FANDOM


Narrator: The delvers stand in front of the Tomb of the Bloody Baron, surveying the bodies of the last group to try to get in.
Narrator: Mordreona is sure there are traps - presumably poisonous dart traps - still active.
Mordreona: Hay do we have a large or med shield with us no one is using?
GM: While you think about what to do, everyone make Observation -8 or Perception -10 checks. These are vision checks.
Mordreona: Per (13) [3d6.skill(13,-10)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (3) or less Failure! by 9
Mrugnak: Observation (11) [3d6.skill(11,-8)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (3) or less Critical Failure! by 12 [B556]
GM: Thank you...
Lenia: I'm ineligible to roll.
GM: Berkun? You haven't rolled.
Berkun: [3d6] => [3,4,1] = (8)
Berkun: that's a fail
GM: Okay. You guys all notice the two large corpses and many corpses of carrion eaters in front of you.
Lenia: "...What killed the carrion eaters?"
GM: Many of them are visibly poisoned or impaled on darts.
Mordreona: I say you use that concussion spell while I stand behind Mrugnak.
Lenia: "All in favor of this plan?"
Mrugnak: "Where Mrugnak stand?"
** Mordreona holds up a hand. **
GM: Okay, and...?
** Mordreona gets behind Mrugnak. **
Lenia: Given the lack of objection, I'll stand about 20 yards clear and toss the Concussion at the door. Hopefully it'll set off the traps safely.
GM: Plenty of time to aim, so...
Mrugnak: I believe Mrugnak was standing with everyone else, far away from the obviously dangerous door while Mordy was looking at it.
Berkun: no objection...
Narrator: The concussion spell goes off like a thunderclap, tossing around some of the smaller bird corpses and ruffling the dead scholar's robes.
Singeon: ((Caught behind an accident on the highway. Sorry everyone for the lateness))
Mark: ((Doh! We just started - you missed nothing!))
GM: Well then.
Lenia: It doesn't appear to have set anything off. Anyone here naive enough to believe the traps are all disarmed by carrion birds and ex-delvers?
Singeon: Singeon draws his weapons and acts paranoid.
** Mrugnak would be naive enough if he understood the question. **
Berkun: "There might be traps after traps... and more traps"
Mordreona: "Mrugnak, go see if you can open the door now."
Lenia: "I' think you'll have to actually get in there and do the mechanical work, Mordreona."
Mrugnak: "Lenia fixed?"
Mordreona: "OK I'll look it over again.
Lenia: "Lenia isn't sure if she's fixed it or not, Mrugnak. Let Mordreona check."
Singeon: "I had once heard of a legendary tomb that was a clever test to find the greatest delver, who would then become host to an ancient Lich! It became known as the 'Tomb of Horrors.'"
** Mordreona goes to the door. **
Mordreona: Traps/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
** Mordreona pokes around. **
whispering to Mordreona, The traps seem to be disarmed, blocked, or empty. The door is locked in two places, though - you'll have to pick them or destroy them.
GM: Mordreona, you have a whisper.
Narrator: Mordreona steps neatly over the dead bodies and examines the door.
Mordreona: starts to pick one of the locks.
Mordreona: Lockpicking/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [6,6,6] = 18 vs (14) or less Critical Failure! [B556] Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
Mordreona: ((nice))
GM: Just as your are about to get the lock open, a large plate slams down and retracts, shattering your lockpicks.
Mordreona: "hmm, I think we need to bash this one."
GM: You no longer own lockpicks.
** Mrugnak goes to the mule, digs around in his backpack, and pulls out a crowbar. **
** Mordreona gets out of the way. **
Mordreona: "No traps guys, it is all clear."
GM: So what is everyone else doing during the hour or so of strenuous labor that it will take Mrugnak to pull a locked, iron-bound vault door open?
Singeon: "Excellent."
Singeon: As usual I guard.
Mordreona: bitch about my lock picks.
GM: Very well.
Mrugnak: Sweat, grunt, and pry at things.
Lenia: Meditate.
Narrator: The door opens into a wide corridor with a high ceiling, made of seamless stone. The air is stale and musty, with a slight scent of decay.

As you move down the corridor, you can barely make out a room at the end of the hall. The walls are painted with scenes of battle and victory from the Baron's life. A stone bier supports a stone coffin; gold, jade, and silver glints reflect in your lights.

GM: Everyone see the nice wide corridor?
Lenia: Wait. We have two dead delvers at the door. Did the Bloody Roses strip their pals of valuables?
Mrugnak: See a map loading.
Singeon: yes
Mrugnak: Aha, there we are.
GM: Well, no, they didn't. Something about all the poison darts and the dead thief deterred them.
Lenia: I see a hallway.
** Mordreona moves in slowly looking for traps. **
Lenia: "Hold up, guys."
Mrugnak: I see a square.
Lenia: What were the dead delvers carrying?
Mrugnak: With some crowded minis :D
Mordreona: ((me too a square))
Singeon: (4 hexes by 4 hexes))
GM: Both of them had on enchanted leather armor. The catboy has a lot of daggers and a large knife, some lockpicks, climbing gear, grapnels, and the like. The scholar has a broadsword, a crossbow with scope, sling, and rest; and a backpack full of books.
Berkun: sling as in weapon?
Lenia: "Hey, Mordreona - replacement lockpicks. And armor, if it fits. Mrugnak, can you carry these books?"
Lenia: As in crossbow sling, I think.
GM: No, crossbow sling.
Berkun: we'd take one grapnel?
Mordreona: Nice, thanks Lenia.
** Mordreona takes the lockpicks and looks over the leather. **
Mordreona: ((will it fit my torso?)
GM: Roll Lockpicking, Mordreona.
Mrugnak: Oh look. Books. Just what Mrugnak can appreciate :D
Mordreona: Lockpicking/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3 Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
GM: And you need to make an Armory check to see if the armor fits.
GM: The lockpicks are of fine quality - much nicer than the ones you had.
Mordreona: Whats the default?
Lenia: Armory (default): [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (11) or less Failure! by 1
Berkun: Berkun takes a grapnel for his rope
Mordreona: can I just try to put the top on?
GM: There's two suits, so you can try twice.
Lenia: Armory (default): [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [6,5,5] = 16 vs (11) or less Failure! by 5 (for the second set)
Lenia: Luck.
Lenia: Armory (default): [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [1,1,1] = 3 vs (11) or less Critical Success! [B556] (for the second set)
Lenia: That'll do.
GM: I can give you a DX penalty if you just want to put on some random guy's suit, but the scholar's armor fits perfectly well.
Mordreona: Ok, I put his on and drop my daggers (all but 2) and the acid if I need to to get my move at max.
GM: ((Stupid Maptools))
Lenia: Okay! Onward!
GM: Now that Mordreona is re-equipped, what are you up to?
** Mordreona moving in slowly and looking for traps. **
whispering to Mordreona, The armor doesn't feel as heavy as you'd expect when you put it on.
Singeon: I'll follow behind.
Singeon: Not too close, though
Lenia: Looks like Mrugnak and I bring up the rear.
Singeon: Is that a coffin or something ahead?
GM: Well, move a bit.
Lenia: Looks like a protective ward or something.
GM: Yes, Singeon, that would the stone coffin on the stone bier mentioned earlier.
GM: Mordreona, roll Perception -4.
Singeon: ((sorry))
Mordreona: Per (13) [3d6.skill(13,-4)] => [6,2,1] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
GM: ((no worries...)
** Mrugnak waits for people to get out of the way before proceeding down the hallway, due to having big shoulders. **
whispering to Mordreona, You are just about to step on a pressure plate.
Mordreona: "Stop."
Singeon: I do so.
GM: Singeon and Lenia can roll Perception -7.
Mordreona: " No one step on this stone."
Berkun: Berkun gets out of the way, but in general he'll try to keep close to Mrugnak
GM: Mordreona can roll Perception -1.
Singeon: [3d6] => [1,6,5] = (12)
Mordreona: Per (13) [3d6.skill(13,-1)] => [6,3,6] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3
Singeon: Missed by 9
GM: Lenia?
Lenia: Perception: [3d6.skill(12,-7)] => [1,1,4] = 6 vs (5) or less Failure! by 1
Lenia: Wow. That was a good roll. o.o
GM: Heh.
Singeon: Er... I made it by 2. Sorry, I thought it wa -7
GM: It was at -7.
Singeon: Nevermind.
GM: You don't have the Traps skill, do you?
Singeon: Missed by 9
Singeon: Let me spend a few points???
** Mordreona points at the pressure plate. **
GM: Alright then. Mordreona has spotted a pressure plate about 1 yard ahead of her.
GM: What are you doing?
Mordreona: "got any chalk"
GM: Someone has chalk, yes.
Singeon: "How big is it? Can we jump it?"
Berkun: "We could use blood from those there..."
Berkun: Berkun points back
** Mordreona gets the chalk and marks just before the plate. **
Lenia: "I don't know that their blood's in any condition for that sort of thing after a few weeks in the open."
Berkun: "True, it's coagulated."
Berkun: "One can just use skulls and bones to mark, though"
Mordreona: "stand back, I'm going across.
** Mordreona jumps over the plate. **
GM: Okay, move your token to where you want to land.
Mordreona: Can I see the far side of the plate?
GM: Roll Traps/Perception -2.
Mordreona: Lockpicking/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [1,2,2] = 5 vs (12) or less Success! by 7 Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
Mordreona: sorry
GM: They go at least as far as the bier.
Mordreona: Traps/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Mordreona: "Hmm, may be to far to jump."
Lenia: "I've got a plan, but it would be rather tiring."
Mordreona: Can I disarm the/it?
Singeon: "I can jump it."
Berkun: "What plan?"
Berkun: "Why don't we just poke it from afar?
Berkun: "
GM: You don't see any way to disarm it.
Mordreona: "they go as far as the bier.
Lenia: "I'm worried about setting it off because it might bring the ceiling down, or block us from going forward."
Singeon: "Proably resets."
Lenia: "I know a spell that allows someone to walk on air as if it was ground. I can get us all across with it."
whispering to Singeon, You can trivially jump to the bier without setting off any of the plates. Plenty of room to run, plenty of space overhead.
Mordreona: can I climb along the walls?
whispering to Singeon, And you're getting bored.
Mrugnak: How high is the ceiling?
GM: Ceiling is out of arm's reach for Mrugnak.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak kind of needs to worry about these things when people talk about jumping or walking on air...
Berkun: "That's a good idea, but will make it hard if we need to retreat in haste"
GM: Mordreona - they're smooth, but if you don't mind smashing the pretty pictures, yes you can.
Lenia: "It doesn't slow you down at all, Berkun. You can run and jump as much as you like."
Singeon: "It will deter others from following us."
Mordreona: Let me look for a lever or something that disarms them. must be something .
** Mordreona starts looking around. **
whispering to Singeon, You're getting bored. Roll Impulsiveness or jump to the bier and the gold.
GM: Singeon you have a whisper.
Berkun: "Yes, but if we go deep enough and then run back... will your spell still be there for us?"
whispering to Lenia, Roll for Curious or go examine the bier yourself.
Singeon: "I'm getting tired of this. First to the gold keeps it!"
Singeon: Singeon takes off and jumps the plate!!!
Berkun: "No!"
** Lenia begins spellcasting. Walk on Air: [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6 **
Berkun: Berkun jumps backwards
Singeon: Jumping (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,4,6] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
GM: Singeon, place yourself within 9 yards of the pressure point.
** Mordreona follows Singeon. **
Singeon: Running leap of course
Mordreona: Acrobatics (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,6,3] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3 Includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
Singeon: 9 before the plate?
GM: Mordreona, place yourself in 4.
GM: Okay, 8, whatever.
GM: Singeon, move your token?
Singeon: there?
GM: I thought you were jumping to the bier.
Singeon: Yeah, you meant 9 forward?
GM: Could be, could be.
Berkun: Berkun prefers to use Lenia's magic instead of risking a jump
GM: Okay then.
Lenia: 9 forward from the point that's marked as the pressure plate, I think.
Lenia: I'd like to also cast Walk on Air on Mrugnak and Berkun as well.
GM: Well... you only got the spell off on yourself before Singeon got bored.
Singeon: I think the thing would stop me.
Lenia: Yeah, if Singeon brings the roof down on our heads, I don't have much else I can do. >.>
Mrugnak: And then the world exploded :D
Narrator: As Singeon and Mordreona land, there is a faint clicking sound and the floor sinks slightly under their feet.
Narrator: With a ratcheting clunk, a portcullis drops from the ceiling behind you, sealing the corridor. Two hidden doors swing back, creating a T-intersection by the portcullis. From somewhere in those newly open corridors, you can hear voices raised in blood-curdling screams. Those same voices echo off the walls of the crypt ahead of you.
Singeon: "Cool."
Mordreona: "Crap"
Singeon: Swords out!
Berkun: bow and arrow out!
GM: We're in combat, by the way.
GM: So hang on while I explain the situation.
** Lenia begins cursing in Nymphish. **
** Mordreona pulls a sword. **
GM: Those two walls are the doors that just opened. The portcullis is dropping at the bottom of the map and is about to impale Mrugnak.
GM: Please hang on.
GM: Let's see.
Singeon: "You need to get that gate up!"
GM: And there's a couple of ragged looking children moving toward you all, giggling and holding knives.
Berkun: "Mrugnak, try it?"
GM: One moment, please.
Mrugnak: Um.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak will be attempting to avoid getting impaled.
Lenia: ((When the GM says 'wait, combat time', it's best to stop talking until he's finished describing the situation and brought up our queue in the initiative order. >.>))
whispering to Mordreona, These are doomchildren. They are demonic creatures with inhuman strength and a tendency to explode on death. They're very scary.
whispering to Mrugnak, You've fought these things before - they're fearchildren. They can cause fear if you let them giggle at you too long. Get close and kill them.
whispering to Lenia, These are doomchildren. They are demonic creatures with inhuman strength and a tendency to explode on death. They're very scary.
whispering to Singeon, You've fought these things before - they're fearchildren. They can cause fear if you let them giggle at you too long. Get close and kill them.
GM: Okay, now on your action, you can do stuff. Oh, and talking to each is a free action that you can do at any time.
GM: Any questions before we start?
Berkun: no questions
Singeon: How about them Marlins?!?
GM: great! Go!

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[32]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Singeon: Moved###
GM: Fast-draw your swords?
Singeon: Thought i called it. Okay i do that
Lenia: "Mrugnak, hold up that portcullis! Berkun, I hope you're as good a shot as you said you were. Singeon, Mordreona, stay away from the creatures! They'll explode when they die, and it won't be pretty!"
GM: Okay, good enough.
Singeon: Skill: Fast Draw (Saber)(16): [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [3,5,4] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4
Singeon: Skill: Fast Draw (Saber)(16): [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8
Mrugnak: I'm not seeing any monsters on the map.
GM: Mrugnak - you're too far back.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [28] children)

Mrugnak: Ah, k.
Mordreona: Move
GM: Don't forget to take into account turning.
GM: Anything else?
Mordreona: Done
GM: okay.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> children
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

GM: That's me!
Demon: Childs 1,3, 6 and 8 run forward.
Lenia: Hey Mark. How tall are these?
Demon: They make move and attacks against Berkun, Mrugnak, and Lenia x2.
GM: Child-sized.
Lenia: And the ceiling's about fifteen feet or more?
GM: Little over 1 meter.
GM: Yes.
Lenia: Here's hoping I don't get knocked down. >.>
Demon: attack vs Berkun [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2 vs Mrugnak [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [3,6,6] = 15 vs (9) or less Failure! by 6 vs Lenia [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [1,3,5] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0 [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [1,1,2] = 4 vs (9) or less Critical Success! [B556]
Lenia: Is the success from the one in front of me or the one coming in on the left?
Lenia: Because I can retreat from the one in front of me. :P
Demon: Child 7 steps and attacks Singeon and then steps back to let Child 4 attack [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [4,3,6] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 DA -4/-2 [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [6,2,2] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4 DA -4/2
GM: Critical was the one in front.
Demon: Two more close toward Mordreona and Singeon.
Lenia: Staff Parry: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [3,2,3] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
GM: Anyone else want to defend?
Mordreona: ((fast little guys))
Mrugnak: I don't think I need to defend?
GM: You are right! Singeon, do you want to defend?
Singeon: Parry
Singeon: Defend: Saber L Parry( 17F): [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [5,3,6] = 14 vs (17) or less Success! by 3
GM: other one?
Singeon: Defend: Saber R Parry (17F): [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [1,1,5] = 7 vs (17) or less Success! by 10
GM: okay.
Demon: "heheheh" [3d6.crit_hit()] => [2,6,5] = 13 If any damage penetrates DR, treat as major wound. See [B420] for major wounds. [B556] vs Lenia.
Demon: Damage is [3d6-2] => [1,5,1,-2] = (5) vs DR6 or something.
GM: Your armor holds!
Lenia: Also, mister success by 0 over there didn't actually hit. Blur is up, for -1 to attacker's rolls.
GM: He's got a skill of 18, capped at 9. He did hit. =)
Lenia: Right.
Lenia: I parried anyway. :P
Narrator: The children come in a rush, mostly missing or being intercepted by the delvers blades.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Lenia: "Be careful! They explode when killed! Try to stay back from them!"
Berkun: "They explode when dead! Mrugnak! Catch and toss'em back!"
Berkun: (1 step back, full defense to increase dodge)
Berkun: done
GM: If you step there, you step under the falling portcullis. Want to reconsider?
Berkun: yes!
Berkun: I try to evade the child before me and run past it then!
GM: Contest of DX. Roll it.
Berkun: [3d6] => [1,5,3] = (9)
Berkun: success by 5
Demon: keep them close: [3d6.skill(18,-2)] => [1,5,2] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8
GM: You can try running him over, but he's nimble and definitely in the way.
Berkun: I'll try to
Berkun: I'm strong too
GM: You hit him.
GM: You [3d6+2] => [2,3,2,2] = (9) vs him [1d6+2] => [1,2] = (3)
GM: There's a brief crunch as you slam into it, knocking it back and down. You may move normally; the hex the child in costs double.
GM: As it lands, it begins crying and sobbing.
Berkun: ok
GM: Your move is only 5 or 6? want to try that again?
Berkun: does turning cost extra move?
GM: yes.
GM: 1 per hex.
GM: okay.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Berkun: my move is 6, unless that grapnel was very head y
GM: Thanks! I'll update.
Berkun: oh, Lenia is the only source of light, right?
Lenia: Mordreona is carrying light as well.
Mrugnak: Grab Child 1 and step forward, out from underneath the falling portcullis, carrying the Fear Child Thinger forward with him.
Mordreona: I have one on my neck, if thats ok.
Singeon: ((test))
GM: Do you just want to slam, or are you doing a move and attack or what?
Lenia: ((C-))
GM: Mrugnak?
Mrugnak: Uh, a grapple, and step.
GM: okay, roll wrestling or DX.
GM: and take your step.
Mrugnak: Wrestling (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,5,4] = 14 vs (14) or less Success! by 0
Demon: Parry with a knife [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [5,5,5] = 15 vs (11) or less Failure! by 4
Mrugnak: And now he's at -4 DX for being grappled.
GM: You grab the small thing and carry it with you. The portcullis slams shut behind you.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [32] Singeon)

Lenia: Move and attack - Sweep Child 6 with a staff, and then walk *up* three yards so that my head's near the ceiling and I should be out of reach.
GM: Sounds good. Make the sweep at skill 9.
Lenia: -4 for move and attack, -3 for untrained Sweep?
Lenia: Skill 7. :D
Lenia: Sweep (Staff): [3d6.skill(14,-4-3)] => [5,3,6] = 14 vs (7) or less Failure! by 7
GM: right, at skill 8.
GM: 7. grrr.
GM: You miss, but you do walk away.
GM: Into the air.
GM: Done?
Lenia: ###

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[32]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Singeon: "Hey little kid, want some candy?" Singeon yells as he steps and then makes Dual Deceptive Swing Attacks to the torso, -6 to hit/-3 to it's defense, to the one in front of me!
GM: Okay.
Singeon: Size mod?
GM: -1.
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-1)] => [4,1,1] = 6 vs (21) or less Critical Success! by 15 [B556]
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-1)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (21) or less Success! by 10
Singeon: Forgot to minus out the deceptive
Singeon: The second is by 4
Singeon: I think the first is still critical.
Lenia: Nope. 6 vs 15.
Demon: Dodge! Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,-3)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (7) or less Failure! by 3 [3d6.skill(10,-3)] => [4,2,1] = 7 vs (7) or less Success! by 0
Singeon: Right. It is regular
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [1,5,2] = (8) cut
GM: You hit it, doing 12 points of damage.
Singeon: ###
Narrator: Singeon's blade carves through the creature, fire following his blade. The dying thing screams, and explodes!
Singeon: "did the narrator just say 'explodes????"
** Mrugnak nods cheerfully. **
Lenia: "Yes. Remarkable. Just like you were warned repeatedly by multiple members of the party."
Lenia: "Astonishing, truly."
GM: Explosion damage [3d6] => [2,4,5] = (11) and cutting fragmentation [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [6,2,3] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5 for [1d6] => [6] = (6)
Singeon: Singeon thought they were crazy, they didn't 'splode before!!!"
Singeon: I am 6/4 on the torso
GM: You take 11 points of explosive damage and 6 points of cutting damage; torso armor protects normally.
GM: Then 5 damage in total.
Singeon: ok!
Singeon: Singeon screams out "damn kidz!!!"
GM: Hmm. Mordreona takes 2 damage from the explosion.
GM: [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [4,1,4] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
GM: and [1d6] => [4] = (4) cutting from the fragments.
Mordreona: ((Whats my dr from the leather?))
GM: So another point in total - your armor absorbs most of the blast. DR3.
GM: [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [6,5,6] = 17 vs (16) or less Failure! [B556]
GM: The doomchild immediately behind the one that just blew up also dies... [3d6] => [4,1,2] = (7)
GM: It has a weak blast, and Singeon takes no damage from that. [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [5,1,6] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3 [3d6.skill(15,-1)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3
Singeon: A twofur!!!
GM: The fragments do [1d6] => [4] = (4) to Singeon and [1d6] => [4] = (4) to Mordreona
GM: So you're being peppered by shrapnel.
Mrugnak: Yay DR!
Singeon: Is that before DR?
GM: yes, before DR. The other two are in blast shadow of all that, so they're okay.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [28] children)

Mordreona: I turn step and all out defence.
Mordreona: Done
GM: Good plan.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> children
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Demon: Child 5 steps forward and slashes at you [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [1,6,6] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 DA -4/-2
Demon: Child 2 steps forward and slashes at you [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [1,2,4] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7 DA -4/-2
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,+2)] => [6,6,5] = 17 vs (13) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
GM: Both of them hit, you'll need to defend at -2 against each...
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
GM: doh.
Demon: The first one does [3d6-2] => [1,2,6,-2] = (7) cutting vs DR3.
Mordreona: ((thats 2 crit failures for me so far))
GM: You take 6 damage.
Mordreona: ((ok, puts me at 5))
Demon: Demon 6 will try to break free of Mrugnak - contest of ST! [3d6.skill(18,0)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (18) or less Success! by 7
Mrugnak: ST (20) [3d6.skill(20,0)] => [2,1,6] = 9 vs (20) or less Success! by 11
Demon: Okay, not successful for Demon 6. Demon 8 will roll over in preparation for crawling away. The other two demons will slash at Mrugnak's legs [3d6.skill(18,-2-4)] => [3,5,6] = 14 vs (12) or less Failure! by 2 DA-4/-2 [3d6.skill(18,-4-2)] => [4,1,6] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1 DA-4/-2
GM: One of them hits. They both move up to do that.
Mrugnak: I can try to Dodge the success.
GM: Okay, go for it.
Mrugnak: Dodge (10) [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [5,5,2] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Mrugnak: Nope!
Mrugnak: DR 6 on legs.
Mrugnak: 4 from plate, 2 from being a minotaur.
Demon: Damage [3d6-2] => [5,5,2,-2] = (10) cutting DR6
GM: 6 damage - he cuts you up good, but you hardly notice. 'cause you're you.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: "Toss it away so I can shoot it!"
Berkun: Berkun moves trough the corridor now
GM: Okay.
GM: Half speed to back up, Berkun. 3 hexes, not 4.
Berkun: done
Berkun: right

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: Dual Weapon Attack - throwing Child 1 at Child 8, grabbing Child 6 in his left hand.
GM: Uhm? Sure, roll it.
Mrugnak: Not quite sure what to roll for throwing!
Mrugnak: So I'll start with grabbing!
Mrugnak: Wrestling (14) [3d6.skill(14,-4)] => [5,3,3] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
Berkun: throwing skill of course
GM: DX at -1 for the throw.
Berkun: there's a whole table for throwing objects
Mrugnak: DX (13) [3d6.skill(13,-1)] => [5,2,3] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
Mrugnak: I'm pretty sure Mrugnak is strong enough to heft 50 odd pounds of kid two yards.
GM: Says here, 6 yards...
Mrugnak: Yeah, but I'm not trying to throw it that far. :D
Berkun: (I know where the ideal spot would be)
GM: I forgot the penalty for a double weapon attack, you miss. Well, everything but the floor. Roll damage, 2d even.
Mrugnak: Berkun wanted the kid out where he could shoot it, right? :D
Mrugnak: [2d] => 2d
Mrugnak: [2d6] => [5,2] = (7)
Berkun: yes!
GM: It slams into the ground and starts crying, too.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [32] Singeon)

Berkun: "Lenia, roon!"
Lenia: On the theory that something frozen solid *can't* explode - good theory, she's out of the blast radius - she's going to cast Frostbite on Child 3. Range is 1 yard (staff).
GM: Well, that's your theory. Roll it.
Lenia: Frostbite: [3d6.skill(17,-5)] => [6,4,2] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0 for 0 FP (2d6 damage).
Lenia: Resist with HT, needs success by 0. Unless it's fodder and fodder still doesn't resist.
GM: Fodder doesn't resist. Roll damage.
Lenia: [2d6] => [3,3] = (6)
GM: It shivers and stops moving.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[32]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Singeon: Singeon whips around and makes a Heroic Charge (1FP), followed by a Dual Deceptive Swing Attacks to the torso, -6 to hit/-3 to it's defense, to the one in front of me! Size Mod -1, total to hit -7.
GM: You're at -4 for shock, too.
Singeon: I meant: Singeon whips around and makes a Heroic Charge (1FP), followed by a Dual Deceptive Swing Attacks to the torso, -2 to hit/-1 to it's defense, to the one in front of me! Size Mod -1, total to hit -7.
Singeon: Attack: Saber L Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7
GM: Definitely.
Singeon: Attack: Saber R Swing (22): [3d6.skill(22,-7)] => [2,4,3] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Singeon: Still golden!
Demon: Dodge and retreat [3d6.skill(10,3-1)] => [2,6,2] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2 [3d6.skill(10,3-1)] => [5,5,3] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
Singeon: Damage: Saber (Swing): [2d6+2] => [4,2,2] = (8) cut
Mrugnak: AFK 1 minute, grabbing dinner from oven.
GM: It mostly dodges... but then you cut it up. And it explodes.
GM: everyone takes [3d6] => [4,1,1] = (6) damage.
GM: [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [2,6,5] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3 vs Singeon
Singeon: Vs my DR 6!
GM: [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [4,6,4] = 14 vs (16) or less Success! by 2 vs Mordreona
GM: [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [4,4,6] = 14 vs (16) or less Success! by 2 vs Mordreona
Mordreona: Can I use acrobatics to doge this?
GM: Yes, dodge and drop.
Mordreona: Acrobatics (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,6,6] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 Includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
GM: roll a dodge at +3.
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,3)] => [6,6,6] = 18 vs (14) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
GM: your luck is *terrible*
Mordreona: ((three crit failers so far))
GM: you trip and go prone in the square you're in. Doesn't help versus the blast or the fragmentation.
Mordreona: K
GM: damage is [1d6] => [6] = (6) for Singeon and [1d6] => [3] = (3) for Mordreona and [1d6] => [4] = (4) for the Doomchild.
GM: The other Doomchild explodes.
Singeon: question: the DR doesn't go against the first, only against the fragmentation, right?
GM: Your armor (both of your armors) absorbed the fragmentation.
Singeon: What about the explosion 6 points?
GM: damage from blast is [3d6] => [5,5,6] = (16), 1/6 against Singeon.
GM: Torso armor applies.
GM: Okay, Mordreona takes 13! damage from the second doomchild.
Singeon: Okay. So should I have not taken he 5 points from the first child that blowed up?
GM: He did 11 damage.
Mordreona: ((puts me at -12))
GM: So yes, you should have.
Singeon: Right. Neveremind. My brains are fried.
GM: Mordreona roll for a major wound!
GM: [3d6.skill(15,1-5)] => [4,1,3] = 8 vs (11) or less Success! by 3
Mordreona: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,2)] => [2,4,1] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8
GM: shrapnel does another [1d6] => [2] = (2)
GM: but your armor absorbs. And the fragments bounce off Singeon.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [28] children)

Mordreona: ((I may still have the acid too, if I could carry it and the new armor.))
Mordreona: Try to sit up.
GM: Roll HT+2 or fall unconscious, first.
Mordreona: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,2)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
GM: You get to your knees.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> children
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Demon: "wah!" several doomchildren are weeping. One is trying to cut up Mrugnak's left hand with manical determination [3d6.skill(18,1-4-2)] => [6,4,6] = 16 vs (13) or less Failure! by 3 DA -2/-1 and AA: Strong
GM: But it misses.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: the children are walking corpses, right?
GM: You have no idea.
GM: They have knives, and are cutting into Mrugnak. but they look like human children.
Berkun: fast draw frog arrow[3d6] => [3,5,5] = (13) quick shot[3d6] => [1,3,4] = (8)
Berkun: aimed shot(neck) and child1, all out attack
GM: roll it (net -4 to hit including range, target, size, and accuracy)
GM: sorry, -3 - forgot determined.
Berkun: that should give me 19 effective skill
GM: 16.
Berkun: right on
Berkun: [3d6] => [4,6,3] = (13)
Berkun: got him
Berkun: (it?)
GM: You hit it from behind. roll damage.
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11)
Berkun: cutting
GM: You decapitate it (22 damage); it explodes!
Berkun: great! now, chain reaction?
GM: damage is [3d6] => [5,6,1] = (12)
GM: Yep. the one next to it blows, too...
Berkun: "They're no children but walking doom!"
GM: shrapnel for child3 [3d6.skill(15,-2)] => [6,6,6] = 18 vs (13) or less Critical Failure! [B556] and [3d6.skill(15,-1)] => [1,4,4] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5
GM: damage for child3 [1d6] => [2] = (2) cutting
GM: dies from shrapnel. explodes.
GM: [3d6] => [5,2,5] = (12)
Berkun: oh damn...
GM: Mrugnak takes 12 damage before DR.
Berkun: I underestimated this
Mrugnak: 6 damage. That's cutting or explosion?
GM: shrapnel against child 6 [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [1,2,3] = 6 vs (15) or less Success! by 9 [3d6.skill(15,-4)] => [5,6,2] = 13 vs (11) or less Failure! by 2 [3d6.skill(15,-4)] => [5,3,5] = 13 vs (11) or less Failure! by 2
GM: [1d6] => [4] = (4) cutting
GM: child 6 explodes from damage.
GM: [3d6] => [1,1,2] = (4)
GM: Mrugnak takes another 4 damage from that... heh.
Mrugnak: DR 6! woo!
GM: the 6 damage was explosion, Mrugnak.
GM: you've got DR6, right, Mrugnak?
Mrugnak: yas
GM: shrapnel for Mrugnak [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,1,4] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7 [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [1,5,1] = 7 vs (16) or less Success! by 9 [3d6.skill(15,2)] => [4,3,2] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8 [3d6.skill(15,2)] => [2,6,1] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8
Mrugnak: Can you tell? :D
GM: sharp bits of bone bounce off your armor in a horrible racket.
GM: shrapnel for Berkun [3d6.skill(15,-5)] => [5,6,2] = 13 vs (10) or less Failure! by 3 [3d6.skill(15,-1)] => [2,4,1] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7 [3d6.skill(15,-3)] => [3,4,6] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1 [3d6.skill(15,-4)] => [3,5,6] = 14 vs (11) or less Failure! by 3
GM: Miraculously, most of the shrapnel misses Berkun. [1d6] => [4] = (4) cutting vs DR4.
GM: and the rest is absorbed by his armor.
GM: shrapnel for Lenia [3d6.skill(15,-5)] => [3,5,5] = 13 vs (10) or less Failure! by 3 [3d6.skill(15,-3)] => [3,5,2] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2 [3d6.skill(15,-3)] => [6,4,2] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0 [3d6.skill(15,-4)] => [4,1,3] = 8 vs (11) or less Success! by 3
GM: apparently, all that shrapnel went to Lenia [1d6] => [5] = (5)[1d6] => [5] = (5)[1d6] => [3] = (3)
Lenia: Will Deflect Missile help against any of that?
Lenia: Never mind. If that's torso armor, it bounces.
GM: I'd have to rule no, but your armor absorbs.
GM: Hmm. disappointed. you all survived.
GM: combat is over.
Lenia: Yay DR7!
Mordreona: I slump against the wall.
Mordreona: First Aid/TL3 (Human) (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [3,3,3] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
Berkun: Berkun holds one of his healing potions
Lenia: ...I don't actually know whether Singeon triggered a pressure plate.
whispering to Lenia, Walk me through DR7, please? My notes say 5.
Berkun: "Is anyone heavily injured!?"
Singeon: Singeon yells, "Mordreona is hurt bad!!"
Berkun: Berkun runs there
** Mordreona grunts **
** Mrugnak looks in confusion at the exploded remains of demonic kid in his left hands, shrugs, and tosses them away. **
Mrugnak: I assume Berkun does not set off more traps and things?
Singeon: "By Vartherion's broadsword, you will be avenged."
Berkun: I use the same path that they took...
Lenia: Assuming Berkun survives that run, I figure Mrugnak can take care of himself for now and head towards Mordreona.
GM: no more traps.
GM: well, Lenia is no physician, but Mordreona is clearly a mess.
Berkun: "Can you help her? Use this if you need to." Berkun hands Lenia his potion
GM: Hey, Singeon - explosions do crushing damage for your chainmail. So increase the damage you've taken by 4.
Lenia: Major Healing: on Mordreona [3d6.skill(17,-4)] => [1,6,5] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1 for 3 FP (8 healing).
Singeon: Aw!!!!!
** Mordreona spits up blood. **
GM: That returns Mordreona to "unconscious" - better than "nearly dying"
Singeon: Still up and ready!
Lenia: That is success by 0 - I consistently forget that Major Healing is a VH skill.
Lenia: Minor Healing: [3d6.skill(17,-4)] => [4,2,3] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4 for 2 FP (3 healing)
** Mrugnak frets around in the background while Lenia repairs Mordreona. **
GM: that brings her to "visibly shredded."
Lenia: "Is anyone else badly hurt?"
Berkun: "Not me"
Lenia: Major Healing: [3d6.skill(16,-7)] => [2,2,3] = 7 vs (9) or less Success! by 2 for 3 FP (8 healing) on Mordreona.
Singeon: I'm at half. But I can hold on if we need to conserve.
Berkun: (recover my arrow?)
Mordreona: "Thank you again Lenia."
** Mrugnak drills one finger in his ear, obviously slightly deafened by the explosions. "Mrugnak OK. Lee-neea fixed Mor-dee? **
** Mordreona stands up **
Mrugnak: "
Lenia: "Try not to get hurt again today - I don't know if I can close any more wounds."
GM: You're a funny, funny man, Berkun. The splinters from your error bounced off Mrugnak's armor.
Mrugnak: (( Almost half HP - it's a lot like OK. ))
Mordreona: "I'll do my best."
Lenia: Major Healing: [3d6.skill(16,-4)] => [2,5,4] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1 on Singeon for 3 FP (8 healing).
Singeon: ((I can take it. My ego will keep me alive))
Singeon: 8?
Singeon: Thanks
Mrugnak: Mrugnak goes back to the portcullis and sees if he can shift it.
Berkun: um, my arrow exploded?
Berkun: too bad
Lenia: "Now I'm going to sit over here while you all investigate that bier."
GM: Well.. it was in the neck of an exploding Doomchild next to an exploding doomchild in the vicinity of 2 other exploding doomchildren. it's just a stick - it's gone!
Singeon: "Good job, Lenia."
Berkun: yeah...
Berkun: by the way, did you use my potion or not?
** Mordreona looks the bier over for traps. **
Berkun: better we save them for later
Singeon: Singeon covers his mouth and makes a high pitched voice like someone else is talking, "Good job, Singeon. You are awesome!"
Lenia: ((I used two of Mrugnak's potions - none of anyone else's.))
Berkun: (OK)
GM: hang a second, folks.
Berkun: "Bad for you you didn't hear what Lenia said! Those THINGS explode."
GM: Mrugnak - the portcullis is firmly wedged into the ground. Make ST-15 checks, 4 times, to pull it up.
** Lenia gives Singeon a look. "I warned you to stay clear because they exploded. You ran in and started carving them up, and Mordreona nearly got killed. 'Awesome' is a word, but I don't think it means what you think it means." **
whispering to Mordreona, You can't find any traps.
Mrugnak: ST (20) [3d6.skill(20,-15)] => [3,6,3] = 12 vs (5) or less Failure! by 7
Mrugnak: ST (20) [3d6.skill(20,-15)] => [4,3,4] = 11 vs (5) or less Failure! by 6
ST (20) [3d6.skill(20,-15)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (5) or less Failure! by 6
ST (20) [3d6.skill(20,-15)] => [4,2,5] = 11 vs (5) or less Failure! by 6

Berkun: "Ho, Mrugnak, if you fail, we can use the eater water we took from the witch!"
Mordreona: "Guys, I do not think this thing is trapped."
Singeon: "We won, we lived, we all did our part."
** Mordreona points at the bier. **
** Mrugnak grunts and strains at the portcullis, to no avail. **
Mordreona: "we could use the acid on the portcullis if needed."
Berkun: "I want the porticullis open before we get to that thing..."
Berkun: Berkun points at the bier
Berkun: "Yes, the eater water!"
Berkun: "Just pour cautiously on the outer bars..."
Lenia: "We should take care of that now - like Berkun says, it's good to keep our retreat open."
** Mordreona walks over to the portcullis. **
Singeon: ":Retreat, pah!"
whispering to Mordreona, The bars lock into some catches - you could pick them, you think. 4 rolls against Lockpick at +1 for your Fine Lockpicks.
Mordreona: First I look for a release for the portcullis.
Mordreona: Lockpicking/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,1)] => [6,4,5] = 15 vs (15) or less Success! by 0 Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
Mordreona: Lockpicking/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,1)] => [2,3,4] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6 Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
Mordreona: Lockpicking/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,1)] => [2,1,4] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8 Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
GM: You don't find one.
Mordreona: Lockpicking/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,1)] => [5,6,6] = 17 vs (15) or less Critical Failure! [B556] Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
Mordreona: ((crap))
GM: You almost break your lockpicks, but not quite. However, although you pick 3 of the locks, the last is jammed shut.
Mordreona: "I will use acid on the last one, stand back."
Singeon: "Lenia, are you that afraid of your attraction for me you have to hide it under that cover of disdain for me. No one is buying it."
** Mordreona Tries to poor acid on the last lock. **
GM: It smokes, sizzles, pits, and eventually gives way. I guess the Baron forgot to acid proof his little trap.
** Lenia just stares at Singeon. **
Mordreona: "Give it a try now big guy."
** Mordreona stands back. **
** Mrugnak tries to lift the portcullis again! **
Mrugnak: Same modifiers?
GM: No... there aren't 4 fricking locks holding it down. ST-4.
GM: 1 roll.

Mrugnak:

ST (20) [3d6.skill(20,-4)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5


Narrator: The minotaur grunts and lifts the massive iron gate back up.
Mrugnak: (( er, sorry about the formatting, but yay! I lift it! ))
Berkun: "Great!"
Mordreona: Can I jam one of my short swords under it to hold it off the ground?
Berkun: "Maybe the grapnels?"
Lenia: ((I'm not typing. It's lying. o.o))
GM: You guys have so much miscellaneous stuff, something can be used to wedge it.
Berkun: Grapnel.
GM: Great. You can taste the sweet air of freedom, just past the acrid and bitter smoke of exploded Doomchildren.
Berkun: Berkun sticks it in place firmly
** Mordreona goes back to the bier. **
Berkun: Now Berkun's eyes turn towards Mordreona and deeper towards the bier...
Mrugnak: "If close, Mrugnak open again!"
GM: There's a silver sword and shield on top of the coffin on the bier. The coffin itself is inlaid with jade and gold.
Lenia: ((How much time has passed?))
Berkun: "Mrugnak, come with me. While she works, we'll check out the side tunnels"
GM: Maybe 20 minutes, Lenia.
Berkun: Berkun gestures at the minotaur to come
Berkun: "Lenia, can you give us light?"
Mordreona: I look it over again for traps and locks.
Singeon: "I'm coming too!"
whispering to Mordreona, You don't see any traps or locks.
Mordreona: I take my time.
Berkun: "Okay, just not without light!"
Berkun: "Or something could take us before we can even see it"
whispering to Mordreona, You get obsessive about it, but no traps or locks.
** Mrugnak heads back to go follow Berkun around the block. **
Singeon: "Im a fighter not a lighter."
Berkun: "I have no torches."
** Mordreona sits on the bier until they come back or I hear screams. **
** Mrugnak lights his helmet lamp. **
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak not like fight in dark."
Berkun: "Good."
Singeon: "Lets go."
Berkun: Berkun lets Mrugnak lead
GM: Cool, the different colored lights work.
Mrugnak: Stop me if I blow up.
** Lenia casts Continual Light on the lamp part of Mrugnak's helmet. Continual Light (torch strength) [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [5,6,6] = 17 vs (14) or less Critical Failure! [B556] for 3 FP, lasting [2d6] => [5,2] = (7) days. **
Lenia: ...
Lenia: Luck.
GM: Now if the directional stuff did...
** Lenia casts Continual Light on the lamp part of Mrugnak's helmet. Continual Light (torch strength) [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [1,6,3] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4 for 3 FP, lasting [2d6] => [3,1] = (4) days. **
** Lenia casts Continual Light on the lamp part of Mrugnak's helmet. Continual Light (torch strength) [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [4,4,1] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5 for 3 FP, lasting [2d6] => [1,3] = (4) days. **
Mrugnak: I donated $20 towards directional stuff >.>
Berkun: Berkun checks the walls, floor and even the ceiling very carefully and thouroughly
Mordreona: ((cool))
Berkun: He also stops to listen
** Mrugnak checks nothing! **
GM: You guys don't blow up.
Singeon: where you all go?
** Mrugnak basically wanders around, kicking dead kid bits. **
Berkun: (suddenly NOTHING attacks us, huh? :) )
GM: ((Technically, my notes say the side passages are Doomchildren sized, 4' tall, but I forgot about that and I'm not going to worry about it now).
Mrugnak: Woops.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak takes one look into the dark, and gives Berkun his now magically glowing helmet?
GM: You explore the Tomb of the Blood Baron.
GM: It's surprisingly small.
Lenia: So their exploration is brief. The floor looks like it has runes - do I recognize them at all?
Berkun: Berkun won't go alone, just in case anyone is interested
** Mordreona yells, "Lets pop this thing open guys. I found no traps." **
whispering to Lenia, They're old burial runes, designed to keep a spirit from returning to the body.
Berkun: "Okay. This must be where the baron was buried"
Berkun: "Hopefully with his riches!"
GM: who is doing what?
** Mordreona stands back looks at the bier, looks at Mrugnak, looks at the bier... **
Berkun: Berkun stands at ease with bow ready, watching the thief at work
Mordreona: "do not worry, big guy, it is safe.
** Mrugnak idly looks out the door to the tomb, blissfully unaware that people are trying to get his attention. **
** Mordreona takes another step back. **
Lenia: "Well, that's a lot of silver, jade, and precious stuff, but I don't think it qualifies as 'the baron's riches'. The sigils are there to keep spirits from returning to the body. I suspect there may be a false floor under the bier, or possibly a secret door in this room. Mrugnak, could you please come pry the lid off the coffin? Carefully - we want to preserve the artwork if we can."
** Mrugnak gets out that crowbar again and tries to pry the lid off. I have no idea what to roll for "carefully". **
Singeon: "Yes, it is pretty, like Lenia."
Narrator: With a grunt, Mrugnak pries the lid off the coffin and slides it aside. Inside, the coffin is bare, unfinished stone, completely empty.
Mrugnak: "... Dat boring."
Lenia: "False tomb?"
** Mordreona looks it over. **
Singeon: "Same thing happened to Sir Geraldo."
whispering to Mordreona, You're no mason, but you don't see any obvious cracks or crevices that could conceal anything.
Singeon: "Does it have a false bottom?
Lenia: "It seems odd that they'd go to the trouble of protective sigils without a body."
Mordreona: "not that I can see."
** Mordreona starts looking around for a secret door. **
Berkun: "That's some trick!"
GM: How long are you going to spend looking?
Berkun: "Whatever is there, it's hidden!"
Mordreona: "Hay, Mrugnak, try to break the bottom out."
Singeon: M"Maybe if I lie in it, you close it up, I will appear elsewhere."
Lenia: Detect Magic: [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2 on the bier, for 1 FP.
GM: ((hah hah hah hah!))
Mordreona: "Oh, that sounds like a good plan."
whispering to Lenia, There is no magic in this room, besides the stuff you brought in.
Singeon: Singeon climbs in and lays down.
** Mordreona keeps looking the place over for another entrance/door. **
** Mrugnak blinks at Singeon. **
Mark: Sound off if you think something should happen to Singeon!
Singeon: "Out the lid on."
Singeon: That is "put"
Mordreona: "put the lid on Mrugnak."
** Lenia rolls her eyes. "Singeon, please get out of the coffin - it's not at all magical. Then let's see if we can push it out of the way - I hate to think we've found a false tomb, but that seems to be a distinct possibility." **
** Mrugnak shrugs. "OK. Sin-jin goes in der box..." **
Berkun: "You do not put deadly guardians in a false tomb..."
Lenia: "The Baron did."
Singeon: "Put the lid on. I got a hunch."
Lenia: "He was somewhat mad."
** Mrugnak grabs the lid drops it over Singeon. **
Narrator: There's a pregnant pause...
Mordreona: "I say we leave him there for 30 min or so."
Narrator: and then Singeon screams in agonizing pain.
Singeon: "MMMm mmmm mmm mmm!"
Mordreona: "We could all scream the stop.
whispering to Singeon, It's dark. then suddenly, a blade is cutting deep into your left wrist.
Mordreona: *then
Singeon: Uh uh
Singeon: Help
** Mordreona keeps looking for secret doors. **
Narrator: Singeon is thrashing inside the coffin, screaming in agonized pain.
** Mrugnak shoves the lid off in a hurry! **
Singeon: "Ouch!!!!! Arrrrg" Holy Helll!!!!"
GM: Well then. Mrugnak pushes the lid off.
Singeon: ((what hapopened))
** Lenia is torn between concern and the 'I told you so' attitude that comes with being the smartest person around. **
GM: Singeon sits up, cradling his left hand, which has been nearly severed by a cleverly concealed cleaver in the coffin lid.
Berkun: "Oh damn it, the vengeance of the baron fell on him..."
** Lenia winces. **
Singeon: "That' s something you don't see everyday."
Singeon: "Lenia, honey, help!"
Berkun: "Or not just vengeance... just a trap!"
Mordreona: "Sorry, must have missed that one."
Lenia: "Call me honey again, Singeon, and I'll finish the job the coffin started."
Singeon: Singeon gets out of the coffin. How bad is the injury?
GM: Your hand is crippled. Make a Physician roll to see how badly.
Lenia: ((One sec, checking Physician defaults.))
Singeon: "Someone with skills take a look, please."
Mordreona: "sure 1 min."
Mordreona: First Aid/TL3 (Human) (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [2,2,4] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Singeon: "Next time there is an empty coffin, I am doing that again. Can't happen twice in a row."
Lenia: Needs Physician, Mordreona, not First Aid.
Singeon: "Guess I'll be down to one sword for now."
** Mrugnak is not a good choice for this. **
Mordreona: Can I not default at -5?
GM: His wrist looks *really* bad. His hand is mostly severed.
Lenia: Try -11. =/
Mordreona: oh.
Lenia: Physician Default: [3d6.skill(16,-7)] => [3,5,1] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
Singeon: "Luckily half of incredible is amazing."
Lenia: GO TEAM BRANIAC.
Mordreona: "little rest and it will be fine, nothing to worry about my friend."
Singeon: "So, false tomb?"
GM: Well, his wrist is severed. It's a Lasting Crippling injury *if* he makes a HT-3 roll after it's healed. Otherwise, he'll never recover use of it and gains the One Hand disadvantage.
Berkun: "Maybe it's false."
Berkun: "Wish we'd had a pick to dig a bit, just in case"
Singeon: "Just a flesh wound."
whispering to Mordreona, You didn't see the trap because it was on the inside of the lid. Fair enough?
Lenia: "Stop moving your damned arm. If you don't, you'll lose the hand."
** Mordreona goes back to searching for a secret door. **
Berkun: "Are there any sayings of nobles of your folk making false tombs like this?"
Singeon: "She cares!"
whispering to Singeon, You're in agonizing pain, actually. You don't have High Pain Threshold, Numb, or Supernatural Durability.
Berkun: Berkun will help searching
Lenia: "And if you keep talking like that, you'll lose the other. I don't want to risk trying to heal this magically until tomorrow, and it really needs a Cleric. It's mostly beyond wizardly power."
Mrugnak: (( Will a Restoration be enough to fix the limb, presuming it's permanently fubar? ))
Mordreona: ((I need to afk for 2 min or so BRB.))
** Lenia lacks anything to use for stitches, so bandages Singeon's hand tightly, fashions a sling for the arm, bandages *that* tightly so he can't move it, and hopes for the best. **
GM: Restoration would be sufficient, if the limb is magically healed. Natural healing and a HT failure would imply it falls off.
GM: Okay...
Singeon: ((falls off??? Yikes))
GM: ((Did you miss the part where your hand is almost severed from your wrist?))
GM: Alright then. Is anyone else doing anything else in the Tomb of the Bloody Baron?
Singeon: ((Is this the Westmarch game? Oh, hi guys...lol)))
Lenia: "Mrugnak, see if you can move the bier. If there's nothing beneath, we should head back to camp, rest, and start looking for the real tomb. Mordreona, Berkun, see what you can do about prying the silver, jade, and other inlays off the lid of the coffin - we may as well get SOME value for our efforts."
Berkun: only searching to the best of my ability, then nothing
Berkun: ah, OK
Berkun: Berkun will get on with prying out the valuables
whispering to Berkun, You recover roughly $600 in gold, silver, and jade. It's a very fine layer, almost foil.
** Lenia makes sure Singeon can't move that arm, then starts studying the (frescoes? Bas-reliefs?) artwork on the walls to see if it provides any clues. **
whispering to Berkun, Foil is paper-thin metal if you don't know the word. Apologies if needed.
Berkun: Berkun needs to go and fetch another grapnel from outside
GM: They're sloppily, hastily painted pictures of the Baron's life, now that you're close enough to examine them.
Berkun: while he goes, he'll check if the grate is holding
GM: The gate is holding. You have whispers, btw.
Lenia: "This rather screams 'fake'."
** Mrugnak tries to lever the sarcophagus off it's foundations with his trusty crowbar! **
Narrator: With a grunt and a heave, the coffin goes onto the floor!
Singeon: "So, wrong tomb. Bloody bastard."
Mrugnak: Is there a hidden stairway underneath it?
GM: Nope, slab of rock.
Berkun: "But if this was a fake, just how good could the real one be!?"
Mordreona: ((sorry, Back))
** Mrugnak rubs at his explosive bruises. "Fake one hurt for real." **
Singeon: "Better than a few doomkidz and some lame traps."
Singeon: "Lessers would accept this simulacrum... maybe."
GM: Shall we move on?
Singeon: y
Mrugnak: Silver etc is looted.
Berkun: yes
Mrugnak: Adventurers leave, battered.
** Mordreona keeps looking for doors. ((How long have I been doing this 30 min?)) **
Lenia: Mrugnak's applying for the Narrator job now?
GM: At least 30 minutes. You haven't found anything.
GM: You guys leave the Tomb of the Bloody Baron
Mordreona: Do I think that is enough time to search a place this large well?
Mrugnak: (( "An den, an den, an den dey smash der lil' guys, and der guys go BOOM an' der were no moneys. ))
Narrator: As you step out into the wan sunlight, a flash of light attracts your eyes downhill. The edge of a black stone block, similar in style to the walls of the false tomb, must have been uncovered in the struggle.
Lenia: "Mark the location of that. We can investigate after a good rest at the camp. I think the Baron might have been crafty enough to put the real tomb underneath the false one."
GM: It's downslope, not under, but it's certainly nearby.
Mordreona: "I think we should stay here another 30."
whispering to Lenia, There's no mana on the stone block, either.
** Mordreona keeps looking for doors. **
whispering to Mordreona, You keep not finding doors.
Berkun: "Better trick would be to build many tombs... scatter them..."
Singeon: "Hundreds? More?"
Berkun: "No, just a few."
Berkun: "Few visible ones."
Berkun: "The real one best hidden."
Singeon: "There must be a way to find that one. None of the fakes would have a clue."
Mrugnak: "That lota digging."
Mordreona: "That is why we do not want to miss the real one. we cleared this place. We should make sure it is empty."
Lenia: "There's no mana on that rock. At all."
Singeon: "The real one is better hidden, I bet, so you see the fakes first. Like a campflage."
Singeon: "or camouflage, as it is sometimes called."
Singeon: "It like the old riddle, where do you hide a tree? in a forest."
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak know cammo. Dat not cammo, dat like... um... eggs."
Singeon: "Eggs?"
Mrugnak: "Eggs!"
Lenia: "Anyway - the reason building the real tomb near a false one is clever is because most groups, upon finding a false tomb, would start looking elsewhere. Either way, camp. Rest. Fix Singeon's hand." She looks at Mrugnak. "Eggs?"
Mordreona: "I could eat."
Singeon: "Right! Eggs! Huh?"
Mrugnak: "It like, der berd got lotta eggs, ya?"
GM: ((GM loses it))
Lenia: ((Loses it angry, or loses it laughing? >.>))
Mrugnak: "So den snake eat some egg, rat eat some egg, men take some egg... but berd still got more eggs in nest."
Singeon: "Back to camp, peoples."
Mrugnak: "An den der little birdies!"
GM: ((can't type, laughing))
Mordreona: "Good we should have a rest and eat, while I look this place over good."
Lenia: ((Good work, Mrugnak. You broke the GM.))
GM: Alright then. You make your way back to camp.
GM: You rest for the night? A day? A week? You go back to Polisberg and take up turnip farming?
Mordreona: 2hr or so?
Lenia: The night.
Singeon: "My hand is killing me. Arrrgh!"
Singeon: "Anyone can help with the pain."
Lenia: Because with a night's rest, all those penalties on healing spells go away again.
Mordreona: I have some booze.
Singeon: "That might help!"
Mordreona: "That may help."
Singeon: "Yes!"
** Mordreona gives Singeon, her flask. **
Mordreona: "Should be full."
Singeon: Singeon lays down at the camp, drinks a few big swigs of drunk juice, then goes to sleep."
Narrator: Lulled to sleep by Singeon's infrequent sobs, the delvers sleep until late the next morning.
Lenia: How many HP of healing are needed to restore Singeon's hand for that HT check?
Narrator: 6.
GM: 6.
Berkun: "This sort of wound is bad news, Singeon."
Lenia: Major Healing: [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,1,2] = 5 vs (16) or less Critical Success! by 11 [B556] for 2 FP (6 healing) on Singeon.
Lenia: BOOM, BABY.
Berkun: "Need to bandage it, or it will attract bugs."
Singeon: "Thanks for the update! Is that why it hurts like hell????"
Mordreona: "He has two hands, he will be fine."
GM: Okay, no fatigue, and Singeon rolls at no penalty to HT.
Berkun: "And gangrene... Might be safer to chop it off now, before you get gangrene and it goes up"
GM: And it doesn't count for daily healing spells, either.
Singeon: [3d6] => [5,3,6] = (14)
Lenia: Nice.
Singeon: Miss by one
Singeon: Luck
Lenia: You want to use luck.
Singeon: [3d6] => [2,2,6] = (10)
Singeon: Made it
Mordreona: "May be be best plan."
Singeon: [3d6] => [1,5,5] = (11)
Singeon: BY 3
Narrator: With an infusion of blue-white light and a touch of cold, Singeon's hand is magically reattached to his wrist.
Narrator: He stiffly flexes his fingers with great difficulty.
GM: Your hand is crippled for [4] = (4) months
** Mordreona cheers. **
Singeon: "Stiff, like a.... stiff thing."
Singeon: "Thank you, Lenia."
Lenia: "You wouldn't know a stiff thing if it poked you in the behind. You're welcome."
GM: You temporarily have the one-hand disadvantage.
Singeon: "I hope nothing stiff ever pokes my behind."
** Mrugnak tests. **
GM: Now what are folks up to?
Mrugnak: Um, daily recover HT rolls for Mrugnak?
GM: Mrugnak got healed overnight, I'm sure.
Mrugnak: Or healing from Lenia? Or something?
Berkun: "Where we head now, you think? Try to search for the real tomb?"
GM: Mordreona got healed in the morning, and has been healed 1 time this day.
** Mrugnak found the F5 macro key **
Mordreona: "Sounds good."
** Singeon found the F4 macro key **
GM: If you guys stay in camp, I can guarantee a wandering monster.
GM: Just as a hint.
Lenia: On to the exposed rock!
** Mordreona starts looking for Tombs." **
Singeon: "I am ready."
Lenia: With the filthy, cursed no mana zone!
Berkun: "Let's get away from this place."
** Mrugnak follows everyone else as they vigorously poke the dead rock. **
GM: You return to the hillslope. What do you do?
Berkun: "If we stay here, we'd have to burn the kids first"
Mrugnak: With stiff things, I'm sure.
Mrugnak: Like sticks!
Berkun: yeah, sticks
Lenia: Well, it's a rock. Is it just a rock poking out of the ground? Does it have a convenient tunnel under it? Just how close can I get before the air starts feeling like burning?
Singeon: "What if the tomb is actually non-descript. Like a bolder in front of a cave?"
GM: It's the edge of a piece of worked stone sticking out of the ground.
Berkun: "We can't go back to Polisberg library now..."
Berkun: "Hey... but those travelers... the poor dead sods before the false tomb..."
GM: An hour of poking and prodding defines a wall of rock and an alcove in that wall.
Berkun: "Sorceress, did you take a look at what books they had?"
** Lenia gets hit in the head with a cluebat. "I wonder if the books they were carrying say anything about this." **
Singeon: "False dead??"
Mordreona: "Books, good call."
Singeon: "Hey, what about the books?"
Lenia: "Alcoves. Alcoves are a good start."
GM: They're books on Nature, Undead Lore, Architecture, Stone Masonry, and Trap Disarming.
Mordreona: (( Do we have a large shield, that no one is useing?")
GM: No you don't.
Berkun: "Maybe there are some better maps in those books, won't hurt to..."
GM: What now?
** Lenia grits her teeth and walks in to study the alcove. **
Mordreona: I get my shield back drop one of my swords off.
Singeon: I'll follow, keeping an eye out as she looks.
GM: It's buried in the hillside - you just know where it is because you can push sticks in deeper.
Lenia: Right.
** Mordreona Follows Lenia. **
Mrugnak: Hm.
Mrugnak: Should have brought a shovel.
Lenia: "Digging tools. I could swear we brought digging tools."
Berkun: "I have a hatchet."
Mordreona: "Did the dead guys have one?"
GM: [2] = (2)
GM: Yes, they did.
Mordreona: "Lets use them then."
** Lenia gets out of the no-mana zone and lets Mrugnak get to the work of digging. **
GM: It's a little rusty after a few month's exposure to the weather...
Mrugnak: Better than hands!
** Mordreona helps. **
** Mrugnak sets to it, working as well as he can with the tools at hand. **
Narrator: A few hours hard work clears much of the dirt from the alcove.
Narrator: It looks like a doorway or the mouth of a stone tunnel.
Narrator: Someone has thoughtfully bricked it over.
Mordreona: I try to out dig Mrugnak.
Berkun: "Could be the real thing...!"
Berkun: Berkun rubs his hands together
Lenia: "I bloody hope it's the real thing. I also hope it isn't all like this. The air is dead in there."
GM: You get Mrugnak, sweaty, panting, and reeking to high heaven, out from the dirt around the alcove/tunnel entrance.
Berkun: "Dead air? You mean it could be ill?"
Mordreona: "Do we have a pick?"
Lenia: "No, just that there's no life to it. It's safe for you to breathe."
Lenia: "Just not me."
Lenia: "And no pick, but we have a crowbar. Which is almost as good."
GM: Mrugnak has a spiked axe...
** Mordreona grabs the crowbar. "Mrugnak you loot tired. I'll take this." **
** Mrugnak blinks at Mordy in confusion, but gives her the crowbar. **
Mrugnak: "Wat do wit dat?"
** Mordreona looks for traps. **
Berkun: "We could weaken the bricks, then make a ram"
Berkun: "Chop down a tree and ram a hole in the wall"
whispering to Mordreona, You are fair convinced that this brick wall is merely a brick wall.
Mordreona: "That sounds good."
Mordreona: "Looks safe."
Lenia: "Use the pick on Mrugnak's axe to open a hole, and then start tearing out old brickwork."
** Mordreona taps the wall, with the crowbar." **
GM: It sounds hollow, not too thick.
Berkun: Berkun chops himself a sturdy branch to hit the bricks
** Lenia stays back to let the musclebound types do all the hard work in the no-mana zone. **
** Mordreona starts to work on it with the crowbar, go grab a ram." **
** Mrugnak gets up after resting for a bit and goes off to cut down some poor unsuspecting tree. **
GM: Let me summarize:
Berkun: Berkun will help Mrugnak with the ram... combined strength and all
GM: 3-4 strong, muscular types with implements of destruction descend on a non-magical, competent made but rather old brick wall.
GM: There is an extended flurry of violence.
Lenia: I feel vaguely sorry for the wall.
GM: Then there is a hole in the wall.
Lenia: But only vaguely - it's between me and treasure.
Narrator: Peering inside your rough hole, you see another corridor like the one in the false tomb. This one, though, is painted all along its length by exquisitely done pictures from the Bloody Baron's life.
** Mordreona cheers at the hole. **
Mrugnak: (( points at the clock >.> ))
Singeon: Singeon claps with one hand.
GM: Right, this is an excellent stopping point.
Lenia: Hooray, true tomb!
Singeon: Is their a coffin for me to lay in in there???
GM: We'll pick up next week for another round of "Tomb of the Bloody Baron!"
Lenia: I hope so.
GM: There will be, oh yes, there will be.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.