FANDOM


Narrator: Many of the delvers headed for cover as the barbarians turned toward them.
GM: The barbarians have stopped talking and are looking at Mrugnak, who is waving (cheerfully?) at them. What is everyone up to?
Lenia: Still casting Ice Patch. Second 2 of 3, I think.
Mordreona: hiding in a tree.
GM: For what it's worth, the barbarians are definitely armed with clubs and sickles and shields and other instructments of pain.
GM: Oh, right.
Lenia: Ice slick, rather.
Berkun: Up on the tree, Berkun takes aim at the closest barbarian...
Berkun: (aim, shot in the vitals, barbed arrow)
Berkun: (
Berkun: I suppose, when sitting on a tree branch, I can't declare an all-ouut ranged attack?
GM: okay, they shout something in Foreignese and charge forward. Combat starts, each of you has taken 2 seconds of action.
GM: Berkun - you definitely can.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[32]<b> Singeon
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Berkun: that's good news
Narrator: Singeon, who's stomache has been fluttering all morning, takes an inopportune time to throw up on the flank of Lenia's mule.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: I am aiming at the lead barbarian too. As I recall I crit failed my gesture default to aim at the wolves. what is the default for x-bow. it is not on my sheet.
GM: DX-4, or 11.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Mordreona: ok I just keep aiming
Berkun: you made a gesture to aim at the wolves?
Berkun: well, if it failed:)
Mrugnak: She failed a gesture to aim at the wolves. We learn nothing :D
Mordreona: ((some one did to me end of last session))
Berkun: we assume we are meant to kill humans and take wolves alive for questioning!
Barbarians: ??
Mrugnak: I love it when PC communication breaks down.
GM: Another round of aiming, Berkun?
Berkun: yes
Berkun: done
GM: okay, you're maxed at Acc+6.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

** Mrugnak advances! **
GM: Move.
Lenia: I said to stay back.
Lenia: It wasn't even a gesture.
GM: Meet them head on, good.
Lenia: I *said* it.
Mrugnak: Woops, I forgot.
GM: IQ roll to remember?
Mrugnak: God help us all.
Mrugnak: IQ (8) [3d6.skill(8,0)] => [4,6,2] = 12 vs (8) or less Failure! by 4
GM: +4 for no relevant disadvantages.
Mrugnak: Yay, I succeed!
GM: It's up to you, Mrugnak. A little woman said to stay put.
Mrugnak: In that case, Mrugnak advances Cautiously. All out Defense, for a bonus to dodge. Obviously she knows something!
GM: okay.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] barbarians)

Lenia: I would mutter something uncharitable about minotaurs, but that's not part of the spell formula. Step forward and complete casting.
GM: That's an expensive spell... how big?
Lenia: The slick is 6 yards across, beginning right in front of Mrugnak; it costs 5 FP and I'm at -1 for range and -2 for casting quietly.
Lenia: Sorry, 5 yards across.
GM: Okay, right.
GM: roll it.
Lenia: That red dot is the center.
Lenia: Ice Slick: [3d6.skill(18,-3)] => [6,5,5] = 16 vs (15) or less Failure! by 1 for 5 FP
Lenia: Luck.
Lenia: Ice Slick: [3d6.skill(18,-3)] => [3,4,2] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6 for 5 FP
Lenia: Ice Slick: [3d6.skill(18,-3)] => [3,4,2] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6 for 5 FP
GM: Close enough.
Lenia: It takes IQ-3 to notice it's there, DX-2 to cross every yard, and anyone in it is at -3 to all melee attacks and defenses, or -2 to missile/thrown attacks.
Mrugnak: IQ-3? or PER-3?
GM: PER.
Lenia: It says IQ-3.
Lenia: But I think PER makes more sense.
Mrugnak: I'll take PER >.>
GM: Stupid failure to update Magic in a sensible manner before reprinting SJGames stole my money.
Lenia: "Mrugnak, *stop advancing*!"
Lenia: Done.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> barbarians
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Barbarians: The wolves charge.
Barbarians: The warriors charge.
Barbarians: The ritualist advances cautiously.
Barbarians: Rerrok Trag and Ro'Terrok advance.
GM: By the way, Ro'terrok is in hard leather armor and carrying a whip; Rerrok trag is in bronze plate.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: tries to shot the lead barbarian in the chest. I default off my dex
Mordreona: DX (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,6,4] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
GM: -6 for range, Acc+4 for aiming is... a hit?
GM: guess so.
Mordreona: no miss
Lenia: 11 -6 +4 = 9.
Mrugnak: Math is hard.
GM: What's the Acc of a crossbow, people? More than 0?
Mrugnak: Yus
GM: Like maybe 4.
GM: okay then.
Mrugnak: +4 yus
Barbarians: Barbarian 3 blocks [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [4,3,2] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
Mrugnak: For a real crossbow. Weeny pistol ones need not apply.
Narrator: Mordreona's bolt flies true, but the barbarian catches it on his shield.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: Shooting the barbarian I was aiming at. Will there be any cover modifiers?
Berkun: skill 20 [3d6] => [2,5,1] = (8)
GM: -2 for trees in the way. Range is 23 for a -7, but do you care?
Berkun: I got him for almost sure:)
GM: You totally hit.
Berkun: damage: [d6+6] => d6+6
Barbarians: Barbarian 3 decides to Dodge [3d6.skill(9,2)] => [6,5,1] = 12 vs (11) or less Failure! by 1
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11)
Narrator: But even as he drops his shield low to catch the bolt, Berkun's war arrow pierces his heart.
Berkun: and wait, I need to check modifier for impaling hit in the vitals...
GM: DR2 leaves 9, triple for vitals is 27. That's a major wound to the vitals, so [3d6.skill(12,-5+3)] => [6,6,5] = 17 vs (10) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Lenia: Sporfle.
Mrugnak: nice.
Berkun: ah, it's triple
Narrator: Blood fountains and he collapses in a pile.
Berkun: ok, done
Mordreona: ((when I tell the story lated that was my bolt))
whispering to Mordreona, Take a victory point for getting him to block the weaker attack and opening himself up for the arrow.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

GM: Per -3 to see the ice slick.
** Mrugnak tries to notice the magical ice in his way! **
Mrugnak: Per (12) [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [6,4,6] = 16 vs (9) or less Failure! by 7
** Lenia facepalms. **
Mrugnak: I was going to ask if lenia's warning gives me a bonus, but I don't think it matters.
GM: No, I don't think so. The wolves are going to slam into you in about 1/2 second - what are you doing?
Mrugnak: Mrugnak continues advancing cautiously! All out Defense, for the bonus to dodge!
GM: Ah. 4 DX-2 rolls, then.
Mrugnak: And probably falls on his ass for maximum comedic value then.
Mrugnak: Do I get to notice after the first hex that it's slippery? Asuming I don't fall over.
GM: Sure.
Mrugnak: DX (13) [3d6.skill(13,-2)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1
GM: DX roll to stop.
Mrugnak: :D
Mrugnak: DX (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [5,1,4] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Mrugnak: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] barbarians)

Lenia: Step forward, cast Frostbite for 2d6 (0 FP) at the nearest wolf. Range is 9, so spell is at -7 (go staff!).
GM: okay.
Lenia: Frostbite: [3d6.skill(20,-7)] => [6,3,1] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3 for 0 FP (2d6 damage).
Lenia: Can be resisted with HT, needs a success by 3.
Barbarians: Wolves are fodder and can't resist. Roll damage.
Lenia: [2d6] => [6,4] = (10)
GM: So it takes a major wound in a generic location? Weird. [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,4,2] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Lenia: Targeting it requires a touch, and I'd rather not get that close. :D
Lenia: Done.
Narrator: Icicles form on the wolf's tongue and it yelps in pain.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> barbarians
(on deck: [20] guards)

Barbarians: A wolf runs away yelping. Two more charge forward, one planning to dodge past Mrugnak and get Lenia.
Barbarians: [3d6] => [4,5,6] = (15)[3d6] => [2,6,1] = (9)[3d6] => [5,2,4] = (11)[3d6] => [6,4,3] = (13)[3d6] => [3,5,3] = (11)[3d6] => [1,4,3] = (8)
Barbarians: [1d2] => [2] = (2) faceup on 1
Narrator: The wolf hits the ice and skids, landing on its belly with its feet spread wide.
Narrator: The other barbarians advance.
** Lenia has a fairly self-satisfied look on her face. **

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> guards
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Kaitlen: "Be watchful, lady."
Berkun: (does the barbarian in plate armor have a helmet?)
Kaitlen: She runs up next to Lenia.
GM: Yes.
Leann: Runs up to cover Lenia with her shield.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: uses acrobatics and drops out of the tree on the side opposite the barbarians, in a stealthy manner. leaving the cross bow on the ground by the tree.
Mordreona: Acrobatics (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,6,6] = 14 vs (14) or less Success! by 0 Includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
Mordreona: Stealth (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [1,1,3] = 5 vs (17) or less Critical Success! by 12 [B556]
GM: You are invisible.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: Fast draw[3d6] => [3,2,5] = (10) fast shot[3d6] => [3,4,1] = (8) shooting at the easiest to hit barbarian, vitals, barbed arrow[3d6] => [4,3,1] = (8)
Berkun: got him
GM: you're at -9 for range and target, and -2 for cover, so you only hit even if you don't count Acc!
GM: I mean... yeah. maybe.
Barbarians: Block the arrow [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [4,2,6] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
Berkun: if I don't count Acc? what do you mean?
Lenia: "You hit even without the Acc bonus."
GM: That you definitely hit. I was teasing. Sorry.
Berkun: okay
Berkun: he blocked, though, ok, done
Narrator: Aware of archers in the trees, the barbarians have their shields up.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

** Mrugnak chortles at the skidding wolf and Waits for a bad guy to come in range. When this happens, he Attacks with Huvudet-krossat-i! **
Mrugnak: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] barbarians)

Lenia: Once again, Frostbite on the nearest wolf. Range is even better now, only -2 to cast.
GM: THe one in the slick?
Lenia: Yes.
GM: okay.
Lenia: Frostbite: [3d6.skill(20,-2)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (18) or less Success! by 7 for 0 FP (2d6 damage).
GM: Roll damage.
Lenia: [2d6] => [4,1] = (5) assuming no resistance.
Lenia: Done!
GM: It yelps in pain and confusion.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> barbarians
(on deck: [20] guards)

Barbarians: The wolf scrambles to its feet [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
Barbarians: or not. The other wolf senses the ice slick! [3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Barbarians: and dodges around it.
Barbarians: The warriors spot the slick [3d6.skill(11,-2)] => [5,2,1] = 8 vs (9) or less Success! by 1 [3d6.skill(11,-2)] => [4,3,2] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
Barbarians: The others run forward!
Barbarians: [3d6.skill(11,-2)] => [1,2,1] = 4 vs (9) or less Critical Success! [B556]

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> guards
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Kaitlen: Ready spear to stop thrust wolf if it approaches.
Leann: All-out defend (block)

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: I bolt full speed for the ritualist.
GM: Okay.
GM: No one notices you as you run quietly past them.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: quick draw[3d6] => [5,6,5] = (16) quick shot[3d6] => [1,1,1] = (3) shoot at wolfE, vitals, barbed arrow[3d6] => [6,6,1] = (13)
GM: Clean shot.
Barbarians: Per to notice attack from above [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [4,6,1] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Barbarians: Wolf dodge! [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Berkun: oh yes, I should add that a called shot to the vitals is a signature attack for me, so I don't need to do all out attack
GM: Your arrow intercepts the wolf. Roll damage.
Berkun: damage:[1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
Berkun: "You've ran into a fiercer 'wolf', beast..."
Narrator: Berkun's arrow catches the wolf between the ribs and penetrates back out the front. The arrow is buried to the fletching in the wolf's back, and the point pins the wolf to the ground. It expires instantly, if messily.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

** Mrugnak decides the wolf ice-capades are boring, and runs around the ice slick (and tree) to meet Barbarian2 and Trag head on! (blowing FP on Heroic Charge, macing barb2 in the torso with Deceptive speed) **
Mrugnak: Do I need to make a DX roll for backing off the ice?
GM: No. Isn't a flail?
Mrugnak: Flailing Barb2 in the face. Woops.
Berkun: (does the ritualist have armor?)
GM: Barbarians have tough skin.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(22,-6)] => [3,4,1] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8
Berkun: ok
Mrugnak: Deceptive -6/-3
Berkun: and do normal barbarians have any unarmored location (except, of course, their skin)
Mrugnak: Eyes.
Barbarians: "Vut!" blocks with shield. [3d6.skill(11,2-2-3)] => [5,2,5] = 12 vs (8) or less Failure! by 4
Berkun: good idea:)
GM: No, they're fully armored.
GM: His shield work is clumsy, and you overwrap. Roll damage.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [6,5,3,1,3] = (18) cr
GM: After DR, he takes 16 damage.
Mrugnak: Rawr.
GM: He glares at you for a second before lapsing from consciousness.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] barbarians)

Lenia: Casting Concussion for 1 FP (1d6 damage) and thanking heaven that I hired intelligent bodyguards. -2 for maintained spells.
GM: okay.
Lenia: Concussion: [3d6.skill(17,-2)] => [3,4,1] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7 for 1 FP (1d6 damage).
Lenia: Done!

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> barbarians
(on deck: [20] guards)

Barbarians: The wolf gets to its feet. [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [1,4,1] = 6 vs (10) or less Success! by 4
Barbarians: Warrior 1 charges Lenia, trying to dodge around Kaelin in the process. Evade! [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,4,4] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Kaitlen: Intercept [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [4,5,2] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
Kaitlen: Stop thrust! [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,4,5] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3
Barbarians: Block [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [2,6,6] = 14 vs (13) or less Failure! by 1
Kaitlen: Damage [1d6+1] => [3,1] = (4) im DR4
Lenia: Oooh, that's gonna hurt.
Lenia: Or not.
GM: slam: [2d6+2] => [6,4,2] = (12) vs [1d6+1] => [1,1] = (2), each halved.
GM: The barbarians knocks Kaelin ass over teakettle (given that he weighs about half again as much as she does...) and prepares to overrun Lenia!
Barbarians: The ritualist runs closer. Ro'Terrok runs closer. Rerrok steps forward, blade ready.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> guards
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Kaitlen: Rolls to the side.
Mrugnak: Is Rerrok in an ice hex or a dry hex?
Lenia: Dry.
GM: Dry.
Mrugnak: kay.
Leann: Steps and attacks. "Behind my shield, lady!" [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [1,4,1] = 6 vs (10) or less Success! by 4 deceptive -2/-1
Barbarians: Thug dodges [3d6.skill(8,2-1)] => [3,3,2] = 8 vs (9) or less Success! by 1

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: advances on the ritualist. Heroic charge!
Mordreona: Fast-Draw (ShortSword) (16) [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [4,6,3] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3 Includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
Mordreona: Shortsword (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [4,4,2] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
GM: stab or thrust?
Mordreona: swing
GM: So, uhm... 3d6-1 damage? roll it.
Mordreona: Swing damage: [3d6-1] => [5,5,5,-1] = (14)
Mrugnak: nice dice :D
whispering to Mordreona, bit of advice - that could have been a telegraphed attack to the neck, for a -1 penalty. you would do more damage that way...
Narrator: Mordreona runs behind the barbarians and carves her blade deep into the ritualist's body.
GM: DR1 means 19 damage. [3d6.skill(12,3)] => [6,4,6] = 16 vs (15) or less Failure! by 1
GM: She drops to the ground, stunned.
GM: and immediately falls unconscious from blood loss.
GM: well.
GM: ((James, you have 2+ whispers)

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: fast draw[3d6] => [3,3,6] = (12) fast shot[3d6] => [2,1,2] = (5) shoot the barbarian attacking Lenia, vitals, bodkin[3d6] => [2,4,3] = (9)
Mordreona: ((k))
Berkun: modifier for shooting from the side, perhaps?
GM: No, it's still front. You hit him, though, unless he dodges [3d6.skill(8,2)] => [4,2,1] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
Berkun: hmm... too bad
GM: anyway.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: Step and Attack on Trag, bringing Huvudet-krossat-i around in a powerful returning strike to get behind the swordwielders guard! (Deceptive attack -6/-3 to the torso, 1 FP spent on Mighty Blows)
Mrugnak: Sorry, facing tool is defeating me.
GM: He's waiting on your advance... who goes first?
Mrugnak: He can interrupt me with the Wait, unless you want to use the Matter of INches box in Martial Arts.
Mrugnak: I think he still interrupts me.
Mrugnak: I mean, the morning star is Oversized, and I've got long arms, but I'm not exactly leading with a point.
Barbarians: No, we'll play it simple. He covers himself with his shield and swings his sword [3d6.skill(18,1-6)] => [1,1,5] = 7 vs (13) or less Success! by 6 DA -6/-3
Mrugnak: Point beats the edge, etc.
** Mrugnak parries with Trovaardig yxa! **
GM: He's very fast. okay.
Mrugnak: Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Primary parry [3d6.skill(13,-3)] => [3,5,1] = 9 vs (10) or less Success! by 1
GM: Make your attack.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(22,-6)] => [3,1,1] = 5 vs (16) or less Critical Success! by 11 [B556]
GM: well, not like *that*.
GM: roll the crit.
Mrugnak: Critical Hit [3d6.crit_hit()] => [5,2,4] = 11 The blow inflicts normal damage. [B556]
GM: roll it.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [6,6,3,2,3] = (20) cr
Mrugnak: +4 for Mighty Blows
Narrator: There is a blur of motion as the barbarian tries to cleave Mrugnak and Mrugnak's flail wraps around his shield. In the end, Mrugnak's axe deflects the blade and the massive barbarian goes flying, crashing unconscious to the ground.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] barbarians)

Lenia: Cancel the Concussion with 1 FP; step back so that I'm behind Leann, hoping Mrugnak has the flank covered, and cast Frostbite on Barbarian 1 for 1 FP (3d6 damage). Casting is at -2 for maintained spells.
GM: okay.
Lenia: Frostbite: [3d6.skill(20,-2)] => [1,6,3] = 10 vs (18) or less Success! by 8 for 1 FP; can be resisted with HT.
GM: Roll damage; no resistance.
Lenia: [3d6] => [3,5,4] = (12)
Barbarians: "Ia ia! Brrr!"
Barbarians: [3d6.skill(12,3)] => [5,2,1] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> barbarians
(on deck: [20] guards)

Barbarians: Wolf stands fully [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [5,3,3] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
Barbarians: Or stays on its knees, one of those.
Barbarians: The warrior makes warding gestures and backs up as fast as he can, which isn't fast.
Lenia: "Let them go! There's no need to further grind a defeated enemy into the dust."
Barbarians: Ro'terrok sees Mordreona and lashes at her twice with his whip [3d6.skill(19,-3-4)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1 [3d6.skill(19,-3-2-2)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2 ; the first DA -4/-2; the second DA -2/-1 entangling.
GM: Mordreona? Defend or get captured.
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [1,2,6] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [6,3,1] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1
Mordreona: ((sorry slow finding the macros on the sheet))
Narrator: The slaver's whip cracks, but Mordreona narrowly jumps over it.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> guards
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Kaitlen: Kneel.
Leann: Ready to attack if anyone approaches.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: attacks RoTerrok's weapon hand. Mighty blow!
Mordreona: Shortsword (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [4,5,2] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Barbarians: Ro'Terrok parries and steps back [3d6.skill(10,1)] => [4,1,1] = 6 vs (11) or less Success! by 5

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Lenia: Dwarven whip?
GM: oops, you're right - dodges! Still made it, though.
Berkun: fast draw[3d6] => [4,4,4] = (12) fast shot[3d6] => [1,6,5] = (12) shoot the wolf, vitals, barbed[3d6] => [1,4,5] = (10) (range 13(-4))
Berkun: got him
GM: The wolf dies.
Berkun: lying down means you can't dodge?
Berkun: good to remember
Lenia: Being fodder means never having to say "I parry!".
GM: No, but wolves don't always remember to look up to dodge attacks. roll damage, just for the record.
Berkun: aha...
Berkun: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12) impaling
Berkun: yeah, dead
Mrugnak: Very very nice.
GM: yeah, dead. 30 points.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: Dangit, he moved back. Now I can't all out attack him.
** Mrugnak rushes Ro'Terrok in a Heroic Charge, swinging Huvudet-krossat-i around in a blow so powerful and so wild it's difficult to defend against (Deceptive -6/-3, torso). **
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(22,-6)] => [3,1,4] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8
Barbarians: Dodge and wish he hadn't retreated a second ago... [3d6.skill(6,-3)] => [3,4,4] = 11 vs (3) or less Failure! by 8
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [4,6,4,5,3] = (22) cr
Narrator: Another massive blow sends a massive barbarians slamming into the ground, clearly out the fight and possibly out of life.
GM: Combat is over.
Mordreona: Stabs the ritualist through the heart. Telegraphed mighty blow!
Lenia: "I want them ali -- bother."
GM: No fatigue accessed for less than 10 seconds, but everyone has fatigue from 1 hour of road march (ie, encumbrance +1) unless you're fit.
Mrugnak: I'm fit!
Berkun: Berkun slowly gets down from the tree and starts to collect his arrows
GM: Everyone send me their fatigue totals and tell me what you're doing.
** Mordreona starts killing anyone who lived. **
Berkun: There's not much emotion showing on his face as he goes from one bloody corpse to another, man and beast alike
GM: oh, right.
Berkun: -1 fatigue here, I didn't exert in any other way
Berkun: (4 barbed, 1 bodkin)
Lenia: "Mordreona, STOP! They're unconscious, let them be - they're no danger to us anymore."
** Mordreona just keeps going. "Why?" **
GM: Berkun - I have you at Light Encumbrance, you should be at 2 fatigue spent.
Berkun: ah, okay
Berkun: but I should count it, I don't think I'm actually at light
Berkun: no, you're right
Berkun: light
Ricka: "stop throwing up on poor Whitesox! He doesn't deserve that!"
Lenia: I scowl. "Because there's no need to do it?" Obviously winded, she starts moving towards the helpless prisoners. "Killing helpless people is /wrong/."
** Mrugnak pokes at the ice slick in wonderment. "Wow. Lady smart." **
** Mordreona Starts to search the corpses. **
** Lenia sighs. **
Mordreona: Are we goimg to ask this one any questions, pointing at the prisoner, or should we get rid of him too?
Berkun: "They knew they were going to die. No need to worry about their lives now." *plucks a barbed arrow out of a wounded wolf*
Berkun: "But if we can ask them things, sure..."
Mordreona: ((1 is still conscious yes?))
Lenia: "Yes, Mrugnak. Lady smart. Kindly tie that one up, if you would? I'd like to know whether they had more friends, or whether there was a nearby cache of supplies we could grab. Which is why we don't slit their throats."
Berkun: "But if we keep one alive, it's craven to kill him afterwards."
GM: 1 fled. 2 is still alive.
GM: but unconscious.
GM: I think Berkun hit him.
Lenia: "It's craven to kill them when they're helpless regardless."
Mordreona: should I go get him? the one that ran off.
Berkun: "No, we promised them nothing and by attacking, they begged to be killed"
whispering to Mordreona, they've got small bits of amber and such in their pouches.
Lenia: "No, he doesn't worry me."
** Mrugnak hauls some spidersilk rope out of his backpack and starts tying up Barbarian 2. "Smart lady. Know secret ice dere in warm woods!" **
Berkun: "If we promise one to let him live if he talks, that's different. But regardless, we should be on the move before the one that ran away brings more of them."
Berkun: "And have to be careful when camping, he might try to get revenge."
Mordreona: Just let me run him down, he is slow it will not take long.
** Lenia settles down against a tree to rest. "At worst he'll find friends and tell them how they ran into a wizard more powerful than theirs, who drove them off with unnatural cold and powerful warriors. They won't come after us." **
Berkun: "Good luck."
Berkun: Berkun settles against another tree, but keeps a careful eye on the sorroundings...
Mordreona: OK, I guess Lenia is correct.
GM: Okay. a few minutes (5, really, for fatigue recovery purposes) pass. Everyone make Perception rolls (hearing) at -3, except Berkun who is at no penalty.
** Mordreona starts looking for loot again. **
Berkun: [3d6] => [2,2,6] = (10) perception 14
Lenia: [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
Mrugnak: Hearing (14) [3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [4,3,2] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Berkun: success by 4
Mordreona: [3d6] => [6,5,4] = (15) VS 13
Mordreona: ((sorry VS10 at -3))
GM: Okay, Mrugnak and Berkun hear the second wave approaching.
GM: Everyone has time to get to their feet before the attack starts!
** Mrugnak shouts in alarm as he lurches to his feet. "Many come!" **
GM: Hey, another set of perception (Vision) rolls at -3, please.
** Lenia curses and gets to her feet, hand going to her potion belt. **
Berkun: "More come!" Berkun throws out at the same time as Mrugnak, then grabs his weapon and considers getting up a tree
Mrugnak: Vision (12) [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [5,5,2] = 12 vs (9) or less Failure! by 3
Mordreona: [3d6] => [2,5,5] = (12) VS10
Berkun: perception 14 [3d6] => [6,1,3] = (10)
Lenia: [3d6.skill(12,-3)] => [2,3,4] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
Berkun: success by 1
whispering to Berkun, A Uthgark ritualist is approaching, standing on a square of cloth and flying about 10 yards above the ground, just skimming the treetops.
whispering to Lenia, A Uthgark ritualist is approaching, standing on a square of cloth and flying about 10 yards above the ground, just skimming the treetops.
GM: any last questions?
Lenia: "Berkun! Target in the air!" She points to the north.
Berkun: Flying Ritualist? Do I see?
Berkun: If so, I prepare to shoot...
GM: Berkun, you have a whisper...
Berkun: ah, sorry

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: ducks behind a tree to hide.
Mordreona: Stealth (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [1,1,3] = 5 vs (17) or less Critical Success! by 12 [B556]
GM: Roll stealth and move to a tree... okay.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [25] ritualist)

Mordreona: Stealth (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [1,5,1] = 7 vs (17) or less Success! by 10
GM: no, the critical success was fine.
Mrugnak: :)
Berkun: fast draw [3d6] => [2,6,4] = (12) fast shot [3d6] => [5,5,6] = (16) barbed arrow, vitals, ritualist [3d6] => [2,2,2] = (6)
Barbarians: Ritualist casts Deflect [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7
Narrator: Berkun shoots right at the ritualist, but the wind catches his shot and it goes just over her shoulder.
Berkun: done

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> ritualist
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Barbarians: The ritualist swoops by Mrugnak, dropping something as she goes. Move and Attack for a net -2.
GM: It takes a second for her gift to land, so I'll roll the attack on her next turn.
Mrugnak: Wee!

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: How high off the ground is the ritualist?
GM: she's on a flying carpet patch, 10 yards up.
Mrugnak: Can I serve the bomb back at her with my trusty axe?
Barbarians: You can take a Wait action and hit it, sure!
GM: You can take a Wait action and hit it, sure!
** Mrugnak waits for the inevitable explosion in his face! **

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Barbarians)

Mrugnak: ###
Lenia: Fast-draw a potion of Paut, and ready it for drinking.
GM: Roll it.
Lenia: Wizard! (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [2,2,3] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8
GM: okay.
Lenia: Done.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Barbarians
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Barbarians: 4 Warriors advance behind their shields, throwing maces at the ready.
Barbarians: 4 more charge through the woods at the camp.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Guards
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Mordreona: I fast draw a large knife and throw it at the ritualist.
Mordreona: Fast-Draw (Knife) (16) [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [5,2,5] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4 Includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
Mordreona: Thrown Weapon (Knife) (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,6,6] = 15 vs (15) or less Success! by 0
Kaitlen: hey, piss off, it's my action!
Kaitlen: Kaitlen drops her spear.
Mordreona: Sorry
Leann: Moves to cover Lenia.
Narrator: Light glints off crystal as the ritualist's package drops toward Mrugnak.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

GM: now it's your turn, Mordreona
Mordreona: I throw my knife ito the woods as above
GM: You miss, with range penalties and all.
Mordreona: yes

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [25] ritualist)

Berkun: fast draw[3d6] => [5,5,3] = (13) fast shot[3d6] => [3,1,3] = (7) and shoot the ritualist in the vitals, barbed arrow
Berkun: hoping she doesn't have another bomb for me!
GM: -6 for range, -3 for vitals, -1 for quick shot, +1 for favored attack, +3 for acc... you need at 13- to hit.
Berkun: +1 for weapon bond
Berkun: [3d6] => [2,2,2] = (6)
Berkun: hit
GM: I'm assuming your skill is 19...
Berkun: yes
Barbarians: Deflect again [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,6,3] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Berkun: Berkun curses and a shiver runs down his spine
Berkun: "Magician..."
Narrator: Cursing, Berkun draws bead again, but the wind catches his arrow again.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> ritualist
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: "Has to be..."
GM: Mrugnak, take your wait action. You're at -5 to hit the small bundle of crystal vials dropping toward you.
Lenia: ...bundle.
Mrugnak: Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Primary [3d6.skill(18,-5)] => [4,6,4] = 14 vs (13) or less Failure! by 1
Mrugnak: Boom!
Mrugnak: (( It was probably going to go Boom either way ))
GM: You swing and miss, and the vials of acid shatter and spray at your feet. Roll a critical success on your dodge.
Mrugnak: Dodge (10) [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [4,5,2] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
Mrugnak: Nope!
GM: Acci splashes toward Mordreona [3d6.skill(15,-1)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6
GM: and sears her back. Base damage is [4d6+4] => [1,6,1,3,4] = (15)
Mrugnak: Is that my damage also, or are you saving that disaster for last?
GM: armor protects as the average of worst and best. Mordreona is shielded by distance, and only takes 5 damage.
GM: Damage totals are Mrugnak: 15; Mordreona: 5.
GM: Figure out your protection normally.
Mordreona: (k)
GM: And tell me what it is! both of you lose 1 point of DR, by the way.
Mrugnak: Off my natural DR or my armor?
GM: acid is corrosive. it's also cyclic, and will continue to burn you unless you do something about it.
Mordreona: ((I took 4 damage and now have 0 DR))
GM: outermost layer first.
GM: Mordreona, you're at -4 for shock on all DX actions until the end of your next turn.
Mrugnak: Worst counts eyes?
GM: No.
Mrugnak: average DR is 5 then, for 10 points of damage. DR on torso armor reduced to 3/1* I guess? Or all locations?
Narrator: Smoking green liquid sprays from the bottles, and Mrugnak and Mordreona hiss in pain.
GM: uh... all locations, I think.
Mrugnak: Kay.
Mrugnak: That's two penetrations on my magic mail!
Mrugnak: And it's full of acid!
Barbarians: The ritualist grunts ("Enough!" if you speak Foreignese) and shield rushes Berkun. [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3
Berkun: can I make a dodge?
GM: only if you don't want to be crunched. Sure!
Berkun: dodge 10
Berkun: [3d6] => [4,3,6] = (13)
Berkun: failed and I forgot to declare retreat
Berkun: at least she has to land...
GM: yep. knockback damage is [4d6+4] => [2,3,6,4,4] = (19) (her) and [4d6+2] => [1,5,3,4,2] = (15) you...
Lenia: Heh.
GM: Take 9 damage before DR and roll DX-2 or be knocked over.
Berkun: knock down [3d6] => [3,1,3] = (7) need 12
Berkun: success by 5
Berkun: that's 5 damage after DR
GM: okay
GM: she slams you back a step but you stay on your feet and she looks surprised.
GM: ((Berkun is a big guy!))

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Berkun: she's now right before me?
GM: Yees.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak curses in Further Forignese.
GM: Your skin is burning.
Mrugnak: Yes, that he noticed.
** Mrugnak runs and belly flops on the ice patch. **
Mrugnak: The hopefully melting ice patch.
Mrugnak: And rolls around a lot.
GM: There's clouds of smoke and steam, but you stop the acid! move and stuff.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Barbarians)

Lenia: Swig the Paut! Regain 4 FP.
GM: Glug, glug!
Lenia: Done. >.>

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Barbarians
(on deck: [20] Guards)

Barbarians: The barbarians move and attack Mordreona, throwing their Throwing Maces at her [3d6.skill(14,-3-2)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (9) or less Failure! by 4 [3d6.skill(14,-3-2)] => [2,3,4] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0 [3d6.skill(14,-3-2)] => [2,1,1] = 4 vs (9) or less Critical Success! [B556][3d6.skill(14,-3-2)] => [4,3,2] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
Barbarians: She's hit 3 times, one of them critically.
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,-4)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (7) or less Failure! by 4
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,-4)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (7) or less Success! by 1
Barbarians: want to spend a character point to force a reroll of the crit hit?
GM: want to spend a character point to force a reroll of the crit hit?
Mordreona: NO I will take it
GM: Brave.
GM: [3d6.crit_hit()] => [6,2,5] = 13 If any damage penetrates DR, treat as major wound. See [B420] for major wounds. [B556]
Mordreona: Am I at the -4 I used as it is the same round?
GM: Not for defenses. Defenses aren't penalized for shock.
Mordreona: k the only the crit hit, sure that will do me in tho.
Narrator: Mordreona ducks behind the tree as best she can, but a mace slams into her.
Barbarians: damage is [2d6+3] => [2,2,3] = (7) vs DR0
Mordreona: ((puts me at 2))
GM: Roll HT or be stunned; your Dodge is halved for future reference.
Mordreona: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [5,1,5] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
GM: Very Fit applies; but you're fine. well, sorta.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Guards
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Kaitlen: Curses and grabs her spear back up again.
Leann: Waits for Barbarians to approach. "Lady, you need to do something!"
Narrator: The barbarians howl as they charge in!

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: I try to rip off my leather jacket and run for the woods to the south west if I can.
GM: There's not much left to rip. Move at half speed.
GM: okay.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [25] ritualist)

Berkun: I grapple the ritualist with one hand
GM: Clever! Roll Wrestling, Judo, or DX.
Berkun: I make an all-out attack and spend a FP if I can spend it on something
Berkun: DX 14 [3d6] => [2,6,5] = (13)
GM: Sure, FP to ignore the 1/2 ST thing.
Berkun: I do
Barbarians: Ritualist brings her shield up [3d6.skill(10,2)] => [5,4,3] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
GM: what type of all-out attack did you make? Double, Strong, Determined?
Berkun: determined
GM: You're faster than she is. You've grabbed her.
GM: Rules junkies: can you concentrate while in a grapple?
Berkun: great, can I let go of my bow and try to fast draw at the same turn?
Lenia: No.
GM: yes, certainly. (thanks, Lenia)
Berkun: then fast-draw my long knife
GM: Roll it.
Berkun: fast draw [3d6] => [5,3,6] = (14)
Berkun: success by 0
GM: okay.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> ritualist
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Barbarians: "Away from me!" She tries to shrug you off. Roll ST. [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [6,6,5] = 17 vs (14) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Barbarians: or, don't, really.
GM: Suggestions from the peanut gallery: what happens to the ritualist?
Mrugnak: Everything from loosing her balance and falling out of the sky, to dislocating that shoulder she shrugged?
Lenia: Flying carpet goes flying off without her?
Berkun: falls from her flying cloth?
Mrugnak: I think she's been voted off her carpet.
GM: That does seem to be vote. She wrenches your arm and loses her carpet, falling to her knees.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Berkun: mmm... good
Mordreona: ((do I take more acid damage on that turn?))
GM: Not that turn, no.
GM: Mrugnak?
Mrugnak: Mrugnak rises to his knees! Asuming he doesn't fall on his face while trying.
GM: Roll DX-2
Mrugnak: DX (13) [3d6.skill(13,-2)] => [1,5,4] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1
GM: okay. You see trouble approaching.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Barbarians)

Lenia: Cast Major Healing on Mordreona while I try to figure out how Kaelin (though should that be Leann?) and I are going to deal with four very large angry barbarians.
GM: oops, thanks. Roll it.
Lenia: Major Healing: [3d6.skill(16,-1)] => [6,6,6] = 18 vs (15) or less Critical Failure! [B556] for 2 FP (6 healing).
Lenia: Luck!
Lenia: Major Healing: [3d6.skill(16,-1)] => [6,2,1] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6 for 2 FP (6 healing).
GM: sigh...
Lenia: Major Healing: [3d6.skill(16,-1)] => [1,6,3] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5 for 2 FP (6 healing).
Mrugnak: (( AFK pizza delivery ))
Narrator: make a Wizard roll for Hazard Materials Handling.
GM: make a Wizard roll for Hazard Materials Handling.
Lenia: Wizard! (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Lenia: Create Water would totally be my next spell. >.>
Narrator: Lenia's spell closes Mordreona's wounds and whisks off much of the acid.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Barbarians
(on deck: [20] Guards)

Barbarians: Barbarian 4 runs down Mordreona!
Leann: Stop thrust! [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [3,1,5] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3 DA -2/-1
Barbarians: Dodge [3d6.skill(8,2-1)] => [6,3,2] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Leann: Max damage for stop thrust is 7, DR4, 6 damage but he has 14 HP and HPT.
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [4,6,6] = 16 vs (11) or less Failure! by 5
GM: yeah, you can't dodge attacks from behind anyway.
Mordreona: k
GM: But he will decide to let someone with less spear in their bodies take you down this day.
Barbarians: Barbarian 5 runs forward.
Barbarians: Barbarian 8 overruns Mordreona! telegraphed shield rush [3d6.skill(16,4-4)] => [6,1,2] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7
Barbarians: damage is [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7) versus [1d6-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
GM: Mordreona takes 3 damage and is knocked prone.
Mordreona: (no acrobatics roll?))
Barbarians: Barbarian 9 charges past to take down Lenia.
GM: Got a rules cite?
Mordreona: ((no))
GM: he did more than 2x your damage - you just fall down.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Guards
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Barbarians: Barbarians 6 does a flying shield rush on Berkun, secure in the knowledge his allies will come curb stomp the foreign barbarian. [3d6.skill(16,4)] => [3,4,3] = 10 vs (20) or less Success! by 10
Barbarians: shield rush: [2d6+5] => [4,5,5] = (14) vs [2d6] => [3,3] = (6)
Berkun: can I make a dodge against it?
GM: No, you all-out attacked, remember?
Berkun: right
GM: You take 7 damage and go crashing down with an oddly stinking body on top of you.
Berkun: 7 before DR?
Lenia: Manpile!
GM: of course.
Berkun: ok
GM: so 3, right? wow.
Berkun: I'm at half HP, does that penalize me already?
Berkun: yes
Berkun: I'm 8 out of 16
GM: No penalties for 1/2 HP.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: I try to use acrobatics to get to my feet. if I can
GM: roll at -6, -3 more for shock.
Mordreona: Acrobatics (14) [3d6.skill(14,-6)] => [2,4,6] = 12 vs (8) or less Failure! by 4 Includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
Berkun: I have two more questions then: am I still grappling the ritualist and can I interpose her between myself and the barbarians?
GM: Berkun: yes, and yes (maybe).
Berkun: ok
Mordreona: Acrobatics (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [3,3,2] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6 Includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
GM: Mordreona, you get to your knees.
Mordreona: sorry

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [25] ritualist)

Berkun: I try to cut the ritualsits neck. normal attack, called shot, cut, neck, deceptive for 1 point
GM: -2-5-3, you're at -10. oh, +1 'cause she's big. so -9.
Berkun: I have 18 skill, -3 for called shot... make that not a deceptive attack, then
Berkun: not worth it
GM: okay, -7. want to try it?
GM: neck is -5, -3 for lying down, you're at -7.
Berkun: then not neck
Berkun: stab at the vitals (-3)
GM: you're at -5, then.
Berkun: so it would be only -5
GM: right.
Berkun: and I spend a FP for mighty blow
Berkun: [3d6] => [4,1,3] = (8)
GM: okay!
Berkun: Got It!
GM: forgot the -3 for shock... anywho.
Berkun: "Worm eating wizard... grrr..."
Berkun: I'd still get it, fortunately
Barbarians: block with shield [3d6.skill(11,2-2-2)] => [2,1,4] = 7 vs (9) or less Success! by 2
Berkun: lucky
GM: The flying tackle slams your knife against her shield.
Berkun: done
GM: tease.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> ritualist
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

GM: "Get off!" She lurches back to balance.
Barbarians: "Get off!" She lurches back to balance.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Berkun: "Surrender!"
Berkun: (Berkun is visibly afraid)
GM: ((brave attitude, but you're about to get an epic curb-stomping, y'know? Oh, I see you do.))
Berkun: (it was a gamble)
Mrugnak: Mrugnak tries to get to his feet from his knees as a step of movement, depending on a DX check. If he doesn't fall on his ass, he attempts to Intimidate the Warriors around Lenia.
Mrugnak: DX (13) [3d6.skill(13,-2)] => [5,1,5] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
GM: rules check, hang a sec.
Mrugnak: I may be remembering 3e and Kneeling.
Mrugnak: But I don't think they changed that in 4e.
GM: No, you can do that as a step, I was looking up Intimidation. They're the same size as you, and have the upper hand. Roll at -2.
Mrugnak: Intimidation (13) [3d6.skill(13,-2)] => [3,2,2] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4 Includes: +2 from 'Appearance'
GM: They see the crumpled bodies of their best warriors, look at your flail, and pause a bit.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Barbarians)

GM: ???
Lenia: Step back and Thunderclap a couple of yards behind the farthest warrior. Spell roll would be at -1 for maintained spells and -2 for range. If it succeeds, Barbarians 4, 5, and 8 (as well as Mordreona) will need to make HT rolls or be deafened.
GM: okay.
GM: roll it.
Mordreona: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,6,2] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
Lenia: Thunderclap: [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [5,3,2] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4 for 1 FP.
Lenia: "I am not some cheap conjurer! Fall back, or be destroyed!"
GM: 4, 5, and 8 stop hearing things, realize that there's all kinds of weird stuff in the world that can crush a man, and decide to vacate.
Lenia: (This is more for the benefit of those whose eardrums I haven't just ruptured.)
GM: actually... hang a second. roll Intimidate, first.
GM: you are at +4.
Lenia: Intimidate from Default: [3d6.skill(16,-1)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (15) or less Failure! by 1 ; +5 if Charisma applies, +5 more if Appearance can apply - Nymphs are supposed to strike men dead by disrobing, and whatnot, right?
GM: +5 for charisma, Appearance doesn't help in this case.
Lenia: Well, failure by 1, success by 4, or success by 9.
Lenia: I'll take success by 4.
GM: okay, yeah, they decide to let the other half win this one.
GM: done?
Lenia: Done!

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Barbarians
(on deck: [20] Guards)

GM: 4,5, and 8 flee!
GM: 9, however, is going to try to knock your ass down. [3d6.skill(16, 0)] => [4,5,1] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6 shield rush.
Lenia: The -1 for Blur didn't help, I see. Is a staff parry an option, or am I dodging?
GM: you risk breaking your staff against his shield, or you can dodge.
Lenia: I like this staff. Retreating Dodge: [3d6.skill(9,+1)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
Lenia: Fark.
GM: knockback [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6) (him) vs [1d6] => [6] = (6) (you)
GM: You step back, he still hits, but weakly enough that you stay standing.
Lenia: Is there actual damage in there as well? I'm not up on slam mechanics.
Barbarians: The barbarian on Berkun kneels. the others run around and prepare the kicking.
GM: 3 damage, crushing - your armor absorbs.
Lenia: Cool.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Guards
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Kaitlen: Stab that guy! [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [5,2,2] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3 DA-2/-1
Barbarians: Block [3d6.skill(11,2-1)] => [4,2,3] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3
Leann: step back and attack, telegraphed stab to the neck [3d6.skill(14,4-5)] => [2,1,5] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Leann: [1d6+1] => [3,1] = (4) vs DR2

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

GM: you're still in the fight. what are you up to?
Mordreona: I stand and step as I fast draw my sword. If I can I use a FP and try to stab into the barbarians neck on Lenia.
Mordreona: Fast-Draw (ShortSword) (16) [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [3,6,4] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3 Includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
GM: sure, 1 FP for giant step.
Mordreona: I telegraph it
Mordreona: Shortsword (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,6,4] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
GM: you're at -3 for shock, -5 for the neck, +4 for telegraphed, +1 for size - so you hit the body.
Mordreona: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
GM: Uhm... roll a swing attack, please.
GM: stabbing the neck is inefficient.
Mordreona: I stabed but ok
GM: welll, okay then.
Mordreona: [2d6+2] => [4,4,2] = (10)
GM: you do 16 damage to his neck, more or less severing it.
GM: isn't that better than 0?
Mordreona: yes.:)
GM: He drops.
Barbarians: Dodge [3d6.skill(8,-2+2)] => [5,1,1] = 7 vs (8) or less Success! by 1
GM: hmmm. ah, it all comes out in the wash.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [25] ritualist)

Berkun: in the current situation, is there anyway I could roll away from them?
GM: You'd have to evade the ritualist. but if you do that, yes.
Berkun: as in, move without getting up
Berkun: how far I could move like this?
GM: you could only move 1 hex, but it'd be worth it, I think...
Berkun: I'll try to
Berkun: what do I roll to evade? DX?
GM: roll DX-6. she'll contest with DX-2.
Berkun: [3d6] => [6,5,5] = (16)
Berkun: failed
Barbarians: [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [5,1,6] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
GM: You bump into her as you try to roll.
Berkun: I failed by 8
GM: yes, that's why you didn't evade =(

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> ritualist
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: damn
Barbarians: Ritualist: Stand. She curses Berkun. Cast Terror [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
GM: Berkun, roll Fear -4.
Berkun: include my -1 magic suspectibilty?
GM: Sorry, Will -4.
Berkun: [3d6] => [4,1,3] = (8)
GM: Will -5, then.
GM: Yeah, no.
Berkun: failure by 2
GM: [3d6.frightcheckfail(3)] => [5,4,2] + 3 = 14 Lose 1 FP, and stunned for 5 seconds. Every second after that, roll vs. Will, plus whatever bonuses or penalties you had on your original roll, to snap out of it. [B361]
GM: Evil thoughts of failure and doom crawl through your mind. you are stunned and screaming and in really bad shape.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: Having successfully terrorized the first group, Mrugnak turns to face Berkun's attackers, flourishes his weapons, and bellows in Further Forigner "YOU DIE NEXT!" (Intimidation again)
Berkun: Berkun shouts out in fear and trashes on the ground
Mrugnak: Oh shit.
GM: you're at -2 'cause they're really winning over here.
Mrugnak: I forgot to make a berserker check after the acid.
GM: hmm... well, do that instead, first.
Mrugnak: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [5,4,1] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
Mrugnak: Yay!
Mrugnak: Intimidation (13) [3d6.skill(13,-2)] => [4,3,5] = 12 vs (11) or less Failure! by 1 Includes: +2 from 'Appearance'
Mrugnak: Ah well. At least I didn't warp space and time by retroactively berserking.
GM: They turn toward you with anger.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Barbarians)

Mrugnak: Yay! I taunted!
GM: Lenia?
Lenia: Sorry. Phonecall.
Lenia: Back now.
Lenia: Turn, step, frostbite the nearest Barbarian for 0 FP (2d6 damage).
Lenia: I have the range at 7, for -8 total.
GM: I have it at 5 with your staff?
Lenia: You're right!
Lenia: Frostbite: [3d6.skill(20,-6)] => [5,2,5] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
GM: Roll damage.
Lenia: [2d6] => [1,6] = (7)
Lenia: Done!
GM: He murmurs something in a panic.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Barbarians
(on deck: [20] Guards)

Barbarians: 19 flees.
Lenia: Having your insides freeze solid does wonders for the self-preservation instinct.
Barbarians: that was 10. 11 steps to the side and throws a mace at Mrugnak [3d6.skill(14,-2+1)] => [1,1,6] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Berkun: looks like I might not die
Berkun: since they took interest in others
Barbarians: 7 does the same [3d6.skill(14,1-2)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (13) or less Success! by 7
Berkun: was that GM mercy? :)
Barbarians: The one in the same space as Berkun grabs him one-handed, telegraphed, blah-blah-blah.
Lenia: DF GMs are terrible and without mercy. That was clever action on the part of the other PCs. >.>
Mrugnak: Mrugnak taunted!
Mrugnak: Sort of.
Mrugnak: Either taunting or fearing were acceptable results :D
GM: Mrugnak is eating 2 maces - want to defend? you're at -1 for bad footing on dodges.
GM: Berkun needs to roll a Dodge at -5 or be grabbed.
Lenia: -3 on all defenses, unless you want to change that from the book or the ice patch is mostly melted or something.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak parries the first mace with the morning star, and the second with the axe. I presume thrown maces are not small, so paries are only at -1 (and -1 or -3 from the ice)
GM: oh, -3 then. Thanks, Lenia!
GM: right, right.
GM: go for it.
Berkun: I spend FP on feverish defense
Berkun: [3d6] => [5,2,6] = (13)
GM: sure.
Berkun: I can't retreat, though, right?
Berkun: since I am down
Mrugnak: I will also spend FP on feverish defense. Thanks for reminding me :D
GM: ((now you're tired and grabbed!))
Berkun: ah
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) parry [3d6.skill(15,-4+2)] => [3,4,4] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
GM: no, you can't retreat since you're *stunned*
Mrugnak: Trovaardig yxa (Axe/Pick) * Primary parry [3d6.skill(13,-4+2)] => [2,2,2] = 6 vs (11) or less Success! by 5
Berkun: right, stunned too
GM: well, shit.
GM: they look surprised when that fails.
GM: and a little dismayed.
Mrugnak: Two weapon style ftw.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Guards
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Mrugnak: Remind me to actually buy that up.
Mrugnak: NOW they might believe my threats of DOOM.
Kaitlen: "M'lady, what do we do?
Kaitlen: She moves in front of Lenia.
Lenia: "Hold back; this fight is won."
Leann: "How do you say?"
Leann: Moves next to Lenia

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: I try to use acrobatics to slide across the ice, knocking the feet out from under the ritualist on Berkun, try to end on my feet if I can.
Mordreona: Acrobatics (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,2,1] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6 Includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
GM: hmmm... sure, try it. dx, sumo, or brawling at -4 to hit her.
Mordreona: Brawling (15) [3d6.skill(15,-4)] => [5,2,5] = 12 vs (11) or less Failure! by 1
GM: You slide past her and trip over Berkun's madly writing body. Acrobatics at -4 to stay standing.
Mordreona: Acrobatics (14) [3d6.skill(14,-4)] => [3,4,2] = 9 vs (10) or less Success! by 1 Includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
GM: another acrobatics roll will let you flip so you're facing your foes.
GM: no penalty on that one.
Mordreona: Acrobatics (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2 Includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
Narrator: Mordreona throws herself across the ice in a controlled slide, but the Ritualist steps onto her carpet at the last second and Mordreona misses. She lands on the far side of Berkun, unharmed.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [25] ritualist)

Narrator: Berkun screams in terror as the magic invades his brain.
GM: 1 of 5.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> ritualist
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: indeed
Barbarians: The ritualist turns and steps onto her carpet, flinging a spell at Mrugnak [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [6,3,5] = 14 vs (12) or less Failure! by 2
Barbarians: or not. damnit!

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: Ritualist is nearish ground level then.
Barbarians: She also says "surrender! you man die!"
GM: Yes, less than 1 foot off.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak roars "BAD JUJU! YOU DIE!" and makes a flying body tackle into the witch.
Mrugnak: Jumping slam.
Mordreona: ((did the other barbarian 5,8 and 4 run off?))
Mrugnak: Basically.
Mrugnak: I think.
GM: ((yes))
GM: okay, DX-2 to move 1 hex on the ice before the jump.
Mrugnak: Mrugnaks broad jump is 13 feet :D
Mrugnak: DX (13) [3d6.skill(13,-2)] => [3,6,1] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1
GM: man, that's some crowded 3' of space...
GM: roll the jump or brawling to attack....
GM: are you goring her?
Berkun: "Argh! NO!"
Mrugnak: I'd ideally like to go plowing through and end up prone on the ground beyond. And yea, horns :D
Mrugnak: Brawling (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [4,1,4] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
GM: ((yes, Berkun's sanity is not helped when some huge demonic figure goes flying across the sky above him))
Mrugnak: Hopefully not belly-flopping on to him.
Barbarians: Ritualist: Dodge! [3d6.skill(9,2)] => [5,5,5] = 15 vs (11) or less Failure! by 4
Barbarians: "Aigh! My wyrd!"
Mrugnak: Mrugnak weighs 480 lbs and has 208 lbs of gear...
Mrugnak: Sweet.
Mordreona: ((that may hurt a little))
Lenia: "Wyrd" is Barbarianish for "Bones and organs".
Mrugnak: I think I broke the GM.
GM: You didn't get much momentum going... [3d6+3] => [6,3,3,3] = (15) (Mrugnak) vs [1d6] => [1] = (1) (ritualist)
GM: nah, just had to do some math.
GM: well, you knock her down. and impale her for 7 damage.
GM: and send her flying over Berkun, the other barbarian, and into Mordreona.
GM: Mordreona, dodge please.
Mordreona: Dodge (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [6,6,1] = 13 vs (11) or less Failure! by 2
Mordreona: can I use acrobatics?
Lenia: This is not Mordreona's day.
GM: No... not after that last bit.
Mordreona: k
GM: but hey, it's a DX roll at -2 to avoid falling, and you can sub Acrobatics for THAT.
Mordreona: at -2?
GM: yes.
Mordreona: Acrobatics (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,3,1] = 5 vs (14) or less Success! by 9 Includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
GM: there's just a lot of movement to the left side of the map? I'm not sure I can even visualize all that just went on!

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Barbarians)

GM: For what it's worth, Mrugnak is face-down over Berkun and the guy grabbing him.
Mrugnak: Sorry.
Berkun: so Berkun would be between Mrugnak's legs or something?
Berkun: or did Mrugnak collapse ON Berkun?
Lenia: Step forward, and Frostbite again on the nearest standing barbarian. 0 FP for 2d6, range is 7-2 for a total of -6 on the spell roll.
Mrugnak: That would be better than being squashed by 680 lbs of adventurer...
GM: Roll it, Lenia.
Lenia: Frostbite: [3d6.skill(20,-6)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4
Lenia: [2d6] => [1,5] = (6)
Berkun: right, I'd rather smell his ass than be crushed
Lenia: "I'll freeze you all!"
GM: Berkun is facedown, at the bottom. A barbarian is kneeling over him, trying to pin him with one hand. Mrugnak is sprawled over the barbarian, and Mordreona and the ritualist have gone flying over them.
GM: I suppose this is a bad time to remember that Barbarians are SM+1?
GM: Yeah, probably.
Lenia: Yikes.
Lenia: Yes.
Lenia: Though we can just say that those were all *1d* Frostbites. -_-
GM: spend 2 fatigue more and we'll track it from here on out.
GM: the damage works for them... =)
Lenia: Yeah, I like my damage more than my FP.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Barbarians
(on deck: [20] Guards)

Barbarians: "Toten der hexen!" Barbarian 7 runs forward [3d6.skill(11,-3)] => [3,5,2] = 10 vs (8) or less Failure! by 2
Barbarians: then dex [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [3,6,3] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
** Lenia smirks. **
GM: he hits the ice and does his best keystone kops.
Barbarians: barbarian 11 readies an axe.
Barbarians: the guy at the bottom of that hell pile... tries to get rid of his shield [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [5,6,2] = 13 vs (10) or less Failure! by 3
Barbarians: no luck.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[20]<b> Guards
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: I try to grab the carpet and t pull it out from under the ritualist. I use a FP IF I can.
GM: the ritualist left the carpet when Mrugnak beat her up.
GM: what else do you want to do?
Mordreona: ah the I swing at her mighty blow
GM: roll it.
Mordreona: Shortsword (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
Barbarians: [3d6.skill(12,3)] => [6,3,1] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Barbarians: she wasn't stunned... somehow. Dodge! [3d6.skill(9,2-3)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (8) or less Failure! by 2
GM: You hit her. roll damage.
Mordreona: [2d6+2] => [1,5,2] = (8)
GM: she takes 10 damage and falls unconscious.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [25] ritualist)

GM: fear fear fear.
GM: 2 of 5

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> ritualist
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Barbarians: "Nei---!"
Barbarians: the ritualist is unconscious

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Mrugnak: It's hard to tell - are there any surviving barbarians in this clusterfuck?
Lenia: Yeah, there's the one grappling Berkun and the one who just readied an axe who's right above you.
GM: 2 - 1 in your hex, holding Berkun, the other above you.
GM: right.
Mrugnak: Will getting to his hands and knees count as a change posture?
GM: yes, to kneeling.
Mrugnak: Fine, Mrugnak rolls slightly to his side, and tries to whack Axe Guy with the morningstar, in the torso if I can reach it with my long arms and the mace chain, if not I'll take his leg out.
GM: torso is fine. -3 for being on the ground, roll.
GM: -2 more for fighting someone else while in close combat.
Mrugnak: OK, adding Deceptive -2/-1 for coming at a bizarre angle (Bastard never saw it coming bonus!)
GM: yep.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(22,-3-2-2)] => [5,5,4] = 14 vs (15) or less Success! by 1
Barbarians: block at -3 [3d6.skill(11,2-3)] => [3,3,1] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
Barbarians: "Heh heh heh."

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [24] Barbarians)

Lenia: "To the cold dark with you!" Frostbite on the last standing barbarian, spending 3 FP and 1 HP (total of 3d6 damage) and requiring an HT roll to avoid falling over. Power items are for wusses. Range is 6-2, for a total of -6 on the spell roll (4 range, 1 spell maintained, 1 HP burned).
Lenia: HT: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,4,2] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
GM: -7: Low pain threshold.
GM: sigh....
Lenia: Good point!
GM: roll damage.
Mrugnak: Skill first?
Lenia: Haven't made the spellcast roll yet.
Mrugnak: That was "Not passing out" roll.
GM: oh!
Lenia: Frostbite: [3d6.skill(20,-7)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
Mrugnak: Yay!
Lenia: [3d6] => [4,4,6] = (14)
GM: What do you think it's like, having your guts freeze from the inside? that can't feel good.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Barbarians
(on deck: [20] Guards)

Mrugnak: I once ate an ice cream too fast.
Mrugnak: I bet it's like that.
Lenia: And now I fall over.
Mrugnak: Only 10 times worse.
Barbarians: barbarian 11 flees.
Lenia: Done!
Barbarians: The barbarian at the bottom roll DX-2 to get rid of his shield [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [2,1,2] = 5 vs (10) or less Success! by 5
Barbarians: He triumphantly reaches for Berkun's neck, planning to barter the hostage for his life...
Narrator: Then Mordreona reaches forward, jerks back his head, and cuts open his throat.
GM: I think you won this one.
GM: Wait, there's one last loser on the ice... he's got no chance, never mind.
GM: He surrenders.
GM: quite a fight.
Berkun: quite
Lenia: Indeed.
Mordreona: May I stab the ritualist in the heart and run after barbarian 11?
Berkun: Berkun crawls away between the trees, still panicked
Mrugnak: I think this is the most entertaining fight I've ever been in.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.