FANDOM


Narrator: The delvers are locked in mortal combat with a bunch of goblins, their shock lizard pets, and a pair of man-sized eagles with green mold on their feathers.
GM: To review: Trees are trees. You can't move through the orange trunks. You're at -4 to attack anyone in a green hex, and another -4 to attack (and -2 to defend) if you're in a green hex, because of all the branches and whatnot in the way. Also, they cost double to move through and you can't retreat through them.
GM: Red lines indicate the start of down slope. Grey lines indicate the end of the slope (and a 3 yd elevation change). Orange lines indicate a 3 yd elevation change in the current slop.
GM: Err, slope. Big gray rocks provide cover (-4 to shoot through them) but don't break line of sight unless you crouch.
GM: I think that's the relevant details.
Beltarne: ((You forgot to mention that the delvers are also awesome))
GM: Wolfgang has been fighting with/running from manavores in the sky for the better part of the last 10 minutes, and has only just managed to break free of dozens of tentacles and swoop back down to near ground level. He's taken 4 hits damage from a goblin crossbow and lost 5 FP in the fight.
GM: So. Let's get to the fight!

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

Ghazeb: I'm swinging for the neck of the goblin in front of me
GM: Okay, simple enough. -5 for the neck, I don't think any other penalties.
Ghazeb: -5 for called shot, +1 for weapon bond, +1 for blessed
GM: Right.
Ghazeb: wait, to give the goblin penalties to defend i take another -2 penalty for each -1 i give right?
GM: Correct!
Beltarne: ((Correct))
Ghazeb: okay, I'll take another -2 like that
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(21,-7+2)] => [2,1,2] = 5 vs (16) or less Critical Success! by 11 [B556]
Ghazeb: Critical!
GM: [3d6.crit_hit()] => [1,1,2] = 4 The victim's DR protects at half value, rounded down, after applying any armor divisors. [B556]
GM: Roll damage.
Firefly: (( NICE result! ))
Ghazeb: Now I don't know what to do
Ghazeb: Okay
Ghazeb: I'm happy
Ghazeb: [2d6(+6)] => 2d6(+6)
Ghazeb: how do i just roll?
Ghazeb: no skill rolls?
Ghazeb: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
Ghazeb: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
Firefly: No brackets
Ghazeb: =6 is 14
Firefly: no ()s
GM: Okay, 14 damage it is.
Ghazeb: okay, well I rolled with the buttons
Ghazeb: Thanks Emily
Firefly: so [ **Fudged Roll** 2d6+6 **Fudged Roll** ]
Ghazeb: 2d6+6
Narrator: Ghazeb duels with two goblins. His blade beats back one's axe, then he cleanly cuts off its head with one might blow.
Firefly: with [#93;'s :D
GM: Taking a step?
Ghazeb: :)
Firefly: er.
Ghazeb: yeah, thanks
GM: Okay.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

Thasos: I'm going to turn and ready my meteor hammer okay?
GM: Perfectly fine!

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Marik
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagles)

Kevin: Fast-draw, fast-ready. Deke around this Goblin and shoot him in the back.
GM: I thought you weren't doing that anymore?
Kevin: Up to you, I guess. I think it's kind of cheesy and silly, but as long as its allowed I'm going to take advantage of it. :P
GM: Ah.
GM: In that case, it's not allowed.
GM: I'll revise the house rule if you think you're sucking too much.
Kevin: Hmm, these guys have been moving what, 5?
GM: 6.
Kevin: In that case, Move.
Kevin: ###
GM: I'll let you Move and Ready without penalty.
GM: That seems fair.
Kevin: Works for me.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagles
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Giant Eagle: Giant eagle #2 struggles to its knees!
Giant Eagle: Giant Eagle #1 emits a cloud of disgusting green and yellow spores and flies toward Marik.
Firefly: Eeeew.
Firefly: They burn up in my fiery aura? :D
GM: Hardly.
GM: Roll HT-2 to resist the disease for both Firefly and Beltarne.
Firefly: Shucks :D
Kevin: 'emitting disgusting green and yellow spores' is 'clearly not natural', right?
Firefly: HT (11) [3d6.skill(11,-2)] => [1,3,1] = 5 vs (9) or less Success! by 4
Beltarne: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,+1-2)] => [1,2,3] = 6 vs (12) or less Success! by 6
Firefly: I'd say that's pretty freaky.
Beltarne: ((DOn't forget bless!))
GM: Marik has heard of some critters that can do something like that. He's not sure.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [25] Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

** Beltarne runs towards Marik, legs pumping furiously! **
Beltarne: ###

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Firefly)

Ted: what are goblins 4 and 8 carrying weapon wise and have they seen me?
Beltarne: Th' damn birds are Divine Servitors of Disease!
GM: Crossbows, loaded and leveled. You're not sure who they're aimed at. You can't tell if they've seen you, but if they have, they're doing a good job of concealing it.
** Thasos nods and snorts, agreeing with disgust. **
Wolfgang: hmm, if I move to shield slam I can only get flank?
GM: For the rear goblin, yes.
Wolfgang: better than nothing
Wolfgang: drop pack, move and shield slam him (flying but will be landed once end of move)
GM: I assumed you'd dropped your pack before taking off to scout.
GM: Since that would be sane.
Wolfgang: ok
Wolfgang: didn't know, but that works
Wolfgang: oh, DA -2/-1 also
Wolfgang: Shield (Shield) (16) [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [2,3,2] = 7 vs (14) or less Success! by 7 Includes: +1 from 'Master of Arms'
Goblins: Dodge and retreat! [3d6.skill(8,3-2)] => [4,1,5] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
Wolfgang: damage is [2d6+3] => [5,6,3] = (14)
Wolfgang: he rolls 2d also, if it's less than half mine he falls also
GM: Goblin's damage is [2d6+1] => [5,6,1] = (12)
Wolfgang: but my shield will eat it all
GM: You clobber the goblin, overberaring him and knocking him away.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Firefly
(on deck: [24] Goblin Thug)

Firefly: Cast a 2d fireball! -5 for low mana, -2 for two spells on: Missile Shield and Flame Shield, aye?
GM: Right.
** Firefly burns with arcane fire as she steps up to 4 yards in the air and shouts "Kalipunan ng sunog!" **
Firefly: Fireball (18) [3d6.skill(18,-5-2+1)] => [6,2,1] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3 for [1] => 1 FP
Wolfgang: also, I have my axe out, just for refrence
Firefly: (+1 for blessing!)
GM: Okay.

8) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Goblin Thug
(on deck: [23] Goblin Goon)

Firefly: ***
Goblins: Brute 5 pivots and chases after Marik, swinging! [3d6.skill(9)] => [1,6,1] = 8 vs (9) or less Success! by 1
Marik: Retreat and dodge Brute 5.
Goblins: Brute 1 pivots and chases after Marik!
Marik: Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,+3+1)] => [4,3,2] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5

9) YOUR TURN NOW:: [23] Goblin Goon
(on deck: [22] Shock Lizard)

Goblins: Goblin 8 steps back and turns slightly, then shoots Wolfgang in the ribs! [3d6.skill(15,-2)] => [4,2,5] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2 PA -2/-1
Goblins: Goblin 7 steps to the side and swings at Ghazeb! [3d6.skill(15,-2)] => [1,3,2] = 6 vs (13) or less Success! by 7 DA-2/-1
Goblins: ... and we're outta mooks.
Ghazeb: parry
Goblins: Roll it.
Ghazeb: wait, any penalties?
Goblins: Just the -1 for his deceptive attack.
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(15,-1,+2)] => 3d6.skill(15,-1,+2)
Ghazeb: damn...
Ghazeb: sorry
Wolfgang: dodge
Ghazeb: what's wrong there?
Goblins: Lose the second comma.
Wolfgang: [3d6.skill(9,+1-3)] => [4,5,6] = 15 vs (7) or less Failure! by 8
Firefly: too many commas
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(15,+2-1)] => [2,6,2] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6
Ghazeb: that,s right, thanks
Ghazeb: still too many com,mas
Goblins: Damage to Wolfgang is [1d6+5] => [5,5] = (10)
Ghazeb: ouch
GM: These goblins use poison. Wolfgang rolls HT to resist.
Wolfgang: HT (14) [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [4,2,1] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8
Wolfgang: 3 got throught DR, imp?
GM: Right!

10) YOUR TURN NOW:: [22] Shock Lizard
(on deck: [28] Ghazeb)

Wolfgang: so 6 total
Shock Lizard: Shock Lizard #2 moves and zaps Firefly with lightning! [3d6.skill(18,-2-2-6)] => [3,2,6] = 11 vs (8) or less Failure! by 3
Shock Lizard: Shock Lizard #1 moves and zaps Beltarne with lightning! [3d6.skill(18,-2-4)] => [1,5,5] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1
GM: Beltarne can defend at -2.
GM: Shield side flank shot.
** Firefly watches the bolt go flying under her toes. "Watchit!" **
Beltarne: [3d6.skill(11,+1-2)}
Beltarne: [3d6.skill(11,+1-2)] => [3,1,4] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2
GM: Metal shield?
Beltarne: Beltarne blocks beautifically!
Marik: Not unless it's Dwarven.
Beltarne: No, wood
GM: Okay.
GM: Lightning sizzles on your shield.

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

Beltarne: ((Metal is too damn heavy))
Ghazeb: Alright... called shot on the weapon hand for -2, deceptive attacks as well, for another -4
Ghazeb: everything kosher? anything else?
GM: That's fine.
Ghazeb: no, -6 more, not -4 more
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(21,-8+2)] => [5,2,5] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Ghazeb: so -3 to defend from deceptive attack
Goblins: Block and retreat! [3d6.skill(10, 2+1-3)] => [2,3,2] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
GM: He skillfully wards off your blow as he steps back.
Ghazeb: and a step

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

** Thasos whirls his fearsome weapon in an overhand swing a few times, and brings the heavy weight down on the eagle. **
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [3d6.skill(18,1)] => [1,3,6] = 10 vs (19) or less Success! by 9
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [2d6+3+0] => [5,4,3,0] = (12) cr
Giant Eagle: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10,-2-1)] => [6,3,2] = 11 vs (7) or less Failure! by 4
GM: You clobber him pretty good.
Giant Eagle: Resist stun! [3d6.skill(12)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (12) or less Failure! by 3
GM: It falls down again, smashed into the earth.
** Thasos smirks. **

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Marik
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagles)

Marik: You know, I'm starting to feel like the monkey chasing the weasel.
Marik: The Eagle's 3 yards up - I can go under him?
GM: You might risk getting clawed, but it's pretty unlikely.
Marik: Acrobatic movement; duck and roll under the eagle, spring to my feet, leap to the top of the rock, shoot Goblin 1 in the back, bounce down and finish my movement. The 'duck and roll' is for flavor, I figure, so the eagle does get his claw attempt.
Marik: Acrobatics: [3d6.skill(14,+1-2)] => [5,6,5] = 16 vs (13) or less Failure! by 3
Marik: Acrobatics: [3d6.skill(14,+1-2)] => [6,4,6] = 16 vs (13) or less Failure! by 3
Marik: Luck.
Marik: Acrobatics: [3d6.skill(14,+1-2)] => [5,5,3] = 13 vs (13) or less Success! by 0
Marik: That is the second time I've had to use Luck on an acrobatics roll to get over that rock.
Ghazeb: Your lucky rock
Marik: 5 MP used, firing.
Giant Eagle: Armed Interdiction! [3d6.skill(13,-2-2)] => [3,3,1] = 7 vs (9) or less Success! by 2
GM: Dodge at -2, he's above you.
Marik: He needs an attack skill roll as well.
GM: Oh? Oops.
Marik: It's a parry roll, followed by an attack roll.
Giant Eagle: [3d6.skill(20, -5)] => [3,6,2] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4 headshot with a -3 to defend for height difference.
Marik: Acrobatic movement gives me a +2 to dodge! Feverish Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,-3+1+2+2)] => [3,3,4] = 10 vs (12) or less Success! by 2
GM: Well.
Marik: I have range -1, no other penalties?
GM: Right.
Marik: Bodkin to the Skull: [3d6.skill(20,+1-1-5)] => [4,3,3] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Marik: Runaround attack, no shield DB.
Goblins: Dodge! [3d6.skill(8,-2)] => [6,3,5] = 14 vs (6) or less Failure! by 8
Marik: Not his day.
Marik: [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7) pi(2) to the skull.
Marik: Finish movement.
Marik: ##
Goblins: Resist Major Wound to the skull! [3d6.skill(12,3-10)] => [2,5,3] = 10 vs (5) or less Failure! by 5
Goblins: Falls unconscious.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagles
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Giant Eagle: Eagle 1 performs an Immelmann and attacks Marik [3d6.skill(13)] => [2,4,2] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Giant Eagle: All-out attack, move and double grapple! [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [4,6,5] = 15 vs (14) or less Failure! by 1
[3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3 DA-2/-1 on both.

Marik: Looks like flank as well as deceptive?
GM: That's his plan.
Marik: Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,+1-2-1)] => [1,1,4] = 6 vs (8) or less Success! by 2
Marik: ...Wow.
GM: Can't win for losing.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [25] Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

** Beltarne runs some more! **
GM: Excitement.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Firefly)

Wolfgang: step and signature attack the goblin
Wolfgang: can I add more DA to the SA?
GM: Yes.
Wolfgang: rapid strike feint and attack [3d6.skill(20,-3+1+1)] => [3,3,2] = 8 vs (19) or less Success! by 11 DA -4/-2 [3d6.skill(20,-3-4+1+1)] => [2,6,6] = 14 vs (15) or less Success! by 1
Goblins: Resist feint! [3d6.skill(15)] => [1,5,4] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Goblins: Dodge and retreat! [3d6.skill(8,-2-6+3)] => [4,5,2] = 11 vs (3) or less Failure! by 8
Wolfgang: damage [2d6+8] => [6,4,8] = (18) cut
** Wolfgang thinks that's gonna be messy **
GM: Wolfgang spins and chops into the goblin's side, severing its spine.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Firefly
(on deck: [24] Goblin Thug)

Ghazeb: :)
Firefly: Step up to total elevation of 5, launch Fireball at shocker lizard #2, who tried to ZAP her, the naughty little thing!
Firefly: Total range penalty is 0, anything else?
GM: They're SM-1.
Firefly: Hokay!
Firefly: Fireball [3d6.skill(15,-1)] => [2,4,3] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5
Shock Lizard: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10)] => [2,5,1] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2
Firefly: Luck. Reroll that twice.
GM: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10)] => [3,5,4] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
GM: Dodge! [3d6.skill(10)] => [3,1,1] = 5 vs (10) or less Success! by 5
Firefly: (Shoulda had a +1 for my bless, but I was successful anyways)
GM: He skitters out the way until his tail catches the ball.
Firefly: Fireball [2d6] => [5,5] = (10) burn
Shock Lizard: Resist stun from the major wound as fire envelopes him! [3d6.skill(10)] => [3,1,4] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2
GM: Ignition is before DR, right?
Firefly: Pyromania! [3d6.skill(12)] => [1,3,1] = 5 vs (12) or less Success! by 7
** Firefly resists the urge to cackle maniacally. **
Marik: Ignition is before DR if the DR is flammable.
Marik: Usually.
Marik: At least, that makes sense.
Beltarne: Nope
GM: ... is lizard hide flamable? We'll call it partial ignition.
Beltarne: ((Nevermind, wronf window))

8) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Goblin Thug
(on deck: [23] Goblin Goon)

Goblins: Goblin 5 tuns and runs, taking cover by the rock.

9) YOUR TURN NOW:: [23] Goblin Goon
(on deck: [22] Shock Lizard)

Goblins: "Hah!" shouts Goblin 7, and steps to the side, swinging at Ghazeb! [3d6.skill(15,-2)] => [3,3,2] = 8 vs (13) or less Success! by 5
Ghazeb: parry!
Ghazeb: wait, is that -1 for DA I see there?
GM: Sure, he's not an idiot.
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(15,+2,-1)] => 3d6.skill(15,+2,-1)
Ghazeb: ah, commas
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(15,+2-1)] => [3,1,2] = 6 vs (16) or less Critical Success! by 10 [B556]
Ghazeb: that doesn't mean i cut his hand does it?  :)
GM: [3d6.crit_miss()] => [4,2,5] = 11 You drop your weapon (& a cheap weapon breaks). [B556]
Narrator: The goblin continues chopping at Ghazeb, who quickly disarms him but doesn't dismember him. Yet.
Firefly: You force him into a critical failure on his attack :D

10) YOUR TURN NOW:: [22] Shock Lizard
(on deck: [28] Ghazeb)

Ghazeb: nice
Shock Lizard: Lizard #1 moves after Beltarne, zapping him with lightning! [3d6.skill(18,-2-4)] => [2,2,5] = 9 vs (12) or less Success! by 3
Firefly: "Bad lizard!"
Shock Lizard: Lizard #2 steps and takes a pained shot at Firefly! [3d6.skill(18,-6-4-3)] => [1,6,6] = 13 vs (5) or less Failure! by 8
Shock Lizard: Also takes... no damage, never mind.
Beltarne: ((Defense at -2 for from behind?))
Firefly: "Very bad lizard!"
Shock Lizard: No defense for Beltarne, attack was from his blind spot! [2d6-2] => [3,4,-2] = (5) damage, effective DR2!
GM: ... Roll HT-1 or be stunned.
Beltarne: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,-1+1)] => [6,6,4] = 16 vs (13) or less Failure! by 3
Beltarne: Stunned
GM: Owch. Falls face down? [1d2] => [2] = (2)

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

Ghazeb: Okay
Ghazeb: rapid strike for -3 on two different attacks
Ghazeb: one is at another called shot to get that hand
Ghazeb: -5 for that then
Ghazeb: the other is DA with -4 for a total of -7
Ghazeb: everything look alright?
GM: Looks fine.
Ghazeb: sorry, another -2 DA on the called shot
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(21,+2-7)] => [4,2,6] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4
Ghazeb: that's the called shot
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(21,+2-7)] => [2,5,2] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7
Ghazeb: that's the DA
Goblins: Retreat, dodging and blocking! [3d6.skill(8,2+3-1)] => [2,3,1] = 6 vs (12) or less Success! by 6
[3d6.skill(10,2+1-2)] => [5,6,4] = 15 vs (11) or less Failure! by 4

GM: He avoids your shot to his hand but you just continue on into his chest. Damage?
Ghazeb: so he blocked the called shot but, yup
Ghazeb: im just rolling by hitting the buttons
Ghazeb: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
Ghazeb: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
Ghazeb: 14 damage
GM: He collapses in a spray of blood.

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

Ghazeb: works for me :)
Ghazeb: and a step
** Thasos whirls his meteor hammer underhand this time. Oops! It looks like he released the weight wrong as it shoots into the sky. Suddenly, he does a standing high kick, catching the chain with his foot and bringing it zooming back down right at the eagle's skull. **
Thasos: called shot to skull, deceptive attack for +4 to roll
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [2d6+3+-7+5] => [3,2,3,-7,5] = (6) cr
GM: ...
Thasos: wrong button :P
GM: Telegraphed attack, maybe, and roll skill first?
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [3d6.skill(18,-7+4)] => [6,5,4] = 15 vs (15) or less Success! by 0
Thasos: whatever, they were in the same slot
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [2d6+3+0] => [1,3,3,0] = (7) cr
Giant Eagle: Dodgish thing? [3d6.skill(11,2-4-2-3)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (4) or less Failure! by 9
Thasos: meh, i liked that 15 better :P
GM: You smash its skull and it stops moving mostly.

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Marik
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagles)

** Thasos spits on the twitching corpse. **
Marik: Holding bow in left hand, draw a knife, turn, and telegraph a cut to the giant eagle's neck, then step back.
Marik: Fast-Draw (Knife): [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [5,3,5] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1
Marik: Long Knife Swing: [3d6.skill(16,+1-5)] => [2,2,2] = 6 vs (12) or less Success! by 6
Marik: Forgot my +4 on there, but the +4 from telegraphing can't make a crit.
Marik: Damage: [2d6-2] => [3,3,-2] = (4) cutting to the neck.
Marik: Ahwell!
Marik: Blergh.
Marik: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagles
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Giant Eagle: Step/fly to Marik's flank, bite him [3d6.skill(20,-8)] => [4,3,6] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1 DA-8/-4
Giant Eagle: Doh!

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [25] Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

Marik: ((Did I even penetrate DR? =/))
Giant Eagle: Yes.
** Beltarne twitches **
Beltarne: IQ (14) [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [2,3,5] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
GM: Well, good enough.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Firefly)

Beltarne: ((And recovers from stun))
Beltarne: ###
Wolfgang: move up!

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Firefly
(on deck: [24] Goblin Thug)

Firefly: Step another step into the air, cast another 2d fireball! -5 low mana, -2 spells on, +1 bless!
GM: Aren't you out of fatigue?
Firefly: I got that, right?
GM: No, not quite.
GM: Right.
Firefly: No?
Firefly: I have 5 FP, 0 ER.
GM: 'kay.
** Thasos sees Ghazeb fighting two goblins out of the corner of his eye. He doesn't think that's fair - Ghazeb might kill them both. **
Firefly: This will be FOUR FP after this.
Firefly: Fireball (18) [3d6.skill(18,-5-2+1)] => [1,2,2] = 5 vs (12) or less Success! by 7 for [1] => 1 FP
** Ghazeb killed them both **

8) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Goblin Thug
(on deck: [23] Goblin Goon)

Goblins: Committed attack (Determined, Long) on Marik! [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [4,1,4] = 9 vs (14) or less Success! by 5 DA-2/-1
Marik: ((Long, or Extra Step?))
Marik: ((Long imposes a penalty for swinging damage.))
GM: Err... extra step.
Marik: ((But leaves him a square away from me.))
Marik: Retreat and dodge, since I didn't move and attack!
Marik: Acrobatically even!
Marik: Acrobatics: [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [4,3,3] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Marik: Dodge: [3d6.skill(10,+3+1-1+2)] => [6,5,6] = 17 vs (15) or less Critical Failure! [B556]
Marik: Uhoh
Marik: *checks Luck*
Marik: 12 minutes away.
Firefly: Aaiee
Marik: Faceup on 1 [1d2] => [1] = (1)
GM: ... wow, I actually hit somebody?
Marik: Not only that, but if it weren't for the DA penalty that would have been just a failure.
Goblins: "Hrrmmay!" Damage is [3d6+1] => [4,3,5,1] = (13)
Marik: Ow, my HPs.
GM: C'mon, that's only 19 after DR.
Marik: Cutting?
GM: Yep, it's an axe.
GM: Poisoned, even, so roll HT to resist that, too.
Firefly: Ow!
Marik: [((13-2)*1.5)] => 16.5
GM: Err, 16, right right.
GM: Even better!
Marik: I have 16 after DR.
Marik: HT: [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [3,3,5] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4 vs. Poison and HT: [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [5,6,5] = 16 vs (15) or less Failure! by 1 vs. Major Wound and HT: [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [5,5,3] = 13 vs (15) or less Success! by 2 vs. Knockout.
GM: You take 2 points of damage from the monster drool on his axe head. It's really just insult to injury.
GM: Wait, sorry, no. No drool damage, just stunned.

9) YOUR TURN NOW:: [22] Shock Lizard
(on deck: [28] Ghazeb)

Shock Lizard: Lizard #2 keeps shooting Firefly [3d6.skill(18,-6-3)] => [2,5,4] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Shock Lizard: Lizard #1... shoots Beltarne, Marik, Firefly, or Wolfgang [1d7] => [7] = (7)
Shock Lizard: Step and attack on Wolfgang! [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [2,5,5] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Wolfgang: block!
Wolfgang: [3d6.skill(15,+1)] => [4,2,1] = 7 vs (16) or less Success! by 9

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

Ghazeb: not much to do but move up north,
Ghazeb: i'll move my mini, but am otherwise done

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

** Thasos snorts and takes off after Ghazeb, determined to catch up on kills. **

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Marik
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagles)

Marik: "Whu... ugh... Wait, that's supposed to be on the INSIDE..."
Marik: Recover: [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [6,5,1] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagles
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Giant Eagle: Land on Marik and bite his face! [3d6.skill(20,-5)] => [4,6,4] = 14 vs (15) or less Success! by 1
Marik: Feverish Knife Parry: [3d6.skill(9,+1+2-3)] => [4,1,5] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
Marik: Luck! By 2 minutes!
Marik: Feverish Knife Parry: [3d6.skill(9,+1+2-3)] => [5,3,3] = 11 vs (9) or less Failure! by 2
Marik: Feverish Knife Parry: [3d6.skill(9,+1+2-3)] => [3,1,6] = 10 vs (9) or less Failure! by 1
Marik: Or not.
Giant Eagle: Damage is [1d6] => [3] = (3) PI+ to the FACE.
GM: ... you have facial armor, right?
Marik: I don't even have head armor.
Marik: I'm supposed to be on the other side of the battlefield.
GM: 4 damage after DR to the face.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [25] Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

GM: (BTW, Marik needs to resist stunning again)
Beltarne: Extra Effort: Quick Stand
GM: Roll it.
Beltarne: DX (12) [3d6.skill(12,-4+1)] => [5,1,1] = 7 vs (9) or less Success! by 2
Beltarne: Sweet!
Marik: HT: [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [5,5,2] = 12 vs (15) or less Success! by 3
Beltarne: And step?
GM: Sure.
Beltarne: ###
Beltarne: Okies

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Firefly)

Wolfgang: shield slam!
Wolfgang: SM-1?
GM: Yes.
Wolfgang: Shield (Shield) (16) [3d6.skill(16,-1+1)] => [4,4,3] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5 Includes: +1 from 'Master of Arms'
Goblins: Dodge and retreat! [3d6.skill(5,3-2)] => [2,3,1] = 6 vs (6) or less Success! by 0
GM: Got any farther to move?
Wolfgang: eh? he was facing away
GM: Nope, flank shot.
GM: Took the penalty.
Marik: Probably Peripheral Vision.
Wolfgang: luck
GM: Well, shoot.
Goblins: Dodge and retreat! [3d6.skill(5,3-2)] => [4,2,4] = 10 vs (6) or less Failure! by 4
Wolfgang: no, I was coming from directly behind
Goblins: Dodge and retreat! [3d6.skill(5,3-2)] => [1,4,5] = 10 vs (6) or less Failure! by 4
GM: They had heard you and he had turned to the left.
Wolfgang: didn't show on my end then
GM: Weird.
Wolfgang: anyhow, hit him in the end
Marik: I'd think Lizards would be great candidates for Peripheral Vision anyway. :P
GM: Well, you hit him [4d6+2+5] => [6,5,3,4,2,5] = (25) knockback damage versus [3d6+1] => [6,6,4,1] = (17) knockback.
Wolfgang: [1d+1+3] => 1d+1+3
Wolfgang: [1d6+1+3] => [6,1,3] = (10)
Narrator: Wolfgang blocks lightning then slams into a lizard. It goes flying.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Firefly
(on deck: [24] Goblin Thug)

Firefly: Turn and step towards Marik and Beltarn. Hurl fireball at goblin. "Kumain ng apoy at paso!" (10 yards away after the step, reduced by 2 for being 5 yards above him, net is 8, -4 to hit for range, no size mod, +1 for bless?)
GM: Fine by me.
Firefly: Fireball [3d6.skill(15,-4+1)] => [5,3,4] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0
Goblins: Block! [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [4,4,6] = 14 vs (13) or less Failure! by 1
Beltarne: ((Nice))
Firefly: Fireball [2d6] => [2,5] = (7) burn
Goblins: "Grrr."

8) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Goblin Thug
(on deck: [22] Shock Lizard)

Goblins: Attacks Marik? or Beltarne [1d3] => [2] = (2)
Firefly: He's probably on fire.
Firefly: Just, yknow.
Firefly: sayin.
Goblins: Steps and swings at Beltarne! [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [2,2,4] = 8 vs (14) or less Success! by 6 DA-2/-1
Marik: (If he is, it's for 1d-4, and he's got at least DR2. He ignores it.)
Goblins: "Die, stunty!"
Beltarne: Feverish Block! [3d6.skill(12,+1-1+2)] => [3,3,6] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Beltarne: "You first!"

9) YOUR TURN NOW:: [22] Shock Lizard
(on deck: [28] Ghazeb)

Shock Lizard: Shocker Lizard 1 steps and zaps Wolfgang! [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [3,1,2] = 6 vs (14) or less Success! by 8 DA-4/-2
Wolfgang: block!
GM: ... FWIW, Wolfgang can't block after a shield rush.
Wolfgang: eh? doesn't say that under shield rush rules
Firefly: It's a Move and Attack.
GM: It makes no sense that you can't parry after a Move and Attack, but you can Block after a Move and Attack with your shield.
GM: Dodge or soak the hit.
Wolfgang: ok, dodge
Wolfgang: [3d6.skill(9,+1+3)] => [1,1,4] = 6 vs (13) or less Success! by 7

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

** Ghazeb sprints to the north **

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

** Thasos follows right behind. **

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Marik
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagles)

** Marik drops his knife, fast-draws an arrow (no penalty because we don't use position penalties, no roll because No Nuisance rolls), fast-readies (no roll because I'm a Heroic Archer and position penalties are for wusses), and shoots the eagle (-3 for fast-ready, no range penalty, no position penalty because I'm a Heroic Goddam Archer, no Bulk penalty because I'm a Heroic Goddamn Archer.). **
Marik: Did I get that right?
GM: Sure. Want to roll consciousness first just for laughs?
Marik: Also -4 for shock.
Marik: Consciousness: [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [6,1,3] = 10 vs (15) or less Success! by 5
Marik: Bow: [3d6.skill(20,+1-3-4-2)] => [6,4,3] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1 DA -2/1
GM: ....
Marik: Burn.
Marik: ###
Firefly: Luck?
Marik: Burned it and failed parrying the eagle last round.
GM: really unlikely chance he hits the goblin? [3d6.skill(6)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (6) or less Failure! by 5
GM: really unlikely chance he hits Beltarne? [3d6.skill(6)] => [1,3,6] = 10 vs (6) or less Failure! by 4
Firefly: (( lost Nathan ))
GM: okay.

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagles
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Ghazeb: Marik needs the next level of luck huh?
Giant Eagle: Keep eating Marik's face! [3d6.skill(20,-5)] => [3,6,5] = 14 vs (15) or less Success! by 1
Marik: One of my ideas for a replacement character is a social-focused Swashbuckler with Ridiculous Luck.
Ghazeb: sounds good
Marik: Can't dodge (roll is less than three), have no parrying weapon, have no block.
Giant Eagle: Damage is [1d6] => [6] = (6) Pi+
Firefly: Brawling parry.
Firefly: DX parry.
Firefly: You can always parry.
GM: Major wound to the face, resist stun at -5.
Marik: And take 6 pi+ to the arm instead? Ow.
Firefly: Better'n the face.
Firefly: with that stun thing.
Marik: Death: [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [5,4,2] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Marik: Major Wound: [3d6.skill(14,+1-5)] => [2,1,4] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [25] Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

** Beltarne step to the side away from shield, swing axe at foot **
Beltarne: Axe/Mace (18) [3d6.skill(18,-4+1)] => [2,3,6] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4 Includes: +1 from 'Pickaxe Penchant', +3 from 'Extra Pickaxe Penchant'
Goblins: Block! [3d6.skill(11,3)] => [4,6,6] = 16 vs (14) or less Failure! by 2
Goblins: Well, soot.
Beltarne: Axe * Primary [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5) cut
Beltarne: Meh
Narrator: Beltarne's blow barely manages to cut through the goblin's thick boot.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Firefly)

GM: Wolfgang needs to resist Bloodlust or continue after the lizard.
Wolfgang: bloodlust [3d6.skill(15,0)] => [1,5,2] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7
Wolfgang: signature attack! DA -4/-2 on the attack part
Wolfgang: rapid strike feint and attack [3d6.skill(20,-3+1+1)] => [4,4,5] = 13 vs (19) or less Success! by 6 atk DA -4/-2 [3d6.skill(20,-3-4+1+1-1)] => [5,2,5] = 12 vs (14) or less Success! by 2
Shock Lizard: Resist feint! [3d6.skill(15)] => [4,1,3] = 8 vs (15) or less Success! by 7
Shock Lizard: Dodge and retreat! [3d6.skill(10,3-2)] => [6,1,6] = 13 vs (11) or less Failure! by 2
Wolfgang: [2d6+8] => [1,5,8] = (14) cutting
Narrator: With a single blow, you cleave the lizard in two.

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Firefly
(on deck: [24] Goblin Thug)

Firefly: Hm.
Firefly: Um.
Firefly: Bird look like it wants to eat face some more
Firefly: ?
GM: Yep.
Firefly: OOooookay.
Firefly: uh. Urm. Shape AIR!
Firefly: Blow that damn bird off of him!
Ghazeb: .......?
** Ghazeb thinks something here isn't right... **
GM: Uhm... okay.
Firefly: Ok, did we settle if Shape Air is a half cost spell? I'm thinking it isn't.
GM: No, it totally is.
GM: Knockback is damage.
Firefly: Oh sweet.
Firefly: Shape air, 4 FP (effective FP 8, 4 dice of knockback).
Firefly: -5 for low mana, -2 for spells on, +1 for bless.
Firefly: Shape Air (18) [3d6.skill(18,-5-2+1)] => [6,5,1] = 12 vs (12) or less Success! by 0 for [4] => 4 FP
GM: Damage?
Firefly: [4d6] => [6,5,5,2] = (18) knockback
Firefly: Screw you, bird.
Beltarne: ((Heh))
Giant Eagle: Stay standing? [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [5,4,1] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3

8) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Goblin Thug
(on deck: [22] Shock Lizard)

Ghazeb: ncie
Firefly: luck.
Giant Eagle: Stay standing? [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [2,4,3] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4
Giant Eagle: Stay standing? [3d6.skill(14,-1)] => [4,4,3] = 11 vs (13) or less Success! by 2
Firefly: Screw you, bird. :P
Beltarne: ((Stupid bell curve))
Goblins: Step to the side, committed attack (strong) on Beltarne! [3d6.skill(16,-2)] => [1,6,6] = 13 vs (14) or less Success! by 1 DA-2/-1
Beltarne: Axe * Primary parry [3d6.skill(14,0)] => [2,6,2] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4

9) YOUR TURN NOW:: [22] Shock Lizard
(on deck: [28] Ghazeb)

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

Beltarne: I don't think that's tright, my defense macros are all screwed up
** Ghazeb continues sprinting **

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Marik
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagles)

Marik: Conscious?: [3d6.skill(14,+1)] => [3,6,2] = 11 vs (15) or less Success! by 4
Marik: I appear to be on the bird's flank?
GM: Uhm, sure.
GM: With some major penalties.
Marik: Arrow into the bird!
Marik: Any penalty for airflow?
GM: -1, I guess.
GM: Wait, arrow? -4.
Marik: Bow: [3d6.skill(20,+1-3-4-4)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Marik: Nope!
Marik: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagles
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Giant Eagle: Step out of the airstream, emit disease.
GM: Marik resists with HT.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [25] Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

Beltarne: Face goblin and swing for the neck
Beltarne: Axe/Mace (18) [3d6.skill(18,-5+1)] => [2,4,4] = 10 vs (14) or less Success! by 4 Includes: +1 from 'Pickaxe Penchant', +3 from 'Extra Pickaxe Penchant'
Goblins: Block! [3d6.skill(11,2)] => [2,2,2] = 6 vs (13) or less Success! by 7
Goblins: "Hrah!"

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Firefly)

Goblins: Oops, -2 for committed attack but still good.
Beltarne: Bah
Beltarne: ###
Marik: ((Sorry, phone.))
Marik: ((Disease is unaffected by OMG AIRFLOW?))
Wolfgang: move forward!
Marik: HT: [3d6.skill(14,+1+1)] => [1,5,6] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4
GM: You're not resisting at -2, so it is affected.
Firefly: (( "Violent blast" of air ))

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Firefly
(on deck: [24] Goblin Thug)

** Firefly hoses the stinking bird down with her violent blast of air. [4d6] => [1,4,3,2] = (10) knockback. **
Firefly: And step up one.

8) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Goblin Thug
(on deck: [28] Ghazeb)

Firefly: ***
Goblins: Committed Determined Rapid Strike at Beltarne! [3d6.skill(16,2-6)] => [2,2,1] = 5 vs (12) or less Success! by 7
[3d6.skill(16,2-6)] => [5,2,4] = 11 vs (12) or less Success! by 1

Beltarne: Blocking Spell
Beltarne: Command (Holy) (16) [3d6.skill(16,+1)] => [3,4,5] = 12 vs (17) or less Success! by 5 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
Beltarne: "Drop it!"
Goblins: "Huh?" Resist [3d6.skill(10)] => [6,1,5] = 12 vs (10) or less Failure! by 2
Beltarne: Will Resists
Beltarne: Still gotta defend against second attack?
Narrator: The goblin steps aggressively toward Beltarne, pulling back his axe for a massive swing. He lets it go on the back swing, and then flails his fist near Beltarne's nose.
GM: No.
Firefly: Nice.
GM: How much FP did you burn there?
Beltarne: Aw, I was gonna parry his fist :-)
Beltarne: 2
Beltarne: is it doubled?
GM: No...?

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Marik
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagles)

Beltarne: Okay
Beltarne: Wasn't sure if there was a houserule
Marik: Conscious?: [3d6.skill(14,+1+1)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3
Marik: Kneel.
Marik: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagles
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Giant Eagle: Step and attack Marik's face. [3d6.skill(20,-5-2)] => [6,1,3] = 10 vs (13) or less Success! by 3 DA-2/-1
Marik: You know the worst that can happen in the face is more HP loss.
Marik: A permanently crippled arm would suck.
Beltarne: ((Wouldn't be permanantly crippled, I'm the magic man))
Marik: Can I retreat or Acrobaticize?
Marik: ((Unless you've got Instant Restoration, it would be.))
GM: You can Acrododge at -6, no retreat.
Marik: ((Or, rather, could be.))
Firefly: and not on your face?
Firefly: Don't you have DR 2 on your arm?
Marik: Feverish Dodge: [3d6.skill(5,-2+2+1)] => [3,5,5] = 13 vs (6) or less Failure! by 7
Giant Eagle: Damage is [1d6] => [5] = (5) Pi+

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [25] Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

Marik: [(5*1.5)] => 7.5
Beltarne: Step into non-shield hex and swing for throat
Marik: Major Wound: [3d6.skill(14,+1+1-5)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (11) or less Success! by 0
Beltarne: Axe/Mace (18) [3d6.skill(18,-5+1)] => [3,6,2] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3 Includes: +1 from 'Pickaxe Penchant', +3 from 'Extra Pickaxe Penchant'
Goblins: Block! [3d6.skill(11,2-2)] => [1,2,3] = 6 vs (11) or less Success! by 5
Marik: ((He's still got a shield from that hex. You'd need to be directly north of him to be off his shield.))
GM: You can't quite get to his non-shield size.
GM: err, side.

6) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Wolfgang
(on deck: [24] Firefly)

Beltarne: I can't tell which hex is his front hex then
GM: Sorry.
Wolfgang: step and sig attack at -4/-2
Wolfgang: rapid strike feint and attack [3d6.skill(20,-3+1+1)] => [4,1,3] = 8 vs (19) or less Success! by 11 atk DA -4/-2 [3d6.skill(20,-3-4+1+1)] => [4,4,1] = 9 vs (15) or less Success! by 6
Goblins: Resist feint! [3d6.skill(16)] => [4,1,6] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5
Goblins: Dodge! [3d6.skill(8,2-2-6)] => [5,1,1] = 7 vs (2) or less Failure! by 5
Wolfgang: [2d6+8] => [4,2,8] = (14) cutting
Goblins: Resist Stun! [3d6.skill(12,3)] => [3,2,2] = 7 vs (15) or less Success! by 8

7) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Firefly
(on deck: [24] Goblin Thug)

** Firefly keeps hosing the stinking bird down with her violent blast of air. [4d6] => [4,6,3,3] = (16) knockback. **
GM: Free action.
Firefly: hm.
Firefly: ooo.
Firefly: Move towards him, staying out of the air blast!
Firefly: Moving down to hover right above Marik. On fire. Angry. Wielding the WIND.
GM: Okay.

8) YOUR TURN NOW:: [24] Goblin Thug
(on deck: [28] Ghazeb)

Goblins: Crouch and grab his axe again! [3d6.skill(12)] => [2,2,2] = 6 vs (12) or less Success! by 6

1) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Ghazeb
(on deck: [28] Thasos)

Ghazeb: 1/2 movement is rounded down?
GM: I think so.
Ghazeb: That means no all out attack...
Ghazeb: move and attack with a skill of 9
Ghazeb: I'll move and attack the burning lizard that's out
Ghazeb: then keep moving past it
GM: Roll the attack.
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(9)] => 3d6.skill(9)
Ghazeb: ahh...
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(9,0)] => [6,4,3] = 13 vs (9) or less Failure! by 4

2) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Thasos
(on deck: [28] Marik)

Ghazeb: oh well
GM: Thasos takes [4d6] => [1,5,6,5] = (17)
Narrator: Thasos charges into the wind and gets pushed along.
Thasos: damage?
Ghazeb: Ahh... nice
GM: Knockback only, you're pushed by the wind.
Firefly: no, just knockback.
GM: Action?
Thasos: okay, hold on... move and attack
Ghazeb: ah?
** Thasos leaps as he's pushed along by the wind. He swings his weapon to the side, aiming for the downed lizard. **
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [3d6.skill(18,-9)] => [3,1,5] = 9 vs (9) or less Success! by 0
Marik: ((DX rolls to remain standing? They happen every time you're pushed 1 square or more.))
Ghazeb: (and crushes Ghazeb's skull)
** Thasos clobbers it. **
Thasos: Meteor Hammer [2d6+3+0] => [5,6,3,0] = (14) cr
GM: Right, Thasos needs to roll DX-3 to remain standing.
Thasos: DX (16) [3d6.skill(16,1)] => [3,4,4] = 11 vs (17) or less Success! by 6
** Thasos lands on his feet and keeps running. **

3) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Marik
(on deck: [28] Giant Eagles)

Firefly: Look out. I'm above your head. ANd on fire.
Marik: That makes standing up hard.
Marik: Conscious?: [3d6.skill(14,+1+1)] => [1,1,6] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8
Marik: Fast-Draw (Potion): [3d6.skill(14,+1-4)] => [1,6,2] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
Marik: Ready the healing potion.
Marik: ###

4) YOUR TURN NOW:: [28] Giant Eagles
(on deck: [25] Beltarne)

Giant Eagle: Move and attack, walking forward and emitting a death cloud!
Giant Eagle: Everyone but Wolfgang is affected.
Goblins: Resist disease! [3d6.skill(12,-2)] => [6,4,5] = 15 vs (10) or less Failure! by 5
Goblins: ... sigh. Damage is [1d6-1] => [6,-1] = (5)
Beltarne: HT-3?
Marik: HT: [3d6.skill(14,+1+1)] => [4,6,2] = 12 vs (16) or less Success! by 4
Beltarne: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,+1)] => [2,2,2] = 6 vs (14) or less Success! by 8
Firefly: HT no penalty due to wind?
Ghazeb: (and Ghazeb and Thasos I assume...)
Firefly: HT (11) [3d6.skill(11,+1)] => [5,5,3] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
GM: Right, no penalty because he's on the good side of it.
GM: [1d6-1] => [4,-1] = (3) damage to Firefly, DR doesn't protect.
Beltarne: Would this count as poison? Because I can start tacking on another t3 to all my rolls if so
GM: No, it's a disease.
Firefly: When did I last use luck?
Firefly: 8:38, damn.
GM: Against the bird on the slide and stuff.
Ghazeb: I think you can do luck again Emily
Beltarne: K
Firefly: nope. Not for another 15 minutes or so.
Ghazeb: wait, 14 minutes more to go? it's 10:24 here..
Firefly: HT (11) [3d6.skill(11,+1)] => [6,3,4] = 13 vs (12) or less Failure! by 1
GM: alright.
Firefly: Conciousness!
GM: Oops.
GM: So you fall on Marik?
Firefly: Sorry, 8:38 eastern, it's 9:24 eastern.
Thasos: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,-1)] => [2,2,2] = 6 vs (12) or less Success! by 6
GM: While on fire?
Firefly: Fae down! Fae down!
GM: Firefly lands on Marik for [1d6] => [1] = (1) burning damage.
Beltarne: On fire?
Marik: She's got Flaming Armor up.
Marik: My DR ignores her.
Firefly: Sorry man.
Narrator: The goblin sniffs the green cloud, swears, and collapses in a cough.
Marik: And I manage to remember not to stomp on it to put it out.

5) YOUR TURN NOW:: [25] Beltarne
(on deck: [24] Wolfgang)

Firefly: It doesn't go nuclear thankfully unless he tries to grab me.
Firefly: Oh THANK you.
Beltarne: Step and swing at the eagle
Beltarne: Axe/Mace (18) [3d6.skill(18,-4)] => [4,4,3] = 11 vs (14) or less Success! by 3 Includes: +1 from 'Pickaxe Penchant', +3 from 'Extra Pickaxe Penchant'
Beltarne: -4/-2 DA
Giant Eagle: Dodge! [3d6.skill(11,-2-2)] => [6,3,4] = 13 vs (7) or less Failure! by 6
Giant Eagle: Doh.
Beltarne: Axe * Primary [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10) cut
Beltarne: Axe * Primary [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9) cut
Beltarne: Sorry, hit the butto ntwice
Trek1-4 GM: COMBAT IS OVER>
GM: Foes are all dead and stuff.
GM: Or quickly killable which is the same thing.
GM: Thasos and Firefly need to roll HT-2 until they succeed or someone casts Cure Disease on them.
Marik: Marik carefully recorks his potion, puts it away, then collapses.
** Wolfgang kills the goblin at his feet **
Marik: I will probably make the two HT rolls involved in doing this, and can roll 'em if you really want me to.
Ghazeb: Combat over?
GM: Yes, combat over.
Beltarne: Okay, FIrst Aid Rolls on Firefly and Merik first
** Firefly smoulders. **
Beltarne: First Aid/TL3 (Humanoid) (15) [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [1,3,6] = 10 vs (16) or less Success! by 6 Conditional: +1 from 'First Aid Kit'
GM: Whom first?
Beltarne: First Aid/TL3 (Humanoid) (15) [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [5,4,4] = 13 vs (16) or less Success! by 3 Conditional: +1 from 'First Aid Kit'
Ghazeb: Can I assist on First Aid
Firefly: I'll go out in a minute.
Ghazeb: ?
Firefly: You may want to wait until I'm not on fire :D
Beltarne: Ah yes, perhaps a ranged spell would be a better idea for you
Firefly: I suggest Marik first. eh's worse off.
Beltarne: First was Merik
Firefly: And I'm on fire.
GM: Marik heals [1d6] => [3] = (3) points of damage.
Ghazeb: So first aid on Marik first then?
Beltarne: Lets call off the eattempt to bandage the burning faerie till she's out
GM: He's just, uhm... still dying and stuff.
Ghazeb: If I assist does Beltarne get +1?
GM: He's already succeeded so I'm not too worried about it, Ghazeb.
Firefly: Takes more than a minute to do first aid anyways. BY the time you're done with him, all my spells will expire.
Ghazeb: Or something?
Beltarne: What is that, 1d Mark?
GM: First Aid should have reasonable amounts of healing.
GM: MORE TO THE POINT. THasos and Firefly are diseased and need to roll HT-2 until they succeed.
Beltarne: Major Healing (Holy) (15) [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [4,6,4] = 14 vs (16) or less Success! by 2 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
Ghazeb: Fair enough
Beltarne: Okay, Major Healing, 4 FP
GM: On whom?
Beltarne: You mean less than a d6?
Beltarne: Major Healing again at Merik at -3 for more than 1/day
Marik: Nate, hold up on the healing 'till we sort the disease issue.
Beltarne: Major Healing (Holy) (15) [3d6.skill(15,1-3)] => [3,4,2] = 9 vs (13) or less Success! by 4 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
Beltarne: Okay
Ghazeb: Is it worthwhile to give Firefly a healing potion or can magic and first aid sort everything out?
** Wolfgang goes around cutting off heads and checking for valuables **
Marik: Can we hold everything until Thasos and Firefly sort out the disease issue?
GM: I don't know, I'm trying to determine if Firefly is dead or not but she's not making her HT rolls.
Marik: Thasos, Firefly, can we sort out the disease issue?
Thasos: HT (13) [3d6.skill(13,-2)] => [2,4,3] = 9 vs (11) or less Success! by 2
GM: Okay.
Firefly: Oh, sorry!
GM: Good for Thasos.
Firefly: HT (11) [3d6.skill(11,-2+1)] => [6,1,1] = 8 vs (10) or less Success! by 2
GM: Good for Firefly.
Firefly: Howzat?
GM: Firefly heals [1d6] => [2] = (2) after Beltarne deals with her, and doesn't take more damage from the disease.
GM: Uhm.
GM: Lemme tell Wolfgang what he got.
Thasos: i totally did the quote wrong, if someone will please fix it
GM: What are people doing?
** Wolfgang finds 8 crossbows, 7 iron axes and 1 steel axe, about 100 crossbow bolts, 46 copper coins, and a map. **
Ghazeb: is everyone alive and well?
GM: Map is coming up on MapTools.
Beltarne: Marik should now be at -4 after two major healings. I need to bandage up Wulfgang
Firefly: Picking myself up, and resting.
Wolfgang: "Beltarne, can you get this arrow out? It's a bit hard to reach back there."
GM: Marik is in bad shape, Wolfgang is hurt, Ghazeb has some minor ouches, and Firefly has been better.
Firefly: "Alive, but exhausted."
Beltarne: And I could use some bandaging my own sellf
GM: That too.
Beltarne: Okay if I roll, Mark?
GM: Go for it.
GM: Ghazeb too if he's helping.
Ghazeb: Ghazeb is trying to help Beltarne with first aid
Beltarne: What too?
Beltarne: OK, Ghazeb, roll for me, I'll get everyone else
Beltarne: First Aid/TL3 (Humanoid) (15) [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [5,4,2] = 11 vs (16) or less Success! by 5 Conditional: +1 from 'First Aid Kit'
** Thasos licks his fingers, and puts a stray hair back in place. **
Beltarne: For Wulfgang
GM: Wolfgang heals [1d6] => [2] = (2)
Beltarne: [1d6] => [4] = (4)
GM: okay, 4 is good too.
Ghazeb: I'm rolling First Aid for Beltarne
Ghazeb: [3d6.skill(10,0)] => [2,4,1] = 7 vs (10) or less Success! by 3
GM: okay.
GM: Ghazeb, roll 1d6 for amount healed.
Wolfgang: wait, do I get 4 or 2?
Beltarne: we can use the 2 for me
Beltarne: you get 4
GM: Wolfgang gets 4.
Ghazeb: sorry
Ghazeb: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
Ghazeb: should i luck that for a higher roll?
Ghazeb: might as well
Ghazeb: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
Ghazeb: [1d6] => [4] = (4)
Beltarne: No
GM: 4 for Beltarne.
GM: Again, what are people doing?
Thasos: last roll of the night, why not?
Ghazeb: i save my luck rolls too much
Ghazeb: i don't have much else to roll for at this point
Beltarne: Okay
Ghazeb: might as well
GM: You spend 30 minutes clearing wounds and searching bodies.
GM: During which the sun sets.
Ghazeb: probably last roll
Thasos: you didn't have any really bad ones or fail really important ones
Ghazeb: Beltarne, did you First Aid me?
** Thasos begins going through the pockets of the fallen goblins. **
GM: Too late, Wolfgang already did.
Beltarne: I want to set up camp, tuck Marik in, search bodies, and then do some ritual casting to get Healing Slumber on Marik
Wolfgang: I'll give the map to Marik if he's awake
Ghazeb: What am I doing? Hopefully being treated by Beltarne
Ghazeb: Nope
Firefly: Resting.
Beltarne: [1d6] => [5] = (5)
Thasos: that's an early sunset
Beltarne: No, I can do that now
Beltarne: First Aid/TL3 (Humanoid) (15) [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [6,2,1] = 9 vs (16) or less Success! by 7 Conditional: +1 from 'First Aid Kit'
GM: It's 6 pm in mid-September?
Ghazeb: I'll search bodies if healing is all done with
GM: Wolfgang searched the bodies.
Thasos: i guess we're setting up camp now?
Ghazeb: Who was that on?
Beltarne: who was what on?
Ghazeb: depends on the latitude really
Wolfgang: (( generally good idea to move well away from the dead bodies, they attract scavengers ))
Beltarne: We can dumb the bodies in the gully to the south
Beltarne: *dump
Beltarne: Predators aren't gonna mess with us when there's a concentrated source of meat nearby
GM: Beltarne prays for 2 hours, Thasos does rituals for 2
GM: You can easily set up camp, catch up on sleep, and get on the road fully rested at dawn the next morning.
GM: You guys stumble around, find a safer place to hang out, carry Marik over there...
Ghazeb: so Beltarne, was that last First Aid on me?
Beltarne: Fear the word of the narrator/cleric!
Beltarne: Yes, unless someone already got you
GM: I'd appreciate it if you could figure out your next plans and tell me by Thursday.
Thasos: 2 hours ritual? i'm getting a good sleep tonight!
Ghazeb: Can I be the narrator next?
Marik: Healing Slumber is good for how many HPs?
Beltarne: Sure thing, Mark
Wolfgang: we've got about 86 lbs. of weapons here to carry
GM: Uhm... 2 per hour, I think?
GM: Nope, 1 per hour.
Beltarne: So 8
Beltarne: 1/hr
GM: Oh, double for 10 FP.
Ghazeb: so can i roll d6 to see how much HP i get back?
Thasos: what did the body searching turn up?
Beltarne: 2 FP/hr
Marik: 1 per hour unless Beltarne spends 10FP instead of 6.
Wolfgang: Unless Marik gets some cool insight from the map, we should head back to the road and keep going southish
Beltarne: or rather, doubles FP recovery rate, I believe
Marik: Yeah, but it has something about 'maximum recovery is unchanged'.
Ghazeb: ah, okay
Marik: And I think it can't heal more than 8HP even with the increased cost.
Marik: So.
Beltarne: I already did, you're topped off
Marik: I think that means you heal 2/hour for 4 hours then stop healing.
Ghazeb: will the map be up on the wiki?
GM: Ignore that, that's bunk. Double healing is double healing.
GM: Uhm.
GM: Ghazeb: I'll upload it. You guys decide what to do with it.
Wolfgang: does Beltarne have any FP/time left over for some magical topping off for me?
GM: I'm going to assume so, what with 8 hours of sleep and his watch and stuff.
Ghazeb: yeah.. that'll be the hard part
Wolfgang: We got 8 crossbows, 7 iron axes and 1 steel axe, about 100 crossbow bolts, 46 copper coins, and a map.
GoblinMap

Firefly: Firefly can do some Minor Healing once her FP and ER bounce back.
Beltarne: Yes, I can get you Wolfgang, after I've rested enough to be able to drop Healing Slumber on Marik
Ghazeb: anyone have any idea where we are on the dman thing?
Firefly: takes 50 minutes.
Beltarne: You want me to roll those both now, Mark?
Marik: My early morning will probably be spent trying to figure the new map out.
Marik: Since I wake up at about 3 or 4 AM feeling completely refreshed.
GM: Sure.
Marik: Iron axes are almost not worth the effort of carrying them out of the mountains.
GM: I mean, Beltarne, sure.
GM: And we'll call it there for the day.
Marik: The steel axe may not be depending on how good it is.
Beltarne: Yeah
Beltarne: We need a damn mule
Wolfgang: iron = cheap?
GM: Iron = cheap.
** Thasos takes 10 coins. **
Beltarne: Healing Slumber (Holy) (16) [3d6.skill(16,1)] => [6,1,4] = 11 vs (17) or less Success! by 6 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
GM: THe steel axe is orcish make.
Marik: Axe = cheap. :P
Wolfgang: Connoisseur (Weapons) (11) [3d6.skill(11,+1)] => [2,1,2] = 5 vs (12) or less Success! by 7
Beltarne: Major Healing (Holy) (15) [3d6.skill(15,1)] => [5,1,2] = 8 vs (16) or less Success! by 8 Includes: +4 from 'Power Investiture (Holy)'
Ghazeb: we do need a mule
Ghazeb: but what happens to the mule when we get in a fight?
Beltarne: the only difference between "iron" and "steel" is the cost, really
Ghazeb: or when we go into a dungeon or something?
Beltarne: So that tops off Wulfgang and leaves Marik at +4 in the morning.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.