FANDOM


GM: A couple of points before we start:
Arganyev: is going to be here Jake?
whispering to Arganyev, I'm not waiting for him.
Arganyev: Sithis has slow trouble starting MapTool)
Arganyev: please follow Mark)
GM: This session, please indicate you're done with a combat turn by saying "Done" or "Finished" or typing "###" when you're done.
GM: I'll try to not advance the turn before then. =)
Singeon: k
Lenia (Harald): Sounds good.
GM: When we're out of combat, after you've told me what you're doing, you can't chime in again with more actions until I specifically invite you.
Sithis: OK
GM: I'll try to go around the group, and make sure everyone is included. But if you do something that takes forever... you won't get actions for a while.
Singeon: You mean after our turn or after combat?
Singeon: OK
GM: When we're out of combat?
GM: Yes? Good.
GM: Okay.
Singeon: k
Narrator: The delvers had defeated the guardians of the hidden library. Cabinets and bookshelves line the walls, and a few long tables run the length of the room. They are covered with books, scrolls, ink, and bookbinding equipment. The long rotted bones of two or three humanoid bodies lie on the floor.
GM: What are people up to?
Beltarne(Nate): checking bodies for l3wts
Singeon: I go to guard the entrance. I figure someone is following me.
** Lenia (Harald) is collecting the scattered notes and books from the floor, packing them carefully but not checking details right now - there's time for that later. **
whispering to Beltarne(Nate), The corpses have a bit of silver and some copper coins on them - 30 and 40, respectively. they also have some weird symbols on their next - looks like Elder Thing cults.
GM: Arganyev? What about you?
Arganyev: ready, now; sorry
whispering to Lenia (Harald), Okay, you have the papers. You find 3 very small gems as you're picking up on the floor. They're worth $20, $40, and $90.
Lenia (Harald): "Beltarne, I found some gems on the floor. Keep an eye out."
Singeon: excellent
whispering to Singeon, Thog is looking up at you, idly wandering what is going on.
GM: What are you two doing?
Sithis: I see the map now
** Arganyev looks around all these books, thinking in their value both economical as sapiential **
Arganyev: is OK my movement to that place?
Sithis: where am I?
Arganyev: along the flaming skull (destroyed!)
Sithis: oh! I see me, thank you
whispering to Sithis, There are 2 glowing gemstones and a glowing ring on the table.
Sithis: I don't know what I do, I need concentration, a moment
Arganyev: we should take some of these material, what do you think? (to the group)
Lenia (Harald): "That's why I'm packing it up, yes."
Sithis: I suppose I see around me for any of valor
Arganyev: oh ^_^
whispering to Arganyev, There's at least one Tome on the table, plus a half-completed book made from well-made paper.
GM: Say again, Sithis? you're surrounded by brave delvers.
Beltarne(Nate): *flexes muscles*
Sithis: See I something of value?
whispering to Lenia (Harald), Arganyev is taking a pair of large tomes, one half complete, off the table.
Sithis: haha, I don't like that!
GM: Well.. there's books on the floor. bookbinding equipment, loose paper, pens and dried ink... stuff like that. Are you searching anywhere?
GM: Also, everyone else can chime in for what they're doing.
Arganyev: forget it, Beltarne; what value can her see in ours? We chant to our god.... Her... I prefer not think too much about!
Lenia (Harald): "Arganyev, keep in mind that we're here to retrieve Dunner's notes for the Town Council; they're worth a *lot* of money."
** Arganyev helps in packing, and curious, looks for something interesting to the eye **
Beltarne(Nate): I'm going to help Lenia pack up the notes, once she's done, looks for gems on the floor
Sithis: Hi guys, I see this: There are 2 glowing gemstones and a glowing ring on the table
** Singeon says "We should collect them and move on, then. More work to be done! **
Arganyev: "OK, Lenia, I understand that as we have work to do"
whispering to Lenia (Harald), You see them too - you missed them when you were focusing on the books on the floor.
Lenia (Harald): Once I've collected the notes, I'm going to check the bookcases; we're looking for the Codex of Unspeakable Summons, if it's here.
** Singeon says, "I get itchy standing around." **
GM: The books are heavy - 6 lbs each. There's about 15 of them on the floor and tables in various shades of disrepair.
Sithis: Sorry guys: I say this: "What's this? I see two magically glowing gemstones and magically glowing ring on the table"
Arganyev: 90 lbs of books
Lenia (Harald): "Pack them in a pouch, I can determine their use later - if we get a chance to rest."
** Singeon says "Bag it and lets move on." **
Sithis: well, if anyone ear it, I take thar for me,
** Arganyev put a *Tome* in the table: guys, look at this... Not you, Beltarne... Any other better **
Arganyev: I just find this...
Beltarne(Nate): Is tha' it, lass?
Narrator: Arganyev slammed the Tome of Unspeakable Summons back on the table, right next to the half-completed book.
Beltarne(Nate): *Which half-completed book?*
Arganyev: Luckily, I have gloves in my hands...
Arganyev: yes, Im curious about that half-book...
Lenia (Harald): "That's the one we need, I think. Along with the notes and that half-finished book - was he making a copy? Beltarne, was there anything interesting on the bodies?"
GM: It looks like a well-made, partially completed, carefully scribed and illustrated, illuminated by small gems, Codex version of the Tome of Unspeakable Summons.
GM: It's very heavy.
Beltarne(Nate): some coin, and some marks on their necks.. look to be elder thing cultists, lass
Sithis: then I take that tome too
Beltarne(Nate): I think we need tae return to base camp again
** Singeon says "We have two copies? Hmmm, I'm sure our buyer's enemies might want a copy..." **
GM: Sithis - you can barely lift it - it weighs 24 lbs.
GM: It will slow you down to carry it.
Sithis: can i read it?
GM: Sure!
Singeon: Does the book seem way heavierthan it should?
Sithis: I don't want wearer, haha, I want read only
GM: No, it's massive. Like, larger than large. Oxford English Dictionary big.
** Lenia (Harald) nods. "We'll need to take them both, along with these notes. The other books may be worthwhile too." **
Arganyev: Lenia, do you think someone could take a discrete look at the book?
GM: Sithis just flipped through it - she wasn't discrete.
Arganyev: Lenia,
Arganyev: hm
Arganyev: sorry, a screen error, fixed)
Arganyev: oh MG
Arganyev: she has scholar abilities
Arganyev: something useful for her?
Beltarne(Nate): ((Klaatu....barada...*cough mumble*))
Arganyev: I ask her about that
Sithis: yes, I want read that tome, the big delvers can take in arms¿
** Singeon says "We cannot fight with this in hand. I agree, return to base camp. **
Lenia (Harald): ((Is it valid to have Thog carry things despite Jake's absence?))
GM: Certainly!
Arganyev: hah
Arganyev: hah
Sithis: Hi guys! I study carefully 4 hours this tome!
Beltarne(Nate): that... may not be wise
Lenia (Harald): Are we returning to base camp so soon?
Lenia (Harald): I don't think we need to.
Singeon: I never said I was wise!
Arganyev: how do you say, Sithis?!?
Sithis: A moment, I believed, you take the tome while I study!
Arganyev: what is the usefulness of that knowledge? I ask
Sithis: sure!! I will learn with that!!
Beltarne(Nate): we done packing up the books mark?
GM: You have a a collection of 90 lbs of books, plus another 36 lbs of Tome of Unspeakable Summons in two versions.
Sithis: I need you take the tome, I don't take that tome very hard!!
GM: Sithis seems to want to read the Tome right here and now.
Sithis: I need study it 4 hours at least!
Lenia (Harald): I think that's going to have to wait.
Singeon: I don't want to camp here... i got a bad feeling. As always.
Arganyev: Singeon, what is the worst can be happening?
Sithis: but I need study it!
Singeon: Some demigod is tracking me to torture me for 1000 years.
Sithis: oh! I know, left the tome in the floor and you go!
Lenia (Harald): What's in it that needs to be studied this minute, Sithis? It's a book; it's been here a long time, it's going to be there for a long time.
Lenia (Harald): Besides, I'm not sure it's safe to study.
Arganyev: no Swashbuckling sir: group disband, remember! (conceals the temper)
Sithis: the tome is very hard for me , I need study now!!
Arganyev: apparently she has some sort of... interest , but she isn't speaking about it!
** Singeon looks worried. "She seems possessed by something to read that tome. **
** Lenia (Harald) raises a suspicious eyebrow. **
Arganyev: do you think that, Singeon?
Singeon: She seems obsessed about it. Wanting to so bad.
Arganyev: Beltarne, what is your assessment about this situation? Do we have a possesseed member?
Sithis: then, I will stay here! If i cant wear with me I stay here, you can do that you want, !
Singeon: See.
Lenia (Harald): GM, I'd like to cast Detect Magic, on Sithis; hopefully I'll be able to tell if she's under some magical influence.
GM: Roll the dice.
Beltarne(Nate): *Hefts possesion-be gone-stick, aka battle axe* one way tae find out
Singeon: Better to be possessed by a bottle than a book!
Sithis: are you mad?? what happens with you?
Lenia (Harald): Detect Magic (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [5,3,5] = 13 vs (17) or less Success! by 4 for [2] => 2 FP.
Arganyev: lets see!
Arganyev: the hour of the Truth!
Arganyev: and... ?
Sithis: I am not possessed!
Singeon: That is just what the possessed would say!
whispering to Lenia (Harald), She doesn't appear any more magical than normal... though Shadow Elves are magical.
** Arganyev grabs the sword, but in a concealed way and keeping it sheathed, while looks with attention **
Sithis: I want only read a tome! I don't understand you...
Singeon: (bit like the witch argument from Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
Arganyev: any possessed creature will say: "Im not possessed", so that is indeed suspicious...
Sithis: but I only want read a book What this?
Arganyev: reading... isn't always good, Sithis!
whispering to Beltarne(Nate), Your Holy sight doesn't detect anything different about Sithis.
Lenia (Harald): "We don't have time for this. Sithis, we're not leaving you in the middle of a dungeon alone to read a book; we're not sitting here while you do it; and I'm fairly certain the book is quite dangerous. Beltarne, do you have anything to wrap that in? And can you carry the two?"
whispering to Arganyev, You can't detect any more evil on Sithis than normal. The Tomes are pretty definitely evil, though.
Singeon: Arganyev, did you find anything?
Beltarne(Nate): I can, but they'll slow me.
Arganyev: Lenia, the dark elf have magic in herself? In other words: is she possessed?
Sithis: No, no, I stay here! I want read it!
Lenia (Harald): "I can't tell. And I can't do anything about it if she is."
Arganyev: Sithis, let me see that book for a moment.... Can I?
Sithis: sure
** Singeon moves closer, en guard **
** Arganyev robs the Tome from Sithis arms! **
Arganyev: [3d6] => [3,4,2] = (9)
GM: Arganyev has the Tomes after Sithis hands them to him. Sithis does not have them any longer.
Arganyev: ehh, take this , Singeon!
** Singeon takes it and backs away from Sithis **
Arganyev: folks, pack this under lock! We cant afford these risks! Definitely, my inner sense tells me this is evil stuff
Sithis: Sithis ungry!
Singeon: IF she spits pea soup I'm gonna freak
GM: ((GM munches on popcorn))
Arganyev: how do you feel now, Sithis? Better, right?
** Arganyev smiles satisfied **
** Singeon goes to the entrance and tosses the book to Thog. He says, "only give it to me or Arganyev. Understand?"" **
Sithis: better?? damn for you!
Beltarne(Nate): so, can we check the shelves and move onward?
Thog: "I do that."
GM: You checking the shelves, Beltarne?
Beltarne(Nate): yup
Arganyev: good Thog
Sithis: but, who has the book now?
GM: Amongst the book binding equipment, you find another 24 small gemstones
GM: Sithis - Thog has it.
Sithis: ah, Tog! well, hahaha
Sithis: sorry
Arganyev: I keep and eye on Sithis, she hasn't answered to the question...
GM: She damned you - I don't think she's feeling better about the situation.
Arganyev: no worries, that is normal after a possession attempt
Arganyev: Im happy with that reaction; it could be worse by far
Sithis: yes, Arganyev grabs me one chance for learn!
Sithis: damn for you again!
Arganyev: OK OK, all is well now (and such)
** Singeon says, "It is for the best." **
GM: Exciting.
GM: What are people up to? All can chime in.
GM: Or discuss amongst yourselves... whatever.
** Singeon is guarding the entrance and keeping an eye on Sithis. **
Beltarne(Nate): lets check out the other doorway in the last room
Lenia (Harald): Heading back down to the other level; we still have a door and a tunnel to check out, as I recall?
GM: If you want to be thorough for a change, yes. =)
Lenia (Harald): Thoroughness is the road to profit and glory.
GM: Lenia climbs down.
GM: Others?
Sithis: bah, people!
** Singeon climbs down **
Thog: "Oof."
Thog: "Thog not ladder!"
Beltarne(Nate): following Lenia
Beltarne(Nate): *climbing down Thog*
Singeon: Always good to have a second job, my friend
Sithis: i don't know, i ungry
** Arganyev reaches Beltarne, more or less sneaky: "Mr Dwarf... Do you thing the evil influences of that Tome could have been something to do with the dareDEVIL behavior of Singeon in this room, he exposing himself to all that danger despite our recommendations of returning down?" **
whispering to Sithis, Please rejoin the group and sulk as you do stuff with them. I'm not splitting the party.
Beltarne(Nate): not really, I'd say it's a case of terminal bravery
** Singeon didn't hear that. Darn **
Arganyev: I will consider your theory, Beltarne
GM: Everyone back on map CM-3?
Singeon: yes
Arganyev: not still
Sithis: I reach the group anyway....
Arganyev: at 90%
Sithis: yes, here
Narrator: This room is a large gallery, possibly larger than the one below. It is palely lit by a cylinder of light, running from the high ceiling to rock strewn floor. In the south center of the gallery, well lit, is a statue of a sneering man.
Narrator: You stand on charred rags lie on the floor, near a burnt pile of wood. A solid wood and iron door blocks a tunnel in the back of the room. A short distance from you, a tunnel leads down into darkness.
Lenia (Harald): "I'm thinking we should check out the tunnel, since I'm pretty sure we'd hear anything coming through that door."
Beltarne(Nate): sounds good
Singeon: Yes
Arganyev: OK, I go first, shield raised
Singeon: What was the order?
Narrator: The tunnel is long and narrow, sloping slightly down.
Sithis: are there two tunnels?
Narrator: It twists and winds a bit.
GM: There is a tunnel, and a doorway with a door.
Arganyev: hm.... Sithis... dare you to explore that dark tunnel?
Sithis: sure!
Sithis: I more curiosity than ungry
Singeon: Sithis, Arganyev, Me, Beltarne, Lenia and Thog! Right?
** Arganyev trembles after making that suggestion **
GM: Talk amongst yourselves.
GM: Sithis, how far in front of the group are you going?
Sithis: i think the tunnel is aaalll black
Sithis: how? hmmmm
Arganyev: shhhs shut up
Sithis: how Lenia?
Arganyev: she should return later, soon, with valuable information
Arganyev: Shut up, Sithis! You are sneaking in the tunnel!
Sithis: the GM ask how far I in front of group
GM: Arganyev - hush.
** Arganyev grabs his head with both arms (shield raised again)... **
Sithis: how?
GM: It's up to you, I suppose, or everyone else could follow you after a bit.
Sithis: well. then I think alone, a moment
GM: The tunnel curves, so you'll lose track of each other if you're separated by more than 5 yards.
GM: How far back is everyone else staying? Set distance, or in in the room?
Sithis: I go in front 30 yards
GM: Okay.
GM: Everyone okay with that?
Lenia (Harald): We should follow rather than wait, yes.
Arganyev: no
Beltarne(Nate): sure
Arganyev: I suggest 10 meters
Singeon: OK
Sithis: Arganyev say me: ungry say angry not ungry))
GM: Arganyev is following at 10 yards. What's the gap to Singeon?
Arganyev: I will try to Hear what happens ahead, while waiting for the shadow elf
Arganyev: (I told her: ungry not, angry was the word)
Singeon: I am close. Two yards?
GM: okay.
Arganyev: aren't you folks too at the same distance, more or less?
whispering to Sithis, The tunnel widens and narrows, with small side tunnels going off short distances. How far down it do you want to go?
Singeon: I am close to Arganyev, I mean
Beltarne(Nate): near Arganyev, here
Sithis: 10 yards! Here anyone ear me!!
GM: They can hear you from there, yes.
Sithis: bah! people!
GM: If you talk, anyway.
Singeon: And so can our enemies!
Arganyev: I suggest to remain quietly, waiting for her report
** Singeon waits, ready to implement the Stunball of Doom scenario. **
Lenia (Harald): "If she runs into trouble up there we need to be close enough to help. We follow at ten yards, keeping the rest of the group close together. Let's go."
GM: ((heh heh heh))
Singeon: Yes, sir!
Arganyev: that is)
Arganyev: what was that laughter?!
Sithis: I walk 10 yards
Singeon: I can't see poo doo in here.
Arganyev: meters, yards)
Arganyev: shhhs
Arganyev: meters*
GM: I haven't opened the map yet. You're just wandering around in tunnels right now. Nothing is happening. Yet.
Singeon: Tunnels are dark, right?
GM: Yes, but Lenia has a Daylight strength continual light up.
Arganyev: and left: entirely lacking of any light
Singeon: Oh, OK..
Singeon: I can see poo doo then.
Sithis: I move another 10 yards more
GM: Okay.
whispering to Sithis, Still boring rock.
Arganyev: then the distance between us is reaching to 20 meters...
Sithis: wait, I forgot turn for report the group!
Arganyev: she hasn't returned to comment anything to us...
GM: You guys are moving up behind her, I think. So it's only 10 yards distant.
Arganyev: OCC)
Sithis: I turn, I forgot, sorry
GM: Any more movement?
Arganyev: aha
Sithis: I turn, I say: people, advanced, no dangers here for the moment
Arganyev: Im alert, only that
Lenia (Harald): We don't need reports unless there's something interesting.
GM: Basically, the main group has moved 10 yards down a tunnel. It's rock, slimy, kinda boring.
Arganyev: you can do Gesture for that, too
** Singeon is very excited by the new rocks. **
GM: ** Singeon is weird. **
Singeon: Let's move
Sithis: I move 10 yards more
Sithis: I gesture for new advanced
Sithis: only more borings rocks
Arganyev: OK, we follow (I guess)
Narrator: Slowly, slowly the delvers advance, as the tunnel turns back and forth slightly. As the tunnel and the delvers descended, the tunnel widened slightly.
Sithis: 10 yards more
Lenia (Harald): ((I don't think we need to do this in 10-metre chunks. We go down the tunnel; I assume we'll be told if there's anything interesting.))
GM: Man, that's lame.
Arganyev: we can keep that fixed distance until something interesting happens
GM: Okay, Sithis, you're in the tunnel. It looks like you're approaching an intersection, with more tunnel down the way. You sense danger.
Beltarne(Nate): ((I dunno, I say we take it down to 5 meter chunks, for funsies))
Sithis: oh! I say before: 30 yards, but no one ear me...
Arganyev: *heard
Sithis: exciting!
Narrator: Suddenly, creatures come pouring out the darkness!

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Thog: "What happening?"
Sithis: I examine around me

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

GM: There is an agitated snake of some kind, plus a swarm of spiders coming your way.
Sithis: sorry, I lost, a moment)
GM: ** Yes, I know spiders don't swarm. Though apparently I didn't when I wrote this. **
Lenia (Harald): ((This is DF. Spiders swarm.))
Beltarne(Nate): ((Dramatic licence))
Lenia (Harald): ((I have no view on the map; should I?))
GM: Sithis, you should find yourself on the map, down and to the left.
GM: No, only Sithis can see the map right now.
Arganyev: spiders are characteristic in their swarming behavior! Always)
Beltarne(Nate): yes, gotta scroll around to find it
Sithis: Im in sneak, I stay quiet and gesture in silence for advise at group
Singeon: What are the light and size mods?
GM: Singeon - it's pitch black outside of the range of the light sources. It's bright day light within 4 hexes of Lenia, -3 for another 11 hexes past that.
Arganyev: Sithis recommends to advance to attack or to retreat?
GM: Sithis - roll Stealth at -3.
Sithis: i don't see me in the map, but imagine it
Sithis: [3d6] => [2,2,5] = (9)
GM: You disappear into darkness.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

GM: Singeon, you've lost sight of Sithis.
** Arganyev is worried: he cant see Sithis anymore! **
Singeon: I stay still and wait for one to come into range.
Singeon: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Beltarne(Nate): Gonna wait
GM: Conditions?
Beltarne(Nate): DO Nothing, rather
Beltarne(Nate): ###

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

GM: Arganyev?
Arganyev: I wait
Arganyev: done

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Lenia (Harald): Yell: "Sithis! Get back here!", and cast Concussion.
Singeon: STUNBALL OF DOOM!
GM: Okay...
Lenia (Harald): Concussion (17) [3d6.skill(17,2)] => [1,2,4] = 7 vs (19) or less Success! by 12 for [2] => 2 FP.
Lenia (Harald): That's actually only success by 10.
Lenia (Harald): But yeah.
Arganyev: the obliged situation of each session!
Lenia (Harald): Done.
GM: Okay then.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: The snake slithers forward, agitated and angry.
Singeon: Is it a big snake?
Generic Monster: A carpet of spiders also moves forward.
Generic Monster: Moderately large, yes.
Sithis: hi1 angry not ungry)
Lenia (Harald): "I don't think they're looking for us. They may go past if we simply let them."
Generic Monster: Sorry! It's a swarm of WASPS, not spiders. That makes more sense.
** Singeon whispers to his comrades, "The snake is mine" **
Lenia (Harald): "I don't think the snake is the problem. Those wasps may be, though."
Generic Monster: Uhm. Wasps. Yeah, they're angry too. They'll attack anything, except other animals due to interspecies courtesy.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Thog: "Thog not like getting bitten."

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Beltarne(Nate): ((Create Air might be effective))
Lenia (Harald): ((Yeah.))
Beltarne(Nate): ((Or center the concussion on the wasps))
Lenia (Harald): ((I'd rather disperse the swarm.))
Beltarne(Nate): ((Hippy))
Sithis: I attack the sneak
Arganyev: snake?
Sithis: sorry, snake
GM: okay, roll for it. you can Telegraph for +4 as the snake is apparently unaware of you.
Sithis: I have today no translator here, sorry)
Arganyev: perhaps that is a surprise attack for it? If it is, remember the modifiers to Striking ST
Sithis: I apunto to the head
GM: Dice, roll?
Sithis: translate, please, Arganyev
GM: Okay, you're at a next -2 (-1, for size, -5, for the head)
Arganyev: done in whisper
GM: I'd like you to roll the dice, please.
Arganyev: I aim to its head
Sithis: I telegraph, aim to its head, and attack impaling
Sithis: this
Sithis: [3d6] => [6,6,5] = (17)
Beltarne(Nate): ((ouch))
GM: spend a character point to reroll?
Sithis: no
Sithis: of course!
GM: your effective skill is 16. You miss, but not critically.
GM: The snake seems surprised as you step out and stab the rock next to it. Surprised, and angry.
Sithis: well

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: 1 FP for Heroic Charge. Move forward and take dual swings on the snake: -2/-1 deceptive, -3 light, -1 size (-6 total)
Singeon: Cant see my icon
GM: you can't quite make it - you're 10 yards away, remember?
Singeon: Oh, nevermind,
Singeon: I move up 7.
GM: a full move leaves you a yard short.
Arganyev: that is me...
GM: oh. 2 yards short, then. Thanks.
GM: doh!
Singeon: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Beltarne(Nate): Move up
** Singeon yells to Lenia: "Advance. I need the light! **
Beltarne(Nate): ###
GM: You run past Arganyev, but you're still a round from getting on the map. Sorry.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I walk full move forward... I forget the Concussion spell from Lenia... too late I guess
Arganyev: my move is 4, I believe
GM: you also are a round off the map.
Arganyev: OK

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Arganyev: ###
Lenia (Harald): What's my current distance to the hex two northwest of Sithis?
GM: 15 yards exactly.
Lenia (Harald): Eugh. Advance 5 yards, and fizzle the Concussion; change of plans.
GM: but there's several guys in the way.
GM: you can hold the Concussion, if you want...
Lenia (Harald): Not if I want to cast another spell.
Lenia (Harald): Done.
GM: you're so right.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Sithis: sorry Lenia, I forgot your Concussion I am installing programs for view the character sheet, sorry)
Generic Monster: the snake is angry. it bites at Sithis. [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,3,1] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
GM: Sithis, defend or get bitten.
GM: It's biting your leg, by the way.
Sithis: [3d6] => [2,4,1] = (7)
GM: how did you defend?
Sithis: I block with my cloak
GM: you give it a good "whap" and it tears at your cloak without sinking into your leg.
Sithis: hehe
Generic Monster: The wasps swarm around you, stinging your exposed face and neck. You take a point of damage.
GM: No one can defend against the swarm!

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Sithis: sure
GM: More swarms of rats (normal sized, so 12" long with big teeth) and rabid bats approach.
Thog: "Thog not like cave varmints! Halflings better, more filling!"

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: Im back for concussion of Lenia
GM: Move, then...
Sithis: just singeon
Arganyev: how many hexes can she retreat backwards=
GM: you step back, dodging carefully.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: 1 FP for Heroic Charge. Move forward and take dual swings on the snake: -2/-1 deceptive, -3 light, -1 size (-6 total)
GM: it's all you.
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-6)] => [2,3,2] = 7 vs (16) or less Success! by 9
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-6)] => [6,3,1] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6
Singeon: YOU ARE MINE!!!!
Generic Monster: With an angry hiss, the snake throws itself backwards [3d6.skill(9,2)] => [2,1,5] = 8 vs (11) or less Success! by 3 [3d6.skill(9,2)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
Arganyev: you are going to enrage the snake
Singeon: Or not....
GM: it's fast.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Sithis: never we will are agree?
Beltarne(Nate): move up
Arganyev: uthopian(
Beltarne(Nate): ###
GM: you see Sithis and Singeon engaged against vermin as more vermin approaches.
GM: Nature. Who needs it?

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I move too, filling the gap between Sithis and Singeon if I reach that place
whispering to Lenia (Harald), By the way - sense of duty, Nature. You're not being bit, so no fighting.
GM: okay.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Arganyev: shouting: "Hey, we can go out of this tunnel and fight the vermins at the light of the other room!"
Arganyev: ###
Lenia (Harald): Step forward, and cast Shape Air; starting in the snake's hex, and aiming northwest, for 4 FP - it's a stiff breeze, 2d6 knockback.
GM: Hmmm. Fair enough.
GM: -3 for range.
Lenia (Harald): Shape Air (17) [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [1,1,5] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7 for [3] => 3 FP.
Arganyev: go ahead, wind
GM: Don't cross the blue line!
Lenia (Harald): I was thinking NW down the corridor.
Lenia (Harald): Along the center of the hexes, basically.
Lenia (Harald): Yar.
Lenia (Harald): Done. :D
GM: [2d6] => [3,2] = (5)[2d6] => [2,5] = (7)
GM: The snake goes skittering along the rock. The wasp swarm flies all over the place, but quickly starts regrouping. The ones that are left, anyway.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: Confusedly, the snake moves to one side, it's tail rattling angrily.
Generic Monster: The wasps swarm forward, into a stiff breeze that knocks them back, and back... okay, they go away.
Generic Monster: A flock of bats and a carpet of rats bounce against the air, not quite pushing through.
Generic Monster: They are all foaming at the mouth and red-eyed in a worrisome way.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Thog: "No leave Thog!"

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: I go for the snake
Sithis: I cant move!
GM: you're capped at 9 unless you spend fatigue.
Sithis: thanks) now attack this snake
Sithis: then spend fatigue
Arganyev: make an Heroic Charge, then, Sithis
Sithis: [3d6] => [2,1,4] = (7)
GM: roll the dice, you're at -1 for it's small size.
Sithis: done
Generic Monster: [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [5,6,3] = 14 vs (9) or less Failure! by 5
GM: You stab it good! Roll damage.
Sithis: [1d6] => [4] = (4)
Sithis: done
Sithis: hmmmm?
Arganyev: final damage?
Arganyev: wait, that was Swing damage
GM: You pin it to the rock, just past the neck. it shakes reflexively and stops moving (8 points)
Arganyev: cutting
GM: oh, 6 points then. same difference.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: Makes a plan change
Singeon: Move
Sithis: heh
GM: Go for it.
Singeon: ###
** Singeon hears his sabres crying for blood!!! **

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Beltarne(Nate): Gonna grab a flask of alchemist's fire from my delvers webbing
Beltarne(Nate): and step
GM: Nice.
Beltarne(Nate): do I need to roll something for that?
GM: No.
GM: But you didn't say you were done, either.
Beltarne(Nate): ####
GM: Thanks.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Beltarne(Nate): just checking
Arganyev: I advance , full move
Arganyev: is OK that move?
GM: Yes it is.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Arganyev: ###
Lenia (Harald): Move forward and fast-draw a vial of Paut from my potion belt.
GM: Roll it.
GM: was that a step or a move?
Lenia (Harald): Should be a step.
Lenia (Harald): Sorry.
Lenia (Harald): And I'll just Ready rather than Fast-Draw; I can't find the FD skill on my sheet, though I thought I had it.
Lenia (Harald): Done.
GM: Wizard!?
Lenia (Harald): Not included.
GM: Yes, it is. or it should be. so roll.
Arganyev: try default, Lenia?
Lenia (Harald): [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,4,3] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: The rats leap at Singeon! The breeze catches them in mid-air, and they land in a tangle next to him, slightly confused. And very angry.
Singeon: Angry at Arganyev????
Singeon: jk
** Arganyev beware, their favored target is the human face! **
Sithis: only one rat?
Generic Monster: The bats swoop toward Arganyev and surround his head, fluttering around him and biting at him. He takes [1d6] => [2] = (2) damage before DR.
GM: So no damage.
Arganyev: thanks armor ;)
GM: It's a swarm of rats. and a swarm of bats. So many, many normal sized ones.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Arganyev: what happens, Thog?
Thog: "Thog no like rats." Thog moves up and shoots a rat.
GM: He kills it very, very dead. Sadly, that leaves about 30 other rats.
Sithis: can I kill that tog? hehe

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: i move to the rats and attack, sure
Sithis: well, I turn to the rat, but I cant move the facing
Arganyev: I think it is a *single* huge rat
GM: you hit them. there's a lot of them.
Sithis: [3d6] => [5,5,6] = (16)
GM: Now there are less of them. But still many.
Lenia (Harald): ((No, Arganyev - it's a swarm of normal-sized rats.))
Arganyev: skill is 18
Arganyev: ah, OK Thank for the clarification)
Sithis: with 16 I hit? well!
Arganyev: wait for GM answer
GM: You can hardly miss the rats when the floor is covered with them.
GM: unfortunately, killing them one or two at a time takes time...

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: I dual swing into the rats. -3 for light.
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-3)] => [4,1,2] = 7 vs (19) or less Success! by 12
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-3)] => [2,6,5] = 13 vs (19) or less Success! by 6
** Singeon yells "Someone torch them, please!" **
GM: You kill several more rats, and then rest run away. one or two may continue to futilely gnaw at your boots, but they are no longer an obstacle.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Singeon: COWARDS!!!
Singeon: YOU HAVE NO HONOR!!!!
Beltarne(Nate): On it lad. Y'all may want to move back
** Arganyev yells: "Beltarne is about to make that, but we should need to retreat from here or be burned, too!" **
Beltarne(Nate): step and wait for a clear area to toss my alchemist's fire.
Singeon: Hold off, lad
Lenia (Harald): "I don't think we need to set the corridor ablaze. We might have trouble breathing in the smoke."
Singeon: The rats have scurried
Singeon: scurried
Beltarne(Nate): when everyone is out of center area, my wait will trigger
GM: okay. I think I got it.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I retreat while attacking at the swarm
Beltarne(Nate): ((I think more were coming?))
Lenia (Harald): ((Just the bats, I think.))
Arganyev: here is a swarm of bats! in my head
Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,3,3] = (7)
Arganyev: that is the sword swing
Singeon: Matches your hat
GM: You knock a couple of bats to the ground, but there's plenty left.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Arganyev: ###
Lenia (Harald): Ready maneuver to uncork the Paut, and end the Shape Air.
GM: okay.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: the bats move toward Arganyev, biting him again for [1d6] => [3] = (3) damage
Arganyev: DR!
GM: your armor absorbs it, again.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Thog: "Too many people in Thog's way."

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: I wrap the bats with my cloak, hampering them or holding them like with a bag
Lenia (Harald): ((Thog needs a second head so he can argue with himself.))
Sithis: can I?
GM: You certainly can.
GM: let me look at some rules...
Beltarne(Nate): ((Good idea, sithis))
Arganyev: Cloak skill, 16
Sithis: oh, thanks)
GM: You knock several of the bats out of the sky, and skewer 1 on your knife. The swarm is definitely smaller.
Arganyev: great
Sithis: good, good

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: I step and dual swing into the bats. -3 for light.
Arganyev: my face will be thankful for that, Sithis
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-3)] => [2,4,5] = 11 vs (19) or less Success! by 8
GM: You hit a couple more bats.
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-3)] => [1,5,3] = 9 vs (19) or less Success! by 10
GM: there's still a lot of them. well, less now.
Arganyev: don't forget acrobatic dodge against swarms of vermin!
Singeon: %%%\

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Singeon: ###
Beltarne(Nate): So, how many more swarms, just the one?
Arganyev: that was friendly encouragement)
GM: You can only see this last couple of bats.
** Singeon says to Arganyev, "Keep them attracted to you hat. I Think they think it is their mother. **
Beltarne(Nate): stepping, and replacing the alchemist's fire in my webbing
Beltarne(Nate): ###
GM: okay.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I smash Sithis cloak with the bats inside, with a (spiked) shield bash
GM: that takes out the last of them.
Arganyev: all out attack, double
GM: your swordwork chops the corpses into small pieces.
Arganyev: Sithis... here is your bloody cloak... sorry
Arganyev: it worked!
Sithis: oh! my cloak!
Singeon: Snakes, bats, rats and wasps. What can cause such fierce enemies to conspire against me?
Arganyev: we can wash it in some river, later
Sithis: we? you!
Lenia (Harald): "It must be your stellar people skills, Singeon."
Arganyev: against you? I mistakenly, thought they were attacking to all us! oh my...!
Singeon: Please. be serious.
Singeon: Which way?
Arganyev: if all we are OK, we could continue the exploration... so, Sithis, your turn again
Arganyev: (that is what my char says)
Lenia (Harald): Assuming combat time is over, I'll drink the Paut. >.>
Sithis: I want explore a few yards ahead us, at right
Singeon: I have a good feeling about the right passage. Cuz its right, right?
** Arganyev thinks: "Again that... It is that a sort of addiction? Hm..." **
GM: okay, you recover fatigue.
Sithis: hey! i go to the right
Sithis: I go
Singeon: How much?
Arganyev: you took the word of Singeon, certainly!
Singeon: I took one after the battle?
** Singeon smiles, "I was being silly. Ha! **
GM: Sithis after a few meters, you see the passage dead ends.
Arganyev: for your Heroic Charge, 1)
Arganyev: the right feeling was ... not enough, then
Sithis: well, I explore it for any more perhaps
Sithis: If nothing, I return
GM: It's definitely a dead end. There are some small holes, but nothing larger than a rat or a bat.
Arganyev: we can arrange our positions and continue exploring the NW path
Singeon: I am sorry friends, but i see patterns in the nature of creatures, patterns against me.
GM: anyone doing anything while Sithis creeps down the corridor?
Sithis: then I explore in front of us
Singeon: I do not wish to endanger you... so i will protect you! I swear!
Singeon: Moving up there
Beltarne(Nate): following 10 yards behind, searching walls for any hidden doors, if we have the time
GM: Sithis - hand on a second, please.
Arganyev: don't worry, we share your weight... Singeon
GM: You do.
Sithis: OK
GM: the corridor explodes with movement!
Lenia (Harald): Waiting patiently.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Arganyev: Beltarne, if you want to search, ask for the time, there aren't problem
Arganyev: ooops
Singeon: uh oh
Thog: "What happening now?"

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Beltarne(Nate): I believe it's called "A trap" my large friend.
Sithis: I sneak, back carefully
GM: A lot of critters are around you, Sithis, including another snake, more rats and bats, and other things movings in the dark.
GM: They're attacking you.
GM: Sneak at -10.
Sithis: haha I run!
GM: The bat swarm is behind you.
Arganyev: cool, bring all them to greeting us
Sithis: can I?
GM: Move, but you'll have to do something to get past the bats or stop in front of them.
Sithis: then, no run
Sithis: I have acrobatics
GM: what are you doing, then?
Sithis: then, I think acrobatic evasion or such
Arganyev: Acrobatic s skill, base 15
GM: ???
Sithis: right?
Sithis: I jump over the vermins and such
GM: Oh, okay. Roll at -5 to get past the flying bats.
Sithis: OK, I agree
Sithis: [3d6] => [6,1,5] = (12)
Sithis: nah! pifia
GM: You dive toward the bats, but bounce off a couple and get knocked to the floor.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: Can I tell if they are moving this way or swarming her?
GM: The bats are swarming her, you can hardly see the rest.
Singeon: move
GM: okay.
Singeon: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Beltarne(Nate): Ready action to draw alchemist's fire!
Beltarne(Nate): step
Beltarne(Nate): and ####

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I don't know what to do... I move forward
Arganyev: I hope there be still room for that alchemist fire, Beltarne...
Arganyev: ###

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

** Singeon forgot about the fire! **
Arganyev: ah, Encouragement for my friends!
Beltarne(Nate): Fire cures varmint problems, guaranteed
** Arganyev shouts Vermin not prevail! Never! **
GM: Lenia?
Lenia (Harald): Cast Thunderclap 7 yards ahead.
Arganyev: verminphobia!
Lenia (Harald): Anyone within 6 yards rolls HT or is deafened, if it succeeds.
GM: right. go for it, -5 to the roll.
Lenia (Harald): Thunderclap (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8 for [1] => 1 FP.
Lenia (Harald): Success by 3.
Arganyev: cool
Singeon: [3d6] => [5,3,4] = (12)
Singeon: Made by 1
Arganyev: ah, not enough?
GM: Sithis and Singeon must roll HT.
Arganyev: hm
Singeon: HT roll
GM: Singeon is okay.
Sithis: [3d6] => [3,2,5] = (10)
GM: Sithis?
Arganyev: Thunderclap was successfully cast, right?
Lenia (Harald): Yes.
Sithis: I rolled
Sithis: again?
Narrator: Lenia speaks, and the walls ahead echo with thunder. Aside from wincing, Singeon and Sithis are unaffected, but the bats flutter in agony and run into walls.
Arganyev: no+
GM: you're good, sorry.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Beltarne(Nate): ((You know bats actually have decent vision, unfortunately))
GM: ((poetic license. and no, I didn't))
Lenia (Harald): ((Yeah, but I'm hoping that a deafened bat will be confused enough to run away rather than attacking.))
Beltarne(Nate): ((Not a bad plan))
Beltarne(Nate): ((I hope being on fire results in the same thing for rats))
Generic Monster: The bats are stunned, but the other critters move forward.
GM: it's madness, I tell you.
Narrator: In the aftermath of Lenia's thunderclap, the cavern trembles. Pebbles drop from the cave ceiling behind Beltarne, and cracks appear in the floor by his feet.
Beltarne(Nate): oh goody
Lenia (Harald): "Is that bad?"
Singeon: Not good....
whispering to Beltarne(Nate), You Pickaxe Penchant tells you that standing where you are, or going backwards, would be fatal.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Beltarne(Nate): mmm.... define bad
Arganyev: is evil
Thog: "Thog no want cavern to get shorter! That only good for short funny men!" He runs forward, lugging the bulging sack of books.
Arganyev: Thog, stand here, not moving for not opening more cracks!
Arganyev: there*

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: I stand with my acrobatic skill and attack vermins, sure
GM: You smack a bunch of bats around.
Beltarne(Nate): we should move forward. quickly

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Beltarne(Nate): ((Speaking to Thog and Lenia))
Singeon: Step and take dual swings on the snake: -4/-2 deceptive, -3 light, -1 size (-8 total)
Sithis: can move to the snake in themap¿
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-8)] => [2,6,5] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-8)] => [6,6,6] = 18 vs (14) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
whispering to Sithis, you can step back, but not quite to the snake.
Singeon: LUCK PLEASE
GM: whiner. go for it.
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-8)] => [3,5,4] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-8)] => [5,3,4] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Singeon: I was hoping for crit
Generic Monster: snake dodges [3d6.skill(9,-2)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (7) or less Failure! by 1 [3d6.skill(9,-2)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (7) or less Failure! by 3
Generic Monster: well, or not.
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [1,6,2] = (9) cut
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [2,2,2] = (6) cut
GM: Singeon steps forward and carves the snake into 5 pieces. He will never get a new pair of boots that way!

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Singeon: Damn- I was hoping for a boot drop (ala world of warcraft)
Beltarne(Nate): Move forward
GM: okay.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I move forward, again, and Encouragement to my allies
GM: roll leadership.
Arganyev: [3d6] => [5,6,1] = (12)
Arganyev: just, by 0
Arganyev: actually , by 1
GM: okay, everyone gets +1 to Fright Checks until Arganyev's next turn.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Lenia (Harald): Am I able to squeeze between Thog and Beltarne?
Arganyev: and to Self Control rolls)
GM: Sure. Friendlies don't obstruct movement.
Lenia (Harald): Done.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: wasps move to Singeon and begin biting him, doing 1 point of damage. rats jump at Lenia, doing [1d6] => [4] = (4) cutting damage.
Generic Monster: Her armor protects.
Singeon: My armor, no???
GM: ((Why does Lenia have more DR than Beltarne?))
Arganyev: entirely?
Lenia (Harald): ((Because I'm a munchkin.))
GM: Armor doesn't help against wasps stinging your neck.
GM: unless you're wearing a sealed suit, which you aren't.
Beltarne(Nate): ((I'm not sure if you actually do))
Singeon: I left the space suit back in town
Arganyev: so Lenia suffers damage? and how much? Im taking notes about
GM: None, she has DR5 on the chest.
Sithis: I lost... what vermins are therehere¿
Arganyev: aha
Arganyev: you are asking a description of the situation, right?
Sithis: rest vermins or such? Im lost
Narrator: Rocks continue to poor from ceiling, rapidly getting larger and larger, until a cascade of rocks larger than your heads half-filles the tunnel. Anyone standing beneath that mass would be crushed!
Sithis: yes, that is
Narrator: Thin cracks spread out on the floor, racing towards you, and more pebbles begin to drop from the ceiling.
Arganyev: Mark, please show the place of the crumbling, please?
GM: Everyone understanding the situation?
Singeon: Can we run past it?
Arganyev: OK
Sithis: not sure
GM: Past the 4' tall mound of rocks? No, running past that would be hard.
** Arganyev yells: "Hurry! This is coming down!" **
Lenia (Harald): "I hope there's another exit from this place."
** Singeon RETREAT! **
Sithis: where was the crumbling¿
GM: Rock pile is in orange.
Beltarne(Nate): are the falling rocks the way we came in?
Arganyev: behind!
GM: Yes, that would be behind you.
Arganyev: I think we need to go forward?
Beltarne(Nate): super
Arganyev: we cant retreat
Singeon: Oh, its back there.
GM: Think of it as exciting, like the cinematic part of the movie.
Singeon: Nevermind
Sithis: then, to the front
GM: everyone clear? great.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Arganyev: yes...
Thog: "Yikes!"
Thog: Run.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Arganyev: you step my boot, Thog, be careful
Sithis: Thog, don't leaves the book, please!
whispering to Lenia (Harald), By the way, you can attack the rats now.
Sithis: I move to the front, sure
Arganyev: run, Sithis
Arganyev: change facing Please
GM: After you turn, you can only go 5, Sithis.
Sithis: I don't know how much I moved
GM: okay.
Sithis: thank Mark

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: The bat is in play?
GM: It's stunned, but recovering.
Singeon: move
Arganyev: forget it... leave it behind
Singeon: ###
GM: okay.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Beltarne(Nate): Move
GM: okay.
Beltarne(Nate): ####

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: run!
Arganyev: ###

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Lenia (Harald): Step, and cast Haste on Beltarne for +3 to move and dodge.
GM: Nice!
Arganyev: damn, another vermin ahead!
Lenia (Harald): Actually, +2.
Lenia (Harald): Because I can't afford to exhaust myself.
GM: No, that would be bad.
Lenia (Harald): Haste (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [4,3,2] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8 for [3] => 3 FP.
Arganyev: it is enough, I have confidence
GM: Aren't you still at 1/2 speed, though, from fatigue?
Lenia (Harald): 5/14 is over 1/3.
GM: So it is.
GM: my bad.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: The rats follow Lenia, biting her [1d6] => [6] = (6)
GM: She takes a point of damage!
Generic Monster: Another rat swarm attacks Singeon [1d6] => [1] = (1)
Lenia (Harald): Ow. ;_;
Arganyev: NOOOOOO!
Arganyev: OK, taking notes
Singeon: DR?
Sithis: but, still are there vermins? I lost again...
Generic Monster: To no effect. Wasps sting at Arganyev for 1 damage.
GM: Still vermins, still many of them.
Arganyev: I said it before: I add crumbling-claustrophobia to the already present verminphobia situation
Sithis: but the vermins don't detect the crumbling too and they go out?
GM: Ah... that'd be a Naturalist question, so you don't know.
Arganyev: apparently not
GM: okay, that's the creepies and the crawlies, mostly.
Sithis: well
Generic Monster: another bat swarm flaps in agitation towards Sithis.
Arganyev: after the crumbling, these vermins will find new depths to inhabit and to be angry
Arganyev: Beltarne is down!
Narrator: Behind you, the floor crumbles into a sinkhole.
Arganyev: the cracks!??!?
Narrator: Rocks from the pile next to it tumble into it.
Narrator: The cracks keep spreading through the tunnel, and more pebbles drop from above.
GM: hope Nate makes it back.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Thog: "Thog no drop important books!"
Thog: He runs forward.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Arganyev: his connection fell down, by the cracks!
Sithis: are there vermins here?
GM: flock of bats, right in front of you.
Arganyev: just run!
Arganyev: or evade
GM: You need to roll Acrobatics or DX-3 to move through the bats.
Arganyev: your decision
Sithis: just I hit with my cloak
GM: Bats tumble from the sky.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Sithis: I open way for the others perhaps
Singeon: step back and attack
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-3)] => [3,6,1] = 10 vs (19) or less Success! by 9
GM: You carve rats into bloody chunks, but there's lot of them.
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-2)] => [2,3,1] = 6 vs (20) or less Critical Success! by 14 [B556]
GM: [3d6.crit_hit()] => [5,3,3] = 11 The blow inflicts normal damage. [B556]
GM: doh!
Singeon: lol
Arganyev: re-lol
GM: You carve them and crush them under your boots. sadly, there's still a lot of them.
** Singeon yells GO GO GO I will catch up **

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Beltarne: "Do nae be takin' long, laddie, this tunnel be too unstable!" Runs forward faster than usual.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: Singeon and Sithis can be there clearing because they are very fast; the others can simply run past to the other side of the passage: are you OK with this?
GM: Who me?
Arganyev: run, again
Singeon: yes
Arganyev: and attack, capped at 9
Sithis: OK for me
GM: The bat swarm is blocking further progress, Arganyev.
Arganyev: shield bashing vermins
GM: Roll it.
Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,3,1] = (8)
GM: You stab and smash the bats.
Arganyev: place my token rightly, then
Arganyev: please
GM: You're where you should be.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Lenia (Harald): Attack, capped at 9, and move.
Arganyev: OK, ###
GM: Who are you attacking?
Lenia (Harald): The rats underfoot. It'll be step, swing, finish move.
GM: okay. no cap on the attack against vermin.
Lenia (Harald): [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6
GM: rats die and you run.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: opportunistic wasp swarms attack Lenia as she passes through, biting and stinging for 1 damage. bat swarms attack Arganyev for [1d6] => [1] = (1) cutting to no effect. the rats jump at Singeon again for [1d6] => [4] = (4) cutting
GM: singeon takes 3 damage.
Arganyev: NOOOOO!
Singeon: Ow!
Lenia (Harald): I have magical Fortify DR over all locations; does damage still apply?
Arganyev: 1 Damage for Lenia, how much for Singeon??
GM: Yes.
Arganyev: 3 for Singeon, sorry)
Generic Monster: rats chase after Thog and bite his massive ankles for no real damage.
whispering to Arganyev, Dude - go through the chat log later and figure out the damage. no point in taking notes now.
Narrator: More rocks tumble down the corridor, crushing rat and bat corpses into paste.
** Singeon realizes he left his quick release backpack back there. **
Singeon: I better get it.
Singeon: NOT
GM: Might I say, "oops"
Singeon: You might.
Arganyev: what a situation

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Arganyev: Mark could show exactly where should be the backpack, if you want to go back for it...
GM: it's off the map, actually.
Singeon: I dropped it at the entrance, basically
GM: ah, well.
Singeon: Back behind the rubble
Singeon: I will return for you, backpack. I swear
Thog: "Thog no like rats!" Thog stomps the rats into paste.
Singeon: All it has is rations, torches and some other sundries.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: I attack again, with th e knife now
Sithis: with the knife, two, one in every hand
GM: bats or rats?
Sithis: OK?
GM: bats or rats?
Sithis: I don't know---
Sithis: hmmmm
Sithis: then, I hit cloak to hold bats
GM: okay, you knock out the last of the swarm orbiting Arganyev's head.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: step and dual attack (full light)
GM: who?
GM: oh, thanks.
Singeon: rats
Sithis: poh,very good!
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [5,6,6] = 17 vs (22) or less Failure! [B556]
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (22) or less Success! by 10
Arganyev: Failure???
Singeon: I failed?
GM: You carve up even more rats.
GM: not really, no failure.
Arganyev: that is going to be present in the Chronicles, Singeon!
Singeon: thanks
GM: heh.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Singeon: ####
Arganyev: what a disappointment
Beltarne: run past some rats, crushing them with his boots as he goes. [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,1,1] = 6 vs (12) or less Success! by 6 "Mae friends, we should be movin on before the ceilin be droppin on us!"
Arganyev: he isn't here, I think...
Arganyev: ahhh, that is better!

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: run!
GM: your move is 4.
Arganyev: I add 1 yar more, for sustained running?
Arganyev: yard*
Arganyev: OK
Arganyev: only asking
GM: No on uneven ground while tremors are knocking rocks out of the ceiling and its dark.
GM: Just saying.
Arganyev: ###

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Arganyev: yes, I remember that now
Lenia (Harald): Keep moving.
GM: indeed.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Lenia (Harald): Done.
Generic Monster: rats and wasps swarm over Thog [1d6] => [6] = (6)
GM: bloodying his massive ankles.
** Arganyev shouts: "Singeon, Sithis, come over here you, too!" **
Generic Monster: bats fly toward Sithis and bite at her [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [2,2,1] = 5 vs (12) or less Success! by 7
Sithis: hmmmm, the rats are friends of ogres?
Generic Monster: [1d6] => [6] = (6) cutting damage
GM: Sithis takes 5 damage after armor!
Sithis: I block with my poor cloak
Sithis: no block¿
GM: you can't, they fly around you. i mean you block some, but there's like 20 of them.
Sithis: well. no block
Sithis: 6 damage
Narrator: behind you, around the corner, the tremors and sounds of falling rocks fill the air.
whispering to Sithis, 6 damage base, DR3 removes 3, but it's cutting... so you take 4. oops!
GM: Sithis only took 4 damage, not 5.
Arganyev: aha

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Sithis: I took damage in the scenario above this
Thog: "Owie!" Runs!

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: and fatigue
GM: plenty of time to recover that. what are you doing NOW?
Arganyev: 1FP, that doesn't matter now)
Sithis: run! haha
GM: move, then.
Sithis: acrobatic evasion or run¿
GM: nothing is blocking your way.
Sithis: run, then
Sithis: here?
Arganyev: exactly 7 hexes
GM: Yes, indeed.
Sithis: OK, then, done
Sithis: run Singeon, go, go!
Narrator: A faint light shines ahead of Sithis, illuminating the way that the tunnel floor gives way sharply. In front of her, a chasm. behind her, the tunnel collapses.
Singeon: move
Narrator: Also, there's a swarm of wasps.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: ###
GM: okay.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Sithis: Lenia, we need you think anything
Arganyev: so we are running to falling down in a chasm?
Beltarne: "I dinnae be likin' this! We've come to the chasm again, but we cannae be takin' our sweet time crossin' it, if we can cross it atall!"
Beltarne: also, run forward.
Arganyev: something*

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: Please, can you show the chasm's location?
Sithis: well, something)
Arganyev: OK
Arganyev: I run, of course
Arganyev: oops, I stumbled with Beltarne!
Beltarne: "watch it, ye oaf!"

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Arganyev: ###
Lenia (Harald): Continuing to move.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Arganyev: hi?
Generic Monster: the critters chase after you.
Generic Monster: the wasps swarm Thog.
Arganyev: what a demonic bent in ignoring their own fear and biting to us to our deaths!
Generic Monster: more wasps swarm Arganyev and Beltarne.
Generic Monster: each of them takes 1 damage.
Arganyev: isn't this a bit strange? Sure the Tome has something to do...
Arganyev: OK
GM: ((that's Beltarne's first damage, by the way))
Sithis: the tome is mine! remember!
Lenia (Harald): "No, I think we've just pissed off a really large swarm of wasps by bringing a cave down on their heads."
Singeon: You think?
Mark: it's 9 PM, I hate to stop on a soon to be literal cliffhanger, but... it's 9 PM and people got stuff to do.
Sithis: ooooohhhh :(
Arganyev: lol , another cliffhanger ;)
Mark: We'll pick it up on the 25th, when bad things will really start to happen.
Singeon: Well, we had a slow start.
Singeon: But this was good
Arganyev: we stop, then , about to reach the chasm
Singeon: Kinda Indiana Jones like
Mark: Thanks for playing, and for putting up with the slow start of the swarm sequence.
Arganyev: that is true, Singeon, my bad in that
Mark: By the way, this will be the last swarm sequence EVER.
Mark: Because I hated it.
Mark: But the cave collapse is cool.
Singeon: lol
Lenia (Harald): I especially like how it's managing to eat PC gear. :D
Singeon: Throw me the whip, I throw you the idol
Arganyev: you hated it? ouch
Singeon: Thanks again.
Singeon: I love you all
Sithis: was very nice, thanks Mark ! :)
Mark: It was boring, I'm afraid.
Singeon: that would be love
Lenia (Harald): Thanks for the game.
Singeon: I actually enjoyed it
Mark: For me. The collapse eating PC gear - that was fun.
Arganyev: not for us, Mark
Singeon: Ack!
Mark: well, I'm glad it was better for some people. We'll talk about it later.
Sithis: was very fun for me
Mark: Goodnight, folks.
Arganyev: OK, thanks folks
Singeon: One request, i don't think I have all my CPs
Sithis: night
Arganyev: see you, in the group, forums and such
Mark: Uhm?
Singeon: can we post them on the wiki?
Mark: Take it up on email, on the wiki, whatever. sure.
Singeon: thanks.
Singeon: See ya later!
Mark: Goodnight and goodbye!

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.