FANDOM


Narrator: The delvers return to Polisberg after their expedition to the Caverns of Madness.
Sithis: ooh! i don't speak English, it is very difficult for me if Wrathgon type not English
Singeon: ???
Singeon: Wrathgon, you see Doctor Who Saturday? It was awesome!
Wrathgon: so i am playing the dumb fighter type heh
Arganyev: shhh, Mark is beginning the session
Wrathgon: what race is he ?
Mrugnak: Wrathgon, you're playing dumb archer type. Ogre.
Wrathgon: ogre OK
GM: I am talking. Please discuss questions on MapTools (like I reminded you guys 4 minutes ago!) and let me get started.
** Singeon is ready for... whatever! **
Narrator: Lenia immediately headed to the high class parts of town, claiming she would meet with the nobility and fence the loot.
Narrator: The other delvers, not generally being blessed with invitations to the homes of the nobility, headed to the Polisberg Inn to relax.
GM: What are people up to, other than relaxing and spending silly amounts of money on beer?
** Singeon would have bathed before entering town, in a lake or something. **
Wrathgon: i try not to scare the other drinkers
whispering to Arganyev, Any luck with the download?
** Singeon puts his special order in at the armorer, then will head to the inn an boast about their adventures! **
Wrathgon: but order a key of ale to be put beside table for ease of access
Sithis: I put my magical hat and read books of magic
Wrathgon: i see if there is a dartboard
Singeon: Buying drinks for people to enjoy our success. I'll allocate $500 for that (Living Large).
Wrathgon: and start playing if there is one
GM: There's a dartboard.
Wrathgon: OK see if anyone what to play??? maybe get beats going
Wrathgon: but play down my skill being a big lout
Sithis: me no, only read
GM: You're not that skilled with darts, really.
GM: But hey! who knows if the competition is. How much are you wagering?
Wrathgon: 10 gp
GM: That's some serious money - the equivalent of $4000 modern day.
** Singeon yells encouragement to his Ogre friend. **
GM: You're not getting a lot of takers, though 1 catgirl looks interested.
Wrathgon: $10 then
GM: oh, sure, plenty of people take that money.
Wrathgon: doesn't say how much he has
GM: About $8000, really.
Wrathgon: OK $100 then
GM: Okay. Roll your darts skill (which is Throwing)
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [5,6,4] = (15)
GM: generic PC [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [6,2,5] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
GM: The other player gets it in the middle ring. You wedge the dart on the very outside of the board.
GM: You loose your stake. He looks happy.
Wrathgon: what did he roll?
** Singeon whispers to Sithis, "Maybe you can get that back for him, you know, pickity pockety." **
GM: 13, versus a skill of 13.
Wrathgon: anyone up for arm wrestling :)
GM: Not for 100 against an ogre, unless Mrugnak wants to try.
Wrathgon: but i rolled a 15 so don't i beat him?
whispering to Mrugnak, What are you typing? Your thesis?
GM: No, GURPS is a roll-under system.
Wrathgon: shit
Wrathgon: OK
Wrathgon: i go sit in corner giving evil eye to winner
GM: He looks scared, but not enough to do anything about it... yet.
** Mrugnak stomps over to the bar and pounds one oversized fist on the counter. "Drink! Drink for Mrugnak!" **
Singeon: Lay off him Thog. he beat you fair.
GM: The bartender gives you one.
Wrathgon: i lean over to group and whisper nothing while looking at him
** Mrugnak pulls out a small handfull of silvers, and squints at them suspiciously before paying up. **
** Mrugnak carefully counts each coin, moving his lips as he does. **
** Wrathgon glares at winner **
GM: excuse for a second - busy.
** Mrugnak surveys the room, looking for someone to drink with. **
Singeon: Thog, look at the women instead of him. People will talk.
** Singeon says to Thog, "Why is that guy wearing a bull mask?" **
GM: Mrugnak notices an ogre and a small man without a hat looking at him.
** Mrugnak pricks up his ears and stomps over to Singeon and Thog. He snags a chair from another table as he's walking by. **
** Singeon stands, beer in hand, on the bench and addresses the stranger, "Is there a fancy dress party somewhere, sir? I always love a party!" **
** Mrugnak blinks and stops, looking blank, in a bovine sort of way, before grinning broadly and slamming his chair down. "Party! Yes, party good! Mrugnak like party too!" **
GM: Can everyone see the map?
** Mrugnak drops into the chair, which groans under his weight, and takes a big gulp of his beer. **
Singeon: "That is a rather realistic mask. How much you pay for it?
Mrugnak: (( I see it. ))
Singeon: ((aye))
Mrugnak: (( my facing appears to be upside down? ))
** Singeon grabs a cheek and tugs. "Did you glue it on?" **
Mrugnak: (( it points my back towards the mouse pointer ))
Wrathgon: man this does
Wrathgon: doesn't tell you when u msg are type
Singeon: ((right mouse click and flip it))
** Mrugnak jerks his head back and swats at Singeon's hands. "Ow! No do that!" **
Wrathgon: yea see tit
Singeon: "That's what you get for glueing that thing on."
GM: If you guys want to fight, just tell me so.
** Mrugnak frowns heavily, and leans over Singeon. "No do." He snorts, blowing beery breath at Singeon, and leans back again. **
Singeon: "Well, you enjoy a good ale, you can't be that bad. I'm Singeon, Extreme Swordsman, and this is my archer buddy, Thog."
Narrator: A jester performs unamusing pratfalls in the center of the room.
** Mrugnak grins, showing a lot of crooked yellow teeth, and thumps his free hand in the middle of his chest. "Mrugnak!" **
Wrathgon: "i can shoot when things are not so small, dump darts and dartboard
Singeon: "Bless you." Singeon hands him a napkin.
** Mrugnak takes the napkin and stares at it. **
** Singeon tells Thog to calm down. **
** Mrugnak sniffs at it, shrugs, and gives it back to Singeon. **
Singeon: "Nevermind then." Singeon puts the napkin down.
** Mrugnak looks around. "You say party. Where party?" **
** Singeon asks, "Here, celebrating our victory over the Caves of Chaos, er, Madness. I didn't get your name by the way." **
Wrathgon: What we waiting for? wasn't party in noble house?
Narrator: A group of nearly identical looking thugs approaches the delvers.
** Mrugnak squints at Singeon. "Mrugnak say. You ears OK?" **
** Mrugnak cocks his head to the side, trying to peer in Singeon's ear. **
GM: "Hey, human, what are you doing with these two monsters? You some kind of necromancer?"
** Singeon says, "Oh, Mrugnak. OK." **
Generic Monster: "Hey, monster-lover! You heard what I said!"
** Singeon stands on the bench, "I am Singeon, Extreme Swordsman, at your service friends." **
** Mrugnak looks up from peeking in Singeon's ear to stare at the thugs. "You not fun party." **
** Singeon says, "The monsters are no trouble. Perhaps if I buy you a drink." **
** Wrathgon gets up and looks around "Monsters where???" **
Generic Monster: "We aren't talking to you, bull-head. We're talking to the monster-lover. You like monsters?"
** Singeon says, "When they are pulling the arms off my enemies. Of course, accept the drink, be my friend and we can avoid such sadness." **
** Wrathgon looks at humans "I think human mothers birth more monsters than ogre ones" **
** Mrugnak frowns again. "Why no talk Mrugnak?" **
** Wrathgon laughs at his own joke **
Generic Monster: "A drink? We don't tolerate monsters around here." He looks at his friends, measures the odds. "We're the local Monster Exterminators. You owe us a lot more if you're going to let those two stink up our bar."
** Singeon says, "Funny, I didn't see a sign." **
Generic Monster: "A what?"
** Singeon says, "Tell you what, you want to see a monster look in that mirror behind the bar." **
** Wrathgon says "we can join you little band looks like you need help anyway" **
** Mrugnak frowns a little more. "Mrugnak no stink." **
** Mrugnak carefully puts his drink down on the table, and stands up. **
** Mrugnak bumps his horns on the ceiling. **
** Singeon says, "Calm, friends. **
** Mrugnak hunches a little, and looms at the lead thug. "Mrugnak no stink." **
Generic Monster: "There's no monsters in mirrors! Just two right here! Now are you going to pay up, or will we have to throw you and your monsters friends out of the bar?"
Generic Monster: "What?! Yes you do, you smelly bull!"
Wrathgon: me get tried of little man's talk go away now
Generic Monster: "The ditches you live you smell better than you!"
** Singeon says, "I think you all should leave. Just a warning." **
Generic Monster: "Naw-huh! You should leave! Or pay up!"
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [6,2,2] = (10) int check
Singeon: What is above us, GM?
GM: Yes, Thog is dumb.
GM: Okay the scene.
Wrathgon: :) doesn't understand insult heh
** Mrugnak sniffs at the thug critically. "Mrugnak no stink. Man stink." **
** Wrathgon he smell no worst then you humans **
GM: The Tavern of the Polisberg Inn is a large room. There's a bar running along the north wall. There's a half doze people in there, including the bartender and serving wenches.
Generic Monster: "Are you insulting me, cow-boy?"
Singeon: Any chandeliers, etc, for swashbucking?
Mrugnak: (( Debating class, general level... ))
GM: Certainly! Whatever you need. No bannisters, though - sorry. Anything else, just assume it's on hand and tell me where you want it.
** Wrathgon gets tried of this picks up a table and using it to swat the human talking **
GM: Or just note it on the map yourself.
GM: Okay, that's offensive... combat starts!
** Mrugnak scrunches up his face, and winds up for a punch, but is pre-empted by Thog! **

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Mrugnak: Mrugnak go last!
GM: Thog, what are you up to?
Wrathgon: OK hmmm how do i do this then?
Wrathgon: using table to smash human
GM: Tell me what you're doing - picking up the table. That's fine. Actually, you've picked it up.
GM: Okay, which human?
Wrathgon: then throw it at group
GM: There's, y'know, 9 of them.
Wrathgon: what that been talking to us
GM: That's RogueW1, who's 4 yards away. Out of each reach. You can either slam into him, or make a clumsy swing.
Singeon: Who was talking to me?
Wrathgon: thats OK try to throw at head head and hope the str will bowl over some more
whispering to Singeon, RogueW1, in case I didn't make it clear.
Wrathgon: can i throw table at him?
GM: Sure!
GM: Roll Throwing at -2.
Wrathgon: OK do that then draw a real weapon IF they start to do the same
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [4,1,4] = (9)
Wrathgon: :)
GM: They're armed with fists and beer mugs.
GM: okay.
Wrathgon: OK no weapons then
Generic Monster: Leader: Dodge! [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [1,1,4] = 6 vs (9) or less Success! by 3
Wrathgon: keep it bar brawl
GM: He nimbly leaps out of the way of the table.
Wrathgon: what ab
Wrathgon: what about guys behind?
GM: Say again?
Wrathgon: what about guys behide him
Mrugnak: Table hit anyone behind the talker?
Wrathgon: table goes past him to hit others?
GM: Good point [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [3,4,1] = 8 vs (9) or less Success! by 1
Generic Monster: Black cloaked thug: dodge [3d6.skill(8,0)] => [4,6,3] = 13 vs (8) or less Failure! by 5
GM: You totally clobber him. Damage is 2d6+1 if you want to roll it.
Wrathgon: [2d6+1] => [3,4,1] = (8)
Narrator: The table crunches into the thug and ribs break. He is knocked to the ground and doesn't get up.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Wrathgon: hmmm i see why u like the chat
Singeon: Can i jump onto the table that was thrown?
GM: Sure! It's a move, though.
Singeon: Okay, I'll do that 1 FP for Heroic Charge then kick W1 in the chest.
GM: okay. no penalties to kick the guy.
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,2,5] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
Singeon: For the jump
Singeon: I still have the -2 for kicking, right?
Singeon: Or am I high enough to negate?
GM: yes, but I'll call it a -2/-1 deceptive attack, too.
Singeon: [3d6+2] => [5,5,2,2] = (14)
Singeon: Made it by 2!!!!
GM: Where'd you get a +2? Whatever.
Singeon: Its -2 to skill, so +2 to roll
Singeon: and I deal with yhe crit problems as they come up
Generic Monster: Thug leader: parry! [3d6.skill(11,-1)] => [3,6,5] = 14 vs (10) or less Failure! by 4
GM: Yeah, don't do that anymore, okay. confuses me.
GM: You hit him in the chest.
GM: Damage?
Singeon: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
Singeon: Is that right?
Singeon: Kick thr is ST thrust
GM: You bruise him with a glancing kick (it's actually 1d6+1, with your boots on) but he's still in the fight.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [20] Idiots)

** Wrathgon looks around to see what rest of bar is doing and if anyone is going to call watch(i have a hard time playing dumb chars sorry heh) **
GM: Turns are 1 second long, so most people haven't had a chance to react.
Wrathgon: 1 sec???
Wrathgon: wow
** Mrugnak puts his fist down, because his target got pasted with a table. Instead, he ROARS at RogueU, RogueW, and RogueW1. **
GM: And...?
Mrugnak: Intimidation >.>
GM: roll at -1 for a group.
Mrugnak: [3d6.skill(13,-1)] => [1,6,3] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2 +whatever for being big.
GM: +1 for SM1. They resist with [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [6,6,5] = 17 vs (11) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Mrugnak: Nice.
GM: [3d6.frightcheck(11,-1)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (10) or less Success! by 0
GM: They decide to back off, for now. They're definitely scared.
GM: You get U1 as a bonus 'cause I can't see a way to yell at people on either side of him but not him.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Idiots
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Wrathgon: whats U1?
Mrugnak: (( woops, I meant the group of three on the right. ))
GM: Oh, that's slightly less insane. okay.
Mrugnak: (( W2 not W1. ))
Generic Monster: They step back.
Wrathgon: nm
Generic Monster: The leader punches Singeon! [3d6.skill(15,-2)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2 deceptive -2/-1
** Singeon says, "Mrugnak, that mask is amazing!" **
Singeon: acrododge
Singeon: Acrobatics (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,4,5] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
GM: Sure.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,+2)] => [5,2,1] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6
Generic Monster: Big Burly thug RogueU performs an all-out flying tackle on Singeon [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [6,2,5] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1 -6/-3 deceptive!
** Singeon leaps over the swinging arm. **
GM: and misses, as Singeon vaults into the air!
GM: He crashes to the floor past Singeon.
** Singeon lets out a laugh! **
Wrathgon: ((they don't like singeon do they heh))
Singeon: ((I offered them a drink))
GM: Big Burly thug RogueU2 performs an all-out flying tackle on Thog [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,4,1] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7 -4/-2 deceptive, Strong
GM: Thog will need to parry or dodge, at -2 for his attacker's speed.
Wrathgon: i don't got either skill
GM: Your basic dodge is 10. You're at -2, so roll under an 8.
Wrathgon: and parry?
GM: it's a 9, you're not the best brawler ever.
Wrathgon: i got 13 skill in it
Wrathgon: brawler that is
GM: Yes. that's talented amateur level.
GM: parry is skill/2 +3.
Wrathgon: ok
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [6,5,5] = (16)
GM: So 9. Dodge or parry, please.
Wrathgon: heh
Wrathgon: nope no parry for me
GM: Okay, you were busy throwing a table, anyway. He tackles you.
GM: him: [2d6+3] => [5,1,3] = (9) you: [2d6+1] => [1,2,1] = (4)
** Singeon yells, "Don't let him kiss you, Thog!" **
Wrathgon: tackles me and does what exactly?
GM: Knocks you over, and does 2 points of damage to you. Owch! You're both prone. His two buddies run up, ready to curb stomp you.
Wrathgon: ok so i take 4 dmg?
GM: No, 2 damage.
Wrathgon: ok do u track that?
GM: (yes) You barely notice. Actually, since you have High Pain Threshold, you don't notice.
GM: I mean, you feel it, but it doesn't affect you at all.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Wrathgon: i stand up, pick up guy that tackled me and throw him at his 2 friends coming in
Wrathgon: ru
GM: Well... more like you get to your knees. The rest will have to wait a bit.
Wrathgon: RogueU
GM: Okay.
GM: You kneel. Stick with that.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Singeon: Jump over W1 and land behind him, move on hex forward then turn to face him.
Singeon: Jumping (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7
Singeon: ###
GM: Sounds good to me.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [20] Idiots)

** Mrugnak steps up to RogueW1 and backhands him in the face. (All out attack determined) [3d6.skill(15,-5+4)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3 **
Generic Monster: Thug Leader: Dodge and Retreat [3d6.skill(9,3)] => [1,3,5] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3
Generic Monster: "Yikes!"
Mrugnak: (( Defenses? me? against empty-handed monkeys? ))
whispering to Mrugnak, Please say what you're doing before you do it! Thanks.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Idiots
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: Rogue Leader: step to the side and back, punch Singeon in the groin [3d6.skill(15,-3)] => [3,5,6] = 14 vs (12) or less Failure! by 2
Generic Monster: Burly Thug RogueU: kneel. RogueU2: also kneel.
Generic Monster: Dainty thugs RogueA and A2: kick Thog [3d6.skill(14,2)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5 and [3d6.skill(14,2)] => [2,4,3] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7 ; both telegraphed.
** Singeon says, "Going for the groin! I hate a durty fighter!" **
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [5,2,4] = (11) parry
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [5,3,2] = (10) parry
GM: Thog - defend or take damage.
GM: Oh, thanks. You flail your arms around, but their kicks get in.
Wrathgon: why wouldn't i defend?
GM: damage: Crush [1d6] => [2] = (2) crush [1d6] => [5] = (5)
GM: No reason not to defend, but some people are weird.
Wrathgon: heh
Wrathgon: S&M ppl maybe
GM: Your thick skin protects you from the worst of the damage, but you are still bruised.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Wrathgon: as before pick up guy on floor and swing him around to knock other two down
GM: okay, start by standing (free action at this point) and grabbing the other guy (DX check)
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [5,3,4] = (12) grab
Wrathgon: ok got him
Generic Monster: Burly Thug U2: parry [3d6.skill(10,-2)] => [3,6,5] = 14 vs (8) or less Failure! by 6
GM: He tries to avoid it, but you grab him.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Singeon: Step into close combat with W1. Double Eye Poke (Martial Arts, Page 89).
Wrathgon: use him as a club :)
Wrathgon: lol
Singeon: Attack: Punch (16): [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [6,3,1] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1
GM: That's a silly attack! Wouldn't allow it normally, but this is fine.
Singeon: Im poking his eyes
Mrugnak: (( are you saying "Waaka wakka wakka" ? ))
Wrathgon: ((he has to or dont work))
Generic Monster: In the classic counter, the thug leader brings his hand upright along his nose as he steps back [3d6.skill(10,1)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
Generic Monster: "Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk!"
Wrathgon: lol
** Singeon says "Touche!" **

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [20] Idiots)

Singeon: ###
Wrathgon: ((do i know get to knock you on the head :P))
** Mrugnak bellows "No hit friend man!" **
** Mrugnak charges Rogue Leader W1 and Slams into him with his shoulder, body checking him aside. **
GM: well. okay.
Mrugnak: This may or may not involve knocking aside the table on the way by.
GM: DX check then.
Mrugnak: [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [2,4,6] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
GM: slam him. any mods?
Mrugnak: Going All Out Determined, Deceptive -4/-2 for hitting hard and fast.
GM: okay, roll it.
Mrugnak: Brawling [3d6.skill(15,+4-4)] => [5,2,2] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Generic Monster: He dodges, as best he can [3d6.skill(9,-2)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (7) or less Failure! by 8
GM: Which isn't very well. Is this just a shoulder-check?
** Singeon yells, "Yahoo!" **
Mrugnak: Yup.
Mrugnak: Send him flying :D
GM: M: [4d6+1] => [5,5,2,4,1] = (17) T: [2d6] => [6,5] = (11)
Generic Monster: [3d6.skill(11,-1)] => [3,2,3] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2
GM: Even though you hit him so hard as to knock him back quite a bit and break many bones, he remains standing, though not in fighting shape.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Idiots
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: RogueU stands. RogueU2 tries to break free of Thog [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,1,5] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8
** Singeon says, "I would have had him, but thanks for saving me a little sweat!" **
Warning: xxinit2 plugin detected on Mrugnak's system. Having multiple copies of the xxinit2 plugin in the same room is not advisable, because it may cause problems. It is suggested that only one person in the room (the GM) have the xxinit2 plugin loaded. Go to Tools-Plugins and uncheck the Initiative Tool 2.x to unload it. Type /msghandwarning to simply turn this warning reminder off.
GM: Thog, roll ST at -8.
Sorry I don't know what /sghandwarning is!
Sorry I don't know what /msghandwarning is!
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [3,5,2] = (10)
Wrathgon: made it
Sorry I don't know what /msghandwarning is!
GM: The puny man tries to throw off your grip, you think, or maybe he is just writing in panic.
Generic Monster: The other two tackle you, trying to pin you down with mass. [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,3,1] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4 [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,4,4] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Generic Monster: You can parry 1 of them, the other you'll have to dodge.
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [5,3,4] = (12) parry
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [5,6,5] = (16) dodge
Wrathgon: god i suck
GM: They both grab you.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

GM: You're at -4 to attack while being grabbed.
Wrathgon: ok i want to turn to face wall and smash the 2 on my left into it with full str
GM: Seems fair. Roll ST to move them.
GM: They resist with [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [3,4,1] = (8)
Mrugnak: (( vs 23 lol ))
Wrathgon: i made it by 15
Wrathgon: :)
Thog: The two thugs jump on Thog's arm, trying to overbear him. The ogre scout effortless swings them into the wall.
Wrathgon: is there no opposed rolls in this? so all they need to do is make their target and stop whatever str i have?
Wrathgon: or does the successes matter?~
GM: If they grab you, they have you until you break free. You need to dodge or parry.
Narrator: The two thugs jump on Thog's arm, trying to overbear him. The ogre scout effortless swings them into the wall.
Wrathgon: dmg?
Generic Monster: They twist, trying to cushion the blow [3d6.skill(8,-2)] => [4,1,3] = 8 vs (6) or less Failure! by 2 [3d6.skill(8,-2)] => [5,1,2] = 8 vs (6) or less Failure! by 2
GM: Damage is 2d6 each.
Wrathgon: [2d6] => [6,2] = (8)
Wrathgon: [2d6] => [4,3] = (7)
Narrator: More bones break as the ogre crunches his assailants into the wall.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

** Wrathgon laughs and says" just like swashing bugs...." **
Singeon: Move
** Singeon says, "Ready to rumble?" **
Singeon: ###
Generic Monster: "Keep your ugly friends out of it, nancy-boy!"

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [20] Idiots)

** Singeon yells, "Friends, stay out of this, its him and me!" **
** Mrugnak turns on the standing mooks near the right corner. **

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Idiots
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Mrugnak: "Waaugh!"
Generic Monster: RogueA RogueA2 stumble off. RogueA1 crawls away. The leader stumbles off, holding his ribs. RogueU2 tries to break free again [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,5,5] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
GM: Thog, make a ST-2 check.
Wrathgon: i auto pass
Wrathgon: i cant roll a 21
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [2,6,3] = (11)
GM: No... you could roll a 17 or an 18 and fail.
GM: Not that you did. He's still struggling, or something.
Generic Monster: RogueU steps forward and kicks Singeon's kneecap [3d6.skill(14,-4)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Generic Monster: or tries to. [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [1,3,6] = 10 vs (10) or less Success! by 0

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Wrathgon: take guy in arms and wipe him into scared group of 3 over the battle with singeon head :)
GM: Roll Throwing at -2.
Wrathgon: damn need more throwing skill lol
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [2,4,3] = (9)
Wrathgon: :)
GM: Normally you shoot sparrows out the sky with the portable ballista you call a bow.
Mrugnak: (( shoot = explode ))
Generic Monster: scared thugs dodge [3d6.skill(8,0)] => [6,3,1] = 10 vs (8) or less Failure! by 2 [3d6.skill(8,0)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (8) or less Failure! by 2
GM: They both take 2d6 damage.
Wrathgon: nice
Wrathgon: [2d6] => [2,5] = (7)
Wrathgon: [2d6] => [2,2] = (4)
GM: actually, all 3...
Wrathgon: and throwie
GM: [2d6] => [1,3] = (4)
Wrathgon: [2d6] => [4,1] = (5)
GM: okay, 5 then. he's at the edge of your throwable distance, so you drive them their knees but don't destroy them. all three decide enough is enough.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Singeon: One sec
Singeon: Okay, I am going to step into close combat and grapple this guy
GM: Roll wrestling.
Singeon: Attack: Wrestling (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [5,2,3] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Generic Monster: Wrestling parry! [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (10) or less Success! by 4
GM: He defends easily, grinning as he does.
Singeon: ###

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [20] Idiots)

** Mrugnak steps up and grabs the guy Singeon is brawling with. **
Mrugnak: (( SM+1, reach C stuff becomes reach 1 ))
GM: Doh!
GM: okay, you still have the -2 for Singeon being in the way.
Wrathgon: ((throw hi m into group in corner))
** Singeon yells, "NO!!!!" **
Mrugnak: All out attack: Determined. Wrestling [3d6.skill(14,+4-2)] => [6,1,2] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7
Generic Monster: Retreat and Dodge [3d6.skill(8,3)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
Narrator: The burly thug steps back as the much burlier minotaur approaches.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Idiots
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Generic Monster: Step back into Singeon's hex and go for the Arm Lock [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [6,6,5] = 17 vs (12) or less Critical Failure! [B556] Deceptive -2/-1
Generic Monster: [3d6.crit_unarm()] => [6,3,1] = 10 You lose your balance; you can do nothing else (not even free actions) until next turn, and all defenses -2 until next turn. [B557]
GM: He steps on some spilled beer, slips, and drops to a clumsy crouch.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Wrathgon: rushs at group of three to splat them
GM: okay. you can only really body check 1 at a time.
Wrathgon: can i check one into others?
Wrathgon: same guy i threw?
GM: You could try, but the angle's wrong. The guy you threw is still on the ground, groaning.
Wrathgon: o
GM: you could flip 1 over the bar, maybe.
Wrathgon: actually they don't seem to be a threat so i will go to the bartender and say "sorry about this but they started it"
GM: He says, "Ayup."

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Singeon: Knee strike... Groin (-3 location, -1 for kick)
Singeon: Attack: Kick (14): [3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [2,1,6] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Singeon: Possible hit
Generic Monster: clumsy parry [3d6.skill(10,-2)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (8) or less Failure! by 3
Singeon: What is the damage. Thr? Crushing?
Singeon: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
Narrator: Singeon steps in and viciously knees his opponent.
Singeon: x2 that gets by armor!
GM: He collapses in pain.
GM: Your opponents are vanquished. combat is over.
Wrathgon: ask how much I owe for broken table?
GM: The bartender takes some money from some of the goons' pockets and sends them on their way.
** Singeon turns to Mrugnak **
GM: Hmmm... you started the fight. $160.
** Mrugnak sighs. "Drink spilled." **
** Singeon tell him, "He challenged me, I accepted. Never interfere again." **
Wrathgon: ok
Wrathgon: minus the money u took from them of course
** Mrugnak blinks, and looks confused. "Smelly try hit small nice man. They not nice." **
GM: "No, that was their fine for starting trouble in my bar. You broke the table, though. Pay up or I'll call the Watch."
** Singeon says, "It is the way of the sea. A challenge must be answered." **
Wrathgon: fine fine(OOC how much should a table cost not that i would now i guess)
GM: Thog doesn't know.
Wrathgon: ok pay up money
GM: But he got rooked.
** Mrugnak scratches at his head. "What sea? This not sea." **
** Wrathgon says "costly night out for me 260 bucks **
** Singeon says, "But you do not know my ways. i will forgive you and call you friend for fighting alongside me." **
** Singeon offers his hand to shake **
** Mrugnak grins, and engulfs Singeons hand in a fist the size of a ham hock. "New friend!" **
** Singeon says, "now take the mask off before we get into another fight!" **
** Mrugnak starts to pump Singeon's hand enthusiastically, then pauses, obviously perplexed. "Wat?" **
** Singeon looks closely, says, "Oh my, it's not a mask, you're a... minotaur?" **
** Mrugnak grins broadly and nods his head vigorously. His ears flap up and down with the effort. "Yas!" **
** Singeon says, "Why didn't you just say so?" Singeon laughs **
** Mrugnak looks puzzled again. "Wat?" **
Wrathgon: sillt man me knew he bullman#
** Singeon says, "Nevermind." **
Mrugnak: "Ohcay! Bar-man! Drink for Mrugnak!"
** Mrugnak waves at the bartender. **
GM: "What do you want?"
Mrugnak: "Uhhh..." Mrugnaks forhead wrinkles heavily.
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak want drink? Big drink?"
GM: "It will cost you silver. Many silver. You have that?"
** Mrugnak gestures, scribing a shape roughly the size of pitcher. **
Mrugnak: *of a pitcher.
** Mrugnak nods happily and pounces his hand off the leather purse hanging from his belt, making it jingle merrily. "Yas! Mrugnak got!" **
GM: "Very well. Don't destroy my bar anymore.
** Singeon says, "You looking for work? I think we have an opening on the Delvers of Reknown." **
Wrathgon: "Mrugnak share keg
** Mrugnak looks around. "Mrugnak not break thing." **
Mrugnak: "Work?"
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak do work! Good work! Mrugnak good strong."
** Singeon says, "Thanks." He sits at a table again and has a drink. **
GM: Okay, you sit down and chat for a while.
** Mrugnak rescues his poor, battered chair, and thumps it down next to Singeon. **
Singeon: "We can use that. We delve, for treasure, honor and... treasure. And more treasure."
** Mrugnak drapes an enormous arm companionably over Singeon's shoulders. "Mrugnak like treasure." **
GM: A day or two passes, filled with epic drinking contests and belching. Lots of broken furniture. The usual.
Singeon: Women?
Mrugnak: (( Ha, with Mrugnak and Thog as your wingmen? ))
Singeon: ((point well taken))
Wrathgon: lol
Narrator: Mid-afternoon. The tavern of the Polisberg Inn. Singeon is trying to teach knucklebones to Mrugnak while Thog eats a pig and whines about not being able to buy halfling.
Wrathgon: any ogre women :)
Singeon: Nice
** Singeon instructs, "Just roll, don't throw them. You almost took out my favorite eye." **
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak thing dis weird. Eat pig feet, not play wit'."
Narrator: A short human female with silvered black hair in long braid, wearing a purple robe with leopard print, approaches the table. Behind her is a non-descript man carrying a mop and bucket, and a handsome, dark skinned man carrying an ornate sword in a back sheathe.
** Singeon gives a monging eye, looking over the sexy form of... the ornate sword. **
** Mrugnak says absentmindedly "No eat lady, Thog." **
Singeon: That was "longing eye."
Monks: "How you say? Excuse-me-a? I am called by the name of Li-Li. I has an asking for you?"
** Wrathgon looks up from pig "wat? **
Mrugnak: "Lady. No eat. Lady not for eat."
** Singeon stands and bows, "Singeon, master swordsmans, at your service." **
Wrathgon: pig me eat pig
Wrathgon: no lady
** Mrugnak pokes the carved bones, and then looks up. His ears perk up. "Hallo!" **
** Singeon shushhhs Thog **
** Wrathgon looks over here "no meat anyways" **
** Singeon shushhhs Thog **
Singeon: "What do you wish us to do?"
Monks: "Blessings of the spirits on this day, Singeon-master-swordsmans. You and your strange companions are greater brawlers, so I have heard."
** Mrugnak grins goofily. "Mrugnak strong!" **
Singeon: "we are conversant in the martial ways, m'lady."
Monks: "My students and I are far away from the Modern Jade Kwan. We seek practice. A friendly bout."
** Wrathgon looks at Singeon "we what to who?" **
Monks: The man with the sword steps forward, "Maybe some friendly wagering, too, yes yes?"
Wrathgon: "we already bout with little men crushed their bones, u want same?"
Singeon: "Of course. A wager puts the pressure on, good for practice."
Monks: "Injuries would be sadness, but accidents happen in training," says Li-li as she shoots the swordsman a look.
** Mrugnak scratches his head, rumpling his head-fur even more. "Wat? Who we hit?" **
Wrathgon: "me spend too much already" looks to singeon" we crushed lady skull now??"
** Mrugnak slaps Thog. "No eat lady!" **
Monks: "Though this should be fists and chi only, dai-oni! No spells!"
Mrugnak: *Thog's arm.
Singeon: "What are the ermsa of the contest?
Wrathgon: No eat just crushed
Singeon: terms,. i mean
Monks: "Many apologies, I do not understand what you said."
Monks: "Oh, terms. Until no can stand any longer, or until contest no longer in doubt. But friendly - one against one, not a brawl."
Singeon: "Too much spicy food, sorry. The terms, fists only? My skills lie with the blade, friend."
GM: They confer briefly in a sing-song language you don't recognize. The man with the sword tugs on it, but does not draw it.
** Wrathgon comes over and stands in way of Singeon " talk to me not her, we crush their heads or no?" **
Singeon: "Not yet."
Wrathgon: "o ok" walks back to pig
Monks: Li-li speaks again. "We are best at fists. Blades are for war, not practice. So, if you would indulge? I will put Jian against you, and Wang Chung and I will deal with the oni." She bows to Mrugnak and Thog.
Singeon: "Say, how about you go fist with each of my friends, then bring that fine sword out to tangle with me to, say, first blood. You want to be prepared for war, that must be done in times of peace."
Monks: The man - Jian? - steps forward. "I cannot. You are no evil, and the sword will not let itself be drawn. It must be fists."
Singeon: ((wang chung??? How 80s))
Mark: ((Not my character!))
Mrugnak: (( Hee hee ))
Singeon: I never back down from a challenge. I accept.
Monks: Li-li frowns. "Well. Will you indulge us? I look forward to fighting this dai-oni."
Monks: "How fortunate!" They all bow. Jian talks briefly to the barkeep, and you are escorted to one of the side rooms.
Singeon: "But I do not speak for my friends."
Singeon: "You guys into it?"
Mrugnak: Comprehension dawns on Mrugnak's scarred face. "Ooooh! Mrugnak hit lady? Wat? Wait."
** Mrugnak crosses his arms. "No hit lady." **
Monks: "No, I'll fight you, bull-head," snarls the guy with the mop.
Mrugnak: "Oh."
** Mrugnak bares his teeth at the mop guy in what might be called a grin. "OK!" **
Narrator: The combatants move to the other room.
GM: Any questions before we start?
Singeon: What dictates a win?
** Wrathgon "we crush skulls now?" **
GM: HT damage or a pin, knock-out, broken limb, etc.
GM: time will be called at 9pm.
Singeon: Fine.
Mrugnak: (Central?)
Singeon: Lets go.
GM: 9 pm central of course.
Mrugnak: What about for those of us who's HT and HP are seriously out of whack?
GM: be healed!
GM: Sorry, HP damage, not HT damage. OF course.
Mrugnak: Ah, kay :D
** Mrugnak fixes his HP **
GM: you all nod at each other, and the fight starts.
Singeon: And the wager?
Mrugnak: "Feed Mrugnak one week!"
GM: 50 silver coins each
Wrathgon: brb
Singeon: Thats how much $?
GM: $200.
Mrugnak: "aw. That not feed Mrugnak one week."
Singeon: You are on!
Mrugnak: Kay.
GM: it almost will!
** Singeon get into an attack position **
GM: okay, go!

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Mrugnak: (( Jian is buckethead? ))
GM: No, Wang Chung has the mop, Jian has the sword.
Mrugnak: (( gotcha. ))
Thog: "Thog crush little cleaning man." Evaluate.
GM: Wrathgon you back?
GM: okay, do what you want.
Wrathgon: charge -4/-2 to bull rush lady into wall
GM: roll it (brawling at -4)
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [5,3,6] = (14)
GM: you can go all-out get a +4, but you give up defenses.
Wrathgon: sure
GM: You still miss. The woman sidesteps neatly with a frown.
GM: You move 2 hexes past her. Roll DX to stop short of the wall.
GM: Wrathgon?
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [5,5,2] = (12)
GM: okay, Thog stops short of the wall.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Li-Li)

Singeon: Move and evaluate!
GM: You can only step and evaluate.
Singeon: ###
Singeon: Don't i have to be in attack rangeish
Mrugnak: (( Move and attack range. ))
Mrugnak: (( and your Move is ridiculous :D ))
Singeon: E=valuate
GM: okay.
Singeon: ####

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Li-Li
(on deck: [25] Jian)

Monks: Li-Li steps next to Thog, grabs his arm, and throws him for damage on his face (Rapid Strike, Telegraphed) [3d6.skill(22,4-3-1+1)] => [5,6,5] = 16 vs (23) or less Success! by 7 ; [3d6.skill(22, 4-3-1-5+1)] => [4,5,5] = 14 vs (18) or less Success! by 4
GM: You get no defense because you all-out attacked. You take [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7) to the face.
GM: That's 5 damage, after DR2. Roll HT+3 or be stunned.
GM: Wrathgon? Roll HT+3.
Thog: [3d6.skill(15,3)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (18) or less Success! by 5
Narrator: Thog faceplants, but little is hurt other than his already squashed nose and his pride.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Jian
(on deck: [24] Wang-Chung)

Monks: Step and evaluate.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Wang-Chung
(on deck: [30] Thog)

Monks: Wang Chung: step and evaluate.
Mrugnak: Hmm?
Mrugnak: DO I get a go?
GM: ooops. Yes, take an action.
** Mrugnak runs up to Chung and tries to grab him. (Heroic Charge, regular Attack, Wrestling grab) **
GM: Roll it.
Mrugnak: There's a modifier for size, is it +1 for size that I'm bigger than the victim?
Mrugnak: Something like that.
GM: Sure.
Mrugnak: Wrestling two-handed grab [3d6.skill(14,1)] => [1,5,3] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Monks: Wang: Judo Parry [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,1,5] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3
GM: He does some tricky thing and intercepts you.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Wrathgon: punches lady
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [4,4,1] = (9)
Monks: Li-Li: Judo Parry [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [5,3,3] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
GM: She deflects your blow.
GM: You can spin around a bit, but not get up.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Li-Li)

Singeon: Step and Evaluate (2nd turn)
GM: okay.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Li-Li
(on deck: [25] Jian)

Monks: Li-Li: Kneel and Arm Lock Thog's arm. [3d6.skill(22,-8)] => [6,6,5] = 17 vs (14) or less Critical Failure! [B556] Deceptive -8/-4
Monks: [3d6.crit_unarm()] => [6,6,5] = 17 If attacking or parrying with a limb, you strain the limb: 1 HP damage & it's crippled for 30 min. If IQ 3-5 animal, it loses its nerve & flees on next turn or surrenders if cornered. [B557]
Narrator: The strangely dressed woman tries to wrench Thog's arm, but wrenches herself against his massive limb.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Jian
(on deck: [24] Wang-Chung)

Monks: Jian: Step and Evaluate.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Wang-Chung
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Monks: Step and Arm lock Mrugnak [3d6.skill(20,-4)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5 Deceptive -4/-2
GM: You can't parry, but you can dodge at -2.
Mrugnak: Feaverish Dodge! [3d6.skill(9,-2+2)] => [1,1,4] = 6 vs (9) or less Success! by 3
Monks: Li-Li rolls for stun [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,6,3] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [30] Thog)

whispering to Mrugnak, action?
** Mrugnak steps back and grabs at the tiny man again. (Wrestling) **
Mrugnak: Wrestling two-handed grab [3d6.skill(14,1)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
Monks: Wang parries: [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,2,4] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Wrathgon: hmmm
Wrathgon: so too fast going to try to trip her
Wrathgon: [3d6] => [5,4,6] = (15)
Wrathgon: nm
GM: You kick at her, or something.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Li-Li)

Singeon: Step and Evaluate (3rd)- PURE MARTIAL ARTS ACTION HERE
Singeon: ###
GM: nail-biting, even.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Li-Li
(on deck: [25] Jian)

Monks: Li-Li: "Will you yield, dai-oni? Even with 1 arm, I can still beat you." Ready to attack Thog if he doesn't yield.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Jian
(on deck: [24] Wang-Chung)

Monks: Jian: step and high-kick Singeon's face: [3d6.skill(18,4-5-2)] => [6,2,4] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3 Deceptive -2/-1
GM: Your evaluate lets you ignore his Deception.
Singeon: Acrododge and retreat (that +1 to dodge, right?)
Singeon: Realy?
GM: +3 to dodge.
GM: yep.
Mrugnak: (( Evaluate ehlsp cancel out deceptive and feint penalties. ))
Mrugnak: (( you're watching him so he doesn't surprise you. ))
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,1,4] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,+56)] => [6,5,2] = 13 vs (68) or less Success! by 55
Singeon: That was wrong
GM: Hmmm... I think someone is cheating. =) but the roll was 13, so you're fine.
Singeon: Ok
Mrugnak: snrk.
Monks: Jian: DX check [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [6,6,3] = 15 vs (14) or less Failure! by 1
Mrugnak: Bwah
GM: He drops to the ground as he loses his balance.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Wang-Chung
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Monks: arm lock mrugnak [3d6.skill(20,-6)] => [1,5,2] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6 Deceptive -6/-3
Mrugnak: Wrestling Parry [3d6.skill(11,-3)] => [2,5,6] = 13 vs (8) or less Failure! by 5
GM: He does some complicated thing with your arm and pins it behind your back.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [30] Thog)

GM: Bruno?
Wrathgon: hmmm
** Mrugnak gets a little frustrated with the slippery little weasel, and headbutts him. Attack with strikers, Brawling, to the face. I think Strikers counts as an armed attack as far as parrying it is concerned. **
GM: okay.
GM: roll it.
Wrathgon: guys i have to go, normally i could stay later but i am meeting someone early today.
Mrugnak: If he wants to do anything fancy with defending, he'll have to let go of me.
GM: bye, wrathgon! thanks for coming.
Mrugnak: Brawling [3d6.skill(15,-5)] => [5,4,1] = 10 vs (10) or less Success! by 0 (to the face natch)
Wrathgon: when will u know if there will be a per, spot?
Singeon: Bye. nice meetingyou
GM: Next week or so. I'll email you if there's a space.
Mrugnak: Say Hi to your friend for Mrugnak :D
Wrathgon: ok give me a bit more notice so i can actually read the rules :)
Monks: Wang close-combat Judo parriess [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [3,1,2] = 6 vs (12) or less Success! by 6
Wrathgon: Disconnecting from server...
Wrathgon (exit): 20:44
GM: He gets in your face (literally) so you have no space to build momentum

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Mrugnak: Needs two free hands to Judo parry.
Mrugnak: Is he letting go of my arm?
Mrugnak: (probably to throw me on my head)
GM: can't he spoil an attack but not set up the judo skills?
Mrugnak: Probably, but it still takes two hands.
Mrugnak: Sorry, one hand.
Mrugnak: Wrestling needs two hands.
GM: ah... I was thinking of MA122, where he can counter wrestling techniques with no hands.
Monks: Wang dodges [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (10) or less Success! by 0
Thog: roll over and knee "Thog super brawler! Thog smash little woman!"
Monks: Li-Li: Readied snap kick to Thog's face [3d6.skill(16,4-5)] => [2,2,5] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6 telegraphed
Thog: Dodge [3d6.skill(9,2-2)] => [5,4,2] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Monks: Damage: [1d6+2] => [1,2] = (3)
Thog: 1 damage to face: knockout? [3d6.skill(15,3)] => [4,2,6] = 12 vs (18) or less Success! by 6

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Li-Li)

Singeon: Step. Punch to Face (-5 location) +6 evaluate.
GM: He's prone, by the way.
Singeon: Attack: Punch (16): [3d6.skill(16,1)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (17) or less Success! by 7
Singeon: Oh, he is?
GM: Yes, he fell after you dodged the kick.
GM: want to change actions?
Singeon: Punch his face anyways
GM: okay.
GM: clumsy Judo parry [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [1,2,5] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Li-Li
(on deck: [25] Jian)

Singeon: His luck runs out (I invoke luck)
Monks: clumsy Judo parry [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [5,4,2] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
Monks: clumsy Judo parry [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [5,4,1] = 10 vs (10) or less Success! by 0
Monks: Jian: invokes luck
Monks: clumsy Judo parry [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [4,1,3] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2
Monks: clumsy Judo parry [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [5,5,2] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Monks: clumsy Judo parry [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [2,2,3] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
Singeon: ????
GM: What? He's Lucky.
Mrugnak: NPCs can have luck :D
Singeon: Damn!!!!
GM: There's a bit of confusion, but in the end, he blocks your blow.
Singeon: That was my best shot!
Singeon: lol
Monks: Li-li: Evaluate as Thog stands.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Jian
(on deck: [24] Wang-Chung)

Monks: Jian: Acrobatic up: [3d6.skill(15,-3)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Narrator: The strange man does a flip, landing on his feet.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Wang-Chung
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Singeon: ((I can do that))
Monks: Wang: "Fall down, cowpoke!" Twists Mrugnak's arm [3d6.skill(20,0)] => [5,6,1] = 12 vs (20) or less Success! by 8
GM: Resist with ST or HT.
** Mrugnak resists with ST (plus 1 from Wrestling) [3d6.skill(20,1)] => [2,4,1] = 7 vs (21) or less Success! by 14 **
Mrugnak: "NOT COW"
Monks: Throw for damage, using the arm as a lever [3d6.skill(20,-1-6)] => [5,2,6] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0 ; deceptive -6/-3
Mrugnak: How do I defend from that?
GM: make a Beserk self-control whether you parry or not.
GM: Any active defense; it's a Judo throw.
GM: Just a really painful one.
Mrugnak: 118 says it's a contest vs ST,DX, Breakfall or grappling.
Mrugnak: just found it.
GM: Is it? Okay.
Mrugnak: Berserk [3d6.skill(3d6,12)] => [4,2,4] = 10 vs ([2,3,2,12] = (19)) or less Success! by [2,3,2,12,10] = (29)
Mrugnak: ...
Mrugnak: brain fail.
Mrugnak: Berserk [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,4,2] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
** Mrugnak resists with ST (plus 1 from Wrestling) [3d6.skill(20,1)] => [2,6,4] = 12 vs (21) or less Success! by 9 **
Monks: Wang Chung Throws [3d6.skill(20,0)] => [4,3,6] = 13 vs (20) or less Success! by 7
GM: You two grunt and struggle a lot.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [30] Thog)

** Mrugnak breaks free of puny man! **
Monks: Wang Chung Resists: [3d6.skill(13,4)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8
Mrugnak: ST (plus 1 from Wrestling) [3d6.skill(20,1)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (21) or less Success! by 11
** Mrugnak takes a step back. **
GM: With a roar, you break free.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[30]<b> Thog
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Thog: "Thog uppercut!" stand and punch Li-li [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,1,3] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Monks: Li-Li: Parry [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,2,4] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Li-Li)

Singeon: Evaluate

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Li-Li
(on deck: [25] Jian)

Singeon: ###
Monks: Li-li: Rapid Strike, arm lock Thog, twist arm, throw him in the lock [3d6.skill(22,1-8)] => [1,2,4] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8 Deceptive -8/-4
Thog: Parry [3d6.skill(9,-2)] => [4,1,5] = 10 vs (7) or less Failure! by 3
Monks: Twist [3d6.skill(22,-3)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (19) or less Success! by 3
Thog: Thog resists.
Monks: Li-li throws [3d6.skill(22,-3)] => [4,6,2] = 12 vs (19) or less Success! by 7
Thog: Thog resists [3d6.skill(23,0)] => [3,5,3] = 11 vs (23) or less Success! by 12

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Jian
(on deck: [24] Wang-Chung)

Monks: arm-lock Singeon [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [4,4,5] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 Deceptive -4
Monks: wait, he can't do that. turn it into a punch.
Singeon: I retreat AcroDodge
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,6,2] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (12): [3d6.skill(12,5)] => [3,2,4] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8
Mrugnak: Singeon is Evaluating again isn't he?
Singeon: By 4
GM: Yep.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Wang-Chung
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Singeon: Yep.
Monks: Wang: step and high-kick Mrugnak [3d6.skill(20,-5-2)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3 Deceptive -2/-1
Mrugnak: High kick, eh? Parry with horns.
Mrugnak: Counts as a weapon for parrying.
GM: Yikes!
Mrugnak: Feverish Defense, for 1 FP. [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [1,3,6] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Mrugnak: Check vs Brawling to see if I "parry" by impaling his foot.
GM: Do you get an attack roll against karate attacks?
Mrugnak: Yup. Don't punch people with swords.
Mrugnak: They'll cut yer hands off.
Mrugnak: Brawling [3d6.skill(15,-5)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
Mrugnak: Aww.
GM: so close!
GM: okay, it's after 9 pm.
GM: we're done for the night, I think.
Singeon: I'm still standing!
GM: Nice role-playing, guys. That was fun
** Mrugnak still standing. Totally unharmed. **

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.