FANDOM


Arganyev: or the only way is to we drop down through that chasm?
Arganyev: OK
Sithis: I agree
Sithis: i want to down by this chasm
Narrator: The delvers race down the corridor as the earth trembles. Behind them, the floor gives way and the ceiling collapses.
Lenia (Harald387): I was thinking we could try to get across.
Narrator: Ahead of them, a chasm of unknown size and depth. And strangely, a bright shining light, illuminating the way ahead.
Arganyev: if there are a path across the chasm, we should jump over
GM: ((Please don't overwhelm me!))
Thog: Looky! Pretty light!
Sithis: OK, I agree too, but--- we know the distance the chasm?;
Singeon: How far across? I cannot tel.
Arganyev: the light comes from ahead, so we go ahead
Arganyev: well, good question
GM: In answer to questions - no one has gotten a good enough look at the chasm to know what's on the other side, or the chasm depth.
Singeon: Like moths to the flame, I warn.
Arganyev: I look
Arganyev: I go and look
GM: You're not sure if the cracks continue on the other side. And you're kind of busy right now, running for your lives and being eaten by wasp swarms.
GM: For those of you who have forgotten, we are in combat time right now.
GM: Okay?
Singeon: I guess we have to stop running at the edge.
Singeon: Okay
Sithis: I don't ask by the depth, but the distance (in horizontal) at other side
Arganyev: to the other side
GM: You'll have to get closer to check. I'll tell you when you know.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Arganyev: OK
whispering to Thog, What are you up to? by the way, you're carrying about 90 lbs of book in a sack.
Sithis: Thog??
Thog: I run?
Arganyev: don't be abusive, he is heavily bitten
GM: Thank you! Done?
Thog: Yup

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: I run just behind Lenia
Sithis: done
Arganyev: people, write ### at the end of the turn)
GM: The chasm looks wide - more than 8 yards.
Sithis: thanks Mark)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: I move
Singeon: ###
Arganyev: Beltarne moves, too
GM: Again, wide chasm. It looks like the tunnel continues on the far side, and there's a light illuminating it.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Beltarne: "I nae be likin this! We got tae be crossing that chasm!"
Beltarne: run, Hasted by Lenia.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I run forward, to the start of the chasm it if is possible
Arganyev: ###

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Lenia (Harald387): Again with the running. Oy vey.
Lenia (Harald387): Done.
GM: You can definitely see across the chasm. There's a broad ledge, and another tunnel, which is illuminated by some light you can't see. The chasm is about 8 yards across, and very tall to the ceiling and deep to the ground - you can't see it.
GM: There is a crack running across the ceiling, left to right, and the ceiling on the far side of the crack isn't shaking.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Singeon: So there is no landing across from us?
GM: No, there's a ledge/landing across from you. Sorry if I was unclear.
Singeon: OK
Arganyev: the ledge is our salvation
Generic Monster: The wasp swarm chases Thog and bites him a lot, doing 1 point of damage.
Generic Monster: Another wasp swarm chases Sithis, and gets her another damage.
Thog: How many HP am I at? And that is 1 point AFTER DR, right?
Sithis: hehe I don't know for the big Tog, hehe)
Arganyev: I don't have the register of how many HP&FP do we have)
Generic Monster: You've taken 9 hits, Thog. Damage is after DR (Swarms are Cosmic to non-sealed DR).
GM: Hits taken: Arg 3, Bel 1, Thog 9, Lenia 2, Singeon 7, Sithis 6.
Generic Monster: The rats continue chasing.
Arganyev: ok
Generic Monster: A swarm of bats flies after Singeon and bites at him [1d6] => [2] = (2)
GM: His armor prevents their teeth from penetrating.
Thog: Singeon has sealed armour?
Singeon: No
Singeon: I got leather
GM: Wasps penetrate armor, bats and rats bite through armor. Sorry, was completely unclear and actually incorrect.
GM: Only insects are cosmic to unsealed DR.
Thog: Check
Singeon: Did iI get hit. Sorry.
GM: You got hit, but took no damage.
Singeon: TY
Narrator: As the delvers reach the edge of the chasm, they hear more rocks fall behind them.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

** Thog readies himself for a running jump **
GM: It takes a Jumping skill of 16 to cross an 8 yard chasm.
GM: Just for planning purposes.
Thog: ...
GM: You're running broad jump distance is 6 yards...
Thog: Reach?
GM: Maybe with extra effort.
Thog: Extra Effort! Yeah! That's the ticket!
Lenia (Harald387): You've just run 7 yards, correct?
whispering to Thog, Don't you wish you were still the leprechaun?
Thog: 5 this turn, 7 last
GM: Where you going with that, Harald?
Lenia (Harald387): Trying to figure out the formula.
Lenia (Harald387): (Or, rather, trying to figure out what *my* distance is for later. Sorry.)
GM: Dungeons, p 7, "Jumping." Or the conveninently precalculated value is on the character spreadsheets. =)

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: sorry, I was llooking the map
Sithis: I run aalll I can
GM: there?
Sithis: done and TY
Sithis: right

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Arganyev: at the limit of the chams , I guess
GM: It's getting crowded.
Singeon: I ewant to make a running broad jump. I think I am at 6 feet if I do it. What does extra effort give me?
Singeon: that was 6 yars, sorry
GM: You start at 3 yards 'cause of armor. Extra effort will give you a total of 4, maybe 5 yards. you'll arc nicely and hit the far cliff wall well below the tunnel, then drop into darkness and presumable death.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Singeon: I am at encumrance 0.
GM: Sorry, I misread who was talking. That's for Arganyev. Dunno why I said that or moved his figure.
Singeon: I can jump 19 feet
Arganyev: hm?
GM: You can probably make it in 1 go with a Jumping check.
Singeon: Okay
Sithis: the subconscience?
Singeon: [3d6] => [5,1,6] = (12)
Singeon: Made by 3
Narrator: Singeon leaps into space!
Singeon: I NEVER MISS, I yell
Sithis: and??
Arganyev: success?
GM: Dunno, he doesn't land until next turn =)
whispering to Singeon, There's a new map - can you see it?
Singeon: Tease.
Arganyev: that is suspense
Beltarne: "Laddie! Watch yeself!" Beltarne readies his grapnel.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I try to walk through the ledge for reaching the other half of the chasm
Arganyev: I cant afford a jump
Arganyev: what must I do , Mark?
** Singeon crosses the chasm is cinematic slow motion, like a Michael Jordan ad or something. JUST DO IT! **
GM: You're standing on the ledge, looking at Singeon as he hurtles across. You can't make the jump. You'll have to think of something else.
Arganyev: walking through the ledge, is my choice
Arganyev: to reach the other part where there are no cracks
GM: I have no idea what you mean.
Arganyev: hm....
GM: AH, yes, the two ledges don't connect. So you can't do that.
Arganyev: what is the distance between both ledges?
Arganyev: I only remember a single ledge
GM: There's a very deep drop where Sithis and Thog are standing, and an 8 yard jump to the far ledge.
Arganyev: "You can definitely see across the chasm. There's a broad ledge, and another tunnel, which is illuminated by some light you can't see."
Arganyev: You can definitely see across the chasm. There's a broad ledge, and another tunnel, which is illuminated by some light you can't see.
Arganyev: ok, I grab the limit of the floor and I hang for an horizontal climb to the other side
Arganyev: it that is ok!
Arganyev: it that is ok!+
Arganyev: *if
Thog: HT (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,5,1] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Thog: Oops. Sorry
GM: Uhm. Arganyev, that isn't going to work. The chasm goes East-west, the two ledges are north-south.
Sithis: I didnt know two ledges.. I dont understand the map---
Arganyev: so my only choice is to go down..
Lenia (Harald387): Or to wait for Beltarne and his rope.
GM: The map shows the limit of the tunnel - the point where Thog and Sithis are at, that's the end of the tunnel and the south ledge.
Arganyev: ok! I wait
Arganyev: I wait for Beltarne
GM: 8 yards away, to the north, on a different map, is the north ledge.
GM: Okay, Arganyev. Thanks!

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Arganyev: thxs
Lenia (Harald387): I'm taking a moment to study things around me and see if I can figure out how much longer we have before this all lands on our heads.
Lenia (Harald387): Prospecting (Default, IQ-5): [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [5,5,4] = 14 vs (11) or less Failure! by 3
Lenia (Harald387): Luck!
Sithis: then, the legge is a bridge?
Lenia (Harald387): Prospecting (Default, IQ-5): [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [1,4,3] = 8 vs (11) or less Success! by 3
Lenia (Harald387): That'll do.
whispering to Lenia (Harald387), You have at least 15 seconds.
Arganyev: tht is better
Sithis: really is a bridge between two tunnels?
GM: There is no bridge, only a chasm.
Arganyev: that is, Sithis; no bridge
Lenia (Harald387): Done.
Sithis: then, where are the two ledge?
GM: The second ledge isn't on this map.
Lenia (Harald387): "We've got about fifteen seconds, everyone. Let's not have anyone fall into darkness, eh?"
Sithis: OK. I don't understand,but doesn't matter)
GM: Notice the new drawing in red?
Thog: No...
Arganyev: there is
GM: okay.
Sithis: yes
Thog: Okay
GM: You guys are on the left side, where my arrow is.
Arganyev: the ledge is actually the other side were Singeon grounded, Sithis
Sithis: then the ledge is the floor!
GM: Yes.
Sithis: :)
GM: There's a chasm, and then another ledge.
Sithis: I understand
GM: okay.
GM: sorry if that was unclear.
Sithis: Thank you.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Arganyev: graphic displays are the best when the ceiling is failing down ;)
Sithis: was my fault, my English....)
Generic Monster: bats bite Lenia! [1d6] => [6] = (6) DR4
GM: owch.
Arganyev: that hurts
Lenia (Harald387): Ow, my Low Pain Threshold. Scream and flail.
Thog: "They're in my HAIR!"
GM: wasps descend on Beltarne and Arganyev, penetrating their armor and biting them a lot for 1 point each. Rats close in on the group in a carpet of red eyes.
Narrator: Behind the delvers, more rumbling as the floor collapses.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Thog: SUPER-OGRE-RUNNING-JUMP!
Thog: HT (15) [3d6.skill(15,-3)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Narrator: roll it.
Sithis: Thog, don't jump, please,perhaps the others need of your help
GM: He's gone, hurtling in the air.
Singeon: He gonna crush me, ain't he?
Thog: Yup
GM: Likely.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Thog: Trebuchet-ball!
Sithis: well. but we need a bit of coordination more, I think
Sithis: hmmm Is Thog in the other side?
GM: He'll land next turn, just like Singeon.
Sithis: Then, he can trow a robe just here
Singeon: A bath robe
Thog: Do you have a cold?
Thog: :)
Sithis: cold?
GM: What are you doing, Sithis?
Sithis: I trow my robe to Thog
Arganyev: extra effort can be of help for reaching longer
GM: You'll need to get it out, first. Stop and grab it?
Sithis: then I move through the rope
GM: You ready your rope, stopping your panicked run.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: I land safely and win the game!
Sithis: OK
Narrator: Singeon touches down on the far side, safely.
Thog: Safe is such a relative term...
Arganyev: jump back and try again!
GM: You're on map CM-8, by the way.
Singeon: I want to acrobatic roll out of anyones way that may land on me
GM: Sure, all-out defense and a turn. I'm good with it.
Singeon: Acrobatics (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,6,6] = 18 vs (15) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
GM: Using luck or character points?
Singeon: Did you not want me to make an acrobatics roll?
Singeon: Luck
Singeon: Acrobatics (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,3,1] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Singeon: Acrobatics (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
GM: No, I'm totally good with that.
GM: okay, you'll be dodgy at +5.
Singeon: Cool.
Singeon: ###
GM: You land and flip to see what's coming - mainly, Thog.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

** Singeon rolls in a flashy way! **
Arganyev: The Ogre Menace
Beltarne: Beltarne aims at the crevice in the ceiling. "Aye, I think we can be daeing this, if we stay calm."

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Lenia (Harald387): "You try staying calm THEY ARE EATING ME MAKE THEM STOP!"
Beltarne: "Aye, I thought that be the natural order of things?"
Arganyev: I wait for Beltarne's work while attack the swarm of rats
GM: okay, you beat up some rats.
Arganyev: Im the best
GM: You disperse them by stepping on them and cutting some up.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

GM: you're at -6 on all actions, remember.
Lenia (Harald387): -6? O.o
GM: -3, doubled?
Arganyev: O.o.uch
Lenia (Harald387): -2 doubled, I thought? No matter!
GM: 2 points of cutting through DR is 3 damage.
Lenia (Harald387): I flail at bats with my staff. In an all-out, determined manner.
GM: Yeah, I can see that.
Lenia (Harald387): [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [5,6,2] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
Lenia (Harald387): Done!
GM: Your mad flailing, though not well targetted, nevertheless cannot help hitting a couple of the bats, and their frail bodies fall to the ground.
Beltarne: "Hey! Watch where yae be swingin that thing, lassie!"
whispering to Lenia (Harald387), okay, you're right, 1 point of damage got through because you're DR5. Sorry about that.
Arganyev: you aren't a fragile bodie, Beltarne
Arganyev: body*
Sithis: take care, we are here till

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

GM: bats keep biting Lenia [1d6] => [3] = (3) DR5
Generic Monster: wasps continue biting Arganyev and Beltarne, again for 1 damage each.
Arganyev: argh
Narrator: More rocks fall behind you.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Narrator: Thog lands near Singeon's twisting body.
GM: Singeon, make a Dodge check at a net +5 or get slammed by Thog.
Arganyev: the Ogre Menace (2º)
Singeon: sorry, i sec
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,5)] => [4,4,1] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8
GM: No problem.
** Singeon makes a ballet like dodge into a perfect pirouette. **
GM: Thog, what are you up to after you land?
Thog: Standing up?
GM: okay, you stick the landing and prevent yourself from running into a wall.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: If it¡s ready the rope of Beltarne, I walk by the rope, Or I jump at the other side with the rope of Beltarne like Lenia
Arganyev: I remember the beautiful days, before these Thunderclaps... All was so easy, our lives so comfortable...
Sithis: it is ready?
GM: No, he's about to throw it, and then you'll have to swing across, anyway.
GM: want to do anything while waiting?
Sithis: yes, attack critters
Lenia (Harald387): "It's not my fault notbody noticed the cavern was unstable! Get these bats off me!"
Arganyev: I wasn't speaking, only thinking)
Singeon: accidentally moved me
Sithis: yes, help Lenia with hers bats
GM: You carve up more of the bats.
Sithis: done
GM: There are noticeably less bats swarming Lenia.
GM: but there are still some there.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: I step and face down the corridor, readying my sabres, looking out for the ambush I know in my heart is there.
Singeon: I cant move my fig
Singeon: Thank you.
Singeon: ###
Arganyev: your token is in CM7, too
Arganyev: ogh, forget it)
GM: You see - a door. Light shines from above, from no visible source. It's just bright, like daylight.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Singeon: Magical, maybe?
Arganyev: its no more than your own spotlight, Singeon
Beltarne: Beltarne throws the grapnel. [3d6.skill(13,2)] => [3,3,2] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7
Singeon: LOL
Beltarne: "Aha! Nae we have a way tae get tae safety!"
GM: The grapnel is wedged in the crack above.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: Can I grab the rope, then?
Arganyev: for swinging myself to the other side?
GM: You're quite a bit away from it. you're really heavy. you have a sense of duty to Lenia and Sithis. So yes, you could, but no, you'd feel like a jerk.
Arganyev: I wait for them being safe
GM: doing anything else?
Arganyev: smacking critters
Sithis: no, there are two companions in the other side, what about them?
GM: which critters you smacking, Arganyev.
Arganyev: bats
** Arganyev almost goes to "the other side" **
whispering to Sithis, They've landed safely and are standing guard on the far side.
GM: you step forward and slash with shield and sword, battering the bats out of the sky.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Lenia (Harald387): Fast-draw a potion of Paut, and ready it for drinking. "Sithis should go first, she's lightest."
GM: roll wizard. you keep taking that potion out.
Lenia (Harald387): Wizard! (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,2,3] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Lenia (Harald387): I've already used one. =/
Lenia (Harald387): Done!

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: wasps bite Arganyev and Beltarne for 1 damage each.
Sithis: why Lenia doesn't cross the other side?;
Narrator: In the background, even more rocks fall.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Lenia (Harald387): You should go first, Sithis, you're lighter.
Sithis: why?
Thog: READY: may step; any defend {B366}, Longbow [3d6.skill(18,0)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (18) or less Success! by 3
Thog: ###
Arganyev: Sithis, please swing yourself to the other side

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: now, I swing myself and such
Sithis: at last, I cross the other side, done
Arganyev: wait for GM word
GM: hang on - roll acrobatics to not drop the rope.
Sithis: ah
GM: or pull it loose or whatever.
Sithis: [3d6] => [5,2,6] = (13)
Arganyev: skill 15
Sithis: success!
GM: you swing across, landing next to Thog.
Sithis: or not?;
GM: switch to map CM-8 as you cross.
Sithis: OK

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: Do nothing
Singeon: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

GM: "Throw back the rope, ye moon crazed elf!" swat wasps with hands and shield.
Beltarne: "Throw back the rope, ye moon crazed elf!" swat wasps with hands and shield.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: smacking more Lenia bats, or wasps if there is nothing more
Arganyev: ###
GM: no more bats on Lenia. The wasps on you, or Beltarne?
Arganyev: on me
GM: okay.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Lenia (Harald387): Wait for Sithis to throw back the rope, and try to catch it - unless that's Beltarne's action, in which case I wait for him.
Lenia (Harald387): Done.
GM: No, it'll be your action, he's swatting wasps.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

GM: wasps bite Arganyev and Beltarne for 1 damage each.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Thog: AIM: may step; if defend, negates aim; if injured, roll vs. Will; crossbow/firearm +1 for bracing {B366}, Longbow [3d6.skill(18,0)] => [2,3,1] = 6 vs (18) or less Critical Success! by 12 [B556]
Thog: ###
GM: what are you aiming at?
Thog: Other side
GM: you draw a bead on Beltarne.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Thog: That works
Sithis: I trow the rope to Lenia, and then I spot around me for discover the origen of the light
Sithis: the origin*
Sithis: can I in the same turn?
GM: yes, you can.
Sithis: oh, better, I move a bit for left space for the others
GM: The light is magic and is coming from a point above the door.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Singeon: Concentrate maneuver. Singeon concentrates on how amazing he is.
Sithis: OK
Singeon: ###
GM: well. You do that.
Lenia (Harald387): My wait is triggered by Sithis throwing the rope?

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

GM: Yes, you grab the rope.
GM: Uhm - make a DX check.
Lenia (Harald387): [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,2,4] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Beltarne: "Get your magic-using tail over, lassie!" Beltarne bashes wasps.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I sheathe my sword, but shield bash the critters -wasps
GM: One or the other.
Arganyev: sheathe the sword
GM: okay.
GM: that takes 2 actions, by the rules.
GM: so you ready to sheathe.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Arganyev: OK, done
GM: DX-2 to cross on the rope.
Lenia (Harald387): I don't have Acrobatics and I'm not sure I trust DX at a penalty; if I use a ready action to secure my grip, can I get +2?
GM: Sure, I think Kromm's guidelines are harsh.
GM: You doing that?
Lenia (Harald387): Aye. Ready for a secure grip on the rope.
Arganyev: secure grips out of combat actions or weapons? hm
Lenia (Harald387): Done!

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: more biting actions from the wasps.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Arganyev: Im waiting for my damage point
Generic Monster: take it!
Arganyev: thanks!! :-\
GM: I'm going to drop people out of the order as they cross over to speed this up a bit.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Beltarne: "Lassie, we dae not have the time for your nymphy tricks!" Continues smashing wasps.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: sheathing the weapon
Arganyev: ###
GM: it's sheathed.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Lenia (Harald387): Swing across!
GM: DX roll!
Lenia (Harald387): [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [5,3,3] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Arganyev: luck!
Arganyev: OK
GM: you land easily on the far side.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Generic Monster: bite, and bite, 1 damage to Beltare and Arganyev.
Sithis: remember trow back the rope
Narrator: More rocks fall from the ceiling.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Singeon: Sithis, move up and look for traps.
Singeon: They may have a light on, but I doubt it is a Motel 5.
Beltarne: "Grab the rope, ye big lummox! I've got the wasps."
Beltarne: Beltarne kills the last of the wasps in his hex.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Lenia (Harald387): Adventurers check in, but they don't check out?
Arganyev: I smash critters
Singeon: LOL
Arganyev: ###

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)

Lenia (Harald387): Toss the rope back to the other side.
GM: Hmm...
GM: okay.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Generic Monster: Bite Arganyev for 1 damage.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Generic Monster: "Dammit, laddie! Grab the rope!" He smashes wasps on Arganyev.
Beltarne: "Dammit, laddie! Grab the rope!" He smashes wasps on Arganyev.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: but the rope is here?
Arganyev: isnt?
GM: Well, you weren't waiting for it, so DX check at -2 to catch it.
Arganyev: for Beltarne
Arganyev: I was waiting for Beltarne crossing first
GM: well, someone needs to catch the rope or it will swing back into the chasm and you can figure out a new way to get across.
Arganyev: ok:
Arganyev: [3d6] => [3,4,2] = (9)
Arganyev: success by 4
Sithis: by 2
GM: You frantically grab the rope as it pulls back (success by 2, -2 penalty!) and need to make a ST check or overbalance and start into the chasm early.
Arganyev: by 2 after the difficulty
Arganyev: [3d6] => [2,5,6] = (13)
Arganyev: by 0
GM: Okay, you brace yourself.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] critters)


3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> critters
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Generic Monster: Bite Beltarne!

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Beltarne: "That's the last of them buggers." Beltarne smashes wasps. "But we should be hurryin if we dae not want tae be making our peace with Moradin below early."

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] critters)



Arganyev: I swing to the other side, or at least I try to do it
GM: DX at -2.
Arganyev: [3d6] => [6,3,3] = (12)
Arganyev: fail by 1
GM: well, you had a bad start, and swing out into the chasm, but don't quite make it to the far side. like a pendulum, you swing back.
Sithis: then?;
GM: you'll spend your next turn doing that.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Arganyev: Im a pendulum
Arganyev: Help me, B
Beltarne: "Nae, laddy, that's not the way!" [3d6.skill(12,-1)] => [1,5,6] = 12 vs (11) or less Failure! by 1
Arganyev: push me to the other side
Sithis: Beltarne! grabs Arganyev!
Beltarne: Beltarne attempts to push you or grab you or something but doesn't manage.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Thog: Tie rope to arrow, Thog Shoot Arganyev, pull him this side!
Thog: Yes?
Arganyev: Í try to take impulse for swinging myself
GM: DX check at -2 to land on the south lip, DX-3 to just push off and make it back to the other side.
Arganyev: impulse forward
Sithis: Thog, badguy, you could must cross the last...
whispering to Thog, Good plan!
Arganyev: -3
Arganyev: [3d6] => [2,6,1] = (9)
Arganyev: success
GM: Arganyev twists around and kicks off the cliff wall with both feet, regaining precious speed.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

** Arganyev passes to "the other side" **
Thog: I know what each of those words mean, individually...
Beltarne: "Dae not be playing around! This be serious!"

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

GM: DX check at -1 to land on the far side.
Arganyev: I throw the rope to Beltarne
Arganyev: "hurry!"
GM: DX check at -1 first.
Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,1,6] = (11)
Thog: DX (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,2,5] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
GM: As you swing in, Thog drops his bow and grabs you. You are pulled safely to the ground.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne

** Arganyev passes to "the other side".9 **
Beltarne: DX to grab the rope [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [5,6,1] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Sithis: thx Thog :)
Arganyev: thanks, Thog :)
Beltarne: Ready action to get a good grip.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne

Beltarne: Swing across [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [1,1,5] = 7 vs (12) or less Success! by 5
Sithis: hi Beltarne!
Arganyev: wow
Sithis: can now we spot around us?;
Narrator: After a few tense moments, the delvers crossed the chasm ahead of the collapsing ceiling. Behind them, rocks drop from the top of the tunnel, half filling it and pulverizing anything beneath.
GM: we're out of combat time.
GM: You're in a tunnel.
Arganyev: and a bit wounded, in general
GM: There's a door - wooden, iron bound.
GM: a light shines above it.
** Thog examines the door **
Singeon: Perhaps we should Thunderclap the door? Good idea?
Thog: NO!
GM: the tunnel on the far side is half filled with rocks, but could be passable with difficult if you wanted to go back.
Arganyev: why?
Sithis: how many tall is the door above us?;
Sithis: or is in the floor?;
Arganyev: how much*
Singeon: I like the excitement, Arganyev.
Arganyev: I was answering Thog!
Singeon: Any writing?
Beltarne: "Aye, that was a right mess that we only got through with the grace of the Bronze Mask hisself." He starts casting healing spells and quickly exhausts himself. Thog and Arganyev heal 8 points; Lenia, Sithis, and Singeon heal 6.
Sithis: The GM was say: the door was in the ceiling, if I remember well
Arganyev: Thog is very wounded, the myself, and the others too (by damage order)
Arganyev: then*
GM: Beltarne is unconscious from fatigue and GM annoyance.
Singeon: Thank you.
Arganyev: lol
Singeon: You are a good man, Beltarne.
Arganyev: thanks Beltarne
GM: The tunnel is just slightly taller than Thog. The door is a normal door, slightly taller than Arganyev. It has Polisberg hallmarks on it.
** Thog pokes the door with his staff. **
Singeon: Is he really down?
GM: You hear a sharp hissing sound, like someone drawing in breath, from the far side, but nothing else.
GM: Yes, he's really down, and yes, I'm really annoyed.
Lenia (Harald387): "I'm worried about what's on the other side of that door."
** Thog pokes the door again. **
** Arganyev unsheathes the sword **
** Singeon suggest we rest here, to get him back on his feet. **
Singeon: I'm glad you are seeing things my way, Lenia.
Singeon: They are out to get us, you know.
Sithis: I agree with wait Beltarne recovering
GM: You guys hear faint clinking noises, like someone getting their gear ready.
Arganyev: ok, I agree about resting here, if cracks aren't pursuing us now
Singeon: Wait, quiet.
Lenia (Harald387): "I don't think we have time to rest, people. A charge out that door could push us into the chasm."
Singeon: We may not have a choice
Sithis: I hide
** Thog Thog knocks on the door. **
GM: By the way, no amount of resting will allow Beltarne to return to you. He's out of it, now. I mean, unless Nate shows up... then he'll be fine.
Thog: Hello? Youse there?
Arganyev: I wait
Sithis: haha
Singeon: I am en guard
GM: No one responds.
GM: At the door, I mean.
Sithis: Thog, can you trow down the door?;
Thog: Hello?
** Thog Knocks again **
Singeon: Candygram!
Arganyev: be educated
Lenia (Harald387): Have I got time to pull out a fresh vial of Paut? I really need the energy back.
Thog: ...
GM: Sure, we're not on combat time.
Thog: Gold delivery!
Singeon: I don't need to be a tactical expert to know we lost the element of surprise here.
GM: Lenia drinks paut while Thog and Singeon pester the door.
Sithis: I go to the door too
Thog: "Thog got delivery of shiny gold out here! Come get it!"
Sithis: can I open the door?
** Thog winks to Singeon **
Sithis: Im thief
Singeon: Pick it, Sithis?
GM: It doesn't seem to be locked, so it is quite easy for Sithis to open it.
Sithis: yes, I open the door
** Singeon smiles at Thog. "Good try." **
Sithis: Enter then
Sithis: I enter in
Arganyev: we enter
Singeon: Im going!
Sithis: I enter more in
GM: hey, crack monkeys - calm down a second while the GM explains what's going on.
Singeon: I double enter.
Thog: "Crack monkeys?"
Narrator: The delvers stepped into a room, apparently molded out of the living stone.
Singeon: Monster Manual V: South Central Creatures, I believe
Narrator: It is well lit by magical light, and the floor is covered with soft rugs.
Narrator: On one of them lies a badly decayed body, likely of a human male.
Narrator: Next to the body is a 9' tall, 6 armed woman with the lower body of a snake. She carries a large shield, a spear held in two hands across her body, a whip, and two throwing darts. Her tail lashes the ground behind her.
Demon: "No closer come!" she growls, hefting the darts.
whispering to Lenia (Harald387), Though this looks something like a Peshkali, it's actually a variant demon beast. You can't kill it's arms. You need to cut off the tail and the head. Also, don't get close - it has a stinking breath.
whispering to Arganyev, This is a peshkali. it's a guardian demon. you can't kill it until you cut off the arms. it the meantime, it will kill you.
GM: well. combat has begun.
GM: what are people up to?

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

** Thog shoots snake-lady. **
GM: make an attack roll.
Thog: ALL-OUT ATTACK: Determined (+4 to hit melee; +1 ranged); move up to 1/2 (forward only); no defend {B365}, Longbow [3d6.skill(18,-3)] => [1,4,1] = 6 vs (15) or less Success! by 9
Demon: Block [3d6.skill(13,2)] => [2,6,3] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Thog: [2d8+8] => [3,4,8] = (15)
Thog: Grr
GM: She contemptuously bats your arrow aside with her shield.
Lenia (Harald387): "The head and the tail need to be cut off to bring her down. Don't get too close, she can be foul!"

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

GM: roll stealth -5 to be hidden, Sithis.
Sithis: [3d6] => [6,6,4] = (16)
Sithis: I don't find stealth in my paper..
Sithis: I don't know how many stealth I have..
GM: you fail. what are you doing?
Sithis: I move by the room, spotting the room
GM: okay, move up to 6 yards from the door way.
Sithis: ok

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Singeon: Question: My rapier is 2.75, the spear is 4 pounds, so I can parry without breaking?
Sithis: are something there?;
GM: yes.
Sithis: what?;
Singeon: Thank you.. I move
Singeon: ###
whispering to Sithis, No one responds, but there's some weird magical markings on the floor.
Sithis: sorry, I confused

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: Heroic Feat: Strength:
Arganyev: [1d6] => [4] = (4)
Arganyev: my strength now is 17
GM: you're strong!
Arganyev: I move, covering with my shield agains her darts
GM: all-out defense or move?
Arganyev: all out defense
GM: okay - dodge or block?
Arganyev: half move
GM: dodge it is.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Demon)

Arganyev: ###
Lenia (Harald387): Cast Lightning for 3d - 2 FP, one from me and the last from my Power Item.
GM: okay. roll it.
Lenia (Harald387): Lightning (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [5,4,3] = 12 vs (17) or less Success! by 5 for [2] => 2 FP.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Demon
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Demon: "Fools!" she throws two darts at Thog [3d6.skill(18,-3)] => [2,3,3] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7 [3d6.skill(18,-3)] => [2,1,5] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7 , snaps her whip at Singeon [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [2,3,2] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7 , and fast-draws two more darts [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [1,2,4] = 7 vs (16) or less Success! by 9 [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,1,1] = 4 vs (16) or less Critical Success! [B556]
Demon: Thog takes [2d6+1] => [3,4,1] = (8)[2d6+1] => [5,1,1] = (7) DR2 impaling damage.
Demon: for a total for 26 points and a major wound.
Thog: Oof!
** Singeon Acrobatic Dodges **
Arganyev: damn
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
GM: roll it, Singeon.
GM: okay, you dodge the whip.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,2)] => [3,6,4] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1
GM: barely.
Singeon: First was acrobatics
Singeon: thank you
** Singeon gives a knowing smile to the demon. **
Demon: she throws two darts at Arganyev [3d6.skill(18, -3)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2 [3d6.skill(18,-3)] => [4,3,5] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Arganyev: what are my defenses=
GM: block and dodge, usually.
Arganyev: I was in AoD
Arganyev: [3d6] => [6,2,6] = (14)
Arganyev: block
Arganyev: [3d6] => [3,5,6] = (14)
Arganyev: failed dodge, I think
GM: your block is good. the dodge is a failure. [2d6+1] => [5,6,1] = (12) DR6 impaling.
GM: you take 12 damage!
Arganyev: ow!
GM: major wound, roll for HT for stun!
Arganyev: [3d6] => [6,2,5] = (13)
Arganyev: success
Thog: HT (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,6,5] = 17 vs (15) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Thog: Nighty-night
Thog: Weeee....Thunk!
GM: Thog looks down at the blood pouring from his chest and collapses.
Arganyev: what darts are these! OMG
GM: But the demon is not holding her shield up anymore.
GM: ... actually, Thog gets +3 for HPT, so that was a non-critical failure and he's just stunned.
Arganyev: that is good, ok!
Thog: HPT?
GM: he does fall down, though.
Lenia (Harald387): High Pain Threshold.
Arganyev: high pain threshold
GM: Right.
Thog: Haha!
GM: [3d6.skill(12,3)] => [1,1,6] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

GM: Thog is stunned. roll HT+3 to recover at the end of the round.
Thog: HT (15) [3d6.skill(15,+3)] => [1,6,6] = 13 vs (18) or less Success! by 5
Thog: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: I find a marks in the floor, a magical marks
GM: True, but not necessarily helpful.
GM: what are you doing now?
Sithis: then I try erased these
GM: they're permanently painted into the floor. No good.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Sithis: oh, better: I go to the marks and enter in the circle
Singeon: Heroic Surge (-1 FP), then feint, then attack
GM: intriguing.
Sithis: hey! i enter in the circle!
Singeon: OK so far?
Sithis: OK
whispering to Sithis, Nothing happens.
GM: Right. roll your feint.
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (22) or less Success! by 12
Singeon: Not bad
Demon: [3d6.skill(18,0)] => [5,2,6] = 13 vs (18) or less Success! by 5
Singeon: Attack neck, swinging
Demon: You anticipate her parry and avoid it. roll your attack.
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-5)] => [4,3,4] = 11 vs (17) or less Success! by 6
Singeon: Neck by 6!
Singeon: Shes at -7
Demon: parry with spear held as a staff in a defensive grip [3d6.skill(15,-7)] => [1,2,3] = 6 vs (8) or less Success! by 2
Singeon: I use luck
GM: she gets her spear in the way.
GM: okay.
Demon: parry with spear held as a staff in a defensive grip [3d6.skill(15,-7)] => [5,3,6] = 14 vs (8) or less Failure! by 6
Demon: parry with spear held as a staff in a defensive grip [3d6.skill(15,-7)] => [4,2,4] = 10 vs (8) or less Failure! by 2
Singeon: I impulsively use luck lol
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [6,6,2] = (14) cut
GM: but you cut over it and slash her neck! roll damage.
Arganyev: great!
GM: wow. doubled for the neck, right? yikes.
Arganyev: go for a decapitation!
Singeon: Me or her?
Arganyev: you
Arganyev: roll, roll damage!
Singeon: I did
Singeon: Maxed it
Arganyev: aha
GM: sorry, had to look up a metric butt ton of rules there.
Arganyev: 14
Singeon: That what GURPS is all about
Thog: I believe that's metric butte-tonne
GM: you carve through her neck. no blood comes out. she doesn't even look particular inconvenienced. what you can see of the inside of her neck - and that's a lot - is a solid mass of flesh without a tube for the throat or a spine.
GM: ((good one, Thog!))
GM: You are creeped out.
Singeon: She's stilll up?
Singeon: Damn!!!!
GM: she's not even slowed down.
Singeon: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: Heroic Charge, and Attack
whispering to Arganyev, you have to cripple all of a Peshkali's arms before you can kill it. and you have to beat it up a bunch before you do that.
GM: okay.
Arganyev: is my move OK?
GM: sure!
Arganyev: skill 18, 19 against demons!
Arganyev: [3d6] => [5,3,2] = (10)
Arganyev: by 9
Demon: okay, she shifts the staff and parries with it, again [3d6.skill(15,-2)] => [4,6,3] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
Arganyev: swinging sword
Arganyev: ouch! damn! xD
GM: she parries.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Demon)

Lenia (Harald387): Concentrate, adding 3 more FP to the Lightning Bolt (6d now).
GM: well.
Lenia (Harald387): Done.
GM: how much fatigue does that leave you?
Lenia (Harald387): 5, 1 point over the 1/3 mark.
GM: okay, that's what I thought.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Demon
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Demon: the demon yowls with anger and fast draws two swords over her shoulders [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [4,2,2] = 8 vs (17) or less Success! by 9 [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [1,3,2] = 6 vs (17) or less Critical Success! by 11 [B556]
Arganyev: her head is in he floor?
GM: No... she wasn't even close to getting decapitated.
Arganyev: or it is hanging?
Arganyev: OK
Demon: she shifts the grip on her spear/staff to use it as a spear and stabs Singeon, then cuts at both Arganyev and Singeon, 1 sword per, and then sweeps her tail around to trip Arganyev. All attacks but the tail are deceptive, -4/-2. spear: [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [6,1,1] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6 ; sword to singeon [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [1,1,3] = 5 vs (14) or less Success! by 9  ; sword to Arganyev [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [2,1,6] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5 ; tail sweep ([3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [6,6,6] = 18 vs (11) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Demon: [3d6.crit_miss()] => [6,2,6] = 14 A swung weapon flies from hand 6 yards (50% chance straight forward/backward) anyone on the target of the flying weapon makes a DX roll or takes half-damage; a thrust or ranged weapon is dropped (& a cheap weapon breaks). [B556]
Demon: [3d6.crit_unarm()] => [2,4,4] = 10 You lose your balance; you can do nothing else (not even free actions) until next turn, and all defenses -2 until next turn. [B557]
Singeon: Defend: Saber L Parry( 17F): [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [4,2,5] = 11 vs (17) or less Success! by 6
Demon: The tail sweep causes her to rock and she is off balance.
GM: two defenses for Singeon, 1 for Arganyev
Arganyev: how many of her attacks I receive?
Arganyev: in total
GM: 1 sword cut.
Singeon: what kind of sword?
Arganyev: I parry (16)
Arganyev: [3d6] => [6,4,5] = (15)
GM: broadsword like thing.
Arganyev: ooops
Arganyev: I have +1 for Higher Purpose, it was 17
GM: you fail - she was deceptive. take [3d6+3] => [2,3,1,3] = (9) DR6 cutting damage.
GM: 4 more points of damage. you are slowed due to damage.
Arganyev: failed for 1... hm
Arganyev: OK
Singeon: Defend: Saber R Parry (17F): [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [5,1,2] = 8 vs (17) or less Success! by 9
Singeon: Made both
GM: Singeon, you can't parry - you moved and attacked, remember
Singeon: Heroic surge, remember
Lenia (Harald387): It's still a move and attack.
Arganyev: that is Heroic Surge, or Heroic Charge?
Singeon: The one where you can move and make a normal attack
GM: "likewise, you're still subject to defensive penalties (no parry or retreat), Martial Arts p 131.
Singeon: I wasn't aware of that
Singeon: fine
GM: I'll let you take your previous rolls as Dodges, or you can reroll them both. your choice.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [2,6,3] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,2,6] = 14 vs (12) or less Failure! by 2
Arganyev: two hits!
Singeon: no, it was my fault for not fully understanding the rule
Singeon: Good night
GM: well, since she was deceptive -2, you're hit twice. [2d6+1] => [1,5,1] = (7)[2d6+1] => [2,1,1] = (4) DR2
Arganyev: good night? wait, man
GM: you take a total of 14 damage a major wound. roll HT or be stunned.
Singeon: I am going down
Singeon: see
GM: ?
Singeon: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,3,3] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Arganyev: you see? you are still here
GM: yeah, failing that 86% chance was real likely.
Singeon: I have 2 HP left, I am at 1/2 move
Arganyev: Im at 1 HP ;)
GM: hmm. well, that's a problem. for you. fortunately, she's out of attacks.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Thog: HT (15) [3d6.skill(15,+3)] => [3,3,4] = 10 vs (18) or less Success! by 8
GM: you are neither stunned nor unconscious.
Thog: Fast draw arrow, shoot demon.
GM: from a prone position? with your allies in the way? cool.
Thog: Fast-Draw (Arrow) (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Thog: ...Prone?
Lenia (Harald387): Failed the knockdown/stun check, remember?
GM: you fell down when you were stunned, like everyone else in GURPS rules.
Thog: I guess I can hold the bow sideways? Gangsta-style?
GM: you're a heroic archer. if you don't take a penalty for running, why take one for lying down? you don't get your Acc bonus, though.
Thog: Whoo-hoo!
GM: I really do think it's cool.
GM: you're at a -4 for Singeon being in the way, though.
Thog: Total penalty to the shot?
GM: -6.
Thog: ALL-OUT ATTACK: Determined (+4 to hit melee; +1 ranged); move up to 1/2 (forward only); no defend {B365}, Longbow [3d6.skill(18,-6)] => [1,3,3] = 7 vs (12) or less Success! by 5
GM: (-3 range, +1 SM, -4 cover).
GM: well.
Thog: DIE, SNAKE-LADY!
Arganyev: that is ineffective,....
Demon: Dodge [3d6.skill(10,-2)] => [1,1,5] = 7 vs (8) or less Success! by 1
Arganyev: you need to cut her arms
Thog: *twitch
GM: she's fast. did I mention she's fast?
Lenia (Harald387): "Cutting off the arms won't help! You need her head and tail!"

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Arganyev: she has -2 to her defenses because the crit failure
Thog: I'm just going...to sleep here for a bit...
Singeon: Head didn't do much
Thog: ah-HA!
Lenia (Harald387): The -2 was already accounted.
Thog: Oh.
Arganyev: OK
Sithis: I am in middle circle, then I stab my knives in the center of circle
Sithis: or two knives if I can
Arganyev: she stabs the center of the circle with her knife
GM: you stab the circle. nothing happens except you mar it some.
Sithis: and the demon?
Arganyev: she is having good fun
Sithis: she feels something?;
GM: she looks at you and hisses, but is busy killing and being carved up by Arganyev and Singeon. If something happened to her, it isn't immediately apparent.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Singeon: Step, Feint, Attack a Weapon Arm (-2), Shock (-4)
Sithis: but I can move too in same turn?
Singeon: There is a weapon arm available here, yes?
GM: Sithis, no.
Sithis: OK
GM: Singeon, yes, six of them =)
Singeon: Feint next:
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (22) or less Success! by 10
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-6)] => [4,2,1] = 7 vs (16) or less Success! by 9
Demon: [3d6.skill(18,0)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (18) or less Success! by 8
Singeon: Hit arm! Swing, of course
Arganyev: a hit!?
Singeon: It is a hit, but she needs to defend
Singeon: To see if the hit lands
Demon: the shock penalty applies to your feint, you know. so she resists. parry [3d6.skill(15, 0)] => [1,3,1] = 5 vs (15) or less Critical Success! by 10 [B556]
Demon: [3d6.crit_miss()] => [2,3,1] = 6 You hit yourself in arm or leg (50/50 chance), doing half damage; if impaling, piercing, or ranged attack, then roll again (if you hit yourself again then use that result). [B556]
Singeon: I forgot
Singeon: Excited, you know
Demon: want to spend a CP to force reroll of the critical success/parry
Arganyev: that or the death
Singeon: I spend
Demon: parry [3d6.skill(15, 0)] => [3,2,2] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8
Singeon: ###
GM: she intercepts your blade, but doesn't quite manage to force you to cut your own arm.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I step to her side, and deceptive attack to the arm (-4 for -2 to defense(
GM: okay.
GM: good.
Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,6,5] = (12)
Arganyev: suc
Arganyev: cess
Arganyev: and -2 for the side attack -4 in total
Demon: she parries with a sword [3d6.skill(13,-6)] => [1,3,4] = 8 vs (7) or less Failure! by 1
Demon: actually, -6 because she's off balance.
Generic Monster: you step the side and hit. roll damage, +1 for higher purpose (3d6+1)
Arganyev: Cutting sword to a weapon arm (the spear one):
Arganyev: [3d6] => [3,5,5] = (13)
Arganyev: (for my current strength of 17)
Arganyev: and +1 for higher purpose, 14 points of damage
Generic Monster: okay, you cripple the arm.
Singeon: Good work
GM: the demon hisses in pain.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Demon)

Arganyev: ###
Lenia (Harald387): Clarification: Does she still have her shield?
GM: it's pinned to her palm by one of Thog's arrows, but she's not using it to defend anymore.
Arganyev: perhaps your magic can do something here...
Lenia (Harald387): Step, and all-out ranged with the lightning bolt. -4 for range, any other modifiers I should note?
GM: +1 for size; everyone is out of the way now.
Lenia (Harald387): [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [5,3,4] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Demon: dodge! [3d6.skill(10,-2)] => [2,4,6] = 12 vs (8) or less Failure! by 4
Arganyev: great
Narrator: Lenia throws lightning at the demon, enveloping it in blazing light.
Lenia (Harald387): [6d6] => [2,3,1,1,6,1] = (14)
Lenia (Harald387): Luck.
Lenia (Harald387): [6d6] => [3,1,1,2,2,2] = (11)
GM: yeah.
Lenia (Harald387): [6d6] => [5,2,2,6,5,5] = (25)
Lenia (Harald387): THERE we go.
** Singeon would clap, but fears becoming unready **
Arganyev: 11 or 25?
Lenia (Harald387): 25, clearly.
Thog: Let's go with the 25, huh?
Arganyev: OK
GM: okay, the demon takes a great big old hit of pain. but it can't be stunned, so...
Lenia (Harald387): Drat. =/
GM: no joke. Kromm's a monster.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Demon
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Lenia (Harald387): That would have been HT-12 =(
Demon: smoking and slightly charred, the demon rights itself.
Singeon: Attack of opportunity

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Singeon: Wring game
Singeon: wrong
Thog: This time for sure...
Thog: Arrow goes in the bow:
Singeon: Shes stunned?
Thog: Fast-Draw (Arrow) (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,3,2] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8
Lenia (Harald387) (enter): 20:27
Arganyev: no, Singeon
Thog: Arrow goes in the demon:
Arganyev: don't worry, it is usual)
Arganyev: go for that, Thog!
GM: Thog, roll HT for consciousness at the end of your action.
Thog: Did I do that?
Thog: HT (15) [3d6.skill(15,+3)] => [6,1,2] = 9 vs (18) or less Success! by 9
GM: okay. attack?
Arganyev: good
Thog: ALL-OUT ATTACK: Determined (+4 to hit melee; +1 ranged); move up to 1/2 (forward only); no defend {B365}, Longbow [3d6.skill(18,-5)] => [1,5,5] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2 => [5,1,2] => (5, 1, 2) = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Demon: dodge [3d6.skill(5,0)] => [5,4,3] = 12 vs (5) or less Failure! by 7
GM: you drive another bolt into her. she seems annoyed.
Arganyev: next time aim to her arm)
Singeon: Don't annoy her! Kill her!
Thog: Should I even bother with the damage?
GM: but not, you know, inconvenienced.
GM: No.
Singeon: What he said!
Thog: [2d6+8] => [3,1,8] = (12)
GM: Supernatural Durability is a bitch and half.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Sithis: I insist, again I stab my knives in the rune
Lenia (Harald387): "You idiots, this is Dunner's guardian demon. Take off her head and her tail!"
Singeon: I did the head pretty good.
Arganyev: "Her power is in her arms, Lenia!"
Lenia (Harald387): "So do it again!"
Lenia (Harald387): "That would be for a normal demon! This one's different!"
Arganyev: "I have demonlore"
Sithis: and can you say this before?
GM: you're weakening her, slightly, each time you do that. you can see the energy flow now.
Arganyev: hm

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Sithis: ohh good!!
Arganyev: listen that, Singeon: she is weakening her!
Singeon: Feint, Attack a Weapon Arm (-2), Deceptive (-4/-2), then step
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [5,4,6] = 15 vs (22) or less Success! by 7
Singeon: Feint by 7
Demon: [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (17) or less Success! by 9
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-6)] => [4,5,6] = 15 vs (16) or less Success! by 1
GM: she reads your feint.
Singeon: Shes at -2
Sithis: and then, can someone goes to hit the rune too?
Demon: parry (sword) [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [2,3,4] = 9 vs (10) or less Success! by 1
Sithis: perhaps is better...
Singeon: ###
GM: she's slowing down, but she's still fast and skilled.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: I move behind her, and target another arm, deceptively
Arganyev: -4 for -2 to her defense
Arganyev: [3d6] => [3,5,1] = (9)
Arganyev: success
Arganyev: OK?
Arganyev: this is a sword arm of her
GM: okay, she's at -4 to defend before the defensive hit.
Demon: sword parry and retreat [3d6.skill(12,-5)] => [1,3,5] = 9 vs (7) or less Failure! by 2
Arganyev: Swinging broadsword to one of her sword arm:
Arganyev: [3d6] => [6,6,4] = (16)
Arganyev: +1 for Higher Purpose, 17 damage
GM: you carve up another arm as she scoots away from you.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Demon)

Lenia (Harald387): Cast Lightning, 1d, for free.
GM: okay.
Lenia (Harald387): Lightning (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [4,6,2] = 12 vs (17) or less Success! by 5 for [0] => 0 FP.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Demon
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Lenia (Harald387): Done.
Singeon: i keep forgetting I have Counterattack
Demon: the demon spins, dropping the whip and bringing that hand up to the spear. she stabs and cuts at Singeon, and then lashes around with her tail to trip him. spear: [3d6.skill(17,-2)] => [4,2,5] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4 ; sword [3d6.skill(17,-2)] => [6,5,3] = 14 vs (15) or less Success! by 1 ; tail [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [6,2,3] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
Demon: the sword and the spear are at -1 to defend; there's no penalty against the tail sweep.
Singeon: Deceptive attack?
GM: yes, -2/-1.
Singeon: Okay, three parrid, first two not against the tail, last one against the tail. All at -1
GM: sure!
Singeon: Defend: Saber L Parry( 17F): [3d6.skill(17,-1)] => [1,1,5] = 7 vs (16) or less Success! by 9
Singeon: Defend: Saber R Parry (17F): [3d6.skill(17,-1)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6
Singeon: Defend: Saber L Parry( 17F): [3d6.skill(17,-1)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (16) or less Success! by 0
** Singeon laughs **
Arganyev: OK!
GM: make an attack roll at -4 versus the tail.
Singeon: who?
Lenia (Harald387): You. You parried an unarmed attack with a weapon.
GM: singeon, you. you parried an unarmed attack with a blade, you can cut it.
Singeon: You are correct
Arganyev: roll the attack please
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [1,6,5] = 12 vs (22) or less Success! by 10
Singeon: Wait
Singeon: Okay, well keep it
Singeon: Could I have gone deceptive?
Lenia (Harald387): She can't defend, so you don't need to.
Singeon: Oh
Singeon: Mad it by 6
GM: roll damage.
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [4,6,2] = (12) cut
GM: you cut into her tail, half severing it. she drags it limply on the ground now.
** Singeon winks at her. She cant have me no matter how hard she tries. **
** Singeon realizes that made no sense **

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Sithis)

Arganyev: she is prone or something similar?I didn't understand that very well, Mark
Singeon: She has a dead tail
GM: no, she's not prone. her tail used to be moving around, striking out, all that. now it's limp.
GM: difference between a monkey tail and a mouse tail, basically.
Arganyev: hm... not entirely clear in the effects, but OK
Singeon: Is her move slowed?
Thog: Thog shoot head?
Arganyev: an she has an attack less)
Arganyev: hno nion no
GM: her move is slowed. she can't hit you with tail attacks. Thog, what are you up to?
Arganyev: target one of her sword arms!
Thog: HT (15) [3d6.skill(15,+3)] => [1,1,6] = 8 vs (18) or less Success! by 10
Singeon: what?
Thog: Thog shoot snake-lady in head
Thog: Fast-Draw (Arrow) (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,3,2] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Arganyev: "no no no Thog, target to the arm"
Demon: [3d6.skill(5,0)] => [2,2,4] = 8 vs (5) or less Failure! by 3
Thog: Okay, arm
Thog: ALL-OUT ATTACK: Determined (+4 to hit melee; +1 ranged); move up to 1/2 (forward only); no defend {B365}, Longbow [3d6.skill(18,-7)] => [6,3,2] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
GM: you hit her in the head.
Arganyev: better!
GM: wait... uhm. arm? which arm are you aiming for (2 with the spear, 1 with a sword, 1 with the shield)
Thog: Sword
GM: okay.
Thog: Argie told me to.
GM: she didn't dodge, roll damage.
Thog: [2d6+8] => [3,5,8] = (16)
Arganyev: the sword arm, better
Arganyev: or the spear, doesn't matter
Thog: dr(2) pi
GM: well. Thog's arrow more or less rips off her sword arm by sheer force.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Sithis
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Arganyev: great!
Sithis: Again, I stab my knives in the center of circle
GM: The demon is visibly slowing down and becoming less skillful.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Arganyev)

Singeon: Step, Feint, Attack a Spear Arm (-2), Deceptive (-4/-2)
Sithis: hehe
Demon: [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,2,1] = 5 vs (16) or less Critical Success! by 11 [B556] resist feint
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [6,6,2] = 14 vs (22) or less Success! by 8
Sithis: but, the demon don't have penalties or such?
Singeon: My attack also is a counter attack, she is at an additional -2 to defend
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-6)] => [1,4,6] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5
GM: fine by me, but she totally read your feint regardless.
Singeon: Shes at -4
Sithis: ah
Singeon: I know, just the deceptive
Demon: parry [3d6.skill(14,-4)] => [4,3,4] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [6,5,2] = (13) cut
Singeon: Nice damage rolls tonight for me.
GM: your counterattack gets you through her defenses, and you carve up her elbow. she's left holding the spear in 1 hand.
Arganyev: did you target one of her arms?
Singeon: Yes

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Arganyev
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Arganyev: thanks!
Arganyev: my move is 6, can I put myself to her side?
Arganyev: in this way
Arganyev: no, my move is 3...
GM: you'll need to make an all-out or committed attack.
Arganyev: I attack straightforward to the sword arm, deceptive -4 for -2 to defenses:
Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,3,1] = (5)
Arganyev: by 15
Demon: parry with her spear [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [5,4,2] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
Arganyev: Broadsword cut to Peshkali sword arm:
Arganyev: [3d6] => [4,2,6] = (12)
Arganyev: +1 of HP = 13 damage total
** Singeon yells "huzzah!" **
GM: her sword arms are all cut up - she's only get 1 good arm, with the spear in it. you proceed to whack it off.
Arganyev: how many arms remain? The spear one , and the shield one?
Thog: 0 arms remain.
GM: technically, the peshkali should survive for 1 more round with her shield arm, but she has absolutely no offense, so I think the 3 of you can remove a half-crippled arm.
Thog: She is officially 'armless.
GM: no need to roll. you swing, she falls, she dies.
Arganyev: "That is for you!"
Narrator: The demon fell to the ground and turned into evil green smoke which almost immediately evaporated.
Thog: Thog not feel so good...
GM: Congratulations! You beat the peshkali without dying!
Arganyev: you are alive, Thog
Arganyev: we are alive, all us!
Singeon: I thought I was a goner
GM: Arganyev falls over when his Holy Strength goes away.
Arganyev: sure!
Sithis: yes, incredible!
Singeon: Luckily, Arganyev was on the ball with his commands for the arms!
whispering to Lenia (Harald387), You critically failed your Demon Lore check, by the way. Sorry. =)
Arganyev: Im at -3 HP now
** Thog crawls over to Beltarne **
Singeon: Don't tell him I said that
Thog: Even a broken clock is right twice a day...
Sithis: hehe
Singeon: Sithis?
Sithis: yes?
GM: I think this is an excellent place to stop.
Arganyev: so, you think Im unconscious? hehe
Singeon: How about that chest?
Arganyev: (surely I am)
GM: you're at negative HP, so yes. sooner or later, you fail a HT roll.
Arganyev: [3d6] => [5,2,1] = (8)
Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,1,6] = (8)
Arganyev: [3d6] => [1,6,5] = (12)
Arganyev: not for these three seconds ;(
Sithis: I see the chest long time ago :)
Arganyev: ;)
GM: it's after 9pm, you beat the boss monster. there's time to loot everything and explore next week.
Sithis: hihi
Arganyev: and: I remain prone, quiet for not forcing the dismay
Thog: Okay. Night, all. See you next week.
GM: okay.
Singeon: How did you know it was the arms, Arganyev?
Singeon: bye
GM: goodnight, everyone. thanks for attending and all that!
Arganyev: We holy warriors have notions of Demonlore
Sithis: really a great battle Singeon and Arganyev!
Singeon: Oh, you did a skill
GM: oh, does anyone have Arganyev's whisper log? I think I missed half the conversation!
Arganyev: thank you
Lenia (Harald387): He actually succeeded on Demon Lore, unlike the Wizard who critfailed it. ;)
Singeon: I thought I was dead.
GM: straight 18s.
Arganyev: and Thog, his arrows were very useful too; and Sithis stabs
Arganyev: I have it, I think

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.