FANDOM


[Sun Mar 30 17:56:40 2008] : (1663) Mark: okay.
[Sun Mar 30 17:56:45 2008] : (1663) Mark: sound off!
[Sun Mar 30 17:56:55 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: Where's my little dude?
[Sun Mar 30 17:56:55 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): One!
[Sun Mar 30 17:56:56 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Fnord.
[Sun Mar 30 17:57:12 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: have we a grumpy leprechaun token?
[Sun Mar 30 17:57:13 2008] : (1663) Mark: There he is.
[Sun Mar 30 17:57:33 2008] : (1663) Mark: An hour late. Shall we get started?
[Sun Mar 30 17:57:34 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: Perfect
[Sun Mar 30 17:57:42 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): To the caverns!
[Sun Mar 30 17:57:46 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: yes for me
[Sun Mar 30 17:58:01 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): I'm sure all our problems will dissappear once we're surrounded by nice solid stone
[Sun Mar 30 17:58:08 2008] : (1658) Sithis: and Singeon?
[Sun Mar 30 17:58:15 2008] : (1663) GM: Eric is absent today.
[Sun Mar 30 17:58:16 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): Not here today
[Sun Mar 30 17:58:17 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): To the wilderness random encounter!
[Sun Mar 30 17:58:20 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: May Tyrandor bless our rolls, and curse the dice of our enemies!
[Sun Mar 30 17:58:26 2008] : (1658) Sithis: ah
[Sun Mar 30 17:58:59 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: [3d6] => [3,1,3] = (7)
[Sun Mar 30 17:59:05 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: Dice!
[Sun Mar 30 17:59:08 2008] : (1663) Narrator: Your delving band assembles at the Silk Gate, the western entrance to Polisberg.
[Sun Mar 30 17:59:14 2008] : You have changed your die roller to the "gurps" roller.
[Sun Mar 30 17:59:24 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): The Lord of the Bronze Mask will ALSO deign to bless our travels, I'm sure
[Sun Mar 30 17:59:35 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: *shh
[Sun Mar 30 17:59:41 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: ;)
[Sun Mar 30 17:59:50 2008] : (1663) Narrator: The guard there, "heading out to make a fortune?"
[Sun Mar 30 18:00:05 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): Several, preferably
[Sun Mar 30 18:00:31 2008] : (1663) Narrator: "You don't look like merchants. Where's the rest of your trade goods?"
[Sun Mar 30 18:00:41 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): *preferably, that is
[Sun Mar 30 18:00:59 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: we aren't merchants!
[Sun Mar 30 18:01:01 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): We're no merchants. We're ADVENTURERS!
[Sun Mar 30 18:01:11 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: (whispering): I'm "landing" on a flat spot on the top of the wagon
[Sun Mar 30 18:01:30 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: our trades are with danger, and with the lives of our enemies!
[Sun Mar 30 18:01:39 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): *Begins humming his themesong... sounds a lot like the zelda music*
[Sun Mar 30 18:01:40 2008] : (1663) Narrator: "Delvers, eh?" He looks at Lenia. "You know, miss, some of your companions... the little one is a thief, and a shadow elf!"
[Sun Mar 30 18:01:49 2008] : (1663) Narrator: "You should really reconsider."
[Sun Mar 30 18:01:59 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: WHAT did you just call me?
[Sun Mar 30 18:02:15 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: shsss
[Sun Mar 30 18:02:24 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: I think he called me an elf! Didja 'ere that?
[Sun Mar 30 18:02:30 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: perhaps he knows your face, Logaire)
[Sun Mar 30 18:02:31 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "Nothing you haven't already been convicted of, I'm sure, Loegaire. I can take care of myself, master guardsman, but thank you for your concern."
[Sun Mar 30 18:02:32 2008] : (1663) Narrator: "You want to try something, shorty? I'm a town guard, you're a known criminal.. you'll hang for sure."
[Sun Mar 30 18:02:45 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): You're obviously too short to be an elf.
[Sun Mar 30 18:02:51 2008] : (1663) Narrator: "Well, miss, if you think so." He waves you through the gates.
[Sun Mar 30 18:03:01 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: Oh, you'd like that you dog-pleasing pillock!
[Sun Mar 30 18:03:05 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: gravity isn't too heavy for that working in him-chuckle
[Sun Mar 30 18:03:09 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): To glory!
[Sun Mar 30 18:03:24 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: *grumble*
[Sun Mar 30 18:03:33 2008] : (1663) Narrator: You start out on the long road to the Caverns of Madness.
[Sun Mar 30 18:03:50 2008] : (1663) GM: Anyone want to try Hiking, Weather Sense, or Navigation checks?
[Sun Mar 30 18:03:51 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): Now now, this reminds me of the time me great great gand da was exploring the unknown chasm
[Sun Mar 30 18:03:52 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: so the guard is behind, now
[Sun Mar 30 18:04:18 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: a moment, have we a guide? I don't remember
[Sun Mar 30 18:04:23 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I guess not
[Sun Mar 30 18:04:28 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,2,6] = 14 vs (12) or less Failure! by 2
[Sun Mar 30 18:04:32 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I approve in general of Hiking, but I don't think we have anyone with the appropriate wilderness skills.
[Sun Mar 30 18:04:40 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: I set up my traveling carpet. Tent pitched in a corner, daggers at the ready. Traveling in STYLE!
[Sun Mar 30 18:04:40 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): bah, hiking fail
[Sun Mar 30 18:04:41 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Skill Roll: Hiking [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [2,5,2] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
[Sun Mar 30 18:04:46 2008] : (1663) GM: Nate, what did you just roll?
[Sun Mar 30 18:04:52 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I have Hiking 12
[Sun Mar 30 18:05:01 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: hm, I cant roll...
[Sun Mar 30 18:05:13 2008] : (1663) GM: just type "[3d6] => [4,2,2] = (8)"
[Sun Mar 30 18:05:20 2008] : (1663) GM: it's easy.\
[Sun Mar 30 18:05:23 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [3,2,3] = (8)
[Sun Mar 30 18:05:27 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: made by 4
[Sun Mar 30 18:05:46 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I'm not sure it matters, with Beltarne failing.
[Sun Mar 30 18:05:51 2008] : (1663) GM: oh, and everyone has 5CP for good role-playing. You can't spend it on improvements, but you can use it for rerolls (1 CP) or buying success (2 CP).
[Sun Mar 30 18:06:08 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: oh, great
[Sun Mar 30 18:06:14 2008] : (1661) Loegaire: (whispering): Just a reminder: My character has Danger Sense and Serendipity. In case I need it... ;)
[Sun Mar 30 18:06:25 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): Hiking (10) [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [6,3,4] = 13 vs (10) or less Failure! by 3
[Sun Mar 30 18:06:35 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): hmm, sorry, that was just a test
[Sun Mar 30 18:06:56 2008] : (1663) GM: I figured, since your Hiking is higher.
[Sun Mar 30 18:07:05 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Default Skill Roll [3d6.defaultskill(16,11,0)] => [4,2,5] = 11 vs (27) or less Success! by 16
[Sun Mar 30 18:07:14 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Whoa, that's not right.
[Sun Mar 30 18:07:21 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Sithis you have Hiking skill?
[Sun Mar 30 18:07:22 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Default Skill Roll [3d6.defaultskill(16,-5,0)] => [1,6,2] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
[Sun Mar 30 18:07:36 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): That for weather sense.
[Sun Mar 30 18:07:45 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I have hiking
[Sun Mar 30 18:07:55 2008] : (1658) Sithis: hiking, sorry
[Sun Mar 30 18:08:04 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: sure you stumbled
[Sun Mar 30 18:08:20 2008] : (1663) GM: Anyone trying a Navigation roll?
[Sun Mar 30 18:08:32 2008] : (1658) Sithis: y, my fingers, too long :)
[Sun Mar 30 18:08:50 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I'm not willing to risk defaulting Navigation. :D
[Sun Mar 30 18:08:55 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: not me
[Sun Mar 30 18:09:01 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): no navigation here
[Sun Mar 30 18:09:09 2008] : (1663) GM: okay, then.
[Sun Mar 30 18:09:56 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I can try
[Sun Mar 30 18:09:56 2008] : (1658) Sithis: how?...
[Sun Mar 30 18:10:04 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Sithis are you trying Navigation by default or what?
[Sun Mar 30 18:10:20 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I don't know...
[Sun Mar 30 18:10:23 2008] : (1658) Sithis: only try
[Sun Mar 30 18:10:27 2008] : (1658) Sithis: try
[Sun Mar 30 18:10:46 2008] : (1663) Narrator: The delvers trudged toward the Hobar mountains. Beltaine pushed himself hard, claiming that Dwarves could walk for days, but not proving it.
[Sun Mar 30 18:10:48 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: IQ-5 is the default on land
[Sun Mar 30 18:11:13 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): well, i have IQ 14...
[Sun Mar 30 18:11:18 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): -4 more since we don't have a compass.
[Sun Mar 30 18:11:19 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): or is that metagaming?
[Sun Mar 30 18:11:28 2008] : (1663) Narrator: A day passed. Walking under a cool breeze, the band made good time.
[Sun Mar 30 18:11:51 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I think we're best off without attempting Navigation, really.
[Sun Mar 30 18:11:56 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): k
[Sun Mar 30 18:11:59 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Jake are you having trouble again?
[Sun Mar 30 18:12:54 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Loegaire??
[Sun Mar 30 18:13:00 2008] : (1663) Narrator: The night passed uneventfully. After that, another day of hiking, and night of peaceful sleep.
[Sun Mar 30 18:13:03 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [3,1,3] = (7)
[Sun Mar 30 18:13:22 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK
[Sun Mar 30 18:13:34 2008] : (1658) Sithis: sorry, my mistake)
[Sun Mar 30 18:13:38 2008] : (1663) GM: Valinaar - you made your hiking roll, but everyone is slowed down because Beltaine failed.
[Sun Mar 30 18:13:52 2008] : (1663) Mark: Have we lost Jake again?
[Sun Mar 30 18:14:06 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: it is very small . . .
[Sun Mar 30 18:14:08 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I think so.
[Sun Mar 30 18:14:44 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: the guard caught him!
[Sun Mar 30 18:14:48 2008] : (1663) Mark: Well... we'll go on without him and hope he recovers in a moment.
[Sun Mar 30 18:14:53 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: he knew him as a criminal...
[Sun Mar 30 18:15:28 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK Mark
[Sun Mar 30 18:15:37 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 18:15:37 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): I've occasionally had issues with players dropping connection and not being able to rejoin when minis were on the map. There's no solution that I've been able to find. =/
[Sun Mar 30 18:15:49 2008] : (1663) Mark: Jake?
[Sun Mar 30 18:15:58 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: what happened Loegaire? You escaped from that guard?
[Sun Mar 30 18:16:43 2008] : (1663) Mark: He might just be scouting ahead on his flying handkerchief.
[Sun Mar 30 18:17:15 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: sure!
[Sun Mar 30 18:17:22 2008] : (1658) Sithis: haha
[Sun Mar 30 18:17:23 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: and he cant hear us, I understand now
[Sun Mar 30 18:17:26 2008] : (1663) Mark: Okay then.
[Sun Mar 30 18:17:30 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: the wind blows hard
[Sun Mar 30 18:17:48 2008] : (1663) GM: Where were we? Day 2.
[Sun Mar 30 18:17:59 2008] : (1658) Sithis: OK
[Sun Mar 30 18:18:01 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: after that peaceful sleep
[Sun Mar 30 18:18:29 2008] : (1663) Narrator: Hmmm. are you guys setting double watches? Single watches? Just letting Leann and Kaetlin do their jobs? Asking Ricka to join in?
[Sun Mar 30 18:18:37 2008] : (1663) GM: Hmmm. are you guys setting double watches? Single watches? Just letting Leann and Kaetlin do their jobs? Asking Ricka to join in?
[Sun Mar 30 18:18:43 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): single watches?
[Sun Mar 30 18:18:46 2008] : (1663) GM: Ricka is the groom, by the way.
[Sun Mar 30 18:19:11 2008] : (1663) GM: okay, single watches it is. that might be important.
[Sun Mar 30 18:19:14 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK Beltarne
[Sun Mar 30 18:19:21 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I m up for a watch
[Sun Mar 30 18:19:57 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: are we involved in the watches? Im up for one of them
[Sun Mar 30 18:20:04 2008] : (1663) Narrator: By the third day, the delvers were beginning to tire of their bland rations and boring journey.
[Sun Mar 30 18:20:21 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I prefer a double watch, though we can include Leann and Kaetlin in the rotation. There are six of us if we include the guards, that's plenty for a double watch.
[Sun Mar 30 18:20:34 2008] : (1663) Narrator: Only the possibility of excitement and fortune at the Caverns propelled them on.
[Sun Mar 30 18:20:44 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Bland nothing. Elven rations are tasty.
[Sun Mar 30 18:20:50 2008] : (1663) GM: single or double? it's kind of important.
[Sun Mar 30 18:20:54 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): well, for you
[Sun Mar 30 18:21:03 2008] : (1663) GM: (I know, Linea's eating well, but no one else is).
[Sun Mar 30 18:22:15 2008] : (1658) Sithis: oh! I read those maps
[Sun Mar 30 18:22:16 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): Have you got an instant messenger?
[Sun Mar 30 18:22:31 2008] : (1673) GM: They were local maps to the caverns, only.
[Sun Mar 30 18:22:36 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Sithis, do you want to read them first? (Book Learned Wisdom by the way, Area Knowledge 2 points for the Annotated Map)
[Sun Mar 30 18:22:56 2008] : (1673) GM: the 100 miles of bad roads between Polisberg and the Caverns... you didn't buy maps for that.
[Sun Mar 30 18:23:07 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): We decided on double watches, for the record. If you have an IM, I can send you the full conversation.
[Sun Mar 30 18:23:11 2008] : (1658) Sithis: in two days, I already read them)
[Sun Mar 30 18:23:20 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I know, but it is for having the thing already learned)
[Sun Mar 30 18:23:22 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK)
[Sun Mar 30 18:23:48 2008] : (1658) Sithis: only for caverns, yes
[Sun Mar 30 18:23:53 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Mark, are you getting my whispers? >.>
[Sun Mar 30 18:24:31 2008] : (1673) Mark: (whispering): Don't need it, but thanks.
[Sun Mar 30 18:24:35 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 18:24:35 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: (whispering): hm, do you think there is some lag? Not sure about that
[Sun Mar 30 18:24:45 2008] : (1673) Mark: (whispering): dunno.
[Sun Mar 30 18:25:24 2008] : (1673) Narrator: The third night was like any other.
[Sun Mar 30 18:25:42 2008] : (1673) GM: [1d6] => [5] = (5)[1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Sun Mar 30 18:26:07 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: random danger folks! I can sense it!
[Sun Mar 30 18:26:27 2008] : (1673) GM: Lenia, I need a perception check. [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [5,2,6] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
[Sun Mar 30 18:26:36 2008] : (1673) GM: yeah, it'd be important.
[Sun Mar 30 18:27:01 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): dropping my pack and drawing my axe
[Sun Mar 30 18:27:18 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Perception: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [3,6,4] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
[Sun Mar 30 18:27:31 2008] : (1673) GM: oops.
[Sun Mar 30 18:27:41 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: who is awake?
[Sun Mar 30 18:27:41 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I'll use Luck on that one.
[Sun Mar 30 18:27:45 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Perception: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,3,2] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
[Sun Mar 30 18:27:46 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Perception: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [1,3,6] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
[Sun Mar 30 18:27:48 2008] : (1673) GM: [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,5,3] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4
[Sun Mar 30 18:27:59 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): oh, night time, got it
[Sun Mar 30 18:28:21 2008] : (1673) GM: Okay, Lenia, you hear chittering in the night. Sithis, you suddenly bolt upright. Something is coming.
[Sun Mar 30 18:28:29 2008] : (1673) GM: [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [4,1,1] = 6 vs (14) or less Success! by 8
[Sun Mar 30 18:28:38 2008] : (1673) GM: same for Loegaire, if he can type.
[Sun Mar 30 18:29:00 2008] : (1673) Narrator: The night was dark, the only sounds the rustle of the trees and the crack of the fire.
[Sun Mar 30 18:29:05 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): am i still snoozing?
[Sun Mar 30 18:29:29 2008] : (1673) GM: Yes, everyone is still asleep except for Lenia, Leann, and Sithis.
[Sun Mar 30 18:29:33 2008] : (1673) GM: What are people doing?
[Sun Mar 30 18:29:34 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): k
[Sun Mar 30 18:29:42 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: the others are sleeping, I guess
[Sun Mar 30 18:30:17 2008] : ** (1652) Lenia (Harald387) shoots to her feet, staff at the ready. "Something is out there! Wake up!" **
[Sun Mar 30 18:30:35 2008] : (1673) Leann: "I don't hear anything..."
[Sun Mar 30 18:31:06 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I try to wake, if that is possible; my shield is below my "pillow"
[Sun Mar 30 18:31:16 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I dray a melee knife
[Sun Mar 30 18:31:17 2008] : (1673) GM: By the way, I'm assuming that Lenia cast Continual Light at some point, so the entire area within 6 hexes of the fire is lit like daylight, and then it's -3 beyond that to the edge of the fog.
[Sun Mar 30 18:31:28 2008] : (1673) GM: And yes, you can wake up.
[Sun Mar 30 18:31:28 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 18:31:28 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: (whispering): Leann is Loegaire, I guess
[Sun Mar 30 18:31:33 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I like that assumption.
[Sun Mar 30 18:31:46 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): up, axe and shield ready
[Sun Mar 30 18:31:56 2008] : (1673) GM: combat starts!
[Sun Mar 30 18:32:07 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: are all we ready?
[Sun Mar 30 18:32:22 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK GM)
[Sun Mar 30 18:32:25 2008] : (1658) Sithis: but I have Night Vision, I try see what happen
[Sun Mar 30 18:32:28 2008] : (1673) GM: People who were sleeping are lying down, no gear ready but armored.
[Sun Mar 30 18:32:29 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 18:32:29 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): Boot the dead connections? It's possible they're interfering. Never helped me, but it might work.
[Sun Mar 30 18:32:54 2008] : (1673) GM: ooh, good point. there is some moonlight -- you see large bats and rats approaching. 1 second of action, please.
[Sun Mar 30 18:33:13 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): kneel, picking up axe and shield
[Sun Mar 30 18:33:29 2008] : (1673) GM: sithis first.
[Sun Mar 30 18:33:29 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: fastdraw my broadsword and going upwards
[Sun Mar 30 18:33:33 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): k
[Sun Mar 30 18:33:34 2008] : (1658) Sithis: only rats?
[Sun Mar 30 18:33:37 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,3,6] = (13)
[Sun Mar 30 18:33:38 2008] : (1673) GM: and large bats.
[Sun Mar 30 18:33:42 2008] : (1673) GM: SITHIS ONLY.
[Sun Mar 30 18:33:58 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: (whispering): sorry
[Sun Mar 30 18:34:06 2008] : (1658) Sithis: aviso a los otros
[Sun Mar 30 18:34:10 2008] : (1658) Sithis: sorry
[Sun Mar 30 18:34:19 2008] : (1673) GM: warn the others?
[Sun Mar 30 18:34:27 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: yes)
[Sun Mar 30 18:34:30 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I warn the others
[Sun Mar 30 18:34:35 2008] : (1658) Sithis: others
[Sun Mar 30 18:34:41 2008] : (1673) GM: okay. singeon and loegaire are sick.
[Sun Mar 30 18:35:12 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I attack myself, only rats...
[Sun Mar 30 18:35:27 2008] : (1673) GM: a pair of huge bats sweep out the darkness!
[Sun Mar 30 18:35:41 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I attack the rat
[Sun Mar 30 18:35:46 2008] : (1658) Sithis: rats
[Sun Mar 30 18:35:46 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: rats
[Sun Mar 30 18:36:00 2008] : (1673) GM: they're not in range yet.
[Sun Mar 30 18:36:12 2008] : (1673) GM: [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [5,5,6] = 16 vs (10) or less Failure! by 6
[Sun Mar 30 18:36:43 2008] : (1673) GM: Leann starts retching. everyone can smell something foul as the bats approach - they stink to high heaven.
[Sun Mar 30 18:37:42 2008] : (1679) GM: Beltaine, you get to your knees as a Change Position.
[Sun Mar 30 18:37:54 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): may i pick up weapons as well?
[Sun Mar 30 18:38:08 2008] : (1679) GM: Arganyev, you get to your knees as a Change Position. Fast-draw your sword. (Beltaine: no, look at the rules).
[Sun Mar 30 18:38:14 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): k
[Sun Mar 30 18:38:26 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I succeeded by 1 in Fastdraw)
[Sun Mar 30 18:38:40 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((I see bats, but no rats. Is this correct?))
[Sun Mar 30 18:38:45 2008] : (1679) GM: okay, next time, roll in the open. oh, wait, you already did.
[Sun Mar 30 18:38:50 2008] : (1679) GM: rats are coming onscreen now.
[Sun Mar 30 18:38:59 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): K.
[Sun Mar 30 18:39:19 2008] : (1679) GM: Lenia, your action.
[Sun Mar 30 18:39:36 2008] : (1679) GM: Lenia?
[Sun Mar 30 18:39:52 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Casting Thunderclap, targeting the hex midway between the two bats.
[Sun Mar 30 18:40:05 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Spellcasting Roll: Thunderclap [3d6.skill(17,-1)] => [2,2,5] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7
[Sun Mar 30 18:40:31 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Bats roll HT or are deafened; I roll HT+2 or am deafened.
[Sun Mar 30 18:40:52 2008] : (1679) GM: okay. what about Leann?
[Sun Mar 30 18:41:04 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): She's out of the 3-yard radius.
[Sun Mar 30 18:41:09 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Health: [3d6.skill(12,+2)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3
[Sun Mar 30 18:41:27 2008] : (1679) GM: [3d6] => [2,5,1] = (8)[3d6] => [5,6,1] = (12)[3d6] => [3,6,1] = (10)
[Sun Mar 30 18:42:02 2008] : (1679) Narrator: Lenia murmurs and an impressively loud boom splits the air.
[Sun Mar 30 18:42:17 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((I'm not entirely sure what deafening does to a bat, but I hope it's useful. >.>))
[Sun Mar 30 18:42:20 2008] : (1679) Leann: "Ooof!" Leann is sick.
[Sun Mar 30 18:42:27 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 18:42:27 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: (whispering): whiteboard - Right click in the map - Delete all lines, if you want
[Sun Mar 30 18:42:32 2008] : (1679) Kaitlen: get to knees.
[Sun Mar 30 18:42:39 2008] : (1679) GM: sithis, your turn.
[Sun Mar 30 18:42:54 2008] : (1653) Beltarne (Nate): ((well, echolocation requires hearing))
[Sun Mar 30 18:43:06 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I attack, again and move
[Sun Mar 30 18:43:13 2008] : (1679) Mark: (whispering): thanks!
[Sun Mar 30 18:43:19 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: move and attack, to the rat)
[Sun Mar 30 18:43:23 2008] : (1658) Sithis: or move and attack
[Sun Mar 30 18:43:34 2008] : (1679) GM: which one? roll against a 9...
[Sun Mar 30 18:43:58 2008] : (1658) Sithis: that
[Sun Mar 30 18:43:59 2008] : (1679) GM: roll?
[Sun Mar 30 18:44:05 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [2,4,5] = (11)
[Sun Mar 30 18:44:14 2008] : (1679) GM: you miss as you slash at it on the run.
[Sun Mar 30 18:44:33 2008] : (1658) Sithis: yes
[Sun Mar 30 18:44:36 2008] : (1679) GM: foul bat slams Leann [3d6] => [5,5,5] = (15)v16
[Sun Mar 30 18:44:49 2008] : (1679) Leann: block [3d6] => [5,3,4] = (12)v9 (sickened)
[Sun Mar 30 18:44:59 2008] : (1679) Leann: [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7)[1d6] => [1] = (1)
[Sun Mar 30 18:45:22 2008] : (1679) GM: the bat bowls Leann over and moves past her.
[Sun Mar 30 18:45:50 2008] : (1679) GM: Sithis, roll HT or be sick.
[Sun Mar 30 18:45:59 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((Sorry)
[Sun Mar 30 18:46:00 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [3,3,6] = (12)
[Sun Mar 30 18:46:16 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: failure by 1
[Sun Mar 30 18:46:26 2008] : (1658) Sithis: sick too
[Sun Mar 30 18:46:31 2008] : (1679) GM: you're overcome with sickness from the awful smell.
[Sun Mar 30 18:46:54 2008] : (1679) GM: lenia, a bat closes in on you [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [6,6,6] = 18 vs (16) or less Critical Failure! [B556] trying to slam you into the ground.
[Sun Mar 30 18:47:06 2008] : (1679) GM: uhm. but failing. miserably.
[Sun Mar 30 18:47:11 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): heh
[Sun Mar 30 18:47:24 2008] : (1679) GM: [3d6.crit_miss] => <bound method gurps.crit_miss of [5, 5, 5]>
[Sun Mar 30 18:47:25 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Poor bat. =(
[Sun Mar 30 18:47:30 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: you laugh to bats? That is cruel
[Sun Mar 30 18:47:35 2008] : (1679) GM: [3d6.crit_miss()] => [6,3,4] = 13 You lose your balance & can do nothing else (not even free actions) until next turn; all defenses -2 until next turn. [B556]
[Sun Mar 30 18:47:54 2008] : (1679) GM: It flaps clumsily, fighting for balance.
[Sun Mar 30 18:47:58 2008] : (1679) GM: Lenia, roll HT or be sick.
[Sun Mar 30 18:48:15 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Health: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [1,4,5] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
[Sun Mar 30 18:48:30 2008] : (1679) GM: sick, by the way, is -2 on all rolls but active defenses, where you're only at a -1.
[Sun Mar 30 18:48:49 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK, next
[Sun Mar 30 18:48:56 2008] : (1679) GM: sithis, the rat steps in and bites you [3d6] => [4,5,6] = (15)v15
[Sun Mar 30 18:49:03 2008] : (1679) GM: it hits unless you parry or dodge.
[Sun Mar 30 18:49:14 2008] : (1679) GM: the other rats close
[Sun Mar 30 18:49:25 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I parry
[Sun Mar 30 18:49:31 2008] : (1679) GM: roll it?
[Sun Mar 30 18:49:32 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [1,2,2] = (5)
[Sun Mar 30 18:49:39 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: success by 7
[Sun Mar 30 18:49:55 2008] : (1658) Sithis: OK?
[Sun Mar 30 18:49:58 2008] : (1658) Sithis: OK?
[Sun Mar 30 18:50:07 2008] : (1679) GM: yeah, that does it. make an attack roll at -5 to stab the rat since it is attacking unarmed.
[Sun Mar 30 18:50:25 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [6,1,3] = (10)
[Sun Mar 30 18:50:34 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: success by 5
[Sun Mar 30 18:50:52 2008] : (1679) GM: okay, you parry the rat by cutting it with your blade. [1d6] => [4] = (4), DR1
[Sun Mar 30 18:50:54 2008] : (1658) Sithis: now, damage
[Sun Mar 30 18:51:10 2008] : (1679) GM: you cut it pretty badly - it squeaks in horrible pain.
[Sun Mar 30 18:51:11 2008] : (1658) Sithis: good!!
[Sun Mar 30 18:51:25 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: that is bad! for her
[Sun Mar 30 18:51:40 2008] : (1679) GM: beltaine?
[Sun Mar 30 18:51:47 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ready axe
[Sun Mar 30 18:51:59 2008] : (1679) GM: going to stand? you can go from kneeling to standing as your step.
[Sun Mar 30 18:52:19 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): still need to pick up shield from ground, would that penalize me?
[Sun Mar 30 18:52:26 2008] : (1679) GM: yes, it would.
[Sun Mar 30 18:52:33 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): staying kneeling
[Sun Mar 30 18:52:35 2008] : (1679) GM: okay, you're still kneeling.
[Sun Mar 30 18:52:39 2008] : (1679) GM: arganyev?
[Sun Mar 30 18:52:48 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Have I my shield and sword?
[Sun Mar 30 18:53:02 2008] : (1679) GM: you have your sword, no shield yet. 2 turns to ready a medium shield.
[Sun Mar 30 18:53:10 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I move closest possible to the bat to my left, without shield!
[Sun Mar 30 18:53:18 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: sorry,
[Sun Mar 30 18:53:20 2008] : (1679) GM: well, you're kneeling. so you stand.
[Sun Mar 30 18:53:21 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: to the rat!
[Sun Mar 30 18:53:27 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK
[Sun Mar 30 18:53:34 2008] : (1679) GM: or do you mean to move while kneeling?
[Sun Mar 30 18:53:41 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: yes
[Sun Mar 30 18:53:53 2008] : (1679) GM: you shuffle forward. attack?
[Sun Mar 30 18:53:59 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: yes!
[Sun Mar 30 18:54:01 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [2,2,6] = (10)
[Sun Mar 30 18:54:06 2008] : (1679) GM: capped at a 9 for move and attack.
[Sun Mar 30 18:54:17 2008] : (1679) GM: lenia, you'll be up next.
[Sun Mar 30 18:54:21 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: ouch, take this rat!
[Sun Mar 30 18:54:31 2008] : (1679) GM: you miss. lenia?
[Sun Mar 30 18:54:45 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Step back and cast Concussion, spending 1 FP.
[Sun Mar 30 18:54:51 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Spellcasting Roll: Concussion [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [1,6,1] = 8 vs (17) or less Success! by 9
[Sun Mar 30 18:55:39 2008] : (1679) GM: okay, you have a ball of concussive doom.
[Sun Mar 30 18:55:56 2008] : (1679) GM: leann is stunned? [3d6] => [1,6,2] = (9)v8
[Sun Mar 30 18:56:06 2008] : (1679) GM: oops. still stunned?[3d6] => [6,6,5] = (17)v10
[Sun Mar 30 18:56:17 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Very.
[Sun Mar 30 18:56:23 2008] : (1679) GM: leann is struggling to get her breath, and beginning to throw up.
[Sun Mar 30 18:56:42 2008] : (1679) Kaitlen: stand, draw sword.
[Sun Mar 30 18:56:49 2008] : (1679) GM: sithis?
[Sun Mar 30 18:57:01 2008] : (1679) GM: it's your action.
[Sun Mar 30 18:57:21 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I attack the rat again
[Sun Mar 30 18:57:26 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [2,3,2] = (7)
[Sun Mar 30 18:57:44 2008] : (1679) GM: bloodthirsty! and successful! the rat dodges. [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [3,6,1] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
[Sun Mar 30 18:57:56 2008] : (1679) GM: well... not so much [1d6] => [5] = (5) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 18:58:29 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: that is 6 cutting damage?
[Sun Mar 30 18:58:32 2008] : (1679) GM: you carve a bloody gash along its body, and entrails begin leaking it. it stops moving except for random twitches.
[Sun Mar 30 18:58:35 2008] : (1679) GM: yeah, 6 cutting damage.
[Sun Mar 30 18:59:08 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I step forward to Leann
[Sun Mar 30 18:59:30 2008] : (1658) Sithis: better, to bat
[Sun Mar 30 18:59:44 2008] : (1658) Sithis: OK
[Sun Mar 30 18:59:51 2008] : (1679) GM: okay, bat19 swings past lenia and beltaine and attacks the horse, the cowardly opportunist! [3d6] => [2,6,3] = (11) v9
[Sun Mar 30 19:00:03 2008] : (1679) GM: beltaine - HT or sickened.
[Sun Mar 30 19:00:09 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [4,6,2] = (12)
[Sun Mar 30 19:00:13 2008] : (1679) GM: bat 18 flaps clumsily and recovers.
[Sun Mar 30 19:00:21 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): success by 1
[Sun Mar 30 19:00:26 2008] : (1679) GM: lots rats. oh, boy.
[Sun Mar 30 19:00:39 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: tell me that to ME
[Sun Mar 30 19:00:50 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Im surrounded!)
[Sun Mar 30 19:01:05 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((Arganyev, you're a stout, healthy sort of fellow, right?))
[Sun Mar 30 19:01:06 2008] : (1679) GM: rat 20 starts gnawing on Henrietta, who is still sleeping.
[Sun Mar 30 19:01:18 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: sure, Lenia...)
[Sun Mar 30 19:01:22 2008] : (1679) GM: rat 21 gets too close to Arganyev
[Sun Mar 30 19:01:42 2008] : (1679) GM: rat 22 slams Lenia [3d6] => [4,4,1] = (9) v15
[Sun Mar 30 19:01:43 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((Henrietta must be bloody deaf.))
[Sun Mar 30 19:01:49 2008] : (1679) GM: ooh... dodge?
[Sun Mar 30 19:02:27 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Dodge: [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [1,4,2] = 7 vs (9) or less Success! by 2
[Sun Mar 30 19:02:34 2008] : (1679) GM: while you're thinking, rat23 will move over to Leann and prepare to chow down.
[Sun Mar 30 19:02:58 2008] : (1679) GM: rat 24 will slam Arganyev [3d6] => [4,5,5] = (14)v15 - he's coming from the side, by the way.
[Sun Mar 30 19:03:16 2008] : (1679) GM: dodge or parry, both at -4.
[Sun Mar 30 19:03:22 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: dodge or parry?
[Sun Mar 30 19:03:30 2008] : (1679) GM: your choice.
[Sun Mar 30 19:03:38 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: parry vs 14
[Sun Mar 30 19:03:40 2008] : (1679) GM: rat25 is unconscious and expiring.
[Sun Mar 30 19:03:40 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,5,5] = (11)
[Sun Mar 30 19:03:42 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: by 3
[Sun Mar 30 19:03:55 2008] : (1679) GM: yes, but you're at -4 - kneeling and side attack.
[Sun Mar 30 19:04:14 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: ouch
[Sun Mar 30 19:04:26 2008] : (1679) GM: rat [1d6-1] => [4,-1] = (3) arganyev [1d6-1] => [2,-1] = (1)
[Sun Mar 30 19:04:35 2008] : (1679) GM: it knocks you over!
[Sun Mar 30 19:04:36 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 19:04:36 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: (whispering): and sickening?
[Sun Mar 30 19:04:51 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): aw rats
[Sun Mar 30 19:04:53 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: great
[Sun Mar 30 19:04:56 2008] : (1679) GM: rat 26 charges Lenia.
[Sun Mar 30 19:05:04 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((couldn't help myself))
[Sun Mar 30 19:05:15 2008] : whispering to Arganyev, no, bats are sickening, not rats
[Sun Mar 30 19:05:24 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Belarne I will remember your treason!)
[Sun Mar 30 19:05:26 2008] : whispering to Beltarne (Nate), ha! don't make me kill you.
[Sun Mar 30 19:05:48 2008] : (1679) GM: right, uhm. rat 27. steps and bits arganyev [3d6] => [3,2,3] = (8) v15
[Sun Mar 30 19:06:05 2008] : (1679) GM: hits. parry or dodge? you're at -3 for lying down.
[Sun Mar 30 19:06:15 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: can I parry again?
[Sun Mar 30 19:06:26 2008] : (1679) GM: yeah, at another -4 for the second parry
[Sun Mar 30 19:06:34 2008] : (1679) GM: probably worth it...
[Sun Mar 30 19:06:40 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK, Parry at -4 and -3
[Sun Mar 30 19:06:42 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [5,3,1] = (9)
[Sun Mar 30 19:06:45 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: failure
[Sun Mar 30 19:06:59 2008] : (1679) GM: so close, at yet so far. [1d-1] => 1d-1 vs DR6
[Sun Mar 30 19:07:07 2008] : (1679) GM: so close, at yet so far. [1d6-1] => [4,-1] = (3) vs DR6
[Sun Mar 30 19:07:21 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: you rat, bite steel!
[Sun Mar 30 19:07:21 2008] : (1679) GM: the rat breaks a tooth against your fortified double mail. funny, that.
[Sun Mar 30 19:07:34 2008] : (1679) GM: uhm... looks like we're back to Beltaine
[Sun Mar 30 19:07:54 2008] : (1679) GM: Nate?
[Sun Mar 30 19:08:03 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): shield is gonna take too long, if I move and attack, could i step to rat on horse, go to standing, and attack capped at 9?
[Sun Mar 30 19:08:14 2008] : (1679) GM: sure! don't hit the horse!
[Sun Mar 30 19:08:21 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [3,6,6] = (15)
[Sun Mar 30 19:08:26 2008] : (1679) GM: [3d6] => [2,1,6] = (9) v9
[Sun Mar 30 19:08:29 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): thats a miss by 6
[Sun Mar 30 19:08:35 2008] : (1679) GM: oops, hit the horse! [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Sun Mar 30 19:08:45 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): great
[Sun Mar 30 19:08:48 2008] : (1679) GM: the horse screams and collapses as you carve into it.
[Sun Mar 30 19:08:55 2008] : (1679) GM: Nymph's going to be mad at you.
[Sun Mar 30 19:09:01 2008] : (1679) GM: Arganyev?
[Sun Mar 30 19:09:16 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Gorm forgive me. Heal ya later, horsy!
[Sun Mar 30 19:09:19 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I can to attack from the floor?
[Sun Mar 30 19:09:29 2008] : (1679) Mark: Heh!
[Sun Mar 30 19:09:40 2008] : (1679) GM: yes, at -4. and another -1 for small rats.
[Sun Mar 30 19:10:49 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: while prone
[Sun Mar 30 19:10:50 2008] : (1679) Mark (exit): 19:10
[Sun Mar 30 19:10:56 2008] : (1686) GM: so?
[Sun Mar 30 19:11:01 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I try to stand up (kneeling) and to attack while kneeling
[Sun Mar 30 19:11:08 2008] : (1686) GM: one or the other.
[Sun Mar 30 19:11:08 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 19:11:08 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): Just a question of turn order that we sorted out.
[Sun Mar 30 19:11:17 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I attack while prone!
[Sun Mar 30 19:11:21 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [3,2,4] = (9)
[Sun Mar 30 19:11:30 2008] : (1686) GM: you hit! [2d6] => [6,4] = (10) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 19:11:32 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: 9 vs 18, unmodified by prone)
[Sun Mar 30 19:11:51 2008] : (1686) GM: which rat where you attacking? 24 or 27?
[Sun Mar 30 19:12:02 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: 16
[Sun Mar 30 19:12:08 2008] : (1686) GM: uhm?
[Sun Mar 30 19:12:12 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: rat #16
[Sun Mar 30 19:12:26 2008] : (1686) GM: that's you. 24 or 27? [1d2] => [1] = (1)
[Sun Mar 30 19:12:36 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK, 24
[Sun Mar 30 19:13:06 2008] : (1686) GM: you solidly connect with the rat, carving it into two separate pieces that fly away from you.
[Sun Mar 30 19:13:17 2008] : (1686) GM: Lenia?
[Sun Mar 30 19:13:21 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: great
[Sun Mar 30 19:13:42 2008] : (1686) GM: action, please, Lenia.
[Sun Mar 30 19:14:18 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): It's a gamble, but I'm going to toss the Concussion into the middle of the camp. The 1d6 explosion won't be close enough to hurt anyone, but anyone within 10 yards rolls at HT-3 or is stunned.
[Sun Mar 30 19:14:39 2008] : (1686) GM: mark a point on the map, please.
[Sun Mar 30 19:15:10 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): if you can exclude me, please do so, i got this bat next turn
[Sun Mar 30 19:15:18 2008] : (1686) GM: okay. innate attack is Wizard!
[Sun Mar 30 19:15:27 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Innate Attack: [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [1,4,1] = 6 vs (13) or less Success! by 7
[Sun Mar 30 19:15:27 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ah well
[Sun Mar 30 19:15:32 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I can't exclude anyone.
[Sun Mar 30 19:15:35 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [4,6,4] = (14)
[Sun Mar 30 19:15:40 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): fail by 4
[Sun Mar 30 19:15:49 2008] : (1683) No Name (exit): 19:15
[Sun Mar 30 19:15:53 2008] : (1686) GM: okay. beltaine is stunned by the big boom that blasts through the camp. others?
[Sun Mar 30 19:16:00 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [5,2,5] = (12)
[Sun Mar 30 19:16:04 2008] : (1686) GM: bats: [3d6] => [2,5,3] = (10)[3d6] => [5,5,6] = (16)v9
[Sun Mar 30 19:16:08 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Health:3d6.skill[12,-3)] => 12,-3)
[Sun Mar 30 19:16:27 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Im stunned
[Sun Mar 30 19:16:27 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Health:3d6.skill(12,-3)]
[Sun Mar 30 19:16:35 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Health:[3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [3,2,2] = 7 vs (9) or less Success! by 2
[Sun Mar 30 19:16:51 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [6,4,5] = (15)
[Sun Mar 30 19:17:12 2008] : (1686) Kaitlen: [3d6] => [3,6,1] = (10)v7
[Sun Mar 30 19:17:19 2008] : (1686) Kaitlen: "oh!"
[Sun Mar 30 19:17:37 2008] : (1686) Kaitlen: 6 rats: [3d6] => [3,6,5] = (14)[3d6] => [2,1,4] = (7)[3d6] => [4,3,5] = (12)[3d6] => [1,4,5] = (10)[3d6] => [3,4,1] = (8)[3d6] => [5,6,6] = (17) v10
[Sun Mar 30 19:17:44 2008] : (1658) Sithis: furthermore skip my turn, now stunned, I think
[Sun Mar 30 19:18:01 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: "wha was that was fromthe abyss! Im stunned, badly!"
[Sun Mar 30 19:18:17 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): well, you get to roll to recover when your turn comes up
[Sun Mar 30 19:19:13 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Come to think, Bat 18 may take damage.
[Sun Mar 30 19:19:17 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): [1d6] => [6] = (6)
[Sun Mar 30 19:19:23 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): 1 point!
[Sun Mar 30 19:19:24 2008] : (1686) GM: one of the rats begins thrashing as its epilepsy is triggered by the noise. several of the others shake their heads in confusion. both bats are moving drunkenly.
[Sun Mar 30 19:19:30 2008] : (1686) GM: he has DR1... sorry.
[Sun Mar 30 19:19:38 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I figured.
[Sun Mar 30 19:19:53 2008] : (1686) GM: uhm. so, everyone but Lenia is grasping their eyes and shaking. cool.
[Sun Mar 30 19:20:09 2008] : (1686) Kaitlen: recovery? [3d6] => [4,1,1] = (6)v10
[Sun Mar 30 19:20:14 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((hooray, flash bangs))
[Sun Mar 30 19:20:17 2008] : (1686) Kaitlen: "oh, my head!"
[Sun Mar 30 19:20:30 2008] : (1686) GM: sithis, roll base HT for recovery.
[Sun Mar 30 19:20:40 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [3,4,2] = (9)
[Sun Mar 30 19:20:45 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): nice
[Sun Mar 30 19:20:48 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [1,5,2] = (8)
[Sun Mar 30 19:20:49 2008] : (1658) Sithis: recovery
[Sun Mar 30 19:20:54 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): recovery
[Sun Mar 30 19:21:04 2008] : (1686) GM: beltarne will still be stunned on his turn, though.
[Sun Mar 30 19:21:10 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): right
[Sun Mar 30 19:21:14 2008] : (1686) GM: uhm... bats! [3d6] => [4,5,4] = (13)[3d6] => [5,2,1] = (8)v12
[Sun Mar 30 19:21:42 2008] : (1686) GM: bat18 lands clumsily and moves around, shaking its head. bat19 lands on the horse and prepares to bite it.
[Sun Mar 30 19:21:51 2008] : (1686) GM: rat 20 [3d6] => [3,3,3] = (9) v13
[Sun Mar 30 19:21:54 2008] : (1686) GM: recovers!
[Sun Mar 30 19:22:21 2008] : (1686) GM: rat 21 steps in and bites Arganyev's face [3d6] => [5,2,5] = (12) v10
[Sun Mar 30 19:22:23 2008] : (1686) GM: miss!
[Sun Mar 30 19:22:33 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: that s good
[Sun Mar 30 19:22:34 2008] : (1686) GM: rat 22 [3d6] => [5,2,1] = (8)v12
[Sun Mar 30 19:23:02 2008] : (1686) GM: rat23 bites Leann [3d6] => [6,4,2] = (12)v14 (to the face, all out strong, telegraphed)
[Sun Mar 30 19:23:07 2008] : (1686) GM: [1d6+1] => [6,1] = (7) DR2
[Sun Mar 30 19:23:32 2008] : (1686) Leann: "arrgh!" [3d6] => [4,5,3] = (12)v5
[Sun Mar 30 19:23:53 2008] : (1686) GM: leann slumps to the ground, unconscious
[Sun Mar 30 19:24:24 2008] : (1686) GM: kaetlin steps and evaluates rat20, who is eating Henrietta still. Henrietta is panicking.
[Sun Mar 30 19:24:31 2008] : (1686) GM: uhm. Sithis? your turn.
[Sun Mar 30 19:24:49 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Sithis recovered?
[Sun Mar 30 19:24:57 2008] : (1658) Sithis: y
[Sun Mar 30 19:25:09 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I Giant Step (Extra Effort) for reaching Lean's rat with 1 step, and Attack
[Sun Mar 30 19:25:13 2008] : (1686) GM: wait, sorry, it's Beltarne's turn, and he recovered. it's Arganyev
[Sun Mar 30 19:25:22 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): AoA(double, deceptive attacks(-2 to skill, -1 to defend)) to bat 19
[Sun Mar 30 19:25:31 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [2,1,5] = (8)
[Sun Mar 30 19:25:31 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [6,5,2] = (13)
[Sun Mar 30 19:25:34 2008] : (1686) GM: Hang on, hang on!
[Sun Mar 30 19:25:34 2008] : (1658) Sithis: again skip?? haha!
[Sun Mar 30 19:25:39 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): okay
[Sun Mar 30 19:25:56 2008] : (1686) GM: I got confused. rats went, Beltarne was stunned but recovered at the end, so it's Arganyev
[Sun Mar 30 19:26:01 2008] : (1686) GM: who is stunned.
[Sun Mar 30 19:26:05 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: it s Sithis turn, I think
[Sun Mar 30 19:26:11 2008] : (1686) GM: no, you recover first.
[Sun Mar 30 19:26:18 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): On Sithis' turn, Sithis recovered. The rats and bats and NPCs moved. Beltarne recovered. It's Arganyev's turn, rolling to recover from stun.
[Sun Mar 30 19:26:19 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [5,2,4] = (11)
[Sun Mar 30 19:26:51 2008] : (1686) GM: okay, you recovered. Leann unconscious, Kaitlen recovers. Sithis giant steps and attacks - go for it!
[Sun Mar 30 19:26:53 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I think it done, success by 2
[Sun Mar 30 19:26:58 2008] : (1658) Sithis: before recovery, well, doesn't matter, all die! haha
[Sun Mar 30 19:27:21 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): My action? =/
[Sun Mar 30 19:27:26 2008] : (1658) Sithis: my turn?
[Sun Mar 30 19:27:28 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I'll wait for Sithis' action.
[Sun Mar 30 19:27:28 2008] : (1686) GM: details, details.
[Sun Mar 30 19:27:40 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [4,2,1] = (7)
[Sun Mar 30 19:27:43 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [6,2,3] = (11)
[Sun Mar 30 19:27:52 2008] : (1686) GM: you hit!
[Sun Mar 30 19:28:04 2008] : (1686) GM: the rat dodges? [3d6] => [6,2,5] = (13)v9
[Sun Mar 30 19:28:13 2008] : (1686) GM: no! [1d6] => [5] = (5) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 19:28:25 2008] : (1686) GM: you send it flying away from Lenia.
[Sun Mar 30 19:28:29 2008] : (1686) GM: Okay, Lenia's held action?
[Sun Mar 30 19:28:51 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Step, and cast Frostbite to attempt to save Leann.
[Sun Mar 30 19:29:10 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Spellcasting Roll: Frostbite [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (17) or less Success! by 6
[Sun Mar 30 19:29:20 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Resist with HT or take 3d6.
[Sun Mar 30 19:29:27 2008] : (1686) GM: casting time is 3 seconds (Magic 189)
[Sun Mar 30 19:29:36 2008] : (1686) GM: you'll need to concentrate for another round.
[Sun Mar 30 19:29:42 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): So it is!
[Sun Mar 30 19:29:44 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Wow.
[Sun Mar 30 19:29:51 2008] : (1686) GM: yeah, terrible spell.
[Sun Mar 30 19:29:53 2008] : (1686) GM: anyway...
[Sun Mar 30 19:30:07 2008] : (1686) GM: surprisingly, we're back to the bats and rats.
[Sun Mar 30 19:30:58 2008] : (1691) GM: bat 18 recovers[3d6] => [4,2,2] = (8)v12
[Sun Mar 30 19:31:12 2008] : (1691) GM: bat19 attacks the horse [1d6+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Sun Mar 30 19:31:27 2008] : (1691) GM: the horse is whinnying in pain and stuff.
[Sun Mar 30 19:31:48 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): rats n bats
[Sun Mar 30 19:31:49 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: THE savior!
[Sun Mar 30 19:31:49 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): We're being attacked!
[Sun Mar 30 19:32:14 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: an army of RATS!
[Sun Mar 30 19:32:23 2008] : (1693) GM: Hey is Jake back? Cool.
[Sun Mar 30 19:32:46 2008] : (1693) GM: uhm. Rat20 eats Henrietta.
[Sun Mar 30 19:32:49 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I think it is willful thinking
[Sun Mar 30 19:32:59 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Okay.
[Sun Mar 30 19:33:20 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I cant see the poor Henrietta, is she the Chinese token?
[Sun Mar 30 19:33:32 2008] : (1693) GM: rat 21 bites Arganyev's face [3d6] => [6,6,2] = (14)v14 (telegraphed)
[Sun Mar 30 19:33:48 2008] : (1693) GM: arganyev, you're face is being gnawed on, you're at a net -1 to defend.
[Sun Mar 30 19:33:53 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I parry with Extra Effort, feverish defense +2
[Sun Mar 30 19:33:56 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,3,5] = (12)
[Sun Mar 30 19:33:59 2008] : (1693) GM: and you can't use your sword because you're in close combat.
[Sun Mar 30 19:34:06 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: hm...
[Sun Mar 30 19:34:11 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: dodge?
[Sun Mar 30 19:34:25 2008] : (1693) GM: no, that was sufficient to parry with your off hand. you punch it away.
[Sun Mar 30 19:34:41 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: hm OK
[Sun Mar 30 19:34:51 2008] : (1693) GM: rat22 committed attacks Lenia [3d6] => [2,5,6] = (13)v15
[Sun Mar 30 19:34:51 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (("Why Fighters have Brawling", lesson one.))
[Sun Mar 30 19:35:15 2008] : (1693) GM: hey, Jake - take an action! Loegaire is away and has all his gear ready.
[Sun Mar 30 19:35:36 2008] : (1693) GM: lenia, you're being bit.
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:00 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Winged Dagger ---> Rat 20
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:12 2008] : (1695) GM: 1 second to cast, 1 to throw - cast first.
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:13 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Retreating Parry (Staff): [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [6,3,4] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0 ; Will-3 to retain concentration: [3d6.skill(16,-3)] => [3,5,6] = 14 vs (13) or less Failure! by 1
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:21 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: my brawling unmodified parry was 12)
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:31 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6] => [4,4,4] = (12)
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:33 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Luck on the Will roll; it's been more than an hour.
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:35 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: vs skill 15
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:44 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Success on cast
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:48 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): [3d6.skill(16,-3)] => [3,1,1] = 5 vs (13) or less Success! by 8
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:50 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): [3d6.skill(16,-3)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
[Sun Mar 30 19:36:52 2008] : (1695) GM: great.
[Sun Mar 30 19:37:24 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 19:37:24 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): Not sure what (if anything) you missed there.
[Sun Mar 30 19:37:25 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 19:37:25 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: (whispering): hm excuse me but wasn't Sithis just before Lenia? I don't want to annoy
[Sun Mar 30 19:37:48 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Actually, skill 14 (I guess) as I'm maintaining the Carpet
[Sun Mar 30 19:37:49 2008] : (1695) GM: hm. that was actually rate 26, as 22 is fleeing after being cut up by Sithis.
[Sun Mar 30 19:38:09 2008] : (1695) GM: that's the rats and bats show.
[Sun Mar 30 19:38:21 2008] : (1695) GM: Beltarne? going to finish off the horse?
[Sun Mar 30 19:38:24 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): me?
[Sun Mar 30 19:38:28 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): AoA(double, deceptive attacks(-2 to skill, -1 to defend)) to bat 19
[Sun Mar 30 19:38:37 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [1,5,3] = (9)
[Sun Mar 30 19:38:38 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [1,1,4] = (6)
[Sun Mar 30 19:38:49 2008] : (1695) GM: bat dodges [3d6] => [2,6,4] = (12)[3d6] => [5,4,3] = (12) v8
[Sun Mar 30 19:38:59 2008] : (1695) GM: or not. [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)[1d6+5] => [5,5] = (10) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 19:39:45 2008] : (1695) GM: You cut off one of the bat's wings, then the other. it drops to the ground and bleeds messily. it is not getting back up ever again.
[Sun Mar 30 19:39:50 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: hack hack & slash for killing damage
[Sun Mar 30 19:40:05 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): no flying rodent can defeat me!
[Sun Mar 30 19:40:19 2008] : (1695) GM: you hero. how's Arganyev doing?
[Sun Mar 30 19:40:32 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I attack prone again
[Sun Mar 30 19:40:32 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): still have a step left?
[Sun Mar 30 19:40:37 2008] : (1695) GM: yes.
[Sun Mar 30 19:40:52 2008] : (1695) GM: you can't use your sword while in close combat.
[Sun Mar 30 19:41:11 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: oh... I grab the rat and choke it,
[Sun Mar 30 19:41:19 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: can I try to change posture to kneeling?
[Sun Mar 30 19:41:20 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: ?
[Sun Mar 30 19:41:28 2008] : (1695) GM: No, attack or change position.
[Sun Mar 30 19:41:31 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Why not just toss the thing?
[Sun Mar 30 19:41:32 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: yes, a rat is challenging me in close combat!
[Sun Mar 30 19:41:42 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Or step on it
[Sun Mar 30 19:41:46 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I toss the rat !
[Sun Mar 30 19:41:54 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: good idea Loegaire!
[Sun Mar 30 19:42:02 2008] : whispering to Loegaire, rats and bats attacked. several charged Arganyev and knocked him over. he is now screwed.
[Sun Mar 30 19:42:07 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: foul thing, go away (flying!)
[Sun Mar 30 19:42:09 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): i think they're BIG rats
[Sun Mar 30 19:42:11 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: (to the rat)
[Sun Mar 30 19:42:12 2008] : (1695) GM: go for the grab, first.
[Sun Mar 30 19:42:19 2008] : (1695) GM: yeah, they're giant rats.
[Sun Mar 30 19:42:19 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [5,1,5] = (11)
[Sun Mar 30 19:42:40 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((Think of it more like 'A biting, squealing, twisting thing about the size of a five-year-old is on your chest and trying to eat your eyes.' - it puts things in perspective.))
[Sun Mar 30 19:42:41 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Wrestling 14
[Sun Mar 30 19:42:44 2008] : (1695) GM: you miss - they're dodge, small, and you're on the ground.
[Sun Mar 30 19:43:00 2008] : (1695) GM: Lenia? Your turn.
[Sun Mar 30 19:43:00 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: No one told me we were dealing with rodents of unusual size!
[Sun Mar 30 19:43:11 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: isnt Sithis, now?
[Sun Mar 30 19:43:19 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): No.
[Sun Mar 30 19:43:24 2008] : (1695) GM: Yes, Loegaire should watch out - they're way bigger than he is.
[Sun Mar 30 19:43:35 2008] : (1658) Sithis: no, Sithis go bathroom, now :)
[Sun Mar 30 19:43:45 2008] : (1695) GM: you have some time, Valinaar.
[Sun Mar 30 19:43:47 2008] : (1695) GM: Lenia?
[Sun Mar 30 19:43:54 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Continue concentrating (2 of 3) and step.
[Sun Mar 30 19:43:58 2008] : (1695) GM: okay.
[Sun Mar 30 19:44:07 2008] : (1658) Sithis: ah, ok, good!!
[Sun Mar 30 19:44:25 2008] : (1695) Leann: snores
[Sun Mar 30 19:44:55 2008] : (1695) Kaitlen: "die, foul beast!" step and attacks Rat20 [3d6] => [1,5,6] = (12)v13
[Sun Mar 30 19:45:05 2008] : (1695) GM: rat 20 dodges [3d6] => [4,4,5] = (13)v9
[Sun Mar 30 19:45:12 2008] : (1695) GM: or not [1d6+1] => [3,1] = (4) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 19:45:35 2008] : (1695) GM: kaitlen impales the rat effortlessly. well, with some effort. point is...
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:04 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: ok, one less
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:06 2008] : (1695) GM: Loegaire? your action.
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:13 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Point is hopefully impaled in the rat.
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:18 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: AoA (Determined +1) Innate Attack. Winged Dagger to Vitals. Skill 20
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:32 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Not sure of range/vision penalty
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:32 2008] : (1695) GM: at whom? please not Arganyev =)
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:39 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Rat20
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:41 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: good advice
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:43 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: whups
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:53 2008] : (1695) GM: uhm... it's toast. fleeing. out of action.
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:54 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: BatA 18
[Sun Mar 30 19:46:56 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: you dont fail, it is better!
[Sun Mar 30 19:47:12 2008] : (1695) GM: range penalty is -4
[Sun Mar 30 19:47:20 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Rolling...
[Sun Mar 30 19:47:22 2008] : (1695) GM: you'll need a 14 to hit.
[Sun Mar 30 19:47:22 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6] => [1,1,4] = (6)
[Sun Mar 30 19:47:33 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): 6 will do nicely.
[Sun Mar 30 19:47:34 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Hoody-hoo!
[Sun Mar 30 19:47:51 2008] : (1695) GM: you tag it from the shadows! Im [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7) DR1 vitals
[Sun Mar 30 19:48:13 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((does it expllode?))
[Sun Mar 30 19:48:20 2008] : (1658) Sithis: back)
[Sun Mar 30 19:48:22 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: in bloood
[Sun Mar 30 19:48:49 2008] : (1695) GM: With a touch and a murmur, you propel the dagger into the bat's heart. blood sprays dramatically accross the fire as the demonic, giant bat crashes to the ground.
[Sun Mar 30 19:49:02 2008] : (1695) GM: it is very dead. or dying, at least.
[Sun Mar 30 19:49:09 2008] : (1695) GM: Sithis, your turn.
[Sun Mar 30 19:49:14 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: ... did he just say "demonic"?
[Sun Mar 30 19:49:26 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((details))
[Sun Mar 30 19:49:33 2008] : (1658) Sithis: ok. a moment, I thinking
[Sun Mar 30 19:49:43 2008] : (1695) GM: it stinks like hell and which of you has Naturalist anyway?
[Sun Mar 30 19:49:49 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((Artistic license, I'm sure.))
[Sun Mar 30 19:49:54 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I attack the rat infront ofme
[Sun Mar 30 19:50:00 2008] : (1695) GM: genius!
[Sun Mar 30 19:50:01 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: misinformation, perhaps
[Sun Mar 30 19:50:04 2008] : (1695) GM: roll and stuff.
[Sun Mar 30 19:50:08 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((Nature is the enemy))
[Sun Mar 30 19:50:11 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [4,2,6] = (12)
[Sun Mar 30 19:50:17 2008] : (1695) GM: dodge [3d6] => [5,3,2] = (10) v9
[Sun Mar 30 19:50:21 2008] : (1695) GM: [1d6] => [5] = (5) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 19:50:53 2008] : (1695) GM: squeeking disgustingly, it flees into the night, but you see it collapse before it makes it too far away.
[Sun Mar 30 19:51:07 2008] : (1658) Sithis: can move?
[Sun Mar 30 19:51:13 2008] : (1695) GM: yes, 1 step.
[Sun Mar 30 19:51:30 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I step to wards Leann
[Sun Mar 30 19:52:07 2008] : (1695) GM: the bats are dead. rat 21 will continue eating Arganyev's face [3d6] => [6,4,4] = (14)v14
[Sun Mar 30 19:52:18 2008] : (1695) GM: hits! telegraphed! defend with your fists at -1/
[Sun Mar 30 19:52:22 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: "nooo!"
[Sun Mar 30 19:52:24 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((Face, the other white meat))
[Sun Mar 30 19:52:26 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,6,1] = (8)
[Sun Mar 30 19:52:33 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: done
[Sun Mar 30 19:52:55 2008] : (1695) GM: rat23 squeels in defense of its meal, and moves to attack Lenia [3d6] => [4,3,1] = (8) v14
[Sun Mar 30 19:52:58 2008] : (1695) GM: it hits!
[Sun Mar 30 19:53:17 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: oh oh
[Sun Mar 30 19:53:29 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: close biting
[Sun Mar 30 19:53:31 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Retreating Staff Parry: [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [3,5,4] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
[Sun Mar 30 19:53:48 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: great move
[Sun Mar 30 19:53:51 2008] : (1695) GM: you can't retreat - Sithis is in the way. You have to retreat directly back.
[Sun Mar 30 19:53:57 2008] : (1695) GM: ah, whatever.
[Sun Mar 30 19:54:01 2008] : (1695) GM: you made it safely.
[Sun Mar 30 19:54:21 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Will-3 to hold concentration: [3d6.skill(16,-3)] => [4,5,4] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
[Sun Mar 30 19:54:29 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((whew))
[Sun Mar 30 19:54:36 2008] : (1695) GM: rat27 will also attack Arganyev's face [3d6] => [6,1,1] = (8)v14
[Sun Mar 30 19:54:48 2008] : (1695) GM: you're at -5 to parry this time, or -1 to dodge.
[Sun Mar 30 19:54:50 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: parry again
[Sun Mar 30 19:54:52 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [3,6,4] = (13)
[Sun Mar 30 19:54:57 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: hm...
[Sun Mar 30 19:55:08 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I think that fails either one.
[Sun Mar 30 19:55:13 2008] : (1695) GM: yeah, you don't parry that. [1d6-1] => [4,-1] = (3) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 19:55:17 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I fail
[Sun Mar 30 19:55:27 2008] : (1695) GM: it bites your cheek. take 3 points of damage. roll HT or be stunned.
[Sun Mar 30 19:55:29 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I dont have DR in the face
[Sun Mar 30 19:55:34 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,5,2] = (8)
[Sun Mar 30 19:55:39 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: not stunned
[Sun Mar 30 19:55:43 2008] : (1695) GM: Yes, you have a Fortifiy spell that gives you DR1 all over.
[Sun Mar 30 19:55:53 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: ah, yes, ok
[Sun Mar 30 19:56:04 2008] : (1695) GM: we're done with the rats for the round. Beltarne?
[Sun Mar 30 19:56:07 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Moving towards all the face biting action
[Sun Mar 30 19:56:14 2008] : (1695) GM: it's thrilling stuff.
[Sun Mar 30 19:56:18 2008] : (1695) GM: arganyev?
[Sun Mar 30 19:56:30 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I attack one of the rats with the sword
[Sun Mar 30 19:56:42 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: or all are in close combat?
[Sun Mar 30 19:56:45 2008] : (1695) GM: you can't. sword is 1 meter long, rats are 15 cm away.
[Sun Mar 30 19:56:57 2008] : (1695) GM: yes, they're all in close. they're giant rats, that's what they do.
[Sun Mar 30 19:56:58 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I estrangle a rat with my hands
[Sun Mar 30 19:57:02 2008] : (1695) GM: grab it!
[Sun Mar 30 19:57:06 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [5,6,5] = (16)
[Sun Mar 30 19:57:09 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: failed
[Sun Mar 30 19:57:10 2008] : (1695) GM: well.
[Sun Mar 30 19:57:15 2008] : (1695) GM: Lenia?
[Sun Mar 30 19:57:25 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Can I retain the spellcast roll from earlier, or should I reroll?
[Sun Mar 30 19:57:35 2008] : (1695) GM: no, that's fine. uhm.
[Sun Mar 30 19:57:46 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Resist with HT or take 3d6.
[Sun Mar 30 19:57:51 2008] : (1695) GM: thanks! [3d6] => [4,2,4] = (10) v13
[Sun Mar 30 19:57:57 2008] : (1695) GM: it makes it by 3 - how about you?
[Sun Mar 30 19:58:04 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Mine was by 6.
[Sun Mar 30 19:58:11 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((Squish!))
[Sun Mar 30 19:58:12 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): [3d6] => [5,6,6] = (17)
[Sun Mar 30 19:58:16 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ow
[Sun Mar 30 19:58:23 2008] : (1695) GM: ah. the rat turns into an icecube.
[Sun Mar 30 19:58:26 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I assume it' s burning with no incendiary. The RAW doesn't give it a type.
[Sun Mar 30 19:58:30 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((lol))
[Sun Mar 30 19:58:43 2008] : (1695) GM: no, frostbite would almost certainly be toxic.
[Sun Mar 30 19:58:57 2008] : (1695) GM: anyway, you tap the rat with your staff and it shatters.
[Sun Mar 30 19:59:12 2008] : (1695) GM: it may not be dead, but it is in many small pieces. you hope its dead.
[Sun Mar 30 19:59:17 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((Shades of Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man, there.))
[Sun Mar 30 19:59:58 2008] : ** (1656) Arganyev found the F1 macro key **
[Sun Mar 30 20:00:01 2008] : (1695) Kaitlen: step and evaluate Rat21 in the rat-face-biting show. "I'm coming to help!"
[Sun Mar 30 20:00:14 2008] : (1695) GM: Sithis, your turn.
[Sun Mar 30 20:00:29 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: "Help Kaetlin! I cant "FACE" this danger alone!"
[Sun Mar 30 20:00:39 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: *groan
[Sun Mar 30 20:00:40 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((buh dum, sis))
[Sun Mar 30 20:00:48 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I move for help Agrganiev
[Sun Mar 30 20:01:04 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: 7 hexes
[Sun Mar 30 20:01:06 2008] : (1658) Sithis: 7?
[Sun Mar 30 20:01:14 2008] : (1658) Sithis: ok
[Sun Mar 30 20:01:21 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Now THAT'S "bitin'" comedy
[Sun Mar 30 20:01:22 2008] : (1695) GM: ((mmm, grapes))
[Sun Mar 30 20:01:30 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: lol)
[Sun Mar 30 20:01:41 2008] : (1695) GM: rat attack! [3d6] => [5,5,3] = (13)[3d6] => [6,5,2] = (13) v14 as they bite Arganyev's face
[Sun Mar 30 20:01:47 2008] : (1695) GM: two hits!
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:03 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: yioy are enyoing this!
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:06 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: parry
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:08 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,1,3] = (5)
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:11 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((we all are))
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:12 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: and
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:13 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,6,3] = (13)
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:17 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: nooo
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:25 2008] : (1695) GM: [1d6-1] => [5,-1] = (4) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:33 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: damage me, again
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:35 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Of course he's enjoying this, he's a DF GM.
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:49 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: ah I understand now
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:49 2008] : (1695) GM: You take 4 more points of damage. roll HT or stun.
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:53 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,4,1] = (9)
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:59 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: success
[Sun Mar 30 20:02:59 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: He's just tryin' t' tell an excitin' "tail"
[Sun Mar 30 20:03:12 2008] : (1695) Mark: yeah, and this is just a piddling random encounter. wait until you hit the actual ambushes and stuff.
[Sun Mar 30 20:03:18 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: ok... 7 points of wounds in the face)
[Sun Mar 30 20:03:28 2008] : (1695) Mark: your good looks are gone for a while.
[Sun Mar 30 20:03:33 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Ain't d'at d'e "toot'"
[Sun Mar 30 20:03:35 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((Hopefully won't be asleep at the beginning of the ambushes))
[Sun Mar 30 20:03:46 2008] : (1695) GM: beltarne?
[Sun Mar 30 20:03:53 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: that is a pont
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:03 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Move and attack, kicking, not with an axe
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:06 2008] : (1695) GM: back up! Loegaire goes first!
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:17 2008] : (1695) GM: sorry, Jake.
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:17 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): As I was
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:21 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Casting Winged Dagger
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:23 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6] => [1,4,3] = (8)
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:26 2008] : (1695) GM: okay.
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:30 2008] : (1695) GM: beltarne?
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:31 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: SUCCESS
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:37 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [5,4,1] = (10)
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:42 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): fail by one
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:49 2008] : (1695) GM: [3d6] => [4,3,2] = (9)v8
[Sun Mar 30 20:04:56 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: there are rats for all you, folks
[Sun Mar 30 20:05:00 2008] : (1695) GM: you don't kick Arganyev. [3d6] => [3,4,5] = (12) v8
[Sun Mar 30 20:05:05 2008] : (1695) GM: nor the other rat. you just miss.
[Sun Mar 30 20:05:08 2008] : (1695) GM: Arganyev?
[Sun Mar 30 20:05:23 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I punch the rat
[Sun Mar 30 20:05:32 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Better than the horse, friend!
[Sun Mar 30 20:05:32 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [6,5,1] = (12)
[Sun Mar 30 20:05:50 2008] : (1695) GM: you miss. you begin to reconsider your career as a ground wrestler.
[Sun Mar 30 20:06:01 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: sure
[Sun Mar 30 20:06:05 2008] : (1695) GM: Lenia?
[Sun Mar 30 20:06:21 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Step forward and pull bandages from my pouch.
[Sun Mar 30 20:06:43 2008] : (1695) GM: good on you! plus, you do have a sense of duty to nature, and these things are nominally natural, you think.
[Sun Mar 30 20:07:03 2008] : (1695) Kaitlen: stabs rat21 [3d6] => [6,3,4] = (13)v13
[Sun Mar 30 20:07:08 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((I think he meant for Leann)
[Sun Mar 30 20:07:26 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: my face requires a frght check to behold, right now
[Sun Mar 30 20:07:32 2008] : (1695) GM: rat dodges [3d6] => [1,4,1] = (6) v9 ((no, Leann is unconscious on the left side of the map, Kaitlen is stabbing rats)
[Sun Mar 30 20:07:38 2008] : (1695) GM: [3d6] => [6,4,5] = (15) v9
[Sun Mar 30 20:07:40 2008] : (1695) GM: [3d6] => [2,3,1] = (6) v9
[Sun Mar 30 20:07:51 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I also have a sense of duty to my companions, who they're trying to eat. I'll work on making sure Leann's not dying while I let nature sort itself out on the other side of the camp.
[Sun Mar 30 20:07:55 2008] : (1695) GM: she misses rat 21 and gets rat27 instead... [3d6] => [1,5,4] = (10) v9
[Sun Mar 30 20:08:01 2008] : (1695) GM: [1d6+1] => [5,1] = (6) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 20:08:27 2008] : (1695) GM: okay, Kaitlen dispatches Rat27 by spearing it through.
[Sun Mar 30 20:08:37 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Nature, red in tooth and claw!!!
[Sun Mar 30 20:08:44 2008] : (1695) GM: Sithis, back around to you.
[Sun Mar 30 20:08:51 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Default Skill Roll [3d6.defaultskill(16,-6,0)] => [3,2,3] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2
[Sun Mar 30 20:09:01 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Default Naturalist succeeds.
[Sun Mar 30 20:09:05 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Much to my surprise. >.>
[Sun Mar 30 20:09:16 2008] : (1658) Sithis: move 1 step and i attack
[Sun Mar 30 20:09:23 2008] : (1695) GM: hey, these are giant rats. and a pair of foul bats
[Sun Mar 30 20:09:25 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [2,1,2] = (5)
[Sun Mar 30 20:09:31 2008] : (1658) Sithis: succes!
[Sun Mar 30 20:09:32 2008] : (1695) GM: rat dodges? [3d6] => [5,2,6] = (13) v9
[Sun Mar 30 20:09:42 2008] : (1695) GM: you hit! [1d6] => [4] = (4) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 20:09:52 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((Because Kevin assumes that *natural* rats and bats wouldn't want to attack a camp, but Lenia might have trouble figuring that out.))
[Sun Mar 30 20:09:52 2008] : (1658) Sithis: perdon, success
[Sun Mar 30 20:10:27 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: = "pardon, success"
[Sun Mar 30 20:10:36 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6.skill(20,20)] => 3d6.skill(20,20)
[Sun Mar 30 20:10:41 2008] : (1658) Sithis: pardon is francais
[Sun Mar 30 20:10:41 2008] : (1695) GM: it turns and runs. without much effort, you or Leogaire can hunt it down and kill it - you're fast than it is.
[Sun Mar 30 20:10:45 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: hey, anyone recognicesm e?
[Sun Mar 30 20:10:46 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Who is more injured, henrietta or leann?
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:04 2008] : (1695) GM: Henrietta. and the horse. Leann's in bad shape, too.
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:06 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Let it go.
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:23 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [5,2,6] = (13)
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:28 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: I'm goin' t' recover/repair my dagger from what's left of d'e bat
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:31 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Major healing on henrietta
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:36 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d8] => [4,5,8] = (17)
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:38 2008] : (1695) GM: she's much better.
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:39 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I supose, I kill the rat
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:39 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): sorry
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:43 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): 3 FP, 8 HP
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:56 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): again on leann
[Sun Mar 30 20:11:57 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [3,1,5] = (9)
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:04 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): again on the horse
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:06 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [3,6,1] = (10)
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:18 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ...Was it just me or was that a critfail on Major Healing the first time?
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:18 2008] : (1695) GM: okay.
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:18 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): again on arganyev
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:25 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Im at half of my HP
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:27 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [3,5,4] = (12)
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:30 2008] : (1695) GM: no, it was a normal failure - his skill is 15+
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:32 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: 7 damage points in my face
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:33 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): that was a 3d8
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:41 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Aha!
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:44 2008] : (1695) GM: that too.
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:45 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Never mind me.
[Sun Mar 30 20:12:51 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): hit the wrong button
[Sun Mar 30 20:13:10 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): so, everyone has 8 more HP who got nicked. Who still needs topping off?
[Sun Mar 30 20:13:24 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: am I healed?
[Sun Mar 30 20:13:25 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): The horse, I think.
[Sun Mar 30 20:13:32 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): You were healed for 8 HP.
[Sun Mar 30 20:13:34 2008] : (1695) Narrator: the delvers, attacked by giant and dire animals, manage to triumph with minimal difficulties. a few hours later, they even have recovered most of their wounds.
[Sun Mar 30 20:13:42 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: ok, thanks Beltarne
[Sun Mar 30 20:13:51 2008] : (1695) GM: don't forget the horse is SM+2, and costs double to heal.
[Sun Mar 30 20:13:54 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): I minor heal away all other booboos
[Sun Mar 30 20:14:03 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): poopy
[Sun Mar 30 20:14:04 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: it was a nightmare, I thought my face was lost forever
[Sun Mar 30 20:14:14 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): no more hitting horses with axes for me
[Sun Mar 30 20:14:21 2008] : (1695) GM: yes, but it will take a few hours. cast, go nearly unconscious, rest, cast again.
[Sun Mar 30 20:14:22 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): then it gets healed last
[Sun Mar 30 20:14:25 2008] : (1695) GM: yeah, that's a good plan.
[Sun Mar 30 20:14:41 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Yay! The g'an' folk, covered in weapons, managed t' fight off a few particularly pissed off rodents.
[Sun Mar 30 20:14:49 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): I guiltily groom it before bedding back down
[Sun Mar 30 20:14:53 2008] : (1695) Ricka: "I hate you, you runty would be murderer!"
[Sun Mar 30 20:15:03 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: ?
[Sun Mar 30 20:15:06 2008] : (1695) GM: Ricka won't let you without Lenia asking her to.
[Sun Mar 30 20:15:10 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: "Runty?"
[Sun Mar 30 20:15:17 2008] : (1695) GM: Ricka is the groom.
[Sun Mar 30 20:15:21 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: She talkin' t' me?
[Sun Mar 30 20:15:30 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): I dinnae know what ye're talkin bout. Show me where the beastie is hurt?
[Sun Mar 30 20:15:36 2008] : (1695) GM: No, Beltarne.
[Sun Mar 30 20:15:38 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): I don't see any holes
[Sun Mar 30 20:15:46 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Oh. Right.
[Sun Mar 30 20:16:05 2008] : (1695) Ricka: "Here, where you put your axe in it! Before you used your dark satanic pleas to make it look better!"
[Sun Mar 30 20:16:20 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): And I promise to buy the poor thing some carrots an apples, soon as we get back tae town
[Sun Mar 30 20:16:23 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: He axed d'e 'ORSE?!?
[Sun Mar 30 20:16:25 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "He was trying to defend the poor creature, and he's healed it. All the same, Beltarne, let Ricka do her job. I'm not sure the horse likes you."
[Sun Mar 30 20:16:41 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: yes, Loegaire
[Sun Mar 30 20:16:46 2008] : (1695) Ricka: "She doesn't! She doesn't like runty axe murders at all!"
[Sun Mar 30 20:16:49 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Why?
[Sun Mar 30 20:16:52 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I suspect we are the next . . .
[Sun Mar 30 20:17:00 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: good question!
[Sun Mar 30 20:17:00 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): I see no holes. You must have imagined me trying to remove its leg
[Sun Mar 30 20:17:04 2008] : (1695) GM: He moved and attacked the bat that was sitting on the horse. and missed.
[Sun Mar 30 20:17:18 2008] : (1695) Ricka: "Harummph!"
[Sun Mar 30 20:17:36 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): *waves hands wildly* this is nae the short an handsome axe wielder ye are lookin foer
[Sun Mar 30 20:17:39 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Ah yes. The battle axe. A refined, precise sort of weapon...
[Sun Mar 30 20:18:01 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((You missed my tossing the magical equivalent of a flash-bang into the middle of the camp.))
[Sun Mar 30 20:18:03 2008] : (1658) Sithis: haha)
[Sun Mar 30 20:18:12 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Rickra, perhaps it was an hallucination triggered by the fear . . . Myself thought I has my face ripped out, and here I am!
[Sun Mar 30 20:18:21 2008] : whispering to Loegaire, by the way, you have 5 character points to spend on rerolls and automatic successes. not that you need it, but...
[Sun Mar 30 20:18:34 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: the horse is well, so lets go to get some sleep now, Rickra
[Sun Mar 30 20:18:44 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Do we really NEED a groom?
[Sun Mar 30 20:18:49 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "Yes."
[Sun Mar 30 20:18:50 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Yes
[Sun Mar 30 20:18:56 2008] : (1695) GM: She lets Lenia persuade her to calm down.
[Sun Mar 30 20:19:13 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Okay, okay. Just askin'. *goes back t' sharpenin' d'e dagger
[Sun Mar 30 20:19:24 2008] : (1695) GM: okay. anyone doing anything else this evening/early morning?
[Sun Mar 30 20:19:24 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: it has wings? Can I see it?
[Sun Mar 30 20:19:28 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: the dagger)
[Sun Mar 30 20:19:42 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: sleeping, with the shield under the pillow
[Sun Mar 30 20:19:54 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: __> Arganyev Let me think... No.
[Sun Mar 30 20:20:03 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: ok Loegaire
[Sun Mar 30 20:20:07 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Cleaning and sharpening my weapon, sleeping, and checking on my patients to make sure there's no complications
[Sun Mar 30 20:20:26 2008] : (1658) Sithis: i'm watching
[Sun Mar 30 20:20:27 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Finding a nice, safe, high place to land and sleep
[Sun Mar 30 20:20:56 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Clean up the campsite, moving the foul-smelling corpses away; finish the watch; sleep.
[Sun Mar 30 20:21:05 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Who was on watch during the rat & bat attack?
[Sun Mar 30 20:21:17 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Lenia and Sithis, I think
[Sun Mar 30 20:21:22 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Leann and Lenia.
[Sun Mar 30 20:21:28 2008] : (1658) Sithis: me no
[Sun Mar 30 20:21:29 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: ah
[Sun Mar 30 20:21:41 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: "not you"
[Sun Mar 30 20:22:08 2008] : (1658) Sithis: well, not me , but is important?
[Sun Mar 30 20:22:22 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: It could be
[Sun Mar 30 20:22:26 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: it was Loegaire question, I dont know
[Sun Mar 30 20:22:41 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 20:22:41 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): Duly noted.
[Sun Mar 30 20:22:48 2008] : (1695) Narrator: Flushed with success, the delvers slept the sleep of the victorious. And overslept a bit, really. Who could blame them?
[Sun Mar 30 20:22:51 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: perhaps a powerful Foulmancer summoned these nasties against us!
[Sun Mar 30 20:22:57 2008] : (1658) Sithis: why is important?
[Sun Mar 30 20:23:16 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: zzzZZZzzz
[Sun Mar 30 20:23:40 2008] : (1695) Narrator: Rising late the next day, they continued their trudge toward the Hobart mountains, knowing they would soon be recovering the riches of the Caverns of Madness.
[Sun Mar 30 20:23:45 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I was watching, remenber?
[Sun Mar 30 20:24:13 2008] : (1695) Narrator: Another day passed in travel after that. As they made camp that night, one thing was obvious:
[Sun Mar 30 20:24:19 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: sure, gold and glory await us
[Sun Mar 30 20:24:26 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 20:24:26 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): I'll quietly note to Rickra that she should feed the horse out of my rations for the next few days; I'm fairly certain Essential Food is as good for them as it is us. She can help herself, too.
[Sun Mar 30 20:24:43 2008] : (1695) Narrator: they were not near the Hobar mountains yet. They were still in the central plains of Westmarch, with easily two days more walking to go.
[Sun Mar 30 20:25:02 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: ... flying.
[Sun Mar 30 20:25:08 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Good thing someone packed extra vittles!
[Sun Mar 30 20:25:08 2008] : whispering to Beltarne (Nate), apparently you don't walk as fast as you anticipated.
[Sun Mar 30 20:25:22 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Really, I need to get a nice proper sized chair for this thing
[Sun Mar 30 20:25:36 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: *yawn
[Sun Mar 30 20:25:36 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Per'aps an Ottoman?
[Sun Mar 30 20:25:37 2008] : whispering to Loegaire, yes, I know you fly and could make it to the Caverns in about 3 hours. Do you want to go ahead and see what eats you?
[Sun Mar 30 20:25:39 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: sure, you can fall down
[Sun Mar 30 20:25:55 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "You could just use a large cushion instead, no?"
[Sun Mar 30 20:26:08 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: *snaps fingers
[Sun Mar 30 20:26:16 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Good idea!
[Sun Mar 30 20:26:18 2008] : whispering to Arganyev, apparently you don't walk nearly as quickly as you assumed.
[Sun Mar 30 20:26:40 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: we need to go on, folks
[Sun Mar 30 20:26:51 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: to the mountains
[Sun Mar 30 20:27:18 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): that reminds me of the time by great garand-uncle on me fathers side, twice removed, went to far off Ikea in search of a mighty throne for his clan hall
[Sun Mar 30 20:27:37 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 20:27:37 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): Heck no. I'll stay with these guys. I just like tweaking the big folk a bit... :)
[Sun Mar 30 20:27:51 2008] : (1658) Sithis: doesn't exist "Ottoman" in my dictionnary... What is that?
[Sun Mar 30 20:27:56 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: what happened to him?
[Sun Mar 30 20:28:11 2008] : whispering to Sithis, ottomans are footstools
[Sun Mar 30 20:28:23 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ottoman is a low couch, usually with a headrest at only one end, for laying on
[Sun Mar 30 20:28:40 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: a Turk (especially a Turk who is a member of the tribe of Osman I)
[Sun Mar 30 20:28:41 2008] : (1658) Sithis: OK
[Sun Mar 30 20:28:42 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: that should be confortable
[Sun Mar 30 20:28:42 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((Try 'Ottoman', Sithis - it's a kind of stool or footrest.))
[Sun Mar 30 20:29:03 2008] : (1695) Narrator: undismayed, they spent the evening chattering of inconsequential things, and resumed their march on the next morning.
[Sun Mar 30 20:29:10 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Ottoman is a couch? I didn't know that meaning OK
[Sun Mar 30 20:29:11 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "Nothing says 'ancient dwarven lord' like a foul-tempered Leprechaun on a flying carpet."
[Sun Mar 30 20:29:22 2008] : (1695) GM: [1d7] => [2] = (2)[1d7] => [4] = (4)
[Sun Mar 30 20:29:34 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Why is he rolling?
[Sun Mar 30 20:29:42 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: I don't like GM's rolling
[Sun Mar 30 20:29:56 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): well, upon entering the famed halls of Ikea, he was quickly overcome by the wonders of "Swedish Meatballs" an "eight dollar woks", 'orrible beasties all
[Sun Mar 30 20:30:03 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: for our own good, Loegaire, you need to have some faith...
[Sun Mar 30 20:30:10 2008] : (1695) Narrator: They bedded down peacefully on the sixth night, completely unaware that they had trespassed into the territory of monsters.
[Sun Mar 30 20:30:24 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Guh?
[Sun Mar 30 20:30:26 2008] : (1695) GM: hey, look at that. Lenia and Beltarne are on watch.
[Sun Mar 30 20:30:34 2008] : (1695) GM: how's about some perception checks?
[Sun Mar 30 20:30:50 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): Danger Sense?
[Sun Mar 30 20:30:51 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Monsters need tae leave heavily armed delvers who are missing sleep alone
[Sun Mar 30 20:30:52 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Perception: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [2,6,3] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
[Sun Mar 30 20:30:53 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [1,1,2] = (4)
[Sun Mar 30 20:31:03 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): by 10
[Sun Mar 30 20:31:14 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): and night vision 5
[Sun Mar 30 20:31:31 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6.skill(14,0)] => 3d6.skill(14,0)
[Sun Mar 30 20:31:52 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6.defaultskill(14,14,14)] => 3d6.defaultskill(14,14,14)
[Sun Mar 30 20:31:57 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6] => [6,4,5] = (15)
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:01 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: vs PER 14
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:05 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: FAILURE
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:14 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Loegaire, are you watching too?
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:14 2008] : (1658) Sithis: Loegaire is Lenia??
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:22 2008] : whispering to Beltarne (Nate), you see a trio of large forms, ogreish in size, approaching from the southeast.
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:26 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Sorry. I got excited
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:28 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 20:32:28 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): (whispering): enough food for 21 days, we'll be okay
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:29 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: hm
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:39 2008] : whispering to Lenia (Harald387), you hear movement, heavy footsteps, to the south.
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:40 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Trying to use the roller
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:42 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: trickster!
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:52 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ALARM, ALARM , ogres to the southeast!!!
[Sun Mar 30 20:32:54 2008] : whispering to Loegaire, you danger sense will go off in time, stress not!
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:09 2008] : (1658) Sithis: now ogres??
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:13 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Ogres? are you kidding?
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:15 2008] : (1695) GM: combat time. sithis, roll perception for your danger sense
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:30 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I ready my shield, my sword, and my face . . .
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:33 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I kill the narrator, can I? :)
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:34 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): OK
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:43 2008] : (1695) GM: No =)
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:50 2008] : (1658) Sithis: haha
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:54 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: roll, Sithis
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:55 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [1,1,3] = (5)
[Sun Mar 30 20:33:56 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Per
[Sun Mar 30 20:34:05 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: by 9
[Sun Mar 30 20:34:11 2008] : (1695) GM: sithis bolts upright, shouting in shadowelf!
[Sun Mar 30 20:34:14 2008] : (1695) GM: combat!
[Sun Mar 30 20:34:34 2008] : (1658) Sithis: good!
[Sun Mar 30 20:34:49 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: are we hearing her?
[Sun Mar 30 20:35:00 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: do we need to be awakened?
[Sun Mar 30 20:35:01 2008] : (1695) GM: sithis first. if you're not on watch, you're sleeping.
[Sun Mar 30 20:35:10 2008] : (1695) GM: well, at least, lying down and stuff.
[Sun Mar 30 20:35:11 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: zzzZZ
[Sun Mar 30 20:35:21 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK, that is better
[Sun Mar 30 20:35:23 2008] : (1695) GM: sithis, you're action. you are kneeling.
[Sun Mar 30 20:35:32 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I notified all the people, if you can
[Sun Mar 30 20:35:41 2008] : (1695) GM: yeah, that's covered. what are you doing?
[Sun Mar 30 20:35:53 2008] : (1658) Sithis: If I can, sorry
[Sun Mar 30 20:36:04 2008] : (1695) GM: yeah, that's covered. what are you doing?
[Sun Mar 30 20:36:25 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I acrobatics, i stand up and ready my knife
[Sun Mar 30 20:36:32 2008] : (1695) GM: roll it!
[Sun Mar 30 20:36:39 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I try to hide for backstabbing some Ogre
[Sun Mar 30 20:36:41 2008] : (1695) GM: loegaire you're next.
[Sun Mar 30 20:36:45 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [5,1,4] = (10)
[Sun Mar 30 20:36:49 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: by 5
[Sun Mar 30 20:36:58 2008] : (1695) GM: okay, Sithis is standing.
[Sun Mar 30 20:37:05 2008] : (1695) GM: and has a knife out.
[Sun Mar 30 20:37:15 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Taking my carpet up.
[Sun Mar 30 20:37:18 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I attack
[Sun Mar 30 20:37:28 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Skill 15
[Sun Mar 30 20:37:30 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6] => [1,5,5] = (11)
[Sun Mar 30 20:37:37 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: stop for a moment, Sithis)
[Sun Mar 30 20:37:43 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Down one FP
[Sun Mar 30 20:37:50 2008] : (1695) GM: loegaire, your ride is ready.
[Sun Mar 30 20:38:01 2008] : (1695) GM: Beltarne, you're next.
[Sun Mar 30 20:38:06 2008] : (1695) GM: then Arganyev.
[Sun Mar 30 20:38:12 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((Why is Highway to the Danger zone playing in my head?))
[Sun Mar 30 20:38:27 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Move, towards southeast
[Sun Mar 30 20:38:49 2008] : (1695) GM: got it. arganyev?
[Sun Mar 30 20:39:02 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I stand up and ready my shield
[Sun Mar 30 20:39:11 2008] : (1695) GM: how's about you kneel first?
[Sun Mar 30 20:39:21 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: then I kneel first
[Sun Mar 30 20:39:35 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: but I m looking forward to be upright and with my shield ready, then my sword
[Sun Mar 30 20:39:38 2008] : (1695) GM: the large shapes advance. they're some kind of hairy monster.
[Sun Mar 30 20:39:43 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: even if it takes several turns)
[Sun Mar 30 20:40:06 2008] : (1695) GM: they might even be apes.
[Sun Mar 30 20:40:12 2008] : (1695) GM: with large, pointed teeth.
[Sun Mar 30 20:40:16 2008] : (1695) GM: Lenia?
[Sun Mar 30 20:40:22 2008] : ** (1652) Lenia (Harald387) begins casting a spell. Concussion: [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (17) or less Success! by 2 with 3d6 (2 FP) **
[Sun Mar 30 20:40:26 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((With big sharp pointy teeth!!!))
[Sun Mar 30 20:40:52 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Step SE.
[Sun Mar 30 20:40:54 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Done.
[Sun Mar 30 20:41:01 2008] : (1695) Leann: kneel.
[Sun Mar 30 20:41:06 2008] : (1695) Kaitlen: kneel.
[Sun Mar 30 20:41:13 2008] : (1658) Sithis: pardon... SE?
[Sun Mar 30 20:41:20 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Southeast.
[Sun Mar 30 20:41:22 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Southeast
[Sun Mar 30 20:41:25 2008] : (1695) GM: right. Sithis?
[Sun Mar 30 20:41:30 2008] : (1658) Sithis: ah! OK
[Sun Mar 30 20:41:47 2008] : (1695) GM: sithis, your action.
[Sun Mar 30 20:42:11 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I hide for stabbing these monsters by surprise
[Sun Mar 30 20:42:28 2008] : (1658) Sithis: and I move to them
[Sun Mar 30 20:42:39 2008] : (1658) Sithis: can i?
[Sun Mar 30 20:43:11 2008] : (1695) GM: sure, move at half speed (3 hexes)
[Sun Mar 30 20:43:22 2008] : (1658) Sithis: 3, OK
[Sun Mar 30 20:43:24 2008] : (1695) GM: loegaire?
[Sun Mar 30 20:43:35 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: hm, "Backstabbing: When the GM starts combat time, anyone
[Sun Mar 30 20:43:52 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: may try a Stealth roll to hide in shadows, duck into the bushes..."
[Sun Mar 30 20:43:56 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Casting Winged Knife
[Sun Mar 30 20:43:59 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Skill 15
[Sun Mar 30 20:44:01 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6] => [5,2,1] = (8)
[Sun Mar 30 20:44:12 2008] : (1695) GM: great. beltarne?
[Sun Mar 30 20:44:24 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Move again
[Sun Mar 30 20:44:32 2008] : (1695) GM: okay.
[Sun Mar 30 20:44:34 2008] : (1695) GM: arganyev?
[Sun Mar 30 20:44:49 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I stand up, readying my shield
[Sun Mar 30 20:44:59 2008] : (1695) GM: okay, you'll need another round to ready it fully.
[Sun Mar 30 20:45:05 2008] : (1695) GM: the apes advance!
[Sun Mar 30 20:45:06 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK
[Sun Mar 30 20:45:26 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: beware Beltarne!
[Sun Mar 30 20:45:26 2008] : (1695) GM: lenia?
[Sun Mar 30 20:45:52 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Toss the Concussion at the middle ape's hex.
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:05 2008] : (1695) GM: that stuns everyone within 10 yds?
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:13 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Yeah.
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:23 2008] : (1695) GM: huh. [3d6] => [5,1,1] = (7)[3d6] => [2,2,5] = (9)[3d6] => [5,4,3] = (12) v9
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:30 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 20:46:30 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: (whispering): I don't remember these apes in the tokens collection, but they look "good"
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:34 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): do you have to target it on a critter?
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:37 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [1,4,4] = (9)
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:42 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): No.
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:42 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): succeed
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:47 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): But it may scatter.
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:49 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): If I miss.
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:53 2008] : (1695) GM: everyone else needs to roll, too.
[Sun Mar 30 20:46:57 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): by 4
[Sun Mar 30 20:47:04 2008] : (1695) GM: got it, Beltarne
[Sun Mar 30 20:47:22 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (14) or less Success! by 8
[Sun Mar 30 20:47:42 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Damage is [3d6] => [5,2,4] = (11) cr in that hex, explosive.
[Sun Mar 30 20:47:56 2008] : (1695) GM: sithis, loegaire, and Arganyev need to roll HT-3 or be stunned.
[Sun Mar 30 20:48:04 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Health: [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [4,5,4] = 13 vs (9) or less Failure! by 4
[Sun Mar 30 20:48:13 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [5,4,5] = (14)
[Sun Mar 30 20:48:14 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Nice. Thanks, elfy
[Sun Mar 30 20:48:26 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6] => [3,3,1] = (7)
[Sun Mar 30 20:48:31 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Just
[Sun Mar 30 20:48:34 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: [3d6] => [2,3,4] = (9)
[Sun Mar 30 20:48:37 2008] : (1695) GM: okay, you knock the middle ape of it's feet. it will beat it's chest in rage, but it's ribcage is shattered.
[Sun Mar 30 20:48:38 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: saved!
[Sun Mar 30 20:49:08 2008] : (1695) GM: sithis, ht-3.
[Sun Mar 30 20:49:08 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): 2 damage to each of the other apes as well, if my math on explosions is right.
[Sun Mar 30 20:49:11 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): They'll probably ignore that.
[Sun Mar 30 20:49:20 2008] : (1695) GM: I'll take your word for it.
[Sun Mar 30 20:49:26 2008] : (1695) GM: [3d6] => [3,2,3] = (8)[3d6] => [4,5,2] = (11) v10
[Sun Mar 30 20:49:36 2008] : (1695) Kaitlen: recover [3d6] => [5,5,4] = (14) v10
[Sun Mar 30 20:49:49 2008] : (1695) Kaitlen: "so loud!"
[Sun Mar 30 20:49:51 2008] : (1658) Sithis: and stunned, right?
[Sun Mar 30 20:50:03 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Note to self: Learn a better area spell.
[Sun Mar 30 20:50:05 2008] : (1695) Leann: recover [3d6] => [1,4,4] = (9) v10
[Sun Mar 30 20:50:14 2008] : (1695) Leann: "I can barely hear."
[Sun Mar 30 20:50:27 2008] : (1695) GM: sithis, you need to roll ht-3 or be stunned.
[Sun Mar 30 20:50:38 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: she already rolled
[Sun Mar 30 20:50:47 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: 14, failing
[Sun Mar 30 20:50:58 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [4,6,5] = (15)
[Sun Mar 30 20:51:07 2008] : (1695) GM: oh! sorry, missed it all the excitement. okay, Sithis does nothing this round. roll to recover from stun and still do nothing.
[Sun Mar 30 20:51:17 2008] : (1695) GM: Loegaire, you're up.
[Sun Mar 30 20:51:41 2008] : (1658) Sithis: then?
[Sun Mar 30 20:51:47 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Ape 30. Winged Dagger. Eyes.
[Sun Mar 30 20:51:55 2008] : (1695) GM: the apes are in the dark, still: -3 to hit.
[Sun Mar 30 20:51:55 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6] => [4,1,1] = (6)
[Sun Mar 30 20:51:59 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Heh
[Sun Mar 30 20:52:07 2008] : (1695) GM: ah, but you'd be a lucky one, wouldn't you?
[Sun Mar 30 20:52:21 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((well, he is a leprechaun))
[Sun Mar 30 20:52:22 2008] : (1695) GM: well, he's stunned. [3d6] => [1,1,3] = (5) v6
[Sun Mar 30 20:52:42 2008] : (1695) GM: he's going to dodge, somewhat improbably. want to do something about that, lucky boy?
[Sun Mar 30 20:52:43 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Loegaire: Got Luck? :P
[Sun Mar 30 20:52:50 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: he targeted the eyes?
[Sun Mar 30 20:53:04 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: I'll pass. Let him try
[Sun Mar 30 20:53:10 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): He succeeded.
[Sun Mar 30 20:53:16 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Use the Luck. :P
[Sun Mar 30 20:53:25 2008] : (1695) GM: yeah, what Kevin said.
[Sun Mar 30 20:53:29 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Okay, Luck
[Sun Mar 30 20:53:42 2008] : (1695) GM: [3d6] => [3,4,5] = (12)[3d6] => [3,4,6] = (13) v5
[Sun Mar 30 20:53:52 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): That's better. >.>
[Sun Mar 30 20:54:06 2008] : (1695) GM: it looked like he was going to dodge, then at the last second he slipped and slammed his eyeball into the knife.
[Sun Mar 30 20:54:14 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: :)
[Sun Mar 30 20:54:16 2008] : (1695) GM: [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7) DR0 im to the brain x4 damage
[Sun Mar 30 20:54:20 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: That never gets old
[Sun Mar 30 20:55:06 2008] : (1695) GM: he takes 28 damage as the knife embeds in his skull. ow. he collapses and shortly expires with less brains than he started.
[Sun Mar 30 20:55:10 2008] : (1695) GM: uhm.
[Sun Mar 30 20:55:23 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: you are very brainy, Loegaire
[Sun Mar 30 20:55:27 2008] : (1695) GM: beltarne. wanna wrestle the ape?
[Sun Mar 30 20:55:32 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Can I Move and Attack, rapid strike, and still only be capped at 9, since my skill is 20?
[Sun Mar 30 20:55:43 2008] : (1695) GM: you can't rapid strike on a Move and Attack, actually.
[Sun Mar 30 20:55:44 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Yup.
[Sun Mar 30 20:55:46 2008] : (1695) GM: so no.
[Sun Mar 30 20:55:48 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Oh.
[Sun Mar 30 20:55:57 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): okey doke, then move and attack
[Sun Mar 30 20:56:11 2008] : (1695) GM: you could all-out attack (long) and hit him.
[Sun Mar 30 20:56:34 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): is that in MA?
[Sun Mar 30 20:56:40 2008] : (1695) GM: yes.
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:00 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): okay, lets do that
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:05 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): hows it work
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:13 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): and can I rapid strike?
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:19 2008] : (1695) GM: okay, you give up your defenses for an extra hex of reach. you can rapid strike.
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:22 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: p97
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:31 2008] : (1695) GM: he doesn't have MA, I think.
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:32 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): soudns good
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:39 2008] : (1695) GM: you're at -2 damage for swings, but...
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:45 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: doesn't matter)
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:47 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): I do, just haven't been able to play with it much
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:53 2008] : (1695) GM: ah.
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:54 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [2,6,3] = (11)
[Sun Mar 30 20:57:55 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [5,6,6] = (17)
[Sun Mar 30 20:58:05 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): well, the second is a crit fail
[Sun Mar 30 20:58:10 2008] : (1695) GM: well, the first one hits. the second [3d6.crit_miss] => <bound method gurps.crit_miss of [2, 3, 2]>
[Sun Mar 30 20:58:14 2008] : (1695) GM: well, the first one hits. the second [3d6.crit_miss()] => [6,6,1] = 13 You lose your balance & can do nothing else (not even free actions) until next turn; all defenses -2 until next turn. [B556]
[Sun Mar 30 20:58:14 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): but the first!
[Sun Mar 30 20:58:22 2008] : (1695) GM: right, the first. [3d6] => [3,3,5] = (11) v9
[Sun Mar 30 20:58:28 2008] : (1695) GM: [1d6+2] => [6,2] = (8) DR1
[Sun Mar 30 20:58:38 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): +3
[Sun Mar 30 20:58:54 2008] : (1695) GM: right you are, sir!
[Sun Mar 30 20:59:08 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): thanks:-)
[Sun Mar 30 20:59:50 2008] : (1695) GM: you lunge forward, cleaving the ape's chest with your grandfather's axe. the ape looks down, looks down a bit more at you, growls fiercely, and then explodes in a fountain of blood.
[Sun Mar 30 21:00:00 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): yaaaay!
[Sun Mar 30 21:00:11 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): thems me favorite kinds o' fountains
[Sun Mar 30 21:00:12 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Go team Dwarf!
[Sun Mar 30 21:00:20 2008] : (1695) GM: somehow, I was expecting that to be a bit more challenging.
[Sun Mar 30 21:00:47 2008] : (1658) Sithis: i'm stunned still...
[Sun Mar 30 21:00:56 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: 11 damage cutting to vitals?
[Sun Mar 30 21:00:58 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Well, sometimes rats eat yer face, and sometimes you kill horrible apes
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:00 2008] : (1695) GM: sithis: me to.
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:05 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Im stunned now with Beltarne success!
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:08 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Recovery: [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [6,4,2] = 12 vs (9) or less Failure! by 3

[Sun Mar 30 21:01:15 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: You weren't expecting a LEPRECHAUN to show up!
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:30 2008] : (1695) GM: well, they were just fodder.
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:33 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Even with the elf trying to kill us again
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:38 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((I'm the leprechaun......))
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:43 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Nymph.
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:44 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: I recover my dagger
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:55 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((AH, Wayne's World))
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:55 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: poor guys
[Sun Mar 30 21:01:57 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): I'd like to try to tend to the wounds of the downed apes.
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:00 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Nymph, Elf, whatever
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:04 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Obviously one of them isn't moving.
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:19 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I finish to ready my shield
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:21 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): But the others are likely still alive, and no threat anymore.
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:29 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: "Are you ready for the battle, folks"??
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:32 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Are there any body parts on these things that might be worth something?
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:35 2008] : (1658) Sithis: [3d6] => [6,4,6] = (16)
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:37 2008] : (1695) GM: lenia - good point.
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:40 2008] : (1658) Sithis: no
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:43 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: oh, I arrived late
[Sun Mar 30 21:02:45 2008] : (1695) GM: Beltarne - roll Naturalist to figure that out.
[Sun Mar 30 21:03:05 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: we can saw the tooth
[Sun Mar 30 21:03:15 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: or pick them
[Sun Mar 30 21:03:19 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [6,5,5] = (16)
[Sun Mar 30 21:03:29 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): I think their blood cures cancer
[Sun Mar 30 21:03:32 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Unfortunately, I have no appropriate default for Veterinary. =(
[Sun Mar 30 21:03:48 2008] : (1695) GM: beltarne - you can't imagine why anyone would care about anything from nature for any reason whatsoever.
[Sun Mar 30 21:03:59 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: mixing their hairs with garlic is the ultimate poison
[Sun Mar 30 21:04:00 2008] : (1695) GM: even dwarf clothing is finely woven metal.
[Sun Mar 30 21:04:02 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): stoopid trees
[Sun Mar 30 21:04:38 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "Beltarne, help me here? They'll die if we just leave them."
[Sun Mar 30 21:04:48 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I still stunned.
[Sun Mar 30 21:05:08 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I wonder, these things go out in the night for hunting, and they tracked us to our camp or what?
[Sun Mar 30 21:05:10 2008] : (1695) GM: sithis, you have recovered. GM says so. interact and stuff, but then again, you're a shy loner. hmm.
[Sun Mar 30 21:05:15 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: are you healing them?
[Sun Mar 30 21:05:25 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): aye, they will, an thats what nature is all about, init? The strong survivin, the weak being killed by those that have opposable thumbs an metalcraftin'!
[Sun Mar 30 21:05:33 2008] : (1658) Sithis: well...
[Sun Mar 30 21:05:40 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I think these things are natural at all, we are in Monsters land... after all!
[Sun Mar 30 21:06:02 2008] : whispering to Beltarne (Nate), nice line. me like.
[Sun Mar 30 21:06:03 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Have you given any thought to what you're going to do with an INJURED giant killer ape?
[Sun Mar 30 21:06:09 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: "aren't", I wished to say
[Sun Mar 30 21:06:21 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: 'Cause I know what we can do with a dead one...
[Sun Mar 30 21:06:25 2008] : (1695) Mark: (whispering): they're like bears or something that I did a 15 second cut job on.
[Sun Mar 30 21:07:12 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "I'm surprised you can be so callous about it, Loegaire. They're creatures of nature just like us."
[Sun Mar 30 21:07:24 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: (whispering): so they aren't FUM tokens?
[Sun Mar 30 21:07:36 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Fine, I'll heal them of their wounds, soon as you have them restrained so that they cannae harm us
[Sun Mar 30 21:07:37 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Right. Except for the very important point that THEY TRIED TO KILL US!
[Sun Mar 30 21:07:40 2008] : (1658) Sithis: why so much problem with anything natural or not? I don't understand...
[Sun Mar 30 21:07:54 2008] : (1695) Mark: (whispering): no, they were were_creature21 before I mussed with them.
[Sun Mar 30 21:08:05 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: You want to hold a benefit for the plight of the giant killer ape? Great.
[Sun Mar 30 21:08:09 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "Were trying. Aren't now. Someone get the rope out of my pack."
[Sun Mar 30 21:08:20 2008] : (1658) Sithis: anyway, the monsters aren't natural
[Sun Mar 30 21:08:26 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: You want a whip-round for a battered killer ape shelter? Fine
[Sun Mar 30 21:08:26 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: sure your Duty to Nature obliges you to heal *monsters*?
[Sun Mar 30 21:08:34 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): I grumble mightily and get the rope
[Sun Mar 30 21:08:43 2008] : (1695) GM: it makes her charitable.
[Sun Mar 30 21:08:48 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: You want to heal the killer ape, then SLEEP NEXT TO IT? You and me got a problem.
[Sun Mar 30 21:08:51 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): They look natural to me.
[Sun Mar 30 21:09:04 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Anyone know how tae tie knots?
[Sun Mar 30 21:09:09 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: and what wouldn't be natural? Only metal golems?
[Sun Mar 30 21:09:11 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ((I assume they don't have, like, obvious Elder Spawn features or something.))
[Sun Mar 30 21:09:21 2008] : (1658) Sithis: charitable is heal monsters¿¿ haha
[Sun Mar 30 21:09:28 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 21:09:28 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): How many apes aren't dead?
[Sun Mar 30 21:09:33 2008] : (1695) GM: that do not appear to elder spawn, no. you have hidden lore for things like that.
[Sun Mar 30 21:09:43 2008] : (1695) Mark: (whispering): 2 of them.
[Sun Mar 30 21:09:52 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: well, I grab thepommel of my sword while we are near of the dangerous Nature
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:03 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "Demons, undead, magical aberrations, filthy humanoids like orcs..."
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:06 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): I restrain them as much as possible, then heal them to the point where they are just barely conscious
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:07 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): Are they moving much?
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:20 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: giant apes with sharp teeth
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:22 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): axe handy in case of suprises
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:24 2008] : whispering to Sithis, you have bloodlust. you don't like taking prisoners - enemies are for killing.
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:30 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: that is...
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:31 2008] : (1658) Sithis: then.... Lenia heal monsters or not??
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:40 2008] : (1695) Mark: (whispering): some, why?
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:49 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: not, giant carnivorous apes
[Sun Mar 30 21:10:53 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "They're not monsters. Just animals."
[Sun Mar 30 21:11:01 2008] : (1695) GM: lenia can try to patch them - vet is IQ-6, right?
[Sun Mar 30 21:11:09 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Nymphs...!
[Sun Mar 30 21:11:13 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): No, Physician-6.
[Sun Mar 30 21:11:17 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Or -5.
[Sun Mar 30 21:11:23 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Or something. No IQ default, oddly.
[Sun Mar 30 21:11:27 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): I'll use minor and greater healing to get them to barely awake
[Sun Mar 30 21:11:35 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): once they've been tied up
[Sun Mar 30 21:11:36 2008] : (1658) Sithis: if Lenia heal monsters, then Im charitable, too
[Sun Mar 30 21:11:54 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): [3d6] => [6,2,2] = (10)
[Sun Mar 30 21:13:09 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): If they get loose an eat us in the middle of the night, I hope tae Grom ye're precious sensibilities don't choke em tae death
[Sun Mar 30 21:13:12 2008] : (1695) Mark: (whispering): hey, I can just penalize you for bad role-playing, it's okay.
[Sun Mar 30 21:13:13 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): Otherwise... I'm going somewhere ape-proof
[Sun Mar 30 21:13:29 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): grr.... Let me look at that...
[Sun Mar 30 21:13:40 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "I'll keep a watch if it'll make you feel better. Or we can move camp."
[Sun Mar 30 21:13:43 2008] : whispering to Sithis, you really should want to kill them. roll 3d6 under a 12 to avoid.
[Sun Mar 30 21:14:04 2008] : (1695) Mark: (whispering): characters, p125 and the elf entry in DF3
[Sun Mar 30 21:14:22 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: tonight, I sleep with my sword drawn)
[Sun Mar 30 21:14:24 2008] : (1658) Sithis: I'm watching, too, I fear of your friends monsters...
[Sun Mar 30 21:14:39 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Move the camp, an we got em comin outa the darkness again. At least here we can see if they start tae get loose an knock em out
[Sun Mar 30 21:14:50 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): Where are you getting the "charitable" part?
[Sun Mar 30 21:14:59 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): I don't see it in Sense of Duty
[Sun Mar 30 21:15:00 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: we have ropes, we can tie them . ..
[Sun Mar 30 21:15:01 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 21:15:01 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): Party bickering, the GM's best friend. :D
[Sun Mar 30 21:15:21 2008] : (1658) Sithis: nooo, poor monsters....
[Sun Mar 30 21:15:32 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: it is for their security
[Sun Mar 30 21:15:52 2008] : (1658) Sithis: they will can suffer, don't be callous!
[Sun Mar 30 21:15:55 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: if they stand up, we would need to hurt them *again* with other great lunge
[Sun Mar 30 21:16:05 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: How, exactly, are we going to let them go?
[Sun Mar 30 21:16:06 2008] : (1695) Mark: (whispering): DF3, p6 "it's functionally equivalent to Charitable and Pacifism toward any plant or animal that isn't actively in the process of eating you."
[Sun Mar 30 21:16:13 2008] : (1695) Mark: (whispering): yep.
[Sun Mar 30 21:16:33 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "By the time they get free of those ropes, we'll be miles away."
[Sun Mar 30 21:16:45 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): If me great grand aunt could see this, she would be rollin wit' laughter
[Sun Mar 30 21:16:50 2008] : (1695) Mark: (whispering): except this is funnier, i think, then the ethics of killing goblins.
[Sun Mar 30 21:16:53 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): Ah. I missed the DF part. I was going by Characters. Except, they WILL eat me...
[Sun Mar 30 21:16:54 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): We're not leavin our rope with em!
[Sun Mar 30 21:16:59 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: or with slaughter!
[Sun Mar 30 21:17:07 2008] : (1695) Mark: (whispering): but they aren't actively in the process of doing so.
[Sun Mar 30 21:17:16 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): True. Sigh.
[Sun Mar 30 21:17:28 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): "It's my rope, we can leave it."
[Sun Mar 30 21:17:31 2008] : (1658) Sithis: oh, yes, yes, when they are free, they will free for kill another delvers! good idea Lenia!!!
[Sun Mar 30 21:17:32 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): they'll get untied in the mornin, they still attack us, we can drop em again an leave em barely awake
[Sun Mar 30 21:17:36 2008] : (1695) GM: look, this is hilarious - really - but let me explain what happens.
[Sun Mar 30 21:17:43 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): foin
[Sun Mar 30 21:17:43 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Hold on, I want to try something.
[Sun Mar 30 21:17:48 2008] : (1695) GM: ???
[Sun Mar 30 21:17:50 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): Goblins, I don't have a problem killing.
[Sun Mar 30 21:18:07 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): But won't someone think of the poor animals?!?! :D
[Sun Mar 30 21:18:16 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: I want to talk to them (if they're awake)
[Sun Mar 30 21:18:29 2008] : (1695) GM: Hah! Go for it.
[Sun Mar 30 21:19:17 2008] : (1658) Sithis: pardon, mad
[Sun Mar 30 21:19:17 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: foul?
[Sun Mar 30 21:19:18 2008] : (1702) GM: Cast Beast Speech and let's get this show on the road.
[Sun Mar 30 21:19:34 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Righty-o. When are we playing until, BTW
[Sun Mar 30 21:19:40 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Skill 11
[Sun Mar 30 21:19:42 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: [3d6] => [2,4,5] = (11)
[Sun Mar 30 21:19:43 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Sithis misused the word, she wanted to say "mad"
[Sun Mar 30 21:19:47 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Another 40 min or so.
[Sun Mar 30 21:19:50 2008] : (1702) GM: 10 minutes. I want to finish this up and call it a night.
[Sun Mar 30 21:20:05 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Good. I need sleep.
[Sun Mar 30 21:20:09 2008] : (1702) GM: okay, you can talk to beasts.
[Sun Mar 30 21:20:42 2008] : (1702) GM: actually... they don't understand you.
[Sun Mar 30 21:20:50 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Guh?
[Sun Mar 30 21:20:59 2008] : (1702) GM: they're too smart for animal spells. you need Gift of Tongues.
[Sun Mar 30 21:21:06 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): not beasts? above animal intelligence?
[Sun Mar 30 21:21:10 2008] : (1702) Mark: (whispering): DF23; Flesh-Eating Ape.
[Sun Mar 30 21:21:12 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: What about their fleas?
[Sun Mar 30 21:21:21 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Can I talk to them?
[Sun Mar 30 21:21:23 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): hah!
[Sun Mar 30 21:21:42 2008] : (1702) GM: sure, you can talk to the fleas.
[Sun Mar 30 21:21:47 2008] : (1702) GM: they like ape blood.
[Sun Mar 30 21:21:50 2008] : (1702) GM: it's tasty.
[Sun Mar 30 21:21:56 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Great.
[Sun Mar 30 21:22:12 2008] : (1702) GM: they aren't exactly sophisticated conversationalists.
[Sun Mar 30 21:22:20 2008] : (1702) GM: okay, as I was saying.
[Sun Mar 30 21:22:25 2008] : [Sun Mar 30 21:22:25 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: (whispering): so you handle photoshop or something like
[Sun Mar 30 21:22:28 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((flea-ist))
[Sun Mar 30 21:22:28 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): I tell them how tasty Lenia's blood is, even better than apes.
[Sun Mar 30 21:22:46 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Right. They're not animals, so we can kill the apes
[Sun Mar 30 21:22:58 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): Stupid concussion spell...
[Sun Mar 30 21:22:59 2008] : (1702) GM: Lenia convinces everyone to tie up the apes. 'cause she's stubborn, plus she's more charismatic than a successful politician and hotter than any 3 supermodels.
[Sun Mar 30 21:23:05 2008] : (1702) Mark: (whispering): heh.
[Sun Mar 30 21:23:13 2008] : (1702) Mark: (whispering): they may not be animals, but they're still natural.
[Sun Mar 30 21:23:30 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): Aren't we all?
[Sun Mar 30 21:23:36 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): (( I protest, I caved because I'm a big softy, not cause I'm interested in baggin no nymph))
[Sun Mar 30 21:23:43 2008] : (1702) GM: however, when you wake up the next morning, the apes are dead. no one on watch saw who killed them.
[Sun Mar 30 21:23:52 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: I am! Grr, baby.
[Sun Mar 30 21:23:53 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): how sad
[Sun Mar 30 21:23:54 2008] : (1702) GM: Beltarne - fine, fine.
[Sun Mar 30 21:23:58 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): ;_;
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:01 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: hm....
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:17 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: that is puzzling!
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:18 2008] : (1702) Mark: (whispering): No... demons, undead, elder spawn. definitely not natural.
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:21 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): apparently, captivity was just too much for the poor critters
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:33 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: lol
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:38 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): ((Christ, I can't spell today))
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:38 2008] : (1702) GM: well, they're throats are cut. it gives you a clue.
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:48 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): So I have a sense of duty to anything NOT related to Cthulhu?
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:48 2008] : (1702) GM: it has to be someone in the group who uses an edged weapon.
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:49 2008] : ** (1652) Lenia (Harald387) glares at Sithis. **
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:51 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: that was by far worse than an All Out Attack Long in the chest
[Sun Mar 30 21:24:55 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Aha!! A clue!
[Sun Mar 30 21:25:01 2008] : (1702) GM: which pretty much rules out Lenia. which you figured out already.
[Sun Mar 30 21:25:13 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: captivity cuts throats...
[Sun Mar 30 21:25:23 2008] : (1702) Mark: (whispering): cthulhu, baron von strahd, Satan....
[Sun Mar 30 21:25:37 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: sure the ropes were too hard for them trying to un-tie from them
[Sun Mar 30 21:25:40 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): Kind of a big duty, isn't it?
[Sun Mar 30 21:25:43 2008] : (1702) Mark: (whispering): you don't have to like bigfolk of any kind, stone golems or other constructs...
[Sun Mar 30 21:25:59 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Welp, on the' bright side, we don't have to leave any rope behind, right?
[Sun Mar 30 21:26:03 2008] : (1702) Mark: (whispering): just plants and animals.
[Sun Mar 30 21:26:04 2008] : (1658) Sithis: here, a shadow elf is very quiet...
[Sun Mar 30 21:26:14 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: (whispering): I'm buying this off. You can put my 5 CP towards it now...
[Sun Mar 30 21:26:15 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: oh, I sorry but we need to take our rope with us, again
[Sun Mar 30 21:26:31 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: I understand your sorrow, Sithis
[Sun Mar 30 21:26:34 2008] : (1702) Mark: (whispering): yeah, yeah, promises promises.
[Sun Mar 30 21:26:42 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: now, we must to go on in our travel!
[Sun Mar 30 21:26:50 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): Disadvantages to SoD: Adventuring Companions - sometimes, you go out delving with madmen who work at cross purposes to your own. :P
[Sun Mar 30 21:26:52 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): *proceeds to untie corpses, spool rope, and hands it back to Lenia
[Sun Mar 30 21:27:03 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): *spool rope, jesus
[Sun Mar 30 21:27:10 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: *coil
[Sun Mar 30 21:27:18 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: before Giant Scavengers come in
[Sun Mar 30 21:27:21 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): touche
[Sun Mar 30 21:27:24 2008] : (1702) Mark: (whispering): yes. wait until Loegaire starts noticeable stealing everything in sight.
[Sun Mar 30 21:28:07 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): (whispering): Five days with this group could qualify as justification for buying off the flaw. :P
[Sun Mar 30 21:28:16 2008] : (1702) Narrator: slightly confused, and glaring at each other, the delvers continued they're march through the foothills of the Holbar mountains.
[Sun Mar 30 21:28:17 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: all is well now?
[Sun Mar 30 21:28:56 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Calling it a night?
[Sun Mar 30 21:29:04 2008] : (1702) Narrator: Just before dark, they came to the ruins of the mining town beneath the Caverns of Madness. There, they made camp. The next morning, they would assault the Caverns of Madness!
[Sun Mar 30 21:29:13 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Dungeon Mystery:"Who was the callous assassin of the Carnivorous Apes?"
[Sun Mar 30 21:29:25 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Next Sunday!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!!
[Sun Mar 30 21:29:33 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: BE THERE!
[Sun Mar 30 21:29:45 2008] : (1702) GM: That's a wrap, folks. The first real fight of the CoM is next week, and we'll see how it goes.
[Sun Mar 30 21:29:47 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Or be Octahedral!!!
[Sun Mar 30 21:29:54 2008] : (1702) GM: Thanks for coming, and dealing with connection wackiness.
[Sun Mar 30 21:30:04 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Next to the Travel of Madness -->> The Caverns of Madness!
[Sun Mar 30 21:30:19 2008] : (1702) GM: I'll be taking a hammer to my router and hopefully replacing it with something that doesn't suck.
[Sun Mar 30 21:30:20 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): see yas, I got a Hitman movie to watch, and I'm sure its gonna be horrible
[Sun Mar 30 21:30:26 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK
[Sun Mar 30 21:30:29 2008] : (1702) GM: Oh! by the way.
[Sun Mar 30 21:30:31 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): night/mornin, y'all
[Sun Mar 30 21:30:37 2008] : (1658) Sithis: was very fun, thanks at all  :))
[Sun Mar 30 21:30:39 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): sup?
[Sun Mar 30 21:30:48 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: nite all
[Sun Mar 30 21:30:50 2008] : (1702) GM: everyone gets 1 CP for the fight against the rats and bats - they were fodder, but there were a lot of them.
[Sun Mar 30 21:31:00 2008] : (1702) GM: The apes didn't qualify. too bad.
[Sun Mar 30 21:31:09 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK
[Sun Mar 30 21:31:13 2008] : (1702) GM: i mean, they were definitely fodder.
[Sun Mar 30 21:31:20 2008] : (1702) GM: you can't spend CP until you get back to town.
[Sun Mar 30 21:31:27 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: Lenia, what a responsibility Sense of Duty to Nature...!
[Sun Mar 30 21:31:41 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Would it be possible to get a little more distance on the next "suprise fights" so missile weapons are more of an option?
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:07 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: or even Shields ... or being Standing Up
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:08 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Night all. Thanks, Mark. This should be fun.
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:10 2008] : (1702) GM: Possibly. you're limited by how far you can see, more than anything else.
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:19 2008] : (1690) Loegaire: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:19 2008] : (1690) Loegaire (exit): 21:32
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:26 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Yeah, I'm going to start just using Lightning instead of Concussion.
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:29 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Far less party-kill.
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:41 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): Well yeah, but I made my per role by 10, and have night vision 5, and they were on the camp in two seconds
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:44 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: OK!
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:44 2008] : (1702) GM: we can talk about it on the wiki and over email. I need to go pay attention to the wife.
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:51 2008] : (1702) GM: good night!
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:55 2008] : (1684) Beltarne (Nate): k, thanks
[Sun Mar 30 21:32:59 2008] : (1652) Lenia (Harald387): Good night! Thanks for the game.
[Sun Mar 30 21:33:10 2008] : (1656) Arganyev: see you

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.