FANDOM


Narrator: The delvers are locked in mortal combat with acid spiders!

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I move, using stealth.


Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Spiders)

Berkun: just a moment please
Berkun: fast draw barbed [3d6] => [2,6,3] = (11) fast load [3d6] => [5,2,2] = (9)
Connell: (( Am I in the right map? I see dead bandits and no spiders. ))
Berkun: And a shot at spider 2, aiming at it's vitals
Berkun: (switch the map to fern path)
Connell: (( Ah, see them now
Berkun: (track)(
GM: Better, Connell?
Berkun: that's -3 for range, -2 for location...
Connell: (( Yup, thanks
GM: +2 for size...
Berkun: make it a -8/-4 predictive shot
Berkun: +2 for bow, +3 for accuracy...
Berkun: so it's 13
Berkun: [3d6.skill(19,2+3+2-3-2-8)] => 3d6.skill(19,2+3+2-3-2-8)
Mrugnak: Not using the GURPS dieroller?
Berkun: [3d6.skill(19,2+3+2-3-2-8)] => 3d6.skill(19,2+3+2-3-2-8)
Berkun: Um... I reinstalled my openrpg...
Berkun: how do I turn it on?
GM: type "/GURPS"
Mrugnak: no
Mrugnak: /dieroller GURPS
Berkun: [3d6.skill(19,2+3+2-3-2-8)] => [3,3,1] = 7 vs (13) or less Success! by 6
Mrugnak: Tada!
GM: yeah, ignore me on technical issues and pay attention to Kevin and Emily.
Berkun: And the spider is at lest -4 to dodge
Berkun: -6, it's from the side
Mrugnak: (( Mark: you were close... ))
Giant Spider: spider 2: Dodge! [3d6.skill(11,-4)] => [4,4,5] = 13 vs (7) or less Failure! by 6 (not on the flank!)
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [2,6] = (8) impaling to the vitals
GM: Didn't matter. Damage?
Berkun: and the arrow goes straight into it's fat corpse-thing
Berkun: abdomen, I believe
Mrugnak: (( spiders have Peripheral Vision, like Mrugnak's. ))
GM: The spider wobbles but doesn't back off from menacing Connell.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Spiders
(on deck: [28] Hammer)

GM: Damnit, that's me!
Mrugnak: (( ehe ))
Giant Spider: Spider 2 turns to Berkun and runs him over clumsily. Slam! [3d6.skill(15,4-4)] => [2,2,5] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6 telegraphed
Berkun: Berkun anticipates the beasts attack and jumps backwards... dodge, retreat, feverish [3d6.skill(11,2+3)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5
Giant Spider: Spider 4 tries to take down Mrugnak. [3d6.skill(26,0)] => [6,4,2] = 12 vs (26) or less Success! by 14
Berkun: all the while reaching for yet another arrow
** Mrugnak parries at -2 for Peripheral vision and attack from behind! **
Lenia: Takedown for grapple.
GM: It's a Takedown, Mrugnak.
GM: Roll ST and stuff.
Mrugnak: Oh, woops, thought it was another slam!
Mrugnak: ST (20) [3d6.skill(20,+1+2)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (23) or less Success! by 13 Bless +2
Mrugnak: +1 for Wrestling
Mrugnak: sadly it wasn't enough
Lenia: So close!
GM: You fail, then and are forced to the ground. Take [2d6+1] => [4,6,1] = (11) impaling damage to the torso as it worries the bite.
Mrugnak: It doesn't penetrate!
Mordreona: (I'm sure that i do not like seeing that.)
GM: Boo-yah! Fails to penetrate your skin, but gets through the armor. Take [1d6-3] => [6,-3] = (3) Corrosive damage from the poison!
Mrugnak: ...
Mrugnak: True!
Giant Spider: Spiders 3 and 5 continue biting at Lenia [3d6.skill(15,-2)] => [5,6,4] = 15 vs (13) or less Failure! by 2 DA-2/-1
[3d6.skill(15,-2-2)] => [1,4,3] = 8 vs (11) or less Success! by 3 DA-2/-1 and close combat

GM: Lenia can't parry as her staff isn't ready.
Lenia: Retreating feverish dodge! [3d6.skill(9,+2+3-1)] => [6,2,1] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
GM: Bah.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Hammer
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Lenia: I'll run out of FP eventually, then you'll have me.
Hammer: Full move, with Stealth..
Hammer: (14-1 enc)
GM: Err... roll stealth, then.
Hammer: [3d6] => [3,1,3] = (7)
Hammer: made by 6
Narrator: In the bushes nearby, nothing happens.
GM: Half speed through the underbrush, though. This is a swamp.
GM: Thank you kindly.
Hammer: k

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Connell: (( One sec, checking a Brilliant Plan
GM: Oh no.
Lenia: Connell's brilliant plans are always awesome.
Lenia: That is, they inspire a sense of awe. This is not always positive.
Mrugnak: (( /me steeples his metaphorical fingers. "This should be interesting..." ))
GM: I like the ones that involve critical failures. Those are the most awesome.
Connell: (( Bah, 5-second cast time on Body of Wood. Screw that. ))
Mrugnak: (( I try to avoid brilliant plans. They're out of character, and they always seem to fall flat. ))
** Connell charges up a lightning bolt! (( 2FP for 4d6, -2 for 1 less FP [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [4,1,2] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7 )) **
GM: Oh, hey! This area is mildly polluted, druidic magic wise. -1 on all casting rolls unless you embrace the pollution.
Mrugnak: (( ... embracing pollution sounds bad. ))
GM: Your lightning is fine. For now.
Connell: ((Yeah, Doctor Blight doesn't seem huggable. ))

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

GM: You've got a spider bigger than you crouching on your back. You're face dirt in the muck of the swamp. Oh, and it's poisoning you with a nasty acid.
Mrugnak: That's not "poisoning". That's "digesting without bothering to chew me up first", and very rude.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak tries to impale the spider with a horn (his horns are close combat weapons!)
Mrugnak: yay posture penalties.
GM: Uhm? Sure, try it.
Mrugnak: -4 to attack, looks like.
Mrugnak: and +1 for relative size, hussah.
Mrugnak: Striker (Horns; Impaling) [3d6.skill(16,+1-4+2)] => [3,4,3] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5 Bless +2 Conditional: -1 from 'Size Modifier' when Bigger Than Them
Lenia: Mrugnak doesn't see that one often.
Mrugnak: srsly.
Giant Spider: Dodge [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [4,4,3] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
GM: Mrugnak tries to impale the spider, but it is below his head.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Lenia: I'm rapidly running out of retreating room. I need someone between me and them. Frostbite on Spider 4 what's menacing Mrugnak - -5 for spells on, no range penalty (yay staff), +2 for gestures, +2 for shouted words, -2 for a 1 FP discount. 3 FP for 4d6 damage.
GM: Looks good.
Lenia: Frostbite:[3d6.skill(20,-5-2+2+2)] => [2,1,6] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8
Lenia: HT-8 to resist.
Berkun: (aren't you still flying? retreat up!)
Berkun: (or just fly over the cliffside)
GM: Uhm, shouted words and big gestures don't stack to +4. Only +3.
Lenia: ...Is that a change? HT-7, then.
GM: Oh, and this area is polluted to normal magic, too... another -1 on non-Necromatic, Body Control, or Mind Control spells unless you embrace the pollution.
GM: And no, it's not a change.
Lenia: HT-6, then, though it'd be HT-7 either way. Stupid rule of 16.
GM: "Shouted Words: +2 to effective skill, or +1 with Sweeping or Elaborate Gestures."
Lenia: Yeah, I just re-read that now.
Giant Spider: Resist the cold [3d6.skill(13,-6)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (7) or less Failure! by 3
Giant Spider: Or not.
Lenia: Damage: [4d6] => [2,2,2,5] = (11)
Lenia: Also, step back and up half a yard.
GM: Ice forms on it but it doesn't let go.
GM: Okay.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Lenia: ###
Mordreona: I steep and attack spider 4. Telegraphed for the Brain, 1FP for extra damage.
GM: Well.
Mordreona: Shortsword (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [4,2,3] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Giant Spider: Dodge [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Mordreona: Did it see me coming?
GM: Wait... never mind, you're stealthed.
Mordreona: ###
GM: Hmmm. No.
Mordreona: [3d6] => [3,3,3] = (9)
GM: Roll damage. My bad.
Giant Spider: Knockdown for the spider [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [5,4,1] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
GM: It's got a bit of tasty minotaur flesh in its mouth and won't let go!

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Spiders)

Mrugnak: (( great with an acid marinade! ))
Berkun: fast draw barbed [3d6] => [6,5,3] = (14) fast load [3d6] => [4,2,1] = (7) Dodging, Berkun already has an arrow in his hand. He catches balance, draws his bow and sends an arrow straight into the huge insect's cluster of eyes
Mrugnak: (( the sharpness masks the funky odor ))
Berkun: which is -9 for location
Mordreona: "Get up Mrugnak, you need to save Lenia soon."
Lenia: ((Knockdown roll at -5 for a brain injury?))
whispering to Hammer, You're in a good forsaken swamp. The delvers you are looking for are fighting acid spiders in front of you. You've fought spiders like this before - they're immune to magic weapons! You'll need to use your fists or something!
Berkun: predictive -4/2[3d6.skill(19,+2+3-9-4)] => [4,2,4] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1
whispering to Kevin, It wasn't a major wound - see B420
Mrugnak: (( I didn't see an attack roll before Lenia's comment, am I timetravelling from lag? ))
Giant Spider: Parries [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [2,3,2] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
Berkun: (I'm not in it's hex anymore, though)
Berkun: (does it have reach 1?)
GM: It has Reach 2.
GM: These things are huge.
Mrugnak: (( is big spider ))
Mrugnak: (( size of a horse, all leg. ))
Berkun: And then Berkun's bow is knocked aside by one of the furiously swinging limbs

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Spiders
(on deck: [28] Hammer)

Giant Spider: Spider 2 uses 4 legs to grapple Berkun [3d6.skill(15,4-4)] => [4,3,6] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2 DA-4/-2
Giant Spider: Spider 4 starts dragging away Mrugnak, slowly.
Berkun: dodge, retreat, feverish [3d6.skill(11,1+2+3)] => [1,6,3] = 10 vs (17) or less Success! by 7
Mordreona: ((my sword did cut into its head, yes?))
Berkun: Berkun just lowers his head and scampers backwards...
GM: Yes, it has a very tough skull.
Giant Spider: Spider 3 chases after Lenia, going for a 4 arm grapple [3d6.skill(15,4-4)] => [6,5,2] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2 DA-4/-2
Giant Spider: Spider 5 grapples Mordreona [3d6.skill(15,4-4)] => [5,1,6] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3 DA-4/-2
Giant Spider: Mrugnak takes another bite [2d6+1] => [3,5,1] = (9) impaling and [1d6-3] => [3,-3] = (0) corrosive.
** Mrugnak can resist being dragged yesno? **
** Mrugnak avoids damage! :D **
GM: Sure, ST-3 for you, ST for it.
Giant Spider: Dragging Mrugnak [3d6.skill(26,0)] => [3,3,1] = 7 vs (26) or less Success! by 19
Mrugnak: ST (20) [3d6.skill(20,-3+2)] => [4,6,3] = 13 vs (19) or less Success! by 6 Bless +2
Mrugnak: Ah well. Coulda got lucky.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Hammer
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Hammer: sneaky trudging again [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [3,4,2] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
Lenia: Retreating feverish oh-crap-I'm-below-one-third-FP dodge: [3d6.skill(7,-2)] => [5,6,4] = 15 vs (5) or less Critical Failure! by 10 [B556]
Lenia: Luck.
Lenia: Retreating feverish oh-crap-I'm-below-one-third-FP dodge: [3d6.skill(7,-2)] => [5,6,4] = 15 vs (5) or less Critical Failure! by 10 [B556]
Lenia: Retreating feverish oh-crap-I'm-below-one-third-FP dodge: [3d6.skill(7,-2)] => [2,6,6] = 14 vs (5) or less Failure! by 9
Lenia: I will accept failure that is not critical failure. :P
GM: Oh, hey, did Mordreona defend? Lenia is now grappled. But not bitten, yet.
Mordreona: sorry I missed my attack. feverish dodge.
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [5,5,5] = 15 vs (13) or less Failure! by 2
GM: Mordreona is also grappled.
Mordreona: ((or not))
Narrator: Nothing continues to happen in the bushes to the northeast.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Mordreona: "Get up Mrugnak, you big cow and save me."
** Connell turns and blasts the spider attempting to carry off Lenia, "Hey, keep those palps to yourself, mister!" (( To hit: [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [4,1,6] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4 )) **
Giant Spider: Parry [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [1,4,6] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
GM: Damages?
Connell: [4d6-4] => [2,5,5,1,-4] = (9) burning
Lenia: HT at -1 per 2 penetrating damage or stunned, as well.
Lenia: It might also be on fire.
Giant Spider: Stunned? [3d6.skill(13,-1)] => [5,2,1] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
Mrugnak: (( lighting is a good evil plan. ))
GM: Tight beam burning attacks don't set fires. Basically.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: Ok. Horns not working so well. Flailing at the spider with... a flail! -4 for posture, -4 for Reach in close combat, -4/-2 deceptive attack (coming in at an awkward angle to make it hard to dodge!)
Mrugnak: +1 for size.
GM: -4 for grappled?
Mrugnak: ... dump the DA
Hammer: ((Is the angry lemur symbol telling me that the spider's afraid?))
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(24,+1-4-4-4+2)] => [5,4,5] = 14 vs (15) or less Success! by 1 Bless +2 Conditional: -1 from 'Size Modifier' when Bigger Than Them
whispering to Hammer, Questions should either be whispered or handled through the maptools chat room.
Berkun: (yeah, it's fleeing!)
GM: You are insane, you know what?
Giant Spider: Dodge as best we can [3d6.skill(5,0)] => [4,3,6] = 13 vs (5) or less Failure! by 8
Mrugnak: RAWR
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [2,1,3,4,3] = (13) cr
Mrugnak: Boo small numbers.
Narrator: Mrugnak whips the head of his flail around, smashing the spider standing on his back away from him.
GM: How did that happen?
GM: Done?
Mrugnak: Yep.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Mrugnak: Well
Mrugnak: No, one step of movement doesn't get me anywhere when I'm on my belly.
Lenia: To summarize: I'm grappled, my staff is unready, the critter has ST 26 vs. my DX of 12 if I want to break free, and Concentrate while grappled is verboten?
GM: Basically.
Lenia: I scream and flail. :D
GM: Hasn't bit you... yet.
Mordreona: ((I'm going to scream on my turn.))

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I AoD on my dodge.
Berkun: (how much limbs is the spider grappling Lenia with?)
Mordreona: and scream.
Lenia: (Four!)
Mordreona: ###
GM: Okay. You're grappled and can't retreat.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Spiders)

Mordreona: "Save me Mrugnak, I'm your best friend."
Berkun: okay... step, fast draw barbed arrow[3d6] => [2,4,1] = (7) fast load [3d6] => [1,3,2] = (6)
Berkun: Berkun hears Lenia screaming and catches a glimpse of her being overbeared by the huge monster... he veers to the side and...
GM: Shoots Connell in the back?
Berkun: shoot spider 3(the one holding Lenia) in the face
Berkun: unless Connell blocks 100%
GM: -2 for Connell in the way - Spider is biggerer. SM+2.
Lenia: It's SM+2. Connell's EGO might block 100%, but it's also insubstantial.
Berkun: I pulled worse shots
GM: Sadly, yes.
Berkun: -3 for range, -5 for target
Connell: (( "Ow, you nicked my id!" ))
Mrugnak: (( afk briefly ))
Berkun: predictive -2/1[3d6.skill(19,3+2-3-5-2+2-2)] => [1,1,3] = 5 vs (14) or less Success! by 9
Giant Spider: Spider 3 Dodges [3d6.skill(11,-1)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (10) or less Success! by 0
Lenia: Might hit Lenia?
Berkun: And he shoots right into the spiders chittering mandibles, arrow flying just next to Connell's ear and...
GM: It skitters to the side, still holding on to Lenia.
GM: Oh, right.
GM: [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [1,3,5] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
Berkun: darn
Lenia: ...
GM: Dodge from the flank?
GM: Missile Shield!
GM: hits Connell? [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [6,1,3] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
Lenia: While grappled, and at 1/2 dodge? Missile Shield is... up!
GM: The arrow goes off into the swamp.
GM: Amusing as it would be for it to hit Hammer...

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Spiders
(on deck: [28] Hammer)

Giant Spider: Spider 2 keeps grappling at Berkun [3d6.skill(15,4-4)] => [3,4,2] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Giant Spider: Spider 3 bites Lenia [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [5,5,1] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Giant Spider: Spider 5 bites Mordreona [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Berkun: another retreat and another feverish scamper, this time into the thick swamp(roll for balance?) [3d6.skill(11,1+2+3)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (17) or less Success! by 6
GM: Grappled people can't Retreat and are at -1 to Dodge, -2 to Parry.
Berkun: I'm not grappled yet
GM: And Berkun is walking on Air, so he's got plenty of space to retreat.
Mrugnak: (( back ))
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,2-1)] => [2,5,3] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
GM: I know, it was for Lenia and Mordreona
Berkun: oh, right
Berkun: and true, I don't trip over anything
GM: Lenia, defense rolls?
Berkun: it would need to be a very high obstacle
Giant Spider: Damage is [2d6+1] => [5,4,1] = (10) impaling.
Giant Spider: Follow up is [1d6-3] => [4,-3] = (1)
Giant Spider: Also, Mrugnak takes another [1d6-3] => [3,-3] = (0) acid followup
Giant Spider: Or, y'know, not.
Mordreona: "GET IT OFF.... GET IT OFF..."
Lenia: I can't defend - Dodge is 9, +2 for feverish (maybe), halved to 5, -4 for being grappled = 1. Can't roll.
Lenia: Wait, only -1 for being grappled?
GM: Yep.
GM: And it's 8, halved to 4, +2 -1.
GM: So 5.
Lenia: [3d6.skill(5,0)] => [6,5,6] = 17 vs (5) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Mordreona: "Lenia is done for, save me Berkun."
Lenia: Yeah, see.
Lenia: It's kind of a consolation that that was a critfail no matter how good I was at dodging.
GM: That's something. Take 11 damage and make a HT check at -4 against stunning.
Lenia: [3d6.skill(12,-4)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (8) or less Failure! by 3
Berkun: "Connell, summon the wind!"
GM: You're only stunned. Huh.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Hammer
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Hammer: Step and First 2 attacks,normal(reach 2): committed (+1 damage to the rolls)
Hammer: Katana (21)[3d6.skill(21,2)] => [1,3,3] = 7 vs (23) or less Success! by 16
Hammer: Katana (21)[3d6.skill(21,2)] => [6,5,6] = 17 vs (23) or less Failure! [B556]
Hammer: next 2 rapid
Hammer: Rapid Strike (18)[3d6.skill(18,2)] => [5,3,5] = 13 vs (20) or less Success! by 7
Hammer: Katana (21)[3d6.skill(21,2)] => [6,5,2] = 13 vs (23) or less Success! by 10
GM: Uhm. What the heck are you attacking? Mrugnak? Nothing is in reach.
Hammer: Katana Swing Damage[3d6+8] => [1,2,2,8] = (13) (armor divisor 2)
Hammer: #6 spider?
GM: Oh, okay.
Hammer: Katana Swing Damage[3d6+8] => [6,6,5,8] = (25) (armor divisor 2)
Hammer: Katana Swing Damage[3d6+8] => [6,6,6,8] = (26) (armor divisor 2)
Hammer: add 2 to each roll
Hammer: 1 sorry
Hammer: for committed
Giant Spider: Dodge dodge dodge dodge [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [4,2,5] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
[3d6.skill(11,0)] => [5,6,6] = 17 vs (11) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
[3d6.skill(11,0)] => [3,5,1] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
[3d6.skill(11,0)] => [5,6,5] = 16 vs (11) or less Failure! by 5

Hammer: max damage woot
Lenia: ((Attacked from stealth.))
GM: Oh, right. I'm retarded today.
Hammer: stealthy yeah
Hammer: and from rear
Hammer: flank
Narrator: From out of the bushes, an armored warrior steps out and dices one of the spiders into a fine mist.
Hammer: Ho HO!

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Mordreona: "HELP....HELP....."
Connell: "Lenia! Dammit..." Connell reaches out and grabs Lenia's arm, incanting a prayer loudly. "Storms, hear this plea.." (( Casting Body of Wind on Lenia. -5 for half casting time, +2 for shouted words. [3d6.skill(16,-5,+2)] => 3d6.skill(16,-5,+2) ))
Connell: [3d6.skill(16,-5,+2)] => 3d6.skill(16,-5,+2)
Connell: [3d6.skill(16,-5+2)] => [5,3,2] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Connell: (( And -1 for Resisting The Evil ))
Narrator: Body of Wind takes 5 seconds to cast.
GM: By the way
GM: Body of Wind takes 5 seconds to cast.
Connell: 2 seconds.
GM: Well, aren't you smart. Okay, I see it.
Connell: (( Body of Wood is 5 seconds. ))
GM: So what happens here... Lenia suddenly disappears into mist, leaving her armor behind?
Connell: Basically, but she keeps her clothes.
Lenia: If by 'mist' you mean 'a whirling but oddly limp tornado'. I'm not sure what a Stunned windstorm should act like.
Connell: Body of Air, but with No Fine Manipulators instead of No Manipulators, and ST equal to 2x her ST.
GM: We'll call it a whirling but non-specific mass of air, slowly reforming into a proper tornado.
GM: Huh.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

whispering to Hammer, By the way, please tell me what you're doing before throwing the dice around like mad. There may be additional modifiers you don't know about or something.
GM: Mrugnak?
GM: Roll for Beserk, first off.
Mrugnak: Rolling! [3d6.skill(15,+2)] => [1,4,1] = 6 vs (17) or less Critical Success! by 11 [B556]
GM: Well.
Mrugnak: Secondly...
Mrugnak: Smash Spider 5 with the flail, -4 for posture, -8/-4 for deceptive attack, +1 for size! Then roll on to his back!
GM: Go for it.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(24,-4-8+1+2)] => [4,6,4] = 14 vs (15) or less Success! by 1 Bless +2 Conditional: -1 from 'Size Modifier' when Bigger Than Them
GM: Hang on - it's grappling Mordreona, which makes that an attack into close combat for another -2.
Mrugnak: Strip off -2/-1 DA
GM: Fair enough.
Giant Spider: Dodge! [3d6.skill(11,-3)] => [6,5,6] = 17 vs (8) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Giant Spider: Oops!
Lenia: See, I'm not the only one doing that.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [6,5,2,6,3] = (22) cr
Giant Spider: "chitter!"
Hammer: ((oh chit))

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Lenia: Recover from stun? [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [1,6,3] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
Lenia: Woohoo!
GM: Roll for conscious?
Lenia: Conscious? [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,2,1] = 7 vs (12) or less Success! by 5
Giant Spider: Belated acid damage to Lenia [1d6-3] => [1,-3] = (-2) and Mrugnak [1d6-3] => [5,-3] = (2)
Lenia: That was before I turned into air?
Giant Spider: That was pathetic.
GM: Yes. You're now a poisoned whirlwind teetering on the edge of consciousness.
Berkun: (shouldn't Lenia splash damage on Connell? If she's a tornado...)

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I try to crawl away, AoD.
GM: You're still grappled, somehow.
Mordreona: Then just AoD
Mordreona: ###
GM: Sensible.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Spiders)

Mordreona: "Hit it harder Mrugnak."
Connell: (( And yeah, I'll probably have to roll ST not to be bowled over by Hurricane Lenia. ))
Berkun: Seeing Mrugnak rising to assist Mordreona, Berkun turns his attention to the spider attacking him...
Berkun: fast draw barbed [3d6] => [4,2,4] = (10) fast load [3d6] => [3,1,5] = (9)
GM: Move and attack?
Berkun: move and attack...
Berkun: -2 for range
Berkun: aimed at vitals
GM: No acc bonus. Looks good.
Berkun: predictive -6/-3[3d6.skill(19,2+2-2-2-6)] => [3,3,4] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Giant Spider: Dodges [3d6.skill(11,-3)] => [1,2,1] = 4 vs (8) or less Critical Success! [B556]
Berkun: Berkun skitters away trough the air, turns and fires another arrow
Berkun: not fast enough...

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Spiders
(on deck: [28] Hammer)

Giant Spider: Spider 2 turns and slams Connell from behind [3d6.skill(15,4)] => [1,4,2] = 7 vs (19) or less Success! by 12
Giant Spider: Spider 5 collects its feet under it, chittering wildly.
Connell: (( I'm assuming no defenses 'cause he got me from behind?
Giant Spider: Spider 3 steps over and grapples Mrugnak with multiple limbs [3d6.skill(15,4-4)] => [1,4,1] = 6 vs (15) or less Success! by 9 DA-4/-2
GM: I think so...
** Mrugnak parries! **
GM: Connell lands in the muck. Damage is [4d6] => [2,3,5,6] = (16) halved.
GM: So 8 points, crushing.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) parry [3d6.skill(15,-3+1+2)] => [1,1,4] = 6 vs (15) or less Success! by 9 Bless +2
Mrugnak: reduced to success by 7 by the DA penalty
GM: ....
Lenia: Mrugnak = Terrifying.
GM: That's all my spiders, I think.
Lenia: Parry might deal damage?
** Mrugnak does horrible parrying damage? **
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(24,-4+2)] => [1,4,4] = 9 vs (22) or less Success! by 13 Bless +2 Conditional: -1 from 'Size Modifier' when Bigger Than Them
GM: Yeah, yeah, roll it.
GM: Damage?
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [3,5,2,1,3] = (14) cr
** Mrugnak points at the damage roll **
GM: Saw it.
GM: Uhm.
GM: That's the spiders turn.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Hammer
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Hammer: 4 9s
Hammer: Katana (21)[3d6.skill(21,2)] => [5,3,4] = 12 vs (23) or less Success! by 11
GM: What? I'm not fluent in chat.
Mordreona: "Stop screwing around with that one Mrugnak and git this thing off me."
Hammer: Katana (21)[3d6.skill(21,0)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (21) or less Success! by 9
Hammer: oops
Hammer: +2 for sm
GM: WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
Hammer: 4 attacks, max 9 for move and attack
Hammer: rapid strikes
Mordreona: ((Do I see Hammer?))
GM: Can't Rapid Strike on a Move and Attack.
GM: Yes, Mordreona.
Hammer: Katana (21)[3d6.skill(21,2)] => [5,3,4] = 12 vs (23) or less Success! by 11
GM: Who are you attacking?
Hammer: 3 attacks
Hammer: sorry
Hammer: 3
GM: FUCKING STOP IT OR YOUR CHARACTER WILL EXPLODE.
Hammer: #3
Mordreona: "Look out Mrugnak someone behind you!"
GM: What are you doing. Who are you attacking. Write it out so the GM knows.
Lenia: Hammer: It's customary to declare what you're attacking, with what maneuver, and at what penalty before you start rolling dice.
GM: I don't read minds.
Lenia: Not doing that tends to confuse the hell out of the other players, not to mention the GM.
GM: And I can have a short fuse. So please, please, tell me what you're doing.
Hammer: Im charging #3, moved 4 hexes, move and attack, capped at 9. 3 attacks capped at 9 on #3
Hammer: +2 for SM
GM: Thank you!
Berkun: (if only Berkun would know more about magic, I'd make him shout "Look out, it's a runaway shrub-clearing golem!")
GM: Attacks are capped at 9. Capped at 9 means a max of 9, no matter what.
GM: Roll 'em. Thanks!
Hammer: all missed, i rolled 3 12's
Hammer: 10's with the bonus
GM: No bonus, cap is 9.
Hammer: i misses
Hammer: d
GM: 3 strikes on Mrugnak [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [5,2,1] = 8 vs (9) or less Success! by 1

[3d6.skill(9,0)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (9) or less Failure! by 4 
[3d6.skill(9,0)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2


Narrator: The swordsman charges across the swamp, slashing at the spider on Mrugnak but hitting at the minotaur.
GM: Mrugnak, defend?
** Mrugnak parries? **
Mordreona: "He is trying to Kill you Mrugnak."
Mrugnak: -3 for prone! Parrying with the axe
Mrugnak: Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Pick parry [3d6.skill(13,-3+1+2)] => [4,2,3] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4 Bless +2
GM: Heh.
Narrator: None of the delvers recognize this new warrior.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Giant Spider: Poison on Lenia [1d6-3] => [6,-3] = (3) and Mrugnak [1d6-3] => [2,-3] = (-1)
** Connell is lying down in the muck and not entirely sure what to do. He crawls under Hurricane Lenia for safety for now. **
GM: Okay.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mordreona: "Save me first, then kill the warrior."
** Mrugnak gets to his knees (Change Posture) and snarls at the newcommer!
**

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Hammer: Sorry Sir! Lost my footing.
Narrator: The minotaur roars at the newcomer.
Lenia: ...I want to slam the strange katana-wielding man that just tried to kill Mrugnak, and I have *no idea* how that works now that I have ST 20 and I'm a windstorm.
Connell: Brawling, I imagine.
GM: Start by not being unconscious and lying down.
Mrugnak: DX can be substituted
Mrugnak: but yeah, that.
Lenia: I didn't act last round, so no consciousness check.
GM: Okay.
Lenia: I get to whatever passes for a windstorm's knees.
GM: okay.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: Can I move yet?
GM: No, it's still grappling you.
Mordreona: AoD.
Mordreona: ###
GM: Okay.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Spiders)

Berkun: which one is grappling Mordreona?
Mordreona: "Someone save my ass."
GM: 5 has her. 2 is menacing Connell. 3 is entangled with Mrugnak.
Mordreona: "I'm not sure you people know how important I am."
Berkun: do spiders have 360 vision?
whispering to Berkun, Yes
GM: Answered in a whisper, Berkun.
Berkun: all right, move and attack
Berkun: fast draw barbed [3d6] => [4,4,6] = (14) fast load [3d6] => [1,1,4] = (6)
GM: Who are you attacking?
Berkun: and shooting at spider's 5 vitals
Berkun: -2 for range
GM: -2 for more close combat with Mordreona, chance of hitting her if you miss.
Berkun: predictive -4/2 [3d6.skill(19,2+2-3-6-2)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
Berkun: that's actually a success by 0
Giant Spider: Dodges [3d6.skill(11,-2)] => [6,3,1] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
Berkun: since I should have added -2 for targeting vitals as well
GM: Damages?
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11) impaling
Berkun: Berkun dances on top of the rotting foliage, loosing an arrow at the spiders risen abdomen
GM: Berkun's arrow sinks into the spider's abdomen, and it collapses in an untidy heap. Mordreona is freed.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Spiders
(on deck: [28] Hammer)

Mordreona: "Thank the gods."
Giant Spider: Spider 5 grabs Connell [3d6.skill(15,4-4)] => [4,4,2] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5 4 legs, DA-4/-2.
Giant Spider: Spider 3 moves and slams Hammer [3d6.skill(15,4-4)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5 Telegraphed
Connell: (( This is... parry, or DX?
Mordreona: ((sure thats 5?))
Hammer: sideslip?
Lenia: (Lenia is a Windstorm of at least 2 yards radius. The spider might be knocked over.)
GM: Sorry, that was 2 that grabbed Connell. Any Defense that you can make at -3.
GM: It has ST26.
Mrugnak: (( Don't get grabbed, in other words. ))
GM: So I'm not going to get worried.
Hammer: can I choose sideslip dodge?
** Connell wards it off with his staff. (( Feverish parry, [3d6.skill(13,+2)] => [6,4,2] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3 )) **
Connell: (( Er, -3... so 0
GM: DA-4/-2 is another -2, so it got you.
GM: You're grappled, -4 DX, no casting.
Hammer: Parry (15)[3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,2,2] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8
Hammer: damn sorry
Hammer: cancel doesn't work
Lenia: DX-based skills are -5, ST to remain standing, and ranged attacks must crit succeed to hit. But it made its roll by 5, so it's good. Bah.
Lenia: Sideslip is a form of retreat, not valid after a move and attack.
GM: And he can't parry after a Move and Attack, either. Block or Dodge at +2.
GM: Whatever, I'll call that a dodge to speed play.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Hammer
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Hammer: step maneuver...i can turn around?
GM: 1 hex, any direction, any facing.
Hammer: 2 normal attacks, 1 rapid strike at +2?
Hammer: Katana (21)[3d6.skill(21,2)] => [1,4,6] = 11 vs (23) or less Success! by 12
Hammer: Katana (21)[3d6.skill(21,2)] => [3,3,4] = 10 vs (23) or less Success! by 13
Hammer: Rapid Strike (18)[3d6.skill(18,2)] => [1,1,3] = 5 vs (20) or less Critical Success! by 15 [B556]
Hammer: Rapid Strike (18)[3d6.skill(18,2)] => [6,3,6] = 15 vs (20) or less Success! by 5
Giant Spider: Dodges [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [3,3,1] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4
[3d6.skill(11,0)] => [6,4,3] = 13 vs (11) or less Failure! by 2
[3d6.skill(11,0)] => [2,2,1] = 5 vs (11) or less Success! by 6

Hammer: on #3
GM: [3d6.crit_hit()] => [5,2,4] = 11 The blow inflicts normal damage. [B556]
GM: 2 hits - damage?
Hammer: Katana Swing Damage[3d6+8] => [2,2,1,8] = (13) (armor divisor 2)
Hammer: Katana Swing Damage[3d6+8] => [4,4,1,8] = (17) (armor divisor 2)
Hammer: cutting
Narrator: The new warrior sidesteps the spider and then carves into it, his blade flashing and flaying it.
Giant Spider: Poison to Lenia [1d6-3] => [1,-3] = (-2) and Mrugnak [1d6-3] => [4,-3] = (1)

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Connell: (( It's only holding my feet?
GM: No, it's got your torso, too.
** Connell curls up and whacks in it in the face with his horns. "Hyah!" [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,5,4] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1 **
Mordreona: ((I found screaming for help to work.))
GM: That's a sad commentary on your combat skills, but A for effort.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Lenia: (Lenia is currently Immune to Metabolic Hazards. Does this poison count as one?)
GM: Yes - nice call! Undo 3 damage.
Connell: (( Oops, apparently I have 14 in brawling, not 12... but I'm sure there's some penalty involved.
Mrugnak: (( -4 :P ))
GM: -4 for lying down, -4 for grapple, +2 for size - you missed.
Mrugnak: (( for lying down, -4 for grappled... ))
Mrugnak: (( yeah, that. ))
GM: Hammer, you may have a bunch of whispers to read.
** Mrugnak gets to his feet with a Step and turns to face Spider 2 (keeping an eye on the stranger with one wall-eye. **
Mrugnak: ###
whispering to Hammer, Sorry for yelling at you earlier. For what it's worth, I've done that with everyone.
Mrugnak: I guess the maneuver is an AOD? *shrug*

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Lenia: I have Flight! Does posture matter, or can I fly while kneeling?
Lenia: (Dear Lenia: Read your meta-traits.)
GM: You can fly while kneeling, I suppose.
GM: You need to roll consciousness.
Lenia: HT: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [1,2,6] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3
Berkun: (look in GURPS Meteorology. oh right, there's no GURPS Metereology:) )
Lenia: Can I try to grapple spider 2 with buffeting winds?
GM: Sure.
Lenia: DX: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [2,3,4] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3
Giant Spider: Dodge! [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [5,5,6] = 16 vs (11) or less Failure! by 5
Lenia: It's an animal, I'm hoping to confuse and dismay it enough to make it drop Connell.
GM: You grab the giant spider with your windy body.
Lenia: Because the air is trying to eat it.
Lenia: ###

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I scurry back a hex or two.
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Spiders)

Berkun: fast draw barbed [3d6] => [2,4,6] = (12) fast load[3d6] => [1,5,4] = (10)
Berkun: fire at spider 2, vitals, range-2
GM: -2 for close combat with Connell and Lenia.
Lenia: "Must critically succeed" to hit anything within 2 yards of Lenia.
GM: He doesn't know that.
Mrugnak: Tornado
Mrugnak: It's kind of obvious?
Berkun: predictive -8/-4 [3d6.skill(19,2+3+2-2-8)] => [5,4,1] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6
Connell: See? "Brilliant Plan".
Berkun: magic is strange and unpredictable
Mrugnak: Fair nuff.
Berkun: Berkun saw winds and ice do the craziest things to him, for him and with him and against him...
Narrator: Berkun looses an arrow into the spider, but the windstorm sends it flying in a random direction.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Spiders
(on deck: [28] Hammer)

Giant Spider: Break free of Lenia and step back with Connell [3d6.skill(26,0)] => [4,4,4] = 12 vs (26) or less Success! by 14
Lenia: ST: [3d6.skill(20,0)] => [2,1,6] = 9 vs (20) or less Success! by 11
Giant Spider: Pull Connell [3d6.skill(26,0)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (26) or less Success! by 14
Giant Spider: All the others are dead. Poison to Mrugnak [1d6-3] => [3,-3] = (0)

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Hammer
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Hammer: ok
Hammer: i just run towards the one dragging a PC Away!
Berkun: "Don't let it take Connell with it! A grisly fate awaits!"
Connell: "Seconded!"
Berkun: Berkun shouts with fear in his voice
GM: The path itself isn't difficult terrain, but you can't retreat while you're on it and it unstable (-2 to attack/defense rolls0
GM: What happens when he runs next to Lenia?
Hammer: k, done
Lenia: ST or fall down.
Lenia: -5 to all DX-based skills.
Lenia: Unstable ground might penalize the ST roll.
Hammer: no move and attack this time, muddy boot =P
GM: A massive wind storm blows into you. Roll ST-2 or fall down.
Hammer: [(st)] => (st)[3d6.skill(15,-2)] => [4,2,1] = 7 vs (13) or less Success! by 6
GM: Okay.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Connell: Brilliant Plan #2 coming up... the spider is walking through mud?
GM: Yes.
GM: You can't cast spells, you know.
Lenia: Being grappled means never having to say Hocus Pocus.
Connell: Even with No Words, No Gestures?
GM: That works!
Lenia: Can't Concentrate while grappled.
Lenia: Generally.
GM: I'll apply another -4 penalty, but he can try.
Lenia: Cool.
Connell: Bah, then again with the horns. I paid 5 points for these, they'd better freaking work! [3d6.skill(14,-4-4+2)] => [1,4,5] = 10 vs (8) or less Failure! by 2
Connell: "Let me go you stupid spider!":
GM: Heh.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: "Mrugnak do!" Horned slam into the spider tousling with Connell!
Mrugnak: -4/-2 DA
GM: Don't hit Connell!
Mrugnak: Striker (Horns; Impaling) [3d6.skill(16,-4+2)] => [6,5,1] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2 Bless +2 Conditional: -1 from 'Size Modifier' when Bigger Than Them
Mrugnak: oh, +1 for size, success by 3!
GM: -2 for CC with Connell, success by 1.
Hammer: Egad!
Giant Spider: Dodges! [3d6.skill(11,-2)] => [1,1,2] = 4 vs (9) or less Critical Success! [B556]
Mrugnak: Fie on it
Giant Spider: Oh yeah! [3d6.crit_miss()] => [5,1,2] = 8 Your weapon turns in your hand; must Ready it before it can be used again. [B556]
Mrugnak: Unarmed attack?
Mrugnak: I guess?
Mordreona: "I'm going to miss you Connell."
** Hammer wishes he had a northman helm with big horns... **
Giant Spider: Oh yeah! [3d6.crit_unarm()] => [3,5,4] = 12 You trip; make a DX roll to avoid falling at -4 if kicking or twice the normal penalty for a technique that normally requires a DX to avoid injury on even a normal failure (e.g., Jump Kick). [B557]
Mrugnak: DX (13) [3d6.skill(13,0+2)] => [6,2,4] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3 Bless +2
GM: ....
** Mrugnak shrugs. **
GM: actually, you don't crit fail. Your bless goes away.
GM: That's what Bless does.
Mrugnak: I'm not sure critically succeeding on Dodges even does that.
GM: But as a bonus, you don't impale Connell, either.
GM: Fair enough?

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

whispering to Mrugnak, Actually, reduce the Bless to +1. That's fair. Sorry.
Lenia: Consciousness: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [5,4,2] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Lenia: Woo!
whispering to Mrugnak, Trying not to be a dork.
Lenia: AoA: Double (mostly to get the move) Grappling this strange warrior who tried to kill Mrugnak and is running for Connell, and lift him 2 yards into the air. The second attack is an Arm Lock if I can try that without Fine Manipulators, and a Pin if not. I'm behind him, so no defense?
Hammer: flank
Lenia: I show you facing directly away.
Hammer: see the red thing on my head?
GM: I say flank - the red crest is an arrow for direction.
Hammer: thats my plume thing
Lenia: Right.
Lenia: I'll still take it for a flank.
GM: NFM means no arm locks. Especially for people without grappling.
Lenia: Grapple: [3d6.skill(12,+4)] => [5,2,5] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4
Lenia: Er.
GM: Er Wrestling.
Lenia: Success by 0.
Hammer: block at -2 for flank
Lenia: That +4 shouldn't have been there.
Hammer: Block(16)[3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [6,4,2] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Lenia: With what shield?
Hammer: I have a shield, large, fine
Lenia: Ah.
GM: The shield he added this morning that I haven't adjusted the token for.
Hammer: just not on the token
GM: Second attack?
Lenia: I should have stepped to the back.
Lenia: Grapple: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [1,4,5] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
Hammer: acro dodge?
Lenia: In a windstorm?
Hammer: Acrobatics (15)[3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Lenia: -5 to that DX-based roll.
Hammer: whats penalty?
Hammer: ok -2 to dodge
Lenia: -4 total, for flank.
Hammer: Dodge (11)[3d6.skill(11,-4)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (7) or less Failure! by 9
Hammer: right
Hammer: Wha?...."
GM: You are grabbed by a mass of wind.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Mordreona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Lenia: "WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL MY FRIENDS?"
Lenia: ###
Mordreona: I start to get up.
Hammer: If you're friends are the spiders, then yes. I killed two of them.
GM: You were never knocked down.
Mordreona: "I hate the swamp, I am never comming back into this place."
Mordreona: I start to clean my self off then.
Mordreona: ###
Berkun: "We have to take another path, there might be more of them as we go!"
Hammer: and if you kindly unhand me, miss, I'll kill another!

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Spiders)

Berkun: step, fast draw barbed[3d6] => [1,2,3] = (6) fast load [3d6] => [6,5,6] = (17)
Berkun: failed to fast load
GM: Doh!

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Spiders
(on deck: [28] Hammer)

Giant Spider: Hiss at Mrugnak, keep retreating.
Berkun: Berkun's hand shakes as he perpares to attack the last spider
Giant Spider: keep carrying Connell off.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Hammer
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Berkun: "No!"
Hammer: I'll not fight you people. I came here to JOIN you. I just slipped in the bloody mud! Happens to the best of us.
Berkun: "If you are on our side, stop the spider!"
Berkun: "You have no idea what they do to those they catch alive!!!"
Hammer: Unhand me and I will do my best!
GM: Action?
Hammer: wait for release
Hammer: then run
GM: Okay.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Hammer: to the spider with Connell
** Connell just keeps fighting off the spider with his head, having a lack of other options. [3d6.skill(14,-4-4+2)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (8) or less Failure! by 3 **

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

whispering to Connell, You might want to consider All-Out Attacking.
Mrugnak: Heroic Charge, smashing the spiked ball of the morning star down on the spider! No penalty for Heroic Charge, -12/-6 DA, +1 size. "YOU DROP DAT!"
Mrugnak: I have no idea which way it's facing.
Lenia: -2 for close combat, too.
Mrugnak: Oh. -10/-5 then.
GM: Okay.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(24,-10+1+2)] => [3,4,6] = 13 vs (17) or less Success! by 4 Bless +2 Conditional: -1 from 'Size Modifier' when Bigger Than Them
Giant Spider: Dodge [3d6.skill(11,-5)] => [5,1,5] = 11 vs (6) or less Failure! by 5
Giant Spider: Doh!
Mrugnak: "Gwar!"
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [6,2,1,4,3] = (16) cr
Giant Spider: The spider collapses as Mrugnak's flail ball crushes it.
GM: Combat is over.
GM: Chat amongst yourselves.
Mordreona: I point my sword at the new warrior.
Berkun: Berkun lands in the middle of the group
** Hammer relaxes a bit **
** Connell wriggles out of the spider corpse and stands up, giving it one last hoof to the face to be sure. **
Berkun: "Okay, no time for quibbling with the knight here..."
Berkun: "It's luck that we're all alive and not turned."
** Lenia keeps the warrior held, because the last time they ran into other delvers in the wilderness it ended badly. **
Mordreona: "Who the $#@!# are you?"
Berkun: "Let's find a different way, we shouldn't risk any more spiders..."
Hammer: Hello Delvers. A moment, if you please. I've been looking for you.
Berkun: Berkun looks to Hammer
Berkun: "Who are you then? And can't it wait?"
Mordreona: "I say we tie hi, up."
whispering to Hammer, Please use quotes to indicate when your character is talking. Thank you."
Mrugnak: "You try hit Mrugnak!"
Mrugnak: "You gon' take Mrugnak money!"
Hammer: Heard Singeon Kane got wasted and you might need a replacement. Bad news travels fast. Good man.
Hammer: Bit of a "fancy lad", but nonetheless... But first there are some things about me you should know.
Hammer: I can't track, hunt, remove traps, pick locks, cast spells, mend wounds or armor, or tell north from south.
Mordreona: "You are a friend of Singeon?"
Berkun: "You knew Signeon then..."
Hammer: I'm no good with ranged weaponry and my jokes are bad. I'm not very smart, witty, charming, pretty, or in great shape.
Hammer: In fact, in most regards I'm quite useless as a Delver. But I'm loyal. And there's one thing I can do....
Mrugnak: "Singeon not got friends. He got big trouble, always hiding."
Connell: "Wait, who?"
Hammer: You wont see me looking over my shoulder like Kane, because my enemies are all dead...
Berkun: "You are no worse fencer than he was, knight..."
** Connell finds somewhere dry to sit down, wincing. **
Hammer: I- am Doctor Death. I am Count Buttkickula. I am the Seer in the Darkness.

Berkun: "And I'm all for letting you come with us"
Hammer: My doctorate is in Curb-Stompology and I graduated Magne-Scream-Loudly.
Berkun: Berkun rises his eyes at the titles
Hammer: I am Smith, "The Hammer"....But you can call me Jack.
Mordreona: "I do not trust him."
** Hammer bows grandly. "Master of Sword, at your service....oh, and don't ever call me a *Fencer*," he smiles. **
Berkun: "Ah, so you are a learned man as well..." He says with utter sincerity in his voice
Narrator: Somewhere in the midst of the speech, the whirlwind collapses into a pile of weak winds.
Berkun: "And a count..."
Hammer: The Archer, Bertram was it?
Hammer: charmed
Berkun: "I am Berkun and I'm going to get us out of here..."
Narrator: Berkun and Mordreona drop into the bushes unceremoniously.
Berkun: "See, I know about spiders..."
Mordreona: "I like the sound of that Berkun."
Berkun: Berkun falls on both feet, like a cat (surefooted)
** Hammer looks around, then follows **
Berkun: "I know more than I'd like to..."
Narrator: A little after that, the winds die down and Lenia stretches out on the ground, clothed in a blood stained arming tunic.
Berkun: "They aren't just dumb monsters, I know the place where all spiders come from and where their king lives..."
Berkun: "And I know that they are better avoided"
Mordreona: "What are you talking about?"
Hammer: Knowledge such as this is good! Lead on!
Hammer: Ah. No money in it , eh?
Mordreona: "I'm not sure crazy talk is a good sign of a leader."
Berkun: "There can be another patrol coming trough here soon, so we should head out"
Hammer: Signs of the times. Nothing for glory's sake anymore...
Berkun: "If you don't know about the spider king, I will tell you about it later"
** Connell moves over to Lenia, and incants a healing spell over her. (( Major Healing, [3d6.skill(16,-1)] => [5,4,5] = 14 vs (15) or less Success! by 1 4FP -> 8HP )) **
Berkun: "Once we hit dry land, make a camp, light fires..."
Berkun: "Who needs antidote?"
** Hammer helps Lenia up **
GM: The corruption provides a -3 penalty to Healing spells, so you fail.
Mordreona: "I'm all for dry land. I'm not sleeping in here again."
GM: Unless you embrace it.
Berkun: "If you feel like something is crawling alive inside you, speak up before it's too late!"
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak ok. Itchy."
Lenia: ((Unconsciousness precludes being helped up.))
** Connell tries that healing thing again. [3d6.skill(16,-3)] => [4,4,4] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1 **
Hammer: ..bad persimmons in the bush...it'll pass
Berkun: "Take a knife trough your skin... It will hurt but it's better than having spiders inside you..."
GM: Fails again: -3 for second casting.
Hammer: Erm...
Berkun: "They lie eggs... the spiders nest inside you, then after weeks there's nothing in you but just spiders..."
Connell: (( ... I thought that was only if you successfully healed someone
Mrugnak: "Not got spider eggs. Got holes."
GM: Per attempt.
Lenia: ((That's Healing. Spells are less forgiving.))
Berkun: "And they move you from inside, like a puppet..."
Mordreona: "WHAT, THEY DO WHAT"
whispering to Mordreona, In a pinch, you could stuff some herbs down someone's throat.
Berkun: "If you feel something under your skin, get a knife right now!"
Mrugnak: "See, Mrugnak got big holes, look in, no spiders!"
Berkun: "Listen, they did it to my own brother... I know what I'm talking about..."
Narrator: Connell is kneeling over Lenia, chanting and muttering. Nothing happens, though.
Berkun: "All people get turned into walking corpses under their control... they all walk towards the spider mountain... all know the way..."
** Connell sighs, and tries a lesser spell. (( MINOR healing. [3d6.skill(16,-3)] => [2,2,3] = 7 vs (13) or less Success! by 6 And if you say "The Banana Moon is in ascendance, -3 so you fail" I will hunt you down and eat you. )) **
Berkun: "And there's no helping them"
Mordreona: "If I can find some "mugwhart" it could help with the toxins."
Berkun: "I've got antidote, okay?"
Berkun: Berkun points at his potion bottles
** Hammer looks ashamed, "afraid I can't help with that.. **
Mordreona: "I think I may freak out Berkun, stop talking about that."
Mordreona: "We have to get out of here.
Narrator: Eventually, Lenia stirs.
GM: No, just the -3.
Mordreona: "LIKE NOW, did you guys hear what Berkun said?"
Berkun: "This is no time to fear... I didn't expect the spider king's army in such wetlands, but it seems they are spread out trough the whole world..."
Berkun: "As I said, I know how to save someone if it's done early enough... And the count is a doctor as well, so he'll help"
Lenia: "Spider king? What? Huh? Ow. Those were Acid Spiders. Perfectly normal. Also, I'm leaking."
** Connell sits down and leans against a tree, exhausted. "I'll need a little rest before I fix anybody." **
** Hammer offers Lenia a potion of Minor Healing **
Berkun: "Acid? I don't know they were called that, but I think all spiders work together"
Mordreona: "Spiders are worse than Rats, I should have stayed in town."
Mrugnak: "Rats taste good, onna stick."
Berkun: "At least that's what they were considered... back home"
Berkun: "I know a lot about spiders"
Mordreona: "I now know more than I wanted to.
Berkun: "You're lucky you are alive"
Lenia: "I think you're delusional, Berkun. They're unintelligent." She declines the offer of a potion, since accepting strange drinks from strange men is not conducive to a ladylike career.
Mordreona: "Can we get out of here now?"
Berkun: "We're all..."
** Hammer bows **
Berkun: "Lenia, I know what I'm talking about. I saw them turn my brother and I saw a whole village of people killed by the spiders..."
Lenia: "I'm sorry, but I passed out halfway through that speech. You knew Singeon? Did he owe you money or something?"
Mordreona: "Mrugnak are you ok?"
Berkun: "When my brother got turned, I followed him close to the mountain. The spiders moved in regular patrols, like people... I saw lots of them, building mounds and bridges..."
Mordreona: I say we take her back to camp."
Hammer: Only by his fame. Just as I know some of you. But much less so. We in the Sword trade keep up well on the gossip.
Berkun: "And the legend of the spider king is widely known amongst the steppes..."
** Mrugnak scratches idly. "Mrugnak got some holes. Not bad. Mrugnak see worse." He perks up. "Mrugnak DO worse." **
Mordreona: "Berkun enough, I'm freaking out already."
GM: Hammer, please read your whispers.
Berkun: "He's supposed to be able to see trough the eyes of every spider ever..."
Berkun: "People, just let's get her out of here and tend to the wounds..."
Mrugnak: (( As amusing as this all is (and I'm dying laughing here), I'm going to need to head to bed soon. I've been sick and I think I'm crashing here. ))
Berkun: (fine with me)
Lenia: "I've never heard this legend you're talking about, Berkun, and I make it my business to know that sort of thing. Besides - all those spiders, all those eyes? It'd give anyone a royal headache."
Lenia: "I think we need to get back to base camp and recover before these wounds go septic, though."
Hammer: "Then, may I join you?"
Berkun: "I lived there. My people are simple and dirty, but as for the spider mountain... they are wise to stay away..."
Mordreona: "I agree."
Berkun: "I can tell what I remember, there was a lot of talk after my brother got bitten..."
Mordreona: "Well, you do not get a full share in the treasure if you come."
Berkun: "He is a count, he might not be in need of coin..."
Hammer: Count me in starting....now.
Hammer: "
Mordreona: "Think he will pay us to take him along?"
Berkun: "I don't know, but we have safety in numbers"
Berkun: "Better to go together than alone"
Lenia: "Did you bring your own provisions? Camping gear? Survival kit? Hirelings?"
Hammer: "It's sort of a figure of speech. The titles and all. I'm actually not very good at keeping money."
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak not have 'nuff share wit MORE guy. Even small guy."
** Mrugnak scrunches his long face up. "Mrugnak tent only big 'nuff for Mordy." **
Hammer: "My guide left when he saw the spiders. Took some of the provisions, but I'm good for 2 weeks without the help of the survivalist"
Berkun: "There are things to eat in the swamp..."
Mordreona: "Can we PLEASE go back to camp?"
Berkun: "It's just that there are other things that can eat us."
Berkun: Berkun is going to hurry others and lead them back to the camp
Hammer: "I have my own tent, Thank you..sir. And apologies for earlier. Muddy boots from the swamp muck, I'm sure you'll understand....erm"
GM: You're like 2 days away from camp. More if Lenia *doesn't* cast Walk on Air on everyone so you can make 4x time.
** Mordreona sobs **
Berkun: "Lenia, can you make me fly again?"
Lenia: "Right now it's about all I can do to sit up and be snarky, Berkun."
Berkun: "We need to find a path back or a path around"
Hammer: "Fly? That does sound like an adventure!"
** Lenia shrugs at Hammer. "You can come along, but without having put in a share of the investment don't expect a full share of the treasure." **
Berkun: "Mordreona, don't worry... I won't let anyone else get turned... I'll burn you to ashes if I have to, but I won't let you become their undead slave"
Hammer: "I'll leave it up to you're good judgment. Kane wouldn't run with thieves...uhh...mostly"
** Mordreona Cries **
** Hammer hones his steel **
Mordreona: "Do we have a plan?"
Lenia: "You're sure you knew him?" She sighs at Berkun. "Stop scaring people with wild stories, and find us a dry spot to make camp, please? By the time we get set up I should be able to ward it. We only have a few days to rescue our man."
Berkun: "The spider mountain is real."
Berkun: Berkun shrugs away
GM: Survival rolls are at -2 for lack of gear.
GM: Let's do the make camp and call it for the night.
Berkun: "I can't see a dry spot from here, but I think we shouldn't be going forward"
Mordreona: (I think Mrugnak lets me use his gear.))
GM: Yes, yes he does.
Hammer: "So it's a rescue is it?"
GM: Survival rolls, please?
Mordreona: ((I'll need the default))
Mrugnak: Survival [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2
Berkun: How about Survival(wasteland)?
Mrugnak: "Dis way."
Berkun: Or should I default?
Mordreona: I follow Mrugnak.
Hammer: ((Per-5/Naturalist-3))
Narrator: Mrugnak leads you into the swamp.
Narrator: You make camp for the day.
Mordreona: Per (13) [3d6.skill(13,-5)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (8) or less Success! by 0
GM: Okay, we'll call it here.
Berkun: [3d6.skill(14,-5+2)] => [4,4,2] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1
Connell: Survival Forest [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,1,2] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.