FANDOM


Narrator: The chimney opens to another large gallery, possibly larger than the one below. It is palely lit by a cylinder of light, running from the high ceiling to rock strewn floor. In the south center of the gallery, well lit, is a statue of a sneering man. Gold and silver glints at the base of the statue - a scattering of easily 500 coins.

Elsewhere in the room, charred rags lie on the floor, near a burnt pile of wood. A solid wood and iron door blocks a tunnel in the back of the room. A short distance from you, a tunnel leads down into darkness. Stalagmites boulders, and columns litter the room.

In the shadows of the far walls, there are dim flashes of red light as your lights reflect off malevolent eyes.

Sithis: the pc of Arganyev just crashed now
Thog (Jake): *sighs*
GM: DOh! Well, he's not going for a few seconds.
GM: A couple of changes from last week's status:
Sithis: yes, I was start again
Singeon: Yes, sir!
GM: Thog gave Lenia a boost up the chimney. So she's only 1 second away from the top now. Thog is still a bit behind.
GM: Beltarne is bracing himself on the walls and holding onto the rope.
GM: Thog is basically pulling up the rope as he goes (very tight fit!) so Beltarne will only be 2 seconds behind Thog.
Lenia(Harald): Works for me.
GM: Everyone ready?
Beltarne(Nate): word
Beltarne(Nate): Ready
Singeon: OK
GM: Good enough.
Sithis: yes

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

** Thog (Jake) climbs **

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: nothing

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Demons)

Sithis: do nothing, Im unconsious
Singeon: Step and wait: I'll attack enemy as he moves in range (1).
Singeon: go

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Demons
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: /go no work
Demon: Demon 1 steps forward, swinging his blade in odd ways. Demon 2 steps forward into Singeon's hex, who interrupts him.
Arganyev: here I am now, connected
Singeon: I dual attack, at -4/-2 to his defense
GM: Roll it.
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-4)] => [5,2,2] = 9 vs (18) or less Success! by 9
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-4)] => [6,3,3] = 12 vs (18) or less Success! by 6
Singeon: Two possibles, swinging
Singeon: He's at -2
Demon: Sidestep, Parry and Dodge! [3d6.skill(11,-1)] => [3,4,3] = 10 vs (10) or less Success! by 0 [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [6,6,3] = 15 vs (10) or less Failure! by 5
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [4,2,2] = (8) cut
GM: You slice him into goo.
Singeon: One down... too many to go! lol
Arganyev: not me, Thog
Arganyev: that window is here or in Maptool?
Demon: the 3 demons on the left advance cautiously. The last demon steps forward and cuts Singeon [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [3,4,4] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3 deceptive 2
Singeon: So I am at -2, yes?
Demon: Yes.
Singeon: Where he be?
Arganyev: occ so you are using Voicechat?
Singeon: Retreat +3 to parry
Singeon: Defend: Saber R Parry (17F): [3d6.skill(17,+1)] => [4,1,1] = 6 vs (18) or less Critical Success! by 12 [B556]
Singeon: Oh yeah!
Singeon: He needs to make a crit miss
Demon: [3d6.crit_miss()] => [2,3,5] = 10 You drop your weapon (& a cheap weapon breaks). [B556]
Demon: "Grr!"
Singeon: Ha ha
Arganyev: ha!
GM: Uhm.
GM: You only have 1 blade in hand, remember?
GM: I'm revitalizing the dead demon because you didn't hit him.
Singeon: I fast drawed after I popped the potion
Singeon: Free action
GM: No... because you don't have fast Sheathe.
Singeon: well, had I known that I might noit have donthis, but whatever
GM: You had to drop your sword to get the potion in the first place.
GM: okay.
GM: YOu're doing fine, so...
Singeon: Fine

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [25] Arganyev)

Singeon: I only have one sword, I need to go pick it up.
Beltarne(Nate): climbing behind thog

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: "come on Beltarne, there is gold at the cursed feet of the cursing statue!"
whispering to Singeon, You won't lose the sword, you'll have to make do for now.
Arganyev: I change facing first
Arganyev: and Defensive attack, to the right one
GM: Go for it. What benefit?
Arganyev: Im looking the node)
Arganyev: +1 to a defense, to block
GM: okay.
Arganyev: Thrusting Broadsword (18) [3d6.skill(18,0)] => [2,4,1] = 7 vs (18) or less Success! by 11
Demon: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,2)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
GM: He steps aside easily.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Arganyev: hrr
Lenia(Harald): Climb to the top! Victory!
Sithis: hurra!
Sithis: or sorry, I unsconscieus
whispering to Lenia(Harald), Got your token?

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

** Thog (Jake) mantles the edge (can you move me up there, please?) **
GM: Err, what?
Thog (Jake): I climb to the top. Can you put my token on the new map, please?
Arganyev: under Lenia, I guess
GM: Aren't you like 3 rounds behind Lenia?
Lenia(Harald): He started climbing the round after I did.
Thog (Jake): Oops. I guess I missread what you wrote earlier.
GM: Right, and he gave you a boost, but can't boost himself.
Thog (Jake): I thought I was one round back
GM: OKay. Still climbing, 2 to go.
GM: No, sorry.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Demons)

Singeon: The one north of me. I slah him, deceptive -6/-3.
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [1,3,4] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7
** Arganyev shouts come on, are you good with kids, Pirate warrior? **
Demon: Demon8 dodges and retreats [3d6.skill(10,2)] => [2,5,5] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Singeon: No!
GM: He came in defensively, but barely avoids your blow.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Demons
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Demon: 2 steps and attacks Singeon [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [3,6,1] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4
Demon: hits, too!
Singeon: Defend: Saber R Parry (17F): [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [6,2,2] = 10 vs (17) or less Success! by 7
** Arganyev thinks "Giggling insanely is morally evil; but dodging constantly our attacks is rules-wise evilness . . . **
** Singeon smiles at the demo kid. **
Demon: demon 1 steps forward, thinking and brandishing his blade. demon 8 steps and attacks Arganyev [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4 from the blind side.
Arganyev: OK but can you show me what is the blind side?
Arganyev: the blue arrow, you know
Arganyev: ah, I see
Arganyev: OK, hit me!
GM: You can defend, at -4 (-2 for blind side, -2 for deceptive)
Arganyev: OK, I block!
Arganyev: can i parry, instead?
GM: Yes.
GM: but you get a bonus for block...
Arganyev: OK, I block at 15 -4
Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,5,2] = (8)
Arganyev: success by 3!
GM: You knock him away.
Demon: Demon10 steps into close with you and attacks [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [5,6,5] = 16 vs (14) or less Failure! by 2
Arganyev: oh not, Close Combat
Demon: Gets tangled up in your shield, though. Demon11 does the same [3d6.skill(18,-6)] => [6,5,2] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1 with Deceptive -4/-2 and a -2 CC penalty.
Demon: [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
Demon: Demon11 hits demon10, who parries [3d6.skill(11,-2)] => [3,4,6] = 13 vs (9) or less Failure! by 4
Demon: [3d6-2] => [4,1,2,-2] = (5)
Demon: Demon10 is turned to goo by Demon11.
Arganyev: so, one hit other in the close combat mess?
Lenia(Harald): Yup.
GM: Yes, indeed.
Arganyev: damn, now Im covered in demonkid goo or something like!
Demon: Demon12 makes a committed attack against Singeon, grabbing him [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,3,4] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
Demon: Well, at least trying.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [25] Arganyev)

Beltarne(Nate): mas climage
Beltarne(Nate): clibame I suppose
Beltarne(Nate): god
Beltarne(Nate): Climbage
** Arganyev shouts "Come on, Tyrandor is at our side! (and our companions are below, too!)" **
GM: okay.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Sithis: yes, behind the ogre,haha
Sithis: ups! behind, sorry*
Arganyev: reverse grip takes my action now, right?
GM: It's a ready.
GM: SO yes.
Arganyev: OK, I reverse grip my sword!
GM: Okay.
GM: You are now ready to fight in close combat.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Lenia(Harald): Step forward, and cast Lightning.
Lenia(Harald): Lightning (17) [3d6.skill(17,-2)] => [2,2,5] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6 for [1] => 1 FP.
GM: okay.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

** Thog (Jake) finally climbs to the top! **
GM: Okay.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Demons)

Singeon: Step south
GM: Okay.
Singeon: Cant get my fig
GM: There you go.
Singeon: Counterattack Demon, -4/-2 defense deceptive. I am at -5 (inc. size), he defends at -4 total.
GM: Right you are.
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-5)] => [1,5,6] = 12 vs (17) or less Success! by 5
Demon: Demon2 sidesteps and parries [3d6.skill(11,-5)] => [1,5,2] = 8 vs (6) or less Failure! by 2
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [2,3,2] = (7) cut
Singeon: done
GM: and turns to goo as Singeon's saber intercepts him.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Demons
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Demon: demon 1 steps forward, brandishing his blade again. Demon8 slashes Arganyev [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [3,6,3] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2 CC-2, Deceptive -2/-1
Demon: He hits!
Arganyev: I parry!
GM: You're at -1 for Reversed grip.
Arganyev: then at 15:
Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,4,5] = (13)
Arganyev: by 2)
GM: Good enough.
Arganyev: yes
Arganyev: lets see the following ones...
Demon: demon11 takes advantage of his range advantage to cut the right guy this time [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3
Demon: Arganyev, defend at -2 for deceptive.
Arganyev: I block, now
Arganyev: [3d6] => [3,1,3] = (7)
Arganyev: my base block is 14)
GM: You easily interpose your shield.
Singeon: Thats what is it is for. Good job!
Demon: demon12 steps and grabs Singeon again [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
Arganyev: sure, thanks!
GM: Singeon keeps backpedaling and avoids it.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [25] Arganyev)

Beltarne(Nate): climbing one last time
GM: Right.
** Singeon yells "Give up, Demonchild. Play with someone your own size!" **

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I stab demonkid11 with the long blade (reversed)
Arganyev: defensive attack, anyway)
GM: okay.
Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,1,4] = (6)
Arganyev: ohm... my skill is 18)
Arganyev: base)
GM: critical hit!
GM: [3d6.crit_hit()] => [2,2,6] = 10 The blow inflicts normal damage. [B556]
Singeon: I think he can only swing.
GM: well.
Singeon: The blade is parallel to his arm
GM: He can swing or stab. but he stabbed.
Arganyev: I only can thrust)
Singeon: Oh
Arganyev: OK, damage)
GM: See Martial Arts p111.
Singeon: TY
GM: You're at -1 damage (-2 for Defensive, +1 for stabbing Reversed Grip).
Arganyev: 1d+4 of damage, then, (impaling)
Arganyev: [1d6] => [5] = (5)
Arganyev: thats 9, thrusting
GM: You impale the Demonchild. It takes 12 damage because of your Higher Purpose to kill demons, and dies.
GM: it can never rise again.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Arganyev: "ha!"
Lenia(Harald): Move and All-Out Attack (Ranged)
Lenia(Harald): Can't get my token, it's under the ogre.
Singeon: Or inside, make sure he didn't eat you!
Lenia(Harald): Hitting demon 1.
Lenia(Harald): -1 size, -2 range (4 yds), -2 (move and ranged, bulk 0), +1 (all-out), right?
GM: Yes.
Lenia(Harald): Innate Attack (Projectile) (14) [3d6.skill(14,-4)] => [1,6,6] = 13 vs (10) or less Failure! by 3
Lenia(Harald): Luck.
Lenia(Harald): Innate Attack (Projectile) (14) [3d6.skill(14,-4)] => [2,2,3] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
Arganyev: OK
Lenia(Harald): That'll do.
GM: roll 1 more time for the possible critical.
Lenia(Harald): Innate Attack (Projectile) (14) [3d6.skill(14,-4)] => [6,1,2] = 9 vs (10) or less Success! by 1
GM: He doesn't dodge, because you attacked from behind. Damage?
Lenia(Harald): [2d6-2] => [1,4,-2] = (3) burning surge; roll HT or stunned.
Lenia(Harald): HT is at -1 per 2 HP suffered.
Narrator: The lightning bolt jolts into the demon. It spasms, electricity arcing from it and burning it's skin, then melts like a wax doll in the fire.
Lenia(Harald): That works too.
** Singeon yells "Arganyev. I smell chicken cooking!" **

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Thog (Jake): READY: may step; any defend {B366}, Longbow [3d6.skill(18,0)] => [6,3,4] = 13 vs (18) or less Success! by 5
Thog (Jake): Yay! I successfully readied my bow!
GM: You have an arrow and bow in hand now.
** Arganyev shouts effectively, help is already here! **

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Demons)

Singeon: Step back and -6/-3 deceptive. I am at -7 (inc. size), he defends at -3 total.
Singeon: fig?
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [5,3,2] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Demon: demon12 sidesteps and dodges [3d6.skill(10,-1)] => [3,3,2] = 8 vs (9) or less Success! by 1

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Demons
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Arganyev: that wasn't skill, but pure FEAR
Demon: demon8 steps to the side and slashes at the Holy Warrior [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Arganyev: Parry
Arganyev: [3d6] => [3,6,4] = (13)
Arganyev: base 16, +1 for Higher purpose, -any penalty)
GM: as your parry is insane, you make it. (you're at -3, by the way -2 Deceptive, -2 for Reversed Grip.)
Arganyev: so success by 0!
Demon: demon12 grabs Singeon... again [3d6.skill(12,1)] => [4,3,5] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
Singeon: Acrobatic dodge. Can I retreat?
GM: Certainly.
Singeon: I slidestep one
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [1,6,1] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,+3)] => [4,3,1] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7
GM: well, he misses you.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [25] Arganyev)

** Singeon avoided the attack with STYLE! **
Beltarne(Nate): I reach the top! Hooray!!!

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: at last)
Arganyev: deceptive & SPIKED shield bash to the demonchild (-2 for -1 to its defense) !
Arganyev: at 13:
Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,6,1] = (11)
Arganyev: success
Demon: Dodge and retreat [3d6.skill(10,2)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
GM: The demon jumps back, aided by your shield impact.
Arganyev: 1d+4 damage
Arganyev: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
Arganyev: 5
Arganyev: crushing
Narrator: Goo drips off Arganyev's shield as he sends the Fearchild back to hell.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Lenia(Harald): Ready my staff, though it'll likely not matter.
GM: Defensive grip?
GM: =)
Lenia(Harald): Yah.
GM: okay.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

GM: range penalty is -5, -3 if you all-out attack and move forward.
Thog (Jake): Same thing to the statue?
GM: Right. The statue is calling Arganyev all kinds of nasty names.
Singeon: That's the group's job!!
** Thog (Jake) moves forward, and fires a Meteoric arrow at the bad statue-man. **
Arganyev: it is very cursing)
Singeon: Dont hit me.
** Arganyev shouts "Not me; the guy behind me! **
Sithis: Arganyev down, hurry!!)
GM: you're at -3 for Lenia and Arganyev in the way.
Thog (Jake): ALL-OUT ATTACK: Determined (+4 to hit melee; +1 ranged); move up to 1/2 (forward only); no defend {B365}, Longbow [3d6.skill(18,+1)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (19) or less Success! by 10
Arganyev: drop to the ground
GM: not that it matters...
Thog (Jake): So... Success by 7?
GM: Yes. The arrow breaks up as it hits the statue's surface.
Thog (Jake): It was meteoric...
Thog (Jake): ARROW! NO!!!
Singeon: was...
Thog (Jake): DAMN YOU STATUE-MAN!
Arganyev: another motive for hating the statue
Thog (Jake): THOG HAVE MANY MORE ARROWS!
** Singeon considers that the statue is a statue of truthtelling! **
Swearing Sentinel: "I'd call you a half-wit, but for an ogre, that'd be a complement! You're dumber than a troll and uglier than shoe leather! Go away, you pathetic excuse for an stunted pony!"
** Arganyev shouts "No Thog, keep your arrows here! The statue has magic protecting it" **

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Demons)

Singeon: -6/-3 deceptive. I am at -7 (inc. size), he defends at -3 total.
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [4,1,4] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Arganyev: he is going to fail now
Demon: dodge and sidestep! [3d6.skill(10,-1)] => [4,5,4] = 13 vs (9) or less Failure! by 4
Demon: oops.
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [6,4,2] = (12) cut
Arganyev: you see?
Singeon: Good call
Singeon: I step. Done
Arganyev: seemingly
Arganyev: more of them still could be hidden or something
Narrator: As Beltarne climbs into the room, the last of the insane and unnerving giggling stops. No more evil eyes glint into darkness. The delvers are mostly alone.
** Singeon feels lonely. **
Lenia(Harald): "Swearing Sentinel! I am Lenia, descended in teaching from Marik of Archbridge! In the name of my master's master, silence your prattling or my companions and I will do so permanently."
Thog (Jake): THOG KILL STATUE-MAN!
Swearing Sentinel: "That wasn't very impressive, you hypotheroid louts."
** Singeon goes and grabs his saber. **
Arganyev: I would like to step *out* of the swearing sentinel light area
** Thog (Jake) CHARGES TOWARDS THE STATUE **
Beltarne(Nate): Beltarne administers first aid to sithis
Beltarne(Nate): First Aid/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [3,2,4] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5
Thog (Jake): Can I tackle the statue, please GM?
Swearing Sentinel: "Who of who? No one important in any way what so ever, clearly, as they were dumb enough to take a hickseed like you as an apprentice. I'm here to ask riddles, not get involved with your pathetic squabbles.
Arganyev: you are going to hurt yourself
GM: The status weighs several tons, and is part of the floor. It mocks you an insults you as you lift it.
Swearing Sentinel: "You motherless son of a diseased goat, are you ready to answer my question? Or will you forever show your streak of yellow to the world! You have the wits of a decrepit stoat! Your imbecilic answer will illuminate nothing but dirt! I show my sole to you!"
Thog (Jake): *THUD*
Lenia(Harald): "Thog, leave the statue alone."
Arganyev: a moment
Thog (Jake): Thog answer question!
Beltarne(Nate): aye, ye don't know where its been
Arganyev: perhaps we need Sithis awake?
Arganyev: this can spawn more dangers
Lenia(Harald): "Is Sithis going to be all right, Beltarne?"
Swearing Sentinel: "No, cowards! Demonstrate to the world that you are nothing more than muscle and bone, no brains at all! Fail to answer my question!
GM: [1d6-3] => [1,-3] = (-2)
GM: she heals 1 damage from First aid.
Beltarne(Nate): Aye, she'll live(I assume)
Singeon: What is the question, oh crazy statue?
Arganyev: be patient, illmannered Sentinel
Swearing Sentinel: (screaming) "If your feeble and bankrupt interrupt cannot answer my riddle in 30 seconds, I will curse you for all eternity! Even your offspring with whatever drunken hedgehog you eventually lie in the mud with will suffer! Answer, you worthless sot, answer my riddle!"

(Calmly in a monotone) "Whoever makes it, tells it not. Whoever takes it, knows it not. And whoever knows it wants it not."

(screaming again) "Answer me, lover of cows and wooer of geese! Answer!"

Beltarne(Nate): We need to rest before I can heal her further
GM: you have 30 seconds.
GM: type fast.
Lenia(Harald): "A coffin. Are we playing at the children's difficulty?"
Sithis: hehe como mola!
Thog (Jake): A Duck!
Lenia(Harald): "Wait, that's wrong."
Swearing Sentinel: "You foolish camel lover! Hahaha! I knew your feeble intellect, honed by
your pathetic sphincter of a teacher, could never answer it! I curse you! I curse you! I curse you! Hahaha!"

Singeon: Is that bad?
Thog (Jake): It's not a duck?
Lenia(Harald): "It's not a duck, or a coffin."
GM: You are both cursed. The Sentinel stops shouting, though.
Thog (Jake): A coughing duck?
Arganyev: ohm, Im failing in seeing the riddle)
GM: "Whoever makes it, tells it not. Whoever takes it, knows it not. And whoever knows it wants it not."
Arganyev: Mark, exactly who is cursed?
GM: Doesn't help Lenia and Thog, though.
Arganyev: Mark, exactly who is cursed?
Singeon: A lie?
Arganyev: Mark, exactly who is cursed
GM: They're cursed.
Beltarne(Nate): I've always hated riddles
Arganyev: exactly who is cursed
Singeon: Is it a lie?
Narrator: "No, feeblewit. I see the only strength you have is in your blade, and that isn't much. Curses to you! Curses forever!"
Swearing Sentinel: "No, feeblewit. I see the only strength you have is in your blade, and that isn't much. Curses to you! Curses forever!"
GM: Singeon is cursed.
** Lenia(Harald) leans over, and whispers to Arganyev. **
Thog (Jake): Wait! Thog know this one!
** Arganyev grieves "I feel the effects! Im psychologically touched by the insults!" **
Thog (Jake): Is it... the moon?
Singeon: Doh!
Lenia(Harald): (whispered to Arganyev) The answer's 'counterfeit money'. I don't think he'll accept it from me.
Swearing Sentinel: "Bah! You had your chance!"
Arganyev: OK
Thog (Jake): A mirror?
Arganyev: Hear me, Oh Cursing Sentinel: the answer to your riddle is COUNTERFEIT MONEY!
Swearing Sentinel: "You stinking cheater! You steal all my fun! Fine, take it, take it all you miserable wretched son of an incontinent camel! Take the shirt off my back!"

The statue stops speaking. The carved staff in its hand changes color, darkening to a deep, rich brown. At the same time, its elaborately carved jacket slowly turns into fine red silk.

Thog (Jake): COUNTERFEIT DUCKS!
Lenia(Harald): "I got my riddles confused."
Beltarne(Nate): whoever makes it, tells it not? how do you not tell counterfeit money?
Arganyev: with caution, I go to see that shirt or whatever
GM: Lenia, Thog, and Singeon begin to reek.
Lenia(Harald): "If you're making it, you don't talk about it."
Thog (Jake): Um, a young man, a man, and an old man?
GM: Lenia, roll Perception + Magic.
Beltarne(Nate): meh, I hate riddles
Thog (Jake): The healer was the boy's MOTHER!
Singeon: Reek, as in STINK?
Lenia(Harald): [3d6.skill(12,+3)] => [3,5,2] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Arganyev: I didn't understood the riddle, so I couldn't even try to come with an answer)
Thog (Jake): You don't bury the GOBLINS!
GM: The staff is magical. The jacket is not. There is a small no-mana zone in the wall above the wood pile.
Beltarne(Nate): I check the gold piled up at the statues feet
Lenia(Harald): "Thog, it might be best if you went to guard that tunnel entrance. I'm worried we might have attracted attention."
GM: Singeon - yes, you stink like rotting eggs.
Thog (Jake): Wait! Thog get this...
Singeon: Oh, my fans will not like that!
Thog (Jake): A shadow!
GM: Beltarne - there's a mess of coins down there. You grabbing them?
GM: did I miss anyone?
Arganyev: so we have here a staff
Beltarne(Nate): Very suspiciously examining them
Lenia(Harald): I'll take the staff from the statue's hands.
GM: Arganyev, make an Armory (body armor) roll.
Arganyev: wait for a moment, perhaps it is "cursed" money
Lenia(Harald): "This is magical; I'd have to spend some time with it to learn exactly how, but we need to rest in any case."
Thog (Jake): The letter "Q"!
Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,6,5] = (15)
Arganyev: hmpf
GM: Lenia, you have the statue. As you look at it, you notice it has notches for a bowstring.
GM: It might actually be an unbent longbow.
Arganyev: I guess it is failed)
Lenia(Harald): Hmm.
GM: It's a red silk jacket, Arganyev.
Beltarne(Nate): This gold look funny to me at all?
Arganyev: OK, we take the silk jacket, OK?
GM: Beltarne - no. There's a mess of gold, silver, brass, and copper.
Arganyev: can we do something to be sure about the gold?
GM: Arganyev - you work the jacket off the statue. It's silk. Something clinks in the pocket.
Thog (Jake): Three! One to hold the halfling and two to turn the monkey!
Arganyev: I check it
Lenia(Harald): "The gold isn't magical, I'm not worried about it. I think we've got sacks for the money, we can count it later."
Beltarne(Nate): scooping up the cash
Lenia(Harald): "Thog, riddle time is over. You broke the statue. *Please* go guard that tunnel?"
Thog (Jake): Huh?
GM: The cave mushrooms and moss are dying wherever Lenia, Singeon, and Thog are stepping.
Thog (Jake): What answer?
Singeon: Oh, gods...
** Arganyev suddenly drops, crouching, and is suddenly pale **
Beltarne(Nate): ducks, you got it th' first time
Lenia(Harald): "The answer was a counterfeit duck. You got it right."
Beltarne(Nate): good job
Singeon: Arganyev!!!!
Thog (Jake): Yay!
Thog (Jake): Thog smart!
Arganyev: Im at 4 HP now, my Blessing is over (from the past session)
Thog (Jake): Guh?
** Singeon runs to his friend **
Beltarne(Nate): Rushes over to arganyev
Beltarne(Nate): Lad, whats wrong?
Singeon: oh. then rest, friend
** Arganyev tells Singeon: "I will live, friend" **
GM: Standing near Singeon makes you feel woozy. As does standing near Thog or Lenia.
Arganyev: sure
** Thog (Jake) Thog guards the chimney, BOW (cough cough) ready **
Arganyev: there are 12 gold coins in the red shirt, BTW
Singeon: Unless we meet more crushrooms, we will need to find a way to get rid of this curse.
Beltarne(Nate): lenia, any chance of dispellin that funk ye have hanging over ye?
whispering to Arganyev, Are you counting them?
Beltarne(Nate): you're a bit ripe
Arganyev: you take them along the other gold in the floor
GM: The funk isn't magical in nature. It's some kind of unholy curse.
Lenia(Harald): "I can try, but curses aren't exactly a specialty."
Singeon: I disbelieve.
Lenia(Harald): I'll try Dispel Magic anyway, because I'm thorough like that.
Beltarne(Nate): ohm... anything I can do to holify them?
Lenia(Harald): It'll fail.
Lenia(Harald): But that's okay.
Thog (Jake): I want to disbelieve...
GM: Lenia - roll it.
GM: Beltarne - you could try a religious ritual to pray for an exorcism.
Arganyev: I can help with that
Arganyev: but
Arganyev: Beltarne, guard for us these handfuls of gold
Lenia(Harald): [3d6.skill(17,-2)] => [3,1,3] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8 (Costs 2 FP)
** Arganyev passes Beltarne two bunches of gold from the red silk **
Beltarne(Nate): Alright ye stinky heathens, gather round an mayhap Gorm will see fit tae de-stinkify ye, if ye be worthy
Lenia(Harald): (That dispels the Haste on me, as well.)
GM: [3d6.skill(14,-7)] => [6,6,1] = 13 vs (7) or less Failure! by 6
GM: You dispel the curse from yourself, Lenia. doesn't that take more Fatigue?
whispering to Beltarne(Nate), There was 20 gold in the jacket's pocket.
Lenia(Harald): Nope. It's an area spell, 3 per hex.
Singeon: I am a follower of Vartherion. But... I get around. Is that okay?
Beltarne(Nate): Religious Ritual (Dwarven) (12) [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,6,3] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3
Arganyev: ohm....
Beltarne(Nate): obviously, gorm is displeased by your foulness
GM: why does Dungeon list it as 20 FP?
Singeon: Not as much as I.
Arganyev: Religious Ritual (11) [3d6.skill(11,(Tyrandor))] => 3d6.skill(11,(Tyrandor))
Arganyev: Religious Ritual (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [4,2,3] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Lenia(Harald): Pageref?
GM: p234/126 for Magic, 9 for DR2.
Arganyev: now it should be cleansed beyond all doubt
GM: What did you cast, Lenia?
Arganyev: DF2
GM: okay, back up.
Arganyev: Remove curse?
Lenia(Harald): Dispel Magic. Which is why I said it'd fail. =)
GM: Oh, then it fails. Sorry. You need Remove Curse.
Lenia(Harald): *Kevin* knows it'll fail. Lenia doesn't.
GM: okay. what are people doing?
Singeon: Stinking and resting.
Lenia(Harald): It looks like Beltarne is attempting an Exorcism.
Arganyev: I just did Religious Ritual, by 2; had that any effect?
Beltarne(Nate): Dragging all the dismembered bodies into a corner, making sithis comfortable
Sithis: I don't know if Im healed or not
** Thog (Jake) guards the chimney, wonders what the demons taste like... **
GM: Arganyev - no.
Arganyev: aha
Lenia(Harald): ((I'm going to sum things up quickly to make sure we're all on the same page, is that okay?))
Beltarne(Nate): ((Sounds good))
Singeon: Are we having any other effects? And will this smell warn our enemies?
Lenia(Harald): Sithis, Singeon, and Arganyev are wounded; Beltarne is low on FP and needs time to rest before he can heal any of them.
GM: Likely you will - it's pretty awful.
Arganyev: hehe, cleansing a cursed area takes about 3 hours)
Arganyev: I'm not doing that ritual)
GM: okay.
Lenia(Harald): Singeon, Lenia, and Thog are all cursed; we'll need a successful Exorcism or Remove Curse to remove it. Exorcism rolls against the Exorcism skill and takes three hours; Remove Curse costs 20 FP and takes one hour.
Arganyev: yes, I think we need to rest
Sithis: OK
Singeon: 20 FP for each???
Arganyev: I will try Exorcism with you
Lenia(Harald): If Mark's generous, a single Exorcism will cleanse all three people - 'we all participate in the ritual' or sommat. If not, it'll be nine hours. Alternately, 60 FP and three hours.
Beltarne(Nate): i don't have remove curse
Arganyev: but we need to retreat to a "controlled" area
Singeon: agreed.
GM: You can do it all in one go, but at -1 per extra person.
Lenia(Harald): This area *is* fairly safe, with only three points of entry, all easily guarded.
Beltarne(Nate): yeah, here is good
GM: Priest types should roll Occultism or Theology.
Beltarne(Nate): Theology (Dwarven) (12) [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,6,6] = 16 vs (12) or less Failure! by 4
Beltarne(Nate): Christ
Singeon: Okay, but closer to the hole, out of the bright light.
Singeon: Who?
Lenia(Harald): What I propose is that we rest long enough for Beltarne to heal Sithis and Arganyev. Once they're healthy, they can guard the two tunnel doors.
GM: Beltarne, you don't know anything about this curse - it may be related to Elder Things.
Beltarne(Nate): thats gonna take a day, I've already healed both today, and it gets harder each time
Arganyev: OK, first healing, and then I need to do some Exorcisms
Lenia(Harald): Beltarne, Singeon, Thog, and myself can do the exorcism in the area near the chimney, dealing with anything that comes up after us.
Sithis: OK
Lenia(Harald): Does that make sense to everyone?
Singeon: Yes
Arganyev: Thog can substitute me with his bow in the watching?
Sithis: OK Lenia)
Lenia(Harald): No, he needs to be de-cursed.
** Singeon couldn't tell the difference **
Arganyev: OK, Im waiting for healing of Sithis any other wounded member, and me (is this OK?)
Singeon: Let's do it. What can I do to aide the ritual?
Beltarne(Nate): CONCENTRATE: may step; if defend/injured/etc. roll vs. Will-3 {B366}, Healing Slumber (Holy) (16) [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
Beltarne(Nate): thats for sithis
Arganyev: you need to be silent, and praying to Tyrandor of course!
Beltarne(Nate): in 8 hours, she'll have 8 hp back
Singeon: I am down by four, but I can hold out better if healing needs to be saved.
GM: PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU'RE DOING BEFORE ROLLING, DAMNIT.
Sithis: thanks
Beltarne(Nate): I'm casting healing slumber
GM: Thank you.
Lenia(Harald): I need to AFK briefly to deal with the landlord at the door - assume I do whatever's necessary to participate in Exorcism.
GM: okay.
Arganyev: of course
Beltarne(Nate): I can't heal anyone else with my regular heal spells, without the -3 penalty, because I've already healed everyone else already today
Singeon: I wasn't healed, i believe
GM: So let me see if I understand: Everyone rests and watches. Beltarne casts Healing Slumber on Sithis. Everyone rests some more. Beltarne starts an exorcism while waiting for Sithis to wake up.
Singeon: I just had the potion
GM: Singeon is right.
Beltarne(Nate): 1) healing slumber, then resting. I can afford to cast it right away
Singeon: okay
GM: okay. you're still in 1 place for 8 hours.
Beltarne(Nate): okay, i can top off singeon
Beltarne(Nate): casting major heal
GM: Do you guys want to head back to the base camp to recover and pay hirelings?
Beltarne(Nate): on him, okay?
GM: Sure. Thanks!
Beltarne(Nate): CONCENTRATE: may step; if defend/injured/etc. roll vs. Will-3 {B366}, Major Healing (Holy) (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [5,6,5] = 16 vs (15) or less Failure! by 1 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
Beltarne(Nate): CONCENTRATE: may step; if defend/injured/etc. roll vs. Will-3 {B366}, Minor Healing (Holy) (16) [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [3,6,3] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
Singeon: Funny, i don't fell any different...
Beltarne(Nate): okay, i screw up major, do minor instead, you're topped off, singeon
Singeon: Thanks.
Arganyev: I would do the Exorcism, Mark, if Beltarne is busy
** Singeon bows to Beltarne **
Beltarne(Nate): I'd be okay with retreating to base camp
Beltarne(Nate): drop off gear and whatnot
Singeon: Rest at camp as well?
Arganyev: hm, your choice
Beltarne(Nate): I think mark is asking us if we wanna go there retroactively, spend the 8 hours there, right?
GM: Right.
Singeon: I am okay with it.
Sithis: I cannot, I think
Beltarne(Nate): Thog can carry you
Singeon: We can carry her
Thog (Jake): Thog HUNGRY!
Beltarne(Nate): lets do that
Arganyev: because we arranged guards, watches, etc... I think we can pass here these 8 hours but as you like
Beltarne(Nate): Ye eat all of that Goblin already?
Beltarne(Nate): I'd rather do it at base camp, where we can drop off loot, arganyev
Sithis: nooooo, Im a girl, I don't want anyone touch me!!!!
Arganyev: OK
Singeon: Wow
Narrator: The delvers make it back to camp easily, killing grass in their footsteps as they go. The horses shy away when Lenia, Thog, or Singeon approach.
Beltarne(Nate): luckily, you're unconscious
Sithis: haha!!
Arganyev: we make a shroud for carrying you, Sithis
Beltarne(Nate): Alright, lets do an exorcism!!!
Thog (Jake): Why horsie no want to be Thog's friend?
Singeon: I set up my meager camping gear and then join the exorcism.
Beltarne(Nate): Cause ye smell even worse than normal, ye great hairy oaf
Arganyev: mount it, for showing your friendship to it, Thog! ;)
** Singeon thinks its like a sleepover! exorcism instead of ouija board! **
Beltarne(Nate): so, exorcism for 3 people = -2 to skill, mark?
Singeon: Leave the poor horse alone!
GM: Something like that, Singeon.
Beltarne(Nate): and can arganyev assist or something?
GM: Beltarne - yes.
Arganyev: yes, can I?
Arganyev: OK, I do that: Exorcism, too
GM: Arganyev can assist.
Thog (Jake): Thog help?
GM: He doesn't get any of Higher Purpose bonuses, though.
Arganyev: Beltarne, do you think Gorm and Tyrandor are ... uh ... compatible?
Beltarne(Nate): he rolls, if successful, bonus to skill or something?
Singeon: I concentrate
Arganyev: yes - you need to be there for making possible the Exorcism, Thog)
GM: If Arganyev succeeds, you get a +1 on your roll.
Arganyev: I have a Exorcism skill of 14)
Beltarne(Nate): roll it
Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,1,3] = (5)
Arganyev: success
Beltarne(Nate): Okay, I'm rolling mine at -1 total
Beltarne(Nate): Exorcism (15) [3d6.skill(15,-1)] => [2,6,4] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2 Conditional: -4 from 'Exorcism' when user doesn't possess Blessed, Power Investiture, or True Faith
Narrator: Arganyev prays, white light surrounding him.
Beltarne(Nate): I have Exorcised the funk!
Beltarne(Nate): ((singing: weee got the funk. Duh duh duh duh duh))
Arganyev: anyway, Thog, I wouldn't ride that poor horse nor even now)
Thog (Jake): Bring in da funk!
Thog (Jake): We gotta have dat funk!
Narrator: As Beltarne prays, a celestial chorus of hammers starts pounding out a beat, which is countered by unholy, insane shrieks and curses. The two sounds battle against each other, and then the hammering stops and the mad shrieking continues.
Arganyev: a moment!
Narrator: Thog, Lenia, and Singeon continue to reek.
Arganyev: Were you thinking of Gorm and Tyrandor?
Thog (Jake): Thog better now?
Singeon: Can I invoke LUCK?
Beltarne(Nate): Apparently not
Beltarne(Nate): Odd
GM: Singeon - yes. you can.
Singeon: LUCK!!!!
Beltarne(Nate): Exorcism (15) [3d6.skill(15,-1)] => [5,2,6] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 Conditional: -4 from 'Exorcism' when user doesn't possess Blessed, Power Investiture, or True Faith
Beltarne(Nate): Exorcism (15) [3d6.skill(15,-1)] => [4,1,4] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5 Conditional: -4 from 'Exorcism' when user doesn't possess Blessed, Power Investiture, or True Faith
Lenia(Harald): I'm back.
Beltarne(Nate): that how it works?
Singeon: It was the -4
GM: Yes.
Beltarne(Nate): I have true faith though
Beltarne(Nate): it's just a nasty curse
Arganyev: hm, I have Blessed >ducks
Beltarne(Nate): apparently
Arganyev: really
Lenia(Harald): It's an opposed roll.
Beltarne(Nate): ah
** Singeon promises a gift to their causes from his share when they return. **
Arganyev: it is permanent: please reroll your characters
Lenia(Harald): Sorry about the absence. Needed to go over details of some repairs with the landlord.
Narrator: As the giggling increases, it is answered by a sudden gong toiling out across the land. The shrieking disperses into muddled, bloody coughs and then dwarven war horns blare triumphantly.
Lenia(Harald): "Well done, my holy friends."
Narrator: Lenia and Singeon stop reeking. Thog still smells, but it's normal bad Thog smell, not unnatural evil.
Beltarne(Nate): Gorm Gulthyn has blessed you, my comrades, go forth, and serve proudly in th' knowledge of his beneficence
Singeon: Kind of unnatural.
Singeon: The good kind
Beltarne(Nate): ....with some assistance from tyrandor
Singeon: Thank you.
Thog (Jake): Thog better now?
Beltarne(Nate): yup
GM: Yes.
Singeon: Let us rest the night and return for glory on the morrow!
Arganyev: well, this is done, thank Beltarne for the assistance of Gorm
Thog (Jake): Yay! Now Thog no need shower!
Arganyev: >ducks!
GM: Lenia negotiates with the hirelings to get them to stay another week, paying for them with some of the gold and silver acquired so far.
Beltarne(Nate): I can slumber the rest of ye if you're okay with letting the guards take watches
Arganyev: joking)
Lenia(Harald): ((I *did* pay them two weeks in advance.))
Singeon: I can take a watch, no problem.
GM: Yes, and it's been 8 days - they have to walk back home, and they're not doing that on their own time, Lenia.
Lenia(Harald): ((Good point!))
GM: okay. healing slumbers for Sithis, Arganyev, and Thog?
GM: BTW - Thog has MR-2 only.
Beltarne(Nate): Arganyev, ye look like ye could use some rest
Arganyev: sure; go ahead
Beltarne(Nate): yes, mark
Beltarne(Nate): hey, who wants to do some ceremonial casting so I don't exhaust myself?
Arganyev: myself if it is possible
Lenia(Harald): I have Lend Energy.
Beltarne(Nate): that'll work
Beltarne(Nate): CONCENTRATE: may step; if defend/injured/etc. roll vs. Will-3 {B366}, Healing Slumber (Holy) (16) [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
Beltarne(Nate): thats arganyev, I'll spend 3 fp, take 2 from lenia
GM: okay.
Beltarne(Nate): do i need to reroll for sithis?
Lenia(Harald): Casting Lend Energy to give Beltarne 5 FP (this will reduce my pre-rest count to 0, but I assume we have a chance to rest to full FP after or possibly before this)
GM: you've got as much energy as you need - you're back at camp, it's late, you can rest. and no, the previous roll is fine.
Beltarne(Nate): and for thog(sigh)
Singeon: Demon????
Lenia(Harald): [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [2,6,6] = 14 vs (17) or less Success! by 3
Arganyev: Demons!!!
Beltarne(Nate): CONCENTRATE: may step; if defend/injured/etc. roll vs. Will-3 {B366}, Healing Slumber (Holy) (16) [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [3,1,1] = 5 vs (14) or less Success! by 9 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
Arganyev: Religious Ritual (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (11) or less Failure! by 5
Beltarne(Nate): now thats a success
Arganyev: Thrusting Broadsword (18) [3d6.skill(18,0)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (18) or less Success! by 10
GM: Stop it.
Beltarne(Nate): and I almost fall over from the casting cost
Beltarne(Nate): but thog s out too
Arganyev: you almost makes me go out of my healing slumber!)
Beltarne(Nate): Now, I take a nap, wake me for my watch
Singeon: I'll take first watch.
Narrator: Flushed and bruised from their first successes, the delvers return to their base camp to resupply and drop off loot. The next morning, they return to the main gallery.
GM: ((I hit the clock button and fast forward everything. Make sure you still have food and stuff! But don't do it now!)
Arganyev: are we already in the next morning?
GM: You guys can do anything you want during the night... except return to the caves, you're exhausted.
Thog (Jake): GM's!
Beltarne(Nate): arganyev and sithis get 8 HP back, thog gets 16
Singeon: I take my watch, then look at the stars as i fall asleep, looking for images of myself in them.
Arganyev: Im at 12 (of 14)
Lenia(Harald): Contrary to delusion, the universe does not revolve around Singeon. But he's had a hard day, so I won't point that out to him.
Sithis: the... I have 2 HP, not is my best moment, jeje
Arganyev: if there would be more wind, you would see clouds making acrobatics ;)
Singeon: lol
GM: Anyone doing anything before returning to the Caverns?
GM: Or are you going back to town?
Lenia(Harald): Recover all my FP.
Arganyev: yes
Lenia(Harald): Cast Haste on myself and Beltarne.
Beltarne(Nate): topping off HP before going back in
Lenia(Harald): Recover my FP again.
Arganyev: I ask the group, can I take a healing potion for my belt?
Beltarne(Nate): and recovering FP after
Lenia(Harald): Certainly.
GM: Beltarne - cast Minor Healing on Arganyev and Sithis? That takes 10 minutes.
Beltarne(Nate): you should have 2 minor Potions and 1 major
Beltarne(Nate): arganyev
Beltarne(Nate): CONCENTRATE: may step; if defend/injured/etc. roll vs. Will-3 {B366}, Minor Healing (Holy) (16) [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [3,5,3] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
Arganyev: tell me
Lenia(Harald): Haste: [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [2,4,6] = 12 vs (17) or less Success! by 5 costing 1 FP and adding 1 to move and dodge for Beltarne.
Beltarne(Nate): healed
Lenia(Harald): Haste: [3d6.skill(17,-1)] => [4,3,1] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8 costing 1 FP and adding 1 to move and dodge for Lenia.
Arganyev: Thanks
Beltarne(Nate): sithis is at 2 HP after healing 8 already?
Arganyev: so 14 of 14 I guess)
Arganyev: yes...
Arganyev: he was badly hurt
Sithis: yes, I has -6
Arganyev: *she*
Beltarne(Nate): okay, this is gonna be a major heal then, okay mark?
GM: Everyone is healed. Everyone is recovered from Fatigue.
Beltarne(Nate): okay
GM: I suppose so.
Beltarne(Nate): back to the caves then, casting flaming weapon, shield, and armor on myself
Arganyev: that is for the great Exorcism, Beltarne!
Beltarne(Nate): need me to roll?
Singeon: LET'S GO!!!
GM: No...
Sithis: but you are wrong, not?
GM: You can probably cast 3 easy spells given time.
GM: So.
Lenia(Harald): Righto. We're back in the main gallery - this is where we encountered the crushrooms? Or is this with the statue?
Thog (Jake): Lenia, can Thog have Statue-man's bow?
Narrator: The delvers climb chimney back to the main gallery. The demon bodies are gone, leaving nothing behind. The statue is just a bunch of sculpted rock now.
Singeon: are those mine opening to the west?
Beltarne(Nate): By th' bye, I may have forgotten to mention this, but at the rope bridge, there's a doorway emitting a glow off to th' right, lower than where we crossed. We should explore that before we leave the caves
Arganyev: that is interesting
GM: The opening to the west leads into some tunnels. (Which you can't access as the GM's weekend was derailed by a dog).
Singeon: Hard to reach. Beltarne?
GM: There is a door in the north wall that isn't on the map.
Singeon: Okay, then the door. Lets go
Beltarne(Nate): looked like. may be another way to them deeper in the complex, looked like
Lenia(Harald): "I think we can have a look on our way out. I'm interested in this door, though. If Dunner kept his things anywhere, it'll have basic comforts, and a door is a start."
Beltarne(Nate): right
Lenia(Harald): "Oh!"
Beltarne(Nate): and that means less we have to pay back the town council
Lenia(Harald): "I've just remembered something!"
Beltarne(Nate): whats tha'?
Lenia(Harald): Mark, I'm going to pore over that no-mana zone to the west - you said it was small, I'm guessing there's something hidden there.
Singeon: I follow her to protect her.
Thog (Jake): Thog follow too
GM: It's over the wood pile. about 3 meters tall and 1 meter wide.
Singeon: Hiding something.. or someone?
Lenia(Harald): "Let's move this wood out of the way... that's a curious kind of space."
Narrator: The former purpose of this charred pile of wood isn't
apparent.

** Singeon helps move wood **
Beltarne(Nate): keeps growling
Beltarne(Nate): helps move wood
** Thog (Jake) moves wood **
GM: You move all the wood out of the way.
Lenia(Harald): "Sithis, I'm no expert. Are there any hidden trapdoors or cubbyholes?"
Arganyev: hm, isn't better to place our tokens in the right place of the map, for better understanding of our situations?
GM: <shrug> up to you, I didn't do much for this.
Sithis: really, I don't know where we are... but I go with you
Lenia(Harald): ((So, we find nothing and move on through the door?))
Arganyev: Sithis, follow Lenia please
Sithis: pardon, I talked occ
Arganyev: she is at the west, with Thog and Beltarne
Sithis: OK
whispering to Sithis, You see the remnants of wood up in the wall, in the no-mana zone. There's some kind of thin crack in the wall - it might be a door!
Arganyev: go go  ;)
GM: Sithis, you have a whisper.
Sithis: go!
GM: Go where?
Sithis: a door, guys!!
Arganyev: to the west of the "room", with Lenia)
Arganyev: sure?
Sithis: sure, perhaps, I suppose must roll
Arganyev: beware, try to hear to the other side
Arganyev: wind? noises?
Arganyev: noises
Sithis: I see a door
Thog (Jake): *OOC* Guys, I have a minor emergency, and have to go.
whispering to Sithis, The door and wood slivers are 5 meters above the ground.
Thog (Jake): Sorry, feel free to play Thog.
Beltarne(Nate): bye thog
GM: Bye, Jake! Good luck with your emergency.
Sithis: [3d6] => [1,5,3] = (9)
Singeon: bye
Sithis: success! This is a door!
GM: Why are you rolling Sithis?
Arganyev: *OOC* sorry Jake! Tell us about tomorrow))
Sithis: per
Arganyev: she is rolling Emotion
GM: You can see the cracks in the wall, 5 yds above the floor.
Sithis: The door and wood slivers are 5 meters above the ground.
Beltarne(Nate): sounds like a job for THog
Arganyev: hey why someone would "hide" this zone with a no-mana shroud?
Arganyev: perhaps there are some hidden magical trap?
Sithis: hmmm I cross the door! :)
Lenia(Harald): ((Can we use Thog as a stepping-stone even though Jake's left?))
Arganyev: perhaps this isn't a normal place
GM: How do you that, Sithis?
Arganyev: I catch her by the arm
GM: Yes, THog can help.
Arganyev: she slips through the cracks! lol
Sithis: I open the door....
GM: HOW? It's 5 yards above you!
Arganyev: ooze technique
Sithis: sorry, I think the door was 5 yd tall!
Arganyev: any idea, Lenia?
GM: No, it's 2 yards tall, just 5 yards above you.
Arganyev: we can think about this
Sithis: climb at the door before, sure
Arganyev: Mark, I try to examine the characteristics of the door above us
GM: Roll climbing at -2 - the wall slopes inward.
Sithis: I up just the door
Lenia(Harald): I think Thog can reach; Thog boosts Sithis up, she listens carefully, then sneaks through?
Beltarne(Nate): Have Thog lift Sithis up to inspect it?
GM: Arganyev, you can't even see the door - you're relying on Sithis' claims.
Lenia(Harald): We all follow behind, with Thog bringing up the rear?
Arganyev: ah, OK)
Sithis: hey! Thog don't touch me!!
Sithis: puaf!
Thog: Thog no help?
Arganyev: OK, then you touch him... Better?
Sithis: I climb in tog
Sithis: Thog
Arganyev: lol
** Singeon whispers to Arganyev, "Shes holding out for me." **
Sithis: then I examine the door
GM: I'd say roll Acrobatics, but you have perfect Balance, so you easily stand on the ogre's broad shoulders.
GM: You listen at the rock, but you can't hear anything through it.
GM: Sithis is balanced on Thog's shoulders. What are people doing?
Singeon: Gaurding their flanks
Arganyev: hearing, waiting, and watching
Beltarne(Nate): Watching the other entrances to the cave
Sithis: I cast blur in me
Sithis: then I open and cross
GM: you can do that, but it will stop working as soon as you enter the No-Mana zone.
Sithis: then, I cross without blur
GM: okay.
Sithis: I will risk
GM: You have a whisper.
GM: What is everyone else doing?
Sithis: a moment
whispering to Sithis, The interior of the room is normal mana - your spells will work normally.
Beltarne(Nate): watching the other entrances still
Sithis: Mark, try again please
Singeon: In guard node, watching room
Lenia(Harald): Waiting a few seconds for Sithis, then motion to Singeon and Thog to boost Singeon up next.
Singeon: I allow them.
Sithis: I cross happy!!
Singeon: i use acrobatics to make it effortlessly
GM: I'm switching action to the next map.
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,2,3] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Arganyev: I go there, too
GM: make a climbing roll at +1;
GM: the map is CM5
Singeon: In. Neat!
GM: People around Thog are on the ground.
GM: Sithis and Singeon are above.
Arganyev: a sort of library!
Sithis: I cross and cast, or cast and cross?
Singeon: Those long rectangles are...?
Arganyev: cross and then cast)
Arganyev: tables
GM: Tables!
Singeon: DUAL FASTDRAW!
Narrator: Books and book binding equipment littered the room.
Singeon: Skill: Fast Draw (Saber)(16): [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [3,1,4] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8
Singeon: Skill: Fast Draw (Saber)(16): [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [1,5,4] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6
Singeon: I move to the man on the floor, look him over
Beltarne(Nate): do the tables see us?
Lenia(Harald): Are we in combat time?
Singeon: cant see!
Sithis: Why is people in floor?
whispering to Sithis, You are in grave danger - demons and undead lurk here.
Lenia(Harald): Because we haven't climbed up yet.
Arganyev: dead people?
GM: We are not in combat time, but don't overwhelm me.
Arganyev: we found a former party of delvers!
GM: There are dead people on the floor, yes.
Narrator: The door opens into small, square room, roughly 5 yards by 7. Cabinets and bookshelves line the walls, and a few long tables run the length of the room. They are covered with books, scrolls, ink, and bookbinding equipment. The long rotted bones of two or three humanoid bodies lie on the floor.
** Lenia(Harald) motions Arganyev to climb up next. **
GM: The bodies on the floor - well, you can't tell, really, but they aren't armored. Just messy.
Sithis: Retreat! Hurry!
Arganyev: wait Lenia -
Singeon: Winners and loses, my friend, says Singeon to thebody.
Sithis: grave danger here!! lets go back!
GM: Arganyev, have you climbed up yet?
Arganyev: what happens? we need to go up to check that party of delvers, perhaps there are survivors!
Lenia(Harald): "What is the problem?"
Arganyev: no)
GM: Singeon, perception test at -2.
Sithis: I feel we are in grave danger here! We need a plan before enter here
Singeon: [3d6] => [4,4,1] = (9)
GM: oh, well.
Singeon: Missed by 1
Sithis: I retreat back, and climb downwards; I tell Singeon to do the same
GM: Sithis - you can easily drop to the ground. You're on the main gallery floor.
Singeon: We'll be fine.
GM: what are people who are not Sithis doing?
Singeon: As long as my friends have my back!
Sithis: and the rest?
Singeon: I can no longer see Singeon
Beltarne(Nate): I am observing the commotion of her hasty return
GM: Well, you're in the dark. Do you have a light source?
** Arganyev talks to Sithis: What was the danger? Tell us **
GM: That, you know, works through a no-mana zone?
Arganyev: Singeon, are you alone upwards?
Singeon: I put away a saber and light a torch.
Singeon: Yes! Thank you all!
Arganyev: don't be temerary Singeon
Arganyev: we can see much better your skills if we are at your side, not below
Singeon: Its just some dead people.
GM: You have a torch. you can barely see anything.
Singeon: then come up
Sithis: I didn't know which danger is it, but more bad than demons or setas
GM: what are people who are not Singeon, Beltarne, or Sithis doing?
Sithis: Singeon do you don't ear me?
GM: talk amongst yourselves - brb.
Singeon: I walk to the books on the ground and look at the pages.
Lenia(Harald): "With Singeon up there, we need to back him up. Stay sharp, though - we don't know what's up there."
Singeon: Yes I do. You left me.
Singeon: What kind of books were these?
Lenia(Harald): "Arganyev, then Beltarne, then me. Sithis, watch the rear. Thog, stay down here and guard our backs - it's not a very big door anyway."
** Arganyev shouts to Singeon: "Please, go down! That should be a really dangerous place.... The Red Fist Company was massacred entirely here, perhaps these aren't only remains, but undead remains or worse" **
Sithis: I back up again, I cannot left Singeon alone...
Singeon: I can handle it. it is nothing...
GM: okay, again, what are people WHO ARE NOT Singeon, Sithis, or Beltarne doing?
Sithis: Singeon, if the demons not killing you, I will kill me!
Arganyev: Im watching
Arganyev: ?
Lenia(Harald): I'm giving orders - though whether people are following them or not is another matter.


Sithis: I will kill you (Singeon)*
GM: hang a second.
Arganyev: Singeon, be suer of having a quick retreat path ...
Sithis: I up again!
Arganyev: hm, again, the party is split
GM: EVERYONE, STOP TALKING WHILE I DO STUFF. THANK YOU.
Arganyev: Sithis, once more: what was the nature of that mysterious danger upwards!?
GM: SHUT UP.
Sithis: demons and undead lurk here


GM: I'm back.
Arganyev: demons? undead?
Narrator: As Sithis started climbing back up Thog, Singeon knelt and flipped open a book.
Sithis: yes, demons and lurk undead here
Narrator: Suddenly, two cabinets popped open and fiery red skulls floated out.
Singeon: I disbelieve
GM: We're in combat. The monsters get to move first.
GM: How about not doing anything until it's your action? K-rist.
Demon: The flaming skull swings by Singeon [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
Demon: And then the other! [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [3,1,3] = 7 vs (9) or less Success! by 2
GM: You still planning on disbelieving, Singeon?
Singeon: I meant disbelieve my friends would leave me
Singeon: Instead I acrobatic dodge.
Arganyev: they can be illusions, still but...
Singeon: q: are the books dry?
Arganyev: jump over a table)
GM: oh, do you want to defend, then? You're kneeling, so no fancy acrobatics. and it's in the dark, so another -1 penalty.
Singeon: No fancy acrobatics? I can forward roll in real life from kneeling.
whispering to Singeon, the brief touch of the book you get is that is dry.
Singeon: They are glowing as well
GM: Good point. Acrobatics, no retreats.
Singeon: Are you trying to kill me?
Singeon: lol
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [1,6,6] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
GM: Yes, trying to kill you.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,+1)] => [5,1,2] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
GM: You jump out the way. Make an HT-4 check.
Singeon: [3d6] => [6,2,6] = (14)
Singeon: Miss by 5
GM: The air suddenly turns toxic, stinking of vile gases. Your torch burns green.
** Arganyev shouts "We could try to make these nasties coming down here, and we would have some advantage over them!" **
GM: By the way - you're unarmed - 1 hand to hold the torch, 1 hand to touch the book. but both your sabers are sheathed, that's a plus.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

GM: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
GM: Oh, and Singeon takes 6 points of Toxic damage.
Sithis: In Stealth mode (I hope!) I cast Blur (two seconds, two points of effectiveness) on myself
Singeon: Please tell me BEFORE combat in that case. I kinda meant I looked at a page as in the pic.
Singeon: See the open books
GM: uhm? okay, you have 1 saber free.
Singeon: I am never going to go unarmed in a situation like this
Singeon: Ok
GM: Sithis - you'll lose the spell as you cross into the room. Sure you want to do that?
Sithis: no, a moment
whispering to Lenia(Harald), Now I'm with you - I'm just going to start gunning down PCs.
Sithis: in other words: first of all, I make Stealth
GM: Okay, you're at -5.
Sithis: [3d6] => [1,5,4] = (10)
Sithis: I read the paper
GM: What paper?
Arganyev: by 4, success)
Sithis: I have 19
GM: yes, but you're at -5 for being in the open when you hide. what paper?
Sithis: my character sheet in paper
Arganyev: she was reading the char sheet)
GM: oh!
GM: you sneakily jump into the room.
GM: Okay?
Arganyev: the printer character sheet ;))
Sithis: I not declare with the nodes, etc)
GM: Great.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Sithis: OK, Im in room
Singeon: One sec
GM: by the way, these skulls are small and have a -5 to hit.
Singeon: Change posture to Stand.
GM: That's a step.
Singeon: all out defend
Singeon: + to defense
GM: roll self-control for Overconfidence, hero.
GM: you can easily handle 2 skulls that can't hit you.
** Singeon rolls to resist his well founded belief that he can do anything. **
Singeon: Overconfidence roll: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [1,4,1] = 6 vs (12) or less Success! by 6
GM: Okay.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [25] Arganyev)

Beltarne(Nate): watching sithis scramble back into hole confusedly. "Is something wrong?
Beltarne(Nate): Do nothing
GM: DOh! but fair.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Lenia(Harald): "Arganyev! Get up there!"
Arganyev: damn! what is happening there? Sithis, tell us!
Arganyev: I remain (do nothing)
GM: okay.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Thog: "Why everyone shouting?"
Sithis: Is something wrong?? guy you are in a dungeon!! nor n the kitchen of mummy!!
Lenia(Harald): "For the love of - Thog, get me up there!" - step into Thog's hands for a boost to the doorway.
Sithis: sorry , is occ!
Thog: "Thog lift Magey! Want hug later?"
GM: Roll climbing +2 as he lifts you.
Lenia(Harald): "Singeon will want lots of hugs later."
Thog: "Yay! Hugs for funny little man!"
Lenia(Harald): [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [1,5,1] = 7 vs (13) or less Success! by 6

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Toxifier
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Sithis: but I only can ask in my turn, isn't right?
GM: You can talk at any time, Sithis.
GM: Just don't declare actions until it is your turn.
Beltarne(Nate): ((we had no indication that anything bad happened in the hole, Singeon didn't say anything, the skulls haven't made any noise that we can tell, and sithis just came out of the hole then popped right back in))
GM: Well, Sithis is choking from the gas...
Arganyev: that is true
GM: Speaking of.
Sithis: ah! then: Singeon is in danger, two skulls attack him!!!
Demon: Toxifier exudes poison gas. Singeon, roll HT-4.
Arganyev: atacan = are attacking him
Singeon: [3d6] => [6,2,6] = (14)
Singeon: Miss by 5
Demon: [1d6] => [2] = (2) Toxic.
Demon: You take 2 more points of damage.
Singeon: Now at 9

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Skulls
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Demon: The skulls dodge in and out [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,1,2] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6 (Deceptive -4/-2)
Demon: And again, brushing against Singeon [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,5,3] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5 (Deceptive -4/-2)
Singeon: Will a parry damage my weapon?
Sithis: occ: I lost again...)
GM: Roll Hidden Lore (Demons) to find out.
Sithis: when is my turn?
GM: Next, Sithis.
Sithis: and what happens?
Singeon: Would a normal skull damage my weapon
Arganyev: I think not, Singeon
Singeon: Dodge, then acrobatic dodge
GM: No, a normal skull wouldn't damage your weapon, but normal skulls don't float and burn.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,3,5] = 14 vs (12) or less Failure! by 2
Singeon: luck
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,4,4] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [1,4,3] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [5,1,3] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,2)] => [4,1,2] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7
Singeon: two dodges
Singeon: with a little luck
GM: You escape the demons. For now.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Singeon: Thanks
Sithis: I cast apportation in a skull
Sithis: can I¿
GM: Yes, but you'll need to move closer - within 3 yards.
Sithis: mark?
Sithis: OK
GM: ((sorry, had to look something up)
Sithis: then I move and cast apportation in that ugly skull,
Arganyev: she could move a skull at Move 1 of "force"
Sithis: no?
Arganyev: no no, dont move
Arganyev: well, Lenia knows better
GM: For now, you move or cast.
Arganyev: I guess you can move and cast
Sithis: then I move a bit
GM: up to 7 hexes.
Sithis: in sneak, please
GM: go ahead and move while the next person acts.
GM: yes, you're sneaky.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: Was the books dry?
Sithis: here?
GM: Good.
GM: Singeon - how can you tell? It wasn't visibly soaking.
GM: and you clearly didn't touch it...
Singeon: I drop the torch on the books (free), acrobatic step onto the table, and attack the north skull
GM: okay.
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,4,6] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
Singeon: What is the to hit minus?
Arganyev: (assassin of books!)
Lenia(Harald): -5 for size, other penalties for darkness.
Singeon: which are?
Demon: -1 for light.
Singeon: although, they are glowing!
Arganyev: (maybe you are burning the Total Predication of Cancherbell!)
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-6)] => [2,1,2] = 5 vs (16) or less Critical Success! by 11 [B556]
Singeon: Critical Hit [3d6.crit_hit()] => [5,1,3] = 9 The blow inflicts normal damage. [B556]
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [6,5,2] = (13) cut
Narrator: Singeon's blade easily cleaved through the burning skull, passsing through it almost as if it weren't there.
Singeon: It was there, though!
Arganyev: I think that was a torso hit, really
GM: You do 2 damage.
Singeon: Ohhhhh........
Arganyev: just DR? darn
Narrator: As the torch drops to the ground, it goes out.
Singeon: Cowardly torch

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [25] Arganyev)

Arganyev: dry courage
Beltarne(Nate): Thog, give me a boost, will ye?
Beltarne(Nate): waiting till Thog's turn
GM: With a single swift motion, Thog lifts Beltarne onto the ledge.
GM: Roll Climbing +2.
Sithis: don't climb Beltarne! we will down very soon!
Sithis: never we will agree??
Beltarne(Nate): Climbing (11) [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [2,5,4] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
GM: Enforcing your plans, or lack there-of, is not the GM's responsibility, Sithis.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

whispering to Lenia(Harald), Roll Wizard to recognize these things.
Sithis: Beltarne! where you goes?? I did say you down!
Arganyev: Im trying to get to the no-mana area entrance for actually see what is happening there, but with caution and leaving room for the case someone is quickly returning downwards to the CM5 floor
whispering to Lenia(Harald), actually, I suppose I should...
whispering to Lenia(Harald), Hey, they're toxifiers and flaming skulls! You know the drill.
Arganyev: shut up, you are going to break your hiding position)
Sithis: Beltarne! down now!
Demon: Arganyev - the no-mana entrance is 5 yards above - you need to Thog to lift you.
GM: Arganyev - the no-mana entrance is 5 yards above - you need to Thog to lift you.
Arganyev: OK
Arganyev: Thog: come on
Arganyev: why I am obeying a Demon?????
Arganyev: anyway, I call Thog for that
Thog: "Thog lifting littlest man, littler man. Thog lift you next."
Beltarne(Nate): (( problem 1- you can't even see what I'm doing, you're facing the opposite direction. problem 2- I can't go till next turn, problem 3-Singeon will probably not retreat and die if we don't all charge in))

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Toxifier)

Arganyev: Singeon didn't overcome his overconfidence? I thought he was, in some way ... . retreating .. . .?
Lenia(Harald): Step into the room so I can see what I'm doing, readying staff in a Defensive Grip.
Lenia(Harald): I can't actually see my token.
Arganyev: me neither
Arganyev: OK

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Toxifier
(on deck: [24] Skulls)

Sithis: yes, Beltarne, I agree with this, Singeon is a mulish
Demon: Toxic stench envelops Singeon. Roll HT-4.
Singeon: I never said i was escaping
Singeon: [3d6] => [5,2,3] = (10)
Demon: [1d6] => [1] = (1) toxic damage.
Singeon: Missed by 1
GM: and you take 1 damage.
Arganyev: "we need a leader" -BOOH

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Skulls
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Singeon: at 8
Sithis: any idea we do for help Singeon?
GM: I have you at 9 - 6 + 2 + 1.
Singeon: Stay out of the doorway would be a start
Lenia(Harald): "I have several good ideas."
Singeon: Huh?
Arganyev: she isn't at the doorway, Singeon)
Demon: The burning skull darts behind Singeon [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [6,2,1] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5 Deceptive -4/-2
Singeon: I was at 17.
Arganyev: she is under the table you are standing on
Sithis: say anything, very soon my turn...
GM: oh, right, I track damage, not hits remaining. we're in agreement.
GM: So, you defending? At -4, can't retreat.
GM: well, acrobatics at -6 to retreat off the table.
Lenia(Harald): "Sithis, get the skull in the rear. I'll take care of the Toxifier and the other Skull."
Singeon: Retreat and acrobat off the back to the floor (not dodge)
GM: acrobatics first.
Singeon: Really?
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,-6)] => [4,2,5] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Singeon: I fall prone
Singeon: On the table
GM: hey, who's running this game?
Singeon: No, thats what i do.
GM: You drop off the table clumsily, no retreat bonus. You may defend, still at -4.
Singeon: Or i fall off, which is the same
GM: You can't Dodge and Drop after Retreating.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,-4)] => [3,1,1] = 5 vs (8) or less Success! by 3
GM: okay.
Demon: The burning skull darts behind Singeon [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,2,3] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7 Deceptive -4/-2
Singeon: Im in front of the table?
GM: Defend at -6. You're on the ground by the table.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,-6)] => [3,3,4] = 10 vs (6) or less Failure! by 4
Singeon: I die
Arganyev: something less than that
Singeon: There is no way i can win
Lenia(Harald): Have a little faith in your friends.
GM: Hardly. You take 2 points of burning damage, as the unholy, unearthly flames burn through your leather like it was dry tissue.
Arganyev: yes, you will see

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Singeon: Then the gas
Sithis: I move for stabbing the skull near me, by behind
Thog: "Thog lift you, funny little man."
Arganyev: yes yes-
Thog: Thog lifts Arganyev up.
GM: Sithis? It's not looking at you, attack at +4 but -5 for it's size (net -1).
Sithis: attack
GM: roll?
Arganyev: roll now
Sithis: [3d6] => [4,4,2] = (10)
Arganyev: by 8
Sithis: left the modifiers and such
GM: You do 2 damage.
Arganyev: 1d thrust
GM: We'll assume she cut it and move on, okay?
GM: Thanks.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Sithis: well, I cannot do more
Singeon: Acrobatic stand at -2
Lenia(Harald): ((They're Diffuse. You do 1 or 2 damage on a hit.))
Sithis: OK
Singeon: [3d6] => [4,6,1] = (11)
GM: You're already standing.
Singeon: Missed it
GM: So?
Singeon: I thought you said i was on the floor?
Singeon: I guess you did
GM: On your feet, on the floor. Yes.
Singeon: Runaway
GM: Go for it.
Singeon: Over the table
GM: Okay.
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,-2)] => [5,4,1] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
GM: Singeon bravely flees.
Singeon: Fast draw saber
Singeon: Skill: Fast Draw (Saber)(16): [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [4,4,5] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1
GM: okay.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [25] Arganyev)

Beltarne(Nate): Move and attack
Beltarne(Nate): to the skull in front of sithis
** Singeon yells "I was just leaving. What are you all doing here???" **
Demon: okay.
Beltarne(Nate): rapid strike, capped at 9
GM: can't rapid on a Move and Attack.
Beltarne(Nate): okay, just normal then
Beltarne(Nate): Grandfather's Axe * Primary [3d6.skill(20,0)] => [1,6,5] = 12 vs (20) or less Success! by 8
Arganyev: maybe your flaming Grandfather axe makes more hurt to these head(ache)s
Beltarne(Nate): fail
Sithis: fail?
Lenia(Harald): Capped at 9.
GM: You charge forward, dodging Singeon as he falls back, but miss the skull.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: by the cap at 9
Beltarne(Nate): ((not flaming, went through no-mana zone))
Arganyev: well, where am I? ;)
Arganyev: I smell undead heads!!!
Sithis: here mana
Arganyev: heroic charge and attack
Arganyev: with FP cost
Lenia(Harald): ((When you pass through a no-mana zone, temporary spells are dispelled.))
Arganyev: I cant move ;)
Arganyev: return my ownership, Please
GM: oops...
Sithis: oh
Arganyev: hm,
Arganyev: heheh, is this possible?
Arganyev: Im in Beltarne's hex
GM: sure, -2 for the dwarf in the way.
Arganyev: OK, I deceptive attack at -4 for -2 to dodge of the skull
Arganyev: total- -6
Arganyev: at 12 then
Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,3,3] = (10)
Arganyev: by 2
GM: uhm... -5 for size, -4 deceptive, -2 Beltarne, +1 higher purpose.
GM: you hit exactly, it is at -1 to Dodge.
Arganyev: hm....
Demon: Cackling with laughter [3d6.skill(9,-1)] => [3,5,1] = 9 vs (8) or less Failure! by 1
Arganyev: so you recalculated my Deceptive attack... thxs!
GM: You do 3 points of damage to it as your blessed blade strikes the insubstantial evil.
Arganyev: 2 points of damage by swing!
Arganyev: ah, true!

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Toxifier)

** Lenia(Harald) steps forward and extends her staff, casting Shape Air in an attempt to send the Flaming Skull and Toxifier flying. **
Lenia(Harald): Starting the Shape Air in the southern Skull's hex, in a line towards the Toxifier.
** Arganyev tells Singeon "You are now dying *tonight* . . ." **
GM: okay, go for it.
Lenia(Harald): [3d6.skill(17,-1)] => [5,4,2] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5 using 10 FP from the Power Item.
Lenia(Harald): Damage is [5d6] => [3,5,3,4,1] = (16) knockback only.
GM: how many FP total? 11?
Lenia(Harald): Oh!
Lenia(Harald): 9 FP from the power item. :S
Lenia(Harald): I can't spend more than 10 total on the spell.
GM: okay. uhm. 16 knockback. Hrrm.
Lenia(Harald): May have some other effect on diffuse critters.
Lenia(Harald): Depends how diffuse. It's a massive, instant, gale-force blast.
Singeon: Can you create a wind to carry their gas away from us?
Lenia(Harald): It also lasts a full minute. >.>
Beltarne(Nate): suck it, skulls!
Narrator: Lenia murmurs magic words, and a gale force wind whips through the room, scattering pages everywhere and sending the skull spirits and toxifier flying backwards.
GM: Well.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Toxifier
(on deck: [24] Skulls)

Demon: The toxifier tries to escape the gale (contest of DX vs skill) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5
Lenia(Harald): [3d6.skill(17,-1)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7
Narrator: Lenia skillfully alters the wind, pinning the toxifier against the back wall.
Lenia(Harald): ((Unless you're going to use the original skill roll, which will save me rolling.))
GM: nah, reroll each time - it's basically a Break Free contest.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Skulls
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Demon: The skull tries to escape the wind [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (14) or less Failure! by 1
GM: well, don't fail, Lenia.
Lenia(Harald): [3d6.skill(17,-1)] => [4,1,5] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6
GM: It, too, is pinned to the wall.
Lenia(Harald): I assume I'm going to need to keep concentrating in order to keep them pinned like this.
Singeon: pwned
GM: Yes - it's a grapple, effectively.
GM: And everyone else - don't touch the blue line. That would be bad.
Demon: The other skull stops cackling with a stiffled grunt and cautiously moves toward Lenia, sometimes getting bobbed around by the edges of the gale.
Arganyev: uh uh, a skull wants to break a concentrate maneuver...

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Thog: "Thog no see! What happening!
Sithis: I run against the other skull
Beltarne(Nate): Let me deal with th' one headin towards Lenia
Sithis: and attack
Arganyev: wait!
Arganyev: throw a knife instead
GM: move, Sithis.
Sithis: why?
Lenia(Harald): ((It'd be hard to throw a knife through that wind.))
Arganyev: that is a point
Sithis: go
GM: [5d6] => [1,5,1,3,3] = (13)
Arganyev: to the side
Sithis: what happens?
GM: Sithis is caught in the wind and blow a bit, but recovers thanks to her Perfect Balance.
Arganyev: could her to pass through the wind?
GM: blown a bit. You can attack with a cap of 9.
Arganyev: cool
Sithis: and, don't move?
Arganyev: you are at her side, Sithis
GM: The wind is much worse for mostly insubstantial clouds of yuck. People are well rooted.
GM: Right. You can attack, Sithis.
Sithis: [3d6] => [6,6,3] = (15)
GM: But you miss.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Arganyev: a moment, a map bug?
Arganyev: OK
Singeon: HUh?
GM: What's the problem, Singeon?
Sithis: can you put well in the map, please?
Singeon: I will spend an FP to move and attack (heroic charge)
Singeon: Map bug?
Singeon: two attacks. -6 right?
Sithis: a me, I say)
GM: nope, only 1 - still can't rapid strike on a move and attack. Though if you want to spend more fatigue...
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [2,2,4] = 8 vs (22) or less Success! by 14
Sithis: thanks )
Singeon: Not rapid strike
Singeon: Dual weapon
GM: oh, you can do that, sure.
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-6)] => [5,4,6] = 15 vs (16) or less Success! by 1
Lenia(Harald): "Stay out of that corner with the creatures! I have *plans* for them."
Singeon: two possibles
Demon: Dodge and retreat! [3d6.skill(9,5)] => [6,6,6] = 18 vs (14) or less Critical Failure! [B556] [3d6.skill(9,5)] => [4,4,3] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3
Demon: well, hell. [3d6.crit_hit()] => [6,5,6] = 17 The victim's DR protects at half value, rounded down, after applying any armor divisors. [B556]
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [6,5,2] = (13) cut
Singeon: Thats good!
Lenia(Harald): ((They don't have DR.))
Narrator: Singeon's blades whirled and diced the monstrous skull, but had less effect than he'd hoped.
Lenia(Harald): ((They're Diffuse.))

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [25] Arganyev)

Singeon: oh
Beltarne(Nate): gonna take a step and use true faith to turn
Beltarne(Nate): Will (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [5,5,1] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Arganyev: "Ha!"
Sithis: good Beltarne!
Demon: Toxifier [3d6.skill(16, 1)] => [1,3,5] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8
Demon: SkullA [3d6.skill(10,-4)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (6) or less Success! by 0 ; SkullB [3d6.skill(10,-4)] => [4,1,3] = 8 vs (6) or less Failure! by 2
Arganyev: this is the result of True Faith?
Beltarne(Nate): an enhancement to true faith
Arganyev: (yeah, Turning)
Beltarne(Nate): The power of Gorm Compels you!!!!
Narrator: Dwarvish war horns blared, and an insubstantial bronze shield appeared between Beltarne and the skulls, pushing one of them back.
Arganyev: oh, that is Gorm . . . again!
Lenia(Harald): "I thought we left the bard in Polisberg."
GM: Skull A and the Toxifier overcome the Turning, and can advance if they Break Free. The other 1 can't move closer than 2 hexes to Beltarne.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I only move
GM: okay.
Arganyev: done

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Toxifier)

Lenia(Harald): Casting Concussion (while Concentrating on Shape Air).
Arganyev: I avoided the Wind)
GM: Can you do that? Sure, why not.
Lenia(Harald): [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [1,1,1] = 3 vs (14) or less Critical Success! [B556] costing 5 FP. Yes, it's at -3 for 'spell concentrated on' instead of -1 for 'spell on'.
Lenia(Harald): Costing 0 FP!
Beltarne(Nate): nice
Arganyev: I walked around the wind)
Narrator: The green fog of the deadly Toxifier disperses under the Nymph's gale force winds.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Toxifier
(on deck: [24] Skulls)

Singeon: Damn gurl... you done told that toxifier

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Skulls
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Demon: Roaring with anger, the flaming skull moves to attack Arganyev [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [3,5,2] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4 Deceptive -4/-2
Arganyev: the skull at my side, just disappeared from the map
Arganyev: OK
Sithis: where is the skull?
Arganyev: dodge+retreat
GM: In Arganyev's hex.
Sithis: OK
GM: Arganyev, you can't retreat - it's between you and the open space.
Arganyev: at 11
Arganyev: [3d6] => [6,6,2] = (14)
Arganyev: i fail
Arganyev: I fail anyway, OK
Narrator: The flaming skull burn against Arganyev's armor. Even his mighty faith does not protect him.
GM: 2 burning damage.
** Arganyev "Aargh, ..." **

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: move and attack sure
GM: you can just step and attack...
Arganyev: we are at close combat; if you fail you can stab me
Sithis: yes, I do this
Thog: "Thog want to know! Where windy noises coming from?"
GM: attack at -7.
Arganyev: OK, she stabs me ;)
GM: Sithis.
Beltarne(Nate): from pretty lady, thog!
Sithis: [3d6] => [3,2,3] = (8)
whispering to Arganyev, she can't hardly hurt you.
Sithis: success?
Demon: Dodges! [3d6.skill(9,-2)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (7) or less Failure! by 9
Arganyev: base skill sis 18
GM: You hit it, but your daggers do little damage to the insubstantial demon thing.
Sithis: 2 damage?
whispering to Lenia(Harald), forgot the Break Free from the other skull [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,2,3] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3
GM: Yes.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: Can I attack from here, or does it get cover?
GM: No cover, but there's a -2 for ARganyev being in close combat, and another -5 for size.
** Arganyev thinks "Another of the evil traits, besides the moral ones, is the lack of conformity in receiving damage as should be; this is in addition to dodging and dodging good and successful attacks" **
Singeon: Dual sabers, at -7
whispering to Arganyev, Wah!
Arganyev: oh ohhoho
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [3,6,5] = 14 vs (15) or less Success! by 1
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [4,5,2] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Singeon: Two possibles
Arganyev: two Arganyevs!
Singeon: Made ya sweat, friend!
Arganyev: lol
Demon: Dodge and dodge while retreating [3d6.skill(9,3)] => [6,5,3] = 14 vs (12) or less Failure! by 2 [3d6.skill(9,3)] => [5,6,1] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [5,2,2] = (9) cut
Demon: [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Singeon: anything?
GM: You hit the skull, and don't hit Arganyev. Best you could hope for, really.
GM: 2 damage...

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [25] Arganyev)

Singeon: Is it reeling???
GM: It's bobbing and weaving.
Beltarne(Nate): move, dropping concentration
GM: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
Arganyev: Singeon's your mercy lacks of limits!
GM: okay, 2 more rounds of Turning for free.
GM: you done moving?
Beltarne(Nate): yup
Singeon: Don't be such a wuss. We are professionals

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: can I step back and attack the skull?
Sithis: go out that cursed skull, please, Arganyev
Arganyev: or step anywhere and attack
GM: You'll need to evade, first.
** Singeon yells Lenia, can you move to give you more room here? **
GM: Contest of DXs.
Arganyev: I try to evade
GM: [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4
Arganyev: 13
Arganyev: [3d6] => [6,6,4] = (16)
Lenia(Harald): "No, not really. But give me a second..."
GM: beat by 4...
Arganyev: oops
GM: The flaming skull cuts off your movement.
Arganyev: I haven't option for an all out defense +2, right?
GM: You can attack at -8 (close combat, and -5 for skull size). or you can all out defend, sure.
GM: You stepped, so yeah. all-out block or whatever.
Sithis: the flaming skull don't burns people?
Arganyev: AoD, is my choice
GM: No, it burns people Sithis. No matter how much armor they have, it burns them

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Skulls)

Arganyev: so Im going to be safe from my friends!)
Lenia(Harald): Tossing the concussion at the Skull's hex.
Sithis: then, why the skull don't burns us?
GM: which one?
Lenia(Harald): This means I stop concentrating on the Shape Air.
Lenia(Harald): The farther one.
GM: wimp =)
Lenia(Harald): Range is 11 yards for -5; targeting the ground for +4.
GM: okay.
Lenia(Harald): [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [5,2,6] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
GM: no dodge for explosions... roll damage.
Lenia(Harald): Damage is [6d6] => [3,5,3,1,5,5] = (22) in that hex, /3 per yard outward.
Lenia(Harald): And explosions ignore Diffuse. >.>
Arganyev: good Concussion, for second time
Narrator: The ball of concussive energy touches ground beneath the skull, and there is a loud thunderclap. The delvers blink, and when they look again, the flaming skull is completely gone.
Beltarne(Nate): shaka-khan!
GM: And she didn't hit her allies, either. Weird. =)
** Singeon is awed. That says something. **

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Skulls
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Lenia(Harald): I'll spend 1 FP to end the Shape Air as a free action, and end my turn.
Beltarne(Nate): thats why I moved
Arganyev: that is , that is!
Arganyev: so , no more sense for the blueline
GM: Okay, now ignore the blue line.
Arganyev: what happened to the toxifier? hm
GM: Hey, cool.
Arganyev: OK, go on please
Demon: Step and attack Singeon [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,1,2] = 4 vs (14) or less Critical Success! [B556] Deceptive -4/-2
Lenia(Harald): I blew it apart with gale-force wind.
Arganyev: I disbelieve the blue line : fixed
GM: Singeon, going to take that?
Singeon: I invoke luck
GM: bummer.
Demon: Step and attack Singeon [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [6,5,2] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 Deceptive -4/-2
Demon: Step and attack Singeon [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 Deceptive -4/-2
GM: You may defend at -2, as it will hit you otherwise.
Singeon: Acrobatic dodge
Singeon: Defend: Acrobatic Dodge (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,3,2] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4 - Success grants +2 to dodge/Failure grants -2 to dodge.
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,3,1] = 6 vs (15) or less Success! by 9
Singeon: No prob
Narrator: As Beltarne's holy shield fades and falls back, the flaming skull darts forward at Singeon. He slides another its attack.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: I move again and attack this skull
whispering to Beltarne(Nate), Lenia(Harald), (GW): You guys feeling a little more useful?
Singeon: Mine?
GM: still at -7 to attack, Sithis.
Arganyev: wait,
Arganyev: heheh
Arganyev: where is the skull?
Sithis: I don't see the skull
Arganyev: Mark, can you make it visible?
Sithis: skull*
Arganyev: ahh
Beltarne(Nate): my turning didn't work on that one anyway, otherwise it would have had to retreat
Arganyev: OK, attack, Sithis!
Sithis: attack
Sithis: [3d6] => [4,4,3] = (11)
Arganyev: but beware , that is close combat, you can stab Singeon
Sithis: hmmm
GM: Shoot. It should still be in Arganyev's hex, as Beltarne turned it.
GM: Thanks, Nate!
Singeon: I've had worse..
Sithis: success or not success?
Demon: Dodges Sithis [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [6,2,5] = 13 vs (9) or less Failure! by 4
Arganyev: you still have all your limbs, so : sure
Arganyev: base skill 18
Demon: You hit it! 2 more damage!

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Arganyev: this is going to take forever....
Sithis: and Singeon?
Singeon: So its not on me?
GM: Neither Singeon nor Arganyev was hit.
Arganyev: here he goes
Singeon: Dual Attacks
GM: Right - I miscounted hexes.
Arganyev: it is mine
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [4,5,3] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Sithis: OK :)
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [1,1,4] = 6 vs (15) or less Success! by 9
Singeon: I am good!
Singeon: Two possible
Arganyev: oh, Im alive... during this second at least
Demon: Dodges [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [4,5,5] = 14 vs (9) or less Failure! by 5 [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [6,3,2] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [5,3,2] = (10) cut
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [4,6,2] = (12) cut
Narrator: As the delvers rain blows on the skull, it begins to disperse, but it fights on.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [25] Arganyev)

Beltarne(Nate): moved, done
Beltarne(Nate): *Moved
Arganyev: Im afraid of that huge axe . . .
Narrator: Gorm's shield squeezed the skull...
GM: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
GM: [1d6] => [5] = (5)
Beltarne(Nate): choppy likes making new friends is all

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: hm?
Arganyev: what i happening?
Demon: oops, got ahead of myself. Hah!
Beltarne(Nate): heh, fun ye' floatin' monstrosity
Beltarne(Nate): *run
Arganyev: is the skull fleeing or ?
Demon: The demon wants to flee, but it's your action first, Arganyev.
Arganyev: OK, I attack the Skull, AoA+2 to damage
Arganyev: can I use the sword, or the shield?
GM: That won't help. you want double.
Demon: either, both.
Arganyev: OK, double!
Arganyev: double sword hit:
Arganyev: [3d6] => [6,3,6] = (15)
Arganyev: [3d6] => [2,1,2] = (5)
Arganyev: by 3, and by 13
Arganyev: the second hits, I think
Demon: Dodges [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [2,6,6] = 14 vs (9) or less Failure! by 5 [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (9) or less Failure! by 6
Arganyev: "Banish!"
Singeon: Disbelieve
Arganyev: 3 damage
Narrator: Arganyev's blade glows white, and slams the skull into the holy shield of Gorm. The skull's fire goes out, and a puddle of goo briefly drips to the floor before evaporating.
Singeon: Nice, friend.
Lenia(Harald): Woohoo!
GM: The skull is very dead.
Beltarne(Nate): I ain't afraid of no ghost
Arganyev: good!
Arganyev: very? that is enough
Singeon: Was that a bard;s song? Who you gonna call...?
Arganyev: haha
Sithis: but... why are there so many bodies in the floor, if the skull are so... feeble?
Beltarne(Nate): There's our group name
Beltarne(Nate): Ghost Busters!
Singeon: Feeble?
Lenia(Harald): "I think they were here for a while."
Sithis: I don't understand
Singeon: Only because I worked em down
Sithis: weak, feeble
Arganyev: well, we could have fled from here, but... what would be the strategy to follow in that case? Doesnt matter; we are here now, and all alive; Singeon maybe need some healing
Singeon: Dungeon Busters
GM: Singeon is in bad shape, yes.
Singeon: A bit
Beltarne(Nate): Okay, major healing for singeon
Singeon: That gas, hit for a loop right away
Arganyev: these skulls aren't weak, Sithis)
Singeon: I was going to retreat when you all came in.
** Lenia(Harald) shoots Singeon a glare. "Because WHO worked them down? And what's this --" she kicks at the torch, getting it away from the books "-- doing on the potentially valuable loot? Did you just forget that we were here to COLLECT Dunner's writings?" **
Sithis: well, I will think that
Beltarne(Nate): rolling major heal on singeon
Arganyev: they were very quick, agile, and near immune to normal damage, Sithis
Beltarne(Nate): Major Healing (Holy) (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,5,3] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
** Lenia(Harald) begins picking up and arranging the papers and books, muttering under her breath. **
Singeon: A distraction.
Beltarne(Nate): 8 HP healed, singeon
Singeon: Didn't work awnyway.
Beltarne(Nate): *slaps singeon in the back of the head* think of better distractions, moron
whispering to Singeon, you were going to distract the fire demons by burning stuff? okay...
Beltarne(Nate): preferrably one that doesn't send up 10,00 GP in smoke
Singeon: Thank you.
Beltarne(Nate): 10,000
** Arganyev helps Lenia to recollect the books and parchments, and BTW, takes looks at them **
Sithis: oh! I forgot because we are here... sorry
whispering to Singeon, by the way, you're sure that Beltarne and Lenia are conspiring to kill you now.
GM: Okay, folks.
Singeon: OOC: I thought is was a good try
GM: It's already late, and some of us are injured and have doctor's appointments in the morning.
Arganyev: Mark, I would like to know if in these books, are someone usable here by anyone with a Scholar Talent
Beltarne(Nate): good luck mark
GM: We can do the loot and plunder next week.
Arganyev: sure)
Lenia(Harald): Thanks very much for the game, Mark, and good luck with the doctor.
Sithis: I want read any book, then I will return
Singeon: Thanks Mark.
GM: Thanks.
Beltarne(Nate): sure, avoid any rabid rodents on the way to the doctors
Singeon: Thanks everyone
Arganyev: giant, and dire
Sithis: thanks mark
Singeon: We'll talk during the week For sure.
Demon: Everyone gets 2 CP for the Fearchildren, 1 for the Exorcism, 1 for finding the hidden room, and 1 for fighting 3 worth opponents.
Sithis: thanks at all, too, sure
Lenia(Harald): So 5 for the 2 sessions! Nice.
Singeon: Awesome
Sithis: happy!
Beltarne(Nate): I'll post the updated gear list on the site sometime this week
GM: oops - no CP for the Exorcism, you guys got cursed. Sorry. =( and Another from last session for the crushrooms.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.