FANDOM


Narrator: The delvers have spent 8 weeks carousing in Polisberg, celebrating their success over the tomb of the Baron.
Narrator: They have picked up many rumors at the Inn, and are now preparing to head out to the Fens of Despair.
GM: So.
GM: Public stuff here! Private stuff through whispers!
whispering to Mordreona, You can gamble up to 40 times. How much are you gambling each day, and are you trying to cheat with Sleight of Hands?
Lenia: Lenia has her traditional Huge Party The Night Before The Delve, gets totally smashed, and sets out on horseback with the angry stepfather of all hangovers.
GM: Any last preparations? Anyone sleeping in the woods for 8 weeks?
Connell: That'd be me.
Mrugnak: Sleeping in the woods is for animals. Mrugnak is civilized, and enjoys the fruits of civilization. Like alcohol!
GM: Whisper me 8 survival rolls, then.
** Connell joins in on the Huge Party quite eagerly, and sets out with no hangover whatsoever. Possibly singing. **
GM: Another other last minute preparations?
Lenia: I got my last minute preparations out of the way in the most recent email. =)
Mrugnak: All done! $3750 backpacks are quite enough, thank you.
Mrugnak: Actually, quick check: did we buy more alchemist's fire?
Mrugnak: Or should I refill mine?
Lenia: We didn't out of group funds.
Mordreona: Gambling (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,5,6] = 15 vs (13) or less Failure! by 2
Berkun: I have a phial
Mrugnak: OK, Mrugnak picks up two grenades. I assume special order applies.
Lenia: Alchemist's fire is a concoction, not a special order.
Mrugnak: Oh, nice.
Lenia: *concoction.
GM: Right.
** Mrugnak scratches off 2 GP and 10 SP **
Mrugnak: All set then.
GM: Anything else? Mordreona spends most of her time in town gambling.
Mrugnak: Nope, that's it.
Lenia: Lenia partied, went shopping, partied, hired people, partied, helped Mrugnak deal with blacksmiths, partied, shopped some more, and then threw one Really Big Party. She's done. :D
GM: Right. Lenia's new army includes:
Aewyn the Guide
Wilhelmina the Laborer
and Judith the Maid.

Mordreona: I buy booze for the trip with the winnings.
GM: Okay. After the game, everyone who hasn't already, please send me an up-to-date list of your gear.
Lenia: Will do.
GM: Separate your gear list into: stuff I carry into combat (including what is in my hand) and stuff that I carry out of combat and stuff that I let someone else carry.
GM: So.
Berkun: okay
GM: It's roughly 100 miles to the Fens. Supposedly you can take the caravan roads to get there, but you don't know the way so you've hired Aewyn, who does.
Narrator: One bright morning, the delvers set out for the Fens, aware they were facing a deadline if they were going to rescue Mate Harlan from the lizard men.
Lenia: ((Hiking, Weather Sense, Navigation?))
GM: You can march about 20 miles a day, base. Successful skill checks will improve that, 10% per. Everyone has to make Hiking rolls.
GM: I mean, if you decide to push it.
Lenia: Hiking: [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [3,4,2] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Connell: Hiking: [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [5,3,6] = 14 vs (13) or less Failure! by 1
Berkun: Hiking: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [2,6,3] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
GM: NPCs [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [1,3,4] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
Mordreona: ((whats the default?))
Mrugnak: Barbarian! (HT-Based) (15) [3d6.skill(15,0+2)] => [4,3,3] = 10 vs (17) or less Success! by 7 Bless +2
GM: HT-5.
Mordreona: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,+2-5)] => [6,3,4] = 13 vs (10) or less Failure! by 3
GM: Aewyn the guide Navigates: [3d6.skill(13,1)] => [1,3,2] = 6 vs (14) or less Success! by 8
GM: oh yes, yes she does.
Lenia: Money well spent.
GM: Anyone want to try weather sense?
Lenia: Berkun? Mrugnak?
Mrugnak: Barbarian! (10) [3d6.skill(10,0+2)] => [6,5,4] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3 Bless +2
Connell: Yes! [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,4,3] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
Lenia: ((I totally forgot to buy myself a blessing. Dangit.))
Berkun: Weather sense [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [5,4,3] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Mordreona: I say we slow down and take it easy. I see no need to rush so.
GM: You guys go with [1d3] => [3] = (3) Connell on a 1.
Lenia: "A man's life is at stake, Mordreona."
GM: Nope, you follow the Berkun Mrugnak barbarian chorus.
GM: Which means you walk through a lot of mud.
Berkun: "I saw we not waste our time and avoid unnecessary trouble..."
Mordreona: He got himself into this mess, if we get him out thats good I guess but we do not need to over do it and rush about.
Lenia: "If we get him out, we make a large amount of money."
Lenia: "We like money."
Mordreona: Yeah, thats the good part.
Berkun: "She won't pay us if we don't bring him back..."
Mrugnak: "Mud good sign. Swamp got mud."
GM: It will take 5.5 days to get there, so you'll approach the edge of the Fens around 4 pm on the 6th day.
Mordreona: "She might, if we ask her the correct way."
** Mrugnak says automatically, "Mordreona don't hit lady." **
Aewyn: "We're still 90 miles from the Fens, you gork."
Mrugnak: (( Unfortunately nobody was around for Mrugnak nagging Thog about eating ladies. ))
Mrugnak: (( *ladies ))
Mordreona: "I would never do that Mrugnak."
** Connell smiles cheerfully, "She'd stab." **
Berkun: If there's a chance, Berkun looks for any tracks on the ground, hoping to identify what kind of monster could dwell close by
GM: Sure, make a tracking roll.
Berkun: Tracking [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,2,1] = 5 vs (16) or less Critical Success! by 11 [B556]
Mordreona: I keep an eye out for useful plants, it is my hobby while we travel.
GM: Well. It's mostly bugbears and other greenskins. Some kind of large insectoids - giant spiders? - some carnivorous apes, rats and bats, dire and normal wolf packs, and the infrequent horde zombie horde.
GM: Those are the most common things, anyway.
GM: Within 15 miles of town.
Lenia: "...Why do people live in Polisberg, again?"
Berkun: "If there are such creatures here, why wouldn't they prefer a walled city?"
Mrugnak: (( silver mines ))
GM: It's a major port on the Antillan Sea
Mrugnak: (( the area in the westmarch appears to be full of silver. ))
Berkun: "And this is not a dangerous mix... there is no flying creature larger than a bat..."
Connell: "People live everywhere, Lenia. Cheer up."
Narrator: The first day out of Polisberg is uneventful, punctuated mostly by Lenia's groans.
Mordreona: Little flying rats, hate them myself.
Lenia: "An army of orcs is marching around in my head and using my mouth for a latrine. How am I supposed to be cheerful? And why did you let me drink so much?"
Narrator: The next day is overcast, with intermittent rain. It, too is uneventful until a little before noon.
Lenia: "...Wait. You found bat tracks?"
Mrugnak: "Len-ee not drink much! Len-ee tiny!"
Berkun: "Not tracks..."
GM: Vision checks for everyone!
Berkun: Berkun grins
Berkun: "Just signs of them..."
Berkun: "Smelly ones"
Connell: "You need to loosen up every so often, Lenia, and sometimes you need help."
Lenia: Vision: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,5,6] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3
Mordreona: "I have some good drink in this pack here, if you want some more."
Connell: Vision: [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [5,1,3] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7
Mordreona: Vision (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,3,5] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
** Lenia shudders. "No." **
Berkun: Perception [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,2,1] = 4 vs (14) or less Critical Success! [B556]
Mrugnak: Vision (12) [3d6.skill(12,0+2)] => [5,1,3] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5 Bless +2
Mrugnak: (( Discriminatory Scent any help? ))
whispering to Berkun, You see a dozen shapes dropping out of the clouds. They appear to be winged, furred humanoids of some sort, armed with shields.
Mordreona: "That goes for everyone the towns people paid for it, so drink up when you want."
Narrator: The delvers are trudging along a muddy track when Berkun suddenly stiffens, putting an arrow to string and looking northeast.
Mordreona: I duck behind a tree.
Lenia: I get off my horse and make sure the groom (Ricka?) has the reins. We don't want a repeat of last time.
** Mrugnak draws his weapons! **
Lenia: "What do you see, Berkun?"
** Mrugnak scents at the air, looking for whatever has alarmed the archer. **
Berkun: "Something very strange..."
Berkun: Berkun gestures for everyone to take cover
Mordreona: Stealth (19) [3d6.skill(19,0)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (19) or less Success! by 8
Berkun: "I don't recognize them, but they're some sort of winged people!"
** Connell looks for somewhere to hide, preferably in a bush. **
Berkun: Stealth [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,3,4] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6
** Mrugnak is left standing in the road with the hirelings, the animals, and... Lena? **
whispering to Lenia, These are monkey demons! They are vicious but cowardly combatants. They are strong and powerful wrestlers, but their primary weapon is their excrement, which they hurl. It burns in the air and creates a poisonous gas if it contacts metal. They prefer to fight at range to weaken foes, then close in clumps, pick people up, and drop them.
whispering to Mordreona, These are monkey demons! They are vicious but cowardly combatants. They are strong and powerful wrestlers, but their primary weapon is their excrement, which they hurl. It burns in the air and creates a poisonous gas if it contacts metal. They prefer to fight at range to weaken foes, then close in clumps, pick people up, and drop them.
Berkun: "Hide!" Berkun hisses at him
Berkun: Is there any place to hide the mules in? any nook or clump of tall bushes?
** Mrugnak tries to get under cover. **
Mrugnak: Stealth (13) [3d6.skill(13,-1+2)] => [6,5,3] = 14 vs (14) or less Success! by 0 Bless +2
Mrugnak: (-1 for being big I presume)
GM: Jeremy, please get on maptools already!
Connell: Ack!
GM: Can everyone see the map?
Mordreona: Yes I can see it
Narrator: As everyone dives for cover, they can see a dozen flying monkeys dropping out of the clouds to the northeast.
** Lenia glares. "Hide where?" She peers to the northeast. "Monkey demons. They're vicious, but cowards if things start going against them. They fling burning substances, which act like poison gas. Watch out!" **
Narrator: The delvers are on a muddy road, with stunted trees nearby (30' tall). The monkeys are flying at about 30' above the ground.
Mordreona: Can we move a rounds worth before combat?
GM: Yes, yes you can.
GM: Actually, you have about 5 seconds, so do what you want to prepare.
Mordreona: ((even better))
Lenia: Hawk Flight: with -2 FP cost (-5), exaggerated gestures, and shouted words (+4) [3d6.skill(17,-5-3+4)] => [2,1,5] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Lenia: (3 seconds)
GM: It takes 3 seconds to remove any normal backpacks or other marching gear, by the way.
** Connell pulls off his backpack and leaves it sitting in the bushes, watching the skies. **
GM: So, pre-combat: Lenia casts Hawkflight. Other people move.
GM: Anything else?
Berkun: Aim at the closet monkey
Mrugnak: Mrugnak drops his backpack at his starting location!
Mrugnak: [4*8] => 32
Mordreona: I just hide
Mrugnak: And then moves up!
Lenia: Lightning: with -2 FP cost (-5), exaggerated gestures, and shouted words (+4) [3d6.skill(18,-5-4+4)] => [2,6,6] = 14 vs (13) or less Failure! by 1 for a 4d-4 bolt.
Lenia: Luck.
GM: Can you use exaggerated gestures while holding your staff?
Lenia: [3d6.skill(18,-5-4+4)] => [3,6,1] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Lenia: [3d6.skill(18,-5-4+4)] => [4,1,4] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
Lenia: ((I had assumed so - the staff is a magical implement. If not, no exaggerated gestures. MoS is enough to compensate in both cases))
Lenia: ((Your call))
GM: The rules specify a one-handed implement. So you can remove a hand, but then you can't parry with the Staff.
Lenia: Fair enough. Round 5, re-ready the staff.
GM: Okay.
GM: Uhm, didn't you get off the horse somewhere in there?
Mrugnak: Yes, she did.
Mrugnak: Before combat time started.
GM: No, she failed the Perception check, she doesn't get extra time.
Lenia: Fair enough. No Hawk Flight, then. I assume it takes a few seconds to get off a horse without falling.
GM: Yes, or 1 second with a Riding roll that you wouldn't want to fail.
Lenia: No, thank you. Unskilled Riding is unskilled. >.>
GM: okay, then.
Lenia: Okay! Sorted.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Morderona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I hide and hope one of them does not see me.
Mordreona: ###
GM: Map is accurate for the start of the turn. I think everyone should be able to see the monkeys. They're 30' up, by the way, and holding flaming poo in their right hands and small shields in the left.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Flying Monkey)

Berkun: fast draw barbed arrow [3d6] => [5,1,6] = (12)
Berkun: fast ready bow [3d6] => [1,2,1] = (4)
GM: You had 5 rounds to ready and aim...
GM: at least 3, anyway.
Berkun: oh, then I release my arrow immediately
GM: At which one?
Berkun: 11
Berkun: shoot at the wing
GM: Range is 19 hexes, there's a -2 penalty for cover, and you're not hidden. Uhm.
GM: -2 for the wing.
GM: -6 range, -2 cover, -2 wing, +9 Acc and Aim, base skill is 22.
Berkun: right
Berkun: [3d6.skill(22,-6,2-2,+9)] => 3d6.skill(22,-6,2-2,+9)
Berkun: [3d6.skill(22,-6,2-2+9)] => 3d6.skill(22,-6,2-2+9)
GM: 1 comma, not 3.
Mrugnak: (Aim's a further bonus)
Mrugnak: or is that in +9, never mind
Berkun: [3d6.skill(22,-6-2-2+9+5)] => [2,6,5] = 13 vs (26) or less Success! by 13
Mrugnak: (( I'm a dope ))
Berkun: got it any way
Berkun: dodge?
Demon: Monkey blocks! [3d6.skill(10,1)] => [5,1,1] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4
Berkun: ha
Demon: "Hss! Yar!"
Mrugnak: They have shields?
Demon: He points at you.
Mrugnak: Eeevil monkeys!
GM: Yep, they sure do. It's like they're demonic or something.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Flying Monkey
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Demon: The monkeys split into several groups. Some chitter and point at Lenia, while others curve around to flank Berkun and throw flaming poo at him.
Demon: Even # monkeys at Berkun [3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [2,1,6] = 9 vs (10) or less Success! by 1
[3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [5,4,5] = 14 vs (10) or less Failure! by 4
[3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [4,6,2] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
[3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
[3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [5,6,6] = 17 vs (10) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
[3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1

Lenia: ...Wow.
GM: Only 1 monkey hits, though a lot of poo slams into the true.
GM: [3d6.crit_miss()] => [6,1,4] = 11 You drop your weapon (& a cheap weapon breaks). [B556]
Berkun: dodge [3d6] => [6,2,2] = (10)
GM: Okay, flaming poo goes everywhere, but doesn't hit anyway.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

** Connell lurks in a bush, and calls to the storm spirits for a little help here please. (( Lightning bolt, -2 for 1 less FP, 6d6-6 bolt. [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [1,2,6] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5 )) **
GM: Uhm... you don't have Druidic Power 6, so that's only a 4 point bolt right now.
Lenia: Still, not bad for 1 FP.
GM: 3 FP?
Connell: (( Oh, I was going by FP cost, not dice. Ok. ))
GM: Right, 1 FP. Doh!
Connell: (( Damaging spells are half cost now aren't they?
GM: Oh, right.
GM: So, uhm, 2 FP and 6d.
GM: Thanks.
GM: GM is a dork.
Connell: (( Ok

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: (( takes a little while to get used to new rules. ))
Mrugnak: All monkeys are still at 30ft elevation?
GM: Yes.
** Mrugnak drops Huvudet-krossat-i on its lanyard (free action) and draws a throwing axe. **
Mrugnak: ***
Mrugnak: (( Hatchet ))
GM: okay.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Lenia: Wait; if Monkey 5 closes, toss a lightning bolt at it when it gets to 6 yards.
GM: Okay.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Morderona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I move.
GM: Okay, you're stealthy.
Mordreona: yes, i am.
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Flying Monkey)

Mordreona: ((I made it by 8 I think))
Berkun: turn around, shoot monkey 9
Berkun: fast load [3d6] => [1,4,1] = (6) fast aim[3d6] => [5,2,6] = (13)
GM: Range is 17, there's still cover.
GM: It is a flank shot. So.
GM: You're at -6 for range, -2 cover, +3 for the bow's accuracy, -1 for a quick shot.
Berkun: shoot at vitals, barbed arrow [3d6.skill(22,-6-2-3+3-1)] => [4,6,3] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
Demon: Flying Monkey 9 Blocks [3d6.skill(10,1-2)] => [4,2,6] = 12 vs (9) or less Failure! by 3
GM: Or, y'know, not. Damage?
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [1,6] = (7) impaling to the vitals
Lenia: ((Not metal shields, by any chance?))
GM: Uhm... [1d3] => [1] = (1) on a 1...
GM: There's some metal on them, yes. Metal faced hide.
GM: Okay, he takes 9 damage and starts spraying burning blood out from a ghastly wound. The blood ignites his fur and he goes crashing into the ground in a smear of flaming ectoplasmic ichor.
GM: Nice shot.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Flying Monkey
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Demon: Odd flying monkeys launch poo balls at Lenia.
Demon: They miss.
Demon: Even flying monkeys reach back and grab more ammo as the circle Berkun.
Mordreona: ((thats so wrong))
Berkun: (heh)

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

whispering to Lenia, You can control your minions, if you'd like.
whispering to Lenia, You have ownership.
** Connell points at flaming monkey 5 and lets fly a bolt of lightning. (( 11y is what? I can't find the speed/range table. [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [4,2,4] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5 )) **
Berkun: -4
GM: The range is actually 21 with the height issue, so -7.
GM: You miss.
Connell: Boo.
GM: There's a pun there...

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: Flying monkey 2 is 6yd horizontal, what's that with height in account?
Lenia: Is that Monkey 5 within 5 hexes?
GM: 16 and yes.
Lenia: ((Coz I had a wait action))
** Mrugnak Steps and Aims at Monkey 2. **
Mrugnak: ***
Lenia: Innate Attack: [3d6.skill(14,-5)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (9) or less Success! by 3
Demon: Demon 5 blocks [3d6.skill(10,1-2)] => [6,3,6] = 15 vs (9) or less Failure! by 6
Lenia: [4d6-4] => [4,4,4,5,-4] = (13) burning, HT at -1 per 2 damage or stunned.
Demon: HT roll [3d6.skill(12,-4)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (8) or less Failure! by 4
Demon: HT roll [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Narrator: The demon shrieks as the lightning takes it straight in the chest. It spins out of control and plows into ground, smearing into ichor and ectoplasm and evaporating.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Lenia: Rapid cast and blast Concussion, firing for about 5 yards over the head of the flying monkeys clustered around Berkun. Exaggerated Gestures and Shouted Words; no FP reduction. Just a 1d6 concussion - the targets won't take damage at that range.
Lenia: Concussion: [3d6.skill(18,-6-3+4)] => [4,1,1] = 6 vs (13) or less Success! by 7 </b>
GM: You need to hit a target for it to explode.
Lenia: In that case, not rapid cast.
Lenia: And that's a crit. 6 vs 19.
GM: Yep. Uhm... +4 to hit.
Lenia: Woo.
Lenia: ###
Mrugnak: No, you have the +4 from the area attack in there

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Morderona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mrugnak: So net skill 15
Lenia: 'Area attack' assumes I'm hitting the ground.
Lenia: I have to actually hit something.
Mordreona: I stay where I am.
Mordreona: ###
Mrugnak: Yes, therefore you don't get the +4
Lenia: The +4 is from the gestures and words, Em.
Mrugnak: Oh!
Mrugnak: never mind.
Lenia: That was the spellcast, not the attack.
Mrugnak: >.>
Mrugnak: I'm a dope.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Flying Monkey)

Berkun: fast load[3d6] => [3,6,3] = (12), fast aim[3d6] => [5,4,5] = (14), shoot monkey 1 in vitals, barbed arrow [3d6.skill(22,-3-2-2+3-1)] => [3,1,3] = 7 vs (17) or less Success! by 10
Berkun: range is 7, I measured
Berkun: and it should be from behind
Lenia: +10 for height.
GM: +10 for the height advantage... but you rolled well enough to hit.
Berkun: can the monkey defend?
GM: I think you're still on 1's flank.
GM: So yes, he can defend [3d6.skill(10,1-2)] => [1,6,5] = 12 vs (9) or less Failure! by 3
GM: Not that it helps... roll damage.
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11) impaling to the vitals
Narrator: The monkey dodges frantically before exploding in blood and flame. The wreckage of it's body slams into the tree above Connell and dissolves into an unpleasant goo dripping down the branches.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Flying Monkey
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Berkun: Berkun never saw such creatures before, but has no time to comment on them now
Connell: "Ick."
** Lenia suppresses an urge to cackle and yell, "Get them, my pretties!" **
Demon: Even monkeys orbit Berkun, flinging flaming poo [3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [2,4,5] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
[3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [2,6,6] = 14 vs (10) or less Failure! by 4
[3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [1,5,1] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
[3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [5,1,1] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
[3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [3,5,6] = 14 vs (10) or less Failure! by 4
[3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [5,2,6] = 13 vs (10) or less Failure! by 3

GM: 6 and 8 both hit from your right flank, defend at -2.
Berkun: dodge [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [2,1,1] = 4 vs (10) or less Critical Success! [B556]
Berkun: dodge [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [1,1,4] = 6 vs (10) or less Success! by 4
Berkun: Berkun dances between the falling gobs
Demon: Monkeys 3 and 7 slam into Lenia from behind [3d6.skill(14,4)] => [2,1,5] = 8 vs (18) or less Success! by 10 Telegraphed.

[3d6.skill(14,4)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (18) or less Success! by 6  Telegraphed.


Demon: 3 [4d6+2] => [2,4,1,3,2] = (12) vs Lenia [3d6+1] => [1,6,1,1] = (9)
Demon: 7 [4d6+2] => [5,5,3,6,2] = (21) vs Lenia [3d6+1] => [3,4,4,1] = (12)
Lenia: Yikes.
GM: Lenia takes 6 and 10 crushing damage and needs to roll versus DX twice or fall over. Also, knockback (forward?)
GM: Lenia?
Lenia: That's before DR, right?
GM: Yes.
Lenia: Will to hold the Concussion: [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [4,3,6] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3
Lenia: Will to hold the Concussion: [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5
Lenia: DX: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [3,5,4] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Lenia: DX: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,6,2] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
GM: Uhm, High Pain Threshold and damage penalties?
Lenia: Right.
Lenia: Sorry.
Lenia: 4 damage is 8 shock.
Lenia: The other bounced off for 0 damage, btw.
GM: So boom and fall over?
Lenia: Concussion: [1d6] => [4] = (4) in Lenia's hex
Lenia: HT: [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [5,1,4] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
Lenia: But hey, no major wound!
Demon: Monkeys [3d6.skill(12,4-3)] => [3,6,4] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
[3d6.skill(12,4-3)] => [3,4,2] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
[3d6.skill(12,4-3)] => [1,1,1] = 3 vs (13) or less Critical Success! [B556]

Lenia: Aewynn, Leann, and Henrietta are also in the radius.
Mrugnak: :P
Leann: [3d6.skill(11,-3)] => [3,4,3] = 10 vs (8) or less Failure! by 2
GM: The demons aren't stunned... your allies are.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

GM: Connell?
GM: Lenia hit herself with a stunball of doom. What are you up to?
Connell: (( Errr...
Connell: (( Did she actually fall over?
Lenia: ((Very))
Connell: Holding his quarterstaff ready, he moves out closer to Lenia. "This is a terrible idea... this is a terrible idea..."
Connell: (( Done ))

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: I've lost Monkey 2.
Mrugnak: Oh hey there he is.
Mrugnak: Still 10y up I assume.
GM: The ones who slammed Lenia are at groundlevel, everyone else is up high.
Mrugnak: All Out Ranged-Attack: Determined Monkey 2, moving 4 yards closer to it (making net range 17, range penalty -6, +2 for Aiming I think, or +1 for ACC, I don't do ranged attacks much so I'm a wee confused)
GM: +2 for aiming.
Mrugnak: Right, net -4! Throwing the hatchet at the little bastard!
GM: -3 if all-out.
Mrugnak: ALL-OUT ATTACK: Determined (+4 to hit melee; +1 ranged); move up to 1/2 (forward only); no defend {B365}, Hatchet [3d6.skill(15,-1-6+2+2)] => [5,3,4] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0 Bless +2
Mrugnak: Oh, Forgot that. +1, success by 1 >.>
Mrugnak: (the leading -1 is for two layers of armor, btw.
Demon: Monkey 2 tries to Block! [3d6.skill(10,1)] => [3,6,5] = 14 vs (11) or less Failure! by 3
GM: You think, could be, who knows.
Mrugnak: Hatchet [4d6] => [6,5,2,3] = (16) cut
Mrugnak: (( ...? ))
Mrugnak: (( No, I'm pretty sure that's why I put -1 in there. ))
GM: He may have tried to block, but the axe sheared through the things body and disappears in the distance. A glob of dissolving ectoplasm smacks into the tree and boils away.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Lenia:
Stun recovery for Lenia: [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Stun recovery for hirelings: [3d6.skill(11,-3)] => [5,3,4] = 12 vs (8) or less Failure! by 4
Kaitlen:</b> Move towards Lenia with crossbow at the ready.

GM: Move.
Lenia: Can't move her.
GM: okay.
Lenia: Got it. Thanks.
Lenia: ###

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Morderona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I move.
Mordreona: I try to stay hidden.
Mordreona: ###
GM: sure, the monkey are busy with other threats.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Flying Monkey)

Berkun: Berkun narrows his eyes and arches his body for a long, ground-level shot...
Berkun: fast load[3d6] => [1,3,3] = (7), fast aim[3d6] => [5,2,4] = (11), shoot monkey 11 in vitals, barbed arrow [3d6.skill(22,-7-2-2+3-1)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Berkun: (range is 21)
Berkun: to monkey 11
GM: You definitely hit, easily missing Connell. Roll damage.
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11)
Berkun: oh, and step to get my back to the tree fully
Narrator: As one of the monkeys drops toward Lenia, Berkun puts an arrow into it and it drops, burning and evaporating.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Flying Monkey
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Berkun: Monkeys 3 and 7 move in and grab Lenia, one on each armor, and prepare to fly away with her.
Mrugnak: (( this is why you should always weigh 600+ lbs with gear, kids. ))
Lenia: ((I'm stunned, not unconscious. I get defenses?))
Mrugnak: (( at a -4 penalty, yes. ))
Demon: Even monkeys reach back and reload.
GM: Uhm... you're face down, lying down, and stunned. that's a -9 penalty.
Connell: (( Million-to-one chances happen nine times out of ten. Evade those graspy monkey hands, Lenia! ))
Lenia: ...I was seeing -7, because I didn't think 'face down' gave any greater penalty than 'prone'. But okay.
Lenia: ((-9 penalty is a dodge score of 1.))
Lenia: ((So no.))
GM: Is -7 going to be any better?
Lenia: It's a 3.
Mrugnak: a 3 is possible.
GM: go for it.
Lenia: Critical failure means I fall prone.
Lenia: Oh no.
Mrugnak: RARE, but Extra effort makes it 5
Lenia: They can also critfail the attack rolls.
Demon: Flaming Poo Monkey Wrestling Technique! [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [1,4,5] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6
[3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,2,5] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7

Lenia: Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,-7)] => [2,6,5] = 13 vs (3) or less Critical Failure! by 10 [B556]
Lenia: Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,-7)] => [1,4,6] = 11 vs (3) or less Failure! by 8
Lenia: Ahwell.
GM: Yeah, not so much.
Lenia: ((I'm just saying, they don't get to hose me automatically.))
GM: Fair enough.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

** Connell raises his hands and calls to the winds. (( 10-FP Shape Air, -2 FP cost, Shouted words [3d6.skill(16,-5+2)] => [4,4,2] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3 Total cost 8 FP )) **
Connell: (( On a line hitting the ones trying to carry Lenia away. ))
GM: What's the length, 10?
Connell: (( Checking that now
Connell: 50y
GM: !!!!
Mrugnak: (( NICE ))
Lenia: Does 5d knockback-only.
Connell: (( 5d knockback
Mrugnak: (( That's right, you sent my skull spirit shooting to the hills. ))
Connell: (( And it lasts a minute >.>
Lenia: Shape Air is *strong*. It warrants the huge FP cost.
GM: Roll 3 damages.
Connell: [5d6] => [3,4,3,6,3] = (19) [5d6] => [1,1,6,5,3] = (16) [5d6] => [6,3,5,6,4] = (24)
Lenia: Lenia is [1d3] => [3] = (3) on that list?
GM: Yes, so knockback 2 hexes. Demons are only knocked back 1 so you are torn from their grip.
Lenia: ((Nice work, Connell.))
Connell: (( Wait wait wait something I did had the intended effect?! ))
Narrator: The demon's laviscious squeals of glee turn to yelps of rage as Connell's wind blows them around.
Mrugnak: (( I owe you a cookie or something :D ))
Connell: (( AFK getting confetti. ))
Lenia: ((Wait, yeah, something's wrong. We need to change the rules again, Jeremy accomplished a goal.))
GM: Heh. Lenia, Staff at -6 to keep hold of it.
Lenia: Staff: [3d6.skill(14,-6)] => [2,1,3] = 6 vs (8) or less Success! by 2
GM: Nice!

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: "Leeeneee!"
** Mrugnak runs towards Lenia and Connell. **
** Lenia ends up rolling and tumbling through the mud, but manages to hold onto her staff. **
Mrugnak: ***

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Lenia:
Stun recovery for Lenia: [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [2,6,1] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
Stun recovery for hirelings: [3d6.skill(11,-3)] => [6,2,6] = 14 vs (8) or less Failure! by 6
Kaitlen: Fire at Monkey 7, Range 9 (-3), other mods for firing into the wind? Crossbow: [3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [1,4,5] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1

Lenia: Winds are probably bigger than a 1-point penalty.
Lenia: Oh, Kaelin, not Kaitlen.
Lenia: Sorry
GM: We'll call it a -5.
GM: missed shot hits the other [3d6.skill(6,0)] => [5,3,6] = 14 vs (6) or less Failure! by 8
Narrator: The bolt gets caught in the enormous wind and goes wide.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Morderona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I just move.
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Flying Monkey)

Berkun: fast load[3d6] => [2,2,2] = (6), fast aim[3d6] => [2,4,3] = (9), shoot monkey 6 in vitals, barbed arrow [3d6.skill(22,-3-2-2-2+3-1)] => [3,5,1] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
GM: It's on the other side of the tree... no.
Berkun: Berkun leaps from behind the tree and fires at one of the monkeys that just turned it's back on him
GM: Ah.
Berkun: (wait, I'll move the token first)
GM: Thank you.
GM: Roll damage.
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [1,6] = (7)
Narrator: The demon takes the arrow in the back and flames out before crashing.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Flying Monkey
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Lenia: ((5d more knockback?))
Demon: Monkeys 10, 12 wingover to make tight turns [3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [1,2,4] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4
[3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [3,5,5] = 13 vs (11) or less Failure! by 2

Demon: Monkey 10 succeeds and lands, throwing poo at point blank range [3d6.skill(16,-1-2)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
GM: Berkun takes [1d6+3] => [6,3] = (9)burning damage, armor protects.
Berkun: I risk catching fire, right?
GM: Monkeys 8 and 6 circle around.
GM: Monkeys 3 and 7 take to the skies again, screeching angrily.
Mrugnak: (( small chance if you take 1 damage, guaranteed after IIRC 5 ))
GM: Uhm... fire requires 10, or is that automatic inflammation.
GM: Thanks.
Mrugnak: AH, 10, yes.
Mrugnak: 10 is automagic. 3 pts for a chance, my error.
Mrugnak: Got it open now.
GM: You're smoldering, -2 to DX, distraction.
GM: Actually, you have DR2 from an armor spell, so no distraction - you can ignore the damage entirely, even on your face and eyes.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: wow, great
** Connell raises a hand and charges up another lightning spell, calling to the storms. (( -5 for 2 less FP, +2 for shouting, 4d-4 lightning bolt [3d6.skill(16,+2-3)] => [6,5,1] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3 )) **
GM: -1 for the active Shape Air, but yeah.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

GM: Oh, Lenia takes [5d6] => [3,3,3,4,6] = (19) knockback.
Mrugnak: #7 is how far off the ground?
GM: 7 yards, same with 3.
** Mrugnak runs after Lenia, trying to stop her from blowing away. **
GM: Heh.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Lenia: Can I roll to the side, and onto my back as a step?
GM: Yes.
GM: What grace, what style. =)
Lenia: I get a spellcast. >.>
GM: Wait, what? Oh dear.
Mrugnak: Step and Concentrate :D
GM: Go for it.
Lenia: Frostbite: -5 for 2 lower FP cost, -3 for distance (yay staff!), +2 for shouting on Monkey 7. [3d6.skill(20,-5-3-3+2)] => [6,1,2] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Lenia: HT-2 to resist. Damage is 4d.
Lenia: Wait.
Lenia: Magic resistance.
Lenia: I fail.
Lenia: ###
GM: Spend fatigue!

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Morderona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: Same as last round.
Lenia: Do not. I took a penalty not to. :P
GM: Oh.
Mordreona: ###
GM: Mordreona only fights traps. =)

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Flying Monkey)

Berkun: turn around, step forward and shoot monkey 1... and it's going to be a deceptive attack
Berkun: fast load [3d6] => [1,5,2] = (8) fast shot [3d6] => [3,5,1] = (9)
Berkun: so, range is 1 + height
Mordreona: ((or things on the ground I can sneak up on and run away from.))
GM: Deceptive doesn't apply to blocks, by the way.
Berkun: how much height?
GM: He's on the ground.
Berkun: oh, that's bad..
Berkun: I can't shoot over his shield?
Mrugnak: (( Back up and shoot? You can move half your move backwards and you can shoot on the run ))
Berkun: (shooting on the run means I can't have more than 9 skill)
Lenia: You can do an all-out (feint) to reduce Block.
Mrugnak: (( no, ))
Mrugnak: (( no, that's not how it works. ))
Berkun: (huh?)
Lenia: And no, shooting on the run means you take the weapon's bulk penalty, which because you're a heroic archer is nonexistent.
Berkun: (ah...)
Mrugnak: (( Ranged attacks don't have the 9 cap, they take Bulk in a penalty instead. But you're Heroic, so your Bulk is 0 ))
Lenia: Ranged move and attack is different from melee.
Lenia: If you're willing to do an all-out attack, or spend two rounds, you can feint and attack to reduce block chances.
GM: You can Feint - I'll even let you Feint and attack at -3 for being a Heroic Archer Weapon Master - but Deceptive doesn't effect Dodge.
Berkun: I'll make an AOA with feint
GM: Okay.
Berkun: okay, how was feint rolled?
GM: There's no cover penalty, since you're below the tree's branches.
Mrugnak: Weapon skill vs targets weapon skill
Berkun: and no range penalty
GM: Uhm.
GM: Weapon Bond and Balanced Count. So, you're at... whatever.
Berkun: [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (22) or less Success! by 11
Demon: Monkey countersneakiness! [3d6.skill(14,-11)] => [4,1,2] = 7 vs (3) or less Failure! by 4
GM: Roll the attack.
Berkun: and then a shot at vitals [3d6.skill(22,-2)] => [6,5,3] = 14 vs (20) or less Success! by 6
Mrugnak: ... (is that a -15 penalty on their defenses?)
Mrugnak: (( oh, no, only a -4 ))
Lenia: ((No, -11.))
GM: No, he only failed by 4 - I included the -11 penalty.
Lenia: Oh.
Lenia: In that case, fail by 1.
Demon: Block! [3d6.skill(10,1-4)] => [4,2,4] = 10 vs (7) or less Failure! by 3
Lenia: Wait, no, 4. Right.
Lenia: Ignore me.
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11)
Mrugnak: (( MATH IS HARD ))
Berkun: and probably dead
Lenia: Math is easy. GURPS is hard. >.>
Mrugnak: (( LETS GO SHOPPING ))
Narrator: Berkun aims at the beast's groin, then drives an arrow into it over its shield. It explodes, more or less.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Flying Monkey
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Berkun: (so, feint means the enemy rolls their weapon skill - (my margin of success) and gets a minus to their defense equal to their margin of failure?)
Lenia: ((Yeah.))
Mrugnak: (( Actually it's a quick contest. Mark doesn't like rolling those straight up, but the mechanics work out the same ;) ))
GM: It's a contest of skills, and I find it easier to subtract your success from their skill roll. So yeah.
Berkun: (it's good)
Berkun: (aha)
Demon: Monkeys 4, 8, and 12 land around Berkun, pelting him with poo. [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [4,3,1] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6

[3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [3,2,3] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6 
[3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [2,5,3] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4


Berkun: (but that means we're using a different mechanic that gives the same result or that it's just a different way of counting it?)
Demon: They do [1d6+3] => [3,3] = (6)
[1d6+3] => [4,3] = (7)
[1d6+3] => [3,3] = (6)

Demon: DR protects normally.
Berkun: armor protects for 6, so just 1 hp
Lenia: ((Different way of counting the same mechanic.))
Berkun: no, sorry...
Berkun: for 4
Berkun: so I get...
Berkun: 7 damage
GM: You've taken 12, so you're slowed.
GM: and you're at -4 on your active DX rolls until the end of your next turn.
Berkun: I've got DR4 on all locations
GM: Right, and?
Mrugnak: you said armor protects for 6
Berkun: so that should be 7 damage, unless I'm making some error
Berkun: 6-4=2 7-4=3 6-4=2
Lenia: +5 from earlier?
GM: You took 5 damage last turn when #10 through a big ball of poo at you.
Berkun: right
Berkun: I mean this turn
GM: Thank you!
Berkun: yes, then I took 5
Berkun: sorry
whispering to Berkun, How do I type "Thank you" in Polish? I only know French, German, and Japanese (and Czech if I remember to look it up)
Demon: Demons 3 and 7 climb frantically as they reload.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Lenia: "Reload".
Lenia: Such a sanitary word.
Connell: (( How high up are 3 and 7?
GM: 9 hexes.
** Connell aims at Monkey 3. **
GM: okay.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

** Mrugnak sees that Lenia is no longer blowing away. "Yay! Don't leave Leneee!" **
** Mrugnak draws a hatchet. "BAD MONKEY!" **
Mrugnak: ***

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Lenia: At 9 yards up, Regular spells really don't help.
Lenia: Get to her knees.
Lenia: ###

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Morderona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I think I am happy where I am.
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Flying Monkey)

Berkun: AoD, increase dodge, move 1 step

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Flying Monkey
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Mrugnak: AFK brb
Demon: Monkey 3 flies past Connell, flinging poo [3d6.skill(16,-2-2)] => [5,2,1] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
Berkun: Monkey 7 flies past Mrugnak, flinging poo [3d6.skill(16,1-2-2)] => [2,6,3] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
Demon: err... a demon did that!
** Connell attempts to parry. [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2 **
Demon: Monkey 12 makes a Committed Long attack to step twice and grab Berkun [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [1,2,4] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7 DA-2/-1
Mrugnak: (( bek ))
GM: You can't parry ranged attacks, Connell.
Mrugnak: (( yes you can? well, thrown weapons ))
Berkun: dodge...
GM: Berkun, you need to defend so the other demons can claw you.
Mrugnak: (( and flaming poo is a thrown weapon ))
GM: Okay, you're at -2 for flank, -1 for DA, +2 for AoD.
Berkun: I've got dodge reduced by 1/3, right?
GM: No, 1/5. So 5.
Connell: (( Well, I rolled 11 and my dodge is 9, so I fail
Berkun: feverish defense and retreat...
GM: Good plan!
Berkun: that comes down to how much? I'm confused a little
Berkun: dodge 12 usually
GM: Connell takes [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4) damage and his armor starts smoking.
Connell: (( Immune to fire because of the Salamander Charm, how much of the damage is fire and how much is.. um, poop damage? ))
Mrugnak: +3 for retreat, +2 for feverish
GM: Berkun 6 +5 -1 is 10. Nice!
Berkun: [3d6.skill(10)] => 3d6.skill(10)
GM: Ah, in that case, Connell takes no damage but his armor is still smoking.
GM: ,0 Pawel.
Berkun: wait, I get -5 from my wounds?
GM: No... halved for your wounds.
Berkun: okay
Berkun: [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [5,1,2] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2
Berkun: okay, I get it now
Berkun: halve dodge, got it now
Demon: Monkey 8 moves behind you, monkey 4 makes a Committed clawing [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [2,4,5] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3 DA-2/-1
Demon: You're at -3 to defend (flank and deceptive).
GM: Did Mrugnak defend?
Berkun: another feverish dodge... [3d6.skill(5,+1+2-3)] => [5,6,6] = 17 vs (5) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Mrugnak: Mrugnak missed that he was targeted!
Berkun: oops
GM: You take [1d6+2] => [6,2] = (8) cutting damage before DR and fall prone.
Berkun: that's 6 hp
GM: Oops, another 6 points after DR, then.
GM: You'll roll for consciousness on your turn.
Mrugnak: Dodge (9) [3d6.skill(9,-1+2)] => [1,5,6] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
** Mrugnak is wearing a salamander charm, fyi. **
Lenia: "Mrugnak! Mordreona! Help Berkun!"
GM: Mrugnak, there's flaming poo on your armor. it stinks and seems to be burning more than it was when the monkey threw it.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: Berkun shouts out furiously as the monkey claws trough his armor and rakes his body
Connell: (( Monkey 3 is how far now?
GM: 17 ish
** Connell lets the lightning bolt fly. [3d6.skill(15,-6+2)] => [3,4,3] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1 **
Demon: Block! [3d6.skill(10,1-2-2)] => [5,6,2] = 13 vs (7) or less Failure! by 6
Connell: [4d6-4] => [6,4,3,4,-4] = (13)
Narrator: The demon crashes into the river in an impressive boiling cloud of doom.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: "BLEH!"
** Mrugnak holds his breath, and turns to go help Berkun. **
Mrugnak: [13/2] => 6 seconds of breath holding
Mrugnak: 7 if Fit counts to bring effective HT up to 14
GM: Sure.
Mrugnak: ***

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Lenia: Get to her feet.
Lenia: ###
GM: anything else?
GM: Okay.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Morderona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: I run for Berkun. "Crap."
Mordreona: and fast draw my sword
Mordreona: Fast-Draw (ShortSword) (16) [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (16) or less Success! by 1 Includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Flying Monkey)

Berkun: roll 1 hex towards Mrugnak, into the same hex a monkey is, drop bow and fast-draw knife[3d6] => [3,5,4] = (12)
Berkun: and my consciousness roll [3d6] => [2,3,5] = (10)
Berkun: if I'm still at -4 then I fail to fast-draw
GM: You're still at -4 for this round's pain.
Berkun: no wait, I don't! combat reflexes gives +1
Berkun: success by 0 on fast-draw then
GM: Okay.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Flying Monkey
(on deck: [26] Connell)

GM: Connell and Mrugnak need to make HT-3 rolls (at +3 for Mrugnak) or take 1d3+3 toxic poison damage.
Mrugnak: Mrugnaks' holding his breath?
Mrugnak: Or is the HT+3 for that?
Connell: HT [3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [6,1,2] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
GM: The HT+0 is for that.
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0+2)] => [1,1,4] = 6 vs (15) or less Success! by 9 Bless +2
Mrugnak: Ah, kk
GM: Sigh...
Demon: Monkey 4 grabs Berkun [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [3,2,3] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6 DA -2/-1
Lenia: Damn those Delvers and their strong lungs.
Berkun: I can parry a grapple?
Demon: Monkeys 8, 12 piles on.
GM: Yes, you're at -3 for being on your back and -1 for their speed.
GM: +1 for your DB, though...
Berkun: [3d6.skill(13,-3-1+1)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Berkun: DB?
GM: The Deflect spell on your armor gives you +1 Defense Bonus.
Berkun: the armor bonus?
Berkun: then it's failure by 3
Berkun: I accounted it already
GM: You're grabbed and are at -4 on all DX rolls (-1 Dodge, -2 parry/block).
Demon: Monkeys 8 and 12 pile in, grabbing your arms [3d6.skill(16,-1-2)] => [6,3,2] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2 DA-2/-1
[3d6.skill(16,-1-2)] => [5,1,3] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4 DA-2/-1

GM: Two more defense rolls.
Demon: Monkey 7 reloads.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: feverish parry [3d6.skill(13,-3-1-2+2)] => [1,3,6] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
Berkun: feverish parry [3d6.skill(13,-3-1-2+2)] => [5,5,6] = 16 vs (9) or less Failure! by 7
** Connell appears to grasp at the air and turns the Shape Air jet around to blast at the monkeys holding Berkun. **
GM: Can you do that?
Mrugnak: Yes, he can shape it :D
Connell: Unless I have been lied to >.>
Mrugnak: Although not sure if he can after casting? It would make sense compared to the other shape spells.
GM: Hmm.
Lenia: Wait, sorry.
GM: I suppose so.
Lenia: I gave Connell bad information. That's my bad.
GM: No, I'm good with it.
Connell: *stomps on Lenia's foot* Shutupshutupshutup
GM: Connell will need to make an Innate Attack roll to hit this time, though.
GM: Only the first one is free.
GM: Normal penalties for range.
GM: Which is -5, in this case.
Connell: Ok. +4 for hitting a hex?
Connell: ... what kind of innate attack is this? And how does it default from Innate Attack: Whatever Lightning Bolt Is.
GM: It's a really long Jet, and the +4 for hitting a hex applies.
GM: So -2 off of Beam (which is Lightning, I think).
Connell: [3d6.skill(15,+4-2-5)] => [3,5,2] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
GM: Roll damage, Berkun is first.
Connell: [5d6] => [4,5,6,5,2] = (22) [5d6] => [4,3,6,5,6] = (24) [5d6] => [3,4,6,1,6] = (20) [5d6] => [1,6,6,2,5] = (20)
Connell: (( Why is my most effective attack the Hairdryer Of Death? ))
Lenia: ...I hope Berkun can swim.
GM: They're all bounced back 1 yard in a pile. The demons stay attacked to Berkun.
GM: Connell, roll Tactics +2 (IQ -4).
Connell: [3d6.skill(14,-4)] => [3,5,4] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Connell: (( This is a GREAT idea and I will totally keep doing it. ))
Mrugnak: +2 for the bonus?
Mrugnak: so success by 0?
GM: on a 1, sweep west, otherwise, east. [1d2] => [2] = (2)
GM: Tactics is IQ-6.
Lenia: ((That's why it was -4 instead of -6.))
Mrugnak: Oh, QQ
Narrator: Connell scythes the windstorm to his left, sending the retainers flying and hitting Mordreona.
GM: Damage is [5d6] => [3,6,3,4,3] = (19)
Connell: (( Careful with this ruling, it sounds bad now but I will totally use it to blow an entire orc army off a cliff someday. ))
Lenia: ((doh))
GM: Mordreona is knocked back and needs roll DX at +6 or be knocked over.
GM: stupid Perfect Balance.
Mordreona: DX (15) [3d6.skill(15,-6)] => [1,3,5] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
GM: Good enough.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: So situation is Berkun + Monkeys in a pile, not in the air?
Mrugnak: ...
GM: Right, they're being pushed along the ground.
Mrugnak: IQ (8) [3d6.skill(8,0+2)] => [4,2,2] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2 Bless +2
** Mrugnak will NOT run up and do a flying belly flop on top of the mess. **
Mrugnak: Yay Bless.
** Mrugnak WILL run up. **
GM: There's a huge, focused wind gust next to you, kicking up dust and leaves.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Lenia: Move.
Lenia: ###

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Morderona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mordreona: Will I run into the wind if I move to Berkun?
GM: If you enter that hex, yes you will, or hexes in the line between Connel and Berkun.
Mordreona: OK, I move.
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Flying Monkey)

GM: Berkun is grabbed - one monkey on the torso, one on each arm.
Berkun: do I still have -4 from shock?
GM: That went away.
GM: You can't attack with either arm and you're at -4 to all DX rolls.
Berkun: I bite the monkey holding my right arm in the hand
GM: YUCK!
GM: Go for it!
Mrugnak: ... it's flaming, and has been handling monkey poo.
Mrugnak: FYI
Connell: You... you KNOW what he's been doing with...
Berkun: DX 15, no brawling
Berkun: Berkun is acting instinctually and fighting for his life
GM: You have no idea.
Berkun: and tasted worse
Berkun: what do I default too?
Mrugnak: DX actually :D
Berkun: DX with a minus?
GM: DX is fine for biting.
Mrugnak: nope, straight DX
GM: well, -4 for being grappled, sure.
Lenia: DX, -5 for hand.
Mrugnak: It's pretty Instinctual.
GM: I'll give him the hand at no penalty, so it's just DX -4.
Berkun: all out attack, determined [3d6.skill(15,-4+4)] => [2,1,3] = 6 vs (15) or less Success! by 9
Berkun: since I won't be dodging or parrying much anyway
Demon: Armored? Sure. Scared anyway? On a 1. [1d3] => [2] = (2)
GM: He lets you bite him.
Berkun: that's how much damage? 1?
Mrugnak: AOA also sacrifices resistance rolls to wresting >.>
Mrugnak: Thrust -2
GM: It's your thrust damage, -1. So...
Lenia: thr-3 cr, IIRC.
GM: Oh, -2.
GM: Whatever.
Mrugnak: or something?
Mrugnak: crap
GM: Thr-2 sounds good.
Berkun: [1d6-1] => [2,-1] = (1)
Berkun: aha, 1 damage...
GM: You clench down on monkey fist poo, but its has supernatural armor and takes no pain.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Flying Monkey
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Demon: The monkeys lift Berkun off the ground. I hope.
GM: What does Berkun weigh?
Lenia: ...That may be the single strangest thing I've ever heard a game master utter.
Connell: That's a lie and you know it.
Berkun: around 80kg
Berkun: he's rather light on his own
Mrugnak: And your gear?
GM: Ah, 176 lbs plus 49 lbs of gear is 225 lbs. They can each lift 68 lbs... so shit.
Mrugnak: hee
Berkun: count around 130lbs
Berkun: I just checked the table
Narrator: Cackling evilly, the monkeys strain to pull Berkun off the ground but fail.
Mrugnak: This is why you ALWAYS write down your weight, kids.
Demon: Monkey 7 dives behind Connell before moving toward Lenia, tossing Poo as he goes [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [6,4,4] = 14 vs (14) or less Success! by 0
Berkun: right... another mistake:)
GM: Connell can Dodge at -2 for the runaround attack.
** Connell doesn't dodge due to being immune to flaming poop. **
Lenia: Deflect Missile: [3d6.skill(18,-4-3)] => [2,6,5] = 13 vs (11) or less Failure! by 2 (I assume Blocking spells can't get bonus for gesture or words)
GM: Right.
GM: Okay, more flaming poo stink surrounds Connell in a poisonous cloud.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

GM: Roll damage for the knuckleheads still in the air blast.
Connell: (( Mrugnak, 3 monkeys, and Berkun?
GM: Not Mrugnak.
Connell: My Pretties: [5d6] => [2,4,5,6,3] = (20) [5d6] => [5,4,1,1,5] = (16) [5d6] => [4,2,3,5,4] = (18) Berk: [5d6] => [6,1,1,4,3] = (15)
GM: They keep getting pushed back.
Lenia: Splash?
GM: 1 more hex.
Berkun: (once we fall into the water, they might feel worse for it)
Berkun: (since their wings might get all wet)
Mrugnak: And their fires might go out!
GM: Well, they're flying right now, actually, just not enough to lift you off the ground.
** Connell calls out another lightning bolt. hopefully. (( -5 for -2 FP, +2 for shouting. [3d6.skill(16,-5+2)] => [4,2,6] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1 )) **
Connell: (( Uh, and 4d4-4 again. ))
GM: oh dead.
GM: dear.
GM: word.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Demon: DX rolls versus falling [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,6,2] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1
[3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,4,2] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7
[3d6.skill(14,0)] => [3,1,3] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7

Mrugnak: All Out Attack: Dual. Run up to Berkun, grab the two monkeys!
Mrugnak: I'm SM +1, so I get +1 to hit while grabbing them (love wrestling skills)
GM: Take [5d6] => [2,4,3,4,3] = (16) knockback first and totally don't care.
** Mrugnak mocks the knockback **
GM: There's 3 monkeys, by the way...
Lenia: The breeze ruffles his loincloth.
Mrugnak: Well, I grab two.
Mrugnak: Cuz I gots two hands.
Lenia: Stick 'em on your horns and wear 'em like a hat.
Mrugnak: OOO!
Mrugnak: Wrestling (14) [3d6.skill(14,+1+2)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8 Bless +2 Conditional: -1 from 'Size Modifier' when Bigger Than Them
Mrugnak: Wrestling (14) [3d6.skill(14,+1+2)] => [2,1,6] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8 Bless +2 Conditional: -1 from 'Size Modifier' when Bigger Than Them
Demon: Poo flinging monkey dodge! [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [6,2,3] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
[3d6.skill(10,0)] => [2,2,3] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3

GM: You grab one of them, anyway.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Mrugnak: "BAD MONKEY!"
Lenia: Monkey 7 is 10 yards up?
GM: No, he landed.
Lenia: Oh.
GM: He wants to get friendly with you.
Lenia: Frostbite: (-5 for -2 FP cost, +2 gestures, +2 shouts, -3 spells on, -4 MR) [3d6.skill(20,-5+2+2-3-4)] => [6,5,1] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Lenia: HT to resist.
Lenia: (Bleh)
Lenia: But 4d damage.
Demon: Resistance! [3d6.skill(12,4)] => [3,1,5] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7
Lenia: Do I get the MR penalty both ways?
Demon: "Hur hur hur"
Lenia: -4 to cast, +4 to his resists?
Mrugnak: Yes.
Lenia: Wow.
GM: I think so, but if not, it's still a 9 vs 12.
Mrugnak: Yep
GM: Yeah, sucks.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Morderona
(on deck: [28] Berkun)

Mrugnak: Nope, it double dips.
Mordreona: I step back, what with the wind and lightning in my face.
GM: Ah, bravery.
Mordreona: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Berkun
(on deck: [28] Flying Monkey)

Lenia: ((I might actually have to spend FP to slow these buggers down.))
GM: Berkun?
Mordreona: ((I need to afk for 2 min or so, BRB))
Berkun: here
Berkun: I...
Berkun: huh, how many are grabbing me?
Berkun: have I got a hand free?
Mrugnak: 3
Mrugnak: One si grabbed so he has a -4 dx
GM: 3 flaming flying monkey demons.
Berkun: I try to free my right hand
GM: Okay, roll ST.
Berkun: [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [5,1,2] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8
Demon: Hold on! [3d6.skill(13,2-8)] => [3,1,4] = 8 vs (7) or less Failure! by 1
Mrugnak: woo
Narrator: With a grunt, Berkun wrenches his knife arm free on the flaming monkey.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Flying Monkey
(on deck: [26] Connell)

GM: Mrugnak must roll HT or take poison.
GM: Connell must roll HT-3, twice, or take poison damage.
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0+2)] => [6,5,1] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3 Bless +2
Demon: The Demon Mrugnak has is [1d3] => [3] = (3)
Demon: 12, not the one that had Berkun's arm.
Demon: It tries to break free of Mrugnak [3d6.skill(13,2)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Demon: The other two monkeys drop their shields.
** Mrugnak resists with ST! **
Mrugnak: ST (20) [3d6.skill(20,0+2)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (22) or less Success! by 14 Bless +2
Demon: [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,5,3] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5
[3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5

Narrator: The mighty minotaur is vaguely aware that the puny simian is trying to escape his grasp.
Berkun: (by the way, I forgot to make consciousness rolls...)
Connell: HT x2 [3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [3,2,4] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2 [3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [4,1,2] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4
Berkun: (I missed like... 4 turns, right?)
GM: 2 turns. roll 'em.
Berkun: [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [3,1,2] = 6 vs (13) or less Success! by 7
Berkun: [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [2,1,5] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
GM: Sigh. Sigh sigh.
Berkun: (just two? it felt like longer...)
Berkun: (both done)
GM: ah.
Demon: Monkey 7 jumps at Lenia [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [1,2,2] = 5 vs (14) or less Success! by 9 DA -2/-1
Demon: grappling her, hopefully.
GM: and she's holding her staff in 1 hand, right?
Lenia: Yup.
GM: Dodge or be grabbed by a lustful demonic monkey!
Lenia: Retreating Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,-1+2+3)] => [3,1,3] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7
Lenia: Shield spells are handy.
Mordreona: ((back))

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [26] Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

** Connell turns and fires the lightning bolt at the monkey attacking Lenia. (( [3d6.skill(15,-3)] => [3,4,1] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4 )) **
Demon: flying monkey parry [3d6.skill(10,1-2-2)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (7) or less Failure! by 4
Demon: Doh!
Connell: [4d6-4] => [6,1,5,3,-4] = (11)
Lenia: "That was MY monkey!"
Connell: "I didn't see your name on it!"
GM: Now it's your puddle of ectoplasmic ichor.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: All Out Attack: Dual! For my FIRST attack, I grab the monkey that's still holding Berkun (That I don't already have a hand full of). -4 deceptive for -2 defense.
GM: Okay. BTW, they got pushed by the air blast and are now in the water...
Mrugnak: Wrestling (14) [3d6.skill(14,+1+2)] => [2,4,3] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8 Bless +2 Conditional: -1 from 'Size Modifier' when Bigger Than Them
GM: well, over the water except for Berkun.
Mrugnak: I'll use the move from AOA then.
GM: 'kay.
Mrugnak: and the penalties didn't get counted in there but it still worked.
GM: Don't you have Reach?
Mrugnak: Enh.
Mrugnak: They fly. Might get out of reach.
Mrugnak: Anyways, Monkey I'm grabbing, defends?
Mrugnak: AoAd?
GM: Oh, right.
Demon: Dodge [3d6.skill(10,-2)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (8) or less Success! by 2
Mrugnak: foo.
Mrugnak: Monkey in my hand, goes on my horn.
GM: He scuttles out of your grasp.
GM: Eek!
Mrugnak: How much does he weigh?
GM: About 130 lbs/60 kgs.
Mrugnak: So, <2×BL
Mrugnak: Probably relevant at some point. Anyways, I'm pretty sure this is Brawling, he's at -4 DX = -1 Dodge.
GM: Yep.
Mrugnak: Deceptive -4/-2
Mrugnak: Striker (Horns; Impaling) [3d6.skill(16,-4-1+2)] => [5,5,2] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1 Bless +2 Conditional: -1 from 'Size Modifier' when Bigger Than Them
Demon: Block! [3d6.skill(10,1-2-2)] => [3,4,3] = 10 vs (7) or less Failure! by 3
Mrugnak: Striker (Horns; Impaling) [2d6+4] => [5,2,4] = (11) imp
Narrator: The demon frantically tries to get his shield in the way as Mrugnak briefly turns him into a hat.
Narrator: But the dying demon instead gloops into ectoplasm and mists into nothingness.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Lenia
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Lenia: Move.


End of Round

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.