FANDOM


Narrator: The delvers have defeated the bandits, at great cost. Hammer lies bleeding out on the ground, his prized blade Ash Wand stolen. Berkun cradles his broken arm next to Lenia's shattered body. Mrugnak sits near the riverbank, an arrow protruding from his eye socket. Connell remains unconscious on the far bank. Only Mordreona is fully mobile.
GM: So, what are people doing? Connell is waking up now.
GM: Mordreona is at full health.
GM: Everyone else is at various levels of bad shape.
** Mordreona first aids Lenia. **
Berkun: Berkun makes sure to pick up his quiver on the other side of the river
Mrugnak: Mrugnak, although stupid, is probably not stupid enough to try and remove this arrow on his own.
Berkun: and everything else too
GM: Moving will cause Berkun to fall unconscious in roughly 10 seconds.
Mordreona: /dieroller gurps
** Connell sits up, rubbing his shoulder and wincing. He looks around at the people standing. "So - we won?" **
GM: Just as an important safety note.
Berkun: oh no...
Mrugnak: Person. Person standing.
Berkun: Berkun sits for now
Mrugnak: I think Mrugnak's in about the same condition.
GM: From Connell's perspective, you're not sure.
Mordreona: First Aid/TL3 (Human) (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,5,5] = 14 vs (13) or less Failure! by 1
GM: Lenia is collapsed in a heap, and Hammer looks like he was literally butchered.
** Mrugnak sits down, carefully, and starts counting his fingers. **
GM: Mordreona attempts to bandage Lenia.
Mordreona: "You OK, big guy?
GM: Given that she has second degree burns and a flailed chest, you do what you can for her.
Mordreona: guy*
GM: Which isn't all that much.
Mordreona: "I should see if the bandits have healing potions"
GM: Okay, make a search roll.
** Mordreona looks for potions on the bandits. (after her first aid of Lenia.) **
Mordreona: Search (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,4,6] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3
Mrugnak: "... four... um... five... Mrugnak got all dem fingers on dis hand!"
Mordreona: I also look for nice things to pocket.
** Mrugnak waves his right hand at Mordreona, proudly. **
** Mrugnak continues his inventory on the other hand. **
GM: You find various bits of coin and jewelry, some blades, and several potions:
Mordreona: "Thats good, but you seem to be down an eye. Want me to pull that out for you?"
** Connell stumbles over to Lenia, leaning on his staff. "Alright, we'll need Lenia up if we're going to fix all this. Lenia! No more napping!" (( Major Healing, 4FP -> 8HP. [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,1,6] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7 )) **
Mordreona: "I found some potions Connell, not sure what they are."
GM: The leader had 3; the wizard, the blade, the thug, and the knight had 1 each. 2 of the leader's potions are labeled with blue slashes, the third with red.
GM: Lenia isn't dying anymore.
Mordreona: I pocket the jewelry and coins.
GM: She isn't getting up, either.
** Mordreona hands the potions to Connell. **
GM: Note: 5 minutes have passed; Mordreona and Connell are still attending Lenia.
GM: So Connell has about 15 minutes of stuff he can do before Mordreona finds the potions.
Mrugnak: "... five!"
Mordreona: K.
** Mrugnak continues his inventory, making sure he's got two feet (being inside boots, he's taking the toe situation on faith). **
Mordreona: ( Mrugnak does have an arrow in this eye, yes?)
Mrugnak: Yep.
** Connell tries the spell again, hoping it wakes Lenia up. (( [3d6.skill(16,-4)] => [6,6,1] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1 -4 for repeated attempt, 4fp - 8hp again )) **
GM: Spend 1 fatigue.
GM: Connell has 7 left.
Berkun: (Berkun has one major healing potion and one healing stone, if anyone wants to know)
Connell: "Dammit... alright, fine, be that way." He looks around at who can't walk and why.
GM: Hammer is dying. Berkun and Mrugnak are badly injured.
Mordreona: (do I have the potions yet?)
** Connell hobbles over to Hammer to try and prevent him from dying horribly of blood loss in a fetid swamp. So he can die of sepsis back in town. (( 4FP, [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8 )) **
GM: No, it only takes Connell a few minutes to cast spells/evaluate badly injured delvers.
GM: Hammer looks less immediately unwell.
GM: But, um... still really bad.
Connell: Still likely to die?
GM: He's stable for now.
GM: You have 4 fatigue left.
** Connell rests for four minutes, gathering his energies. (( 3, but now I have 5. )) **
Lenia: ((For the record: egg noodle soup, ginger & garlic beef stir fry, general tso's chicken, and fruity coconut drinks from 'zero' to 'dinner for five' in < 45 mins, /alone/. I am /good/.))>
GM: I assumed you were trading some minor bonuses for a -1 fatigue reduction.
Connell: (( Oh, well, that works too.
GM: Mordreona has half the potions, including the leader's.
Lenia: ((Connell: You are always shouting and waving your arms for +3, unless your arms are occupied or you need to be quiet. It's easiest to just think of it that way.))
Berkun: ((Impressive dinner, Lenia:) ))
Mrugnak: Kevin is awe inspiring cook.
Mrugnak: (( Lenia's taken 8 HP of healing so far. ))
GM: 9 - mordreona bandaged him.
Lenia: ((Er, that should have been 'in < 45min.))
Mrugnak: (( woops ))
Mordreona: "Here Mrugnak, try one of the blue ones and see if it helps. Might want to pull out the arrow first tho."
** Connell eyes Mrugnak, and concentrates for a while before casting. (( Resting a bit, getting up to 9 FP. Then, Major Healing for 8FP -> ... a lot of HP. Shouting, yelling, waving stick around. [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,3,2] = 7 vs (16) or less Success! by 9 )) **
GM: Any previous healing penalties, Mrugnak?
Lenia: ((Major Healing caps at 4 FP, which becomes 24 HP on Mrugnak.))
Connell: (( But it costs double since he's SM+1
Lenia: ((Does not.))
Connell: (( Oh
Lenia: ((Houserule.))
GM: No, it doesn't. Check the house rules.
GM: No? Mrugnak is mostly healed.
Connell: (( Well, whichever. Mrugnak gets hitpoints!
GM: Mrugnak, roll HT.
Connell: (( If I can remove the arrow safely while the magic works, I can.
Mrugnak: Rolling HT!
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,+1+2)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4 Bless +2
GM: Uhmmm... the Bless went away?
GM: Or your eye was dismembered.
Mordreona: "I can pull it out, no problem."
GM: Your choice.
Mrugnak: Yeah, I gotta remove that from my macros
GM: Okay.
GM: Miraculously, the arrow pushed Mrugnak's eye aside and didn't pop it like a bubble. It's still badly bruised, but it should recover.
GM: Enough of Mrugnak's wounds heal that he can get up and move around.
GM: Safely, I mean.
** Connell pats Mrugnak on the arm, "All better, cousin. You want to keep this?" He offers Mrugnak the arrow. **
GM: It's been about 25 minutes since the fighting stopped.
GM: Mordreona has finished searching the bodies.
GM: Berkun is still hurting.
Mordreona: "I still think he should drink one of the blue potions."
GM: Lenia is still unconscious.
GM: Connell himself is still shuffling around.
Mrugnak: Does Mrugnak still have an arrow in his head?
GM: (9 hits damage for connell, leaving him at 2/11).
Mrugnak: Or did the spell fix that?
GM: No, Connell extracted it. But your eyeball is still badly bruised and you can't see out of it.
** Mordreona tries to wash off some of the blood she is covered with." **
GM: Really? Roll Traps.
Mrugnak: That's OK! Better than risking bumping it...
Mrugnak: Ehehe.
Mordreona: ( 1 sec)
Mordreona: Traps/TL3 (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [5,3,3] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Connell: /me moves over to Berkun now, and tries this whole healing thingy again. (( [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6 ))
GM: Okay, you avoid the other pit trap and the big spike in the ground and the caltrops and fine a safely place to splash water on yourself.
GM: Berkun is less badly injured (8 HP) but is still disabled.
GM: Berkun, roll HT.
Mordreona: "Be careful moving about guys, traps all over the place."
Berkun: [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [5,6,2] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
Berkun: (I've got -12HP noted, not 8)
Lenia: ((If I stay at negative HP, I can make a roll to wake up after an hour! :D))
Mordreona: "Should I go find the camp, while you tend to the wounded?"
Berkun: (ah, *after* healing)
Berkun: (ok)
GM: I meant you healed 8, you're at -4 by my count.
Berkun: (right, -4)
** Mrugnak gets up, much less painfully now, and wanders over to check out the shiny armor. **
GM: It doesn't look like your arm is broken, so it should be possible to heal with with magic.
Connell: "Can you walk, Berkun?"
GM: Connell, what FP are you at now?
Connell: (( Should be 3. ))
GM: Okay.... 30 minutes since the end of the fight.
GM: Berkun cannot walk, he's still badly injured.
Connell: (( Need a minute to dish out food, brb
Berkun: "Able to walk Connell, but likely to collapse"
Berkun: "I can feel there's too much cut up and torn inside..."
GM: Mrugnak, roll armory.
** Mordreona starts working her way to the bandit camp. Using stealth and looking for traps. (I take my time) **
Berkun: "Can you do anything more or should I hope my elixir helps?"
Mrugnak: Ehehe.
Connell: "Give me a few minutes. I'm work out. But hold onto the elixirs for now."
Mrugnak: Default Skill Roll [3d6.defaultskill(8,-5+2,0+2)] => [6,5,4] = 15 vs (7) or less Failure! by 8 Bless +2
Mrugnak: gah.
Mrugnak: not +2, -2
Mrugnak: Failed by 10, crit failure!
Mrugnak: Failed by 12, crit failure!
Mordreona: ( I left the potions I found with Connell.)
Mrugnak: Failed by a lot.
GM: You're pretty sure it's mail made from tin. It doesn't weigh anything or have a satisfying "clunk" sound. You could probably rip it in to.
GM: two.
GM: Why anyone would wear it as protective gear is beyond you.
GM: It has been silvered, so it's pretty, but it's not good steel by any means.
Mrugnak: "Pfef. Mrugnak smash he good. Silly toy armor."
Connell: Rests for a few minutes to recover the fatigue he just spent.
** Mrugnak gets bored with the toy armor very quickly. **
Berkun: (rip it! show how strong you are!)
** Mrugnak goes and checks out the magic flying weapon, to see if it's really dead. **
Connell: Yes, Connell rests another 4 minutes and tries healing Berkun again. (( Yelling and waving, [3d6.skill(16,-4+3)] => [4,1,1] = 6 vs (15) or less Success! by 9 4FP to 8 HP, full cost. ))
Mrugnak: (( not sure where the magic flying weapon is on the map. ))
GM: Okay, Berkun is no longer disabled. His arm is still crippled.
GM: I think you're standing on the pieces of it, Mrugnak.
Berkun: "Impressive, though my arm bone is broken or at least strained much..."
Berkun: Berkun is sitting, resting, casting nervous looks at where the bandits are
GM: (checking notes: Connell has been Major Healed 2x today and Minor 2x; Lenia has been Majored Healed 2x).
Lenia: ((Have to AFK about 5, v. sorry!))
GM: Yeah, I don't think Lenia is getting up soon.
GM: Okay, it's been 35 minutes.
GM: Most of you are up.
GM: There's lot of shineys around - swords, axes, armor.
GM: Lenia is still a mess.
** Connell helps Berkun stand up. He looks over at Mrugnak, "Carry Lenia, we need to go." **
** Mrugnak makes sure all his weapons are holstered, and carefully picks up Lenia in both arms. **
Mordreona: ( I have stealthed off into the woods, at least I wanted to.)
Lenia: ((Back.))
Berkun: "IF we need to go, I have to get my stuff... Will we need to kill them now?"
GM: Mordreona - they're leaving without looting the camp thoroughly. There's several thousands of $$ in loot lying on the ground. Roll Greed.
Berkun: Berkun goes to fetch bow, quivers and whatever else he might have left
GM: No problem, Berkun.
Berkun: (which could be his knife, not sure if he was disarmed from it)
Mordreona: (no need I'm not going.)
GM: Oh... okay.
GM: No one knows where Mordreona is right now.
Mrugnak: (( Wait, this is the camp? ))
Mordreona: "Guys we need to loot the camp and kill any other bandits that are here."
Mordreona: (ok then omit my last l"chat")
GM: Now that you aren't fighting bandits, you can see the tents of a bandit camp past the cluster of trees.
Berkun: "We're just going to kill them when they're not expecting, yeah?"
GM: Everyone roll Hearing at -6.
Berkun: Berkun frowns as he slings his bow above shoulder with just one hand
Mordreona: Per (13) [3d6.skill(13,-6)] => [6,6,3] = 15 vs (7) or less Failure! by 8
Lenia: Per: [3d6.skill(12,-6)] => [6,4,4] = 14 vs (6) or less Failure! by 8
Connell: [3d6.skill(18,-6)] => [3,6,3] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Berkun: [3d6.skill(14,-6)] => [3,5,5] = 13 vs (8) or less Failure! by 5
Mordreona: (also my stealth)
Mordreona: Stealth (19) [3d6.skill(19,0)] => [4,3,5] = 12 vs (19) or less Success! by 7
Mrugnak: Hearing (14) [3d6.skill(14,-6-2+2)] => [2,1,1] = 4 vs (8) or less Critical Success! [B556] Bless +2
whispering to Connell, Somewhere past the tents of the bandit camp, you hear a brief shriek.
Lenia: ((Mrugnak: Fix yer macros already. :P))
Mrugnak: (the -2 is in there to cancel out the +2)
Mrugnak: (( I'm working on it ))
whispering to Mrugnak, About 400 yards away beyond the bandit camp, you hear the whistle of Ash Wand slicing into something. Then there is a brief, agonized shriek and disturbing chomping sounds.
Lenia: ((And yes, this is the camp, as evidenced by the large clearing full of tents to our southeast.))
Connell: "We're not in any shape to kill anyone."
GM: Connell and Mrugnak have whispers.
Connell: There's still bandits left, right?
GM: All the bandits appear to be dead.
** Mrugnak perks his ears. **
Mrugnak: "Lady ran away wit der sword, got et!"
** Connell does too "Uh oh." **
Mrugnak: Barbarian! (10) [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [5,6,3] = 14 vs (10) or less Failure! by 4
Berkun: (how do I roll to check Berkun following his code of honour? 12 or less?)
Mrugnak: No, you just do.
Mrugnak: Or you pay it off.
Berkun: (ah, well)
** Mrugnak points in a direction. "Lady got et!" **
** Mrugnak frowns. **
Connell: "What? Mrugnak, use your words."
Mrugnak: "Bad lady." He brightens up. "So dat ok!"
** Mrugnak speaks very slowly, for Connell's benefit. "Dis lady, she took dat sword dat Hammer got." **
Mrugnak: "Den she run away."
Mrugnak: "An' now she over dere, got et by sometin' dat don' fear dat sword."
GM: So... and now?
** Mrugnak has his arms full of Lenia, so is not inclined to immediately stroll over and find out what isn't afraid of Ash Wand. **
Connell: "Time for us to leave, then, before we find out it's not afraid of minotaurs and crippled archers too."
Mordreona: I am looting the camp and trying to stay stealthed. If I see any bandits I will try to kill them.
Mordreona: I keep an eye out for traps of course.
Lenia: ((Weren't several people carrying HEALING POTIONS?))
whispering to Mordreona, You find a bejeweled blade in one of the tents.
Lenia: ((Hammer almost certainly was, and I thought Berkun or Mordy had some.))
Mrugnak: (( I thought we LOOTED some, but Mrugnak doesn't know them from water. ))
whispering to Mordreona, Also, that silvered mail looks pretty costly.
Mordreona: ( we used all of mine.)
** Connell pours two bottles of healing potions from the bandits into Lenia. **
Berkun: [1d100] => [44] = (44)
Connell: (( Mordy gave them to me, I decided I like you better unconscious. ))
Mordreona: ( I left the ones I found with Connell.)
whispering to Mordreona, There might be more stuff. You can't carry all of it.
Berkun: (1 major healing potion and 1 stone of healing)
GM: Which ones, Connell?
Connell: Blue slashes? Blue is good.
GM: Okay, Lenia heals [4d6-4] => [1,2,6,4,-4] = (9)
Mrugnak: Luck?
GM: So now she's conscious.
Lenia: Luck.
GM: Grrr.
GM: Okay, Lenia heals [4d6-4] => [3,1,2,1,-4] = (3)
GM: Okay, Lenia heals [4d6-4] => [5,4,3,3,-4] = (11)
GM: So now she's conscious and can almost walk at full speed!
Lenia: Woohoo, positive HP!
Lenia: ((Do I recover FP while unconscious? I assume Recover Energy doesn't apply.))
Mrugnak: "Lenee!"
GM: Sure, at normal rates (1/10minutes)
GM: Mordreona, you have whispers.
** Connell taps her on the cheek, "Hey. Hey, wake up." **
** Lenia grabs Connell's wrist. "No touchee -- oh, it's you." **
** Lenia slips out of Mrugnak's arms, limps over to the dead wizard, and retrieves her everfull Paut vial. **
Lenia: "What's been going on while I was snoozing?"
Connell: "I've been doing all the hard work as usual. We're getting out of here."
GM: Mordreona has been flitting between the tents.
Lenia: "Not without the loot, we're not. We have a profit to make - I'm not going back to Polisberg a pauper."
Berkun: "Then let's grab what we can and go."
Connell: "There's something out there eating people. Do you want to fight another monster with this bunch?"
Mordreona: (is the camp free of bandits best I can tell?)
Berkun: "We don't need to get reputation for lying when our lives are at stake..."
Lenia: "The camp's more defensible than a small group on the road anyway."
Hammer: Just for the curious: Arm [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [3,4,4] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
Hand [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [6,5,5] = 16 vs (10) or less Failure! by 6
Right Leg [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Left Leg [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [1,3,4] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2

Mrugnak: "Dere big ting out dere. It et dat lady wot took Hammer's sword."
GM: Mordreona - yes, the bandits are gone. The one that stole Hammer's sword fled south through the swamp.
Mordreona: "Guys come help me cary some of this stuff."
** Lenia points at the mithril armor. "Mrugnak - get that armor off him, it's probably worth ten times its weight in gold. Connell, start stripping the flexible armor off these louts; most of it's magical and we can sell that for a fairly nice price. Mordreona! I'll expect a full accounting of anything that's been picked up from the camp when you're done! Berkun, come here and let me look at that arm." **
Mordreona: "I can not get it all"
Lenia: ((Can you tell Lenia's awake?))
Mrugnak: "Dat armor junk."
Berkun: Berkun marches to Lenia
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak smashed dat."
Lenia: "It's Mithril, you big lout, and glowing with magic so brightly it almost hurts my eyes."
Lenia: ((What's Berkun's healing count so far today?))
GM: Mrugnak? Bad Temper.
Berkun: "Yeah, good... I'm not going to... Mithril!?"
GM: 2x Major.
** Mrugnak mutters. **
Berkun: (yes)
Mrugnak: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,6,5] = 17 vs (12) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Mrugnak: ...
GM: Ooops.
Lenia: ...
Berkun: (aaaaaa!)
Mordreona: (FOFL)
** Connell peers at Lenia, "If you get knocked out again, I'm not waking you back up until we're safely in town." **
Mrugnak: [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
GM: Berserk at -3?
Mrugnak: success by 2!
GM: Start yelling at her, please.
Mrugnak: Yelling commencing!
GM: You don't take that guff from little women.
Mrugnak: Hells no!
Lenia: Major Healing: [3d6.skill(16,+3-6)] => [1,4,1] = 6 vs (13) or less Success! by 7 (+3 shouting and waving hands, -6 for previous healing today) spending 4 FP for 8 healing.
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak smash dat! Dat smashed! It junk! Why you gotta say bad ting alla time? Mrugnak got dis ting in head dis fite! Mrugnak got sore eye real bad!"
Berkun: "Mithril is worth lots, Mrugnak! You should have waited for Lenia to look at that..."
** Mrugnak gesticulates wildly and switches to his native language to continue haranguing, trade tongue just not cutting it. "Ogar urob durn buk morzuf narol! Duglob shul dug o glar zush shamúrz mob!" **
Mordreona: "What the hell is going on down there?"
Berkun: "They had Mithril!"
** Mrugnak rounds on Mordreona. "Anna noder ting, you carry you stuff! Mrugnak tired! Mrugnak sick carry you stuff!" **
** Lenia whirls on Mrugnak, shouting back just as loud. "Mrugnak also nearly put a morningstar through my bloody chest, and I let it slide because I imagine you probably saved all our bloody lives! The armor's worth a fortune, now GET. IT. We're in a HURRY." **
Lenia: ((Well, not just as loud. Mrugnak's got bigger lungs.))
Mordreona: "Can we please haul all this loot to town then kill each other."
** Connell puts a hand on Lenia's shoulder, "Yelling at him is only going to make it worse." **
GM: Mrugnak, another berserk roll, still at -3.
Mordreona: "Or almost to town then kill some off so I get a biger cut."
Mrugnak: Berserk! [3d6.skill(15,-3)] => [3,6,3] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Berkun: Berkun looks severly at Mordreona
Berkun: "Don't dare to even jest..."
Berkun: "If we can't trust each other, we're no better than that other band..."
Mordreona: "I didn't kill anyone while you all were all busted up. You can trust me, we are so far from town."
** Mrugnak turns back to Lenia, looms at her, and yells right in her face. "NO, Mrugnak NOT do! Dis gramog bad day, Mrugnak not do nuffin for you urzug!" **
Berkun: "Yeah, you've got a sense of humor as cutting as your blade"
** Lenia stops, visibly calming herself. "You're right, Connell. You're right too, Berkun. Mrugnak, I'm sorry I called you names. You didn't deserve it. You definitely saved all our lives, and we owe you a lot. Now please, we need to get the valuable stuff and get out of here. I can probably even fix your eye in a few minutes." **
Mordreona: "Hay Mrugnak, would you be a dear and come up here and help me. please.
Mordreona: Fast-Talk (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,3,2] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4 Conditional: +1 from 'Charisma' when making Influence rolls
Lenia: ((Can I try Leadership for that to try and pull him out of the Bad Temper?))
Berkun: "Mrugnak, stop it! You're angry because the arrow pressed on your brain... it happens, calm down..."
GM: Lenia, yes.
Lenia: Leadership: [3d6.skill(20,0)] => [1,1,3] = 5 vs (20) or less Critical Success! by 15 [B556]
GM: Mrugnak, roll bad Temper at +3.
Mrugnak: Bad Temper! [3d6.skill(12,+3)] => [3,5,3] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
GM: Well, that was an exciting 5 minutes.
** Mrugnak settles down a little, and his fur sort of unruffles. **
** Connell pats Mrugnak on the arm. "There there. Let's go strip some bodies. It'll be fun." **
GM: and now?
** Lenia begins rifling through the dead wizard's things for any valuables or magical gewgaws. **
Mrugnak: I think Mrugnak has been manipulated into helping Mordreona!
GM: Okay.
Lenia: ((8 healing on Berkun - is his arm working?))
GM: No.
Berkun: Berkun kneels and casually gets trough the bandits belongings
GM: It's down to scars and bruises, but it's still tender and sore.
Mordreona: "We could buy some good ale with some of this stuff Mrugnak. You ok to carry it?"
Lenia: Minor Healing: [3d6.skill(17,-5+3)] => [2,3,3] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7 (+3 for waving and shouting, -5 for -2 FP cost), spending 1 FP for 3 healing on Berkun.
** Connell starts looting, as directed. **
GM: What's Lenia's Fatigue at?
** Mrugnak is still sulking. But helping. **
Mordreona: "Lenia is just upset because she fell down again in battle, she just is not tuff like you and I."
Mordreona: Fast-Talk (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,2,3] = 6 vs (13) or less Success! by 7 Conditional: +1 from 'Charisma' when making Influence rolls
Lenia: Either 2 or 0, depending on whether the 5 minutes you mentioned was actual time passing. If it's 0, I'll swig from the everfull vial first, since I never got to during the combat.
GM: That was 5 minutes of people staring at each other in shock, sulking, eh.
GM: So, 4.
Lenia: 4 is a good number!
GM: Berkun's arm is crippled.
Berkun: (anyone can heal more or should I take a swig?)
Mordreona: ( have I seen that Berkun's arm is crippled?)
Berkun: (It's visible and Berkun doesn't hide his trouble doing anything with it)
GM: There are 3 suits of hard leather with magic one them, 2 suits of enchanted mail, 1 suit of oversized large leather with magic, the mithril, and a suit of enchanted heavy leather.
** Lenia mutters and pokes the arm again. "Dammit, I'll give it one more try." Minor Healing: [3d6.skill(17,-3-2+3)] => [3,5,4] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3 **
GM: Okay.
Lenia: Spending 3 FP for 4 healing, unless something nasty happens to the spell. :P
GM: Berkun is healed his arm works.
Berkun: "I can almost feel it, so..."
Mordreona: "You going to be able to use you bow Berkun?"
Lenia: "Connell, were these guys carrying any Paut, or do you have some spare?"
Berkun: Berkun flexes his arm, trying
** Lenia settles down against a tree to rest. **
Mordreona: "Now that Mrugnak is helping loot the camp want me to go find Hammers sword Lenia?"
** Mrugnak continues helping Mordy loot stuff. **
Lenia: "No, I don't want you getting eaten by whatever is out there."
** Connell takes out two bottles of paut and hands them off to Lenia, then gets back to work. **
Lenia: "Leave the hardened leather, it's too bulky to carry easily. Pack the mail and the mithril. That swordsman who took Hammer apart looked like he had a nice blade - we'll take that." She swigs both bottles, and looks around. "Mordreona, once you're done I'd appreciate it if you could do a quick scouting job around the place. Stay HIDDEN, and yell if you see anything that seems deadly."
Mordreona: "Thats sweet. I'm glad you care. I was worried about you too, when you were out of it."
Mordreona: "Sure, no problem."
Mordreona: "I have all I can carry easy anyway."
** Mordreona sneaks off into the woods. **
Mordreona: Stealth (19) [3d6.skill(19,0)] => [1,4,3] = 8 vs (19) or less Success! by 11
Berkun: (is Berkun at full HP?)
Mordreona: Per (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [2,5,3] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
GM: Berkun: yes.
Lenia: "I feel almost good again."
GM: Hammer is ... 325 lbs of armor and weight.
Lenia: Were any of the others carrying weapons that look to be worth anything?
GM: The mithril weighs about 20 lbs.
GM: The other armors weigh about 20 lbs each, except for the mails, which are heavier.
Connell: (( Does he weigh less without his limbs?>
Lenia: ((That is to say: Non-Cheap swords, or Fine weapons of any type?))
Mordreona: ((good question))
Berkun: "We could bring the mule and others here?"
GM: The archer had a Fine Longbow. The Knight also had a Fine Broadsword.
Lenia: "That's not in their contract, and I'd rather not get in trouble for talking them into it."
Berkun: "Uh..."
Berkun: "Too bad"
** Lenia takes the weapons herself. **
Berkun: "But it's your call here"
GM: So how are you distributing the load?
Mrugnak: I suspect Mrugnak is carrying the Hammer.
Berkun: huh...
Berkun: Berkun can carry stuff, prefers not to
GM: Oh, and you guys have about 70 lbs of miscellaneous loot from the Druid's Grove.
Mordreona: ( do I get back from scouting?)
GM: Mordreona: yes.
Mordreona: "Best to leave Hammer and take the loot."
GM: The Druid loot is also mostly armor, some weapons and jewelry.
Mordreona: "The place seems clear of danger, other than a few traps and caltrops"
GM: brb
GM: continue figuring out your plans, though.
Mrugnak: Yeah, I'm not sure it's a matter of "Prefers". Mrugnak has 219 lbs on his own.
Lenia: "I suggest we stay here the night. Between Connell and I we should be able to get Hammer back on his feet in the morning, and we'll all feel better for a good rest in a nice camp."
Mrugnak: [219+325] => 544
Mrugnak: [800-544] => 256
Mrugnak: Yeah, Mrugnak'd be X-Hvy encumbered hauling his unconscious body around.
Mordreona: "Or he may die in the night, that would be bad I guess?"
Lenia: "That would be bad."
Berkun: "Not leaving no one behind."
Berkun: "He fought at our side and would do the same..."
Mordreona: "But we found him in the swamp, seems fair we part ways in the swamp."
Lenia: "We're not leaving him behind. I'd rather leave you."
Berkun: "We found him alive and he... Oh come on, you know what I'm talking about, rogue!"
Mordreona: "He does make me laugh a lot tho."
Mordreona: *does*
Connell: sdfghjkl'
Connell: (( ... I has a wife. ))
** Lenia looks at Connell. **
Lenia: "What?"
Mrugnak: (( Jeremy's wife is like a cat. ))
Connell: "I think I'm getting a cold."
Mrugnak: (( sometimes she comes in and lies down on the keyboard to get his attention. ))
Lenia: "There doesn't seem to be any immediate danger. Does anyone object to spending the night here?"
Mrugnak: "You fix Hammer. Fix Hammer here ok, just fix."
** Mrugnak looks worried. **
Mordreona: "I'll do what ever you think is best Lenia."
Mrugnak: (( I gotta go quickly AFK to change the laundry over. ))
GM: So what's the plan now?
Lenia: Retire to the camp, gather all our loot and valuables, spend the remainder of the day and the night here, and set out for base camp tomorrow.
Berkun: "No, not opposed. You're the one leading."
Berkun: "I'd like to know what direction you pick, though"
Berkun: "Oh, right"
Berkun: "Sounds good that way."
Lenia: ((Anyone have thoughts on me throwing up Mystic Mist to protect the camp while we rest? There are up sides and down sides.))
Mordreona: "Will hammer be able to walk in the morning?"
Lenia: "I hope so."
GM: Can people please locate their tokens on the map on their current location?
Connell: (( It does kinda say "A WIZARD IS HERE" so we might want to avoid it. ))
Mordreona: "better than 50/50 odds you think?"
Lenia: "Probably."
Lenia: ((Lenia's in the right spot, but for some reason I can't change her facing. It should be north.))
Lenia: ((Still can't. V. weird.))
Animals: A giant eagle overflies the camp, screeching.
GM: Everyone should make a Fear -1 roll.
Lenia: "Berkun! Bring that down!"
Mrugnak: (( bek ))
Lenia: Fright Check: [3d6.skill(15,-1)] => [6,4,6] = 16 vs (14) or less Failure! by 2
Lenia: ((Oh wow.))
Connell: "Oh, not again." [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [4,4,6] = 14 vs (13) or less Failure! by 1
Mrugnak: Fright Check [3d6.frightcheck(10,0)] => [2,1,4] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
Berkun: [3d6.skill(11,-1)] => [5,3,2] = 10 vs (10) or less Success! by 0
Mrugnak: Success by 2
Berkun: (extra one for fear of loud noises too?)
GM: Berkun, yes.
Berkun: [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [4,1,3] = 8 vs (11) or less Success! by 3
** Mordreona kicks hammer. "I guess he could be on his feet by the time we leave." **
Mordreona: IQ (13) [3d6.skill(13,+2)] => [3,5,4] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Lenia: ((Oh hey, that's actually a failure by 3. Fright checks can't exceed *13*, not 14.))
GM: Okay. Fright checks for Connell, Lenia, and Berkun.
Lenia: ((They call it the 'Rule of 14', and that's had me doing Fright Checks wrong for years.))
GM: Fright rolls, whatever.
Mordreona: (sorry made it by 2 not 3)
Mrugnak: (( that's what the frightcheck() function is for :D ))
Lenia: [3d6.frightcheckfail(3)] => [4,5,5] + 3 = 17 Faint for 6 minutes. Every minute after that roll vs. HT to recover. [B361]
Lenia: ...Wow.
Connell: (( So like this? [3d6.frightcheck(1)] => 3d6.frightcheck(1) ))
Connell: (( So like this? [3d6.frightcheckfail(1)] => [1,2,1] + 1 = 5 Stunned for one second, then recover automatically. [B360] ))
GM: Lenia: [3d6.frightcheckfail(3+10)] => [4,2,6] + 13 = 25 If you already have a Phobia or other mental disadvantage that is logically related to the frightening incident, your self-control number becomes one step worse. If not, or if your self-control number is already 6, add a new -10-point Phobia or other -10-point mental disadvantage. [B361]
Mrugnak: ... +13?
Mrugnak: wot?
GM: Critical failure after Taint.
Mrugnak: oic
GM: And, Lenia, add 2 more to that for a 27: Faint and Delusion.
GM: Unless you want to embrace the Taint?
GM: Berkun: [3d6.frightcheckfail(1)] => 3d6.frightcheckfail(1)
Lenia: Hm.
GM: Berkun: [3d6.frightcheckfail(1+0)] => 3d6.frightcheckfail(1+0)
Berkun: (Berkun failed his check?)
Lenia: Will embracing the taint get me off the hook entirely, or just result in the original roll?
GM: The original roll, Lenia.
** Mrugnak looks at the GM funny. **
GM: Berkun: rolled an 11, target of 10.
** Mrugnak looks at the dieroller funny. **
Mordreona: ( I say embrace and find out)
Berkun: (oh, mistake)
GM: Berkun: [3d6+1] => [1,3,3,1] = (8)
GM: Berkun is stunned for 1 second.
Berkun: (yeah, I can risk the taint)
Lenia: You don't really have the option, AFAIK. You're not already tainted. :P
Berkun: (oh, unless it's only stunning and no big panic)
Berkun: (I thought we all were a bit tainted, nevermind)
GM: No, everyone was goody-goody except Lenia.
Mordreona: ( Mordy never gets the chance to embrace the taint.)
GM: Where were we?
Lenia: Lenia, who is being a bad, bad Nymph.
GM: Okay, Berkun is stunned for 1 second.
GM: Connell is stunned for 1 second.
GM: Everyone else can act normally.
GM: But the air suddenly feels thick and greasy for a second.

<
1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

** Mordreona hides in the bushes. **
Mordreona: Stealth (19) [3d6.skill(19,0)] => [1,3,3] = 7 vs (19) or less Success! by 12
GM: You're hidden. Anything else?
Mordreona: ###
Mordreona: Just keep my back to the tree.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Hammer)

GM: Stunned, right.
Berkun: fast draw barbed [3d6] => [4,5,2] = (11) fast load [3d6] => [3,5,2] = (10)
GM: STUNNED.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Animal
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Berkun: then no action
Animals: Eagle dives and attacks Berkun with a swooping bite [3d6.skill(17,-4)] => [1,2,2] = 5 vs (13) or less Success! by 8
GM: Berkun, defend. You're stunned.
Mrugnak: (( (that's -4 on defenses?) ))
Berkun: can't retreat, right? but can I use extra effort?
GM: You can ruse extra effort.
Berkun: [3d6.skill(11,-4+1+2)] => [5,3,4] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2 extra effort
Berkun: oops, though
GM: Damage is [1d6+1] => [2,1] = (3) large piercing.
GM: So it bounces off your armor.
Berkun: indeed

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

GM: stunned.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: So it's down at ground level?
GM: Yes.
Mrugnak: I can't find Berkun or the eagle on the map
Mrugnak: This could be because there's a tree in the way!
Mrugnak: Is the shrieking coming from the other side of these trees? :D
GM: Yes, in the main camp where Berkun went.
Mrugnak: Aha! Mrugnak, not currently carring Lenia or Hammer, afaik, goes running around the trees to get nearer to the fighting.
Mrugnak: ***

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Lenia: Cast and blast a Concussion, aiming to drop it on the hex 2 spaces north of Berkun.
GM: Aren't you at, uhm, -6 for that?
Lenia: Yes.
GM: Okay.
Lenia: I'll probably miss.
Lenia: It'll probably scatter.
Lenia: I'm comfortable with this outcome. :P
Berkun: (for casting and throwing in one turn?)
Lenia: Concussion: [3d6.skill(18,-6+3)] => [5,2,5] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3 spending 1 FP for a 1d6 ball o' doom.
Lenia: I have range at 13 yards. Any other modifiers?
GM: -2 for Mrugnak partially providing cover, and the trees.
Lenia: Innate Attack: [3d6.skill(14,-6-5+4-2)] => [1,4,3] = 8 vs (5) or less Failure! by 3 (-6 cast and blast, -5 range, +4 targeting a hex, -2 for partial cover; miss by 2- may hit cover.)
GM: Hit Mrugnak's back [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [4,2,5] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
GM: Hit the trees [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [1,3,2] = 6 vs (9) or less Success! by 3
Lenia: Ehm.
GM: Tree hit [1d4] => [3] = (3)
Lenia: That's not how it's usually supposed to work.
Lenia: But okay!
Lenia: (It's supposed to scatter in a random direction in a number of yards equal to margin of failure.)
GM: The Concussion hits against some tree branches and explodes immediately adjacent to Mrugnak.
GM: Needs to get past the cover, first.
GM: Otherwise, yeah, that'd be fine.
Lenia: I'm looking at cover on B408.
Lenia: I'm seeing nothing that hits cover.
Lenia: I'm not firing into close combat.
Lenia: I'm not trying to shoot *through* the cover, certainly.
GM: I'm treating it as firing through an occupied hex.
GM: Yes, because Mrugnak and the tree branches are in your way.
GM: Which I specified.
Lenia: 'Shooting through cover' is 'firing to penetrate the cover', not 'trying to get around it'.
Lenia: But whatever.
Lenia: We're hosed, play continues. Moving on!
GM: Hitting the Wrong Target, p 389.
GM: Everyone can make HT checks or be stunned (except Berkun, ironically).
Lenia: HT: [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [4,1,1] = 6 vs (9) or less Success! by 3
Mordreona: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,2)] => [3,4,3] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Lenia: Actually.
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,+1)] => [3,5,5] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1
Lenia: Luck on the 9- to hit the trees.
GM: Fair enough.
Lenia: That was at 8:30, luck was used at 7:20.
GM: Hit the trees [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
GM: Hit the trees [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [1,2,5] = 8 vs (9) or less Success! by 1
Lenia: Scatter is 3 yards [1d6] => [1] = (1)
Lenia: North.
Lenia: ...Which is very clever scatter.
GM: So Mrugnak still is caught in the blast.
GM: Berkun needs to roll HT-3 or be stunned.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak succeeded on his HT roll!
Animals: Giant Eagle [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [6,4,4] = 14 vs (10) or less Failure! by 4
Lenia: As does the eagle.
Animals: Doh!
Berkun: [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
Mrugnak: Woo! Stunball of Doom worked for once!
Berkun: oops, -3? failure
Mrugnak: Sort of.
Mrugnak: Dagnabit.
GM: Well, Berkun is still physically and mentally stunned...

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Lenia: Did pretty much exactly what I needed - the eagle's about to crash, and Berkun was kind of stunned anyway. >.>
GM: Uhm... the eagle is sitting on Berkun's chest.
Mordreona: /me tries to resist the urge to suffocate Hammer while no one is looking.
Lenia: Ah. I thought it was a swooping attack, as in 'flyby'. My bad.
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Animal)

GM: Roll HT-3 against physical stun, Fear -1 against mental stun.
Berkun: um... roll ht to unstun?
Berkun: ok
Berkun: HT-3 [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [5,2,6] = 13 vs (10) or less Failure! by 3 Will[3d6.skill(11,-1)] => [6,3,4] = 13 vs (10) or less Failure! by 3
Berkun: no...
GM: Sorry.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Animal
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Animals: Giant Eagle [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [4,3,1] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2
Berkun: it's all fun and games until most of the party loses an eye each

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Lenia: ((Important question: 'Giant' is 'SM0', or bigger?))
GM: SM0.
** Connell shakes himself, coming out of his surprise. He raises a hand and incants a prayer to the storms.(( 2d Lightning Bolt, waving and shouting, -1 FP [3d6.skill(16,+3-3)] => [1,1,6] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8 )) **
** Connell has a lightning bolt. **

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: Can I combine a Flying Tackle and All Out Attack Long?
GM: Not on a Slam.
Mrugnak: Hrm.
Lenia: You can do a Heroic Charge and a Committed Attack for an extra step?
Lenia: Or does that not work?
GM: No.
Lenia: (I've never tried.)
Mrugnak: No, committed attack != move and attack
GM: What she said.
Mrugnak: Heroic Charge is move and attack.
Lenia: Right.
Mrugnak: Ok, run up to Berkun and the birdie, shouting and waving his hands.
Mrugnak: "SHOO! Goway!"
Mrugnak: ***

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Mrugnak: (gah, looks like I was a yard short anyways)
Lenia: Mrugnak will... probably be upset with me if I artillerize him.
Mrugnak: :D
Lenia: Lightning: [3d6.skill(18,+3-5)] => [6,6,2] = 14 vs (16) or less Success! by 2 (Spending 2FP for an 8d bolt, I think.)
GM: Okay.
Lenia: Also step, since my move is 1 anyway.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I move around the tree to get a better view of Mrugnak waving his arms at the bird.
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Animal)

GM: Recovery?
GM: Hello, Berkun?
Mordreona: ( I seem to have lost my token. I also can not change my facing.)
Berkun: HT-3 [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [1,1,6] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2 Will[3d6.skill(11,-1)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Berkun: right, physical recovery
Berkun: but still too confused to act
Berkun: *sigh*

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Animal
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Animals: Eagle flies away.
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak scareded it!"

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: "Someone really hates us..."
Berkun: "And it's them that I'more afraid than just their eagles..."
** Connell aims at the fleeing eagle, frowning, waiting for it to come back. **

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

** Mrugnak moves over Berkun and draws his morning star in case it comes back, or something comes to follow up. **
Mrugnak: *over to

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Mrugnak: one step.
Lenia: Aim and step.
GM: The Giant Eagle continues darting defensively through the trees, opening the distance at a rate of 12+ hexes/turn.
GM: Aftera few moments of excitement, Berkun recovers.
GM: What are you doing now?
** Lenia lets the lightning bolt fizzle, and sighs. "That's beginning to get old." **
** Mordreona stays put, keeping an eye out for bad guys. **
Lenia: Back to Plan A.
Lenia: Which was 'move everyone into the camp, rest the day and night through, and this time throw up a Mystic Mist for protection'.
Berkun: "Either we're back to the city fast, or we need to find whoever is sending them after us!"
GM: So move everyone to the camp.
GM: How big a Mystic Mist are you casting?
Mordreona: "I vote for back to the city in the morning, we have all the treasure we can haul."
Mordreona: ((sorry AFK a sec))
Berkun: "If you say so"
Berkun: "
Lenia: From the center of the camp to its edge looks like a 14-yard radius.
Berkun: "I'll gladly haul more, but don't expect me to scout with a burden on my back"
Lenia: So Lenia rests for 20 minutes or so, then covers the camp right to the edges.
GM: Can you cast a 14 point spell?
Lenia: Unless something interrupts us first.
Mordreona: ((back))
Lenia: The time spent resting can be used to help identify more valuable loot, and have party members figure out which tents are actually suitable for use.
GM: Most of the tents are filthy.
Mrugnak: Are any salvageable for small people?
Mrugnak: Barbarian! (PER-Based) (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [4,3,3] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4 Conditional: +4 from 'Discriminatory Smell' when scent is a factor
GM: Someone apparently has been digging through them.
Mrugnak: (Survival)
GM: Yeah, some are less awful then others.
Mrugnak: Tossed up is OK, I can repitch them!
Mrugnak: If Mordy has been SLASHING them, that's another issue.
GM: No, her bloodlust doesn't deal with tents.
Mrugnak: Eheh
Mrugnak: (( Just traps? ))
GM: Kevin, can you indicate the center of the Mystic Mist?
Lenia: Lenia's standing in it.
GM: Great!
GM: Make the casting roll.
Lenia: Mystic Mist: [3d6.skill(18,+2+3)] => [4,2,6] = 12 vs (23) or less Success! by 11 (+2 for extra time, +3 for waving and shouting)
GM: So you guys are hanging out in the bandit camp for the rest of the day?
Lenia: The day, overnight - there'll be another Mystic Mist cast when this one wears off - and getting ready to leave the next morning with our loot.
Berkun: Guess we do
Berkun: Resting
Mordreona: I like this plan.
GM: An hour passes.
Mrugnak: (( give all those heals a chance to reset. ))
Mrugnak: Or not
GM: Make Perception based Nature checks at -4.
Lenia: Naturalist?
Mordreona: Per (13) [3d6.skill(13,-4)] => [6,2,5] = 13 vs (9) or less Failure! by 4
GM: Yes, that one.
Berkun: Maybe turning back to the city is the best idea. We stopped one evil thing from happening...
Mordreona: Naturalist (Earth) (11) [3d6.skill(11,-4)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (7) or less Failure! by 4
Berkun: [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,3,4] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5
Connell: Naturalist skill [3d6.skill(14,-4)] => [3,2,2] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3 Possibly +4 if Druidic Investment applies?
Mrugnak: Barbarian! (PER-Based) (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,6,6] = 14 vs (14) or less Success! by 0 Conditional: +4 from 'Discriminatory Smell' when scent is a factor
Lenia: I have a 2.
Lenia: I don't get to roll. :D
whispering to Berkun, A lot of the crows eating the bodies have suddenly taken off into the sky.
Lenia: (Naturalist defaults to stat-6, so Per-6-4=2.)
whispering to Connell, A lot of the crows eating the bodies have suddenly taken off into the sky.
whispering to Mrugnak, A lot of the crows eating the bodies have suddenly taken off into the sky.
Mrugnak: oops, -4, failure!
** Connell stands up, "Crows are running. Something's coming." **
Berkun: "Something is..."
Mordreona: "Oh, god. More bird talk."
Berkun: Berkun readies his bow, draws a long, sharp barbed arrow and hides in one of the tents
** Mordreona hides **
** Mrugnak readies his morning star in his left hand and draws a hatchet with his good. **
Lenia: "Stay within the mist; we're safer in here."
** Lenia stands and readies her staff. **
** Mrugnak stands out in the mystic mist, and looks for trouble as well as can be done with one eye. (Ears pricked, sniffing, etc) **
Mordreona: Stealth (19) [3d6.skill(19,0)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (19) or less Success! by 8
GM: How long are you guys staying on alert?
Lenia: If nothing happens in a few minutes, start rotating guards and resting.
Mordreona: not long, I'm not sure connell can really talk to birds.
GM: Alright. The crows are mostly staying away, briefly darting in and fleeing again. Something's in the woods for sure.
Mordreona: "Want me to go see what it is?"
Lenia: "Berkun, Mordreona - scout around and see what you can find."
Lenia: "Stay together, but quiet."
Mordreona: "OK"
Mordreona: ((do I need another stealth roll?))
Berkun: Berkun lets Mordreona go first
** Mordreona moves off into the woods. **
** Connell tries a bit of Beast Summoning to bring one of the crows over to him. (( [3d6.skill(16,+3-3)] => [4,6,1] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5 Waving arms, -1 FP. )) **
Berkun: stealth [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,4,1] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7
Berkun: Berkun stays 10 feet behind Mordreona and watches her sides
GM: Where's Mordreona at, roughly?
Mordreona: I'll move my token.
GM: Connell, one of the crows flies to you, confusedly as it enters the mystic mist.
Mrugnak: (( poor crow ))
Mordreona: I walk around the camp at that range.
Mordreona: well sneak around
GM: Okay, Berkun is following.
** Connell holds up his arm, offering it as a perch for the crow. "Hi there." **
GM: Both of you roll Stealth at -5, Perception at -9.
Mordreona: ((Sad that I miss the talking to the crow bit tho.))
Mordreona: Stealth (19) [3d6.skill(19,-5)] => [1,1,1] = 3 vs (14) or less Critical Success! [B556]
whispering to Connell, Crow: "What is going on?"
Mordreona: Per (13) [3d6.skill(13,-9)] => [5,5,5] = 15 vs (4) or less Critical Failure! by 11 [B556]
GM: Connell, you have a whisper.
Mordreona: ((NICE))
Mrugnak: (( that's amusing :D ))
GM: That's beautiful.
Lenia: ((Mordreona is NINJA! And she has shoes.))
Berkun: stealth [3d6.skill(14,-5)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (9) or less Failure! by 6
Mordreona: ((yes a blind Ninja))
Berkun: perception [3d6.skill(14,-9)] => [4,4,6] = 14 vs (5) or less Failure! by 9
Berkun: this is not as good now
** Connell is having a nice conversation in Crow. **
Mordreona: ((well I may see them/it when it attacks you.))
GM: Suddenly, a piercing eagle shriek cuts through the air on the west side of camp.
GM: Everyone roll Fear -1, -2 for Berkun.
Lenia: [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Mordreona: Will (13) [3d6.skill(13,+2-1)] => [2,6,2] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4
Berkun: [3d6.skill(11,-2)] => [5,3,4] = 12 vs (9) or less Failure! by 3
Mrugnak: Fright Check [3d6.frightcheck(10,-1)] => [2,3,2] = 7 vs (9) or less Success! by 2
Connell: [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [1,6,1] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
GM: Okay... [3d6+9] => [2,5,6,9] = (22)
Lenia: @.@
Lenia: ((I hope that's not damage.))
GM: Berkun, you are stunned for [1d6] => [1] = (1) seconds. And, you acquire a 10 point delusion. And you hate birds.
** Connell releases the crow. **
Connell: "It's the cat, the big cat. It's back."
Berkun: delusion... hmm...
Lenia: ((I'm confused. +9 why?))
Berkun: It should be something creative
Lenia: Delusion: Lenia is a protector goddess?
GM: Ooops! Failed by 3, not by 9. So... 16? Okay, it's just a new quick.
GM: quirk.
GM: Also, a Panther drops out of the tree above you and attacks.
** Mordreona wonders what it is with this party and birds. **
Mrugnak: (( My husband says "Stuck in a hitchock film!" ))
Mordreona: ((I assume I see/ hear the Panther attack.))
Animals: Panther: Telegraphed bite to the neck [3d6.skill(17,4-5)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4 and grab with Born Biter.
Berkun: quirk:always ready for an eagle attack!
Berkun: dodge, retreat, feverish [3d6.skill(11,1+2+3)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (17) or less Critical Success! by 11 [B556]
Berkun: well
GM: Attack from Above: No defense possible.
GM: See p 402.
Lenia: ((I don't think you get to defend against surprise attacks.))
Berkun: ah...
Berkun: well that's worse
GM: And Total Surprise. Which, as both of you have Combat Reflexes, isn't an issue.
GM: But you are both stunned by the attack.
** Mrugnak is surprised as hell! **

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Berkun: and Berkun's neck is not protected
GM: Oh, right. Damage was [2d6+1] => [5,6,1] = (12) cutting.
Lenia: ...Ow.
Berkun: oh, was it?
Lenia: 24 injury to the neck. =(
GM: Yes. Your magic armor is DR2 to the neck, so you only take 20. Major wound, HT-5 or physical stun.
Berkun: great
Berkun: [3d6.skill(13,-5)] => [3,5,6] = 14 vs (8) or less Failure! by 6
Berkun: and down I go
Connell: (( "Lets go back home," Connell said. "No!" Lenia said, "The treasure! We won't get eaten by monsters!" ))
GM: You're unconscious
Mordreona: I turn and do a telegraphed attack for the neck, 1 FP for extra damage. ((assuming I can reach it this round. I also can not change my token facing))
GM: You're stunned right this second. Roll IQ+6 to recover.
Mordreona: me?
Berkun: (note:acquire more armor and cover everything)
Mrugnak: (( ... I also can't turn. ))
Mordreona: ((I have CR))
GM: Yes, you were a little surprised when the Panther you thought was a Shadow jumped on your partner.
Mordreona: K
GM: Yes, you have CR, that's why you get to roll at ALL. Total Surprise?
Mrugnak: (( that's what the +6 is for ))
Mordreona: IQ (13) [3d6.skill(13,-6)] => [3,6,2] = 11 vs (7) or less Failure! by 4
GM: You are not stunned. Possibly horrified, but not stunned.
Mordreona: Then I just try not to pee my self.
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Hammer)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagle
(on deck: [28] Panther)

Animals: The giant eagle flies over, in preparation for eating Berkun's eyeballs.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Panther
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Animals: Panther strangles Berkun: Strength check [3d6.skill(19,0)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (19) or less Critical Success! by 13 [B556]
GM: Berkun, resist with HT or ST. Win by 13.
Berkun: with ST [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [4,2,3] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7
Berkun: okay, this is nuts...!
Berkun: how much damage strangling does?
Mordreona: ((look at it this way, you are still alive to be strangled.))
GM: You take 6 cutting damage before DR, so another 8 points of damage.
Berkun: mmm
Berkun: right
GM: You're also being suffocated, which only is a problem if it doesn't tear out your neck first.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

GM: Total Surprise: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
GM: 2 more seconds of stun for everyone else.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Lenia: We can't even see the fight.
Mordreona: I turn and do a telegraphed attack for the neck, 1 FP for extra damage.
GM: You'll have to either make a Committed Attack or an All-Out Attack. And you're at -2 because Berkun is in close combat with the thing.
Mordreona: Shortsword (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,4,1] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7
Mordreona: I'll do all out
Mordreona: Swing damage: [3d6-1] => [6,4,2,-1] = (11)
Mordreona: ((+ the FP damage.))
Lenia: ((If you're using FP for damage, may I recommend All-out (Double)?))
Mordreona: ((how does that work?))
Mrugnak: You attack twice :D
Lenia: ((You get a second attack.))
Mordreona: Both telegraphed?
GM: Yep.
Lenia: Yup.
Mordreona: Then sure.
GM: Roll the second attack.
Mordreona: Shortsword (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,2,4] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Mordreona: Swing damage: [3d6-1] => [4,4,2,-1] = (9)
Mordreona: ((That should smart))
GM: With a roar and grunt, you cut the beast's spine, then bear in hard, half-severing the neck!
GM: The amount of damage she just did is unreal.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagle)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagle
(on deck: [28] Panther)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Panther
(on deck: [26] Connell)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagle
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Connell: (( AFK a min
Animals: Step and attack, Telegraphed Peck to Mordreona's eye. [3d6.skill(17, 4-9)] => [5,4,6] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3
Animals: The eagle flies forward, pecking at your eyes, but the fountains of blood confuse it.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Lenia: Heh.
GM: 1 more round before you can act.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Lenia: "My feathers! I must not get blood on them!"
Mordreona: "You OK Berkun?"
GM: More like, "I can't see through the curtains of blood pouring out of people's necks!"
** Mordreona moves the body. **
GM: Uhm? Eagle? Attacking you?
Berkun: "ALIV...*gurgle*"
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagle)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagle
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Animals: The eagle is confused that you're ignoring it. It flies around you and claws at the back of your neck [3d6.skill(17,-5)] => [5,4,3] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Mordreona: ((how big is it?))
GM: Defend at -2.
GM: About as big as you are.
GM: It's huge.
Mordreona: I dodge retreating
GM: You can't, you're in a swamp.
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
Mordreona: then I fail
GM: You fail (-2 penalty for flank).
Mordreona: (( it can fly in the tree cover?))
GM: Take [1d6+1] => [2,1] = (3) cutting to the neck.
GM: You take 4 damage after DR.
Mordreona: K
GM: It can flit around enough to get behind you.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

GM: Roll IQ at the end of your turn to recover from stun.
Connell: Do nothing [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,1,6] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6
Connell: Unstunned!

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: IQ (8) [3d6.skill(8,0)] => [1,2,1] = 4 vs (8) or less Critical Success! [B556]

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Connell: (( Back now. ... Hey, I succeeded!
Mrugnak: (( gives the dieroller a big sloppy kiss ))
Lenia: IQ: [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [1,2,1] = 4 vs (16) or less Critical Success! [B556]
Lenia: ((Heh.))
Mrugnak: (( AHAHAHA ))
Mrugnak: (( snrk ))
Lenia: ((Doesn't Mrugnak have CR?))
Mrugnak: (( obviously someone slipped the die roller some uppers. ))
Mrugnak: (( hells no. ))
GM: okay, the screaming and sprays of blood are coming from due west of Connell.
Mrugnak: (( Mrugnak has BOUNDLESS FURY. ))

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I AoD try to keep my back to a tree best I can.
GM: You're at -4 to actions this round.
Mordreona: ###
Lenia: Mordy doesn't mess around when it comes to her being injured. :D

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagle)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagle
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Animals: The giant Eagle uses its step of 3! to move to your flank again and claw at your neck [3d6.skill(17,-5)] => [5,1,4] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
Animals: Defend at a net 0 if you dodge.
Lenia: ((If you parry successfully, you probably get to hurt it.))
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
Lenia: ((Just sayin'.))

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Connell: "Uh oh, I think it found Berkun."
Mordreona: (( she likes to doge for some reason))
** Connell turns and heads towards the screaming and thrashing. **

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: Can't rotate
Mordreona: "Could use some help out here."
Mrugnak: Runs towards the screaming!

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Lenia: Stay put. Lenia's move is low, the real fighters are on the way, and she'll do better by ensuring she's well-rested at the camp to be able to heal.
GM: okay.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: Same AoD, try not to get out flanked.
GM: okay.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagle)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagle
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Animals: With an angry screech, the eagle flies off, skimming through the low trees until it reaches the river and then streaking away along that.
GM: Combat is over.
GM: Berkun is a wreck, but alive.
Mordreona: Can I throw my sword at it as it flies off?
GM: Uhm.... it makes 15 hexes in the first round, so no.
Mordreona: Then I just curse and bitch.
** Connell keeps going into the bushes until he finds the others. "Uh oh." **
Mordreona: "over here Berkun need some help."
** Mrugnak also runs up. **
Mordreona: "I seem to be bleeding too."
GM: Berkun is in bad shape.
GM: Like... well, throat torn out bad.
GM: Or just slashed and gnawed at, anyway.
GM: He's been healed, uhm Major x3 and Minor x2 today already.
Mordreona: "I go back to camp and first aid myself now that Connell is there to take care of Berkun."
GM: Okay.
GM: Roll first aid, Mordreona.
Connell: "Gods dammit I told Lenia it wasn't safe out here."
Mordreona: First Aid/TL3 (Human) (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [3,2,3] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Connell: "Mrugnak, can you help me get him back to Lenia? Not sure I can fix this alone."
GM: Mrugnak can easily carry him back.
Mrugnak: "Poor Berkun!"\
GM: Mordreona patches herself for [1d6-3] => [1,-3] = (-2) hits
** Mrugnak gives the remains of the cat a kick before carefully picking Berkun up and carting him back to camp **
GM: Err, 1.
GM: Okay, back at camp. Actions?
Mrugnak: Fretting
Mordreona: ((sorry I need to AFK))
Connell: "We can't trust magic. We'll have to use the potions on him."
** Lenia winces when she sees Berkun. "Oh, /damn/. Connell, I can't heal this today." **
Lenia: ((Unless you want to try a ceremonial casting of Great Healing.))
Connell: (( Not with your Taint. ))
GM: Awww....
Lenia: ((I'm not rolling. :D)
GM: Participating, though.
Mrugnak: (( it's 10:00 ))
Mrugnak: (( We may want to wrap things up here. ))
Connell: "I'll give it one try, and then we'll move to elixirs."
Berkun: (true, it's time to end for now)
GM: Right. I just wanted to see if Lenia was going to inadvertently blow up Berkun.
GM: But since she's going to be sensible and spoil my fun, we'll call it here.
Connell: BTW, is Lenia tainted enough now that Connell can sense it at all?
Lenia: ((I wouldn't blow him up. I'd take more taint to make the healing work.))
GM: No, she's not yet that Tainted.
GM: Okay, that's it for the night.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.