FANDOM


Narrator: Shortly after Singeon and Mrugnak met up, Thog was chased out of town by the guard. With great sorrow, the delvers agreed to meet him outside of town in 3 days.
Narrator: In the meantime, Sithis wrote a garbled note about stealing the books and returning to the monastery.
Narrator: Beltarne left for the dwarven lands.
Narrator: Arganyev claimed to have been granted a holy vision, and departed to do the work of Tyrandor.
Singeon: ((more cast changes than Law and Order))
Narrator: Flushed with money, but suddenly absent companions, Lenia and Singeon took the money that Arganyev gave to them, settled down at the Inn, and started interviewing delvers.
Narrator: There were not a lot of choices. There were fewer good choices.
Narrator: At one point, Lenia went out to check with Thog, but the ogre wasn't were he was supposed to meet.
Narrator: With dubious thoughts, they recruited Berkun the Wolf in his place.
Narrator: And Morderona as a slightly more charming replacement for Sithis. Though, sadly, no less creepy.
Narrator: Mrugnak seemed along for the ride, and no one had the heart to argue.
Berkun: Berkun was a man from the wasteland. There was nothing endearing or pleasant about him, but the mercenary had a reputation for being efficient and not turning challenging offers.
GM: So. You're in Polisberg, the heart of the edge of civilization by the Westmarch. You plan to head out to find and loot the Tomb of the Bloody Baron. What are you doing?
GM: [1d5] => [2] = (2)
Mordreona: Nursing a bottle of whiskey
Berkun: Berkun spends his time eating and drinking for the money he got.
whispering to Mrugnak, decision time: big, high, or many?
GM: It's a partnership, not a company, so they didn't give you any money. Just the promise of huge profits if you loot the Tomb.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak, for reference, is an oversized, muscle-bound minotaur with a broken left horn.
Singeon: Prepping for the trip. Limbering up, getting into the mental regimen for the constant barrage of danger.
Berkun: Okay, I see
Singeon: Relax. The pay is better this way.
Berkun: One way or another, Berkun is enjoying fresh food and good drink for now
GM: t
Mordreona: What you drinking Berk? I'm almost dry.
GM: okay.
** Mrugnak is "preparing" mostly by drinking as much ale as he can wrangle out of the innkeeper. **
Berkun: "Red wine" Berkun rises his bottle and smiles crookedly.
Berkun: "Bartender says this one is the best and most expensive!"
Mordreona: Care to by me a glass my friend. **smiling warmly**
GM: [1d5] => [5] = (5)
whispering to Berkun, decision time: big, high, or many?
Berkun: "You can drink mine, you seem to have a clean mouth!" The simple man responds unceremoniously
Mordreona: I slide closer to Berkun and help him drink his wine.
Berkun: Berkun takes one last swig, hands Mordreona the bottle and lets himself burp.
GM: [1d5] => [4] = (4)
** Mrugnak collects a new pitcher of ale and heads over to Berkun and Mordreona's table. "Friends! Hello friends!" **
Mordreona: Hello friend
Berkun: Berkun eyes the intimidating warrior
GM: I'm cool with you guys role-playing the drunken bash as much as you like. Shout out when you're ready to prepare to leave town or do something else.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak grins hugely, showing a lot of yellow, crooked bull teeth.
Berkun: "Hello friend. Want a swig of this delicacy too?"
** Mrugnak shakes his horned head and waves the pitcher around, sloshing a bit. "Mrugnak got drink." **
Singeon: Singeon runs in, jumps on a chandelier, and plops down next to them at the table. "Who's buying, mates?"
Singeon: ((I swung on the chandelier, btw))
GM: The fates have chosen "Big."
Mordreona: I think the big guy is.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak grabs a chair from a nearby table, drags it over, and drops into it, bumping Berkun.
Berkun: "You can guzzle it all, I don't want to drink after it's full of your spit..."
** Mrugnak takes a swig from the pitcher and drops it on the table, splashing a little more. "It good! Good drink!" **
Mordreona: I'm sure it is not that bad.
Singeon: Pointing to Mrugnak: "Garcon, an ale, please. On his tab."
** Mordreona takes a swig **
Berkun: "HEY BARTENDER! THE HEROES WANT ANOTHER BOTTLE OF THE LUXURIOUS RED WINE!"
GM: "Yes, sirrah, of course. Another bottle, indeed. On the bull-man's tab."
Berkun: Berkun waves his hand and grins enthusiastically to whoever responds to him
GM: The bartender brings over another magnum of chewy red wine.
** Mrugnak blinks at Berkun, and theatrically cleans out his ear. "Loud." **
Berkun: "And mugs so we don't have to pass it around."
GM: "Of course." You get wooden mugs.
Mordreona: Could we get this refilled too? **holding up her whiskey flask.**
Singeon: I am ready to hit the road. My blades are restless in their sheaths.
GM: "Of course, miss."
Mordreona: Now that my flask is full, so am I.
Berkun: Berkun isn't hesitant about drinking. As long as there's wine, he takes a swig after swig and occasionally smacks his lips with satisfaction.
Mrugnak: "Travel good. Go on big 'venture eh? Where dat pretty lady? Lady comin' on venture, eh?"
Singeon: "Sithis? No, she gave into her book fetish."
GM: Lenia is presumably drinking in a different corner with a group of admirers. It's not like her to miss a party.
Mordreona: Sure I am.
Singeon: Ph, Lenia
Mordreona: Oh, you mean her...
Berkun: "Gonna be good sleep after this, but angry rats in the bladder tomorrow morning!"
Singeon: Sleep. no. road yes.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak pats Mordreona on the head. "You lady too."
Berkun: "But we ain't marching trough the night? Or are we?"
Mordreona: Oh, do I get a horse?
Mordreona: Thanks big guy.
Singeon: "They wont expect us to do that. marching at night will give us a clean getaway."
Mrugnak: "Get away? Wat?"
** Mrugnak looks around. **
Mrugnak: Mrugnak lowers his voice theatrically. "Wat you do?"
Berkun: "No one told me we are running from anyone."
Singeon: "Don't look around. keep your cool. Them. That's who."
Berkun: Berkun seems a bit sobered by hearing this.
** Mrugnak looks utterly puzzled. **
Singeon: "as long as you are with me, we will always be running. that is my curse."
Berkun: "Are they here? Many?"
Mrugnak: "Curse?" Mrugnak's eyes widen, and the fur on his forhead bristles. "Bad! Dat bad magic."
Berkun: Berkun narrows his eyes with distrust
Singeon: "I don't know. Thousands? More? I wish I knew for sure, but you can always feel their eyes on you. like that bartender..."
GM: The bartender looks over and smiles sinisterly.
Berkun: Berkun takes the wine bottle and smells it thoroughly
** Mrugnak waves at the bartender. **
Berkun: "Why didn't you say so..."
Mordreona: "Maybe you should lay off the sauce Singeon."
Singeon: "See."
Mrugnak: "Dat nice man. He got drink.
Mrugnak: "
Berkun: Berkun eyes the knife on his side
Singeon: "Believe what IOU wish. The truth is out there."
Mordreona: "Hmm, maybe we should hit the road now."
Singeon: "Amen!"
Mordreona: "before something gets started."
Berkun: "I don't understand what you speak of, bladesman."
GM: Lenia has the map, and she is not with you.
Berkun: Berkun shakes his head and sets the wine away.
** Mordreona grabs my pack and starts for the door, flask in hand. **
Singeon: "I am not sure of what they want either. But there are there, watching. Waiting. Following."
GM: okay... with that ominous warning, the party breaks up.
GM: The next morning, led by a somewhat hungover Lenia, you head out.
** Mrugnak sighs and wanders off in confusion to collect his things from the room. **
GM: It's at least 90 miles to the Tomb, as best you can figure.
GM: Anyone doing any last thing (aside from drinking, I mean productive things!) before leaving?
Berkun: ...and this way Berkun will stop patronizing the tavern they were in, convinced it's full of bandits!
Singeon: I will have left a note for them to meet me just out of town and would have left before sunrise, undercover of the night.
Berkun: nothing here, no
Lenia: ((I'm back! I'm sorry for the delay; the truck couldn't get into the parking lot and so we CARRIED the couches a block and a half. Stupid church function parked people blocking the road.))
Berkun: oh yes, I check my bow and every arrow
Mordreona: "So I do not get a horse, man this is worse than my last time out."
Berkun: to make sure it's all in good condition
GM: Surprisingly, your signature weapons do not disappear or inexplicably rot.
Berkun: Berkun doesn't know they are his 'signature' weapons, only that he inherited them from his father:)
Lenia: Lenia is on her horse, with her hat pulled way down over her eyes to keep the vile, disgusting sun out of them. "Remind me again why I tried to drink the Northlander under the table?"
GM: Is anyone attempting skill rolls to speed the journey?
** Mrugnak laughs. "Lady no drink hard! Too small." **
Mrugnak: Mrugnak will be trying to travel with the wind at his back, because having it in your face is annoying.
Berkun: what terrain are we going trough?
Lenia: I'm not willing to try Navigation or Weather Sense at defaults, especially when we have honest-to-goodness outdoorspeople in the party.
** Mordreona looks at her sad swords and eyes Berkun's nice weapons. **
GM: Roll Weather Sense. Berkun can roll also to give you a bonus.
Mrugnak: He's a decent hiker but a terrible navigator. Fair warning.
Mrugnak: He's also an idiot, also fair warning.
Berkun: weather sense [3d6] => [6,4,6] = (16)
GM: The Westlands are a mix of plains, forest, hills, mountains... you're mostly going through hills and forests.
Berkun: failed
GM: Mrugnak?
Berkun: I can also offer navigation(land
Berkun: and not much more
Mrugnak: You're probably better at that than Mrugnak is.
GM: You can roll it if you want. Bonus if you succeed, slowness if you fail.
Mordreona: I follow Mrugnak. (assuming he makes a nice path)
Mrugnak: Barbarian! (10) [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [1,2,3] = 6 vs (10) or less Success! by 4
Berkun: naturalist doesn't add to navigation, right?
GM: Nope.
Berkun: navigation [3d6] => [4,3,1] = (8)
Berkun: success
Berkun: by 4 points
Lenia: ((Color test.))
** Lenia color tests. **
GM: Okay, Mrugnak is keeping you from bad weather, Berkun is interpreting the map (which is terrible) quite well, and you're making good time.
GM: [3d6] => [5,5,5] = (15)
Berkun: [3d6.skill(10,0] => 3d6.skill(10,0 test
GM: [3d6] => [5,1,1] = (7)
Berkun: [3d6.skill(10,0)] => 3d6.skill(10,0) test
Mrugnak: Oh, yes, Mrugnak is also completely illiterate.
Mrugnak: He spends a fair amount of time marveling at Berkun's mastery of magic pictures.
Lenia: At least he won't be trying to read the treasure mid-delve.
GM: The first day passes uneventfully, and you make about 18 miles.
GM: The second day is not so eventful.
Mordreona: Looking at Mrugnak. You know big guy this pack of mine is so heavy, would you carry it for me a while?
Singeon: Are we there yet??? How much further???
Mrugnak: Mrugnak grins and takes it from Mordreona one handed. "Mrugnak carry!" (( How big is this thing? ))
Mordreona: ((a small pack, like 30 lb))
Mrugnak: Oh psh. Mrugnak stuffs that in his backpack casually.
Mordreona: Thanks
GM: You hear faint snoring well ahead of you, swiftly broken up into loud sniffing.
Singeon: Ssssh!
GM: You're traveling through some woods in a loose formation.
** Mrugnak rotates his ears until they're pointing straight up and forward. **
Mordreona: Shall I see what it is?
Singeon: I gesture for Mordreona to investigate.
GM: The earth shutters faintly.
Singeon: Gesture (10) [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [5,3,2] = 10 vs (10) or less Success! by 0
Lenia: "...Big."
Mordreona: I try to sneak in that direction.
Singeon: I ready my weapons and keep a lookout.
Mordreona: ((should I roll or wait for mods?))
Lenia: I'll get *off* the horse. Lenia can't fight mounted.
Berkun: Berkun prepares his bow, it's instinctive for him to do so everytime something seems suspicious
Lenia: He and Singeon should get along well. :P
** Mrugnak looks far more interested after Lenia's comment, and draws his ridiculously oversided morning star. **
Mordreona: Stealth (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [1,6,3] = 10 vs (17) or less Success! by 7
Berkun: Berkun follows Mordreona but keeps a distance of at least 12 yards
GM: A massive form starts striding through the trees, and a pair of booming voices call out
Berkun: and tries to watch the sides in case someone or something would try to sneak up on *her*
Ochley and Leyoch: "Hey! Youse folks! You trebashing!"

Ettin 1

Mordreona: ((I do not see myself on the map))
Lenia: "I think I can handle this. Hold your weapons ready and try not to act threatening."
Mrugnak: (( I'm not sure Mrugnak has that setting. ))
Berkun: Berkun nods in silence
GM: my laptop just went crazy. bear with me...
Singeon: Singeon forces a friendly smile... sort of.
GM: okay. what's up?
** Mordreona stays hid and tries to get behind the two of them. **
Lenia: I'm going to try negotiating our way past assuming nobody does anything abrupt.
Mordreona: ((may I move my self on the map?))
** Mrugnak draws Trovaardig yxa, his axe with the backspike, and wields it in his off hand. This is probably causing him to be more threatening, not less. **
GM: Sure.
Singeon: Try smiling, Mrugnak.
** Mrugnak bares his teeth. **
Singeon: On second thought... forget it.
Mordreona: ((do we/I see them yet?))
GM: A huge man, easily as tall as a mid-sized tree and carrying a club larger than Mrugnak, is striding forward. He has two heads on his massively broad shoulders and is casually tossing a boulder in his left hand.
Ochley and Leyoch: "We is Ochley and Leyoch! We is good lord of this land! But trebashers must pay toll!"
Lenia: "We meant no trespass, landlord. We won't be staying in your land long; surely it would be best for all involved if you simply let us pass?"
** Mordreona moves again still using stealth, and hoping I am down wind of it. **
Berkun: Berkun as well
Berkun: Stealth [3d6] => [4,3,5] = (12)
Mordreona: Stealth (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [1,5,1] = 7 vs (17) or less Success! by 10
Ochley and Leyoch: "But... youse have mule! Mule is tasty, and we is hungry!"
Berkun: success by 1
Lenia: "The mule is mine, friend Ettin, and I'd hate to part with it. My friends are excellent hunters, though; perhaps if you agree to travel with us through your lands, one of them can provide you a tasty deer?"
** Mordreona pulls a short sword. **
Berkun: (can I move to a different position?)
Mordreona: ((is the ettin on the map? I do not see it.))
GM: okay, people are sneaking up on him. you have about 10 seconds of activity to do that doesn't involve obviously hostile actions like casting spells or aiming bows - but readying weapons is fine. and you can move.
Lenia: ((Yeah, northeast of us.))
GM: the ettin is about 15 hexes east north-east of Mordreona
Mrugnak: (( You can zoom out with your scroll wheel, and move your viewpoint by clicking down with the right mouse button and dragging around ))
Ochley and Leyoch: "heh heh heh! We eats all the deers here! No, wants mule! and silvers! We like shineys!"
Mordreona: ((k I see him))
** Mrugnak grumbles quietly that Mrugnak likes his shinies too. **
** Ochley and Leyoch found the F12 macro key **
** Mrugnak congratulates Ochley and Leyoch. **
Ochley and Leyoch: "Leyoch is wise landlord! He want good deal! Handful of silver shineys and mule, and he let you go. or he maybe he eats you instead! Ha! Good counterobber!"
Lenia: I'll gesture for Ricka to come forward and take the horse, since I'll want the hand free if a fight breaks out. "You'll have neither without a fight, good giant - one that may be more trouble than it's worth. Leave us in peace, and we'll extend you the same courtesy, or travel with us a time and see if my friends can find a deer that evaded you."
Ochley and Leyoch: "We wants mule! We fights for it, good at smashing punys!"
Berkun: Hidden, Berkun will start aiming at the creatures...
** Mrugnak can't contain himself at this point. "Mrugnak smash tings good too!" **
Lenia: "So be it. We'll have your heads!"
Berkun: eyes...
GM: well, that's a fight, then.
GM: okay, hang a second or three...

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon


Berkun: how armored is he? could I aim for vitals without having armor in the way?
Singeon: I will evaluate.
Singeon: ###
GM: The Ettin is wearing some kind of rough hide. You'd need to target chinks in the armor.
Berkun: how about the neck then?
GM: Other notes: he's SM+3, for melee and ranged purposes. His head is 7 yds above the ground, for increasing range. You're at an additional -3 to hit his groin (except for Mrugnak, who can target the groin at -1 and the torso at -3). That's only for melee attacks - ranged attacks work normally.
GM: he is not wearing armor around his necks.
Berkun: and necks would be vitals, right?
GM: just a few more rolls, and we can start
Berkun: then I aim for the neck of the head that did more talking...
Berkun: composite bow = accuracy 3
Lenia: ((Nope. Neck is Neck. Mrugnak, I lost my tree recently - can you send me the speed/range table and the hit location table?))
Mrugnak: Yep!
Mrugnak: (( I apparently don't have the hit location table any more))
Mrugnak: ))
whispering to Berkun, You know that Ettins live as long as either head is alive, but they are slowed down if either head is taken out. they have tough skin all over.
whispering to Mordreona, You know that Ettins live as long as either head is alive, but they are slowed down if either head is taken out. they have tough skin all over.
Singeon: What on his legs/feet
whispering to Lenia, You know that Ettins live as long as either head is alive, but they are slowed down if either head is taken out. they have tough skin all over.
Berkun: (I have it in the GM screen, it's in a pdf so I could e-mail it to you)

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Mordreona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: I stay where I am and wait for him to go past me
GM: okay.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Berkun: I'll prepare a barbed arrow and go for the neck
GM: Are you going to aim?
Berkun: yes
Berkun: for 1 turn
GM: He would have started attacking as soon as you drew your bow to the ready position.
GM: okay, aim it is. Thanks!

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: but I am hidden!
GM: No, you think you're hidden.
Lenia: All-out Defense (Dodge).
Lenia: I'm expecting an incoming boulder.
Berkun: oh!
Lenia: Done!

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [18] Ettin)

Mrugnak: Mrugnak jogs up to the Ettin, taking the direct route!
GM: move!
GM: by the way - you can't move through tree trunks, but you can move under the foliage.
GM: great.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[18]<b> Ettin
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Mrugnak: ###
Berkun: is the ettin higher than the trees?
Ochley and Leyoch: "Smash yous little man!"
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak not little! Mrugnak big!"
Mrugnak: "You guy... guys... thing... bigger, but Mrugnak big!"
** Mordreona tries not to laugh at that. **
Ochley and Leyoch: Runs forward and throws a boulder at Mrugnak. [3d6.skill(14,-2-3+1)] => [3,3,3] = 9 vs (10) or less Success! by 1
** Mrugnak dodges! **
Mrugnak: I'll dodge that too.
Mrugnak: Spending 1 FP for getting the heck out of ze way!
Mrugnak: Dodge (10) [3d6.skill(10,+2)] => [3,2,3] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
GM: Miss chance on Kaelin [3d6.skill(7,0)] => [5,3,6] = 14 vs (7) or less Failure! by 7
GM: The boulder goes flying past you as you jump to the side.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Singeon: 1 FP for Heroic Charge. Run to his back and slice at his left leg twice (+3 SM, -2 Leg, +2 evaluate, Deceptive attack -6/-3= total -3)
GM: Okay.
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-3)] => [1,5,6] = 12 vs (19) or less Success! by 7
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-3)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (19) or less Success! by 8
Ochley and Leyoch: No defense possible!
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [4,2,2] = (8) cut
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [3,2,2] = (7) cut
GM: His skin is like scale, his hide boots are like thick hide boots. One of your blades scratches him, the other raises a welt on his skin.
Singeon: ###

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Mordreona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: I move with stealth.
Mordreona: Stealth (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [2,2,5] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8
GM: He's busy preparing to turn Mrugnak and Singeon to a pulp, so you sneak up on him.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mordreona: ((can I move half my max move when using stealth?))
Berkun: I take a step and shoot
GM: At a penalty, sure.
GM: There's a tree in the way, Berkun. He's only 23 ft tall - the tree is definitely taller.
Mordreona: ((OK thats what I did))
Lenia: "Only."
Berkun: but the way I moved now? look, is there still a trunk in the way now?
Mrugnak: (( Learn Enlarge Person. Then we'll see who's bigger. ))
GM: trunks are the orange things in the center of the leaves. So yes, there's a fir trunk immediately between you and him.
Berkun: how much would the penalty be?
GM: -6 for range, -5 for cover.
Berkun: I shoot. [3d6] => [6,5,3] = (14)
Berkun: I got +3 for aiming,
GM: okay... you're at +5 for aim and Acc, -11 for penalties, against a base 19... so you hit his chest!
Berkun: I was aiming at the neck, but...
Berkun: I hit the chest, yes?
GM: No, you get the Acc bonus for being a Heroic Archer, and another +2 for the Aim.
GM: yes, the chest. (miss by 1 to the neck is the chest).
GM: roll damage.
whispering to Lenia, by the way, blame Berkun for choosing "big." there were other options.
GM: Pawel?
Berkun: yes, I'm rolling
Berkun: sorry
Berkun: damage [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7)
Berkun: that's impaling damage
GM: Sure. Your arrow sinks about a foot into his chest... you know from your youth that's not very deep in an Ettin, he took no really damage.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: Berkun hisses and prepares to move to a better position
Berkun: done
Lenia: Cast Lightning, and step.
GM: roll
Berkun: (I knew I should have gone to a different position before I started aiming...)
Lenia: Lightning: [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (17) or less Success! by 7 for 3 FP
Lenia: That should be 2 FP.
Lenia: But yeah.
GM: 4d lightning?
GM: oh, okay.
Lenia: 3d - I can't do 4 in one second yet.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [18] Ettin)

Lenia: Done.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak continues rushing towards the ettin, swinging Huvudet-krossat-i around in a big powerful spiky arc right at the Ettin's left knee.
GM: You'll have to move and attack, I think.
Mrugnak: Spending a FP on a Heroic Charge and taking a called shot to the leg joint (-5). Deceptive (-4/-2) for speed, +2 to hit instead of +3 because Mrugnak is a pretty big target too.
Mrugnak: I think that's all the modifiers.
GM: Not using joint rules, actually.
GM: too much detail, even for me.
Mrugnak: Oh, kay. Just leg then.
GM: okay.
Mrugnak: Deceptive -6-3 then!
Mrugnak: to make up for it!
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(22,-2-6+2)] => [3,5,5] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3
Ochley and Leyoch: Feverish defense [3d6.skill(7,-3-2+2)] => [5,4,5] = 14 vs (4) or less Critical Failure! by 10 [B556]
Singeon: Sweet
Mrugnak: Cackle!
GM: He dodges clumsily and goes to one knee - roll damage.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [5,2,3,4,3] = (17) cr
Mrugnak: Armor counts for half.
Mrugnak: Because Huvudet-krossat-i smashes things wat good.
GM: oh, right, he's still well-armored, though.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[18]<b> Ettin
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Mrugnak: 'sokay!
Mrugnak: Is his leg busted?
GM: Not even close.
Mrugnak: Dang.
Ochley and Leyoch: "rrrarr!" surges to his feet and stomps on Singeon while focusing on Mrugnak and slamming him with the club. Stomp: [3d6.skill(10,+4)] => [1,5,3] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5 telegraphed; club swing [3d6.skill(12,4+1)] => [4,4,3] = 11 vs (17) or less Success! by 6 telegraphed
Singeon: I get + what for telegraped
GM: anyway, you're both at at a net -1 to defend against his attacks. he has a massive size advantage.
Singeon: Acrododge at -1
GM: Defenses?
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,3,3] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,+1)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (13) or less Failure! by 3
Singeon: Luck please
GM: Ya think?
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,-1)] => [3,5,1] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,-1)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
** Mrugnak leaps back, Frenzied Defense, for 1 FP because I can't actually Retreat. **
Singeon: I guess by 2!
Mrugnak: Dodge (10) [3d6.skill(10,+2-1)] => [4,2,4] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1
GM: You're at -2 for the Move and Attack, aren't you?
Mrugnak: I could be, uh oh.
GM: Nope. I am confused.
Mrugnak: Yay!
Narrator: Mrugnak and Singeon desperately dodge the Ettin's attacks.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Singeon: Dual thrust at his left leg, targetting chinks in armor (-10 location, +3 SM = total -7)
Singeon: These say swing, but it is thrust
GM: okay.
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [2,5,2] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [2,5,5] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
GM: He ignores your puny pin-pricks.
GM: roll damage.
Singeon: DR halved??
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Thrust): [1d6+3] => [5,3] = (8) imp
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Thrust): [1d6+3] => [5,3] = (8) imp
GM: Sure, why not?
Singeon: Good rolls
GM: yep. he'll regret ignoring you, as you sink your blades into the muscle of his calf.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Mordreona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Singeon: BOOYEAH!
Mordreona: steps between his legs and swing upward with a surprise attack. **I use 1 FP for extra damage as well.**
Mordreona: DO NOTHING: cannot move; may defend {B364}, ALL-OUT ATTACK: Strong (+2 damage or +1 per die, whichever is better; melee only); move up to 1/2 (forward only); no defend {B365}
GM: okay.
Mordreona: Shortsword (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
GM: it's pretty much the top of your reach.
GM: but he hadn't seen you- - roll damage.
Mordreona: ((not sure the mod)) (( I am 5'11"
Mordreona: Swing damage: [3d6-1] => [3,5,6,-1] = (13)
Mordreona: ((1 sec that does not include the all out or the FP
GM: actually, you can't send fatigue on a strong attack.
GM: yeah, I can add 3 by myself, though. and you can't swing to the groin - have to stab.
Mordreona: OK I'll roll my thrust
Mordreona: Thrust damage: [1d6+2] => [6,2] = (8)
GM: my bad - I tell a lie. you can swing to the groin. Owch.
Mordreona: then 13+3
GM: you do 16 base damage... 15 gets through, and he takes a lot of shock.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Berkun: I move and fast-draw a frog's crotch arrow
** Lenia winces. **
Berkun: fast draw arrow [3d6] => [3,2,1] = (6)
Berkun: success
Berkun: done
GM: relocate yourself.
Lenia: "I don't even *have* those bits, and I felt that one."

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Lenia: Step and charge the Lightning with another 3 FP.
GM: ooh.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [18] Ettin)

** Mrugnak steps around Ochley to be opposite Singeon, and hacks into his leg muscles with Trovaardig yxa, then smashes his knee with Huvudet-krossat-i. **
Mrugnak: Dual weapon attack for -4/-4, untrained but Mrugnak's still handy with Trovaardig yxa in his off hand so no offhand penalties.
GM: okay.
Mrugnak: ATTACK: may step; may defend, Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(22,-4)] => [4,5,1] = 10 vs (18) or less Success! by 8 , Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Primary [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [3,2,2] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7
Mrugnak: Forgot to add the +2s for size.
Mrugnak: Not that it matters, apparently.
Ochley and Leyoch: Feverish defense and retreat while Dodging [3d6.skill(7,2+3)] => [3,5,6] = 14 vs (12) or less Failure! by 2 [3d6.skill(7,2+3)] => [6,3,3] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Mrugnak: Do I count as flanking yet or will I have to move more?
GM: No, you weren't quite in his side.
Mrugnak: Ah well. He's huge.
Mrugnak: ###
Mrugnak: Oh I hit with the axe!
GM: Damage for the shot that hit?
Mrugnak: Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Primary [4d6+3] => [4,5,3,3,3] = (18) cut
GM: holy mother of god. he takes 18 damage to the leg. after DR.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[18]<b> Ettin
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Singeon: ((golf clap))
Singeon: Dual thrust at his left leg, targetting chinks in armor (-10 location, +3 SM = total -7)
Lenia: "And the ettin is still standing!"
Ochley and Leyoch: unconscious from accumulate damage? [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,1,3] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
Mordreona: (( are we using - to dx =to damage taken that round and the next?))
GM: hey, wait your turn!
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [1,3,4] = 8 vs (22) or less Success! by 14
GM: Mrugnak - what?
Singeon: Saw my name. i love my name
Singeon: Sorry
Mrugnak: Mrugnak wat?
GM: sorry, sorry. Mordreona, what?
Mrugnak: What? I didn't say anything? Should I?
Mrugnak: (( Shock penalties, I think she means ))
GM: No, I misread the "M" name. Stupid minor dyslexia.
Lenia: Mordreona - shock penalties apply to rolls made on the round after you take damage, up to -4 for 4 or more damage. High Pain Threshold negates this.
GM: Yes, he's suffering from shocking penalties.
Mrugnak: (( It's capped at -4 sadly ))
Mordreona: ((k))
GM: and it's divided by HP/10, so you need to do a lot of damage to generate shock. fortunately, you have...
Lenia: Low Pain Threshold doubles it. At least one party member has this, so try to not let her get hurt. She whines a lot. >.>
Mordreona: ((lol, I will see what I can do.))
Ochley and Leyoch: "Aiighh!
Ochley and Leyoch: All-out attack, determined. Flurry of Blows. Double curb stomp on Singeon and Mordreona while he swings his Club and Mrugnak. All attacks Telegraphed. Club: [3d6.skill(12,4+4-6+1)] => [2,1,4] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8
Ochley and Leyoch: curb stomp Singeon: [3d6.skill(10,4+4-6-3)] => [2,1,3] = 6 vs (9) or less Success! by 3
Mrugnak: Telegraph just reduces the net penalty to -1 right?
Ochley and Leyoch: curb stomp Mordreona [3d6.skill(10,4+4-6-3)] => [2,2,1] = 5 vs (9) or less Success! by 4
Singeon: Retreat and Acrododge
GM: Go Team Ettin!
GM: yes, it reduces the penalty to -1.
Mrugnak: Kay.
Singeon: I'm sorry but what is my penalty with the retreat?
Mordreona: DO NOTHING: cannot move; may defend {B364}, ALL-OUT ATTACK: Strong (+2 damage or +1 per die, whichever is better; melee only); move up to 1/2 (forward only); no defend {B365}, Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [4,1,2] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4
** Mrugnak leaps back for reals this time! (( Dodge and Retreat )) **
Mordreona: sorry about that
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [4,2,6] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
GM: uhm. Singeon first.
Singeon: Mark? What is my penalty with my retreat? I'm confuzzled
GM: you're netting a +4 with the Acrododge retreat, Eric. or -3 if you're at light encumbrance.
GM: sorry, +3.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,4)] => [6,6,3] = 15 vs (16) or less Success! by 1
GM: good enough.
Singeon: Dead on then
GM: Mordreona - did you All-out attack last turn?
Singeon: Thanks
Mordreona: yes
GM: Sucks to be you, I'm afraid.
Ochley and Leyoch: Ettin curb stomp: [5d6+6] => [4,4,3,5,5,6] = (27) vs DR2
Mordreona: ouch
GM: you take 25 damage and unbelievable pain.
GM: Mrugnak? retreating and stuff?
** Lenia winces. **
Mrugnak: Dodge (10) [3d6.skill(10,+3-1)] => [1,6,6] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
Mordreona: (( I think I need 3 HT rolls))
GM: Mordreona, you'll need to make a HT roll or be stunned. you're also knocked prone.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak probably gets whacked :D
GM: No, just 1 HT roll right now... next turn, you'll start with the consciousness roll.
GM: Looks like it, Mrugnak
Ochley and Leyoch: Ettin home-run slam! [8d6+6] => [5,1,2,5,2,3,1,3,6] = (28)
Mordreona: k, does very fit affect this roll?
GM: Yes, all HT rolls.
Mrugnak: Yep. Love Very Fit. Good buy.
Mordreona: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,+2)] => [2,4,6] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
GM: Mrugnak, you take lots of damage and are knocked back 1 space. major wound - roll for knockdown/stun, and then roll DX-1 for tripping when being slammed back.
Mrugnak: DR 5 on the torso, so 23 HPs of damage wee!
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,+4)] => [6,3,3] = 12 vs (17) or less Success! by 5
GM: yeah, but you can take it.
Mrugnak: Woops, should have been +5, I have Fit.
Mrugnak: DX (13) [3d6.skill(13,-1)] => [3,4,1] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
Mrugnak: Excuse me while I berserk.
GM: do you roll for that?
GM: right-ho!
Mrugnak: Looks like I'm only REALLY REALLY ANGRY.
Narrator: The enraged and dying ettin proceeds to slam everyone around... and go beserk.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Singeon: Step and Dual thrust at his left leg, targetting chinks in armor (-10 location, +3 SM = total -7)
Singeon: Says swing, but they are thrusts
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [2,4,6] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [6,6,1] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
Singeon: HIT THOSE CHINKS
GM: He all-out attack, so no defense.
Singeon: His bad
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Thrust): [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4) imp
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Thrust): [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4) imp
Lenia: You know that impaling on the leg is x1 modifier, and not x2, right? It's like crushing.
Lenia: Also.
Singeon: Is it?
Lenia: Yeah.
Singeon: No i didn't realize
GM: Yes. You pin prick him, but it's better than getting under those feet.
Singeon: Oh well, next turn
Lenia: Also, you need to roll more than half his DR when you target chinks, or it doesn't work. :D

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Mordreona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: I take a step back and try to drink one of my healing potions, assuming it is not broken, and I do not pass out.
GM: roll HT (at +2 for very fit) or fall unconscious
Mordreona: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,2)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (15) or less Success! by 0
GM: You're prone... an Ettin just stepped on you.
GM: so if you want to move, you have to crawl.
Mordreona: then I just bleed.
GM: want to draw a potion?
Mordreona: yes
GM: you ready a potion.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Berkun: I roll to prepare my bow and shoot the same turn:[3d6] => [4,3,6] = (13)
Berkun: success
Berkun: shoot at his neck [3d6] => [1,1,4] = (6)
GM: okay, you're at -3 for range...
Berkun: got him damage: 1d6+6 cutting, counts as x2
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11)
GM: but +3 for being Acc. and +3 for size. and -5 for neck, and -1 for shooting and readying.
GM: so not a critical... your arrow cuts into his neck. well, one of them. probably Ochley's but maybe Leyoch's.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: +1 for weapon bond, if that matters
Lenia: Move and attack, since he's not defending. I have the range at 8 for -4, +3 for size, aiming for the chest.
GM: okay.
Lenia: Innate Attack: [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [3,5,5] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
GM: -1 for foliage, and his chest is far enough up to increase the range penalty to -5.
GM: you'll miss.
Lenia: Luck.
Lenia: Innate Attack: [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [2,4,3] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
Lenia: Innate Attack: [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [4,4,3] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
GM: roll damage.
Lenia: Lightning Damage: [6d-6] => 6d-6 burning; roll HT at -1 per 2 points of damage or be stunned.
Lenia: Lightning Damage: [6d6-6] => [4,1,1,4,2,4,-6] = (10) burning; roll HT at -1 per 2 points of damage or be stunned.
Lenia: Wow. That was underwhelming.
GM: he's immune to stun while berserking.
GM: yes, that was pathetic.
GM: I redid the math, and Berkun's shot was a critical.
Mordreona: ((bet it smells nice tho.))
GM: [3d6.crit_headblow()] => [1,3,2] = 6 If you aimed for face or skull, you hit an eye [B399]; otherwise, DR only half effective & if even 1 point damage penetrates it's a major wound [B420]. If you hit an eye and that should be impossible, treat as if a 4 were rolled, see [B556]. [B556]
Berkun: is a major wound what I need to behead him?
GM: no, decaptiation is a special effect of kiling someone. but...
Ochley and Leyoch: major wound to the neck [3d6.skill(12,4-5)] => [6,6,5] = 17 vs (11) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Mrugnak: O.o
GM: When I said you hit Ochley's (or maybe Leyoch's) neck, what I meant was "your arrow slices into his skin and catches his jugular, neatly severing it. The head lolls, unconscious, as a rain of blood covers Morderona."
GM: Stupid typos.
Lenia: A common mistake.
Lenia: The keys are right next to each other
Berkun: well, this is great...!
Singeon: BOOYEAH!
Singeon: Excellent shot, mate!
GM: where were we? oh, right.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [18] Ettin)

Mrugnak: He's got a spare neck guys :D
** Mrugnak rushes up to Ochley to be opposite Singeon for reals this time, and hacks into his leg muscles with Trovaardig yxa, then smashes his groin with Huvudet-krossat-i. **
Mrugnak: Spending a FP on Heroic Charge, called shot to the leg and to the groin, Dual weapon attack for -4/-4, is doing a Deceptive Attack sneaky uppercut to the balls from between the legs for -2/-1.
GM: okay.
whispering to Mrugnak, why are you deceptive attacking someone who is Beserk, and therefore all-out attacking?
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(22,-4+2-4)] => [5,3,6] = 14 vs (16) or less Success! by 2 , Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Primary [3d6.skill(18,-2+2-4)] => [1,1,6] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6
GM: he's all out attacking. roll damage.
Mrugnak: Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Primary [4d6+3] => [1,1,5,5,3] = (15) cut
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [1,3,4,6,3] = (17) cr
Berkun: from where I stand, to I have a clear shot at the other head/neck?
Mrugnak: And of course half armor vs the morning star
GM: right.
Narrator: Blood continues to fountain from the Ettin's legs and neck as the delvers pile on.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[18]<b> Ettin
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Ochley and Leyoch: "Youse hurt me broder!" Death check [3d6.skill(12,4)] => [1,1,3] = 5 vs (16) or less Critical Success! by 11 [B556]; unconscious [3d6.skill(12,2)] => [4,3,3] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4
Ochley and Leyoch: All-out attack (Double) - spin around slowly, sweeping Mrugnak and Berkun with his club.
Ochley and Leyoch: Mrugnak [3d6.skill(12,4)] => [2,4,6] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4 Telegraphed
Ochley and Leyoch: Berkun [3d6.skill(12,4)] => [6,5,3] = 14 vs (16) or less Success! by 2 Telegraphed
GM: Defense, folks?
Mrugnak: Frenzied dodge!
Mrugnak: Dodge (10) [3d6.skill(10,-2+2)] => [5,1,1] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
Berkun: frenzied dodge and I retreat! [3d6] => [3,1,5] = (9)
Narrator: sweating, the delvers jump back from the massive clubs.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Singeon: If I want to use mighty blow, it goes to one attack, not both, right?
Berkun: we got him now... as long as Mrugnak can block him from going at me, I can get the other head
GM: 1 FP per attack.
Singeon: Do i choose which attack now or after I get hits?
GM: before you roll.
Singeon: I have two attacks
Berkun: GM, do we need to keep track on what we're expending or is it optional only?
Singeon: Dual thrust at his back, targetting chinks in armor (-10 location, +3 SM = total -7) Mighty Blow on left hand attack.
GM: I'm keeping track.. you should to, if you want to be able to argue with me when I get it wrong.
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [5,2,6] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [5,2,3] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
GM: Singeon, you'll need to make a move and attack to hit his back, what with it being 15 feet above you!
Singeon: Can't just step?
Singeon: What can I hit?
GM: can't reach
Berkun: OK, I am
GM: his legs. or you can move and attack, and roll acrobatics or jumping to get on his back.
Singeon: Move and attack and get on his back. FUN!
Mrugnak: Stylish!
GM: yeah, it is more swash.
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [4,6,2] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
GM: spending FP for the Heroic charge?
Lenia: And perhaps the giant will buckle under the weight?
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
Mordreona: lol
Mrugnak: (bwahahaha)
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [6,4,3] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
Mrugnak: (ahahahaha *snort* hee hee )
Lenia: Swash... buckle? No? I'll go back to my corner now.
Singeon: Thrusts on those, even though it says swing
GM: heroic charge?
Singeon: Wait
Singeon: Arrrrgh
Singeon: Okay, but then i cant use mighty blow. But it is OK
Singeon: Heroic Charge
GM: well, otherwise, you miss. so do it.
GM: roll thrust damage.
GM: twice.
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Thrust): [1d6+3] => [2,3] = (5) imp
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Thrust): [1d6+3] => [5,3] = (8) imp
GM: you stab into his lungs as best you can, using your blades as pitons as you scale up his back.
Singeon: LOL
GM: For what it's worth. he takes 31 damage.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Mordreona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Singeon: Huzzah!
Mrugnak: However, he's off his nut and not noticing that he's dead :D
Mordreona: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,2)] => [2,2,3] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8
Mordreona: I drink the potion and try to stand if I can.
GM: Nope, getting your knees is a move action.
GM: Regular healing potion?
Mordreona: yes
GM: [2d6] => [4,5] = (9)
GM: The magical elixir courses through your body, fixing ribs and repairing joints.
GM: You're still hurt, just less so.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mordreona: ((-3 I think))
Berkun: one question, if I draw, ready and shoot at the same turn, do I get aim bonuses?
GM: yes, heroic archer is kinda heroic like that.
Berkun: fast draw[3d6] => [2,2,4] = (8)
Berkun: heroic archer[3d6] => [5,5,1] = (11)
Berkun: shoot at the head... apology that I forgot to clarify. neck, barbed arrow
Berkun: [3d6] => [1,3,1] = (5)
Berkun: I mean head
Berkun: barbed arrow
GM: math time! skill is [19+3+3-1-5-4] => 15
GM: you critical hit. AGAIN.
Lenia: See: "Why I stopped playing my heroic archer".
Berkun: (and weapon bond?)
GM: [3d6.crit_headblow()] => [3,1,1] = 5 The victim's DR protects at half value, rounded up, after applying armor divisors AND if even 1 point penetrates it's a major wound [B420]. [B556]
Berkun: damage [1d6+6] => [3,6] = (9) impaling
Berkun: and should be a x4 if it's the head
GM: He takes 16 damage and a major wound.
GM: nope, that's brain, not face.
Berkun: ah
Ochley and Leyoch: knockdown [3d6.skill(12,4-5)] => [3,3,3] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
GM: He seems reasonably unfazed by the fact that you just buried your arrow in his nasal cavity.
GM: Okay, he's really, really pissed about it. but it's not slowing him down.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: "Smell THIS!"
Lenia: Drop my pack (free action) and Move.
GM: There's a small war going on in front of you.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [18] Ettin)

Lenia: I'm going for the Medic role at this point.
Mrugnak: I have his full attention at the moment?
Mrugnak: Or not?
GM: Hard to say. His club is going everywhere. You and Berkun are targets of interest, but Singeon is climbing up his back...
Mrugnak: Right.
Mrugnak: Heck, I'll try to take out his leg again.
** Mrugnak hacks into his leg muscles with Trovaardig yxa, then smashes his knee again with Huvudet-krossat-i. **
GM: Sure.
Mrugnak: Then stepping back one hex.
Berkun: hey!
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(22,-2+2-4)] => [1,6,1] = 8 vs (18) or less Success! by 10 , Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Primary [3d6.skill(18,-2+2-4)] => [4,6,2] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
GM: damages?
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [5,6,1,2,3] = (17) cr
Mrugnak: Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Primary [4d6+3] => [1,3,1,4,3] = (12) cut
Mrugnak: I hate those 1s.
Lenia: Tell me about it.
Mrugnak: Back to a tree! OK, Done.
GM: You're smashing his leg, but they are literally like tree trunks.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[18]<b> Ettin
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Ochley and Leyoch: Death check: [3d6.skill(12,4-1)] => [1,1,6] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7 ; unconscious [3d6.skill(12,2-2)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
Ochley and Leyoch: Ochley tries to get Singeon off him by throwing some elbows and such [3d6.skill(12,4-2)] => [6,5,3] = 14 vs (14) or less Success! by 0 [3d6.skill(12,4-2)] => [1,1,6] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6
Ochley and Leyoch: all-out (double) telegraphed... both hit.
GM: Singeon?
Singeon: If I dodge do I fall off?
GM: You can take a -3 penalty to stay where you are. Retreating would knock you off. You can try to Acrododge, though.
Singeon: Acrododge
Singeon: What is my modifier?
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Singeon: +2 for telegraph?
GM: yes.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,4)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5
GM: other elbow?
Singeon: That would just be a regular dodge
GM: did you forget the -3 penalty?
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,2)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6
GM: okay, didn't matter.
Singeon: "You look like a chicken when you do that with your arms!"
Narrator: Singeon flips like an eel as the Ettin roars and tries to smack him.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Singeon: Hold on to the rapier embedded in him, and then make a mighty blow (1fp) thrust at his back with the other, targetting chinks in armor (-10 location, +3 SM = total -7).
GM: okay.
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (15) or less Failure! by 1
GM: uhmm... rapid strike/telegraphed? no, apparently not.
GM: you miss his vitals and hit meat. roll damage.
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Thrust): [1d6+3] => [6,3] = (9) imp
Singeon: +2 for 11
Singeon: Mighty Blow
GM: You stab deep into him...
GM: he's pretty big, though.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Mordreona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,2)] => [5,6,4] = 15 vs (15) or less Success! by 0
Mordreona: Failing my blood lust I charge at him with a mighty blow.
Mordreona: Shortsword (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,6,5] = 14 vs (15) or less Success! by 1
GM: you're prone... but okay. go for it.
Mordreona: was at the leg
GM: you cut clumsily at the leg. if you telegraphed the blow, you would have hit. what the hey.
Mordreona: can I all out attack and get to him?
GM: no, you got him. roll damage.
Mordreona: [3d6-1] => [2,2,2,-1] = (5)
GM: It's actually [2d6+3] => [1,5,3] = (9) because he's not surprised. well.. mostly not surprised.
GM: you cut into his foot. it's big.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

darrow: fast draw barbed arrow [3d6] => [6,2,6] = (14)
darrow: ready bow[3d6] => [3,5,6] = (14)
darrow: I step back 1 hex and shoot at his skull
darrow: [3d6] => [4,4,6] = (14)
GM: okay. you miss. (needed an 11)
darrow: right
GM: when did you stop being Berkun?

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: (mistake, 'darrow' was meant to be a macro, I thought aliases are like macros)
Lenia: Step and cast Major Healing on Mordreona. -4 for range.
Berkun: (I didn't get the hang of Openrpg as much as Maptool
GM: roll it, Lenia.
Lenia: Major Healing: [3d6.skill(17,-4)] => [3,3,3] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4 for 3 FP (8 healing)
Narrator: White light streams from Lenia's hand, and Mordreona's wounds closed and her bones strengthened.
GM: You're at 5 damage, by the way.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [18] Ettin)

** Mrugnak lunges forward, driving the pick on Trovaardig yxa into Ochley's gut with a powerful over-arm swing. **
Mrugnak: telegraphic.
GM: You're at -3 to make that attack... not counting SM and Telegraph modifiers.
Mrugnak: Hell, chinks in the armor.
Mrugnak: And 1 FP for Mighty blows. I think that comes out to -8 for Chinks in the torso armor to hit Vitals, -3 for Way Up There, +2 SM, +4 Telegraphic. If it's -10 for chinks in the torso armor to hit Vitals, that's cool.
GM: -10 for chinks to the vitals.
Mrugnak: Kay.
Mrugnak: Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Pick [3d6.skill(18,-10-3+2+4)] => [5,6,5] = 16 vs (11) or less Failure! by 5
Mrugnak: Damn.
GM: You swing mightily, but he's jumping up and down trying to dislodge Singeon, and inadvertently goes over your axe.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[18]<b> Ettin
(on deck: [28] Singeon)

Ochley and Leyoch: Consciousness [3d6.skill(12,2-2)] => [4,5,2] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Ochley and Leyoch: Ochley hates Singeon and throws more elbows and such [3d6.skill(12,4-2)] => [1,1,4] = 6 vs (14) or less Success! by 8 [3d6.skill(12,4-2)] => [3,6,5] = 14 vs (14) or less Success! by 0
Singeon: Acrododge and dodge
Singeon: Skill: Acrobatics (15): [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [5,1,4] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,2)] => [1,4,4] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Ochley and Leyoch: don't forget the -3 penalty for being on his back...
Ochley and Leyoch: which you did. damage [5d6-4] => [2,3,2,4,1,-4] = (8)
Singeon: Then I miss the second
Mrugnak: Nice roll :D
GM: It's a clumsy hit and your armor will absorb most of it. you take 4 damage.
GM: pathetic.
Singeon: Getting broken in. Broken, get it!

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Mordreona)

Singeon: Hold on to the rapier embedded in him, and then make a telegraphed all out attack (+2 damage), mighty blow (1fp) thrust at his back with the other, targetting chinks in armor (-8 location, +3 SM, +4 telegraphed = total -1).
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-1)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (21) or less Success! by 13
GM: can't mighty blow a strong attack.
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Thrust): [1d6+3] => [6,3] = (9) imp
Singeon: +2 for 11
Singeon: I can do whatever I want... as long as you say I can.
Singeon: Sir
Mrugnak: Well done :D
GM: (heh) You've carved out enough space into his back that you can start getting at vital organs. You pierce his heart, and he collapses.
Lenia: Aw, and here I was hoping he'd survive. Singeon AoAed.
GM: Dodges for everyone underfoot! That's Mrugnak, Singeon, and Mordreona, for those not paying attention.
Singeon: I flip off him with acrobatics
Lenia: ...Whose side am I on, again?
Singeon: Acrobatics (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [4,5,3] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
GM: Hmmm... acrobatics at -10.
Mrugnak: Dodge (10) [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Mordreona: Acrobatics (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [6,6,1] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 Includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
GM: want to roll luck?
Singeon: Ok make it an acro dodge
Mrugnak: That was meant to be a retreat.
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,+1)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Mrugnak: But cancel apparently resulted in the macro sending anyways so I couldn't state it.
GM: makes sense, Mrugnak.
Mrugnak: So Im' squished.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,2)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4
Lenia: Yeah, the macros are like that. =(
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,made the dodge)] => 3d6.skill(12,made the dodge)
GM: Singeon - AoA means no DODGE.
GM: You know that. Roll Acrobatics at -10 to jump clear.
Singeon: Yes it does, never mind
Singeon: I am getting confused again.
GM: Okay, Mrugnak jumps out of the way, and Mordreona rolls to one side.
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,-10)] => [3,5,5] = 13 vs (2) or less Critical Failure! by 11 [B556]
Singeon: CRIT FAIL!
Singeon: LUCK
Lenia: I say we let that stand even though he couldn't roll it. >.>
Singeon: Defend: Dodge (Enc 0) (13): [3d6.skill(12,-10)] => [3,3,2] = 8 vs (2) or less Failure! by 6
GM: Singeon gets caught in collapsing ettin bits (what part of NO DODGE is complicated)
Singeon: You asked for an acro at -10 for some reason
GM: and takes [(5d6+1)/2] => 10.0
Berkun: "Watch out, 'es falling down!"
GM: no, I asked for an Acrobatics roll.
GM: "GM: Hmmm... acrobatics at -10."
GM: [5d6+1] => [5,5,6,1,5,1] = (23)
Lenia: You can't dodge. Mark generously allowed an option to jump free with an Acrobatics -10 roll, which failed according to the roll up there that you made by 3.
Singeon: I dinno.
GM: you take 11 damage before DR. So, 7 damage.
Singeon: Ok
Singeon: Sorry
Narrator: Covered in blood and slightly shocked, the delvers look at the excessively gory corpse of the ettin.
GM: what are people up to now?
Lenia: "He should have let us pass."
** Mordreona walks over and kicks it in the head. **
GM: Limps, I think =)
Mordreona: true
Lenia: Resting! And then healing for wounded people!
GM: But good role-playing, I'll remember that.
Berkun: Berkun strides towards the dead giant, unceremoniously starting to sift trough it's clothing
GM: Hmmm...
** Mordreona turns to Lenia,"thank you for the healing my friend." **
Berkun: "Did ya stab it trough the heart? Ettin hearts are valuable to magicians, but it's too far to carry the rotting thing anyway."
** Mordreona then kicks the bloody mass again. **
Singeon: Yes i did. And I'd do it again.
** Mrugnak sits down, heavily, and then grits his teeth as his poor, smashed ribs complain at the treatment. **
Berkun: "Too bad it's dead for good, it might have had a hideout..."
Mrugnak: "Big feets got big tracks."
Mrugnak: "Big, stinky feets."
Singeon: Anyone track where he came from?
GM: You can see a pile of sleeping furs about 15 yards away. They're rotting.
Berkun: "Ha, tracking him will be easy."
** Mrugnak waves a hand in front of his face, and then grits his teeth a little again. **
Berkun: "And his 'hideout' was just those skins"
** Mordreona sits down by Mrugnak. **
Lenia: Major Healing on Mrugnak: [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [4,1,3] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8 spending 5 FP for 18 healing.
whispering to Berkun, He's got several pounds of coins in his pockets... mostly brass, some copper and silver, and a couple of pieces of silver hackwork.
Singeon: He said it is his lands. i claim it for us now. I wonder how much we can get for it.
Mrugnak: (( x2 FP for SM +1? ))
Mordreona: maybe we should have given him the mule.
Mordreona: next time lets bring a spare
GM: Berkun pulls a lot of coins and silver hackwork out of the Ettin's pouch.
Lenia: ((Accounted for. 3 FP, doubled to 6, -1 for skill, giving 6*3 healing.)
GM: nice.
** Lenia is now near exhaustion, and sits down to rest. **
Berkun: "Worthless claim, bladesman. Ettins boast, but they're just monsters."
Berkun: hackwork?
Mrugnak: Hacksilver!
Berkun: Berkun throws the loot on the ground
Berkun: "We share it later, right?"
Lenia: "Yeah."
Mrugnak: Silver armbands that you cut pieces off to trade with.
Mrugnak: Like money, but not.
Berkun: "As for now, I rather travel light"
GM: thanks, Mrugnak. couldn't remember how it worked,
Mrugnak: Doesn't come in convenient coin format.
Mordreona: or an extra hireling they are cheap.
Berkun: Berkun then looks for a long branch and sifts trough the pile of hides
Mrugnak: [7+18] => 25
whispering to Mordreona, The ettin's hides are hydra hides. they could be used to make the lowest grade of dragonhide armor, and are moderately valuable.
Berkun: "My father told me about people who had to EAT an Ettin once." Berkun talks to himself while checking out the pile
GM: Mrugnak - die roll for?
** Mordreona tries to keep an eye on all the loot that is found and where it goes. **
** Mrugnak pats Lenia on the arm with one big, sweaty hand, and gets back to his feet. **
Berkun: "Had nothing else to eat, got attacked by some wandering Ettin..."
Mrugnak: Not die roll. Maths, to find current HP.
GM: ah.
Berkun: "Supposedly the toughest, vilest, worst meat one could try."
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak not eat ettininin."
Berkun: "I wonder if animals will even want to taste him"
Singeon: If Thog was here he'd eat the Ettin.
GM: the furs are random rotting furs, mostly bear and deer. worthless now.
GM: Mordreona, you have a whisper.
Berkun: Berkun goes to look for his arrows...
** Mrugnak grumps, and starts picking links of mail out of his formerly-pulverized flank. **
Berkun: I fired: 4 barbed, 1 frog
** Mrugnak says distractedly "Thog no eat ettinninin." **
GM: [1d2] => [2] = (2)[1d2] => [2] = (2)[1d2] => [2] = (2)[1d2] => [2] = (2) and [1d2] => [2] = (2)
Mordreona: ((I do not see it, the whisper.))
Berkun: (search roll?)
GM: on a 2, you're lucky [1d2] => [2] = (2)
Mordreona: ah got it
GM: they all miraculously survived the fight.
Berkun: great!
GM: nice odds. what, 1 in 64?
Berkun: they get carefully wiped, checked and placed back in the quiver
Mordreona: "I SAY WE SKIN THE FELLOW"
Berkun: "Lady, it would take DAYS!"
Berkun: "And such skin is hardly worth much"
Singeon: Let's hang him from a tree with our delver band name on it. As a calling card.
Mordreona: "not for the big guy
whispering to Mordreona, Not sure if it matters, but the hides he's wearing, not his skin...
Berkun: "We'd sweat a river trying to get him up."
Berkun: Berkun considers the suggestions with all seriousness, but still shakes his head
Singeon: The hard part was getting him down.
Mordreona: I try to talk Mrugnak into skinning it for me using fast talk.
Berkun: "Want to leave a warning, chop off heads and stick them on a... a stick!"
Mrugnak: "Dat gonna be stinky skin."
Mrugnak: (( go for it :D ))
GM: That'd be hard. roll it, Mordreona. Mrugnak, roll resistance.
Mordreona: "we can wash it in the river"
Berkun: "But it's probably only one here."
Mrugnak: Will? Does my Gullibility get me problems? :D
Mordreona: Fast-Talk (12) [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,5,1] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2 Conditional: +1 from 'Charisma' when making Influence rolls
GM: Yes.
GM: you're at -4, need to succeed by 4.
GM: GFL.
Mordreona: Come on, you will do it for me won't ya.
Mrugnak: Hee hee
Mrugnak: Will (10) [3d6.skill(10,-4)] => [5,6,5] = 16 vs (6) or less Critical Failure! by 10 [B556]
Mrugnak: BWAHAHAHA
Mrugnak: *dies laughing*
GM: You think skinning the Ettin for the frail little lady is the best idea ever.
GM: so, what's your surgery skill again?
Mrugnak: None whatsoever! Can I skin it with the Barbarian! bang skill?
Mordreona: smiles sweetly as she hands him a large knife.
GM: (doing research, brb)
Singeon: Hey, you two. We need to move on. The stench of this rotting carcass will draw scavengers.
Berkun: "He's right."
Singeon: Let's get back on the road.
Berkun: "Something might come, even for an Ettin."
Mordreona: Be careful now. This will only take a few min. Lenia needs rest anyway.
GM: It's Survival, as per DF2 p 13, and Barbarian! covers all Survival. So, Pe+2.
Berkun: "Who's going to carry what you carve off him anyway?"
GM: Am I on?
Lenia: ((Sorry, phonecall. Back.))
GM: ((stupid scroll off button))
Mordreona: Mrugnak of course.
Berkun: "And it will also stink enough to draw attention... We'd need to cure the hide first."
** Lenia comes out of her daze. "Wait, why are we skinning the giant?" **
Mrugnak: Barbarian! (10) [3d6.skill(14,+2)] => [5,6,1] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4 PER-based
** Mordreona sits down to see what happens. **
Mrugnak: Or was that Barbarian! Per Based, not Barbarian!, Per Based +2?
Mrugnak: Looks like I succeeded either way, but I think I misunderstood there.
GM: Yeah, sorry, Barbarian! Pe based, or Barbarian! +2.
GM: But the 12 is sufficient.
Mrugnak: Cool.
Singeon: I don't know, Lenia.
whispering to Lenia, You have no idea whatsoever.
Singeon: They are wasting time, resources, the stench is going to attract scavengers.
** Mrugnak points with his left hand at Mordreona. "Nice lady tell. Lotta telling, but dis good idea. Mrugnak think." **
Berkun: Berkun prepares to leave
Singeon: What, are we going to skin everything we kill in the tomb?
Mordreona: I do think we should take his hide armor tho. It could be of value.
Berkun: "Waste... If you want good skin, we should go hunt a buffallo or a bu... nevermind."
Berkun: (we should totally take his magical pants)
GM: haha!
Berkun: (like in that D&D adventure)
GM: I don't want to know.
Singeon: Berkun, Lenia, lets continue our journey. If they want to come they can follow.
whispering to Singeon, SoD: Companions?
Berkun: "I rather not, splitting up is unwise."
** Mordreona follows. come on Mrugnak they just do not understand,. make sure to get the hide he was using tho. **
Singeon: And staying here is as well.
Berkun: "Even if this area should be safe, it was an Ettin's ground after all."
Singeon: Was!
Berkun: misunderstood Ettin-flayers
Mrugnak: "Wait for Mrugnak! No leave Mrugnak!"
Berkun: "Yes, I said it was." Berkun nods. "Now it's going to be months until someone else moves in."
** Mordreona trys not to laugh. **
GM: So. No skinning, just piling up the coins and the hide armor and moving on?
Singeon: Yes
Berkun: yeah, but I rather not carry anything.
Mordreona: yes.
GM: You guys do understand that the mule was not brought along as bait for Ettins, right?
Mrugnak: Mule for carrying stuff!
Berkun: well sure, but we might theoretically leave the mule at certain point...
Mrugnak: That's what hirelings are for. Muel watching.
Mrugnak: *mule
Berkun: and there's no guarantee the mule will be back when we come back
Singeon: Mule is part of the team. i vote for the mule to be leader.
Mrugnak: Hirelings.
Berkun: and the hirelings might not survive something, etc
Berkun: only if he leads from the front
Mordreona: "An extra hireling could be used as ettin food tho."
Singeon: Jackass would be less stubborn than most of us.
GM: ((There's a GM's guarantee that hirelings will not get eaten as long as the delvers defend them against random encounters))
Mrugnak: Mrugnak not stubborn, just stupid.
Berkun: (if we'd play it right, we could have had an Ettin hireling;) )
Berkun: (wow!)
Mrugnak: (( I'm guessing using them as trap detectors is also wrong? ))
GM: ((yes.))
Mordreona: ((why?))
Mrugnak: (( Duly noted! ))
Mrugnak: (( because then they loose plot protection? ))
Mordreona: ((If we have extra))
Berkun: (even the mule?)
Mrugnak: (( Also, Mrugnak has Chummy and SoD: Adventuring Party (not Player Characters). Mule and hirelings are party members. Mrugnak likes them by default. ))
GM: They'll refuse, leave, report you to the guild... then you can't get into Polisberg and starve in the wilderness/never get to sell your loot. depending on which fate is worse.
Berkun: (argh, we better not mess with the hireling&mule union)
Mrugnak: (( Or mrugnak will be unhappy. ))
Mordreona: (very well)
GM: You can use the mule as a trap detector... if you can convince it into a delve site. See "mule, stubborn as a"
GM: Oh, and Ricka will be unhappy with you, but she's just a groom and doesn't have nearly as good a Guild.
Lenia: We are not using my mule or my hirelings as trap detectors.
Lenia: See 'Nymph, stubborn as a' as well as 'persuasive as a' as well as 'attractive as a'. We get multiple entries.
Mordreona: "I will take care of the traps, fear not.
Singeon: Our hirelings. We agreed on the new charter
Lenia: I haven't seen any coin yet.
GM: Yeah, did I mention that Mordreona is only slightly less creepy than Sithis? She's only slightly less creepy than Sithis.
Singeon: ((we need to resolve that this week))
GM: So. Moving on...
Mrugnak: How much money Mrugnak owe?
GM: [3d6] => [6,6,2] = (14)
** Mordreona keeps an eye out for any plants that may be used in potions as we walk. **
GM: another day and night's uneventful travel leaves you 40 or so miles short of the last landmark on the map. 2 more days, and then you can explore!
GM: hmmm... make a skill roll.
Mordreona: Naturalist (Earth) (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [5,2,1] = 8 vs (11) or less Success! by 3
Mordreona: Herb Lore/TL3 (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [5,1,2] = 8 vs (11) or less Success! by 3
GM: you find plants for potions. you can make 3 potions at the 20% discount when you get back to town.
Mordreona: (cool)
GM: [3d6] => [1,6,6] = (13)
GM: [3d6] => [4,1,3] = (8)
GM: Midafternoon on the 5th day, you find yourself on a deertrack, walking through deep woods.
** Mrugnak looks for deers! **
GM: You hear voices ahead, near the crossroads.
Berkun: Berkun shows it to others but doesn't seem to care about hunting at the moment
Singeon: y rapiers are ready, I swing them at nothing, working my arm muscles.
Mrugnak: Oh crap, I forgot to Survival for food.
Mordreona: I hide.
Berkun: GM, do I need to pay attention to taking the string off my bow?
Berkun: I hide as well
Mordreona: Stealth (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [5,3,5] = 13 vs (17) or less Success! by 4
Berkun: In a good shooting position
GM: berkun - no. Mordreona, Berkun - roll Stealth at -3.
** Mrugnak stands in the middle of the deer track like a giant lump. **
Berkun: Stealth13[3d6] => [1,2,3] = (6)
Singeon: no me on map
Mordreona: ((again?))
Mrugnak: If it's a couple of days, have I healed up any more?
Lenia: Assume magical healing to bring everyone to full?
Lenia: I've had resting time. :P
Singeon: ok
GM: Singeon - sorry. Lenia, Mrugnak, yes.
GM: Everyone make Perception checks at -3
Mrugnak: Does Discriminatory Smell help?
Mordreona: I would like to spend the off time as we move chumming up with Mrugnak also.
Berkun: Perception 11 [3d6] => [6,2,4] = (12)
Berkun: failed
Lenia: Perception: [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [5,2,3] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
Mordreona: Per (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,1,2] = 7 vs (13) or less Success! by 6
Mrugnak: Per (12) [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,2,3] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3
Singeon: [3d6] => [3,2,6] = (11)
GM: Not at this range.
Mrugnak: +4 if Discrim Smell counts.
Singeon: Missed it
Mrugnak: Hearing is +2 too.
GM: People who succeed spot 5-6 big humans ahead, escorted by 3 loose wolves.
GM: They're talking in a gutteral tongue that you don't recognize.
Lenia: Nothereian, obviously.
Mordreona: In a low voice "6 of them and some wolves guys, could get ugly"
Berkun: "Them?"
Berkun: how much time would I need to get up a tree and assume a good position to shoot from it?
Mordreona: (May I climb this tree and use stealth?)
Lenia: Oh god.
Berkun: "Have they got bows?"
Lenia: Not climbing.
Mordreona: (do they have bows?)
whispering to Berkun, These are Uthgark barbarians, you think. They are slavers and cannibals, but can be reasoned with or intimidated. The slavemaster will be quite skilled with a whip. They often have ritualists that can cast mind control spells.
whispering to Mordreona, These are Uthgark barbarians, you think. They are slavers and cannibals, but can be reasoned with or intimidated.
GM: Mordreona - yes, and you're not sure from here.
GM: Berkun - at least a minute.
GM: [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [3,6,5] = 14 vs (9) or less Failure! by 5
Mordreona: I climd and say,"Uthgark barbarians"
Mrugnak: Mrugnak would probably do bad things to trees if he climbed them.
Berkun: and they are going right at us, right?
GM: One of the wolves starts growling.
Mrugnak: He weighs more than a bull gorilla, even without his gear.
GM: No, they're stopped ahead, talking to each other.
Mordreona: Climbing (18) [3d6.skill(18,0)] => [5,4,3] = 12 vs (18) or less Success! by 6 Includes: +3 from 'Flexibility', +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
Mrugnak: I don't speak their language?
GM: Mordreona quickly climbs up a tree.
Mordreona: Stealth (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [2,6,2] = 10 vs (17) or less Success! by 7
GM: Mrugnak - you speak Northern Foreignese?
Berkun: I climb another tree, on the opposite side from Mordreona
Mrugnak: Yes!
Berkun: [3d6] => [6,1,4] = (11)
Mrugnak: Or something forignese. Wherever my mountains are.
Mordreona: Pulls out her x-bow and make it ready when she can.
Berkun: climibng 13
GM: Yes, this is Westmarch Uthgark Barbarian. It's related, but you've only got Broken understanding.
Lenia: Shield: [3d6.skill(17,-2)] => [4,6,6] = 16 vs (15) or less Failure! by 1 for 1 FP granting +1 DB; -2 for quick casting.
Lenia: ...
Lenia: Luck.
Lenia: Shield: [3d6.skill(17,-2)] => [1,3,1] = 5 vs (15) or less Critical Success! by 10 [B556] for 1 FP granting +1 DB; -2 for quick casting.
GM: [1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2)
Lenia: I'll rest on that laurel.
GM: Get DB2, Lenia.
Lenia: Woo.
GM: What are you guys doing? Berkun and Mrugnak kinda speak the language. Kinda.
Lenia: Blur: 3d6.skill(17,-3) for 0 FP giving -1 to attackers' rolls; -2 for quiet casting.
** Mrugnak stands in the middle of the road with Lenia, the mule, and the hirelings. **
Lenia: Blur: [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [4,4,5] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 for 0 FP giving -1 to attackers' rolls; -2 for quiet casting.
Berkun: can I get on the tree? If so, I'll try to hide as well as possible in a place suitable for shooting
Berkun: maybe my camouflage skill will help me hide better
GM: Berkun, you're in a tree.
GM: Pick one.
GM: okay.
Berkun: can I make plans with others or do I risk attackers hearing us?
Berkun: I have the gesture skill, though
GM: If you talk, they might hear. You can try Gesture, but your plans need to be simple.
Lenia: I whisper to Mrugnak and Singeon, "Don't charge them. If we get their attention and they attack, let them come after us. I'm going to put an ice patch in their path."
Berkun: of course if I hear anything of what they are talking, I'll try to hear
GM: Okay, make a Hearing roll.
Berkun: perception?
GM: [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (9) or less Failure! by 7
GM: Yes.
Mordreona: In a low voice, "I think they are cannibals."
Berkun: perception 14 [3d6] => [4,6,4] = (14)
GM: Yes.
GM: [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [3,4,1] = 8 vs (9) or less Success! by 1
GM: As Mordreona speaks, the voices stop sharply and there is silence other than the wolf growling.
Berkun: Berkun signals that Mordreona should take care of the wolves and Singeon should circle around the enemy
Lenia: I begin quietly casting Ice Patch - this will take 3 seconds.
GM: Roll Gesture.
GM: Berkun...
Berkun: [3d6] => [3,2,1] = (6)
GM: Communicative.
Berkun: success by 6
GM: The barbarians begin talking again.
Mordreona: [3d6] => [6,6,6] = (18) has no gesture skill.
whispering to Berkun, They're saying something like, "I hear voices down the trail."
Berkun: ready a barbed arrow, listen, make sure I'm well hidden
whispering to Mrugnak, They're saying something like, "I hear voices down the trail."
** Mrugnak waves at the barbarians. **
Berkun: If a bird comes to shit on me, I will not care
Singeon: "I need to pee," I say, and run off into the woods.
GM: The barbarians see Mrugnak. There are gasps, then shouts. They begin to move forward.
GM: okay.
GM: ###
Mark: It's 6 until 9, and this next fight might take more than 5 minutes. so we'll leave it on that cliffhanger of sorts.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.