FANDOM


Narrator: The delvers have defeated the guards of the final guard room, though at great cost. Mrugnak sits in a large pool of his own blood, his body rent from the massive cuts of the Stone Golem.
Narrator: Ahead of them are the reinforced, vault-like, double doors that lead deeper into the tomb.
Narrator: The floor of this room is empty except for blood and stone chips.
Mordreona: "Great more doors"
GM: There's also weapons of the two guards, but they aren't in the best of shape.
Lenia: "Well, friends, two choices: Patch up as best we can and press on despite the danger, or return to camp and leave the terror behind that door for tomorrow when we're much healthier."
Mordreona: "I will try to first aid Mrugnak, if no one has a better plan."
** Mrugnak stares around dazedly. "... ow." **
** Mordreona makes her way to Mrugnak. **
GM: Mrugnak has been carved like a steer - it will take more than first aid to help him. Though it's a start.
Lenia: Will: [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [3,6,3] = 12 vs (11) or less Failure! by 1
Mordreona: ((best I can do.))
Mrugnak: "
** Mordreona starts First aid on Mrugnak. **
Mrugnak: (( please don't Frostbite me. ))
Mordreona: "I say we go back to camp."
Mordreona: First Aid/TL3 (Human) (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [2,5,5] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
GM: [6,-3] = (3)
Mordreona: "After I finish here."
GM: Mordreona does an excellent job of patching Mrugnak, healing 9 points!
Berkun: "Meeting with thieves is not much safer"
Berkun: "And I have potion for Mrugnak's wounds..."
Berkun: "But I don't insist, always better to be careful."
** Mrugnak ponders a little. "Mrugnak have potion." **
Berkun: Berkun looks greedily towards the unexplored tomb, but is nervous more than he is greedy
** Lenia approaches Mrugnak from the other side, hand extended and a healing spell in mind. At the last second she stops, freezing a moment, clearly concentrating hard; she then presses her hand to her leg with a gasp of pain and effort. **
Mordreona: "Well if we can get the big guy up then we can go on, but Lenia looks a little off too."
Lenia: Frostbite: [3d6.skill(20,0)] => [6,1,2] = 9 vs (20) or less Success! by 11
Lenia: HT to Resist: [3d6.skill(12,-7)] => [5,5,1] = 11 vs (5) or less Failure! by 6
Mordreona: ((can I tell what she is doing, can I hit her?))
Lenia: Damage: [3d6] => [3,1,5] = (9)
GM: She's casting a spell - you've seen her do that before - but you can't tell beyond that.
GM: She screams and collapses.
Mordreona: (K)
GM: Did you just cripple your own leg?
Lenia: Yes, probably.
GM: Yep, part touched. Lenia screams in pain and falls over.
Mrugnak: Uh.
Mordreona: ((I can tell she did damage to Mrugnaktho,yes))
Berkun: "She's cursed, this is no good..."
Berkun: "Let'
Mrugnak: She didn't do damage to Mrugnak.
Berkun: "Let's get out of here!"
Mrugnak: She just forced a BERSERK check out of Mrugnak though.
Mordreona: "Lets"
Mrugnak: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [3,3,1] = 7 vs (12) or less Success! by 5
Berkun: "Maybe she'll get better if she's out in the sun...
Berkun: "
Mrugnak: (( *cheer* ))
Mordreona: "I know I will feel better out of here."
Mrugnak: Can I fish a healing potion out of my harness without hurting myself?
GM: 2 Health checks to do that.
Berkun: Berkun is ready to assist him, though
Mrugnak: So, no.
Mordreona: "Stop moving Mrugnak, you are going to kill yourself."
Mrugnak: "ow. Mrugnak have potion..."
Berkun: "Let me help..."
Berkun: Berkun goes to help Mrugnak drink from the flask
** Mordreona starts to tie up Lenia. **
Mordreona: "I'll take her outside."
Berkun: "Right. Just remember those bandits could be there!"
J (enter): 17:12
Mordreona: "Guess I should first aid her first."
Berkun: hello J
whispering to J, Hello! Have you sent your character sheet to me yet?
Mordreona: ((HI J))
J: (( Heya, really, really sorry about being late. Global conspiracy. ))
Mrugnak: (( waves ))
Mordreona: First Aid/TL3 (Human) (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [6,4,5] = 15 vs (13) or less Failure! by 2
Mordreona: ((that was after I tie her up, not sure if I need to roll for that.))
GM: She's unconscious from pain, so no.
GM: Now all you have to do is carry her and Mrugnak out of her.
GM: Or whatever you plan to do.
GM: Good luck.
GM: Jeremy, you have a whisper.
Mrugnak: The potion that Berkun is fishing out of my harness is a Major Healing.
** Mordreona puts Leniaover her shoulder and starts out. "I'll be back to help with him in a min. I will drop her at the door." **
Berkun: "Right..."
Berkun: Berkun looks at Mrugnak nervously
Berkun: "Are you more alive now?"
Mrugnak: [2d6 * 3] => 6
Mordreona: ((just less dead.))
** Mrugnak hates the universe. **
Mrugnak: (( I did NOT just roll a 2. ))
GM: The potion does little to help Mrugnak.
Mrugnak: (( Foo ))
GM: It's appropriate, sorry.
Mordreona: ((looks that way from here.))
** Mrugnak has two potions. **
Mordreona: ((best let Mordreona make your healing potions from now on.))
Berkun: "You need to walk, Mrugnak..."
Berkun: Berkun looks at him
Berkun: "You need more of this"
Lenia: ((Finally found the rules.)) Crippled Leg! HT Roll: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [1,6,1] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
Lenia: ((Woot!))
Mrugnak: (( Woot! ))
GM: Yeah, that's after you're healed. Which you aren't.
Mrugnak: (( isn't that after the fight to find out if it's lasting or not? ))
Mordreona: I will look around a sec before I leave her alone at the entrance.
Mrugnak: (( otherwise it's like a funnybone or soft tissue issue? ))
GM: you're right, my bad.
Lenia: ((Yeah, roll after the fight, but it still lasts until I heal the HP damage.))
GM: One of the guards is visible on the hilltop and watching the entrance. She hurries over when you put down Lenia.
Mrugnak: (( Yay guards! ))
Mordreona: ((our guard yes?))
GM: Yes, it's Kaitlen.
Mrugnak: (( Hirelings are awesome. ))
Mordreona: "Here watch her, DO NOT UNTIE HER> I'll be back."
** Mordreona goes back to see about Mrugnakand Berkun." **
Kaitlen: "Why is she tied up? What is going on here? She looks wounded!"
Mordreona: "Just do as you are told, you could be next."
Mrugnak: (( eek. ))
Kaitlen: "I do not work for you."
Kaitlen: She moves over Lenia's body.
Mordreona: "IF you un tie her you may never work again, it is for your own good."
** Mordreona goes back inside. **
Mordreona: ((that will go well Im sure))
Kaitlen: Loosens Lenia's bonds and shakes her awake. "Lady? What have they done to you?
Lenia: Will: [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [6,2,3] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
Lenia: "Ow. Ah... wha? Cursed. Evil altar. Feeling much better now, though. Help me to the camp."
Mordreona: "I left Lenia with Kait, how is Mrugnak doing?"
GM: It takes Mordreona about 3 minutes to get back.
Kaitlen: "Aye, lady." She picks you up and carries you to camp.
GM: Mrugnak is a slightly bloodier mess than he used to be, but his wounds are bleeding through the bandages at a slower pace.
GM: You guys are going to have a great collection of red cloth after this.
Mrugnak: (( Soon after to be Brown cloth. ))
Mordreona: "Did you drink your potions?"
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak eat one. No help."
Mordreona: "Do you have another?"
Mrugnak: "Ya."
Mordreona: "Well?"
Mordreona: "Drink up."
Berkun: Berkun leans down to help
Mordreona: "Unless you want us to drag you back to camp."
GM: Lenia mentioned that healing magic doesn't work well near the altar.
Mordreona: "Think we could pull him by the horns Berkun?"
Berkun: "No, bad idea, he'd bleed more"
Mordreona: "Well we best hurry before Lenia kills our camp mates."
** Mrugnak tries to stagger to his feet. **
Mordreona: "Or has them kill us."
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
** Mordreona tries to help. **
GM: 1 roll per round, how far are you going?
Mordreona: "If we only had a cart, now that would be useful."
Mrugnak: (( a donkey is almost as good as a cart. ))
Berkun: Berkun gives Mrugnak a lesser healing potion "Drink it"
** Mrugnak is obviously heavily weighed down by his bag. **
Mrugnak: (( wait, no. ))
Mrugnak: (( left that outside. Mrugnak's just heavily weighed down by armor and stuff. ))
GM: That's so much better. How far are you moving?
Mrugnak: However far they lead me, really.
Mrugnak: Or until I fall over.
Mordreona: "Come on you sissy take a few more steps."
GM: Make a HT roll per second, move your move halved or 2 yards per second, no sprinting.
Lenia: ((DO NOT. INSULT. THE BAD-TEMPERED. BERSERKER.))
** Mrugnak growls. **
Mrugnak: (( ironically if I'm furious I could probably run after her. ))
Berkun: "Drink the potion..."
Mordreona: ((It is my nature))
Mordreona: ((was what I was thinking))
GM: Bad Temper check? You're not feeling charitable.
Mrugnak: [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,3,2] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3
GM: 'kay.
Mrugnak: Hm. far doorway to the altar room is 14 hexes.
Mrugnak: No bonuses from HPT I assume.
GM: I don't believe so, no.
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,3,1] = 5 vs (13) or less Success! by 8
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [2,3,4] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [5,6,1] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
Mrugnak: Jebus but the mos keeps going down.
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (13) or less Success! by 7
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,3,3] = 7 vs (13) or less Success! by 6
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,4,2] = 7 vs (13) or less Success! by 6
Mrugnak: Cool. I make it to the doorway of the altar room!
GM: Keep going.
Mrugnak: damn, not quite.
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,4,1] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,5,5] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,1,1] = 3 vs (13) or less Critical Success! [B556]
Mrugnak: (( woot ))
GM: That gives you [3d6] => [6,6,2] = (14) seconds of movement.
Mrugnak: 28 + 4 hexes awesome!
Mrugnak: Safely past the runes of death, woo!
GM: That gets you to the hidden hall and through the pick hole.
Mrugnak: (( J, take this as a lesson - Berserk sucks. ))
Mrugnak: (( it's funny, but it sucks. ))
Mrugnak: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [6,4,6] = 16 vs (13) or less Failure! by 3
Mrugnak: Aaand I fall over now.
Mordreona: "Drink the potions or I will have to motivate you another way."
Mordreona: "Crap"
Mrugnak: (( you can dribble them in his ear for the same effect. ))
Mrugnak: Or something.
Mordreona: "Now what Berkun?
Mrugnak: (( I'm pretty sure they can be applied to the unconscious for very little chance of drowning. ))
GM: Yep.
GM: You now need to roll HT every 12 hours or die.
Berkun: "Hold his mouth, I'll pour it in"
Mordreona: "Maybe we should just take their stuff and go back to town and call it n adventure."
GM: (campaigns p 423)
Berkun: Berkun pours his minor potion
** Mordreona holds his mouth. **
GM: [2] = (2)*3]
GM: Errr... 6 more points, anyway.
Mrugnak: 2 is cheating.
GM: A minor potion is only 1d6.
Berkun: okay, another minor potion
GM: I rolled quietly. =)
Berkun: last one I have
Mrugnak: Aaaaah!
Mordreona: "I bet his weapons are worth a gold or two, and Lenia has some stuff too."
Berkun: "What? Can't leave one of our own here!"
** Mordreona keeps holding his mouth. **
** Mrugnak still has that second Major Healing potion that nobody has fed him yet. **
Berkun: "Nor anywhere. It's how noble warriors do."
GM: Second potion? [1d6*3] => 9
Mordreona: "Just a thought."
Berkun: If my two minor potions don't help, I pour the major one too
GM: Well, he's still pretty grim.
GM: Major potion [2d6*3] => 15
Berkun: "I would never do that, I'm no mere steppe savage no more. We sworn that..."
Berkun: "I hope this will help..."
GM: Heh. That puts him at -2.
Berkun: Berkun looks at the potions
Mrugnak: (( oh so damn close ))
Berkun: "We need more."
Berkun: "The minotaur is worth more in a fight than those concotions"
** Mordreona slaps him. "WAKE UP YOU WUSS." **
Mordreona: "Not if he is dead."
Berkun: Berkun looks if Mordreona has any visible potions on her
Berkun: "Have *you* got a flask for him?"
Mordreona: ((No I used them all.))
Mordreona: "Sorry took my last one."
Mordreona: "Want me to go look at camp?"
Berkun: "I still have a magic stone, but he'd have to be conscious... Yes!"
Berkun: "If Lenia has a potion on her, take it and bring it here"
Mordreona: "Be back in a few."
** Mordreona runs for camp. **
Berkun: Berkun stands over Mrugnak with his dagger
Lenia: ((Lenia carries Paut, not Healing Potions.))
Berkun: (was hoping she'd have healing potions too!)
Lenia: ((Sadly no.))
Mrugnak: (( OTOH, she's conscious and a wizard. ))
Mrugnak: (( these things have to be helpful. ))
Berkun: "Mordreona, wait! If she doesn't have a healing potion, bring *her* here!"
Berkun: "But don't untie her hands!"
Mordreona: "Did she not try to kill him just 10 min ago?"
** Lenia is at camp, meditating quietly and trying to remove the thing from her head. It's not going to work, but she's going to try. **
GM: Uhm. Maybe. After she tried to kill you.
** Mordreona runs off mumbling. **
Berkun: "Gonna put a knife to her throat... she won't dare... I hope..."
Narrator: At camp, Henrietta, Ricka, Kaitlen, and Leann have stopped fussing over Lenia only because she told them to leave her alone.
Narrator: They all glare at Mordreona mistrustfully as she approaches.
Mordreona: "YOU CRAZY TART YOU UNTIED HER>"
Kaitlen: "Aye? So we did."
** Lenia opens her eyes. "Of course she did. I'm feeling better, away from the altar. There aren't any problems." **
Kaitlen: "You see?
Mordreona: "Well come on Lenia we need you back at the alter."
Lenia: "And I'll thank you not to insult our companions. How is Mrugnak doing?"
Mrugnak: (( facepalm. ))
** Mordreona stays behind her as we walk if I can. **
** Lenia gestures at her leg. "I can't walk. Leg's not working. I can try healing it, but I'm a bit worried about the result." **
GM: The guards heft their weapons as you approach Lenia.
Mordreona: "Not so good he needs you to heal him, or finish him off one."
Mordreona: "Back off I'm going to cary her, do not make me kill you."
Berkun: Can Berkun try to apply first aid too?
Berkun: or is it only one person?
GM: Berkun cannot.
** Mordreona walks up to Lenia. **
Berkun: right
GM: 1 attempt per attack.
Berkun: by the way, we've got no light now, right?
Leann: "Lady? What do you wish us to do?"
Mordreona: ((LOL TRUE))
GM: No, Mrugnak's arm is glowing.
Lenia: "Mordreona, moving me could permanently hurt my leg. Leann, Kaitlen, please don't kill Mordreona. Mordreona, if you threaten the help again, *I'll* see to it you can't anymore - are we clear?"
Mordreona: (( ah, that would have been so funny))
Kaitlen: "As you will."
Berkun: Ok, Berkun will have his bow prepared
Mordreona: "great."
Lenia: Will: [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [6,2,2] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6
** Mordreona starts to eat some lunch. **
** Mrugnak snores, the gurgling snore of someone with blood in his lungs. **
Lenia: Minor Healing: [3d6.skill(17,-9)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (8) or less Failure! by 2 for 1 FP, healing 3 on Lenia.
Lenia: Luck!
Lenia: Minor Healing: [3d6.skill(17,-9)] => [1,5,2] = 8 vs (8) or less Success! by 0 for 1 FP, healing 3 on Lenia.
Lenia: Minor Healing: [3d6.skill(17,-9)] => [6,4,1] = 11 vs (8) or less Failure! by 3 for 1 FP, healing 3 on Lenia.
Lenia: Woo.
Lenia: Will: [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5
GM: That puts you at 3 hits...
Mrugnak: (( stupid question - what's the name of the Maptools room for J? ))
Mrugnak: (( I can't check without D/Cing ))
Mordreona: "Anyone else want some dried meat."
GM: He should have got the announcement...
Lenia: ((4 hits? 10-9 =1, +3 =4?))
GM: but it's the Saga of the Westmarch
GM: damage more than crippling is lost.
Mrugnak: (( we just lost Berkun ))
Berkun: Saga of the Westmarch
Lenia: Oh hey.
Lenia: Bonus.
Mordreona: ((No good))
Berkun: ((I'm back))
Lenia: No, wait, damage in excess of *severing* is lost.
Berkun: (I just checked the name)
GM: Oh.
Mrugnak: (( aha ))
Lenia: So yeah. I have 4 HP.
GM: Well, okay, you're heal 3 hits, leaving 6.
Lenia: Major Healing: [3d6.skill(16,-6)] => [1,2,1] = 4 vs (10) or less Critical Success! [B556] for 2 FP, healing 6.
Mordreona: "Can we go help Mrugnak now?"
Mordreona: ((NICE))
Mrugnak: (( well timed! ))
Mrugnak: (( so she's what, healed and has no possession any more? :D ))
GM: Well. You have a +2 on will roll against the curse until you fail a resistance roll.
Mordreona: ((so she says))
Lenia: Hooray!
Mrugnak: (( good enough :D ))
** Lenia stands. "Let's go get Mrugnak back on his feet. We'll need to come back to camp for the night, afterward." **
Mordreona: "OK, you lead."
Mrugnak: (( afk for a few minutes to sort out dinner while we handle wipe recovery... ;) ))
** Mordreona "follows" Lenia. **
Lenia: "Kaitlen, Leann, watch the camp another few minutes."
Leann: "Yes mistress."
** Mordreona smiles "You never know when I might come back" **
Kaitlen: "We will be waiting."
Lenia: Back into the dungeon!
Mrugnak: (( back ))
Narrator: As Lenia and Mordreona leave camp, a faun - mailed and carrying a staff - approaches them.
** Lenia holds up a hand to stop Mordreona. "Hail, traveler." **
** Mordreona stops. **
** Connell strides up to the pair of women and gives them both a little bow, "Hello there, couldn't help but notice you're having a little party out here." **
GM: Please change your text colors to something different. Thank you.
Mordreona: "If you only had seen us 30 min ago."
GM: Different from each other...
Connell: (( Oops, one sec. Hrm. ))
Mrugnak: (( protip, you can change your emote colour to match your chat text. ))
Mrugnak: (( same window ))
Mordreona: ((cool thanks I'll try that))
Mrugnak: (( I was like 3/4ths of the way through a plugin to do that for me when Mark found that >.> ))
Lenia: "Not much of a party, I'm afraid. Ancient tomb. Cursed altar. You're familiar, I'm sure."
GM: Carry on. You've got a tomb to loot, remember?
Connell: "Cursed, hm? That why the pretty nymph here," he gives Lenia a sly wink, "has that peculiar aura to her? Or am I just stupefied by her beauty?"
** Mordreona looks the faun up and down. **
Mordreona: "No she is stark raving mad best I can tell."
whispering to Mordreona, He's a faun. Bit of a chump, as far as you can tell. Looking for friends, not doing a good job of concealing it.
Connell: "Huh, really. They tell me maenads are real man-eaters."
Mordreona: "Say friend, you have a healing potions you could spare?"
** Lenia blinks a few times as the Faun speaks, then leans a bit closer. "Connell? Is that YOU?" **
whispering to Lenia, The faun is Connell Barleygold... you hardly recognize him in armor. and, y'know, clothing.
** Connell stops leering at Lenia long enough to actually look at her. He pauses. And blinks. "Wh - Lenia! Of all the - and you're not naked." **
Mordreona: "No good will come of this, but we need to go save Mrugnak, yes."
** Lenia blushes and coughs. "No. I'm Delving, it requires clothing. And armor. And - you can help Mrugnak!" She gestures at the entrance to the tomb. "One of my companions is badly injured, and I think he may be beyond my skill at healing. Can you help?" **
Connell: "Well, I'm always good for fixing up cuts and scrapes. And whatever else might ail you. So yes - let's go help... Mugrat? I'm sorry. That's a funny name."
Lenia: "Mrugnak. Once he's back on his feet bring him back to camp - I'm a bit worried about going inside again right now, so I'll meet you there. Mordreona, take Connell to Mrugnak."
Mordreona: "Wait until you see him."
Connell: "He has a funny face to go with it?"
Mordreona: "Sure thing follow me Connell."
** Mordreona goes back inside. **
** Connell shifts his quarterstaff to another hand, and offers Mordreona his arm, "Alright, let's get going. And you can tell me embarrassing stories about Lenia while we're on the way." **
** Connell goes along. **
** Mordreona does not take his hand. **
** Mrugnak lies limply on the dungeon floor, bleeding gently to himself. **
Mordreona: "Truth is I just meet her a week or two ago, this is as embarrassing as it gets so far."
Berkun: Berkun aims the bow at the comers
Berkun: "Did you bring her?"
Berkun: "Who is that?"
Narrator: After several minutes, Mordreona returns with Lenia and unknown faun. The faun has goat legs, heavy ram horns on his head, and curly blond hair. He's wearing a mail shirt and studded leather skirt and carrying a quarterstaff.
Mordreona: "You should call Mrugnak by that name tho he likes to be teased."
** Connell blinks, and moves over to the minotaur. "Huh, he does have a funny cow-face. But, who am I to judge..." he brushes a stray hair behind his horns, and starts examining the Minotaur. (( How much damage are we talking here? Diagnosis appropriate? )) **
Berkun: "He fought with a living statue... bashed it to bits... He's very wounded and we made him drink all our medicine"
GM: At some point a few weeks ago, he was hit repeatedly by a heavy blade and nearly killed.
Mordreona: "Look what I found."
GM: He's been healing slowly since and is still seeping blood from his wounds.
GM: Alternately, that all happened recently and people have been pouring weak healing potions down his throat.
Lenia: ((Returned with no Lenia - Lenia went back to camp, being worried about the curse and the dungeon and all.))
Mordreona: ((did Lenia come with us?))
GM: He's in a bad shape, but nothing you couldn't heal.
GM: Oh, oops.
Mordreona: ((kk))
Lenia: ((Wow. That took a while to get through.))
GM: The tomb or whatever you're in reeks of necromantic energy, and you'll be at a penalty to cast spells here. It's also unnatural.
Mordreona: "It seems to know Lenia, so we can almost trust him."
Connell: "Hmn. And we can't move him? Being in here makes everything hard." (( I'm thinking just blowing Great Healing on him, but what's the penalty in here? -4? ))
GM: The minotaur is unconscious, too.
GM: You can probably heal with with a Major, at least enough to get him moving.
GM: Penalty is -1 Druidic, -2 Healing.
Mrugnak: (( On the bright side, healing Mrugnak gets you bigger numbers for your investment. ))
Mordreona: "I still think we could drag him by the horns."
Connell: "Let's try this first." He kneels next to the minotaur, and holds his hands out, mumbling to himself. (( Major Healing, using 8 FP. [3d6.skill(16-3)] => 3d6.skill(16-3) ))
Connell: (( Oh for... [3d6] => [3,4,3] = (10)
Connell: (( There, success by 3 including the penalty. ))
Mordreona: "Berkun, Lenia seems OK but she may still be under the influence."
GM: Yep. Mrugnak heals 24 and awakens.
Mordreona: "Wow, nice work."
** Connell pats Mrugnak on the shoulder, "Good morning cousin, had a nice nap?" **
GM: (5 minute break while Emily and Jeremy figure out how to get Jeremy on maptools)
Berkun: "Keep her tied up, I rather not risk a mad sorceress."
Mordreona: " That did not go so well, her guards want to kill me now, she may too for that mater."
Mordreona: "In fact I think she said she would if I "helped" any more."
Mordreona: ((afk a sec too))
Berkun: Berkun twitches
Berkun: "Should we expect trouble when we emerge?"
Mrugnak: Guys, can you hold your water? Connell is right here, but his player is busy.
Berkun: "Goat-man, can you help us a second time? The sorceress Lenia is cursed and not herself..."
Berkun: "But we can't kill or abandon her, after all."
Berkun: OK
Mordreona: ((back))
Mordreona: "Whats the worse that could happen?"
GM: hang on - i want Jeremy on maptools before we continue.
Connell: (( Problem should be fixed momentarily. ))
Mrugnak: (( he was using the wrong version. Silly. ))
GM: ah.
GM: okay, we're all in. Please continue, thank you for your patience.
GM: With Mrugnak moving under his own power, you head back to camp.
GM: What are you all doing in camp?
Mordreona: "I think it will be OK. One way to find out tho."
** Mordreona finishes her meal. **
Lenia: "Berkun, Mrugnak, Connell! I'm glad we got everything sorted."
Connell: "Hm, curses? Not so great with curses. Are you sure it's a curse? She was always a little bit wild."
Mordreona: "She seems good now."
Lenia: "No, it's a curse. The deeper into the tomb I go, the harder it is to control myself."
Connell: "Are we talking mad frenzies of stabbing? Or are you just compelled to knit?"
Berkun: "She poured her blood at the bloody baron's altar. And it cast a spell at her."
Mordreona: "I think I like this guy."
Berkun: Berkun adds grimly
** Mrugnak frowns, trying to follow this. "Lenia got bad juju?" **
GM: By the way, I will let anyone with a religion magic power attempt Exorcisms, though possibly at a penalty or less effect.
Lenia: "I tried to blow up Mordreona, then nearly froze my leg off at the thigh. So that first one, I think."
GM: Exorcism defaults from Religious Ritual or Theology at -3.
Lenia: ((And gets a bonus on the opposed roll equal to the Will of the person you're cleansing. Handy.))
** Mrugnak pokes Connell on the shoulder. "You no can fix, you no even fix you horns." **
** Connell runs a finger over a horn, "They're broken now?" **
** Mrugnak waves a hand around in a vague circular motion. "Horns all... funny." **
Lenia: "Mrugnak, his horns are supposed to be like that. Connell, shall we try to exorcize this curse? I'm warning you, though, I'm not falling for any of that 'fertility ritual' tripe this time."
** Connell pats Mrugnak on the arm, "Well, I'm shorter than you. It's to be expected, cousin." **
Mordreona: "This should be good."
Connell: "Are you sure? At least that way, you get something out of it even if it fails. Always a silver lining."
** Mrugnak thinks very very hard about this. **
Lenia: "Well, if you mess it up, you'll wake up with a knife in your kidneys."
Mrugnak: (( You can practically see the steam rising off of his head... ))
Mordreona: "Should someone be looking out for bandits or something?"
Connell: "Lenia, it'd be a dream just to die in your arms," he says, grinning, as he jabs his quarterstaff into the ground and rolls up his sleeves.
GM: Roll Theology or Ritual -3, +16 for Lenia's Will.
** Mordreona steps into the "brush" and hides. **
Mordreona: Stealth (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (17) or less Success! by 4
Connell: [3d6.skill(12,+13)] => 3d6.skill(12,+13)
Lenia: "Berkun, Mrugnak, keep an eye out for those thieves."
Mrugnak: do /dieroller gurps
Connell: [3d6.skill(12,+13)] => [6,5,6] = 17 vs (25) or less Failure! [B556]
Connell: (( Ooh, critfail. ))
Mrugnak: "Thieves? Thieves! Grrr."
Lenia: . . .
GM: You have 5 CP. spend for a reroll?
** Mrugnak starts looking around for the bastiches who stole his gold. **
Mordreona: ((that went well))
Mrugnak: (( not a critfail. ))
Mrugnak: (( your effective skill was high enough. Autofail though. ))
Mrugnak: (( it'll tell you when you crit :D ))
Connell: (( It costs 1 to reroll, right? And, I think yes. ))
GM: 1 to reroll. go for it.
** Connell gets distracted by Lenia's ... Lenianess, but marshals his will! [3d6.skill(12,13] => 3d6.skill(12,13 **
Lenia: ((Welcome to the game, Connell. Fix your dice.))
Connell: [3d6.skill(12,+13)] => [2,6,2] = 10 vs (25) or less Success! by 15
Demon: The curse resists! [3d6.skill(22,-15)] => [6,6,2] = 14 vs (7) or less Failure! by 7
Mrugnak: (( she's got vast tracts of land to distract a druid with ))
Narrator: Connell spends 3 hours, singing and flinging incense around, rubbing dirt and leaves on himself and Lenia, and generally doing weird druidic things.
Narrator: At the end of it, Lenia's hair stands on end again. Black mist shoots from her eyes and evaporates in the sun.
Narrator: Her hair falls back into its usual artfully artless state.
** Mrugnak probably got bored of looking for the thieves and watched the entertainment. **
Lenia: "That is much better. Thank you, Connell."
** Mrugnak gawps. **
** Connell flicks a leaf off his shoulder, "Always a pleasure." **
GM: Now what?
** Connell looks around at the other women, "Anyone else feeling... cursed?" **
** Mrugnak pokes at his broken horn. **
** Mordreona stays out of sight. **
Leann: "No, we know of your cures, good faun. Not while on the job, thank you!"
Lenia: "I say we rest for the night with secure watches, take care of all our wounds, and then go for that last door in the morning when we're feeling bright and fresh."
Berkun: "Fine here. You were a real blessing to us, Faun"
Kaitlen: "Aye, we may speak to you again in town. Here, we are dutiful."
Ricka: Ricka looks tempted.
** Lenia makes gestures to Leann behind Connell's back to the effect that she should DEFINITELY look the Faun up when they get back to town. **
GM: okay...
GM: I said, what now?
Lenia: ((I proposed my plan.))
** Mrugnak shrugs. "Dat sound good. You OK now, Len-eea?" **
** Mordreona steps out of hiding, sounds good I'll take first watch." **
Lenia: "I'm fine, yes, Mrugnak. Thank you."
GM: The night passes uneventfully. People are healed to full strength. Breakfast the next morning.
Lenia: Back to the tomb!
Mordreona: "Sounds good."
Narrator: The delvers lead Connell through the guard rooms, through a large hole in the wall, and over a series of doors laid carefully on the floor.
** Mrugnak heads back to the goshed tomb. **
Mrugnak: "Dat hurty floor."
Mrugnak: "It smart."
Narrator: Then they take him past a dark altar, full of evil energy, and thread their way through some pendulums with heavy copper cutting blades.
** Connell gives the altar the finger when he thinks nobody is looking. **
Mrugnak: "Mrugnak smash dat!"
Mrugnak: "Smashed der stone man dat go round and round and round and round..."
Narrator: The last room has a shattered statue, strangely wearing bronze armor, lying on the floor. A dead Siege Beast lies nearby.
Connell: (( So, Mrugnak took the Tour Guide lens? ))
** Mrugnak frowns darkly. "Man hurt Berkun." **
Narrator: Two large, vault-like reinforced doors block the way north.
Mrugnak: (( god help you all. ))
** Mrugnak brightens up again. "But he smashed good." **
Mordreona: "Guess thats me."
** Mordreona looks over the doors for traps. **
Mordreona: Traps/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,5,3] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1
Berkun: "I got him, though!"
whispering to Mordreona, No traps.
Berkun: Berkun sneers with satisfaction
Mordreona: "Looks clean."
Lenia: "As you can see, we've been busy."
Berkun: (how much are we healed, by the way?)
GM: Completely.
** Mordreona tries to open the doors. **
GM: They're locked.
** Mordreona starts to pick the locks. **
Connell: "Very. I think Mrugnak's version should be made into a poem."
GM: Roll lockpicking -6.
Mordreona: Lockpicking/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
GM: You fail to pick the locks. You can try again at -2.
Mordreona: "Hmm this could take a while."
Mordreona: I try again taking my time. ((-7?))
GM: -5 total.
Mordreona: Lockpicking/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,-5)] => [3,6,1] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1 Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
GM: you succeed exactly with your fine lockpicks.
Narrator: Mordreona grimaces and curses, then sighs in satisfaction as the last tumbler drops.
** Mordreona steps back, all you now Mrugnak." **
GM: and?
** Mrugnak hefts his wrecking ball, and cleverly leaves his other hand free to open doors. **
Narrator: The double doors open into a large rectangular room. The black stone walls are carved with gold-lined runs telling the Baron's biography. In the center of the room lies a stone bier and coffin, similar to the one in the false tomb but more ornate.
Lenia: "Seems we'll be prying much of our loot off the walls..."
** Mordreona starts into the room looking for traps. **
Mrugnak: "Ooo! Shiny!
Mordreona: Traps/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [3,3,3] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5
whispering to Mordreona, You don't find any.
Mrugnak: ... is my left hand still glowing?
** Mrugnak readies his trusty axe in his off hand before someone smites him unexpectedly. **
Mordreona: "Looks safe."
GM: Yes, for like another 3-4 days.
Lenia: ((yeah.))
Lenia: [2d6] => [3,4] = (7)
GM: 6 days.
Mrugnak: (( very shiny ))
** Mordreona walks into the room. **
Narrator: Moldering tapestries adorn the back wall, along with what were once prize furs but are now, well, disgusting.
Narrator: Below them is are some wood stands and paintings, and a small chest.
** Lenia follows Mordreona at a careful distance, and readies herself for a fight. "Some things you can't take with you... but I sense a malevolent power here. Be on your guard." **
GM: Move your tokens as you see fit.
Mordreona: "Let me look this chest over first."
Lenia: ((I don't actually see my token.))
Mordreona: ((I have a green map))
Connell: (( Same here ... oop, now it's black.
GM: better?
** Mrugnak keeps his weapons readied, but wanders into the room. **
Mrugnak: (( you folks can change what map you're on by clicking on the globe in the top right corner. ))
Mordreona: ((No good here all black))
Mrugnak: scroll right.
Lenia: ((Still nothing. If you're seeing all black, move the map view to the right, or zoom out.))
Connell: (( Mine's loading. ))
Lenia: ((I see the map, but not the tokens.))
Mordreona: ((same, loading))
Mordreona: ((k got it now))
Mrugnak: (( can you see your token in the map explorer list? ))
Lenia: ((I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting.))
Connell: (( Aha! Visible now. ))
Mordreona: ((no token tho))
Mrugnak: (( You can double click on your token in the map explorer to center on yourself, btw. ))
Connell: (( I will find a less lame token eventually. ))
Mrugnak: (( you already have one. ))
Connell: (( BTW: google image search and "satyr"? Bad combo. ))
Connell: (( Oh! Much better. ))
Mordreona: ((I see the map but no tokens))
Mrugnak: (( map blinked ))
Mordreona: ((good to go now))
Lenia: ((AHA!))
GM: a bunch of you had stale aliases. sorry about that.
Mrugnak: (( that sounds promising! ))
GM: everyone good?
Lenia: ((Perfect. Thank you.))
Connell: (( I saw tokens... and then I lost them
** Mordreona looks for traps on the chest, I take my time. **
Mordreona: Traps/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3
GM: You don't find any traps.
whispering to Berkun, Hello?
** Mordreona tries to open it up. **
** Mordreona holds her breath. **
GM: It's locked.
Mordreona: ((the map keeps zooming in on me ))
Lenia: "Mrugnak - is the tomb sealed?"
** Mordreona takes her time and picks the lock. **
** Mrugnak wanders over to the tomb and sniffs at it. **
Mordreona: Lockpicking/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [6,4,1] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3 Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
GM: It opens. You see a small smattering of silver and copper coins - maybe a pound or two in total.
whispering to Mrugnak, It smells of steel and flesh.
** Mordreona backs away, loot in here guys. **
Mrugnak: "Smell fresh."
Berkun: "Pull it out with a huge spoon, i say."
** Mrugnak gives the sarcophagus lid an experimental shove with the knuckles of one fist. **
Berkun: "Piles of coins are a great place to hide a trap in!"
Lenia: "Okay. Coinage. But that's not nearly what I expected. Anyone in favor of opening the sarcophagus?"
Mordreona: "Why do you think I backed up. Oh, did I say that out loud."
Connell: "I think Mrugnak's way ahead of you, Lenia."
Mordreona: "Sure I'll look it over."
** Mordreona looks for traps on the sarcophagus. **
Berkun: "I think we should do it from afar..."
Mrugnak: Was it loose enough to move with a shove, or will this take opposable thumbs?
Mordreona: Traps/TL3 (14) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,6,5] = 16 vs (14) or less Failure! by 2
GM: It's solidly wedged on.
GM: And Mordreona found no traps.
Mordreona: "No traps here."
Berkun: "And wait, that would be the BARON's sarcophagus?"
GM: You'll need at least 1 hand.
Berkun: Berkun pulls out a vial of alchemist fire...
** Mrugnak drops his axe on the chain lanyard, and uses his free hand to try to lift/shove the lid. **
Berkun: Kneeling, bow and arrow on the ground, flask in hand
Narrator: Mrugnak strains to lift the lid. After a few moments, it gives way quite easily. The corpse of a man in heavy armor, wearing a shield and carrying a sword, sits up and punches Mrugnak.
Lenia: "Here we go again..."
Mrugnak: (( with the shield? ))
Berkun: "Move away! I'll BURN HIM!"
Mordreona: "At least there were no traps."
GM: No, with his sword hand. Defend at -2, you're slightly surprised.
Connell: "How long has he been waiting to do that I wonder?"
Lenia: "There may be valuable treasure in there, Berkun - hold your fire."
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) parry [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [6,2,2] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
Mrugnak: I would like to try to hurt him.
Mrugnak: with great prejudice.
GM: hang on. combat starts in just a second.
GM: Mrugnak, how is your flail parry a 14?
Mrugnak: Skill 22 with that weapon helps a lot.
Mrugnak: (+1 for the perk, +1 for balanced)
Mrugnak: [22/2+3] => 14
Mrugnak: I just don't get to parry much.
Berkun: (how large is an alchemist fire explosion?)
Mrugnak: On account of being crazy-go-nuts :D
Connell: (( Crapcrapcrap I need to switch computers very fast, I'll BRB, my speed is 6.5 for reference brb ))
GM: Don't flails have a parry penalty?
Lenia: No. They're U weapons.
Mrugnak: They MAKE other people take parries.
Mrugnak: But mine's dwarven, so the U doesn't count.
Lenia: But it's a Dwarven flail so it isn't U, either.
whispering to Berkun, This is another ghul of some kind. It's touch can paralyze and being near it will drain your energy. But it should burn nicely!
whispering to Lenia, You're not quite sure what kind of undead this is, but you suspect it's a wraith. You think you can see a gold chain at the neck of the armor - likely the wraith amulet. Removing that may kill it.
GM: Oh, my bad. okay.
GM: Do we still have Connell around? No? I'll pick him up later.

<
1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mrugnak: (( he'll be back shortly. ))
Mrugnak: (( whew ))
The Baron: Stands and punches Mrugnak again [3d6.skill(18, 1-4)] => [6,3,2] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4 deceptive -4/-2
Mrugnak: So, I just parried a bare handed attack, and would like to hurt his hand as a consequence.
Mrugnak: I get to do that before he does the punchy thing again.
GM: Good point, try it.
Mrugnak: Did he use Judo or Karate?
GM: Nope.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [3d6.skill(22,0)] => [6,5,4] = 15 vs (22) or less Success! by 7
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [2,4,4,6,3] = (19) cr (Armor Divisor 2)
Mrugnak: Smarsh!
GM: You smash his hand quite hard, but he's wearing heavy plate and doesn't seem to be badly effected. He punches you again - still at -2 to defend.
Lenia: "This is no normal undead creature! I suspect a wraith - the gold chain 'round his neck may be what binds him to our world. We have to get it off him... somehow..."
Mrugnak: Yep.
Mrugnak: -4 for second parry, which I'm doing!
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) parry [3d6.skill(14,-2-4)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (8) or less Failure! by 3
Mrugnak: I get punched!
GM: Okay, the punch does [2d6] => [4,6] = (10) crushing damage, armor protects. The Deathtouch spell does [3d6] => [4,3,4] = (11) damage, armor does not protect.
GM: Roll for beserk.
Narrator: Black energy rolls off the Baron's fist as he punches Mrugnak.
Mrugnak: 4 damage crushing, 11 Deathtouch injury. total 15, half my HP wee! Berserk [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3
knockdown/stunning [3d6.skill(13,3)] => [6,3,2] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5 Includes +3 for HPT.

** Mrugnak goes crazy-go-nuts! **
whispering to Connell, You're not quite sure what kind of undead this is, but you suspect it's a wraith. You think you can see a gold chain at the neck of the armor - likely the wraith amulet. Removing that may kill it.
Lenia: "Oh, for the love of --"
GM: Mordreona, your action.
** Mordreona steps back. "Kill it Mrugnak." **
Mordreona: ##

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Lenia: "Mordreona! We need to get the necklace off him!"
Mrugnak: (( Connell will need ownership of his token. ))
Berkun: aim - prepare to throw the fire flask at the baron
Mordreona: "Crap, that's my job?"
GM: Okay.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[26]<b> Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

whispering to Connell, You should have your token.
** Connell raises a hand and mumbles a prayer to the sky. (( Readying Lightning Bolt: [3d6.skill(16,-1)] => [1,1,3] = 5 vs (15) or less Critical Success! by 10 [B556] 4 dice. )) **
GM: Nice.
Connell: (( Oooh. Crit effect is what, just free charge this round? ))
Connell: (( Hm, fixing colour. ))
GM: Free charge, any suggestions for another effect?
Lenia: ((Bonus to-hit?))
Mordreona: ((neckless falls off))
Mrugnak: (( it already penetrates metal... stun works on undead? :D ))
Mrugnak: (( Gives him a seizure! ))
Mrugnak: (( like electrocuting frogs in biology class. ))
GM: We'll see a bonus to hit - you count as aiming for 2 rounds.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Connell: (( Lightning has accuracy of 3.. so +5? ))
Mrugnak: And me with my second hand empty. Poot.
whispering to Connell, You get +2 per round of aiming, to a max of Acc+6, so +4.
** Mrugnak smashes the Baron! All out attack for accuracy. Morning star to the torso, -10/-5 deceptive attack. **
GM: oh, right, berserker. go for it.
Mrugnak: and he's at an additional -4 to parry because flail. yay!
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) parry [3d6.skill(14,+4-10)] => [3,3,1] = 7 vs (8) or less Success! by 1
Mrugnak: ... not parry.
Mrugnak: Attack.
Mrugnak: Succeeded anyways!
Mrugnak: Just by... 9 instead of 1.
The Baron: Blocks with his shield nonetheless [3d6.skill(16,4-2-5)] => [5,4,6] = 15 vs (13) or less Failure! by 2
The Baron: well.
Mrugnak: Huvudet-krossat-i (Morningstar) [4d6+3] => [3,5,6,3,3] = (20) cr (Armor Divisor 2)
Mrugnak: Rawr.
Narrator: Mrugnak's blow wraps over the baron's shield and slams into his body with killing force. The red lights of his eyes behind his mask do not even waver.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [33] The Baron)

Mordreona: "Harder you sissy hit him like you have a pair."
Lenia: Step along the Baron's flank, and charge her staff with electrical energy.
Lenia: Shocking Touch: [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [6,3,6] = 15 vs (14) or less Failure! by 1 for 2 FP (3d+3 damage)
Lenia: ...Or not.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[33]<b> The Baron
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

The Baron: "Away from my tomb, despoilers! You have sealed your fate!"
Berkun: "Lead him away from the tomb!"
The Baron: Steps out of the coffin and strikes rapidly at Mrugnak's arm [3d6.skill(24,4-2-3)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (23) or less Success! by 12 [3d6.skill(24,4-2-3)] => [2,2,6] = 10 vs (23) or less Success! by 13 (telegraphed)
The Baron: Damage is [3d6+10] => [6,5,5,10] = (26)[3d6+10] => [4,2,4,10] = (20)
GM: I get two crippling blows to your right arm, Mrugnak. Look right to you?
Narrator: The baron's blows are lightning fast, almost removing Mrugnak's arm in two places. The minotaur's flail drops to the ground.
Mrugnak: Yep, although I'm half remembering something funny about being crippled while berserk, just looking it up.
Mrugnak: Nah, that's just SD. Continue!
Mrugnak: So I take... 15 and 15, yes
Mrugnak: ?
Narrator: 16 and 16, actually - over 1/2.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Lenia: ((16 and 16. Mark, you were right earlier - you can't take more in a single blow than the crippling threshold, which is half-HP plus one.))
Mrugnak: (( gotcha ))
Mordreona: I try to move with out him seeing me.
Mordreona: Stealth (17) [3d6.skill(17,0)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (17) or less Success! by 4
GM: You're at -10 for a lack of cover.
GM: or something like that.
Mordreona: K ###
GM: He's ignoring you for now.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [26] Connell)

** Mrugnak makes a death check [3d6.skill(13,+4)] => [6,3,5] = 14 vs (17) or less Success! by 3 - +4 for being berserk. **
Mrugnak: (( woo berserker bonus. ))
Berkun: "Mrugnak, move away from him!" (heh, that won't help:) )
GM: you're not dead yet - -17 is less than -30.
Mrugnak: Oh, no, consciousness check. Same roll.
Berkun: Berkun moves a step closer and aims even more
Berkun: (can I take more than 2 rounds of aim?
Berkun: )
GM: okay.
Mrugnak: (( sorry. mental mathed 32 damage to -32 somehow. ))
Mordreona: ((no it is more))
GM: You're kneeling - move 1 hex only.
Berkun: yes
GM: you can aim to Acc+6.
GM: so 1 more round.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[26]<b> Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: ok
** Connell unleashes a crackling bolt of lightning at the Baron's necklace, and moves over closer to the battered minotaur. (( To hit neck, +4 aiming: [3d6.skill(15,-1)] => [6,2,4] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2 . [4d6-4] => [3,3,5,5,-4] = (12) damage on real hit. )) **


The Baron: Blocks the lightning with his shield [3d6.skill(16,4)] => [4,2,4] = 10 vs (20) or less Success! by 10
Lenia: ((Metal shield?))
GM: A little. Some damage will leak through.
Mrugnak: Metal DR is reduced to small vs lightning?
The Baron: Lightning crackles around the Baron's armor, but is absorbed.
Connell: (( Metal is DR1 against lightning, but it means I miss the neck for sure. ))
Narrator: Lightning crackles around the Baron's armor, but is absorbed.
GM: His shield isn't entirely metal - I checked my notes.
Connell: (( Yeah, figured. ))

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

** Mrugnak howls in fury and headbutts the Baron with his horns! **
GM: Yikes!
Mrugnak: well, "Gores" really.
Berkun: "Mrugnak, enemies coming from behind! Leave the baron to us and go fight them!"
Mrugnak: Determined, Deceptive -6/-3 for powering through defenses.
GM: okay.
Mrugnak: to the torso btw
Mrugnak: Striker (Horns; Impaling) [3d6.skill(15,+4-6)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
The Baron: Parry with sword [3d6.skill(16,4-3)] => [5,2,3] = 10 vs (17) or less Success! by 7
GM: Can't damage a striker, right?
Mrugnak: Strikers count as weapons :D
Mrugnak: yar.
GM: 'kay.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [33] The Baron)

Mrugnak: ***
Lenia: Another step around the Baron, and we're going to try Frostbite. Even though I'm pretty sure it won't work.
GM: Roll it.
Lenia: Frostbite: [3d6.skill(20,-3)] => [2,2,6] = 10 vs (17) or less Success! by 7 vs HT.
GM: Immunity to Metabolic Hazards.
Lenia: Figured.
GM: Heh.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[33]<b> The Baron
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

The Baron: "All of you will die!" Steps to Connell and rapid strikes - 1 blow to connell [3d6.skill(24,-8-3)] => [3,5,5] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0 DA -8/-4
the other to Mrugnak's leg [3d6.skill(24,1-2)] => [1,3,6] = 10 vs (23) or less Success! by 13

The Baron: Damage to the leg is [3d6+10] => [2,1,6,10] = (19)
Connell: Connell hurriedly tries to parry with his staff! [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [6,2,2] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Mrugnak: [(19-6)*1.5] => 19.5
GM: You fail by 4 - he took a deceptive attack. want to do something else since you may not have noticed that?
Mrugnak: Oh, capped to 16 huzzah
GM: Mrugnak's leg buckles and he falls. Faceup? [1d2] => [2] = (2)
Lenia: ((Deceptive -8/4 means he failed by 1? Feverish parry will do the job?))
** Mrugnak makes that death check. [3d6.skill(13,+4)] => [3,4,3] = 10 vs (17) or less Success! by 7 **
Connell: (( Uh... yes, yes I probably do. One sec while I check something. ))
GM: I'll allow a feverish parry for an extra fatigue.
Connell: (( Sounds good to me.
Narrator: Connell grunts and barely deflects the Baron's lightning fast blow.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Lenia: "Berkun! Mordreona! Get in the fight, before he kills us all!"
Mordreona: I move and AoA (+4 to hit) for the back of his neck(the necklace if I can see it) it is telegraphed.
Lenia: ((I recommend not AoAing. He'll carve you into pieces.))
Mordreona: (he will anyway))
Lenia: ((Telegraph the neck from behind, should be enough?))
Berkun: (you're good at dodging)
Berkun: (don't waste it!)
GM: Heh! I'll allow it. Pickpocket versus chinks in torso armor, roll at a net 0.
GM: Or -4 if you don't all-out attack, in which case this will need to be a Move and Attack/Heroic Charge.
Mordreona: Shortsword (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [5,1,1] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8
Mordreona: yeah heroic charge sounds best
Lenia: ((Roll Pickpocket, not Shortsword?))
Mordreona: Pickpocket (15) [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [3,2,1] = 6 vs (15) or less Success! by 9 Includes: +1 from User; Conditional: +1 from 'High Manual Dexterity' when performing DX-based tasks
GM: okay.
GM: You end up in close combat with the Baron, grabbing his necklace.
GM: Contest of ST to pull it off him, you are at +1 every round.
GM: Roll ST.
Mordreona: ST (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,4,5] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
The Baron: Resist losing his necklace [3d6.skill(19,-3)] => [1,3,5] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7
GM: It's wedged deep, but you have a grip on it now. If you can live long enough to take advantage of that...
GM: What weapon do you have out?
Mordreona: 1 short sword
GM: okay. You're in close combat, by the way.
Mordreona: K
Berkun: but she's behind him, right?
GM: Yes, she's definitely behind him.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Berkun: so if I get a direct hit from the front, she won't be splashed with the fire?
GM: She'll get some of it, but he'll shield her from the worst.
Berkun: okay. I stand up and throw
GM: I'll call it half damage.
GM: Roll it.
Berkun: throwing is DX-3, I get +2 for aiming and -1 for range
GM: You aimed twice, +4.
Mordreona: ((don't worry about me I have been on fire before, oh wait that was acid.))
Berkun: [3d6.skill(11,+4,-1)] => 3d6.skill(11,+4,-1)
Berkun: [3d6.skill(11,+4-1)] => [6,5,1] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Berkun: got him
Mrugnak: DR protects from alchemists' fire by 1/5th IIRC?
GM: Right.
Berkun: direct hit won't spread into other hexes and will continue to burn, provided he can be burned
The Baron: Blocks with his shield [3d6.skill(16,4)] => [2,6,2] = 10 vs (20) or less Success! by 10
Lenia: 1d/sec for 30 sec, DR protects at 1/5, and good lord that's a high block score.
GM: His shield is on fire.
GM: That can't possibly be good.
Mrugnak: (( Oh great. Now we have BURNING zombies. ))
Berkun: well, a mixed blessing
Connell: (( Well, he's the Bloody Baron, not the Pinched Peasant. ))
Berkun: sort of
GM: Uhm. Everyone takes normal burning damage, while adjacent to him. Including him. Mordreona still takes half for being sheltered.
Mrugnak: But it's not armor penetrating?
GM: No, it's not. He should get some benefit for blocking.
Connell: (( Salamander Necklace should protect me from this, I think? Or is it special fire? ))
GM: Salamander necklace definitely protects you. Good choice in magic gear!

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[26]<b> Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Narrator: The tongues of flame around Connell are simply absorbed into the necklace he wears.
Lenia: "Handy toy, Connell, now get back!"
** Connell steps close to the Baron, ignoring the heat as the shield blazes. He raises a hand and says, "Let's fan these flames! Winds, rage for me now!" (( Shape Air, blowing 10 points to make a nice blast - 5d knockback along a 50y line between me and the Baron. [3d6.skill(16,-1)] => [1,6,3] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5 )) **
Lenia: ((But we have an ally in that hex as well, who's holding onto the Baron's necklace, and we'd like to not have her ripped away?))
Lenia: ((Oh, I give up.))
Connell: (( She can hold on really hard, right? >.> ))
Berkun: (you make a wall of air, I can't shoot the baron)
Berkun: (great coordination we've got!:) )
Mrugnak: (( we've got co-ordination? ))
Mrugnak: (( I never noticed :D ))
Connell: (( I just want to knock him over so he stops swording people >.> ))
GM: Uhm. He'll dodge it [3d6.skill(10,-2)] => [6,4,1] = 11 vs (8) or less Failure! by 3
GM: Damage is what?
Connell: 5d knockback.
GM: Roll it.
Connell: [5d6] => [4,1,1,1,1] = (8)
Connell: (( FACE PALM. ))
Connell: (( And it stays that way for a minute. >< ))>
Narrator: A stiff breeze fans the flames.
Lenia: ((Congratulations, you don't even knock over Mordreona.))

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Connell: "Uh. Hmn. That... was not as dramatic as I wanted."
GM: Death and consciousness checks.
Mrugnak: Made the death check upstream when stabbed?
GM: So you did, sorry was busy.
Mrugnak: Consciousness! [3d6.skill(13,+4)] => [1,2,1] = 4 vs (17) or less Critical Success! [B556]
Mrugnak: 'sokay
Mrugnak: Dice forgive you :D
GM: No more consciousness checks until you take more damage.
GM: Not much of a bennie, really.
** Mrugnak is boyed by his fury. **
GM: buoyed?
Lenia: I was gonna say, shouldn't take long.
Mrugnak: that.
Mrugnak: like what I said, but with more letters.
** Mrugnak gores the gottdam baron in the calf. **
GM: Well. Okay.
GM: You're on his flank.
Lenia: ((Which way is he facing? NW?))
GM: Toward Connell.
GM: SW.
Mrugnak: Determined, +4, posture, -4, location, -2, any bonus to target the leg, considering it's right here?
GM: No.
Mrugnak: Striker (Horns; Impaling) [3d6.skill(15,+4-4-2)] => [6,5,1] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
The Baron: Dodge [3d6.skill(10,-2)] => [1,6,6] = 13 vs (8) or less Failure! by 5
** Mrugnak cheers **
Mrugnak: Striker (Horns; Impaling) [2d6+4] => [2,3,4] = (9) imp
Narrator: Frothing and bleeding, Mrugnak spins and rams his horns into the baron's leg armor.
Mrugnak: which doesn't do nearly as much to the leg of an undead monster. But I feel better.
GM: You fail to penetrate the magically reinforced dwarven steel and magically reinforced skin beneath.
GM: You do, however, take [1d6-1] => [3,-1] = (2) fire damage, armor protects normally.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [33] The Baron)

Lenia: Blur (5 points) on Mordreona: [3d6.skill(17,-3)] => [3,6,2] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3 costing 4 FP (-5 to attackers' rolls)
GM: Interesting.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[33]<b> The Baron
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

Mordreona: ((she just wants to kill me herself later is all :) ))
The Baron: "Stop that!" Step to the side, pulling Mordreona with him [3d6.skill(19,0)] => [1,2,3] = 6 vs (19) or less Critical Success! by 13 [B556]
GM: I was going to say you could resist, but he's strong and fast.
The Baron: Turns to put Mordreona to the wall.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mordreona: can I try to grab it again?
Mordreona: I can move 9 to run around him
GM: You still have it, you just need to pull it off of him. but it's wedged under his armor. Resisted strength check, you're at +1.
Mordreona: I use a FP and drop my sword so I can use both hands.
GM: Okay, that's give you +4 in total.
Mordreona: ST (13) [3d6.skill(13,4)] => [4,3,6] = 13 vs (17) or less Success! by 4
The Baron: "My amulet!" [3d6.skill(19,-4)] => [2,4,3] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Mordreona: (&@#%))
GM: You're getting a better grip on it, at least.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[27]<b> Berkun
(on deck: [26] Connell)

Berkun: step back, crouch
Berkun: (so to pick up the bow)
GM: Sure, that's fine. You have the bow if you can make a Bow -7 roll.
Berkun: [3d6] => [6,1,4] = (11)
Berkun: exactly by 0:)
GM: You step back, carefully apply a foot to your bow, and flip it into your hands.
GM: No, you're at +1 - the Bow is bonded, remember?
GM: THe one time he forgets !
Lenia: ((Are Mordreona's feet on the ground, or is she hanging on the Baron's back?))
GM: She's half on him, being dragged.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[26]<b> Connell
(on deck: [24] Mrugnak)

Berkun: great
Mordreona: Yeah great.
** Connell steps away from the Baron, and lays a hand on Mrugnak, "C'mon cousin, get back in there and distract that zombie." Green light sparkles around his hand as he incants a blessing. (( Major Healing, spending 8 points from power item, so 24 healed if I don't critfail this oh god [3d6.skill(16,-1)] => [4,4,3] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4 )) **
Lenia: ((There's an extra penalty on healing here for the awesome aura of necromancy. =())
GM: yes, you're at -5 for healing spells in this room.
Mrugnak: (( how big is it here? ))
GM: so fail.
Lenia: Spend 1 FP.
Mrugnak: Hm. 1 cp to buy a success? He can have one of mine...
GM: Up to him.
Connell: (( Sure, why not. ))
GM: okay, arm [1d2] => [1] = (1)
GM: No, no recovery of crippling until all damage is gone. my bad.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Mrugnak
(on deck: [24] Lenia)

Lenia: Crawl! >.>
Mrugnak: Yup.
Mrugnak: 1/3 movement, so yay.
GM: Air blast! [5d6] => [2,1,4,4,2] = (13)
Mrugnak: Mrugnak has many Hache Pees and Ess Tees.
Narrator: The roaring wind ripples Mrugnak's hair as he determinely crawls toward the Baron.
Mrugnak: He is not phased by knockback.
Mrugnak: So move of 2, because berserkers aren't at hafl move form hp loss yay
GM: You end up at the Baron's feet.
Mrugnak: Slam with horns.
Mrugnak: because yeah.
GM: Doh!
Mrugnak: Determined, +4.
Mrugnak: Crawling, -4, any penalty for hit location for a slam?
Mrugnak: Gotta be easier to knock him off his feet from down here.
GM: Nope. You're big enough to hit his torso.
Mrugnak: Striker (Horns; Impaling) [3d6.skill(15,+4-4)] => [4,2,4] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
The Baron: Block [3d6.skill(16,4)] => [6,3,3] = 12 vs (20) or less Success! by 8
The Baron: Shield breaks? [1d6] => [3] = (3)
The Baron: (it's a fine shield, ironically)
Mrugnak: Mrugnak coils his good leg beneath him and launches himself at the Baron, but the undead warrior shoves him back with his shield.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Lenia
(on deck: [33] The Baron)

Lenia: Apportation: [3d6.skill(17,-4)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2 to help Mordreona take the necklace away. Not rolling individually, just boosting her ST if I can.
The Baron: Resists! [3d6.skill(14,-2)] => [6,5,3] = 14 vs (12) or less Failure! by 2
GM: You start tugging on the necklace, giving Mordreona another +1 to pull it out.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[33]<b> The Baron
(on deck: [28] Morderona)

The Baron: Throw Mordreona off (wrestling escape!) [3d6.skill(19,0)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (19) or less Success! by 9
GM: Mordreona, resist with ST-4.
Mordreona: ST (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [2,2,3] = 7 vs (13) or less Success! by 6
Mordreona: can i use dx or brawling?
Berkun: yeah:)
GM: Nope.
Mordreona: ST (13) [3d6.skill(13,-4)] => [2,6,4] = 12 vs (9) or less Failure! by 3
The Baron: The Baron tries to shake off Mordreona but fails.
Mrugnak: Second roll was for tugging?
Mordreona: sorry for the reroll
GM: Why did you reroll?
GM: Okay.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Morderona
(on deck: [27] Berkun)

Mrugnak: oh.
Mordreona: I hit the wrong screen
Mordreona: I pull using a FP
Mrugnak: Oooh, extra effort!
Mordreona: ST (13) [3d6.skill(13,+5)] => [4,1,5] = 10 vs (18) or less Success! by 8
Mordreona: I think that is correct
GM: okay. Nope, another +1 for Lenia.
Mordreona: with Lenia+1
Lenia: +2 for 2 rounds of tugging, +1 for Apportation, +4 more for Extra Effort + Both Hands?
Mordreona: ah so by 9
Berkun: is Mordreona on his back kat the moment?
GM: It should be +2 over last round, as she used both hands and extra effort then.
GM: Yes, more or less.
The Baron: Resist losing his necklace. [3d6.skill(19,-9)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (10) or less Failure! by 3
** Mrugnak cheers. **
Berkun: how hard does that make shooting him?
Mordreona: ((until some spell goes off and kills us all))
Narrator: With a snap, Mordreona pulls the necklace free. The Baron's eyes dull immediately, and his corpse drops to the ground. A cloud of stinking dust sprays out from his armor as his ancient body decomposes in moments.
GM: Combat is maybe over?
Berkun: "h... hah?"
GM: Roll, Mrugnak.
Berkun: Berkun freezes, surprised
Mrugnak: Survival! [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [2,5,4] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
Mrugnak: I live!
GM: Yes, are you still beserk?
Mrugnak: Oh, right. woops.
Mrugnak: Crazy-Go-Nuts! [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,1,1] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
Mrugnak: Nope!
Mrugnak: Can I keep the survival check? it should be vs 13, not 12. >.>
Mrugnak: but I won either way so woo
GM: Sure.
Mrugnak: not dead
Mrugnak: yay
Mrugnak: Consciousness! [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [3,3,3] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
Narrator: Mrugnak calms down almost immediately, and contemplates the blood pouring from his right side limbs.
Mrugnak: And I'm awake enough to complain about it!
** Lenia relaxes, leaning heavily on her staff. "I told you we needed to get his necklace." **
Mrugnak: "Dat ... ow. Mrugnak using those."
Connell: "I think we should take all this stuff and put it out in the sun for a while."
Mordreona: "Wow it worked"
Mrugnak: Crippling, arm! [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (13) or less Failure! by 2
Crippling, leg! [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5

Lenia: ((Lasting Crippling Injury to the arm! 1d months.))
Mordreona: "maybe we should see to Mrugnak."
Connell: (( Having gotten a 24-point heal doesn't help him there? ))
** Mordreona starts to first aid Mrugnak. **
GM: Nope, he needs to be fully healed before the end of the fight.
Connell: "Outside, if we can. Mrugnak's a big fellow, takes a lot of work."
Mrugnak: (( necromancy aura any better now? ))
Lenia: ((no.))
GM: The necromancy aura is still as strong as ever.
Mordreona: "what do I/we do with this necklace?"
Mrugnak: (( OK, NOBODY BLEED ON THE ALTER ))
Mrugnak: *altar
Mrugnak: (( don't bleed on it. ))
Mrugnak: (( the necklace. ))
GM: You could put it on!
Mrugnak: (( I'd say in general "Don't bleed" but I'm doing that already. ))
Mordreona: "hmm."
Connell: "Melt it down and make coins, and spend them in as many different places as possible?"
Lenia: "Put it with the rest of the treasure for now. Once we get Mrugnak safely to camp we'll need to cart all of this out of here."
Mordreona: "May I keep it."
GM: It's a very nice gold amulet.
** Mordreona puts it in her pocket. **
GM: Worth a lot of money.
Lenia: "We can figure out its value and take it from your share. Don't put it on. I don't think you'd like the potential results."
GM: No, it's cool! It gives you Supernatural Durability.
Lenia: "Berkun, Connell, can we fashion some kind of stretcher? I've got a sturdy tent back at camp, and we have long staves..."
Mordreona: "Oh not on my neck but..."
GM: Best advantage ever!
Mordreona: "er never mind"
Lenia: The GM isn't helping.
GM: Is he supposed to? Let me check...
GM: Nope.
Connell: "But hey! We won. That was quite exhilarating. Hm, a stretcher?"
Berkun: "Yeah, we might need to."
Mordreona: Well the chest still likely has a trap in it."
Berkun: "Or just one of the doors!
GM: Btw, Mrugnak is only at -9 hits by my count.
Lenia: "We're using all the doors."
Connell: "Can we even lift him if we got him into a stretcher?"
Mrugnak: Right, i forgot the healing!
Lenia: "I don't know."
Mordreona: can he not limp after we heal him?"
Lenia: "Maybe he can walk with help?"
Lenia: "We can't heal him in here - healing magic won't work."
GM: He didn't take any more damage, so he's still conscious from the critical success.
Mordreona: "I can get him out of here."
Mrugnak: FWIW: 480 lbs of Mrugnak + 548 lbs of Mrugnak equipment
Lenia: ((I think, since it's late, we make a long story short and eventually get Mrugnak out to camp, get him healed, and haul all the treasure out?))
Berkun: "Okay, just prepare a way to carry him out..."
Berkun: yes
GM: I'm okay with getting Mrugnak out.
GM: What stuff are you taking?
Mrugnak: (( if she tries to put that necklace over my head, I say my horns stop her >.> ))
Mordreona: "just get him angry at me and I bet he gets up."
Berkun: we strip him, carry him, carry his equipment and then carefully inspect the tomb and the chest
Mrugnak: NOBODY wants to see a naked Mrugnak.
Connell: (( Yeah, let's not cap this day with fright checks. ))
GM: The tomb is empty. The chest has $1500 in copper and silver coins, mostly copper.
Lenia: "In case you didn't notice, Mordreona, his leg is nearly broken. He won't be running after you, and if he tried he'd hurt himself seriously and we'd be carrying him back to Polisberg."
Connell: (( Anyway, let's round up his armour, weapons, the medallion, and the coins. ))
Berkun: then we can take the coins into a sack
Mordreona: I look for secret doors and how to get the gold off the wall.
GM: You can take them in a pouch.
GM: (GM rolls)
GM: you don't find any secret doors, not even behind the tapestries.
Mordreona: I take my time.
Mrugnak: Mrugnak has spare sacks for treasure >.>
Berkun: isn't there anything under the chest or any hidden place in the coffin?
GM: The gold could be chiseled out of the wall.
Berkun: I also take my time with this
GM: Nope.
Mordreona: I also look for trap doors in the tomb
Lenia: Treasure: Armor, weapon, shield, medallion, coins, scraping the gold off the walls if it's actually worthwhile, leaving the altar alone for now, and... I think that's it.
GM: Everyone make observation checks.
Mrugnak: Pour holy water on the altar? >.>
Mrugnak: PEE on it!
Mrugnak: Observation (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [3,1,3] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4
Mordreona: Per (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [4,5,2] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
Mrugnak: + stuff if scent or hearing are a factor.
Lenia: Observation: [3d6.skill(12,-5)] => [3,4,6] = 13 vs (7) or less Failure! by 6 from Per Default.
Lenia: Luck.
Lenia: Observation: [3d6.skill(12,-5)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (7) or less Failure! by 5 from Per Default.
Lenia: Observation: [3d6.skill(12,-5)] => [3,3,1] = 7 vs (7) or less Success! by 0 from Per Default.
Lenia: WOO.
Berkun: [3d6.skill(14)] => 3d6.skill(14)
GM: There is also some wood stands and paintings under the tapestries by the chest.
Berkun: [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,6,6] = 17 vs (14) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Connell: Defaulting from Per at -5 [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [6,4,5] = 15 vs (11) or less Failure! by 4
Berkun: oh!
** Mrugnak makes a mental note to update the GURPS dieroller so it will take skill(X) without an argument. **
whispering to Mrugnak, I couldn't get it to take default values. If you figure it out, tell me. But I hate Python so that might be my problem.
Lenia: "Paintings and furniture, quite valuable."
Lenia: ((Lenia will also poke around for secret doors, because she's thorough that way.))
GM: There's a fair number of paintings. They're old, you don't immediately recognize any of them. In total, they weigh 150 lbs.
GM: The wood stands weigh another 300 lbs in total.
Mordreona: I'm not to into treasure but I will look for secret doors etc. as much as they want me to.
GM: You're Greedy. What do you mean, not into treasure?
GM: Anyway, Connoisseur rolls to identify valuable paintings and stuff.
GM: Or Merchant at -6 for the same.
** Mrugnak has neither! **
Lenia: My Connoisseur default is better than my Merchant-6. Can I use that? :P
GM: Sure.
Lenia: Connoisseur (Visual Arts): [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [4,2,1] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4 from IQ default.
Mordreona: ((sorry I spaced that.))
GM: You trim out 60 lbs of paint-by-numbers and ugly official portraits by talentless hacks.
GM: The rest should be worth a few thousand, at least.
GM: Another roll for the wood.
Lenia: Excellent!
Lenia: Connoisseur (Visual Arts): [3d6.skill(16,-5)] => [4,3,4] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0 from IQ default.
GM: You knock out 50 lbs of hardwoods that aren't worth carrying. The rest is again worth at least $2000. It could be worth more, or trimmed better, but you're not really an expert.