FANDOM


Narrator: The night is cool and windy, with heavy cloud cover flowing across the sky away from the Mage Storm. Thasos is on watch, when his keen ears detect movement in the night. He reaches over and wakes Marik.
Narrator: As Marik snaps awake, going for his bow, the ground in the center of the campsite erupts. A manlike form of rock rises, green sigils glowing faintly on his chest.
Earth Golem: "Do not be alarmed. My Master would have words with you. Will you consent to speak with him?"
** Orcus lets Minnizig take the lead on this. **
Marik: ...
** Marik lets Minnizig take the lead on this. **
Minnizig: ...
Minnizig: (( that's one heck of a typo, Mark. ))
Minnizig: (( Marik. ))
Minnizig: (( someone. ))
Marik: ((That was my typo, not his.))
Marik: ((It's an alias in my lib.))
Beltarne: ((May I assume I cast Watchdog last night? And if so am I awake due to "Hostile intentions" inside the perimeter?))
GM: Sure, and sure, Beltarne.
Minnizig: I'm still asleep?
** Wolfgang goes for his shield but says nothing **
GM: Everyone is now awake, but lying on their beds.
Minnizig: Or are we all woken up?
GM: As the map shows, even.
** Marik draws and nocks an arrow, but keeps his bow pointed down, saying nothing. **
Beltarne: ((I can't see me))
Earth Golem: Waits patiently.
** Beltarne kneels and reaches for his axe without making any sudden agressive movements **
** Minnizig crouches, watching the earth elemental warily. "What does your 'master' want with us? I hear he's harried my companions all the way here." **
Minnizig: "This doesn't indicate peaceful intent."
Earth Golem: "His least servants attacked you for trespassing, and you invaded an embassy and slaughtered some renegades. Tis hardly harrying, as you have given better than you have gotten. Although he is wroth with you, he is cognizant of a greater threat..." the elemental's passive tones become slightly strained at this point "and seeks parley with you. Will you speak with him? In this, I am but a messenger."
** Wolfgang gets to his feet **
GM: Every can stand up, have their weapons in hand, whatever. The golem is just standing there.
Thasos: Shakes his head with confusion and contempt.
** Beltarne spits on the ground in the general direction of the elemental. **
Minnizig: "Trespassing on what? Claimed on no map, no sign, no manor, no work on the land and no warnings?"
Wolfgang: "I must have missed the markers for his territory and the sign for the embassy, but lets hear about this 'greater threat' a bit."
** Marik arches an eyebrow. "Your master corrupts the land, turns animals to foul creatures, and consorts with goblins. From where I'm standing, it seems he's the threat. What would be greater?" **
Beltarne: "What greater threat might that be? Someone else his minions have been busy trying to kill?"
Earth Golem: "Then you will give assurances of safe conduct, and put down your weapons, so we may talk?"
Wolfgang: "We can talk just fine like this, I've not drawn a weapon yet"
Earth Golem: Gestures at Beltarne, Thasos, Marik, and Ghazeb.
** Wolfgang looks into the night for other ambushers **
** Marik spits, and relaxes the bow. "I assure nothing. If you would talk, talk." **
Beltarne: "I give assurances of nothing. The servants of evil use the the valour of the just against them. I'm with Marik."
Minnizig: "I'm not a big fighter guy anyways."
Earth Golem: "That will not do. Your camp has not been assaulted in ambush. My Master does not seek weregild for his slain servants. You must demonstrate some good faith for this to continue."
Ghazeb: Puts away his blade. "Ghazeb will talk, yes."
Minnizig: (( AFK real quick to rotate the lasanga ))
Beltarne: "My good faith is amply demonstrated by the fact that we have not yet joined battle, spawn of hell."
Earth Golem: "My Master is not yet here for you to assail. Your restraint means little."
Beltarne: "Means you're still breathing... or spouting off at least."
** Marik rolls his eyes. "If your Master expects us to disarm and follow you like good little sheep to the slaughter, he's got another thing coming. If he offers a flag of parlay, we'll respect it. We're not common outlaws." **
Beltarne: ((want to let Minnizig get in another word before I drive this conversation any more towards confrontation."
Minnizig: (( back ))
Minnizig: "Calm down, everyone, calm down." She eyes Beltarne especially hard. "No horns, no sulphur, hang on there big guy."
Minnizig: "We have no assurances you or your master have disarmed - you are a living weapon, and your master obviously wields forces beyond mere muscle. If you cannot disarm, expecting us to lay ourselves at your feet defenselss is ridiculous."
** Beltarne curls his lip at the elemental, but nods grudgingly in the general direction of the gnome **
Minnizig: Should I be rolling Diplomacy or something here?
GM: No, we talk it out for a while.
Minnizig: Diplomacy (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,5,2] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5 Includes: +2 from 'Voice'; Conditional: +1 from 'Charisma' when making Influence rolls
Minnizig: (( on 'spec' ))
Earth Golem: "You are potent foes. My Master will not stand defenseless before you either. What assurances would be acceptable to you?"
Marik: "As I say - we'll respect his flag of parlay as long as he will. You have my word, as a prince of my people."
** Minnizig eyes Marik **
Minnizig: Detect Lies (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [6,2,2] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1
** Beltarne flashes a sideways startled glance at Marik **
** Wolfgang seems totally fine with Marik as a prince **
Beltarne: ((Purple Rain starts playing in the background))
Earth Golem: "You word is not sufficient, even should you be a prince. Put not your trust in princes."
Minnizig: "My leige there has a dead shot eye. I put my trust in that and his strong bow arm, personally, and the loyalty he's shown in the breech."
** Minnizig said with a totally straight face. **
Minnizig: "Tho he be bold to reveal his status to you, and risk treachery. Isn't this enough a sign of trust?"
Earth Golem: "I will take your words to my Master, and he will choose the path." It sinks into the earth, disappearing.
GM: Anyone doing anything?
Minnizig: Wishing I had Hidden Lore: elementals?
Wolfgang: "Ok, who here thinks it's really gone?"
** Marik slides the arrow back into his quiver and settles back against his wrock, arms folded. **
Marik: **rock
** Wolfgang eyes the ground suspiciously **
Beltarne: ((Turning my back to the fire and scanning the darkness))
Beltarne: "Oh, I bet he
GM: Beltarne: you can't see anything definite. You're at the top of a hill, and there's several clusters of trees and whatnot around you.
Beltarne: "Oh, I wouldn't put it past him to be lurking down there like the cowardly snake... rock thingy he is."
Minnizig: "Your highness, do you really thing that was wise? These rogues have been harassing your company, perhaps they already suspected your true identity!"
** Minnizig keeps an eye out for suspicious... um... rocks. **
** Wolfgang picks up his polearm and goes to fly a short patrol around the camp **
Wolfgang: "Be right back, gonna see who is out there sneaking"
GM: Hmmm.... what radius, how high?
Wolfgang: just above tree level, say 25 yards radius
** Marik looks pained. "The 'highness' thing is just a little over the top." **
GM: alright.
** Minnizig jabs Marik. **
Wolfgang: "Alright your lordship!"
Marik: "...Marik will do just fine. Thank you."
** Wolfgang flys off **
GM: You don't spot anything definite, though there may be something at the tree just on the edge of the light to the south or the one past the light to the west.
Beltarne: "Absolutely, your highness."
** Beltarne says, completely straightfaced. **
Wolfgang: I'll investigate both, west first
GM: False sightings, then, as best you can tell.
GM: You're not exactly the best scout.
Wolfgang: ok, treturn to camp
Wolfgang: return*
Wolfgang: yah, I know
** Marik shakes his head. "Wake me if the rock creature returns." He goes back to sleep. **
Minnizig: But we can't let His Royal Highness risk himself scouting, so Rocky's it :D
Narrator: The delvers hear a voice shouting from the southeast just as Marik closes his eyes and Wolfgang touches back down.
Marik: ((AFK door fsk
GM: Sounds like its coming from the tree at the base of the hill.
Kalless: "Greetings, explorers. I think you are misinformed."
Wolfgang: "I'll go see what it is, ambush probably."
Minnizig: A voice? Shouting something or just "aaarg arrrg!?"
Minnizig: Ah, shouting intelligably!
GM: Lotta text to type, sorry.
GM: He's roughly 30 yards away, so shouting.
Minnizig: (( np I'll go fuss with dinner while you type ))
** Wolfgang braces for incoming text **
GM: oh, no, that was it. he's awaiting a response.
Wolfgang: "Well, feel free to educate us, we'rve got the time."
Minnizig: (( bek ))
Kalless: "Very well then. Though you have done me wrong - great wrong - in slaughtering my servants, loyal and renegade, it is all a distraction. The true danger does not lie with me and mine. No, not at all!"
Kalless: "No, it is those malicious, malingering, duplicious, devious, deviant, foul-voiced slatterns and harlots to the south that are the truth threat!"
** Minnizig coughs. "There aren't any slatterns and harlots on my map, either." **
GM: Staring down the hill, you can make out two man-shaped forms in the darkness by the tree. One of them may be holding a shield in front of the other.
** Wolfgang says softly "He says harlots like they're BAD" **
Beltarne: "That's quite a list of adjectives there. What slatterns?"
Kalless: "Oh? You map does not show the lair of those ungrateful fiends? You do not know of Stony Point? You are unaware of those vile harpies that nest there?"
Thasos: Snorts, shakes his head.
Ghazeb: "What is he implying?"
Beltarne: "And why precisely are they a greater threat than a maniacal corrupter of the land bent on gathering a greenskin army to himself?"
Kalless: "Of whom do you speak?"
Kalless: (sounds slighly confused)
** Minnizig shushes Beltarne. "Are we talking... harpies in the brass feathers and saggy boosoms sense?" **
Minnizig: "Or more as an epithet?"
Wolfgang: "Claws for feet I hear too!"
** Beltarne allows self to be shushed, grumbling imprecations into his beard **
Kalless: "Of course! Those wretched, winged, foul tongued bitches of Stony Point! They take your coin and provide you... nothing!"
Minnizig: "I sympathize, although you seem remarcably open minded to try trading with them anyways. I presume you wanted aerial cavelry?"
Kalless: "What need would I have of that? The eagles already heed my call. No. I want those harpies destroyed! Kill them! Kill them all! Take their ill-gotten treasure, and trouble me no more!"
** Wolfgang whispers "Or he likes brass feathers on his wimmin." **
Thasos: Looks dismayed.
Ghazeb: "Ghazeb likes a soft silky pelt on his women."
Wolfgang: "What treasure is this?"
Marik: "We're not hired killers to do your bidding, mage. Why should we kill your harpies?"
Kalless: He sighs. "You have killed the least of my servants. I owe you vengeance and destruction, yet I will stay my hand. Conflict between us profits neither. Turn south, deal with those wretched hags, and there will not need to be bloodshed between us."
Kalless: "I do not ask for their treasure, though it is rich. Just destroy them."
Marik: "And simply leave you to continue raising your army of greenskins for who knows what purpose?"
** Marik murmurs, "I do wonder if he's bluffing..." **
Kalless: "I raise no army. I have a few servants - less now, thanks to you. These are dangerous lands, and I must defend me and mine from the many hazards."
Beltarne: "probably an evil purpose, your highness. Thats how these deranged arcane types always are. Can't trust em at all."
Minnizig: "Godman, it would perhaps benefit us all if you could meditate on the proper ratio of hopps to barley for a little while?"
Marik: "It seems to us that you yourself are the hazard, with eagles spewing disease and the earth itself corrupted and bound to your aid. How do you claim innocence in the face of that?"
** Wolfgang whispers "I bet he'd just ambush us on our way back even if he is telling the truth" **
Minnizig: "We are already on a mission, and deviating for your side work was not on our schedule."
Kalless: "Disease and decay are part of the cycle of life. Any Initiate of the Green Circle knows that." He pauses as Minnizig's words sink in. "And what mission puts you near the borders of Sampson Manor one day and in the center of the Storm Pass the next? Where do you think you are going?"
Minnizig: "Possibly in circles, but the general direction I believe we were aiming for is 'over the mountains, and away to the south'."
Minnizig: (( And what's a sampson manor, do I know that one? ))
Beltarne: ((I think that's the cave we left recently))
Kalless: "Should your 'mission'" he sneers out mission, as best he can while yelling, "take you to Shining Lake, you will deal with those harlots, like it or not. Do you not know where Stony Point is?"
GM: Minnizig can't think of a Sampson Manor.
Marik: ((Stony Point isn't on any of my maps, is it?))
Beltarne: "Up your ass, from the way you prance around you poncy git."
GM: Not labeled as such, no.
Beltarne: ((Beltane has decided to discard subtlety))
** Wolfgang laughs heartily **
Beltarne: ((He was never too attached to it in the first place))
** Marik looks around. "I'm inclined to leave him and his alone so long as he's willing to do the same. Digging him out when he knows we're coming is dangerous and difficult, and agreeing to leave each other alone is simple. What think you all?" **
Marik: ((That's said *quietly*...))
Minnizig: "I think that is a course of great wisdom, my liege."
** Wolfgang whispers "I don't trust his word" **
** Beltarne replies equally quietly "He won't leave us be. His type never do. We never had the advantage of suprise." **
** Beltarne belatedly adds, "begging your highnesses pardon." **
** Marik shrugs. "If he breaks his word, we can go dig him out then. As he's pointed out, his minions haven't exactly been successful." **
Beltarne: ((Highness'?))
** Beltarne "Not for lack of trying, what about any travlelers less well prepared, your highness?" **
Minnizig: (( dashing off to lasanga again sorry, last time ))
Marik: "Stop calling me that. Shall we vote? I say we leave him alone, for now."
Kalless: Shouts out again to your whispers: "I think you are treasure-seekers and explorers, walking where you fancy. Those foul and untrustworthy crones have been taking the treasures of many travellers in the generations since the Demon Wars. They have completely cut off Aitsyldub, and taken the coin of any tinkerer who headed south. If you seek riches, they have it aplenty!"
** Wolfgang whispers "Don't suppose either of you have magic to bind him to his word do you?" **
Beltarne: "Let him go tonight but continue on to his stronghold"
** Wolfgang nods at Beltarne's plan **
Ghazeb: "Ghazeb hear tails of pretty harpies, lovely things before they grow old and shriveled. He thinks we go south, maybe rescue them from overbearing ugly sisters, yes?"
Marik: ((I think we're waiting for Minnizig. And also possibly absent!Thasos and absent!Ghazeb.))
Minnizig: (( back ))
Wolfgang: Snorts, makes a ruse gesture in the direction of Kalless, then nods at Beltarne.
Thasos: Snorts, makes a ruse gesture in the direction of Kalless, then nods at Beltarne.
GM: ooops, though that was probably obvious from context.
Marik: ((Also, whose bright idea was it to run a six-person party by vote?))
Beltarne: ((Yours, apparently))
Beltarne: ((Good job))
Minnizig: (( your higness ))
GM: Hey, you guys run things however you want. It goes to a vote amongst the PLAYERS, though. If all the players vote to follow Marik's plan, nothing to me.
Beltarne: ((So.... what's Minnizig's vote?))
Wolfgang: 2 vote for Beltarne's plan so far among the players who are here
GM: Thasos and Ghazeb split their votes, of course.
Minnizig: (( I'm for watching him warily and heading on the plan we already had, which we now have somewhat confirmed includes harpies! But keeping in mind that the bird women may not be as bad as all that. ))
Minnizig: (( not guarenteed to be bird women at all, this guy is a fruitloop ))
Beltarne: ((Word))
Minnizig: (( and I still want to know what his coin was for ))
whispering to Minnizig, What his coin?
Beltarne: ((Male virility enhancement?))
Beltarne: ((So do you want to continue to his stronghold, or break south?))
Beltarne: "Ready, BREAK!"
Marik: "We'll consider your words, 'druid'. Be gone and leave us be."
** Beltarne leaves huddle **
Kalless: "What do you mean by that? Will you destroy those disgusting harpies or not?"
Beltarne: "Whatsa matter, your ears don't work? You heard his highness. Sod off, ya piker."
Marik: "I mean we'll consider your words."
Beltarne: "I like my version better."
** Minnizig seriously considers Silencing Beltarne. **
Beltarne: ((Heh))
Kalless: Quietly, so you can barely hear. "Oh, of course." Shouting again, "I suggest we hold this truce, then. An hour, for you to consider the need and necessity of eliminating those foul beasts. Then we speak again. I shall send my servant to your camp."
Kalless: He pauses. "I will defend you and yours against the horrors of the night. Should you leave the camp before the truce ends, I will assume you come with hostile intent and response with violence."
Beltarne: ((It's a traaaaaaap!))
** Minnizig mutters "If we were kicking the asses of your creatures, these can't be that serious horrors." **
Wolfgang: "Only night horrors I've seen, he sent."
Thasos: Nods at Minizig's words.
Marik: "We will hold your truce for the hour, but make no guarantees past that. Do not mistake our willingness to parlay for real friendship, druid."
Kalless: "Of course not. Very well then. An hour, and my servant will approach."
Narrator: The shapes in darkness seem to withdraw to the southeast.
** Beltarne mutters "Giving himself time to do something nasty, I'm sure" **
Ghazeb: "Ghazeb not trust creepy wizard. These ones made no real promise to him, did they?
** Marik sighs. "No, we made no real promise." **
Beltarne: "No, we didn't. Except not to attack in the next hour."
Wolfgang: "I suggest we don't either"
Minnizig: "Creepy wizard is indeed creepy, and this all is getting really complicated."
Wolfgang: "Is the shining lake near where we're going?"
Wolfgang: "I know how to uncomplicate them"
Marik: "I don't know. I'd give half a kingdom for a decent bloody map."
** Wolfgang grins evilly **
Marik: "We can't simply kill everything we come across, Wolfgang."
Beltarne: "Seems simple to me. Meglomaniac who keeps trying to kill us is trying so sic us on his enemies instead of confront us directly."
Minnizig: "It's got simplicity, I grant. He's not worth much if he deals with goblins. But I still want to know what he was trying to bribe the harpies into doing.
Beltarne: "Can we still kill psychotics who keep sending guys to kill us?"
Minnizig: "
Marik: "There could be some truth to his words - he may actually be a druid. Following the path of decay isn't /quite/ heresy."
Beltarne: "Trying to kill us."
Minnizig: "He's even less of a people person than you are, your lordship."
Wolfgang: "Riiight, he sent his moldy birds to eat firefly to save the forest..."
Beltarne: "He's a raving looney, he is."
** Marik shrugs. "Then we'll clean out his den of greenskins at first light, if you insist." **
** Marik pulls his hood down over his face, leans back against his tree, and goes back to sleep. **
Wolfgang: "I'd bet he attacks in an hour unless we swear to take care of his harpy problem."
Beltarne: "I bet he's using this hour to cast something powerful in case he does have to go after us. And I bet he attacks before the hour is over."
Wolfgang: "Shouldn't we do the same?"
Minnizig: "Girding ourself in case of disaster isn't foolish, but pre-emptively starting trouble is, if you ask me."
Beltarne: "I'm a healer, mainly. If there's something wrong, I can fix it, but until there is I'm not good for much."
Beltarne: "Well, cept for being great."
Wolfgang: "We should prepare for trouble, wait for hom to make the first move"
Wolfgang: *him
** Beltarne sits with his back to a tree, shield and axe in hand. **
Beltarne: "Actually, I can get us better light if that'd be usefull."
Wolfgang: "Aye, gobbos can see in the dark, some of us can't"
Minnizig: "I'm doing OK in this light, dunno about the rest of ya."
Beltarne: "I'm fine."
Thasos: Snorts, gestures at Beltarne.
Beltarne: "You want it on your shield?"
Wolfgang: we failed to plan I realized
Narrator: The delvers are in tense negotiations with Kalless, mostly through his earth elemental intermediary.
GM: I just sent out last week's chat log.
GM: Someone is welcome to summarize.
Minnizig: SHort version: He's cranky. There are harpies at SHining lake, which is on the way to Obsidian lake. He hates them.
Minnizig: He apparently gave them money and they gave him squat and he wants them dead.
Minnizig: He is offering to not kill us and let us loot whatever, in exchange for us killing harpies.
Beltarne: Kalless wants us to go away and kill some Harpies that stiffed him and he claims have lots of loot. We're currently at a truce for about an hour. We decided to go after him, but are waiting till the truce is over since we're so honoroble
Beltarne: And Marik's a prince!
GM: Important note: you guys are due west of a large lake, and have been for several miles. The water tends to reflect the sunlight brilliantly, or at least it did when the sun was still up.
Marik: ...Shining Lake?
GM: If Marik is reading the maps right, and the maps are roughly to scale, then most likely.
Marik: God bless the medieval mind - naming things after what they look like is a great idea.
Minnizig: brb cat is destroying something
Beltarne: ((After all, how many lakes are shiny?))
GM: Also, there is a peninsula that extends west into the lake, it's tip a little more than a mile away from you. Marik can see that the ground there is relatively rocky, and he has seen large, birdlike creatures flying in the area.
Beltarne: ((There's literally at least three "Lost Lakes" in Oregon))
GM: ... About 2.5 miles away, oops, did the math wrong.
Marik: So he's almost certainly telling the truth about harpies.
Wolfgang: I thought they were farther away
Beltarne: At least that they're there
Minnizig: (( back. ))
Wolfgang: that does make his line of crap slightly better
GM: I did say you were by a lake as you travelled. The lake shore is about 1/2 mile from your campsite, and you've been paralleling it for the last hour as you turned southwest.
GM: The river you're camped by descends into the lake, making a swampy delta to the southeast.
Minnizig: For what its worth, I ahven't doubted the story about harpies. Whether they actually ripped him off, and whether they actually ambush travelers or not, is another question.
Beltarne: My stance as well
Marik: ...I'm not chasing him into a swamp.
Beltarne: Bad memories?
Wolfgang: we have to go through the swamp to get to the lake?
Beltarne: ((From another life?))
GM: Well, if you followed the river down, yes.
Marik: I am a mountain elf. Rocks. High passes. Clean air. No bugs smaller than my forearm.
GM: There's lots of other parts of the shoreline that are just farther away that are not swampy.
GM: And other parts that are marshy or water. The land/water interface is rarely neat and tidy.
Wolfgang: good
Beltarne: Afraid the bugs are going to try to eat you for once, eh, your highness?
Wolfgang: I don't trust this guy not to backstab us, possibly while we are fighting harpies
** Thasos nods at Wolfgang. **
** Thasos points to his eyes, then behind him. **
Beltarne: I'm intolerant of followers of evil religions, which I consider him to be, however incorrectly (also stubborn). I won't like making a deal with him, but could be drug along with much ill grace if that's what the party decides
Marik: If we deal with the harpies first, and the druid keeps his word, we can probably safely live and let live.
Wolfgang: "I think he might be planning to attack us while we're fighting the harpies, to get back in their good graces and to kill us, which he doesn't want to try alone"
Marik: If he stabs us in the back, we can deal with him then. If he does it at a bad time for us, we'll just have to be extra resourceful and watch our backs.
Marik: I don't *actually* think his harpies are that much of a threat to us, and if his goblins are any indication, he isn't either.
Minnizig: "I think he's a vile, foul tempered little man, and I'm not sure he's really interested in anyone liking him."
Wolfgang: "What if the harpies are the real danger?"
Marik: I mean, the guy is relying on GOBLINS to do his hard work. Do you know how sad you have to be for goblins to be your best bet?
Beltarne: I'm less confident, especially if he dogpiles us while we're engaged with the harpies
Beltarne: "They're some pretty big goblins, some of them."
Minnizig: "Now Harpies, harpies I'm a little more worried about. Especially if they're the type with brass feathers."
Wolfgang: "If you have enough of them goblins are dangerous"
** Thasos swings his meteor hammer around as if to say what he thinks of brass feathers. **
Wolfgang: "They nearly managed to kill Firefly, I'd like to get some payback for that."
Marik: "Killing the two dozen or so we've already killed isn't payback enough?"
Minnizig: "I think you already killed everyone asociated with that. I'm feeling personally vindicated from my kidnapping, anyways."
Wolfgang: "I doubt they could have set that trap, I bet it was him"
** Thasos shakes his head at Marik. **
Beltarne: "My concern is that him and his minions are going to be a continued threat to other travelers"
Wolfgang: "No, you all decided to let them go since they answered our questions about the bossman"
Marik: "Other travelers have the good sense to stick to patrolled roads."
Beltarne: "Shall we vote on it?"
Marik: "Certainly. I say we deal with the harpies first, and see what more information we can get about the situation. We can deal with the druid afterwards."
** Thasos nods. **
Minnizig: "Also."
Wolfgang: "I say we deal with him first."
whispering to Minnizig, There were at least 4 other goblins in that band that were out on patrol when you were rescued, and the goblins spoke like they had even more. Plus, there were a lot of stinky bedrolls in that cave.
Beltarne: "Druid first, then check out the harpies to see if they're a threat, here"
Ghazeb: "Ghazeb cannot decide what to do. It is all so complicated."
Beltarne: "Well, looks like it's the damn bird women then."
** Minnizig pauses. **
** Thasos makes faces at Ghazeb for being indecisive. **
** Minnizig shrugs. **
Marik: "Then we deal with the harpies. If you like, Beltarne, I'll scout our rear - and make sure he and his goblins aren't sneaking up on us."
Minnizig: "Don't like feathers?"
Beltarne: "Mark my words, this'll bite us in the ass"
Marik: "Oh, I'll be there when you deal with the harpies."
Beltarne: "Don't like things that won't stay on the ground so's I can whack em with my axe if they're trying to kill me"
Wolfgang: "He said for us not to leave the camp until the hour is up, nice and convient for him"
Marik: ((And my plan has NOTHING to do with how very awesome 'Wolfgang vs. the Bird Women' promises to be.))
Minnizig: Lost my connection to maptools brb
GM: Yeah, I'm looking forward to that.
Minnizig: (( ... will there be mud wrestling? ))
Beltarne: ((I really need to learn to use a crossbow))
** Wolfgang puts all his $$$ on himself **
Minnizig: (( I totally bought a harpy package in the sale in October. ))
Beltarne: ((And a pack mule))
Marik: So we wait out the hour, I guess?
Beltarne: ((We wait till the hour is up!))
Minnizig: (( You need to learn to use a pack mule? ))
Minnizig: We wait out the hour!
Minnizig: Or whatever's left of it.
GM: Alright.
Beltarne: ((Don't ask. It's a very private, dwarven thing))
Narrator: The delvers talk amongst themselves until they reach a decision, then wait another 20 or so minutes until the elemental is scheduled to return.
GM: An hour after it left, the ground erupts again and the elemental appears in the middle of the camp.
Earth Golem: "I have returned. My Master is impatient to put this foolishness behind him and return to important issues such as dealing with the harpies. What is your decision?"
** Wolfgang looks grumpy **
** Minnizig nudges Marik. "Your lordship?" **
** Beltarne sulks on his bedroll **
** Marik waits a moment to see if Minnizig's going to speak. **
Marik: "We will investigate the harpies - but we make no promises as to whether we'll do your master's dirty work for him. Tell him he would do well to simply leave us about our business, and we will leave him to his."
** Minnizig found the F2 macro key **
Minnizig: (( waiting for mark to stop typing. ))
Earth Golem: It hesitates for a moment, starts to speak, and then considers. "Failure to destroy the harpies will only double his wrath with you. But he will hold his hand in abeyance for the now. Do not return to these mountains until you have destroyed the harpies."
** Beltarne rolls his eyes **
Marik: "Don't make threats you can't back up, chum. Begone with you."
Earth Golem: He claps his hands, gently, and descends into the earth.
Marik: ((What time is it?))
** Minnizig grins broadly behind her mask. "You're really getting into the upper-class fop role now, boss." **
Narrator: There is a burst of high-pitched, goblinoid whispering from the northwest, followed by Kalless' voice shouting something in goblin, also from the northwest. You briefly hear footsteps.
Narrator: The noise fades away to the northwest.
GM: It's about 2 am on the morning of the 6th day.
Beltarne: "Shall we sleep till sunrise and then advance to the peninsula?"
Wolfgang: "Is that where we expect to find the ghost guy? I can't remember."
** Thasos is way ahead of you on that. **
Beltarne: "No, that's Obsidian Lake"
Minnizig: "Next lake down has the ghost."
Minnizig: "From what you've mentioned."
Beltarne: "This is Shining Lake"
Wolfgang: "Oh, we sure they not the same?"
** Marik draws his cloak closer around him, grabs some cold rations, and slips off. "I'm going to scout around. You should all get your rest." **
Wolfgang: "Anyhow, lets get a few more hours of sleep before heading out"
** Beltarne burrows into the bedroll and mutters "Wake me in the morning" **
** Wolfgang goes to sleep unless it's his watch **
GM: Alright, where is Marik scouting around to? It's a cloudy night, with heavy winds, so even with his night vision, it's nothing near daylight.
Marik: Mostly keeping myself hidden and keeping an eye on the camp, getting to know the area around it. I'm going to be wanting to come back here, and finding the decent ambush spots is definitely helpful.
GM: Okay... how far out are you going?
Marik: No more than a half-mile? Ish?
Marik: I'm mostly looking for a good excuse to make a strong guess as to where the goblins will be waiting for us if we come back this way and piss off the druid. >.>
GM: Alright. You're camped on a hill above a river that descends east into the lake. To the west, the terrain rises steeply after less than 1/2 mile, on a more-or-less NE-SW axis. To the east, the swamp/lake starts on the edge of your patrol and goes on for about 1/2 mile, maybe. To the northwest and southeast, more hills.
Narrator: The last of the clouds are swept away by the winds just before dawn, and the sun shines brightly on the lake as it rises. It looks to be a warm and windy day.
GM: Anything you want to observe before you continue? The lake is ... vaguely ovallish, with the peninsula coming out of the northeast side and jutting out to the southwest. It's probably 2-3 miles long. There are heavy woods on the far side of the lake, with dark green-gray leaves.
** Wolfgang tries to count harpies **
GM: Vision roll at -10 to even spot man-sized targets at that range.
Wolfgang: oh, thought we saw them yesterday
GM: No, Marik saw them yesterday. But Marik is a telescope.
Marik: I'll try and get a vague idea as we march, but the best count I'll be able to give is 'never saw more than this many at one time'.
Beltarne: We march!
Marik: Vision: [3d6.skill(14,-6)] => [2,1,3] = 6 vs (8) or less Success! by 2
Marik: Wow. That was a good roll.
Marik: I even made it with the -10 if my telescopic vision *doesn't* cancel out range penalties. :D
GM: It does.
Marik: (Because Acute Vision 2 *does* help.)
GM: Looks like more than 5, less than a dozen, with a nest near the tip of the peninsula. Something is glittery in the sunlight in the nest.
GM: You guys break camp at 7 am. Then what do you do?
Wolfgang: March!
Marik: "More than five. Less than 12. Some kind of glittering something in the nest. Harpies aren't related to magpies, are they?"
Marik: I believe we head northeast to the peninsula, then start towards it.
Minnizig: "Hey, people are attracted to glittery things too."
Wolfgang: "I'm attracted to glittry things, they often sell well!"
GM: So you basically intend to circle the lake counterclockwise, retracing your steps fpr a while? Just as a note, you'll have to cross through the forest to get through the peninsula.... though that's true whichever direction you go.
Marik: I got the impression that retracing our steps was faster.
GM: There's probably less woods if you go counterclockwise.
GM: It's easier.
Marik: And didn't involve going through a swamp.
Marik: Easy route it is!
Marik: Marik's scouting the rear, working to make sure we're not looking at an ambush. Someone else will need to keep eyes front.
GM: About an hour's travel time back the way you came, the hills drop away to more-or-less level ground to the east by the lake shore. How close do you want to stay to the lake shore?
Marik: Keep tree cover as long as possible, I'd say?
Wolfgang: "Sounds good
GM: There's about the same amount of tree cover in the hills and in the lowlands.
Marik: Lowlands it is!
GM: Okay.
GM: Marik, roll Weather Sense as you travel.
Minnizig: (( sorry, on the phone, paying half attention. ))
Marik: Weather Sense: [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [6,5,3] = 14 vs (10) or less Failure! by 4
Narrator: The delvers are backtracking through the hills. After a little more than an hour's march, pink rain falls on them from of the few clouds in the sky.
Marik: ...pink?
Minnizig: "That ain't right."
GM: Everyone can roll HT-2 to resist Poison (Holiness helps).
Wolfgang: "Pink!?!"
** Beltarne examines his rain-spattered forearm, confused. **
Minnizig: HT (12) [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [3,3,4] = 10 vs (10) or less Success! by 0
GM: Yeah, kinda the color of diluted blood. It stings as it lands on your skins and trickles through the gaps in your armor.
Marik: HT: [3d6.skill(14,+1-2)] => [4,1,5] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3
Wolfgang: HT (14) [3d6.skill(14,+1-2)] => [1,5,6] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
Thasos: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,-2)] => [2,4,3] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Ghazeb: Resist poison! [3d6.skill(13,-2)] => [3,3,3] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Beltarne: +3 for dwarf, +4 for PI 4?
GM: I think so, Beltarne.
** Thasos sniffs at the flakes and makes a face. **
Beltarne: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,+7-2)] => [1,4,3] = 8 vs (18) or less Success! by 10
Wolfgang: "Ok, should I blame this on the Harpies or the Druid?"
** Minnizig hauls up her hood and glares out at the sky from under the edge. **
whispering to Marik, You recognize this as the semi-natural phenomenon of Blood Rain. Sometimes evil leaks into the water and pours from the sky. It can make people bad-tempered and violent but is otherwise mostly harmless.
Minnizig: Other than the color, not much in common with gore?
GM: It's a little viscous and sticky and smells of iron.
Beltarne: Would Theology or Occultism tell me what the hell this stuff is?
Marik: "Natural phenomenon, actually. Well, as natural as anything around here gets."
Minnizig: Squeemish [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [3,4,3] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
whispering to Beltarne, You recognize this as the semi-eldritch phenomenon of Blood Rain. Sometimes evil leaks into the water and pours from the sky. It can make people bad-tempered and violent but is otherwise mostly harmless.
Minnizig: "I blame the mage storm."
Marik: "Has to do with magic leaching into the water, and going from there to the sky, then coming back down."
Beltarne: "Raining blood is normal for these parts?"
Minnizig: Thaumatology (10) [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,2,1] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6 Includes: +4 from 'Magery'
GM: It's not magical.
Minnizig: (14, not 10, the roll is right, I should fix that)
Beltarne: "No wonder my people decide to stay belowground"
GM: Wolfgang, roll whatever skill is used for endurance flying.
Wolfgang: "Or not live near the magestorm..."
Marik: "Like I say, as natural as anything this close to the mage storm."
GM: At -2 for the stiff winds.
Marik: (("Flying", as it happens.))
Wolfgang: Flight (Gargoyle) (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [1,5,6] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
Marik: ((The analogue to "Hiking".))
Wolfgang: so fail by one for -2
Beltarne: ((You're an analog))
GM: alright.
GM: An hour after the rain passes, you descend out of the hills and start making good time over the lowland, nearly a mile per hour. Given that you're having to stop for scouting and to make sure you don't get very lost, you're making good time.
Minnizig: And that we're avoiding swamps like we all had some sort of vague nightmare...
GM: Around 10:30 you cross another small river. There's a bit of forest - maybe 1/2 mile wide and a mile or two long, running on a N-S axis - ahead of you that you'll hit a little after 11. To the east, there's a wide inlet of the river and what looks to be a ruined town on the far side of it.
Wolfgang: "Noone likes swamps and mud and mire"
GM: Marik can see man-like forms moving aimlessly around the ruins.
Beltarne: "Check out the town? Or deal with it later?"
** Thasos nods at Wolfgang. **
GM: Actually, by 11, the ruins are less than a mile away, so you most of you can see them.
Minnizig: "That's interesting." Do I remember any stories or such like about old settlements in this area?
Beltarne: "We would have to cross the river"
whispering to Minnizig, There are some old logging towns around here that got wiped out centuries ago.
Wolfgang: "We should at least take a look from this side"
Minnizig: "An old logging town, perhaps."
Beltarne: "Sounds goot to me"
GM: The inlet is ahead of you as you continue counterclockwise around the lake. You could skirt the town but crossing the river is mandatory if you continue on your path.
Minnizig: "No harm in looking. Speaking of looking, what do your keen elvish eyes reveal, Marik?"
Beltarne: Are we close enough that sounds of fighting would carry to the harpy nest?
Minnizig: "No point in extra walking either, if he seesthings from here."
Marik: "I'll find us a good ford. And I suspect that's the Village of White Pines."
GM: The island is a few miles away, but across open water. So... maybe?
Marik: "Overrun by demons, population turned into zombies, area abandoned, etc."
GM: In case I wasn't clear, the ruins are near the lake shore.
Wolfgang: "I wonder if this is the lake the map warned you to avoid the waters of"
Beltarne: "Supposed to be some loot here if we can find the Forge Key"
GM: At 11, you're on a rise overlooking the river valley that feeds into the inlet. The woods start pretty much on the far side of the river. The ruins are east, less than a mile, across the inlet, which is maybe 1/4 mile wide but varies.
Beltarne: "But I thought White Pines was in a sealed off valley"
Minnizig: "I don't trust goblins, but I don't like that they were so worried about it, either."
Marik: "In case you didn't notice, getting here wasn't exactly an easy trip."
Minnizig: "I wonder if it's the harpies the map was warning about, or something worse. What with the blood rains and all."
Marik: "Let's just say I'm not inclined to go fishing."
Marik: Can I find a decent ford that'll keep us clear of the ruins?
Beltarne: "Well, shall we see if we can find a bridge or a ferry?"
Wolfgang: "Maybe the magic poisoned the rain and the lake"
Minnizig: "I'm not inclined to go wading in the river either, to be honest."
Wolfgang: "Well, is the river red?"
Beltarne: "I agree with the gnome."
Marik: I'm a survivalist. I'll head for the riverbank and see what I can see about the water. Unusually clear?
GM: The river looks fordable in an area ahead of you.
GM: The water is fairly clear - mountain run-off, it looks to you.
Beltarne: ((Almost... too quiet....
Marik: I will very tentatively try a mouthful.
Marik: ((Time for that backup character!))
whispering to Marik, You're also pretty sure that the water on the goblin's map is in the mountains to the northwest.
GM: BRB
Minnizig: (( almost... too quiet. ))
Beltarne: ((If you turn into some sort of preverted monstrosity, I swear I will feel a very slight pang of remorse as I murder you right in the face.))
** Marik drinks some of the water. Muses for a moment. Pulls out the goblin map. Squints at it. Turns it around. Sighs. "This is the safe water, people. Let's get going." **
Beltarne: ((See? I'm prescient!))
GM: The water tastes like mountain run-off.
GM: Back!
** Marik takes the opportunity to refill his canteens with decent water instead of this magically created drek he's been drinking. **
Minnizig: Heh.
GM: ... you started camp by a river and crossed another one already? Whatever.
** Beltarne eyes the water nervously as he approches the ford. **
GM: It's 11 am, you're standing by a river, trees to the north, lake to the east and southeast. What are you doing?
Minnizig: "What's the matter, godman? Your god not approve of wading?"
Marik: Fording the river.
Beltarne: "Not my god. Too much water is just... unhealthy."
** Beltarne fords the river! **
Marik: I'm nice and tall. Five feet of water isn't terrible, I'll just hold my bow above my head.
GM: Oh, by the way - it's a high holy day of Fear, Cunning, and Travel. Bad day for priests of Bravery, Single Combat, and the Seas.
Beltarne: Sweet!
Marik: ((Because when you have enough gods, it's ALWAYS someone's holy day.))
Beltarne: ((Did you do that on purpose? You did, didn't you.))
GM: The fordable area is a wash, only a foot or so deep. It looks like someone improved it at one point, but it hasn't been maintained in generations.
GM: I did what on purpose?
** Thasos fords across, gingerly, trying not to get too wet. **
GM: Probing gingerly, you cross. and now what?
Marik: Give the village a wide berth for now and head for the peninsula.
Beltarne: Amble towards the ruins
Beltarne: or not
Marik: ((Ow. Laughing.))
GM: Me too.
Marik: "Beltarne. There's gold in that there harpy nest."
** Beltarne chews the inside of his cheek, nodding slowly **
Beltarne: "There's gold both places, your highness..."
Beltarne: "Bah, lead on."
GM: WHat's Marik's effective Navigation?
Marik: "Yes, but one has harpies and the other is full of zombies. On the whole, I'd prefer to deal with zombies second."
** Beltarne checks over his shoulder to make sure the ruins are still there as they head towards the peni **
Minnizig: "We can see the harpy gold. That makes it easier than hidden gold."
Marik: Navigation-15 with Absolute Direction accounted for, 2 more if vision's involved, though it's an IQ skill so I doubt it.
GM: okay.
Wolfgang: "Heh, assuming that's really gold we saw."
** Marik shrugs. "It glittered." **
Thasos: "..."
Wolfgang: "Could be they line their nests with their brass feathers"
Marik: "Brass is a lot like gold."
Minnizig: "Brass feathers are probably good on the market too."
Minnizig: "Makes great armor."
Minnizig: Merchant (12) [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [5,5,1] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
GM: Marik leads you northeast through the woods, which are dark and oppressive. You don't see any wild creatures, or at least, nothing approaches you. On the edge of the woods, some of the trees grow in a grid, but they are surrounded by younger trees grow haphazardly.
Beltarne: "Orchard?"
GM: You come out of the woods about 3/4 mile north of town, and stay that distance as you head east until you hit the remains of a road around 12:30.
GM: These are hardwood trees - more likely logging, Beltarne.
Marik: "Orchard, or woodcutters replanting. Any villaged named 'Whte Pines" and sitting on a river was probably a logging community."
Marik: ((I was TOTALLY typing that. I'm Canadian, we know our organized tree-planting.))
GM: The road looks something like the road did north of the pass, only in much worse condition.
GM: Do you follow the road - which heads toward town - or continue circling around?
Beltarne: ((Did medieval cultures replant non food woods?))
GM: Oh, and to the east, the land rises to a wooded hilline, more of those green-gray trees. Dense forest, too.
GM: I have no idea, but the civilization of the West March did, once, apparently.
Marik: Eye on the prize. We want to get to the peninsula. >.>
Marik: It was only a few miles away, I didn't expect to get lost getting there.
GM: ... I'm not sure what the means, direction wise.
Marik: Marik has a much better idea (being there, and being a trained navigator) of where the peninsula is than Marik, who isn't drawing a map of this, does.
Marik: I assume he can find something that he was looking directly at a couple of hours ago, and orient on it.
GM: I can work with that, but I"m not even sure what your intentions are, here.
Wolfgang: circle around still though, yah?
GM: Okay.
GM: Staying 3/4 mile away from town, then?
Marik: Follow the lakeshore roughly (maintaining tree cover until it's impractical to do so) until we reach the peninsula, then head for the peninsula. If possible, give the town a fairly hefty berth.
GM: Note that means you'll enter the woods about 3/4 mile away from the shoreline, and it'll be much harder to navigate through the woods then through the semi-open plains.
GM: ALright!
GM: You continue along the plain, crossing the remains of the road at a right angle and veering slightly southeast after that.
GM: You are headed upslope toward the forest's edge when a heavy branch in a nearby tree suddenly breaks. It drops neatly between Beltarne and Ghazeb, the branches perfectly aligned as to harm neither of them.
GM: Beltarne interpets this as a good omen.
Beltarne: "We should sacrifice to cement the favor of the gods for this omen!"
** Marik has food. Gives over. **
** Wolfgang hands Beltarne some food "Aye, we should" **
** Minnizig digs around in her bag and hands over a days worth of gnome-ratinos. **
Minnizig: *rations.
** Thasos has become accustomed to this, and breaks out some mutton to hand over. **
Minnizig: "Do your thing, godman!"
Beltarne: -6 for delvers, + # with theology, ritual, or meditation, + food
Beltarne: who has any of those three skills?
Ghazeb: "Ghazeb is hungry, the gods must get their own food."
Thasos: meditation here
Beltarne: thasos, anyone else?
** Marik gives over for Ghazeb, too, with a glare. **
** Thasos pokes Ghazeb and glares at him. He snorts. **
Ghazeb: "What?"
Wolfgang: "You should donate twice and maybe they'll save you from bad food!"
** Thasos nods emphatically. **
Ghazeb: "Ghazeb was very hungry when he ate that food."
Beltarne: Okay, so -6 +1 +4?
GM: Thasos has to meditate, first.
GM: To get you that extra +1.
Marik: 2 for Marik, 1 for Thasos, 1 for Wolfgang, and I'm not sure if a gnome-sized ration counts.
GM: Otherwise, -6, +1 for your Theology, +4 for the others.
Marik: It should, since it's blessing a gnome-sized person. >.>
GM: Err, food donations.
GM: Sure, that works.
Thasos: Bad Temper [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [6,5,2] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
** Thasos turns his back on Ghazeb. **
Beltarne: Do I need to roll my theology?
GM: Well, yes?
Minnizig: I have absolutely no relevant skills whatsoever, so I will provide supplies and encouragement. Possibly improvisational musical acompaniment.
Minnizig: On a pennywhistle.
Beltarne: Juuuuust checking!
Marik: ((Dropped from MT, need to be kicked.))
Marik: ((Also, a pennywhistle? Don't you people carry lutes?))
Beltarne: Theology (Holy) (12) [3d6.skill(12,0)] => [6,5,4] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3
Beltarne: ((Boooo. Got that low roll out of the way though))
Beltarne: ((Thasos, meditation?))
GM: You're not entirely sure of the ritual to thank the gods for not braining an ill-mannered cat-folk lout.
Beltarne: ((Or high roll, rather))
Thasos: Meditation (9) [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [1,6,4] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Beltarne: Okies, -6+4!!!
Marik: And Thasos is too distracted by the ill-mannered cat-folk lout to find his center.
Beltarne: Religious Ritual (Holy) (12) [3d6.skill(12,-6+4)] => [3,5,4] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Beltarne: ((Poop))
GM: You've had better days.
Marik: ((Luck?))
GM: But still, not getting brained is a good omen!
Beltarne: It sure is!
Marik: ((...Maybe it's not a good omen at all. Maybe the god of trickery just made something that LOOKED like a good omen so we'd waste our food. It is his high holy day, after all.))
Narrator: The delvers finish their prayers and enter into the woods, struggling over some rugged hills covered in thick forest.
Beltarne: ((Tricksy tricksy god...))
Narrator: Under the trees, the woods are dark and dank. Almost no light makes it to groundlevel through the thick branches and leaves above.
GM: As you move southeast, Marik uses various navigation tricks to keep you on a more-or-less straight line. Sometimes, through breaks in the trees, you can see the old road, which you are more-or-less paralleling.
GM: At one of the breaks, you spot a collection of rabbits, about 50 yards away. They quiver as they catch your scent.
GM: Anyone doing anything about it?
Minnizig: Hm.
Marik: ...Is it normalf or rabbits to come in herds?
Beltarne: They're not bolting immediately?
Wolfgang: How many is a collection?
Marik: And am I allowed to thin out the murder a little?
GM: I think so - bunch of rabbits live in a warren, etc. Marik can hunt - great cycle of live et al.
Minnizig: I'm willing to help with the obvious overpopulaiton problem.
Minnizig: In the name of rabbit stew.
GM: More than a dozen.
Marik: ...Longbows and clothyard shafts are NOT rabbit-hunting gear.
** Wolfgang quietly "This another omen?" **
Marik: But they're what I have.
Minnizig: Totally are.
Marik: "I think it's lunch."
Minnizig: You could like, get TWO rabits for one arrow. Efficiency!
Marik: So. Unless someone objects, getting us some lunch sounds like a plan.
** Thasos holds up a hand, if anyone is watching, and shakes his head. **
** Marik mutters. "You know, if you could simply TELL us why you object, it might be easier to agree with you." **
** Marik lowers his bow, though. "You get to explain to me later why I'm missing out on a fresh brace of coneys." **
Wolfgang: "Beltarne?"
Narrator: The rabbits decide that Ghazeb is a predator, if a slow and ineffective one, and split, zipping off into the woods and diving into their warren.
Beltarne: "Not an omen.... I don't think"
Ghazeb: "Come back, little munchies! Hop hop hop to Ghazeb's stew pot!"
Wolfgang: "Don't suppose you can write out why we had to pass up lunch?"
** Marik rolls his eyes. **
Minnizig: "Never mind food for the hike back?"
Marik: "Let me know when that gets you lunch, Ghazeb."
Ghazeb: "It could work."
** Marik goes back to scouting until his urge to shoot party members cools off. **
Marik: ((It's not cannibalism if you aren't mountain elves.))
GM: So Thasos doesn't explain. After staring at him expectantly, you continue south.
GM: You continue around the lake.
GM: Hey, talk amongst yourselves for a bit.
GM: A long bit.
GM: Thasos, want to explain while Marik wasn't supposed to shoot the rabbits?
Wolfgang: yes, please
Thasos: hrm...
Marik: ((I have the sinking feeling he was shaking his head to say he didn't object.))
Beltarne: I thought it was wierd they didn't bolt, and aren't there supposed to be a tribe of faeries nearby? Or am I mixing up lakes again?
** Thasos conveys, through elaborate gestures, that something didn't seem right about those rabbits. **
Minnizig: "Bad smell? Acting funny? Weird..." *waves hands around vaguely* "chackras?"
** Thasos nods. **
GM: Okay, here we go.
GM: You're walking through the forest. See the forest?
Marik: I can't see the forest, there's a bunch of trees blocking LOS.
** Minnizig pokes Marik. **
GM: Everyone make best Perception (vision, hearing, whatever) check at -5.
Wolfgang: Vision (13) [3d6.skill(13,-5)] => [5,5,2] = 12 vs (8) or less Failure! by 4
Minnizig: Vision (13) [3d6.skill(13,0)] => [5,2,1] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Marik: Vision: [3d6.skill(14,-5+2)] => [2,6,6] = 14 vs (11) or less Failure! by 3
Marik: Luck.
Thasos: Vision (11) [3d6.skill(11,-5)] => [4,4,3] = 11 vs (6) or less Failure! by 5
Marik: Vision: [3d6.skill(14,-5+2)] => [4,1,2] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4
whispering to Minnizig, You notice dark, large, multi-legged shapes moving through the trees toward you rapidly.
Marik: Vision: [3d6.skill(14,-5+2)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1
Beltarne: Vision (14) [3d6.skill(14,-5)] => [3,6,3] = 12 vs (9) or less Failure! by 3
whispering to Marik, You notice dark, large, multi-legged shapes moving through the trees toward you rapidly.
** Marik shouts a warning and readies his bow. "Spiders!" **
whispering to Marik, You suspect these are giant spiders - large, pack hunting spiders that throw webs and like to grab people with multiple arms. They're bigger than humans, too.
Minnizig: "Giant spiders! REALLY giant ones!"
** Thasos readies for combat. **
Beltarne: "What?!"
** Wolfgang gets ready **
whispering to Thasos, You suspect these are demon spiders - they shoot poisonous webs and their bite is acidic. Their skin is acidic, too, so you can't let them touch you for too long.
** Beltarne readies his axe, glancing around frantically **
Beltarne: "Oh gods not again."

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[29]<b> Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

Ghazeb: Fast-Draws his blade and takes an all-out Defend (Parry).

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

Marik: "Watch out, they can throw webs pretty far."
GM: Thasos will be at -1 per hex of range he uses with the meteor hammer due to all the branches.
GM: And Wolfgang can't fly.
Thasos: all-out-defense parry

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Marik
(on deck: [26] Spiders)

Marik: Fast-draw and ready an arrow.
Marik: ###
GM: Oh, right, usual deal with entering tree hexes, only the trunks (orange bits) really impassable.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[26]<b> Spiders
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Spiders: 3 spiders step forward and spew webs at Wolfgang [3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [4,2,2] = 8 vs (11) or less Success! by 3
[3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (11) or less Failure! by 1
[3d6.skill(14,-3)] => [6,3,5] = 14 vs (11) or less Failure! by 3

Wolfgang: block/dodge only?
Spiders: Two more move forward, scuttling over trees and stuff.
GM: If you block, it'll have ahold of your shield.
Wolfgang: Dodge with Shield (10) [3d6.skill(9,0+3)] => [6,4,6] = 16 vs (12) or less Failure! by 4
Wolfgang: ...
Wolfgang: luck
Wolfgang: Dodge with Shield (10) [3d6.skill(9,0+3)] => [6,1,1] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4
Wolfgang: Dodge with Shield (10) [3d6.skill(9,0+3)] => [6,1,3] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
GM: You brush most of it aside, though some of it is adhering a bit.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

Beltarne: Advance forward

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Minnizig)

Beltarne: ###
Wolfgang: how many hexes do they take up?
GM: They're SM+1, so just the center hex really.
GM: ... their legs are long, so they can be hit from the adjacent hexes.
Wolfgang: ok, so closest is 2 away
Wolfgang: ok, rapid strike at the legs
Wolfgang: -2 or -1 because of size?
GM: there's a +1 to hit for size
Wolfgang: ok, DA -2/-1 on both
Wolfgang: Axe [3d6.skill(20,-2-3-1)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3
Wolfgang: Axe [3d6.skill(20,-2-3-1)] => [1,6,3] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4
Spiders: Dodge! Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,-1)] => [3,1,5] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
[3d6.skill(10,-1)] => [3,2,5] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1

Wolfgang: Axe [2d6+8] => [2,6,8] = (16) cut
Wolfgang: ###
Narrator: Wolfgang springs forward and nearly severs one of the spider's legs.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Minnizig
(on deck: [29] Ghazeb)

Minnizig: Local mana conditions!
GM: Low mana!
Minnizig: Ack!
** Minnizig Readies her smallsword and steps back! **
Minnizig: ***
GM: The tree branches scratch at your back, though not through your armor and padding.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[29]<b> Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

Ghazeb: "Ghazeb destroys you!" Move forward and attack with a wild swing! [3d6.skill(9)] => [3,6,1] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

** Thasos moves to get into striking distance. **

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Marik
(on deck: [26] Spiders)

Marik: I don't suppose they're significantly over my friends' heads on their long legs?
GM: Only Minnizig's.
Marik: Drop my backpack, stride forward, and put an arrow into Spider 3.
Marik: -2 for move and attack, +1 for size. Any lighting penalty?
GM: Nope.
GM: It's in the trees, -4 for that.
Marik: Bow: Predictive -2/1 [3d6.skill(20,+1-2-2-4)] => [5,3,1] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
Spiders: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,-2-1)] => [4,5,6] = 15 vs (7) or less Failure! by 8
Marik: Damage: [1d6+7] => [6,7] = (13) impaling
Marik: Er.
Marik: 10 impaling.
Marik: 1d6+4
GM: It shrieks!

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[26]<b> Spiders
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Spiders: Resist knockdown from impaling! [3d6.skill(12)] => [6,4,5] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3
Marik: But didn't take a major wound. That's ominous. >.>
GM: No, just late.
Marik: That makes me feel better. :D
Spiders: Spider 5 makes a committed long determined grappling attack against Marik with 4 arm/legs [3d6.skill(14,4-4)] => [5,2,6] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 DA-4/-2
Marik: Marik makes a retreating, acrobatic dodge wihich may or may not end up being feverish.
Spiders: Spider 1 makes a committed long determined grappling attack against Ghazeb with 4 arm/legs [3d6.skill(14,4-4)] => [6,6,2] = 14 vs (14) or less Success! by 0 DA-4/-2
GM: Can't retreat into the trees - obstructed terrain.
Marik: Acrobatics: [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [1,5,3] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5
Marik: Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,+3+2-2)] => [1,6,6] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
GM: Only apparently clear hex is obstructed? 2 or less on d6 [1d6] => [4] = (4)
GM: Spider 2 moves and attacks to grapple Beltarne [3d6.skill(9)] => [5,4,3] = 12 vs (9) or less Failure! by 3
GM: Other 2 spiders recover? [3d6.skill(12)] => [2,2,4] = 8 vs (12) or less Success! by 4 and [3d6.skill(12)] => [6,3,6] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3
Wolfgang: Are they in the tress or short enough to go under the lowest branches?
** Beltarne shrieks as the spider menaces him **
GM: They're in the trees and have Brachiator so they can move freely through them.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

Beltarne: step back and swing at the leg, DA -4/-2
Beltarne: Axe/Mace (18) [3d6.skill(18,-4+1-2)] => [1,3,5] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4 Includes: +1 from 'Pickaxe Penchant', +3 from 'Extra Pickaxe Penchant'
Spiders: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,-2-2)] => [4,2,2] = 8 vs (6) or less Failure! by 2
GM: Damage?
Beltarne: Axe * Primary [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5) cut
GM: You hack at its leg, but the chitin is like armor plate.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Minnizig)

Beltarne: "Damn freakish monstrosities!"
Wolfgang: is that one I hit stunned?
GM: Yes.
Wolfgang: cool, rapid strike to cut off more legs
Wolfgang: Axe [2d6+8] => [1,3,8] = (12) cut
Wolfgang: oops
Wolfgang: Axe [3d6.skill(20,-3-1)] => [3,6,3] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4
Wolfgang: Axe [3d6.skill(20,-3-1)] => [3,6,4] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3
Wolfgang: Axe [2d6+8] => [6,3,8] = (17) cut
Spiders: Dodge [3d6.skill(10,-4)] => [2,1,4] = 7 vs (6) or less Failure! by 1
Spiders: Dodge [3d6.skill(10,-4)] => [3,6,2] = 11 vs (6) or less Failure! by 5
GM: You cut through one leg and cripple another.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Minnizig
(on deck: [29] Ghazeb)

** Minnizig singsong chants "Ettercap ettercap, on the ground! Ettercap ettercap, makes no sound! Ettercap ettercap, eyes so round! Ettercap ettercap, please fall down!" **
** Minnizig starts casting Tanglefoot on Spider 2, taking no gestures, shouted words, and 2x as long as normal (+2) in Low mana (-5) vs a spider 2 yards away (-2) for a net -5 unless I got this wrong. If it moves up before I finish casting, I'll be at -4 not -5. **
GM: Yeah, you're good.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[29]<b> Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

Minnizig: Sweet. Round 1. Babbel!
Minnizig: ***
Ghazeb: Rapid-strike Slash at Spider 1 [3d6.skill(22,1-3-4)] => [5,1,3] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7 DA-4/-2
[3d6.skill(22,1-3-4)] => [1,4,4] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7 DA-4/-2

Spiders: Dodge and retreat! [3d6.skill(10,3-2)] => [2,6,1] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
[3d6.skill(10,3-2)] => [4,2,3] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

Thasos: okay, -2 deceptive attack on spider 5
Thasos: -1 for trees, but +1 right?
Thasos: for size?
GM: -2 for a Reach 2 attack.
GM: but yeah, +1 for size.
Thasos: ah, -1 per hex, understood
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [3d6.skill(18,-3)] => [1,5,6] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Spiders: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,-2)] => [5,3,6] = 14 vs (8) or less Failure! by 6
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [2d6+3+0] => [3,2,3,0] = (8) cr

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Marik
(on deck: [26] Spiders)

Narrator: The meteor hammer crunches against the spider to little effect.
Marik: Fast-draw and fast-ready an arrow, and put it into Spider 5.
Marik: -3 for fast-ready, +1 size, doesn't appear to be in the trees?
GM: Not in the trees, yes.
** Thasos looks shocked at his weapon merely bounces off the spider's body. **
Marik: Bow: Predictive -4/2 [3d6.skill(20,+1-3-4)] => [3,4,6] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1
Spiders: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,-2)] => [5,2,5] = 12 vs (8) or less Failure! by 4
Marik: Damage: [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5) impaling
Marik: Eugh.
Marik: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[26]<b> Spiders
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Spiders: Spider 3 steps forward and spits webbing at Marik [3d6.skill(14)] => [5,5,2] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Spiders: Spider 1 steps forward and grapples Ghazeb with 4 legs [3d6.skill(14,4-4)] => [3,3,4] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4 DA-4/-2
Marik: Acrobatics: [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,4,1] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7
Marik: Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,+2)] => [6,3,6] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3
Spiders: Spider 2 steps to the side and grapples Beltarne with 4 legs [3d6.skill(14,4-4)] => [5,6,1] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2 DA-4/-2
Beltarne: Feverish retreating dodge!
Marik: 11 min shy of Luck.
Spiders: Spider 5 steps foirward and grapples Marik with 4 legs [3d6.skill(14,4-4)] => [4,4,5] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 DA-4/-2
Beltarne: Dodge (10) [3d6.skill(10,+3+1-2)] => [2,6,4] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Spiders: Spider 4 recovers? [3d6.skill(12)] => [1,3,1] = 5 vs (12) or less Success! by 7
GM: Beltarne trips over a root? [1d6] => [5] = (5)
Beltarne: ((Success by 1, that should have been))
Ghazeb: Block! [3d6.skill(12,2-2)] => [6,6,6] = 18 vs (12) or less Critical Failure! by 6 [B556]
Ghazeb: Luck!
Ghazeb: Block! [3d6.skill(12,2-2)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (12) or less Failure! by 4
Ghazeb: Block! [3d6.skill(12,2-2)] => [6,5,5] = 16 vs (12) or less Failure! by 4
Beltarne: ((and thanks for moving me))
Wolfgang: ...
Wolfgang: shield wall on the cat
Wolfgang: Block (12) [3d6.skill(12,-2+3)] => [4,6,2] = 12 vs (13) or less Success! by 1
GM: Marik needs to make an Entangled dodge against Spider 5
GM: Cool.
Minnizig: I'm not seeing kevin's stuff?
Beltarne: ((That's literally 1 in 500,000 odds))
Marik: Entangled is Grappled, -1 to dodge due to -4 DX?
GM: No retreat or Acrobatics, either.
Marik: Feverish Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,+2-1)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (11) or less Failure! by 1
Marik: "I'm in trouble here!"

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

Wolfgang: "I hear ya!"
Beltarne: DA -4/-2 at the leg, again
Beltarne: Axe/Mace (18) [3d6.skill(18,-4+1-2)] => [6,5,5] = 16 vs (13) or less Failure! by 3 Includes: +1 from 'Pickaxe Penchant', +3 from 'Extra Pickaxe Penchant'

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Minnizig)

Beltarne: ((Awesome rolls tonight))
Wolfgang: signature attack on spider 5
GM: uhm, okay.
Wolfgang: DA -2/-1
GM: you're at -2 on the attack 'cause it's holding Marik.
Wolfgang: Signature Attack feint [3d6.skill(20,-2+1-2)] => [3,2,4] = 9 vs (17) or less Success! by 8 attack [3d6.skill(20,-2+1-2-2)] => [6,6,1] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2
Spiders: Resist feint! [3d6.skill(14,-8)] => [3,3,3] = 9 vs (6) or less Failure! by 3
Wolfgang: not sure how the minus for him or size works on the feint
Spiders: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,-3-1)] => [2,6,5] = 13 vs (6) or less Failure! by 7
GM: Doesn't matter, apparently.
Wolfgang: Axe [2d6+8] => [3,2,8] = (13) cut
Marik: Dodge at -11? Critfail?
Spiders: Resist major wound! [3d6.skill(12)] => [3,3,3] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3
GM: ???
Minnizig: (-3. Mark did the thing where he puts the other guys margin in his roll again)
Marik: Oh!
Marik: Sorry, I was failing at the math on the -- yeah, what Minnizig said.
Wolfgang: Wolfgang swings at the spider that Ghazeb is fighting, then reverse and clobbers the spider grabbing Marik, chopping it in two.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Minnizig
(on deck: [29] Ghazeb)

Narrator: Wolfgang swings at the spider that Ghazeb is fighting, then reverse and clobbers the spider grabbing Marik, chopping it in two.
Minnizig: Uh. Ok. Is that range 1, or 0 now?
GM: Range 1.
Minnizig: Overlapping confuses me.
Minnizig: OK, so -4, not -5!
Minnizig: Tanglefoot (Bardic) (15) [3d6.skill(15,-4)] => [5,1,2] = 8 vs (11) or less Success! by 3 for [2] => 2 FP
Minnizig: R-DX
Spiders: Resist! [3d6.skill(14)] => [4,2,6] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Narrator: The spider's legs fly out to the sides, and it drops heavily to the ground.
Minnizig: Luck.
GM: Why?
Minnizig: oh'
Minnizig: no luck :D
Minnizig: Was totally not expecting that to work

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[29]<b> Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

Minnizig: So was ready to drop luck on him :D
Ghazeb: Rapid-strike Slash at Spider 1 [3d6.skill(22,1-3-4)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3 DA-4/-2
[3d6.skill(22,1-3-4)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3 DA-4/-2

Spiders: Dodge and retreat! [3d6.skill(10,3-2)] => [2,1,4] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4
[3d6.skill(10,3-2)] => [5,2,2] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

Thasos: okay, -1 penalty for 1 hex, -2 for deceptive?
Thasos: oh, and i'm using power blow
GM: Spider 5 is down.
Thasos: ah, so i see
GM: You could step forward and attack Spider 3, but you'd need to pass a DX check to get over the body.
Thasos: i'll do that then
Thasos: DX (16) [3d6.skill(16,0)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4
Thasos: that's the distance for -1?
GM: -1 at the legs, -2 for the main body.
Thasos: hmmm... okay, i'll just go with the -2 for the body, no DA
Thasos: oh wait, still has +1 for size...
GM: Alright.
Thasos: hmm... okay, -2 DA -2 body and +1 size
Thasos: Power Blow (11) [3d6.skill(11,0)] => [3,6,1] = 10 vs (11) or less Success! by 1 Includes: +2 from 'Chi Talent'
** Thasos gathers his chi. **
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [2d6+3+-3] => [5,3,3,-3] = (8) cr
Thasos: oh wait, wrong one
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [3d6.skill(18,-3)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Spiders: Dodge and slip! [3d6.skill(10,1)] => [3,1,2] = 6 vs (11) or less Success! by 5

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[28]<b> Marik
(on deck: [26] Spiders)

Wolfgang: sneaky spider!
Narrator: The spider dodges under the meteor hammer and advances on Marik.
Thasos: so is that 3 fatigue or just 2?
Thasos: :(
Marik: I'm still grappled by webs?
Marik: (But presumably not by dead spider)
GM: Just 1, I think, or 2 with a mighty blow.
GM: You are grappled by the webs.
Thasos: yeah, i was doing both mighty blow and power blow
Marik: Fast-Draw Arrow: [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2 Fast-Load: [3d6.skill(20,-3-4)] => [4,5,6] = 15 vs (13) or less Failure! by 2
Marik: I ready an arrow.
GM: Okay.
Marik: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[26]<b> Spiders
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Spiders: Spider 4 limps off. Spider 1 steps forward, grapples Ghazeb [3d6.skilll(14,4+2-6)] => 3d6.skilll(14,4+2-6) DA-6/-3
Spiders: Spider 4 limps off. Spider 1 steps forward, grapples Ghazeb [3d6.skill(14,4+2-6)] => [1,4,4] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5 DA-6/-3
Ghazeb: Block! [3d6.skill(12,2-3)] => [3,1,5] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Spiders: Spider 3 grapples Marik [3d6.skill(14,4+2-6)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2 DA-6/-3
GM: Just remembered they get a bonus for being bigger, too.
Spiders: Spider 2 gets to its knees.
Marik: Feverish Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,+2-1)] => [1,4,2] = 7 vs (11) or less Success! by 4
Marik: Success by 1 with the DA.
GM: okay.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[25]<b> Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

Beltarne: Telegraphed flurry of blows, both at the neck
GM: Uhm... so -11 in penalties... yeah, go for it.
Beltarne: +4 tel, -5 neck, -3 flurry, +1 SM?
GM: Right.
Beltarne: Axe/Mace (18) [3d6.skill(18,+4-5+1-3)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (15) or less Success! by 0 Includes: +1 from 'Pickaxe Penchant', +3 from 'Extra Pickaxe Penchant'
Spiders: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,2-2)] => [3,1,1] = 5 vs (10) or less Success! by 5
Beltarne: Axe/Mace (18) [3d6.skill(18,+4-5+1-3)] => [5,4,6] = 15 vs (15) or less Success! by 0 Includes: +1 from 'Pickaxe Penchant', +3 from 'Extra Pickaxe Penchant'
Spiders: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,2-2)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (10) or less Failure! by 1
Spiders: DOh!
Beltarne: Axe * Primary [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8) cut
Spiders: Resist knockdown against a neck wound! [3d6.skill(12)] => [5,5,3] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
Beltarne: "And stay down!"
** Minnizig sings, mockingly, "Itsy bitsy spider, sitting with a pout, down came the PAIN and knocked the spider out!" **
Narrator: The spider collapses and begins trying to get back to its feet spasmodically.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Minnizig)

Wolfgang: hmm, if I move left, do I have a penalty to hit the legs because of my two friends?
Wolfgang: if so what?
GM: You mean to the NW? Yes, they'd be blocking the attack entirely.
GM: Eh... -4 penalty.
Wolfgang: I can't fly in the clearing?
GM: You could, if it weren't filled with weapons and spiders.
Wolfgang: ok, no penalty for legs there?
GM: Yeah, that's fine.
Wolfgang: ok, rapid strike on the legs
Wolfgang: -2/-1 DA
Wolfgang: Axe [3d6.skill(20,-3-1-2)] => [3,3,2] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6
GM: Go for it.
Wolfgang: Axe [3d6.skill(20,-6)] => [2,5,5] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Spiders: Spider 3 dodges and retreats! [3d6.skill(10,3-1)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
[3d6.skill(10,3-1)] => [5,5,4] = 14 vs (12) or less Failure! by 2

GM: Damage?
Wolfgang: Axe [2d6+8] => [2,3,8] = (13) cut
GM: Thanks.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: </b>[24]<b> Minnizig
(on deck: [29] Ghazeb)

** Minnizig sings, "Up came the axe-man, dealing out the pain, and the itsy bitsy spider cannot get up again!" **
** Minnizig casts Might +3 on Beltarne! -1 for range, -5 for mana! Luck don't fail me now! **
Minnizig: Might (Bardic) (15) [3d6.skill(15,-5-1)] => [3,4,3] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1 for [6] => 6 FP
Minnizig: Luck!
Wolfgang: +1 for song!!!
Minnizig: +2 for shouting, -2 for no hands free :/
Minnizig: Might (Bardic) (15) [3d6.skill(15,-5-1)] => [5,5,5] = 15 vs (9) or less Failure! by 6
Minnizig: Might (Bardic) (15) [3d6.skill(15,-5-1)] => [3,6,2] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Minnizig: buggah.
GM: Ah, well.
Minnizig: step behind Beltarne.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.